8.5

1. May 18, 2011
    This is definitely the best RPG i ever played in my life and a candidate for Game of the Year 2011. The best of all is of course the story. It is great and non-linear, full of choices and great dialogs. Characters are deep and complex, even the commoners and their dialogs are perfect. Graphics are amazing too! Looks like they really did a good work with it. Since first play i know that is game made from fans for fans. And from a real proffessionals. That is how should look modern rpgs! Also fantastic main characters and fight system... i can't wait until i'll play it again. Of course game has minor bugs, but no one of them interfere in the game. Witcher 2 have my full recommendation! Play it and see for yourself, you will definitely not be disapointed!! Expand
  2. s1n
    May 18, 2011
    Ok, I'll try to be as specific as I can with my review so I can help those who haven't made a decision yet:

1. Optimization - the game runs smooth on MID details on my 2x3.0 Ghz, 2 GB RAM, RadeonHD 4850, Win XP. And by MID details in The Witcher 2 I mean HIGH in many other blockbuster titles - the looks of the game are simply astounding! A few minor bugs will probably be handled with
    the first patch, but they don't screw up the whole picture at all.

2. Story - it nails you to the chair from the very beginning. Mature, deep, with characters that have their own affairs and motivation. The game provokes REAL emotions, with some of the scenes so deeply moving! This is a game, that you will remember long after you finished it!

3. Choices & non-linearity - finally they are real! This is not a typical Mass Effect thing, where the only choice you had was to be uber-polite or **** in dialogues, but no matter what you "chose" the outcome was the same and the story went on. Here you make REAL choices, that change the story completely at some points, make you visit different locations and meet different characters throughout the game. And typically for Geralt's world - usually you have to choose between two evils. 4. Audio - music & voice acting are from the top shelf. Period. 5. World design - with a huge attention to details, you can see passion and hard work put into the world design every corner you turn. All that crafting combined with very good ambience sounds make The Witcher 2 the most immersive RPG I have played.

6. Combat system - some people say it's too hard and chaotic, but I find it well balanced between action and some strategic thinking. The action factor is more visible, but hey - don't you think that swinging swords, casting spells and trying to slay your opponent is ALL about action?

7. Character development - the system is clear and gives you many options to develop Geralt the way you feel comfortable to play. 8. Overall - if you could call a game epic - this is the one. Not in the "internet" meaning of epic being something incredibly good(well, this too), but actually epic. The game has scale, ambition, and it has those little moments that make you just sit there in front of your screen with your hands off the keyboard and mouse and ADMIRE IT. If you can consider games an art - this is the masterpiece. Crafted with love and making those 30 hours of your life spent on it richer.

(wonder if anyone actually read this till the end :) )
  3. May 18, 2011
    Excellent!
    Much better than Arcania or DA2, it's not only true, pure RPG, this is great hope for this genre! Epic story, realistic combat, funny e-eggs, interesting world, charismatic hero ...and is so beautiful!
    Game of the Year, and the best RPG since Planescape!
  4. May 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Sensational game. CD Projekt will be rubbing shoulders with Blizzard and Valve soon if they keep up this quality. The attention to detail throughout is on a new level, you can't help but stop and gaze through a markets goods or simply watch villagers as they go about their day-to-day business. The story so far is enthralling and the character design is Blizzard standard. Expand
  5. May 18, 2011
    This game is presents itself with some really difficult approaches for the gamer. But as there seems an overwhelming positive feedback from the gamerbase it seems it's console style gameplay und depth is the new standard to RPGs. One can not really describe this game anymore as a real RPG like in the old ways. There are comparisons to Baldur's Gate out there, but unlike this game BG had character customization. If you don't like the silver haired, cat eyed witcher antihero then you can not change that in any way. The customization of his "class" is also not that wide. Some "spells" (runes) and combat moves to put your points into, that's it. No cleric, no rogue.
    The animations, as some reviews pointed out, are for once beautifully animated but absolutely unrealistic and awkward designed. Geralt must be hulk to swing and turn with his sword like this. This does not fit with the "adult", "grim" and "realistic" approach to fantasy the game otherwise tries to deliver.
    The game itself is not that much linear but you do not get much freedom too. The areas are very tiny and there is no open world, almost no ground to explore. But why would you go out and explore if you can not customize your character in any way either?
    The graphics on the other hand are really, really beautiful, but only to those who could a high end machine. On low details you are bound to graphics like 2005 and you still get fps issues here and there. Feels like a really sloppy programmed engine.
    The combat gameplay feels like some bad console hack and slay. You got issues with targetting, blocking and overall movement. As you can see the dumbed down menues everywhere it's obvious this title was made for use on consoles too. While I do not think RPGs can deliver aciton, like the Elder Scrolls series for example, this really is not it. Repetetive button mashing fights are not what makes RPGs shine. At least the combat feels more refined than in Witcher 1.
    The story is at best predictable and at worst just plain boring and uninvolving. But it may only be, that you can not really follow the emotions because Geralt is really a stranger and you do not really like him at any times. The adult scenes can not make up for this as it is always this silver haired guy who you are watching at. Really dissappointing.
    I can not give this game more points and even if you like Geralt and simplistic gameplay, between the sloppy engine and flat story no 10 points rating here is justified.
  6. May 18, 2011
    I am your typical casual player: age 40, paper pusher, only finished HalfLife2, Mass Effects, Assassin's Creed 2 and Witcher 1 in my life. And I already know this: I will finish this one and I'll be playing it again and again. For the story, the choices and dialogues, for the graphics, for the wonderful, overwhelming world.
  7. May 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have waited a long time for this game, and my expectations were very high. And now after playing Witcher 2, I can say that I'm satisfied with every aspect of this game. The Witcher 2 should become an example for other developers, what RPG game should be. In one word, it is masterpiece. I haven't doubt that Witcher 2 will be the game of the Year 2011. Expand
  8. May 18, 2011
  9. May 18, 2011
    Absolutely stunning game , there is no game that can compare to The Witcher 2.Coming as only 2nd from pretty fresh developer it is truly a miracle i can't wait what CDPR has prepared next for us.
    Gameplay is solid , tough it could use some improvement.Combat is definitely a huge improvement from TW1 it's both entertaining and challenging.Mini games are nothing impressive really , but those
    are nice addition to the game.
    Story is spectacular , can't say anything else without spoiling. Graphics , well i can say few things 1.It looks better than Crysis 2.It has best art style in any game to date IMO.Basically it is best looking game to date.Of course there is a difference between FPS and 3rd person game graphics , but Witcher 2 focuses more on small details than any game before (keeping in mind size of the locations).

I can honestly say , if you don't play it , you are missing out a gem of a decade.
  10. May 18, 2011
    The most beautiful game ever. The best RPG ever. Breathtaking masterpiece.
    This won't be classic. It is classic already. Mature story, great dubbing, pleasurable fight and complex quests.
    That's what I'm talking about!
  11. May 18, 2011
    Witcher 2 will be simply the best RPG of all time. Wonderful graphics, deep characters and living world from Sapkowski's books. It consumes you as you play with incredible plot and addicting gameplay. Simply the best! Wonderful graphics, deep characters and living world from Sapkowski's books. It consumes you as you play with incredible plot and addicting gameplay. Wonderful graphics, deep characters and living world from Sapkowski's books.
    It consumes you as you play with incredible plot and addicting gameplay.
  12. May 18, 2011
    The Witcher 2 is a really complete RPG with loads of different elements that ensures that you get involved both with Geralt and the world of the Witcher 2. The action is tight and it actually takes some skill to kill your opponents. You may not be a juggernaut, but you can be sure that you have to the tools to kick ass. Six guards with attitude comes to kick your ass? Use the shield spell and mind control one of them to do your dirty work and BAM, the odds are now in your favor.

Over all the Witcher 2 is a stunning looking, great playing and amazingly sounding game. Check it out or you'll be sorry.
  13. May 18, 2011
    Hello,
    i must say this is the best RPG game i have played for long time. Strong main character good story line. I can recommend this game to any one that loves rpg games! 10 for me
  14. May 24, 2011
    It is really hard to describe such a masterpiece in just few sentences. It's not just a game. It is a sparkling diamond, a big shiny beacon of hope for those who thought they shall never play a true RPG game again. Wither 2 has enormous background. From the beginning we meet numerous of creatures who aren't just characters. They are alive human and non-human beings with their feelings, thoughts etc. and they just live their lives and player feels that out there is a big living world not just a bunch of persons whose only goal is to help our main character. The graphic system - oblivious. The battle system- tough, hard, demanding and requires a tactic and logic. It's nearly perfect! The plot - a masterpiece thanks to A. Sapkowski and his stunning novels. The game is a truly a Game of the Year and one of the best RPG ever. (amongst the Fallout, BG 2, Planescape). Expand
  15. May 18, 2011
    One of the best cRPG I have ever played. Stunning visuals, immersing world, great music and voice acting. Ther are some minor flaws to, but Red's showed us that they support they products like no other studio. Its 9/10 in my opinion, but someone need to balance DAII fanboys.
  16. May 18, 2011
    Witcher is an icon of polish fantasy/science fiction. Thanks to CD-PROJECT we have a chance to experience it at our computer screens. So far, the best Polish game and one of the top around the globe. I could tell you that "Witcher 2" gives you wonderful experiences and sensations, bla, bla.. but I think that any of this words cannot explain it. The only way to understand what I am trying to say is to take a part
    in this amazing adventure. Its a graphic masterpiece - you cant missed it.
  17. May 18, 2011
    A real breath of fresh air in a market of dumbed down , sorry "streamlined" franchises, The Witcher 2 gives a fine example of an immersive, challenging, strategic and above all fun game with a real break from the linearity of it's counterparts.
  18. May 18, 2011
    What an amazing game cdproject bring to us. The best rpg of a decade, i cant understand how people can vote to this with zero, go out trolls, this game dont deserve that.
  19. May 18, 2011
    One of the best RPGs to date. It's actually rather sad that a game as superb as this one has the unfortunate honour of being the subject of trolls who write bogus reviews in an attempt to advertise another game that performed poorly in its user rating (and rightly so).

Anyway, this game has it all. The dialogue, the characters, the graphics (superb!) and the gameplay have clearly been
    refined to the point of near perfection. The attention to detail that the developers have invested in this game is truly astounding. The backdrops are vibrant and really rather incredible, making the game an absolute pleasure to play. If your desire to buy RPGs has been crushed by the very game mentioned by the 0-rating trolls, fear not; there's no copied and pasted environments in this game. This is what a RPG should be and other developers should be taking note. Overall, I would give this game a 9.8/10 but Metacritic doesn't allow for decimal points in their review system and I feel 9/10 is too low for a game of this quality, so I'm rounding up. 10/10. Expand
  20. May 18, 2011
    For a full and honest review from someone who has actually played the game and isn't a troll named anything refering to bioware check out my blog on IGN.com user kane_darkhorn. Trust me its worth it.
  21. May 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Witcher is an icon of polish fantasy/science fiction. Thanks to
    CD-PROJECT we have a chance to experience it at our computer screens. So
    far, the best Polish game and one of the top around the globe. I could
    tell you that "Witcher 2" gives you wonderful experiences and
    sensations, bla, bla.. but I think that any of this words cannot explain
    it. The only way to understand what I am trying to say is to take a part
    in this amazing adventure. Its a graphic masterpiece - you cant missed it.
  22. May 18, 2011
    One of the best RPGs I've ever played and the only RPG I've played in recent years that has kept my attention from the beginning and held it. As for the combat, it is engaging and fun while maintaining a nice balance of strategy and action. On the "normal " game difficulty setting, the combat was just difficult enough to keep me challenged. The combination of magic / swordplay / traps & bombs is a lot of fun and gives you many options to use during the midst of combat.

As for the graphics, they are breathtaking. The attention to detail is bar none. The uniforms and patterns are incredibly detailed and well thought out. The environments feel so real and the dungeons give me a bit of a shiver with the perfectly reverberating sound and realistic atmospheric effects like fog / haze. There have been some complaints of graphical glitches, control bugs and other bugs... but I haven't experienced any bugs whatsoever. The load times are excellent on my mid-range rig and I'm able to run the graphics on "medium" and have perfectly smooth frame rates. I'm running an Intel Core-i7 870, 8 gigs of ram, ATI 5870 and Creative Soundblaster Fatility.

Thank you cdprojekt! THANK YOU!
  23. May 18, 2011
    For now I can only say - masterpiece...The game is so beautiful, so very well rounded. Dialogue - well written, very brilliant and sprightly, and immersive. Living world, interesting plot, all that atmosphere - great job. There are of course minor bugs, but I don't care ;) One of the best game I've ever played.
  24. May 18, 2011
    The Witcher 2 is the best-looking game ever! It kicks BioWare's ass in many aspects! First, of course, the graphics are amazing! Second, the decision we make in The Witcher 2 are way more serious and change much more than we experienced in Dragon Age 2. So think more than twice about what you are going to say/do! Third, I like the combat! It's not that easy-going combat from Dragon Age 2! When we are facing many enemies at once it's not like: "So.. that's all you got?". We are no superhero. We experience how hard it is to fight so many opponents. We have to dodge them an hit 'em from behind. Plant traps and sometimes, we even need to step back for a moment. It's way more intense. Fourth, the story! It's a suspenceful story! I really like the turns in it and the long dialogues are the best I've seen so far. I really like RPGs that have not that stupid one-liner we all now!
    What's with that stupid female crap MarianHawke is writing about? Insulting? The female character aren't insulted in any way in this game! We have strong female characters, who are smart and are fully emancipated. So, play this game again and think about it. Thanks!
  25. May 18, 2011
    This game is everything dragon age shoul have been. I love bioware but if cd project can continue to pump out this quality of a game, the gaming world will have a new rpg leader. It's very mature so do not play around the little ones if you have them. The game is near flawless if not flawless. It is also incredibly challenging. I died a few times during just the prologue. That's not a bad thing. It makes it not feel like such a hack n slash. In dragon age 2 u feel like u can jump into 10 enemies and walk away with ease. Not here. If you jump into more than 2 it makes u sweat. I love that about this game. Graphically it is also really well done. The detail they put into it is astonishing. Foe example,If u bump a bucket of tomatoes it actually falls and the tomatoes fall everywhere. If you have the computer to play it and aren't afraid of nudity or very mature language I can't recommend this game enough Expand
  26. May 18, 2011
    This game is one of the best games I've ever played. So far this year has not been released game RPG that can be better. Gives it 10/10 And this is GOTY 2011.
  27. May 18, 2011
    The non-linear storyline, fine sound effects, superb hard dynamical battles and awesome graphics: what else a good RPG game could require? 40 hours of game-play definitely makes the game even more intriguing.
  28. Jun 4, 2011
    Outstanding Game, definitely in my top 5 favorites of all time. Great graphics, gameplay, and story. This is what Dragon Age 2 should of been, Bioware better be taking notes for DA3. Can't wait for the sequel to this excellent game.
  29. May 18, 2011
    10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The best RPG game so far this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  30. May 18, 2011
    An amazing game. Not just on a technical level, but on an artistic level as well. You can tell people had a lot of passion for this game when thye made it.
  31. May 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is the best 4ever. I never saw more beautiful graphics. The story is excellent, non-linearity even knocks on my knees. This is a REAL rpg, and not what gives us the last BioWare ... I think that the fight for the title games of this year is quite probable. The Witcher is the game, what you MUST to buy! I get 9.9 9,9 Expand
  32. May 18, 2011
    I am speech less.Amazing graphics,gameplay,sound just everything is perfect except a few bugs this is one of the best games i have ever played in my entire life and i have played allot of games.Now we will see how skyrim turns out against this game and seeing how good skyrim looks this will be one hell of a battle between these two games.
  33. May 28, 2011
    This game made me excited again , to play a real rpg on PC , Graphic outstanding the best I have ever seen comparing this to Dragon age 2 or 1 graphic is unfair ..
    Sound are also great , I enjoy ambient sounds , sword sheathing , everything is done nicely
    Control : I don't know why so many complains about control , it response very well Story : One of the most amazing story in Game
    history , your choices mean something , bad may be good , and good may be bad .
    Game play : I find the game not that hard , if you go button smashing of course you will die ,
    you need to think , prepare yourself before the battles , make bombs , traps , and poisons .
    Improvement from the first game : the world is more realistic , Geralt can interact with many things , like climbing , sneaking , knocking enemies , light fire . these all knew things .
    Improvement for the Alchemy and mediation system . you don't need Alcohol for making potions .
  34. May 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really think that CD Project made an grateful experience. The Witcher connect best parts of RPG. I'm hope Witcher became best game 2011... and now i back to play. :) Expand
  35. May 18, 2011
    The Witcher 2 is simply a great RPG, by far superior to its previous installment. It is a must-buy to any RPG PC gamer fan. Its story-telling, sound, and graphics are outstanding.
  36. May 18, 2011
    One of the Best Games for PC this year so far, even when you look at heavyweights like Dragon age 2, Portal 2 o Crysis 2 , this game still manages to stand out, not only with its Graphics but with a Story and a gameplay that are simply refreshing, after so much hand-holding that we are getting used to in modern games, with so much tutorials, it´s good to get thrown against a giant Dragon in the first 5 minutes of the game without knowing how to swing your sword, it makes me remember , how the first hour of Demon´s Souls was, Not an easy game, If you are looking for something different, something beautiful, or something to just test your Rig, stop looking. Expand
  37. May 18, 2011
    One of the best games this year so far, its nice to look at and it gets better the more you play it, I didn't have a clue what I was doing first off but after a few hours the game play flows, there are a few bugs but they should get patched up at some point, a great game.
  38. May 21, 2011
    One of the best RPG games ever made. The amount of effort that CD Project RED put in the game is seen all over, from what is a Standart 50$ with all the additional content put in the box to what the CE is. The amount of work put on the details in game is also amazing. The story feels epic and the quests must be example for every new RPG that will come n the future. Yes the game is not without its problems, but you can overlook them if they don't break the experience for you. The game will be of cult status, like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and the RED's promise serious support for the game in the future. Expand
  39. May 18, 2011
    Haters gonna hate...that is all. But apparently since "Your review must be at least 150 characters long" i'll just write one more line to reach 150.....
  40. May 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Witcher 2 Assassin's of King's is amazing game ! Absolutely Game of 2011 Year !! ;D Is the best RPG I ever played :D CDP RED You're the Best !! Expand
  41. May 18, 2011
    Najlepsza gra RPG w historii. Historia żywcem wyjÄ
  42. May 18, 2011
    Very solid game with stunning graphics and just minor flaws. So far the best fantasy action-RPG game of the year.

And you know, you can use here whatever nickname you want? So stop hating on Bioware. All those "Bioware" accounts are obvious trolls.
  43. May 18, 2011
    This is one of the best games i've ever palyed. Form interesting characters to incredibly deep story. I'm playing the game all the time and cant wait to see mode DLC and official addons.
  44. May 22, 2011
    In my opinion is Game of the Year. Fantastic world, dialogs, combat ... all is fantastic. Story is the best of all games ever! Sapkowski is master of fantasy. I must read him books, not only The Witcher.
  45. SDF
    May 18, 2011
    The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is a fantastic, epic spanning RPG, worthy of any PC Gamerâ
  46. May 18, 2011
    This is one of the best RPG of all time! I played Witcher 1 few years ago and I'm shocked how different second game is. I have never seen a sequel that is better from previous game with every aspect. Now I am in act 2 (near end of an act). I think it's 50-60% of the game. It was the best 20 h with video game since I don't even remember :) Story is mature and with a lot of humour in dialogues. NPC are the most interesting characters that video game can provide. Graphics looks astonishing. Even on my 2 years old computer I can play on High settings. If you like RPG - you must buy it! Last time I had such good time was when I played Mass Effect 2. Sorry Bioware but after Dragon Age 2 it's new king in town. Cd Projekt I am waiting for Witcher 3 ! :D Expand
  47. May 18, 2011
    LOL @ Bioware fanboys rating this down. Expect a lot more 0s in the next days. This game is everything DA2 should have been but failed. Suck it down. FTW 10.0
  48. May 18, 2011
    The Witcher 2, a beautiful game with so far stunning story and charm. I have been enthralled by this game and will keep on playing it for a very long time, but every sky has its clouds and the Witcher has a few to be honest. The combat reworking is straight up nightmare sometimes, I lost count on how many times I wanted to attack something straight ahead of me in a mob just to have Geralt jump right into the crowd and get killed, also blocking can many times be way of or now even respond to you pushing the button making hit and run the only alternative. And at last QTE, **** them all.... the game was alot better before they put them in and to be frank they can come at you at very illogical situations (but I won't spoil them here).

But in the end The Wicher 2 is an amazing game and should be played by anyone with an intrest in RPGs. Bioware has a new goal to reach when it comes to putting a storyline together that ain't just black or white but rather gray just as in life, everything you do affects the world and sometimes the small things can have a lot greater inpact then the things you feelt important.
  49. May 18, 2011
    The m_stannard guy has to be a troll, there is absolutely nothing about DAO2 that is better then TW2. I highly recommend playing TW2, it's highly detailed and very polished. The story is super engrossing and allows for a ton of possibilities. The environments are beautiful and the engine which was custom made for the game runs perfectly on a Q6600 + 6870. I don't recommend rushing through the game, if you've played TW1 you will know that there a ton of side quests and side stories that have very compelling plots. Expand
  50. May 18, 2011
    It is really hard to point out all qualities of this game because there are that many of them. Magnificent plot and storyline, deep, ambiguous characters, the importance of the choices you make (the choices, let's add, not obvious and not black and white), great minor characters and the gray, bleak yet vivid world in which the real monsters are the human beings. If we add to it marvelous graphics, well-made soundtrack and a demanding gameplay (you really have to use all your equipment and magic skills when facing a tough opponent or a bunch of them) we get one of the most amazing cRPG games in the last decade. The Witcher 2 is the masterpiece and as such, should stand alongside other masterpieces like Baldur's Gate, Fallout 2, KOTOR and Planescape: Torment. I hope that the game will become a huge success not only as a piece of art, but also as a product, so that we'll see more astonishing works from this small studio. Expand
  51. May 18, 2011
    The Witcher 2 (TW2) the best and worst game of 2011 so far, simultaneously. The story is interesting and not cookie cutter. It is semi faithful to the books, though not completely consistent with some breakthroughs from TW1 imports. It's beautiful looking and the sound score is interesting. The characters seem to have depth and you can feel attached to some of them.

On the bad side the
    controls are inconsistent and grating. As an action game it's horrible, and as an RPG it relies far too much on action elements. If you were to hold up games like Assassins Creed or Arkham Asylum as simple action games that have compelling and inclusive combat systems, TW2 is a jarring and horrible system where neither of your two attack buttons provide any positive or visceral feel; and you spend most of your time trying to not die. The assumption is that you will begin every fight hopped up on potions, setting traps, etc. but it ends up just being tedious. To produce potions you need to gather/buy/borrow/steal ingredients. To produce traps and such you need to find a craftsman to produce these items. Every combat in TW2 is like an MMO raid where you're farming ingredients just to produce the items you need to beat up a few petty thugs. And even then, it's likely you're going to beat the tar out of you, and only your massive health regeneration from potions is saving you.

The menu system is extremely non-intuitive and terrible if you try to use the gamepad controls in the game. Which is unfortunately, because you need to spend a lot of time in the menus micro-managing your inventory weight, your item productions, your recipes, and every other aspect of an extremely tedious consumables system.

The camera is terrible. It perches on your shoulder, with no way to zoom out, and is generally staring you in your face while people beat on you. There's a target lock system, but since parrying is directional and you can't dodge or parry many actions, it's difficult to stay locked on. The free-form locking switches intermittently for no foreseeable reason, causing you to suddenly lunge past the person you were fighting to try to stab someone out of range behind him.

It's a confusing thing to hear the AI actors talk about how scary "The Witcher" is, when in fact he happens to be one of the more pathetic combatants in the game. In certain parts you're left cowering behind your female companion waiting for her to save you from the incoming hordes. Gone is the Geralt of TW1 with his acrobatic attacks and theatrical swordplay. It's replaced by mostly blocking, rolling away, or running away. The combat in TW1 was odd, with other creatures and terrain getting in the way of clicking them to continue your combos, but it generally worked. If you had the time to actually watch Geralt (instead of waiting for the next "click to continue the combo" icon) he was an impressive killing machine. Not so in TW2. So, if you can overlook the worst fighting system I can actually remember playing in the past 10 years, and an overly tedious inventory and consumable system; the rest of the game is brilliant. I find playing it in short bursts helps split up the tediousness of it and let's the strengths shine through.
  52. May 18, 2011
    Are you kidding me? Did someone actually say, that developers of the Witcher 2 are from nineteenth century? This game is supposed to resemble a medieval setting with monsters and such. Try 7 centuries earlier. Mysoginistic? How about realistic? If you think today's world is a man's world, how do you think it looked like in the 1200s? Add monsters and magic into the mix, and basicly any women that have any say in what goes on in the world are witches, sorcereses, and noblewomen. And female monsters of any kind. :) That's it, and you, Bioware, dare bash the realism? And there are at least a few notable females in this game. In fact, if you'd read the book, there is a whole semi-secret organization of female-only mages, that is pulling the strings and deciding the fate of almost all northern kingdoms (more or less successfully, but I don't know if they are involved heavily in this game's plot though) And Bioware is bashing a truthful depiction of that time's society? Have they ever read a history book? Let alone watch the history channel? Yeah Bioware, it was totally believable to have a female captain of the guard, that is so tolerant and cool. You think combat is weak Bioware? The environment uninspiring? How do you call your rehashing dungeons, and "we'll do it for you" combat in DA2 then? You should be ashamed of what type of product you pushed to the shelves and applaud a better job done by CDProjekt RED. The world of the witcher is one I can believe in. And that's the type of fantasy, or sci-fi I, and many people, enjoy the most. Go and make another Origins, instead of feeling **** because someone produced a better cRPG than you did. I can't even believe Bioware would be so anal, as to attack a fellow game developer for creating a superior game. Concentrate on creating something better than DA2 yourselves, instead of trying to backstab a better product to artificially stay on top of the genre, by attacking it on review sites. Instead, make more games like the Witcher 2, adult storyline, non-linearity, deep combat, great visuals and music, deep alchemy, and character development systems...People, do not be deceived. If you've ever enjoyed a cRPG and if you enjoy a true, gray and bittersweet world instead of a lazy turd, that just bears a respected developers seal (yes, I'm talking about DA2 and Bioware again), than buy this game. It's brilliant, simply brilliant. It has it's flaws, like the AI at times (not always mind you, and we'll see about the patches, because unlike many developers, CDProjekt RED is actually supporting their games long after launch with tweaks and patches, and release their games DRM free) The negatives however pale in comparison to the positives. This game is an absolute delight. Just not for anyone below 18 years old. It's doesn't cater to everyone, but it's still an amazing achievement. Buy it. Expand
  53. May 18, 2011
    Visually stunning game even on low settings. I have only played past the prologue but already i can see how much choices you have, and how they have a difinite impact on the game. A seemingly insignificant choice early creates a cut scene and an opportunity later - one that you wouldn't expect. You can miss entire areas and not really know - it pays to explore!

One of the first rpgs
    that i've really listened to all the conversations, made me laugh out loud. So far so good - high quality game. the combat is difficult, but satisfiying once you work out to use signs and potions effectively. With a bit of work you won't be touched in combat. Expand
  54. May 18, 2011
    Best RPG this year. Fantastic graphic with epic story. This game is enormous, campaing will last for 40 hours. It's so much better than dragon age 2. Hope it sell well cause i want see Witcher 3.
  55. May 19, 2011
    The Good:

The world is truly fascinating, the dialogues and the decisions you can make are very well implemented. The visuals, the music and the sounds give the game a really unique atmosphere, which is incomparable to any other games out there. Apparently, the story (along with the deep characters) is one of the strongest part of the game, it's quite interesting so far, something that
    makes me not to stop playing. And finally, the side quest are also varied. Most of them tell their own little stories, while others are the well-known monster killing ones. The inventory is definitely better than it was in the first game, it's more user friendly now. (e.g. easy to compare swords, armors [luckily, there are more of these objects now, btw]) The "Could-Be-Better":

I wouldn't say that the combat system is horrible, but it has its issues. It's more like an action game, but - fortunately - still tactical and often challenging (however, sometimes frustrating). The AI is rather stupid at times. The foes either stand idly in front of you waiting for smashing their heads off or simply forget you if you move away a bit. The controls are reasonable although blocking doesn't always want to work properly for some reason. Besides the combat system, there are several annoyances such as: - looting (can't pick up enemies' swords / unnecessary use of the medallion) - drinking during meditation only - no move while blocking - camera issues (difficult to loot / speak) - doors, climbing...(rather awkward and immature) - weak stealth elements - dice poker (I loved it in the first game so much, now I almost hate it. I think there were no need for throwing the dice manually. I barely like anything about it - physics, sounds, design of the board.)

Well, these were my thoughts of 'The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings'. The negative side may seem huge, but these cannot destroy the overall splendid game experience. Fret not, it's a game that should be an example for many other developers. And if the problems will be fixed in time, it can be an easy 10/10.

My opinion can change later, since I only played the Prologue and Act I. [Thank You if you read it through!]
  56. May 19, 2011
    I add this comment just to tell all those who complaints about the specs of the game that my two years old computer is totally able to run the game with ultra options. The only deactivated option is ubersampling, which is an option that requires a really high end cpu+gpu combination. In fact, this option can´t offer any differece on a mid-high pc, like mine (on graphics I mean, fps reduction is very noticeable). So, please stop crying about this. The game is almost perfect for me, the only issue for me is in the combat system, which is a bit unprecise I think, despite of that, great game. (Sorry about my english) Expand
  57. May 19, 2011
    so far it`s the best crpg game of this year. it`s looks gloriously, and have a great story to tell. But it`s not perfect, in my opinion the combat system is worse then in the first game. But the combat is not the most important think in the game, if you like a mass effect dialgos, then you love them in witcher 2 because they simply better, there`s no simply morality.
  58. May 19, 2011
    It's one of the best cRPGs i have ever played and a Game of the Year for sure (for now at least)! Beautiful graphics, great writing and gameplay. Simply a must play game!
  59. May 19, 2011
    Beautiful game. Gorgeous scenery, atmosphere and rich colours. Engrossing storyline with morally challenging decisions. Liking the combat (It did take a little while to get used to). Gritty fleshed out characters. Loving all the extras in the normal premium edition, bonus dvd, map, coin etc and looking forward to the free dlc. The Witcher 2 is definitely one of the best games I've played this year so far! Expand
  60. May 19, 2011
    As we see, polish artist and developers are able to create work of art which is dazzling and interesting even experienced players. There is so many freshness, deep plot and not easy fight mode. But I think that every player should try to read books of Andrew Sapkowski or at least play in first part of The Witcher (because of understanding of plot). Thanks CD PROJEKT RED for this game. Congratulations. Expand
  61. May 19, 2011
    For me this games deserve a 9,5, it is the best rpg i have played since i dont know KOTOR? or mby even baldurs gate II. The good : -deep mature storyline -the game dont mind punish you for your choices -great cutscene (especialy loved this comics like) -stuning graphics -almost no load time when you have fast enough pc (i love this one) -chalenging combat it is better than in lots of action game lol and it is chelanging on tactical field as well
    -great mature nad lively world (brothel on every corner;p, rasism etc) -humour (i would love if it was more)
    -every characters have own story and agendas, no black and white divide
    -variety of quests -epic battles
    -after ending you want more there are unfinished plots that you want discover by yourself but you must wait for third part jeez ;p

The bad
    -picking up loot
    -inventory menu not intuitive at the begining -short not "epic" ending but i saw only one from 16 endings ;p its probably hard to make 16 good endings
    -hmmmmmm map sometimes is weird in dungeon or in outskirts of vergen you can get lost even if you have quest icon
    -mutagens only because i found like 100 mutagens and can use like 5-6 i would be nice when you can attach mutagens to skill for 100% of bonus and consume for fixed % of bonus they can give. You will have to hunt for strong ones and the weak one you can still use
    -and very few small bugs not need to mention
    -main character could use some more of hissarcastic attitude in dialogues i really dont have nothing else;p

Probably i will play this game for many times because i like it so much.
  62. May 19, 2011
    Do not let the trolls fool you, TW2 is a great game, probably GOTY. Awesome graphics, if your PC can handle it, great story and fast paced combat that is actually difficult. So far the only thing I didn't like were the stealth sections, but that's only my opinion.
  63. May 19, 2011
    Probably one of the best RPGs we have ever seen.Great RPG elements (for example, I don't remember another recent great RPG where items had weight), meaningful choices and multiple paths, superb engine optimization, top graphics (even though is directx9 and that says something!), stunning soundtrack and very few bugs.
  64. May 19, 2011
    I play on low graphics. I'm below the minimum requirements for both processor and graphic card. Yet the game works, is fluid and beautiful. Engaging characters and story, well done prologue, varied and breathtaking environments. The environment themselves are not huge, but they usually are big and varied enough to enjoy some exploration. Gameplay wise, the combat is nervous and fast, but also highly tactical at higher difficulties. Takes a bit of time to get used to. Oh, and better read the f*ing manual during the installation. The tutorial is a bit lacking in that regard. It also got some "stealthy" phases. It's basic "don't get in line of sight", but it works, and it adds another flavor to the game. Bosses are inventive and difficult. No "pound-a-meatbag-o-tron" so far. Expand
  65. May 19, 2011
    This really blows Dragon Age 2 out of the water. Kudos to the Dev team. Free DLC! Amazing Graphics! Smooth (brand new) engine. Beware: The combat is a little hard, but when you get used to it, it's a blast. RPG of the year 2011!
  66. May 19, 2011
    Single greatest RPG I have played since the isometric days, every aspect of this game has depth and nothing feels tacked on. Put simply it raises the bar on what to expect from a AAA RPG, a masterpiece that will be a serious contender for GOTY in the same year that saw Portal 2, L.A. Noire and Elder Scrolls V and that says a lot! Pros:
    -Depth of story telling and character that we haven't
    seen since the isometric RPG days, Fallout 1 & 2 and the like. -Stunning graphics and voice acting.
    -Fluent and incredibly versatile combat, you can rely on traps and spells or swordsmanship or any combination in between. - No fluff quests, even the side quests have meaning and story. - Gritty, mature and well placed humor. Cons:
    Inventory management could use some revision, but it's a minor problem at most.
  67. May 19, 2011
    CD Projekt made a very good job, Witcher 2 is a fantastic game, definitely RPG of 2011, graphics is awesome - one of the best in RPGs I've ever seen, too bad some Bioware fanboys scoring zeros
  68. May 19, 2011
    This is the perfect sequel of the one best RPG game on 2007! If you are the Rpg lover game you don't forget this new story of Geralt of Rivia! The best character in the videogame industry!
  69. May 19, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is fantastic. Amazing graphics and music, fast paced and demanding gameplay, and story which is truly better than any other new RPG game including Mass Effect 2! The game has 16 endings, ton of moral choices which means there's a lot of replayability value in the game. Simply perfect. A 10 out of 10. Expand
  70. May 19, 2011
    A truly amazing, involving game, with great story and deep characters. This is also the most beautiful RPG of all time, as you can see from the screenshots or gameplays. I've already spent over 25hours in the game, and I'm more or less in the middle, which means it'll take 40-45hours for me to complete, which is fantastic. The game has 16 endings which is damn impressive. You can also import save games from Witcher 1, which influence your story with the choices you made in the first game. Great job CDP RED! Expand
  71. May 19, 2011
    Most people do not even tried playing as much as one hour, they probably faced the first fight scene and pressed alt+f4 and started saying "it's arcarde", "boring", "easy" or "sooo difficulty". Maybe most of the people that gives 0 here, not only are bioware fa...fanboys but are not used to see a PC Exclusive so damn good. The combat system can be as difficulty as hell sometimes, but that's what's make it worth playing, cause for the first time in a long time you need to actually think what you're gonna do and literally forces you to use everything you have just as traps, bombs, swords and signs in different ways and with different enemies and that's what makes this game so dynamical. But The Witcher 2 isn't just about the combat system, you might love the other features, you gotta love the history, the characters, the amazing sound and the most incredibly graphics I've ever seen in my life.

But in the end this game have flaws as any other game, you're going to see crashes, glitches, minor bugs, some in the IA or just something things not that well "finished" but everything or almost everything can be fix with patches within time. And those things can be stressfull at times, but they can't make this game look bad at all.

A game nowadays lives longer if you launch DLCs and people got so used to the way Bioware or Activision do things that they forget the amazing thing CDP Red is doing for us, giving DLCs free of a charge and keeping the game fresh from time to time and that's something people forgot a lot in reviews but are as important as graphics or gameplay.

I'm not giving 10 just because it's a "almost perfect" game, I'm giving it 10 cause CDP Red deserves it for been such a respectful company with us, gamers, and for showing bigger companys that games more complexes can sell, that we don't need games to be dumbed down and we don't want them.

Congrats CPD Red, you deserve it, truly.
  72. May 19, 2011
    The Witcher 2 is a game for which i was waiting almost since i launched The Witcher 1. In comparison with the first one there is HUGE difference in almost everything. I've never seen such wonderfull graphics running on older computers. As for the story i donlt want to write any spoiler, Only thing i am obligated to write is that depth of the story is unbeliveable. Every choice you make have consequenses. Whats funny there are no easy ones. Most of the moral choices are very hard to make, cause sometimes there is just no right way, you need to judge situation and choose less evil one, and that decision will affect the story line many many hours of playing later. There are often retrospections to remind us of our previous decisions and show us consequenses of them. Story line also changes if you travel with different companions, because with everyone of them happens something completly diffrent. For me its best RPG with amazing storyline, graphics and combat system. Expand
  73. May 19, 2011
    Great writing, fast yet complex/challenging combat, great graphics, good voice acting, amazing attention to detail.
    I usually love BioWare games, but DA2 is not even near Witcher 2. Everything is awesome here, music, cinematics, dialogs/story, graphics/environments/details, combat, characters.
  74. May 19, 2011
    I'm a huge fan of Dragon Age Origins, and felt VERY let down by Dragon Age 2. I honestly had to force myself to finish it. From that point on I had my hopes for a great RPG set on The Witcher 2. Now my opinion comes from having only played until near the end of Chapter 1, but the game is head and shoulders above Dragon Age 2 already. There are technical issues for sure, I've had to re-verify the game cache through steam 3 times already for a launcher bug. The combat controls feel a bit wonky. I adapted to the original witcher combat controls fairly fast, but am having a slightly harder time with TW2. However I still feel like I'm learning tricks on how to fight better and to keep from getting killed all the time on normal. I'm a major RPG story guy, so i'm sad to hear that the story wraps up so poorly and that will probably lower my opinion of the game once there, but even with that considered, THE WITCHER 2 BLOWS DRAGON AGE 2 OUT OF THE WATER in my opinion. Expand
  75. May 19, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Okay so take Dragon Age 2, then throw it out, burn it, and imagine from scratch a game that is not only good, but amazing, which is basically the complete polar opposite of Dragon Age 2. Then make that game real, and make it even BETTER, then lace it with gold and coat it in chocolate, and make it taste better than french vanilla ice cream with Reese's hard shell topping on it, but with like no calories and it actually makes you SLIMMER and gives you ABS. Now forget about all of that because no language has any words to describe how good The Witcher 2 is. To be fair and honest though, the game has a flaw. "Junk" type items can't be filtered out from the rest of your inventory and sold off easily Expand
  76. May 19, 2011
    This game is all about what I expected from today's role-playing game. I think it has everything you can expect from such a game, as a MATURE player. Without a doubt, The Witcher 2 will be one of the best games in 2011. Congratulations to the Poles, who once again created something so addictive.
  77. May 19, 2011
    Definitely GOTY so far. I had some issues getting it to run decently at first (I have an 8800GTX, Core 2 Quad 2.6, 4GB RAM, 3D Vision). All the settings on the newest beta drivers ran terribly until I uninstalled the 3D vision drivers. Then, I was able to run on High/Medium settings flawlessly. I really liked the previous Witcher game (even before the EE), so I had high hopes for this one. The combat came off as a little rough in the first 3 battles, but after that you learn what works and what doesn't. You have to roll a lot and play a bit of "cat and mouse" in order to single out enemies. The RPG aspects are second to none. TONS of character development, choice, and plot to keep you interested. Those who are complaining because you "can't make a character" are missing the point. Geralt is a potion swilling, sign waving Swordsman. It's part of the character. You're able to develop those traits as you see fit, but this isn't a Paladin or a Mage. He's who he is, and I actually liked developing HIM more so than the standard "silent protagonist" that most games include. Anyway, it's definitely worth the money, and with a little bit of forum research (before the upcoming patch) it will run fine, even on older rigs. Expand
  78. May 19, 2011
    Behold! Game of the year! Also this title has become the new stress-tester for fast gaming PC's. I love the details, textures, people in the Witchers world, and the story. No spoilers. You gotta love it!
  79. May 19, 2011
    This might well be among the best role playing games i have ever played. The Atmosphere is great, the characters are authentic and the storyline is, while not extremely original, interesting to follow. Spice that up with a few well thought side quests and you got yourself a great game.

There are, however, some problems. First of all, the game is going to come out for consoles too and
    therefore the whole interface has been developed for that. Its bulky and in some cases downright illogical (why is there no 'junk' filter in the inventory?! or a sell all 'junk' button?!). Then there are some action sequences we already know from console games (press the button shown on the screen or die).

Well. The fights are pretty hard and sometimes you will be confronted with enemies that are almost impossible to beat at that time. Which is ok - but can present a nasty surprise. While Witcher I allowed you to play almost with no potions at all, you will need all your skill with traps and pots and bombs to even make it out of the introduction...

So, all in all, a very good game... which i can recommend.
  80. May 19, 2011
    I can only say - wow... This game is the best game in this year. At now I am in end of act 1 and I am curious next storyline. I dont believed, so people can give this game 0. Ok - mayby 9,8,7 but not 0... I hope this is a begining of new era of rpg games. Mayby other studios (yes yes - its You BIOWARE) will do titles as good as The Witcher 2.
  81. May 19, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What is difference between "RPG" and RPG. If you want best description you must try Witcher 2 and "all" others game in this tape of game. For many people, not only me its definitly GAME OF THE YEAR 2011. Breathtaking graphic and music, great non-linear plot with many consequences about your choices. I fall in love in witcher 2. For me its BEST game EVER. I know that there are a few bugs etc, but its imposible to fix everyting in so huge game. Want more, want more Gearlt, Zoltan, Triss. If someone grading this game below 9, he or she is absurd and shouldn't use the computer. For all maniac RPG - its best choice in this year. If you still dont have the game, go fast to shop to get it! Expand
  82. May 19, 2011
    This game is freakin' masterpiece. Great combat, AWESOME storyline, amazing graphics and unforgettable soundtrack! DA2 shouldn't even stay on the same shelf!
  83. May 19, 2011
    I never wrote a review before, but this is very Special game to me. It one of this games that are gonna be in the top 5, iv been playing for 15 years. Im running the game on i7 core and 5990 gtx and im just going to run through the gd points.

The graphics, top quilty, lighting effects amazing, detail very gd, i would even say even better then crysis 2. Also the game world seems so alive
    with detail everythink is different and intresting, you just walk around thinking fking hell they have put so much effect into this game What I really like about this game its not ported down to play on crappy (can't swear)xbox 360 or playstation. Its runs on top settings around 60 -70 frams avarge. i think the journel setup is great, each quest is told like a story, great and uniquie, main quest is mark on map, side quest are not , pefect balance. im playing it on hard taking my time over it, thankyou devlopers for witcher 2!

p.s Pc gamer review, not gd, 89 % don't know what plant ther living on. lol "its was too easy when i play on easy and nomal settings", turn to hard maybe, noob lol
  84. May 19, 2011
    I've been waiting for this game for almost five years now. Aside from the botched Rise of the White Wolf console edition, the original Witcher game and two more editions there after changed the way I see and play role-playing games.

Fast forward to 2011 which is a great year for CDPR, The Witcher 2 has done the impossible. A stunning beautifully rendered game that's an achievement of its
    own. A game that genuinely captivates the imagination and sucks you in with its clever mature story telling.

Although it was a smooth launch, there are unavoidable software glitches that came with it like poor performance on high-end nvidia and ati cards, scores of quest bugs, and occasional crashes. CDPR assured the community that they are looking into these problems and would address them in the coming days or weeks. Don't let the light software problem prevent you from playing this magnificent game though.
  85. May 19, 2011
    This is simply one of the best RPGs I have ever played! I How some people can rate this game 0/10 is beyond me. They are either extremely immature or have some serious real-life problems. I felt the urge to register and give this game the maximum score just to counter this idiotic behaviour.
  86. May 19, 2011
    One of the best RPGs I have ever played. Yes you may need a higher end PC to run this game, but they did a fantastic job making this game look as good as it does using DX9. TW2 improves on almost every aspect of TW1. There are so many (different) choices to make through out the game that you can't help but want to playthrough it more than once. Kudos to CD Projekt Red for making us such a great game, I can only hope all their future titles have the the same time and care put into them as TW2 had. Expand
  87. May 20, 2011
    the best rbg in my life . all site give this game review less then 95 . there are wrong
  88. Jun 17, 2011
    This is one of the best games I've played this year. Excellent Graphics, Excellent Story, Excellent Gameplay, and plenty of things to do. Easily a contender for game of the year 2011. The hours fly by while playing this game.
  89. May 20, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm thinking that the Witcher 2 is one of the best rpg ever. This game have everythink what do you want in action-rpg game. Graphic is brilliant I never see better graphic in rpg game Expand
  90. May 20, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Witcher is best game i've ever played. I enjoyed 3years playing Oblivion, and then came Witcher1. I like Dragon age 1, but thing that BIOWARE did to DA2 is not to forgive. Only thing that is bad in W2 is ending.
    I recommend it to all !
  91. May 22, 2011
    Never seen such a story. Must - have, must - play. This is how you do it. Deep character system? Check Epic story? Check Engaging combat? Check No DRM? Check Same price across regions? Check Free DLC forever? Check CD Projekt is the anti-EA/Bioware. Game looks absolutely fantastic. Dialogue is immersive and well written. m_stannard is a gelatinous, buttperturbed jackass who is super mad DA2 sucked dick. Expand
  92. May 20, 2011
    This game is pretty much the definition, or at least the new definition, of epic storytelling in an RPG. The world that Andrzej Sapkowski created in his novels and is now brought to life in the Witcher games is a dirty, grimy, brutally honest and realistic, low fantasy realm. While elves, dwarves, and monsters, that are pure fiction, exist in this realm, the world feels like a real place that happened on Earth at some time and was ripped out of history. The place is full of intrigue, corruption, debauchery, and political strife. What's more your actions throughout the game, and the previous game, help shape the world and the people around you.

Technically The Witcher 2 is an absolutely stunning game created on a brand new engine made specifically for it. Provided you have a rig powerful enough to handle it, you will be treated to some of the most amazingly beautiful visuals, RPG or otherwise, any game has to offer. What's more the world is dynamic and actions you make have an impact on the world you see.

The voice acting in this game is much improved from the first Witcher game. The feeling of professional quality is felt throughout from the dialogue to the ambient sounds. It's obvious the creators of this masterpiece took painstaking care in creating every detail.

There are 4 difficulty levels you can play at; easy, normal, hard, and insane. The difficulty levels pretty much live up to their labels though you may want to relabel "Normal" as "Hard" and "Hard" as "Brutal". Personally it's a welcome challenge as being a veteran gamer I feel that many recent and fairly recent games are just way too easy. For those that don't want a challenging game and are in it for the story the "Easy" setting offers combat that is relatively simple. The disparity between "Easy" and "Normal" is quite huge and allows people not into combat but more into narrative to enjoy the game more as a book or visual novel.

In closing The Witcher 2 is an amazing achievement. A relatively small studio out of Poland has managed to achieve a masterpiece of gaming that puts the vast majority of AAA titles with much higher budgets to shame. This is a timeless piece of storytelling and adventuring that is sure to enthrall RPG fans for years to come. Even gamers not usually inclined to RPGs should check this game out as it's simply so good that it deserves to be played regardless of genre preferences. Not only one of the best RPGs ever made, this is one of the best games ever made, period.
  93. May 20, 2011
    This is the best RPG for last 10 years for me. I have never experienced so good written characters and quests. This game is not about graphic (though it's best looking RPG ever, really it is), it's about your choices and shaping the world and lives of others. For me it is not only the best game of the year, it's something more. This game has a soul.
  94. May 20, 2011
    Terrible and booring game.. i want my money back :( Optimize in this game is not good, typical port from console. Animations and controls is really bad.
  95. May 20, 2011
    This is the best game i've ever play.
    I think this is the best game in this decade. (no, sorry the witcher 2 will be better^^)
    The Witcher 2 has very good plot and combat system.
    I recommend that game for every player who like RPG games
  96. May 20, 2011
    I haven't played all the way through obviously, but so far everything is great. Graphics are amazing, combat is fun and challenging. Easily ten times better than either Dragon Age one ore Dragon Age two.
  97. May 20, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This definitely is Game of the Year 2011. The single best RPG I have played since Planescape: Torment. The characters are deep and complex, the storyline develops depending on your actions and choices. It takes what was good from every single RPG released in the last 15 years and makes it into something better. The graphics are simply the best ever seen in an RPG. Expand
  98. May 20, 2011
    Bad performance bad dialogues tried it for 5 minutes and uninstalled it.
    Had finished the first witcher which was just an okay game.To be honest i didnt expect to be thrilled or excited with this sequel..My curiosity ended I am only suprised to see many to like this game and same people mentioning DA2 as there is a competition or it matters..Maybe the soft porn in witcher series is exciting
  99. May 20, 2011
    un rpg a la vieja escuela q no defraudara a nadie asi no te guste el genero, serio candidato a juego del año el cual dudo q pueda ser superado por sus competidores en juegos de rol, creo que solo Dark Soul podra estar a la altura de este..
  100. May 20, 2011
    OK, maybe this is a little off topic. But why in hell didn't IGN and Gamespot review it the very first day it was released? Whilst lame but corporate-supported Dragon Age 2 gets a top-notch review the very first moment it hits shelves? Do you thin you damn idiots that this masterpiece of a game will get its sales hampered just because of your bribed asses? Not to mention the idiotic 1/10 user reviews...

Anyway - the game is the best thing that ever happened to us since Arcanum. Nuff said.
  101. May 18, 2011
    Wow. I actually said that out load when I started playing this game. I have the PC version and havnt yet tried the other console versions but I can easily say that the graphics are the best that I have ever seen. Blows Crysis, DAO(and 2) and even Metro 2033 out of the water. The "ubersample" settings are amazing and just make it even better, although be warned you need a bigtime rig. Aside from graphics the style of the game just drew me in. I was in that world, I was Geralt. I havnt beaten the game yet but the story is fantastic with some pretty amazing plot lines, characters and UNLIKE DA2 varied settings that make you believe. The interface was a bit clumsy at first but I have gotten used to it now and forging weapons, potions and adding upgrades seems easy now. This will win game of the year, unless the folks at Bethesda top it with Skyrim. Perhaps the people at EA(Bioware) can take a look at the Witcher 2 and understand how a gritty yet beautiful game is created. Collapse

1. Oct 21, 2011