8.5

1. May 17, 2011
    This game is great so far, only a few hours into the game so far and I can tell already that this may be my rpg of the year. Any way I wish we didn't have to worry about childish tactics by other rpg makers, ratting games down and advertising their own games on user review sites like this one.
  2. May 17, 2011
    Best RPG since Mass Effect 2 but graphically the best looking game I've ever seen really worth the money even tho TW2 only costs 23£!!! Epic deal get it !!!!
  3. May 17, 2011
    Created this account just to counter M_stanndard, a EA/Bioware employee. While I have only played the Witcher 2 for a couple of hours, I can already tell it is at least a 7 on 10 BARE MINIMUM. Therefore, I am giving it a 10, since mr Stanndard's 0 and my 10 will still only average to a 5, which is way lower than what the game deserve.
  4. May 17, 2011
    *No crappy DRM
    *Free DLCs
    *No "item" nonsense that comes with preorders and childish games played to get orders.
    *Actual content
    *Digital Collector's Edition for 45 U.S. dollars compared to other games that charge $60+

On top of all that this is a great game. I wouldn't call it GOTY yet because there are many great games coming out in 2011, but it should be up there in the running.
  5. May 17, 2011
    RPG of the year Bioware should take a long hard look at this game. This is a REAL rpg not a watered down action adventure with rpg "lite" features tacked on.
  6. May 17, 2011
    This was worth what felt like a very long wait. If the first game was the statement of intent, this is the full realisation of those aims. Everything that worked in the first game has been tuned up to a yet higher magnitude, everything that needed polish has been TLC'd to a shine and everything that detracted from the game has been thrown out and replaced with something that deserves toThis was worth what felt like a very long wait. If the first game was the statement of intent, this is the full realisation of those aims. Everything that worked in the first game has been tuned up to a yet higher magnitude, everything that needed polish has been TLC'd to a shine and everything that detracted from the game has been thrown out and replaced with something that deserves to stand alongside the other great achievements of the game.

The storyline carries on in true cinematic fashion, but not in a hand-holding MGS kind of way - no, from the offset you're playing your own Geralt and interacting with the world and characters in the way you see fit. The voice acting was inconsistent in the first game, never awful but rarely that good. In this game it's knitted together much more coherently which adds to the believability and aids in the storytelling and roleplaying. The combat in the first game was a case of a good idea that just didn't work quite as planned. The sequel sees the developer nail it and deliver a fighting system that represents the way the characters fight in the books and feels natural and fluid for the player. Hell, even the way the game updates and installs DLC (all of it is free, no DLC will cost you any money in this game) is user friendly and a pleasure to use.

I simply couldn't recommend this game more for a fan of RPGs, adventure or even just good stories told well.
  7. May 19, 2011
    Okay first off i love this game. It is fantastic in almost every level, despite i few problems under the hood (freezing and what not). That is not why i am posting though. This whole riot between DA and witcher fans needs to stop. Both are fantastic franchices. I would consider myself more of a witcher fan. Witcher fans: We owe a lot to Bioware, if it werent for them and there fantasticOkay first off i love this game. It is fantastic in almost every level, despite i few problems under the hood (freezing and what not). That is not why i am posting though. This whole riot between DA and witcher fans needs to stop. Both are fantastic franchices. I would consider myself more of a witcher fan. Witcher fans: We owe a lot to Bioware, if it werent for them and there fantastic Auora engine the witcher might not have even seen the light of day. And dragon age fans: Just face the facts and accept that Bioware did not follow up with the sequel all you hardcore fans deserved. I'm not trying to hate but it felt like they took out a lot of things that made the first one so great. So let's just end this. We are all gamers and need to stick together on stuff like this. How about we just love both franchices. Expand
  8. May 20, 2011
    I am very much a fan of the first Witcher, and I am glad to say the second game in the series is nothing short of astonishing in nearly every aspect. It's clear from the beginning that the developers took special care in analyzing the problems with the first game and made effort into either eliminating or reducing those problems. The story is very intricate and complex. There is a plethoraI am very much a fan of the first Witcher, and I am glad to say the second game in the series is nothing short of astonishing in nearly every aspect. It's clear from the beginning that the developers took special care in analyzing the problems with the first game and made effort into either eliminating or reducing those problems. The story is very intricate and complex. There is a plethora of pivotal choices that you must make in the game that feel very important and changes the direction of the game drastically, unlike other RPGs that provide black and white choices that ultimately means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Side stories tie in very well with the main plot, and give extra incentive to complete them as even they can change the outcome of some of the main quests by providing important information. One problem however is because the story is so complex it throws a lot of characters and major players at you very quickly, making it hard at times to keep everything together and trying to make sense of what's going on as you unravel several mysteries at once. But it also provides replay value most other single player games simply can't match. The graphics engine can bring even some of the best PCs to their knees. Even if you have to put it on the lowest settings, thanks to the beautiful art style it's hardly a problem. While a lot of modern games being released have simple color schemes and bland, dead environments, this is not so in The Witcher 2. The game is rich with colors, foliage is in abundance, environments are busy and aren't repeated to the point you want to gouge your eyes out, NPCs are going about their daily lives, and with weather patters and full day/night cycles the world feels alive and approaches Crysis level beauty. One of the biggest problems I think the game suffers from when it comes to graphics is even if you have a pretty medium level PC even on the lowest settings it can get a little bogged down. Maybe the engine could be optimized a little better, but this is a minor complaint as, again, even on lowest settings the world is beautiful.

The soundtrack is amazing. Music is always appropriate for the situation and area where it plays, complimenting the gorgeous environments well. There's really nothing wrong at all with the soundtrack; everything is great.

Character customization is off the chart. I finished the game at about level 35 and I had barely touched most of the talent points available. There are a lot of combinations that can be done for specific play styles without compromising your character to the point you have trouble with fights. However, starting out you won't necessarily know this, so it can be a little intimidating because of the shear amount you can pick from, worrying you could be picking the "wrong" one or mutegen which could harm you down the road. The combat is significantly improved from the first game. It takes on an Arkham Asylum style combat system and it works great. Fighting multiple opponents can be quite challenging though until you get a few specific talents to help you with that, and even then tougher opponents make it difficult. Enemy variation is above average, with a lot of them requiring vastly different tactics to take down than others. Effective use of traps is required for some fights even on normal difficulty. Some of the mini bosses/main bosses suffer from being either extremely difficult bordering on impossible (or maybe I just sucked at that point) to nearly trivial (or I was just particularly effective at that point). Either way, boss difficulty can vary greatly. Also, the game doesn't do much hand holding, so some of those boss fights require a lot of trial and error to figure out what you need to do to finish the fight.

I've heard easy is too easy and normal is too hard. I haven't tried easy, but I found normal to be just challenging enough for my taste. Next play through I'm going to go for hard mode and I'm expecting it to be very, very challenging. I'll probably never try insane mode just because I know I'd die at some very stupid point long into the game and it wouldn't do anything but irritate me. Anyway, there are difficulty settings for everyone, so find what works for you and enjoy.

One last note. Installation was the most PAINFUL EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER GONE THROUGH IN MY GAMING CAREER. CRC error on my gaming PC. Tried copying disc 1 on 2 other computers and used an external DVD drive and they all had the same problem. Finally borrowed my friends laptop and it was able to read the disk. There's no excuse for the disc being unreadable by 4 out of 5 drives!!! Only reason I got it on a DVD and not digital download was because I wanted the CE version and all the swag, but this has taught me to never, ever buy a PC game that isn't digital download ever again, no matter what.
  9. May 17, 2011
    Love this game. Much better than the first on so many level. Mr Stannard, say hello to your Bioware co-workers for me, next time spend more time making a good game and less time trying to bash the competition. No game is worth 0/10, not even shovelware. Like DA2.
  10. May 22, 2011
    Immersion, quality writing, mature choices that DO matter and the very best graphics seen on any video game to date. I could go on but I don't really think there's any need for me to. If you feel for quality RPG's even in the slightest, you will get this and spend a million happy hours lost in Temeria.
  11. Jul 14, 2012
    As good as RPG games get PERIOD. Anyone who says otherwise either has a sub-par rig or is a severely butt-hurt Biodrone.

Also, it actually pushes tech. REAL gamers who invest in their hobby can look to TW2 to fully utilize their superior hardware.
  12. May 27, 2011
    If you're willing to invest in a game, if you are willing to get sucked in and truly engage with an RPG, this is the game for you. People who have scored this game low, either critics or users, have as main negative points:
    -bugs (very few that are now fixed with the patch)
    -bugs (very few that are now fixed with the patch)
    -difficulty in battles (that's one of the games biggest strengths for people who want a challenging strategic battle instead of a button-mash)
    -Bad UI (I'll give them a little point there - it's not bad, but could be better)

So please ignore them, and support a game developer that is truly passionate about creating quality games.
  13. May 24, 2011
    Oh boy...Console fanboys have come out in droves to champion their flagship RPG. It's just a shame it's as good as they want you to believe. Just head over to the official forums and read the praise. It's astounding a game hyped this much could ship in such terrific shape. Pretty good when developers start talking patches the day the game ships. Technicals issues are minimal, this gameOh boy...Console fanboys have come out in droves to champion their flagship RPG. It's just a shame it's as good as they want you to believe. Just head over to the official forums and read the praise. It's astounding a game hyped this much could ship in such terrific shape. Pretty good when developers start talking patches the day the game ships. Technicals issues are minimal, this game beyond belief. The UI is Cumbersome. The combat feels more like brutally . It's a game the developers must have felt the need to make it PC like and in doing so they made it superior to consoles. It also mature for all the right reasons. If you want a great example of maturity look no further than The Witcher 2. I really like The Witcher 2...I really did.. Its clear the developers put in a ton of work creating this game. It is ashamed the the game is currently the number one download on just about every torrent website. The developers know consoles fanboys are ingrates with no life, no job, and no romance(NERD), consoles. Then they can actually generate some revenue seeing as how consoles fanboys merely ask thier mommy for everything :) Expand
  14. May 17, 2011
    ok first what i have to say- DO NOT read M_Stannard's review. and others negative reviews. they are bioware workers. they scared, because the Witcher 2 have very good reviews. and what about Dragon Age 2? well... you see.
    ok now about The Witcher 2- The best sequel ever. I'm mad fan of The Witcher (in original- The Witcher is fantasy book. and game is based on that story) I can feel this wonderful climate... this wonderful music. this wonderful storyline. I can't stop play it! The most non-linear game.
  15. May 17, 2011
    best rpg of the year by far....bioware, learn from this...witcher 2 is amazing gin every single way. Yes, the ending may not be as good, and combat may not be the best, but in terms of story line, choices and gameplay, bioware doesnt hold a candle to cd project! all the way with the witcher 2~!!
  16. May 26, 2011
    Average at best - has some significant issues, mainly combat is terrible as the fights itself are too hack&slashy. Also lack of any open world disqualifies this game as an rpg. It is an action game with light rpg-like topping on it. Something like Assassin Creed. Story is good, I liked scripting and graphic, but the combat and poor inventory management spoiled a lot of fun for me. This isAverage at best - has some significant issues, mainly combat is terrible as the fights itself are too hack&slashy. Also lack of any open world disqualifies this game as an rpg. It is an action game with light rpg-like topping on it. Something like Assassin Creed. Story is good, I liked scripting and graphic, but the combat and poor inventory management spoiled a lot of fun for me. This is the same thing that Bioware tried to pull off with DA II, just better executed, but it is still light years away from great classics like Baldur Gates/Wizardy/Might and Magic/Elder Scroll series Expand
  17. Dec 31, 2011
    The Witcher 2 has some key design failures. The inventory system is as bad as Oblivion. the fighting style is still limited to a steel sword(or whatever else) and a silver sword, and the game plays more like a hack & slash type combat plus rolling around .I do like they add traps and throwing-weapons, which will make the game significant easier when facing large crowd of monsters orThe Witcher 2 has some key design failures. The inventory system is as bad as Oblivion. the fighting style is still limited to a steel sword(or whatever else) and a silver sword, and the game plays more like a hack & slash type combat plus rolling around .I do like they add traps and throwing-weapons, which will make the game significant easier when facing large crowd of monsters or long-range enemies, but I think they should bring group sword style back or add more fight styles, because for a RPG combat, you should provide the gamer as many different approaches as possible, not limiting the combat styles. some of stupid boss fights QTEs makes the game's combat even frustrating. The witcher 2's narrative resembles most good RPGs but not very innovate, at beginning it utilize a frame narrative similar to Alpha protocol to help you to get into the story. the dialogs and interactive scenes are also presented in a similar way like mass effect, they also add some time based dialog choices, but those are nothing new. On the good side though, this game has a very strong story line with significant branching. you can expect to face a couple of hard decisions. Since I do not really have a high-end graphic card, so can not experience the extraordinary graphics of the witcher 2. I am running the game on 8800GTX , the game still looks fine on low-setting. I had about 30 frame rate, but saying this game has been perfectly crafted is overrated. you will experience a lot of lag for loading when you are running around, and the game does freeze or suddenly shut down at times. Expand
  18. May 25, 2011
    It seems I'm in a minority. But the lack of gameplay depth in this is so sad.
    Game plays fine, graphics are great, but it's not in any way an RPG, it's an action adventure.
    Fine I suppose, lovely I suppose for some. But with Bioware and Bethesda taking all the customization and tactical cobat elements out of their games, it seems this frnachise is going the same way. Luckily, if RPG's are
    It seems I'm in a minority. But the lack of gameplay depth in this is so sad.
    Luckily, if RPG's are what you are after there are some EXCELLENT indie ones that are as good as Baldur's gate or the original Witcher. It seems the gameplay masses just want arcade style kiddie games. Fair enough, I'll move on to indie developers and let these games gradually melt down till they are as about as involving as pong.
  19. Jul 28, 2011
    This game features the most spectacular graphics, but the most random, counter-intuitive and meaningless gameplay I ever encountered. Let's put things in categories:
    1. Gerald attach strategy. Sometimes, when fighting 3 opponents at once, gameplay stops and Gerald performs a super-duper move which kill all of them at once. If I load the same save and do the same actions, no super moves will happen and I likely will be killed.
    2. Monster strategy. When fighting endera queens, the queen may use 20 times some simple attacks which Gerald can bloc, and once - another attack with exactly the same animation which blows through block and kills Gerald instantly. I tried the fight around 20 times and failed to figure out how to distinguish of prevent shield-breaking attack.
    3. Random quest givers. You may walk around the whole city and most NPC's won't have anything new to say to you. Instead, while wandering through the forest, an absolutely unexpected NPC will pop up and give you a quest. In most RPG's I expect to approach NPC's myself in most of the time in order to receive quests.
    4. Random quest order. Even if I received quests to fight two different kind of monsters, I have no clue where I should find them. I have no way to plan the order how to complete the quests. The solution is to simply walk the whole forest and to kill any monster you encounter.

And don't let me start about the menu.
  20. May 18, 2011
    the world is visually pleasing: i'd give it a 10/10
    character animation is well done: 8/10
    tech stability: 7/10 - why: over all, things have been ok. there are a couple places where the game has just hung during cut scenes. the story is compelling and engaging: 8/10 the npcs seem quite believable: 8/10 player interface: 3/10 - why: it's unwieldy. you cannot set keyboard controls
    the world is visually pleasing: i'd give it a 10/10
    character animation is well done: 8/10
    tech stability: 7/10
    the story is compelling and engaging: 8/10
    the npcs seem quite believable: 8/10
    player interface: 3/10
    - why: it's unwieldy. you cannot set keyboard controls from within the game. many keys cannot be bound at all (e.g. arrow keys, +, -, and NO KEYPAD keys at all, etc.). i'm sorry but that's basic UI design failure on a level that truly undermines the thoughtfulness and attention to detail present elsewhere in the game. cut scenes can't be skipped, so if you die during a mission, you have to relive them... over and over.
    combat system: 7/10
    - why: it feels clunky and lacks intuitive flow, though it gets cudos for being fast paced and bloody.
    controls: 3/10
    - why: in short, it's clumsy. turning, climbing, interacting with the world... it all feels inconsistent and plays unlike anything i've experienced before. granted, historically i've been a pretty big game snob and generally only play titles that win tons of awards, but i thought with all the buzz around this game the risk of disappointment was minimal. i feel like i should be using a console control, not a keyboard. and no, i'm not bashing consoles so let's not start that. but when it comes to precision, you just can't beat a mouse and keyboard -- assuming the game was properly made. supposedly the open game world allows you to do all sorts of different things, like climb structures and whatnot. and you can, as long as devs made that object "climbable". which is the problem: there's little consistency and no way to know if you can interact with an object unless you stand in a pretty specific spot. so even if you walk past something that you could climb, unless you're standing on a just the right set of pixels, you won't know it. there's no glow, no altered shading... nothing. just a little icon that may or may not appear if you stand in exactly the right spot. it's like the devs created a beautiful game with a great story but had absolutely no concern for playability. overall playability: 6/10
    - why: it doesn't matter how good the story and graphics are, if the gameplay is too frustrating the player's experience will be diminished. for this reason i rate the game at a 6/10. which is typically below the threshold of what i am willing to buy and play. and i'm just not having that much fun with this game. at least, not yet. i will keep playing a few more days. if my opinion changes, i will update my review. but for right now, i wish i'd spent my $45 on something else.
  21. May 19, 2011
    I'm basing this review on the back of around 6 hours of play. I have an above average PC with a 5770 ATI card which is no slouch and should be able to play most recent releases with a good framerate so long as I don't expect to have full on graphic settings. However, even with everything set to their lowest settings and almost every nicety disabled, I can barely get a steady framerateI'm basing this review on the back of around 6 hours of play. I have an above average PC with a 5770 ATI card which is no slouch and should be able to play most recent releases with a good framerate so long as I don't expect to have full on graphic settings. However, even with everything set to their lowest settings and almost every nicety disabled, I can barely get a steady framerate above 30.....I'm not alone and plenty of ATI and some Nvidia users are experiencing the same...So, that is an initial disappointment, on to the game itself.....The first Witcher (enhanced version) was a great game, very much open world and you could explore a lot whilst working on the quests....W2 claims to offer the same but doesn't deliver as almost everything is linear, with the sidequests tagged on which themselves don't allow you to go exploring.....In fact, the only real exploring you can do is within the towns and villages you visit during your way to main objectives.....The loot drops are extremely clumsy to pick up and you find yourself running back and forth and constantly trying to get the camera into a position so that you can highlight the drops and pick them up.....The inventory screen is a nightmare to work and even with the physical premium edition I have with it's manual and game guide won't help you figure out how to properly control the game screens.....As for combat, this is a bit of a step backwards from the first game with no real combo's to talk of, just normal hit and hard hit with a kind of "special move" kill should you manage to stun an opponent to make it trigger......There are certain events like barfights and some interactive cutscenes that involve you needing to press a series of keys or buttons (for controllers) which threw me back to the days of good old Shenmue, but even these are lacklustre in design, and are far too easy to beat on the normal difficulty setting. The only pleasure in combat is that the difficulty is really quite tough and some fights will require you to redo them a couple of times, which is almost unheard of in most of todays easy-mode RPGs......In summary, for me there are too many cutscenes, too much talking and not enough action. Maybe a few patches down the line Witcher 2 can achieve a standard which the developers reached with the re-worked first edition. But it sure needs new GFX card drivers and/or work to optimize it for gamers who have components up to a couple of years old. The game looks ok, but it's still using DX9, and in today's age, it really shouldn't be difficult to get a good framrate (I consider 60fps a benchmark) for people like myself with a 3.0ghz Quad core CPU, 4gb RAM, 64bit W7 and a 5770ATI card. ----- Needs Work - - 6/10, would give 8/10 if it ran nicely. Expand
  22. May 22, 2011
    The Witcher 2's world is interesting. Yet as it is playing this game is a chore. Technical issues kill the immersion while an awkward UI make the most mundane things painful. You may grind through it for the story's sake. But this won't be pleasant.

The story's guiding word is 'disillusionment'. The Witcher 2's world is a hard, complicated place to live in. Death is commonplace, little exists in the way of values and survival is key. Few people want to do good, and even when they do seldom are there clear cut alternatives. There are meaningful choices to be made, with interesting (if grim) consequences. But the game makes enjoying the story very, very hard.

The interface is awkward. Picking objects up or speaking to characters forces you to painstakingly position your character, point at things with a sluggish cursor. This is how you'll spend 90% of the time in the game. Think "washing the dishes" level of fun.

Combat has potential, totally squandered. The system is both action oriented and tactical. Hard. But the character is stiff and awkward. You press a button and find yourself checking whether it's actually executed (I'm pressing the parry button but is this the parry stance or not?), or press one to be completely surprised by the result (accidental target switch, jumping into the middle of a group of enemies... or no action at all). You constantly die due to some random action you didn't want. Seldom do you actually make a mistake in any other sense. Makes you feel clumsy and irritated.

The game's performance is uneven, and generally bad. Lowering the settings to a level where 90% of the game gets you 30 fps won't prevent random stuttering. This kills all immersion, especially since this often happens during cutscenes.

All this makes The Witcher 2 a hard game to enjoy. I feel as if it was a prototype of something really nice. If you're the person who loves a new gadget and doesn't care that it doesn't work half the time, and is a pain to use anyhow - go ahead.
  23. May 18, 2011
    This game is presents itself with some really difficult approaches for the gamer. But as there seems an overwhelming positive feedback from the gamerbase it seems it's console style gameplay und depth is the new standard to RPGs. One can not really describe this game anymore as a real RPG like in the old ways. There are comparisons to Baldur's Gate out there, but unlike this game BG hadThis game is presents itself with some really difficult approaches for the gamer. But as there seems an overwhelming positive feedback from the gamerbase it seems it's console style gameplay und depth is the new standard to RPGs. One can not really describe this game anymore as a real RPG like in the old ways. There are comparisons to Baldur's Gate out there, but unlike this game BG had character customization. If you don't like the silver haired, cat eyed witcher antihero then you can not change that in any way. The customization of his "class" is also not that wide. Some "spells" (runes) and combat moves to put your points into, that's it. No cleric, no rogue.
    The animations, as some reviews pointed out, are for once beautifully animated but absolutely unrealistic and awkward designed. Geralt must be hulk to swing and turn with his sword like this. This does not fit with the "adult", "grim" and "realistic" approach to fantasy the game otherwise tries to deliver.
    The game itself is not that much linear but you do not get much freedom too. The areas are very tiny and there is no open world, almost no ground to explore. But why would you go out and explore if you can not customize your character in any way either?
    The graphics on the other hand are really, really beautiful, but only to those who could a high end machine. On low details you are bound to graphics like 2005 and you still get fps issues here and there. Feels like a really sloppy programmed engine.
    The combat gameplay feels like some bad console hack and slay. You got issues with targetting, blocking and overall movement. As you can see the dumbed down menues everywhere it's obvious this title was made for use on consoles too. While I do not think RPGs can deliver aciton, like the Elder Scrolls series for example, this really is not it. Repetetive button mashing fights are not what makes RPGs shine. At least the combat feels more refined than in Witcher 1.
    The story is at best predictable and at worst just plain boring and uninvolving. But it may only be, that you can not really follow the emotions because Geralt is really a stranger and you do not really like him at any times. The adult scenes can not make up for this as it is always this silver haired guy who you are watching at. Really dissappointing.
    I can not give this game more points and even if you like Geralt and simplistic gameplay, between the sloppy engine and flat story no 10 points rating here is justified.
  24. May 20, 2011
    Bad performance bad dialogues tried it for 5 minutes and uninstalled it.
    Had finished the first witcher which was just an okay game.To be honest i didnt expect to be thrilled or excited with this sequel..My curiosity ended I am only suprised to see many to like this game and same people mentioning DA2 as there is a competition or it matters..Maybe the soft porn in witcher series is exciting
  25. Jun 6, 2011
    I would give it a 9.5 if it were possible, but it's not worth a 9. Witcher 2 is an amazing rpg, though it does have minor flaws that disrupt the almost-seamless world and character animation. Graphics are out of this world--hot! PC game companies sharing the industry with console better beware, Witcher 2 is PC-made first (though will be on console later), and it is striking. TheI would give it a 9.5 if it were possible, but it's not worth a 9. Witcher 2 is an amazing rpg, though it does have minor flaws that disrupt the almost-seamless world and character animation. Graphics are out of this world--hot! PC game companies sharing the industry with console better beware, Witcher 2 is PC-made first (though will be on console later), and it is striking. The atmosphere of the world is as addicting as Metro 2033, questing is fun, and the story is exciting. Definitely try this game! Expand
  26. Sep 25, 2011
    Great story, graphics, and game play, but not as memorable as the first one. The cut scenes were nicely done to build the story but the npc character's relationships with Geralt and their personalities never really developed, and were often ambiguous. Thus, i rarely cared too much about them when i went in hoping for more adventure with my good friends. The fighting is fun but lessGreat story, graphics, and game play, but not as memorable as the first one. The cut scenes were nicely done to build the story but the npc character's relationships with Geralt and their personalities never really developed, and were often ambiguous. Thus, i rarely cared too much about them when i went in hoping for more adventure with my good friends. The fighting is fun but less visceral and immersive than The Witcher 1. Expand
  27. Oct 3, 2011
    Excellent game that upgrades almost every aspect of the original game. A very good story that has a mature feel to it and is believable. Pretty much all the quests feel relevant, very few "kill x amount of something"-quests. Graphics and soundtrack is top of the line. Combat is good and varied, you can do combat in many different ways depending on what you like. There are a few things toExcellent game that upgrades almost every aspect of the original game. A very good story that has a mature feel to it and is believable. Pretty much all the quests feel relevant, very few "kill x amount of something"-quests. Graphics and soundtrack is top of the line. Combat is good and varied, you can do combat in many different ways depending on what you like. There are a few things to complain about in this game and one might be how the potion system works. You really should be able to drink a potion without having to go into meditation. That would make drinking potions more useful and it would keep the pace in the game.
    Another small complaint is that I would have liked to have direct access to all the different information windows in the game from within an already open window. Like in the original game there was a round menu in the upper right corner of the screen where you can easily switch between for example the character window and the quests window.

Overall an excellent game that should not be missed, especially if you can appreciate a good story.
    Definitely one of the best games of 2011.
  28. Oct 25, 2011
    This game has a lot going for it, the characters are deep and the story is very good. My only complain about this game is the inventory system that can be pretty annoying at times.. But don't let that discourage you from getting a really good game and on of the best RPG's that has come out this year
  29. Oct 15, 2011
    I played the first Witcher for a bit. Liked it, but it didn't have enough to see me through to the end. For me though, Witcher 2 is a different thing. The story and the world is so complete, it is like playing an adventure game, but instead of solving puzzles to get to the next chapter you need to go through some challenging real time combat.

The hero is not a one dimensional RPG hero. It

The hero is not a one dimensional RPG hero. It becomes apparent that the Witcher is a part of the human comedy. Waking up on the river bank after a night drinking with the soldiers, you have been stripped of your possessions and you cant remember anything. You have to pay a visit to the madam at the brothel to find out what you were trying to do with her whores. As you are walking out you hear "Punch his lights out!" from the fistfight in the corner of the inn. As you climb the stairs, someone is vomiting into a tub. One of the professional reviewers mentioned it is a game best played slowly. It is indeed, I savored every moment.
  30. Aug 23, 2011
    Awesome game. I thing it is the best games in this year, story in the game is great, npc and characters also, you should play this games. CDP RED make good sequel TW1.
  31. Oct 12, 2011
    This was an unbelievably sweet game from start to sequel point! I'm one too wait patiantly for good expansion's to arrive! But with downloading the 2.0 patch after already completing; I think now I'm going to do some personal Investigating....
  32. Aug 24, 2011
    One of the best RPG of all time. Definitely the best looking RPG so far and you can bet that graphics are not the main pinnacle of this game. Replayability, atmosphere, character developement, dialogues and storyline are just top class.
  33. Aug 25, 2011
    Honestly one of the best RPGs i've played in the past 10 years!!! absolutely phenomenal story, pacing, characters, and the graphics are out of this world without hogging your system! i'm playing it with the latest patch (1.35) and haven't encountered any bugs so its solid.:) The first game i actually regret buying on sale cause its worth every penny @ full price! A work of artHonestly one of the best RPGs i've played in the past 10 years!!! absolutely phenomenal story, pacing, characters, and the graphics are out of this world without hogging your system! i'm playing it with the latest patch (1.35) and haven't encountered any bugs so its solid.:) The first game i actually regret buying on sale cause its worth every penny @ full price! A work of art definitely. Fromt he beginning its a AAA experience. I'm almost near the end and man its epic! Excellent job to the developers!!! Expand
  34. Aug 27, 2011
    Game of the Year! The Witcher 2 has fantastic graphics; gripping characters and true replay value. I cannot measure the amount of satisfaction I've been given by CD Projekt. I hope they continue in the same vain and expand this fantastic World they have created in the much anticipated next expansion/game they release. There are minor issues that have most be resolved by the subsequentialGame of the Year! The Witcher 2 has fantastic graphics; gripping characters and true replay value. I cannot measure the amount of satisfaction I've been given by CD Projekt. I hope they continue in the same vain and expand this fantastic World they have created in the much anticipated next expansion/game they release. There are minor issues that have most be resolved by the subsequential patches provided by CD Projekt. The MAIN problem with the Witcher 2 is that it ends... and I hope this is addressed very soon! I strongly recommend this game to anyone out there ready to immerse themselves into a game and find the challenges posed in Assassin of Kings as rewarding as I've found them. Currently I'm on my 3rd play through of this game. Expand
  35. Oct 16, 2011
    No game is flawless. But longtime PC gamers know that some games capture your heart and embed themselves in your memory forever. This is one of those games. A giant wall-of-text post would do no service (seriously Metacritic, you can't implement paragraph breaks ?). Suffice to say that if you want to experience a sophisticated, complex, beautifully realized world with fantastic sideNo game is flawless. But longtime PC gamers know that some games capture your heart and embed themselves in your memory forever. This is one of those games. A giant wall-of-text post would do no service (seriously Metacritic, you can't implement paragraph breaks ?). Suffice to say that if you want to experience a sophisticated, complex, beautifully realized world with fantastic side stories, voice acting, companions, and intrigue (with heavy allegory on the pitfalls of racism and nationalism), you simply cannot do better than to buy this game. As an additional treat, if you happen to have 3D Vision and a rig to power the Ubersampling option (GTX 580 SLI), then you will be blown away by the visual experience. Since the texture quality, detail, and animation is so fantastic, seeing folks go about their business in the world in 3D lends the game an unbelievably natural look. The downsides are that the game does end just when disparate story elements are finally brought into focus (though even this is marvelously handled) and that it's hard to keep track of all the political players without referring to spoiler-heavy Wiki info. But that cannot even begin to mar the wonderful experience. Expand
  36. Aug 29, 2011
    This is an extremely nice game. If you are into a good story and want to think a little bit and enjoy good graphics, this is a game for you. You can see that the guys from Poland still remember what an enjoyable and challenging game should look like.
  37. Aug 31, 2011
    An absolutely fantastic action/rpg. For fans of Bioware games who miss the RPG elements that were stripped away in Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age 2. The game has a literary feel because it is based on a book and its characters are absorbing. The graphics are gorgeous and the sound effects perfect. I recommend playing The Witcher first so you are caught up on characters and can see howAn absolutely fantastic action/rpg. For fans of Bioware games who miss the RPG elements that were stripped away in Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age 2. The game has a literary feel because it is based on a book and its characters are absorbing. The graphics are gorgeous and the sound effects perfect. I recommend playing The Witcher first so you are caught up on characters and can see how flawlessly CDProjekt took what made the 1st game great and made it even better. Expand
  38. Oct 4, 2011
    A great RPG game that is worth your money. The story is great, it looks amazing and it runs very smooth without any technical issues thanks to the never-ending support from CD Projekt RED.
  39. Oct 14, 2011
    This game has my vote for GoTY (pending Skyrim doesn't steal it).

This game has my vote for GoTY (pending Skyrim doesn't steal it).

I played through the campaign twice through and had a very different experience on the second. The themes are adult, the game doesn't hold your hand and tell you where to go, choices are important and combat is intuitive - the games just plays how you want to play it. This is the perfect game for the intelligent gamer.I felt like I was creating my very own experience and it was marvelous.
  40. Oct 16, 2011
    The Wticher 2 is simply one of the best rpgs in recent history. You owe it to yourself to at least try this game! Being an independent studio (for the most part) really shows in this day and age of gaming. CD Projekt RED have separated themselves from the (albeit generally slow) pack of RPG developers, creating something heavily story driven, complimented by arguably one of the bestThe Wticher 2 is simply one of the best rpgs in recent history. You owe it to yourself to at least try this game! Being an independent studio (for the most part) really shows in this day and age of gaming. CD Projekt RED have separated themselves from the (albeit generally slow) pack of RPG developers, creating something heavily story driven, complimented by arguably one of the best fully real time battle system in an RPG, whilst still retaining all of those good ol' rpg elements of quests, crafting, etc... Oh yea, and the graphics aren't half bad either. Expand
  41. Nov 14, 2011
    This game is closes it gets to prefect score I would ever give!!!! Absolutely stunning graphics, adrenalin rushing fights. Everything in this game is just wonderful. After you finish this game I promise you will want to play again! Games like this make me a proud gamer! Story is deep and good as before! Sound is top notch. Oh did I said it's sexy, funny and bloody? Oh yeah! Now go! You gotThis game is closes it gets to prefect score I would ever give!!!! Absolutely stunning graphics, adrenalin rushing fights. Everything in this game is just wonderful. After you finish this game I promise you will want to play again! Games like this make me a proud gamer! Story is deep and good as before! Sound is top notch. Oh did I said it's sexy, funny and bloody? Oh yeah! Now go! You got to have this game! Expand
  42. Nov 14, 2011
    a compeling story with much action and beauty. Graphics are breathtaking and the gameplay the same. amazing fight scenes and fluid controls. With a new arena mode and constant free DLC's what more can you ask for?
  43. Nov 14, 2011
    In my opinion, Witcher 2 is maybe not one of the very best, but for sure one of the best RPGs released in 2011. Great graphics and fantastic story make me proud to be Polish during playing this game ;). After few patches optimalization is great, there are less bugs than in any other role-playing game I've ever played. What's more, CDP added free DLCs them, so all people, not only these,In my opinion, Witcher 2 is maybe not one of the very best, but for sure one of the best RPGs released in 2011. Great graphics and fantastic story make me proud to be Polish during playing this game ;). After few patches optimalization is great, there are less bugs than in any other role-playing game I've ever played. What's more, CDP added free DLCs them, so all people, not only these, who bought the premium edition, can enjoy full potential of the game. My grade for Assassin's of Kings is 9, because for me, it has less 'slavic climate', than the first Witcher. Expand
  44. Nov 15, 2011
    It was a really good game. But after patch it is perfect. New mode arena is great and it cause that you cannot stop playing it. Story is excellent, there is a lot of fight, everything is well balanced and there is no time for boredom.
  45. Nov 16, 2011
    A simply stunning RPG, the story is brilliant with multiple paths to choose from that have a large effect on the storyline. Voice acting is superb, the characters are very well designed, they have a very realistic feel about their personalities. The graphics are fantastic when turned up to high, the world looks incredible. Great combat system, great level of difficulty. There is around 40A simply stunning RPG, the story is brilliant with multiple paths to choose from that have a large effect on the storyline. Voice acting is superb, the characters are very well designed, they have a very realistic feel about their personalities. The graphics are fantastic when turned up to high, the world looks incredible. Great combat system, great level of difficulty. There is around 40 hours of gameplay here to be had on one playthrough, but if you enjoy it as much as i did you will want to play through for the other storylines. Expand
  46. Nov 17, 2011
    This is the game of 2011, and one of the best games ever, only TW1 comes close to this miracle. This game has no flaws, I played it 8 times, and I'm itching for more.
  47. Nov 22, 2011
    O melhor jogo de 2011! Sem dúvida nenhuma uma obra prima, realmente é uma obra de arte, jogabilidade extraordinária, história profunda, gráficos estonteantes, som magnífico e ainda por cima, divertido!!!
  48. Dec 24, 2011
    The best rpg ever made. This game is at least on par with (if not better than) Baldur's Gate2.
    Rather than "dark" it's mature. The plot is thick with twits and turns and choices and characters who act like real people would, rather than the cartoon black and white personalities of most RPG characters.

Give it a try, definitely deserves your money.
  49. Jan 2, 2012
    Just a great RPG!!! CDP RED made epic game. Many people is unhappy because of this how Gerald fights and complain about this. But they should read the book and than check this game. This game is gorgeous because of its story line and this is aim of RPG. In few words excellent storyline, excellent graphic and at least very good gamplay. Number one in this year. Skyrim is a good game but itsJust a great RPG!!! CDP RED made epic game. Many people is unhappy because of this how Gerald fights and complain about this. But they should read the book and than check this game. This game is gorgeous because of its story line and this is aim of RPG. In few words excellent storyline, excellent graphic and at least very good gamplay. Number one in this year. Skyrim is a good game but its not enough. Expand
  50. And
    Jan 3, 2012
    I loved it, playing on the highest difficulty the first time (not the no-save one) and learning the game from scratch was an immensely satisfying experience, the combat is fast and fluid and you never feel like you've taken a cheap shot, it's always your own fault when you get wounded and I loved the game even more for it.

As someone who only read one book in the series (the game is based

As someone who only read one book in the series (the game is based on a series of books by a famous Polish writer A. Sapkowski) I was stunned how well portrayed the characters were.
    Story wise it follows a few of the standard western cliches but overall was quite engaging and kept me well entertained all the way through, have to commend them for the fact that they integrated the story so well with the world that no previous knowledge of witcher 1 was required to enjoy it.

In short, an extremely enjoyable game who's only flaw is the inventory system but last I heard there are mods that fix that flaw so I can only recommend this game to anyone that enjoys good RPGs.
  51. Jan 5, 2012
    The Witcher 2 is epic in every sense of the word. The narrative is incredibly well done and one of the best in the industry, the graphics are jaw dropping, and the combat system is a huge improvement from the first. What really amazed me is how big of an impact your choices do make in this game, even more so than the original Witcher and any Bioware game which is usually a good vs evilThe Witcher 2 is epic in every sense of the word. The narrative is incredibly well done and one of the best in the industry, the graphics are jaw dropping, and the combat system is a huge improvement from the first. What really amazed me is how big of an impact your choices do make in this game, even more so than the original Witcher and any Bioware game which is usually a good vs evil decision. But in WItcher 2 every choice has a consequence and it will have you second guessing your choices wondering what would have happened if you did choice Y instead of X and Z. It's one of those games you will replay a few times just to see the different outcomes and endings. The visuals are out of this world and I think the best looking game of 2011. In terms of technology BF3 wins but the art style in the Witcher 2 really takes it over the top I think. It's like an oil painting at times and I just want to sit and stare at some of the gorgeous scenary (the rain effects!).

The combat is fast, fluid, and fun, plus it takes a lot of skill to master. This isn't an easy game, however it is a very rewarding game if you put the time to learn it.

If you are a fan of RPG's or just a good story you will enjoy this game I think.
  52. Jan 7, 2012
    This game is a real masterpiece in aspect of Action Rpg genre....Its and Polish fantasy awesomeness with often challenging combat, stunning visuals, some mature nudity scenes, good moral choices, deep skill trees, fun boss battles, interesting characters, surprisingly high replay value, i feel like i can go on forever you should be glad i didn't played the game since July by now or i wouldThis game is a real masterpiece in aspect of Action Rpg genre....Its and Polish fantasy awesomeness with often challenging combat, stunning visuals, some mature nudity scenes, good moral choices, deep skill trees, fun boss battles, interesting characters, surprisingly high replay value, i feel like i can go on forever you should be glad i didn't played the game since July by now or i would be screaming CDProjektRED like a fangirl now, although they are already a real caring and the most non greedy developing team who puts dlc's for free...This game HUMILIATES dragon age 2 and its pathetic attempt at an action RPG... Expand
  53. Jan 13, 2012
    One of the greatest rpg game of all time. Dark fantasy world, very good plot (not telling about saving world but rather about politics). A lot of hard decision to make and each decision impact the world of game. Almost every character is unique and memorable (Iorweth, Roch, Ves, Yarpen etc). Demanding but giving a lot of satisfaction combat system. And last but not least the awesomeOne of the greatest rpg game of all time. Dark fantasy world, very good plot (not telling about saving world but rather about politics). A lot of hard decision to make and each decision impact the world of game. Almost every character is unique and memorable (Iorweth, Roch, Ves, Yarpen etc). Demanding but giving a lot of satisfaction combat system. And last but not least the awesome protagonist - Geralt of Rivia - witcher, lover, killer. A lot of people arguing that "the witcher" is not a really rpg because it doesn't allow to create own hero. I think that with such a deep described character like Getalt it is not necessary, I think that it was be a really hard to create a character that would be fit to witcher game world . Really you create Geralt and the world of game with your every decision. Expand
  54. Jan 24, 2012
    The Witcher 2 is simply a masterpiece it easily beats Skyrim and every other rpg out there if u love rpg's do urself a favor and pick this one up you will not be sorry i assure you!
  55. Jun 7, 2011
    Great RPG, not as much freedom of customization or discovery as in fallout series or first dragon age, but decent combat system, beautiful graphics, great plot, and simply put one of the best RPGs to come out this year so far.
  56. Jun 11, 2011
    The best RPG I've played in years. It takes a bit of patience to learn the game as there isn't much of a tutorial, but once you understand everything it's a masterpiece. The story is fantastic, the graphics are amazing, even the side-quests are well crafted and will keep you interested.
  57. Sep 27, 2011
    Great graphics, great story, great game. And no damn day on DLC either like some other game we all know. Hope Witcher 3 will have the same quality and awesomeness.
  58. Olf
    Jun 9, 2011
    Well made game. Game play is very difficult, and choices you make actually make some semblance of a difference....as opposed to Dragon Age 2. I really feel not only was this game an improvement on the original, but a good look at how RPGs of the future should be with high re-playability.
  59. Oct 22, 2011
    One of the best rpg I've played to date, re-playability aplenty free dlc by the handful what more could anyone want?

Amazing art and sound design through character and voice design. The developers obviously set out to earn your money and it shows in every detail, every fiber of the game any fan of rpgs owes it to themselves to get this game.
  60. Jun 6, 2011
    A great game, perfect... no. The graphics are beautiful, the story engrossing and you get to see the impact of your decisions. Those choices influence how you play in Act 2 and 3. Very well done.
  61. Jun 2, 2011
    This is a great RPG. If your not squeamish about language usage and nudity this is a great game to pick up over the summer. Buy it, play it, love it. I know i am!
  62. Jun 5, 2011
    Witcher 2 is one of the best RPGs ever. The game presents users with choices at almost every turn and these choice may impact the course of your story significantly. This is one game where choice is not an illusion. Combat is also amazing, is one of the only few games which actually requires the use of all abilities to come out on top of every encounter, if you dont use your abilitiesWitcher 2 is one of the best RPGs ever. The game presents users with choices at almost every turn and these choice may impact the course of your story significantly. This is one game where choice is not an illusion. Combat is also amazing, is one of the only few games which actually requires the use of all abilities to come out on top of every encounter, if you dont use your abilities wisely then there is a good chance that you will get your arse kicked and that is why a lot of bad players won't like this game.

For any RPG fans this is the best game thats out there.
  63. Jun 5, 2011
    This is a fantastic game. There is quite a few different ways to play the game that can change outcomes later in the story. I love games like this. It keeps it interesting. The graphics are outstanding and you have to have a pretty decent system to play it. Its got a great story line.
    My only complaint that I have about the game, was it was easy to sometimes get lost in the side stories/quests which some people like to do. Now dont get me wrong, I do like to go out and explore and do other things to get rewarded, but it took away from the main story. If some of the side quests had a direct relationship to the story line, I think that could have had a better effect. But other than that its a fantastic game, and highly recommend it.
  64. Jun 7, 2011
    I've been really impressed with this game. Unfortunately, I have not played the first part, and after the epic fail of DA2, I don't expect too much, but it appears that the game is interesting, beautiful and it is really RPG with carefully considered and worked out world. I hope it'll be the game of the year.
  65. Jun 7, 2011
    This is the best RPG years without dispute. I spent the day of release the game at least 8 hours. The plot is super simple, convenient control of the RPG element to the highest level. Poles have done their best.
  66. Jun 10, 2011
    Wow the graphics are incredible the best i have ever seen i played ultra spec the detail the complexity of every characters are deep the dialogues are bla bla bla bla bla bla i can go on and on and on whit the quality of this game ITS BY FAR THE BEST RPG IVE PLAYED BRAVO!!!!!! if you like rpg and you got a killer rig you got to try that
  67. Jun 10, 2011
    This is not only the best RPG I have ever played but my all time favorite game now. Been playing all night and just wow. Incredibly fast, fun, tactful combat system. That is just so unbelievably smooth it just feels great. Mixing sorcery with sword play, dodging, blocking. Huge improvement from the first. The storyline is just so engaging and well written. LOL @ Bioware fanboys rating thisThis is not only the best RPG I have ever played but my all time favorite game now. Been playing all night and just wow. Incredibly fast, fun, tactful combat system. That is just so unbelievably smooth it just feels great. Mixing sorcery with sword play, dodging, blocking. Huge improvement from the first. The storyline is just so engaging and well written. LOL @ Bioware fanboys rating this down. Expect a lot more 0s in the next days. This game is everything DA2 should have been but failed. Suck it down. Expand
  68. Nov 6, 2011
    This game is really great.I'm a fan of RPGs and I am delighted that I had the opportunity to play the witcher.Witcher 2:Assassin of Kings is amazing!Witcher 2 is an epic adventure with a beautiful, modern graphics.Graphics, which crushes other RPGs.This is an absolute favorite game of 2011.I highly recommend The Witcher.
  69. Sep 2, 2011
    This is how to make a sequel, it takes all of the problems with The Witcher, and improves upon all aspects of the game. The game simplifies combat and eradicates the stances, and quick and strong attacks are simply left and right clicks away a vast improvement over the original. The game is overall very linear in direct on where you go but the choices you make impact the story greatly,This is how to make a sequel, it takes all of the problems with The Witcher, and improves upon all aspects of the game. The game simplifies combat and eradicates the stances, and quick and strong attacks are simply left and right clicks away a vast improvement over the original. The game is overall very linear in direct on where you go but the choices you make impact the story greatly, if you've played number one you know what to expect and will enjoy the game tremendously. The few qualms with the game is the difficulty at best is erratic, at first it's somewhat brutal but towards the end Geralt can literally brush off most encounters with ease. Loading screens, which you'll see a lot, are too long and really disconnect from the game and the way zones are loaded together can become a nuisance when you're following/escorting someone. Targeting in the game is iffy at best as in noncombat situations selected items in the world is a definite pain and in fights with multiple enemies sometimes the wrong enemy will be attacked which is a nuisance. Overall for any RPG fan this is a can't miss game, the game has it's shortcomings but overall is a solid product. The game looks beautiful, sounds beautiful, and plays beautifully. Any RPG fan who hasn't played this gem deserves to treat themselves to such a fine game. Expand
  70. Nov 6, 2011
    The Witcher 2 became my favorite game.The game is great.It has an epic storyline and beautiful visuals.The game was created for mature customers.It has many advantages.It is not linear, addictive, has an interesting combat system,interesting characters,great soundtrack and many more.My favorite games was: Mass Effect, Mass effect 2, fallout 3, fallout new Vegas.By the time I played theThe Witcher 2 became my favorite game.The game is great.It has an epic storyline and beautiful visuals.The game was created for mature customers.It has many advantages.It is not linear, addictive, has an interesting combat system,interesting characters,great soundtrack and many more.My favorite games was: Mass Effect, Mass effect 2, fallout 3, fallout new Vegas.By the time I played the witcher.The Witcher 2: The Assassins of kings, beats all the other giants RPG.CD Project, has created a masterpiece! Expand
  71. May 25, 2012
    I was never able to really get into Witcher 1 for some reason, but the deficiencies, combat and plot advancement were all improved in Witcher 2. Skyrim and Witcher 2 were both tops on my list for 2011. The Enhanced Edition was even better and has added more replayability, and I appreciate that Projekt Red has actively grown and supported their games post-launch.
  72. Sep 18, 2011
    To sum up in two words: absolutely magnificent. Not perfect of course, but then what is? The graphics are excellent, the story line is compelling, the animation range between good and simply great (Bioware's animators for Dragon Age 2 should hang their heads in shame when they see this game)...the characters believable and you can practically smell the filth in the town streets when youTo sum up in two words: absolutely magnificent. Not perfect of course, but then what is? The graphics are excellent, the story line is compelling, the animation range between good and simply great (Bioware's animators for Dragon Age 2 should hang their heads in shame when they see this game)...the characters believable and you can practically smell the filth in the town streets when you walk down them. This is an adult game, for sure, with salty dialogue and all the better for the uncompromising way the writing reflects that.

This is, in my view, simply the best RPG yet made for the video game medium. Outstanding.
  73. Aug 30, 2011
    Amazing game, well worth the wait and the money. Every decisions you make has an affect. Though combat is not as complex as the first but everything else outshines it.
  74. Sep 3, 2011
    I saw some stupid reviews here that gives the game 1. Those guys could not even cognize a new game with all of their new rules if not from Bio'sla'ver. 1. Attack strategy of Geralt: killing lots of opponents at the same time is like hitting critital. When you hit a critical, you change the course of the fight? You can improve this chance even from the warrior talent tree.. 2. MonsterI saw some stupid reviews here that gives the game 1. Those guys could not even cognize a new game with all of their new rules if not from Bio'sla'ver. 1. Attack strategy of Geralt: killing lots of opponents at the same time is like hitting critital. When you hit a critical, you change the course of the fight? You can improve this chance even from the warrior talent tree.. 2. Monster strategy, endrega queen: No, we want to use our brain in the game to defeat monsters, why we play a game anyway? Shouldn't be different from a zero-interactive-movie? 3.Random quest givers: Why on earth this brilliant feature could be a negative effect? 4. Random quest order: Why on earth this brilliant feature seems like a negative effect for a game on your brains? This game is an epic and releases us from the stupid Bio'sla'ver even-under-six-age-can-end-it games. Expand
  75. Sep 4, 2011
    What can i say? This game engages all of your emotions at the most human level. It is an outstanding example of modern interactive entertainment at its greatest!
  76. Sep 6, 2011
    Easily the prettiest game I've ever played. The story is rich and enveloping, and your decisions change how that story unfolds. It employs a unique, and sometimes, challenging combat system that doesn't care if you don't like it. Unfortunately, the inventory and item creation interfaces were sloppy at best. While that really took away from the gaming aspect for me, the game still wowed atEasily the prettiest game I've ever played. The story is rich and enveloping, and your decisions change how that story unfolds. It employs a unique, and sometimes, challenging combat system that doesn't care if you don't like it. Unfortunately, the inventory and item creation interfaces were sloppy at best. While that really took away from the gaming aspect for me, the game still wowed at most other corners. You can tell this was 150% effort by the developers and that heart shows, which is why it still deserves that A. Expand
  77. Sep 8, 2011
    Simply put, if you enjoyed the first game or are a fan of any RPG this one is by far the best you can find. Despite being a pirate I would happily fork out £40-50 for such a beautifully realised world like that in TW2. GOTY? Quite possibly...
  78. Sep 9, 2011
    The Witcher 2 is not just a game,this epic, thrilling adventure with excellent, interesting to the very end of the story and an excellent, modern, beautiful graphics.This is a game that beats a lot of great titles.Apart from the brilliant storyline and graphics, the witcher 2 has a really spectacular battle system.Dialogues are interesting, very very well done.Great, memorable locations,The Witcher 2 is not just a game,this epic, thrilling adventure with excellent, interesting to the very end of the story and an excellent, modern, beautiful graphics.This is a game that beats a lot of great titles.Apart from the brilliant storyline and graphics, the witcher 2 has a really spectacular battle system.Dialogues are interesting, very very well done.Great, memorable locations, as well as various forms should impress no one RPG fan.One of the main advantages of the game is no Linearity.Everything depends on the player's decision.The game can be completed in 16 different ways.It depends on us what we will do the mission that we meet the characters and what we will explore a vast area.
    The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings was made in order to mature, requiring the recipient..
    Witcher 2 is a game worth recommending.Its excellent!
  79. Sep 13, 2011
    So, the game passed. Experiences very much. Results can not be described. Oh well. So first what I want to say this nonlinearity. Each quest traversed 2.3 or greater means. And I mean the story side quests, but not as we pass: the sword, signs, etc. This is my first game with non-linear quests. Often do not know which side to stand up. All the two sides. The second thing worth mentioningSo, the game passed. Experiences very much. Results can not be described. Oh well. So first what I want to say this nonlinearity. Each quest traversed 2.3 or greater means. And I mean the story side quests, but not as we pass: the sword, signs, etc. This is my first game with non-linear quests. Often do not know which side to stand up. All the two sides. The second thing worth mentioning is the characters and their replicas. Characters pronounced. Each character personality, their views on everything. Death of Cedric caused a lot more emotion than the mother's death Hawke. Although if you sue anyone he Geralt. Replicas are also nonlinear. Russian voice pleases. Particularly pleased with dwarves with their vulgar and rude remarks ... they are beautiful! Third, what is striking is the graphics. Gorgeous graphics engine that produces excellent pictures even at medium machines. It is also perfectly porobotali designers. Otherwise there would be a "demonstration" engine as it was in the first Assassin's Creed. We are surrounded by many small details. And the main thing. Above all praise. Atmosphere. Atmosphere compared with the first part a little blown away. Just a little bit. Here the forest. The birds are singing, gurgling waterfall, mist alarming. Feeling that the monsters very close and is about to pounce on you, they. Or at least the same Verga. This is for me at the moment most atmospheric virtual city that I've seen. Here's another example. A meeting with the Queen endriag. Can you feel her strength, power. Did you know that it can be dangerous. In a meeting with the DA 2 big golem caused only depression. We took a pile of rocks and stuffed into the heap 100 500 HP. Actually, everything. Developers are not deceiving us when we said that in one passage does not see everything. It's true. After all, developers have two campaigns in one! Game must go at least twice - for Iorveta and for Roche. Because it's almost two different storylines, different characters is, cities, etc. Music as ohrinitelna. In the same tavern. This sensual, expressive composition. About this game is much to write, but I probably will stop. You know, even if the CD Project RED screwed up with new games (which I highly doubt), I will love them for that gave the world two great games that probably will always be my favorite. Poles have done a great job. Their game is without flaws, yes, but it is fashionable to say the dignity of all zatmivayut these shortcomings. All of their games is ... native. 10 out of 10! Expand
  80. Sep 22, 2011
    One of the best RPG games ever. Possibly the best looking game ever, with a great story and voice acting. Amazing replay value, and an improvement on the original Witcher, although its a shame it isn't longer. The last chapter is far too short. Brilliant combat system, which is easy to get the hang of. I don't understand why so many people have complained about it.
  81. Sep 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Best RPG game ever made. Easily tops Dragon Age and Oblivion, combined, even. The story is compelling and handles things in a serious and realistic tone. The graphics are top of the line and the combat system is everything you would ever want in terms of melee fighting. Other games like Two Worlds II have a similar system, but no where near as fluid and immerse as Witcher 2. The ending leaves much to be desired as there really isn't a payoff and no sense of closure is anywhere to be found. Expand
  82. Sep 28, 2011
    Bardzo dobra gra RPG. W dobrym uniwersum. Jedyne co byÅ
  83. Oct 29, 2011
    This game is **** AMAZING.

I can't be bothered to type out a testament to the brilliance that is The Witcher 2, but after 3 playthroughs, I'm really disappointed that other games (that aren't as good as TW2) get a higher Metascore than TW2 (Deus Ex: HR, not that it's a bad game or anything, just nowhere near as good as TW2).

One of the greatest cRPG's to ever come of existence.
  84. Jan 27, 2012
    Amazing game. A Fantastic mix of Assassin's Creed and Oblivion. The combat system is better than Oblivion. My prefer game of 2011.

PC version uses DirectX 11 API and no DRM.
  85. Oct 31, 2011
    The Best RPG ever! Dark and serious, completely breaking candy-fantasy style of most RPGs present on the market. Characters are real and true, with all personality aspects. Dropping idea of good vs evil for decisions and consequences is just the best what can happen to RPG game. Balance of different type of quests is a state-of-art and fighting system are demanding but not discouraging,The Best RPG ever! Dark and serious, completely breaking candy-fantasy style of most RPGs present on the market. Characters are real and true, with all personality aspects. Dropping idea of good vs evil for decisions and consequences is just the best what can happen to RPG game. Balance of different type of quests is a state-of-art and fighting system are demanding but not discouraging, one can feel like the real witcher. Graphics is just amazing. Small -1 for soundtrack, only because the first Witcher has done it better and a little bit, too short story. Great job! Expand
  86. Nov 1, 2011
    CD Projekt Red has GOTY 2011 in the pocket. There's signs of developer blindness (until the mega 2.0 redux patch the difficulty curve was very steep unless you browsed for some helpful tutorials online) and some of the features either somewhat strange or simply badly documented but those are minor setbacks as Witcher 2 is a technological and artistic masterpiece and shows (for most of) theCD Projekt Red has GOTY 2011 in the pocket. There's signs of developer blindness (until the mega 2.0 redux patch the difficulty curve was very steep unless you browsed for some helpful tutorials online) and some of the features either somewhat strange or simply badly documented but those are minor setbacks as Witcher 2 is a technological and artistic masterpiece and shows (for most of) the game industry how you create a game that will be remembered as a classic while taking care of your fans and customers. Expand
  87. Nov 8, 2011
    I'm new to this franchise and decided to buy it after reading its reviews. I loved the game! The story was quite fascinating and the graphics are top notch. The gameplay takes some time to get used to, but once you pick it up it's not bad. The characters and voice acting are very good and are also very interesting. There are a few things that could make this game a bit better - one wouldI'm new to this franchise and decided to buy it after reading its reviews. I loved the game! The story was quite fascinating and the graphics are top notch. The gameplay takes some time to get used to, but once you pick it up it's not bad. The characters and voice acting are very good and are also very interesting. There are a few things that could make this game a bit better - one would be some sort of class system and more customization (but I'm not sure how this would fit in). The game also has some glitches that could be fixed (which I think they did with the new patch.) The game kind of slacks off near the end though (notably the third act) which the story seems kind of rushed and the environment in the 3rd act seems completely wasted. While the 1st and 2nd acts of the game took a very long time, the third act was so short to be even called an act in itself. It was clear the developers were rushed to finish it, which is kind of disappointing - since the game had so much going for it. Decisions made also impact the game's progression (which I love) and makes you want to play it at least twice to get the 'full' experience. Mini games like arm wrestling, gambling and fist fighting were also a plus (gambling game kind of confused me though). (Overall score: 9.0 ) Expand
  88. Nov 16, 2011
    Best RPG in YEARS! I liked Two Worlds 2 but this is WAY better! Does everything right in terms of old school adventure and replayability. Drives the retarded "McWonderland" competition out of the picture. Love the beautiful environments. Love love love this game!
  89. Feb 11, 2012
    The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is a fantastic RPG Pros: -Amazing, jaw-dropping graphics (granted that you have a rig that can run it at max settings)
    -An RPG with "gray area" decision-making, no definite good, bad, neutral
    -A political, dark, mature plot -An immersive, beautiful world Cons: -A somewhat disappointing and seemingly rushed 3rd act and ending. The first two acts were,
    -An RPG with "gray area" decision-making, no definite good, bad, neutral
    -A political, dark, mature plot -An immersive, beautiful world

Cons: -A somewhat disappointing and seemingly rushed 3rd act and ending. The first two acts were, in my opinion, one of the best in RPG storytelling.
    -Gameplay that becomes much, much easier as you go farther into the game. A must buy for RPG lovers and a very high recommendation to those who show the least bit of interest in this game.
  90. Feb 11, 2012
    I would say 9.5 but I'll round up to 10. This game isn't PERFECT, but it's amazing. Great story, great sound, great functionality - I think I had a bug once? I don't really remember. It was minor. Better programmed than blockbuser 100 million dollar titles, better looking, more fun, more interesting, more new. This is one of those games that will live on in my memories fondly. I'm aI would say 9.5 but I'll round up to 10. This game isn't PERFECT, but it's amazing. Great story, great sound, great functionality - I think I had a bug once? I don't really remember. It was minor. Better programmed than blockbuser 100 million dollar titles, better looking, more fun, more interesting, more new. This is one of those games that will live on in my memories fondly. I'm a huge fan of other games like ME1, ME2 and many other RPGs that really blew me out of the water much like this one. I was extremely disappointed to see this wasn't even on the LIST of GOTY from BAFTA for 2011. I am a long-term hardcore battlefield fan and fan of other series on that list, but this game beats them all hands down and I'm sure many others would agree. Expand
  91. Dec 31, 2011
    Cd project one more time give us an excellent modern rpg with a complex deep story. Cd project create again a high quality game with fantastic graphics, excellent sound and a very good gameplay. A must play for all rpg fans
  92. Feb 2, 2012
    I dont write reviews and I wasn't even member of this site till I played Witcher 2 few days ago. Bioware has spread themselves thin developing their Star wars MMO and I am not surprised that they couldnt deliver with Dragon Age 2. Simply put they took all the engine and the code that developed for Star wars MMO and tried to slap something together and call it Dragon Age 2 then find bunchI dont write reviews and I wasn't even member of this site till I played Witcher 2 few days ago. Bioware has spread themselves thin developing their Star wars MMO and I am not surprised that they couldnt deliver with Dragon Age 2. Simply put they took all the engine and the code that developed for Star wars MMO and tried to slap something together and call it Dragon Age 2 then find bunch silly excuses for things like not having tactical view yada yada yada. Witcher 2 is superb game and the franchise as a whole has great potential. Great job CDProjekt just when I thought that people dont make games like before and all sell out to mainstream, you prove us all wrong. Keep it UP! Expand
  93. Feb 9, 2012
    Wonderfull game. Thanks to the Witcher 2 fantasy RPG fans had something to play in 2011, since Bioware completely destroyed their formerly stellar franchise with the awfull Dragon Age II.
  94. May 2, 2012
    This game is very AWESOME, i love it .. the world the characters all ... forget Skyrim forget Oblivion .. forget Mass effect ... The Witcher > all ... And Cd - Project is a very nice developer
  95. Mar 11, 2012
    A fantastic video game with an elaborate story, engaging plot, enjoyable gameplay, and fantastic graphics. The only things that hold it back from being a 10 are a few minor glitches, an AI that is awkward at times, and some hiccups in the plot during the final act.

Prepare to enjoy yourself with this great game.
  96. Mar 6, 2012
    I had a great deal of difficulty installing this game with the code to activate it so I shelved it for awhile. Well, I am glad I played it finally. This is definitely a well deserved M rating. Don't let a kid play this one! The gameplay is great though and is very exciting. Better than the first one in every way. I have the XBOX version pre-ordered I loved it so much. One of the best RPG'sI had a great deal of difficulty installing this game with the code to activate it so I shelved it for awhile. Well, I am glad I played it finally. This is definitely a well deserved M rating. Don't let a kid play this one! The gameplay is great though and is very exciting. Better than the first one in every way. I have the XBOX version pre-ordered I loved it so much. One of the best RPG's in recent years especially as a PC exclusive. Definitely recommend playing this before the XBOX one comes out if you play PC games. Expand
  97. Mar 7, 2012
    I really had a blast playing this game. The continuity from the first game to the second one was very well done - a lot of questions from the first game were answered in the second installment. The game does a great job at making you understand that choices have consequences. As a matter of fact, a specific choice will decide where you stand and how your story unfolds in the secondI really had a blast playing this game. The continuity from the first game to the second one was very well done - a lot of questions from the first game were answered in the second installment. The game does a great job at making you understand that choices have consequences. As a matter of fact, a specific choice will decide where you stand and how your story unfolds in the second chapter. I loved how you also have the opportunity to execute a questline while being stealthy as opposed to run in and kill everyone. The graphics are stunning, the landscapes are beautiful and varied. I found the colors to be very crisp and the textures refined. As far as the models go, sometimes the lips movements felt akward when the characters talked, but other than that, the animations felt flowly. What I liked a bit less about the game, however, is that it can throw you quite rapidly in the action and giving you very little feedback. Without spoiling the game, at the very beginning when you're given a choice of narrating cutscenes, you should pick them up sequentially from the top one to the bottom - it'll give you time to be familiar with the game before getting to the actiony bits. The equipment interface is a tad clunky and sometimes I found myself without a sword - it had disappeared for no reason. Finally, the thing that also disappointed me is how short Chapter 3 was - but I've heard that they will be adding more to that chapter for free once the xbox version comes out. A great experience overall. Expand
  98. Jun 2, 2011
    Aside from the stunning visuals, interesting characters and fun gameplay, what makes the game shine is the obvious love the developers put into making this game. There is such attention to detail, and it's this attention to detail that provides a level of immersion that is almost unparalleled. The game does have a few negatives which prevent me from giving it a 10:
    I would have liked to be
    I would have liked to be able to resocket runes, mutagens, and possible respec my talents. the combat has a steep learning curve, it isn't terribly hard, it just takes some getting used to.
  99. Nov 4, 2011
    This gаmes is a triumph. Also very different from it's amazing predecessor it is more focused, more epic and it gives you more choice while at the same time it makes you feel like a small piece of wood on a stormy ocean. After finishing it once i have immediately restarted it. And i feel the same excitement i felt when i first installed it. It is a once in a lifetime experienceThis gаmes is a triumph. Also very different from it's amazing predecessor it is more focused, more epic and it gives you more choice while at the same time it makes you feel like a small piece of wood on a stormy ocean. After finishing it once i have immediately restarted it. And i feel the same excitement i felt when i first installed it. It is a once in a lifetime experience that should be played by everyone. I would especially recommend this to young players despite it's mature content. It is a lesson about life and it s a lesson about gaming. What it was and what it should be. 10/10. GOTY. Best RPG of this decade so far! Expand
  100. May 17, 2011
    It's a really stunning game, fighting system gives a lot of fun (when your character gets stronger, he learns new moves), graphics is amazing, plot is just very good (especially for fans of whole "The Witcher" franchise). Locations are simply beautiful, this game is just epic. By the way it's a shame that you can't delete those comments made by idiots who give The Witcher 2 zero points andIt's a really stunning game, fighting system gives a lot of fun (when your character gets stronger, he learns new moves), graphics is amazing, plot is just very good (especially for fans of whole "The Witcher" franchise). Locations are simply beautiful, this game is just epic. By the way it's a shame that you can't delete those comments made by idiots who give The Witcher 2 zero points and Dragon Age II. I understand that you DON'T have to enjoy TW2 but NO GAME deserves 0 points. I hate those trolls. Collapse

1. Oct 21, 2011