The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings PC

8.5

1. May 3, 2013
    I played the EE of the game fully patched so I base my review on that. The game is great not much to say. Great story, great gameplay, great characters. Things I didn't like where the kinda small locations and to little side quests I think the first one was better in that aspect and I wish they didn't remove the collectible cards (you know what I mean).
  2. Dec 11, 2012
    This game is truly beautiful on just about every level. Combat can be frustrating when multiple enemies take turns knocking you back but you always have a dozen toys at your disposal to wipe the floor with them. The story is hard to follow with all the name dropping and the fact it feels like it was pulled from the middle of a book instead of the beginning or end. It's also moreThis game is truly beautiful on just about every level. Combat can be frustrating when multiple enemies take turns knocking you back but you always have a dozen toys at your disposal to wipe the floor with them. The story is hard to follow with all the name dropping and the fact it feels like it was pulled from the middle of a book instead of the beginning or end. It's also more politically focused this time taking place on a grander scale compared to the Geralt-focused original. Graphics are a sight to see showing off the strength of the best PC power on the market. This is probably the most beautiful & detailed game available today. All in all this game is superior to the original (which is also amazing) on just about every level (I liked the old inventory, alchemy & combat systems better but they are small differences) and superior to most RPGs and games on the market. Expand
  3. Jun 15, 2016
    The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings is amazing videogame with interesting story, good graphics (too light) and excellent training, but in this game many minus eg very light graphics which the cuts eyes or many cutscenes, but pluses in this game much too eg amazing storyline, awesome subjects, excellent training, gameplay is much fun, but Witcher III is better than The Witcher II and I notThe Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings is amazing videogame with interesting story, good graphics (too light) and excellent training, but in this game many minus eg very light graphics which the cuts eyes or many cutscenes, but pluses in this game much too eg amazing storyline, awesome subjects, excellent training, gameplay is much fun, but Witcher III is better than The Witcher II and I not really like Witcher and in this series I really like Witcher III, but I not really like Witcher II and I played in Witcher 2 and 3, but I don't played first Witcher . Wicher II is good game . Expand
  4. Sep 6, 2014
    Graphically impressive with exceptional production values, and a good game, but not the second coming, and definitely not the next big thing in RPGs. Restrictive in the same way console RPGs are, just with hi-res textures, presented as an adult game, yet under the surface it's just as adolescent as the first game was, with it's ridiculous sex cards. Gameplay (particularly combat) is oftenGraphically impressive with exceptional production values, and a good game, but not the second coming, and definitely not the next big thing in RPGs. Restrictive in the same way console RPGs are, just with hi-res textures, presented as an adult game, yet under the surface it's just as adolescent as the first game was, with it's ridiculous sex cards. Gameplay (particularly combat) is often quite bad, particularly on Normal difficulty or higher - controls feel unresponsive, delayed, keymapping can be altered but not in game and only using the game's config tool. Good, but not great. Expand
  5. Jun 10, 2015
    This game would have gotten a 9/10 from me, but due to its very narrow FOV i have to take one point off. I was also able to implement a MOD which fixes the FOV; unfortunately, that mod prevented me from using other good mods (such as Full Combat Rebalance MOD), which i had to forsake in order to have a normal field of view.

That aside - i enjoyed the game thoroughly. I am a fan of the

That aside - i enjoyed the game thoroughly. I am a fan of the first one, and the sequel did not disappoint. The gameplay is not a simplified hack-n-slash - i played on Hard and found combat quite a challenge, final bosses being a real pain in the ass!

Unlike an illusion of choice (such as in Mass Effect) of the path, Witcher 2 offers choices which affect the path and the plot of the main story. Not to give away any spoilers - your choice in the beginning of the Prologue will actually effect the following Chapter. So if you replay the game and make a different choice in the beginning, you will play through a different level in the upcoming chapter - a level which you have never played before. This adds a high value to replayability and believability to the gameplay.

My best part of this whole game is the narrative. This is a game for adults - not because of graphics violence or nudity but because of the depth the story has been developed. It is full of politics, assassinations, intrigues, manipulations, and so on, told through a very witty and eloquent narrative (i just love the prose). The story is magnificent and well-shoed and, as expected from the Witcher universe, thoroughly thought through and explained in detail.
  6. Nov 12, 2014
    The Witcher 1 was a perfect RPG experience in my eyes and in retrospect I would rank it among the very best in the genre. The Witcher 2 changes quite a lot of things, some of them for better, others for worse, but despite some problems, it's still a fantastic RPG ride and a worthy successor.

The story is still top notch, maybe little too much politics for my taste, it can be hard to follow all the kingdoms, their situation, kings, intentions etc., but it makes it feel more grandiose in scope. The game itself however is quite a bit shorter than the first one, only 3 chapters and the last chapter went by really fast, but if you do everything, it's still about 30 hours, which is good enough.

The visuals are beautiful, I loved all 3 locations and their environments, some of the locations were just breathtaking, but the overall art direction seems to be pushed into more punch in the face aesthetic, so the colors are often way too over saturated to my taste. I preferred more subtle style of the first Witcher.

The biggest change is the controls and combat. I love the fact you can grip the controller and feel your character, move around, the combat is also much more fluid and it feels tight, that's a good change, but what is not so good is the UI, the inventory management, all the additional menus, it suffered from the overall console controllers interface, it needs some serious getting used to and I really hope this will be improved in TW3.

Another disappointment is the alchemy, one of my favourite things to do in TW1. gathering herbs, mixing potions and effectively use them in battle. Here, you cannot drink once the combat starts, but before that in preparation. You would need to be a seer visionary to know when you are going to need it, this basically ruined the effective use and I just ignored the alchemy completely, focusing solely on the sword techniques.

The biggest problem of TW2 imo is it's linearity and non-open world corridor style world design. Especially now when you can control Geralt with such fluidity it's really immersion breaking to encounter all those invisible walls and barriers, it feels very restricting, you can't even jump over the obstacles, it just lacks the freedom of many other more open world RPGs, but that's exactly the issue that the new Witcher 3 should address.

There are some other minor bugs, I had few crashes during my playthrough, there are many audio balance issues, voice overs too loud or too quiet every once in a while, and they somehow managed to ruin the dice poker mini-game which is not nearly as good as in the first game, but nothing that can destroy your RPG experience.

And what an experience it is, captivating story, interesting characters, well-written quests, in the first half of the game pretty challenging battles that force you to use all your resources to win and important decisions that have a strong impact on the actual world around you and the last but not least - fantastic soundtrack again. All the things I loved about the first Witcher and reasons why I love The Witcher series so much. I'm looking forward to the new open world TW3 that's looking amazing so far and hopefully is going to improve all the shortcomings of TW2 to create the ultimate masterpiece and finish this amazing trilogy. 9/10
  7. Feb 22, 2013
    Witcher 2 is a brilliant game. It is very rare to play a fantasy/dark-fantasy game that has nice graphics, good writing and characters, and a mature and interesting story. I also like that the games world has European roots. Go play this if you want a great gaming experience, that is getting more and more rare nowadays.
  8. Jun 30, 2013
    This is the best RPG i've ever played so far the graphics are so so amazing specially the forest parts and the story is just amazing with really difficult choices to make through out the game the combat was improved greatly i liked it better than the first part and there are so many characters that you'll love in this game let me put it simple this game easily nominated for the gameThis is the best RPG i've ever played so far the graphics are so so amazing specially the forest parts and the story is just amazing with really difficult choices to make through out the game the combat was improved greatly i liked it better than the first part and there are so many characters that you'll love in this game let me put it simple this game easily nominated for the game of generation Expand
  9. Sep 26, 2015
    Stellar Atmosphere, Great Audio Effects, and Captivating Story. When I first installed the Witcher 2, those traits are what grabbed me. At the end of November and the beginning of December, I preordered my collector's addition at Gamestop. I am slightly disappointed at the package material used to contain my items. The black "fuzziness" coats the bust. At once, I noticed how much of aStellar Atmosphere, Great Audio Effects, and Captivating Story. When I first installed the Witcher 2, those traits are what grabbed me. At the end of November and the beginning of December, I preordered my collector's addition at Gamestop. I am slightly disappointed at the package material used to contain my items. The black "fuzziness" coats the bust. At once, I noticed how much of a challenge that TW 2's combat serves. On normal, a player needs to make use of the alchemy system. A player needs to think ahead with the potions that they consume. Expand
  10. Jun 17, 2015
    Improving over The Witcher 1, on the whole combat system and with more engaging side quest, The Witcher 2 is not perfect (if possible I would have rate it 9.5) with some minor defaults like the fact that you don't remember formulas, but I love it way to much to lower the mark to 9. Fantastic graphics at the times and above everything else the best story of modern videogames with detailedImproving over The Witcher 1, on the whole combat system and with more engaging side quest, The Witcher 2 is not perfect (if possible I would have rate it 9.5) with some minor defaults like the fact that you don't remember formulas, but I love it way to much to lower the mark to 9. Fantastic graphics at the times and above everything else the best story of modern videogames with detailed and realistic characters, and choices that have enormous consequences, in fact the 40-50 hours that the game needs to be complete could be almost doubled giving that a choice in the end of Act 1 will change the rest of the game in almost every aspect (only a few quests will be the same) .

I've already said this on my review of the first Witcher, but those games are to videogames what Game of Thrones is to series : high production value, faithful to the original works, addicting story and characters, etc. It's a must have !
  11. Aug 8, 2012
    I definitely loved playing this game, the story was very powerful, it had good animation, and you could pick many different outcomes through speech, that and the open world gameplay was great, definitely worth the purchase, my only complaint is that it ended right as I was hoping for more.
  12. Rem
    Jan 23, 2016
    The Witcher 2, in many aspects, puts hardcore back into the rpg while simultaneously offering a vastly replayable game set in a dark fantasy world. The story of Geralt, a master monster slayer, is one rife with politics, adult themes, and intrigue. Right at the start the writing is stellar and written very well. No single character is an archetype, and everyone has a motive that may or mayThe Witcher 2, in many aspects, puts hardcore back into the rpg while simultaneously offering a vastly replayable game set in a dark fantasy world. The story of Geralt, a master monster slayer, is one rife with politics, adult themes, and intrigue. Right at the start the writing is stellar and written very well. No single character is an archetype, and everyone has a motive that may or may not help you. The element of choice surpasses even today's standards as a decision literally at the beginning of the game could literally send you down one of two vastly different paths throughout the rest of this 40+ hour adventure. This is also no game for children as topics of rape, murder, assassination, and torture are only some of the more mild ones, it makes other similarly rated mature games look like Disney films. Accompanying this game is a dynamic combat system that can swing both ways depending how far you get into the game. If you quit the game rather early, you would've had the impression that this game was frustrating and unforgiving. But the true fun lies with preparing for your battles through potions and reading up on enemy tactics. While not stellar and ultra responsive, the combat of using two swords and a dark souls-esque is welcome over the more vanilla combat system of the first Witcher game. With all I've said you would imagine The Witcher 2 to be a near flawless game but some real flaws hold the game back from achieving real greatness. For one the game is absolutely stunning as in it still makes the PCs of today work to run it even on high. Even then the game overkills with bloom effectively conveying a very fantasy tone but to me it looks rather odd. But among the most frustrating is the inventory and a lack of tutorial. The inventory at best is cumbersome and unintuitive. You'll eventually get used to it, but for the first few hours it can be a nightmare to handle. And the potion system for the most part is an integral part but without knowing what enemies you might face next, it becomes impossible to determine which potion you need for the next fight since you can only take them out of combat through meditation.
    combine this with the lack of a fast travel system and you have a recipe for a bevy of problems that only irritate players. But for the most part, The Witcher 2 is an adult game that respects player choice and is a strong rpg in its own right and of 2011.
  13. May 18, 2011
    Witcher 2 has continued to grow on me, and no, I'm REALLY not advancing the plotline. Just pacing though the original semi-open area, exploring every nook and cranny. Some people might call this a 30 hour game. At the rate I am playing 80. This is like bioshock was years ago, I just adore every single inch and feel incredibly at home. This is incalculably better than anything else I haveWitcher 2 has continued to grow on me, and no, I'm REALLY not advancing the plotline. Just pacing though the original semi-open area, exploring every nook and cranny. Some people might call this a 30 hour game. At the rate I am playing 80. This is like bioshock was years ago, I just adore every single inch and feel incredibly at home. This is incalculably better than anything else I have played for YEARS. The soundtrack is hauntingly flawless, the graphics are simply the best ever conceived (yes, better than crysis 1 on highest) and the combat system is deep and hard-as-nails. The games main downer is that it has to end. I don't want it to end!! If portal 2 was the ingenious of this year, this would be the class. 100% golden plated class. Expand
  14. Sep 9, 2012
    Very good game with awesome graphics and main story. This game si in many ways better than Skyrim. A must buy if you like witcher books. This game is same quality like them.
  15. Oct 2, 2012
    Witcher 2 represents a brilliant effort at role-playing game design, that if anything took itself too seriously, and so fell a deal short of its potential. This game however was made with passion and love for its characters, its world, its tale! That level of passion pushes the game towards a 10/10 score despite a fairly large number of warts, blemishes and imperfections. If nothing else,Witcher 2 represents a brilliant effort at role-playing game design, that if anything took itself too seriously, and so fell a deal short of its potential. This game however was made with passion and love for its characters, its world, its tale! That level of passion pushes the game towards a 10/10 score despite a fairly large number of warts, blemishes and imperfections. If nothing else, the game tells a story worth witnessing to the end. It's a game perhaps to be bought and played only once. But that once should suffice to crete powerful memories, much like reading a good book or seeing a good movie. This game has a GREAT plot. GREAT characters heros villains and NPCs. Great locations. Even the combat is pretty good once you figure out how to do it (hint: roll roll roll roll, never walk always roll) With every reccommendation in the world, potential players need to be warned of the shortcomings of Witcher 2: (1) The implementation of quick time events is TERRIBLE. (2)The combat is clumsy, (3) The lack of camera flexibility is TERRIBLE in a game that demands reactions, and skill. (4) The U.I is extremely bothersome to use. (5) The explorable world is too small. (6) The story is too short. (7) The ending is REALLY BAD. (8) No real replayability after a first playthrough. Cudos go to the designers for patching the first release and for lots of free DLC and a great attitude to their customer base. We can only pray they keep their level of passion for their work and find a way to offer all they do well again in a larger space with more player imput. CD Projekt Red have shown themselves to be a design team to watch and pray for. If these guys do everything right we could have a true masterpiece on our hands. Expand
  16. Aug 17, 2012
    The Witcher 2 is an breathtaking game that offers an interesting story, well written characters and a visually beautiful world. The combat is also quite satisfying though the difficulty curve is a bit off. The game has quite a lot of content and depending on your choices you will have a completely different experience which will likely please any rpg-fan. You are however (obviously) forcedThe Witcher 2 is an breathtaking game that offers an interesting story, well written characters and a visually beautiful world. The combat is also quite satisfying though the difficulty curve is a bit off. The game has quite a lot of content and depending on your choices you will have a completely different experience which will likely please any rpg-fan. You are however (obviously) forced to play as witcher Geralt and even though Geralt is an interesting character are you kind of locked into his thinking and cant really go outside the box regarding your choices. The witchers surrounding does however make up for it by good voice acting, interesting characters and so forth. It should be noted that the game is a bit rough around edges from time to time but it really is a quite a remarkable rpg and if you are willing to spend some time on the game and have an interest in rpgs you should definitely give it a shot. Expand
  17. May 20, 2011
    Finally a game from a company not bought out by EA. Bioware should be ashamed of themselves after seeing how good of a job CDProject has done on this game. This is what a real game looks like. Beautiful graphics that run great, deep gameplay, characters that I care about, dialog that is actually something I would want to say. Fighting that is not automated, story that makes sense and isFinally a game from a company not bought out by EA. Bioware should be ashamed of themselves after seeing how good of a job CDProject has done on this game. This is what a real game looks like. Beautiful graphics that run great, deep gameplay, characters that I care about, dialog that is actually something I would want to say. Fighting that is not automated, story that makes sense and is enjoyable, and enough depth and complexity to actually warrant playing the game. After Dragon Age was completely destroyed I was heart broken, thankfully this game has come around to take up the slack. Just wait though, EA will buy up CDProject, and they will start producing 1 piece of **** game a year just like the rest of them. Expand
  18. May 1, 2015
    After playing through this game many times and viewing the game in its entirety, I realized how much
    CD Projekt Red has gone downhill as a game developer and it doesn't make me look forward to Witcher 3, AT ALL.
    I want to go on record, and say I am all for their GOG, DRM-Free business model regarding PC games, which is where I got my copy of Witcher 2 and all my PC games. 3D Vision

3D Vision Review: This is for those of us like me out there locked into Nvidia's 3D Vision solution, which I prefer to the idiotic notion of playing a game in what I call "photosphere mode" others want to call it virtual reality. I prefer 3D, where things have an amazing depth and actual realness to them, versus the "photosphere mode" being hyped up, because unlike 3D, is all hype compared to 3D, I want to experience the game with extreme 3D depth and smoothness at 120hz per eye, not play the game in a "photosphere mode". In fact, I can't wait for the true 240hz 3D monitors where we get to play the game in 3D with 120hz to each eye with some upgraded 3D glasses. Okay, rant over. This title is Nvidia 3D Vision Ready. My own personal experience with it is that it is great, there's a wonderful sense of 3D Depth at all times when playing in 3D mode, especially with depth and convergence settings set how I want. This is made better by the high quality audio the game has, the environmental sounds are good, the people sound like real people and the music is okay, I'm not a big fan of it, it's just okay to me but it is very high quality.

Gameplay/Story Review: It's a action RPG with a few major dialogue choices here and there, you can interact with everyone but only a few npcs serve a purpose, like merchants and major npcs. It's supposed to be a game world of making choices, but there's no way to go your own way, I personally didn't care for being forced to go Roche's path or Iorveth's path. You can customize Geralt's look somewhat, and there a few armor choices here and there. Not to mention you can't get rid of characters you don't like and change the story, you're forced (once again) to play by the games twisted rules of letting obviously evil characters go, in many cases. There are only a few instances in which you can get rid of the obviously evil characters. I would have preferred more freedom to change the story. It is comparable to a corridor shooter, in that there are very limited choices on where you can go and what you can do and you must go the way the game tells you to with an extremely limited degree of control, which is not what an RPG should be doing. Potions should be able to taken whenever you want, not just during meditation. To me the story is needlessly complicated. I would have preferred if it was more focused. The first glaring flaw that sticks out to me, is that somehow Geralt is being blamed for what happens to King Foltest at the beginning, because there were no witnesses, one simple question for that, is why don't I have the choice to wait for Roche, so Roche can go with me? or better yet, why not wait for Roche to bring along a few Blue Stripes? This comes up a lot, I can think of many situations in the game, where I think out loud, why can't I say no? It makes sense, but no, there is a scripted narrative I must follow, despite how little sense it makes to do so.

Basically, the entire game is scripted in advance, its like playing a modern take on the PC games of old, the point and click interactive movies with digitized or real scenes which also didn't give you much choices either. This game has multiple endings but so do some of those really old point and click games. The areas you get to explore are little more than just pretty scenery, sometimes there's some enemies or a new quest, but you are locked down to a grid. I expect I will feel the same way when I play Witcher 3, which won't happen until I can buy the fully patched game with all DLCs.

2 out of 5, for the great 3D Vision, sound, graphics and the Red Kit SDK. Everything else is just bad and brings the score down a lot.

I do appreciate them providing us with the Red Kit SDK along with this game.
    I hope they provide us with the updated SDK with the release of Witcher 3 and I hope Witcher 3 is a much better game, but like I said, I'm not buying it until I can buy it fully patched and with all of its DLC added in.
  19. May 31, 2016
    Immersive. The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings is one of those games that you'd really feel getting into. The protagonist and other characters are great, the voice acting is fantastic -- it's action-packed and offers a great story experience. But too much of one thing sometimes kills; as the game is clustered with excessive exploration, dialogues, and puzzles - it ruins the flow of the game.
  20. Sep 7, 2012
    If your PC can graphically handle the Witcher 2, you will experience some of the best visuals to date. Be forewarned that this is not an easy task, the game has some of the most demanding requirements. I did not play the original Witcher so I really didn't know what to expect, what a pleasant surprise this game is! -- Story (9): The beginning is a little slow but once your rolling theIf your PC can graphically handle the Witcher 2, you will experience some of the best visuals to date. Be forewarned that this is not an easy task, the game has some of the most demanding requirements. I did not play the original Witcher so I really didn't know what to expect, what a pleasant surprise this game is! -- Story (9): The beginning is a little slow but once your rolling the Witcher 2 has an extremely rewarding story, strengthened by some of the best voice acting I've seen. Your character, the Witcher, is kick ass and his personality and actions are epic. -- Graphics (10): If your machine is adequate, this game has some of the best graphics around. Better than Skyrim on max settings , the visuals are breathtaking, every city and surrounding area is a pleasure to look at. -- Sound (9): The environments, the voice acting, and the effects from spells, skills, and fighting all sound really pleasing. Your character also participates in conversations, making the whole experience more realistic. -- Gameplay (10): Even though everything else here is so good, the gameplay is where the Witcher 2 shines. Some of the best controls I've used for an action RPG, they are extremely smooth very adaptable. The fighting is also superb, addressing all the problems presented in games such as Skyrim. No more generic 3rd person hack and slash, your moves are fluent and responsive. This game also presents a challenge, be prepared to save, die and try again. -- Endgame (8): Multiplayer support would have been great but it's such an epic single player experience that it suffices. There have been numerous support updates and an "Enhanced Edition" with more content is now offered. You will be very satisfied with the starting content itself, this is an adventure that will take some time and effort. Overall The Witcher 2 has been an extremely refreshing addition to the "action-RPG" genre and will make for an extremely awesome addition to your gaming collection. -- Overall: (9) Expand
  21. Apr 14, 2014
    This game is CDK Projekt Red's masterpiece, it truly deserves all the praise it has gotten, and I haven't found myself more immersed in the story of any other RPG. What The Witcher 2 completely nails is giving you the feeling that your character is extremely important, as here you will literally be deciding the fates of entire kingdoms, and it is interesting how a sense of scale existsThis game is CDK Projekt Red's masterpiece, it truly deserves all the praise it has gotten, and I haven't found myself more immersed in the story of any other RPG. What The Witcher 2 completely nails is giving you the feeling that your character is extremely important, as here you will literally be deciding the fates of entire kingdoms, and it is interesting how a sense of scale exists without the game being truly open-world, and how your decisions as small as they seem can result in great or very grim consequences to you or somebody else. I love the story and the aspects that reinforce it, and the characters are great, Geralt himself is a complete badass and still has the charisma that a video game hero needs in a big story, and some interactions can be extremely amusing indeed. Moving on from the story, the graphics are incredible, it is one of the best looking games I have played to date, you don't even need them maxed out for the game to look amazing, and the lighting also does a great job. The sound is also great, the soundtrack is one of the best I have heard in a while, and I have no complaints about the sound effects themselves. The gameplay is interesting, given that it does have an extra layer of depth despite what is rather few combinations and possibilities when it comes to combat itself, I do wish for more variety, however I was content with what was presented. When you're not in combat you're in dialogue or possibly exploring a place. Quests and side quests are well balanced and interesting, they never feel like a drag and can lead to some interesting outcomes that only reinforce the story and setting. I do wish for better collision detection however, since I have encountered problems with that. And I also had a few problems with the difficulty curve at the beginning of the game, but that evened out later. Overall this is a must buy, this game is an experience you won't get anywhere else, I can guarantee that. Expand
  22. Jun 2, 2011
    One of the best RPG's ever made. It's beautiful, with expansive environments and varied locations. The combat resemble a hack and slash game, but it's more tactical and deeper than one. The combat is also challenging and rewarding. There seems to be almost no bugs at release, and all in all the game looks and runs 100x better than the first game. The story and quests are there to. Gone areOne of the best RPG's ever made. It's beautiful, with expansive environments and varied locations. The combat resemble a hack and slash game, but it's more tactical and deeper than one. The combat is also challenging and rewarding. There seems to be almost no bugs at release, and all in all the game looks and runs 100x better than the first game. The story and quests are there to. Gone are the strange Polish to English translations from the first game. The conversations are better written and it seems the voice actors have better direction this time around. A universal improvement from the first game in almost every category. So far, this is game of the year. Expand
  23. Mar 12, 2013
    I only recently started playing The Enhanced Edition, and I must say, The Witcher 2 is an RPG gem. Sure it has it's flaws, like a few performance issues here and there, the lack of a PROPER tutorial (yes, the EE has a prologue that SORT OF explains SOME of the games features, but even during that tutorial I sometimes found myself confused, having to consult Google to progress), beside thatI only recently started playing The Enhanced Edition, and I must say, The Witcher 2 is an RPG gem. Sure it has it's flaws, like a few performance issues here and there, the lack of a PROPER tutorial (yes, the EE has a prologue that SORT OF explains SOME of the games features, but even during that tutorial I sometimes found myself confused, having to consult Google to progress), beside that the game is really good, slightly harder than your average western RPG, but not impossible. If you're a fan of fantasy worlds with magical elves that live in the forest eating berries, goofy dwarves that make you laugh, and a merry atmosphere all around, then The Witcher 2 is about to give you a mature slap in the face with it's gritty world, filled with murderers, whores, and violence. Don't get me wrong, the adult content does not overshadow the fantasy setting, the world of The Witcher 2 is a magical, mysterious one, filled with dark secrets and fascinating characters. Now down to combat, combat in this game is a little more complicated than your average Fable or Elder Scrolls game, but it's also pretty fun, and doesn't take that long for you to get used to. Graphics? The graphics are superb, but I must warn you, consult a guide on it's graphics settings before starting the game to get the best performance/visual setup, as you may find your FPS dropping for unnecessary graphical settings that don't really add anything to the visuals. (set "texture memory size" from anywhere above medium if you have a graphics card with more than 1 gig of video memory, it'll give you a good FPS boost). Overall this game is well worth your money. Let's just hope CD Projekt puts more effort into a tutorial in The Witcher 3 Expand
  24. Jun 5, 2011
    Witcher 2 was everything Dragon Age 2 tried but failed to be. It's a gritty, serious, mature sequel. There in lies a problem. It's hard to simply pick up and know exactly what is going on. The world of the witcher is a deep mythology. The combat can also be complex and difficult to manage if you're used to playing on consoles. However, the story is rich and choices are reflected in yourWitcher 2 was everything Dragon Age 2 tried but failed to be. It's a gritty, serious, mature sequel. There in lies a problem. It's hard to simply pick up and know exactly what is going on. The world of the witcher is a deep mythology. The combat can also be complex and difficult to manage if you're used to playing on consoles. However, the story is rich and choices are reflected in your actions. Further, the game rewards you for thoughtful consideration of how you progress your character with regard to how you play and for exploration of the world. Further, the graphics are impressive. It's the best RPG of the year and rivals Dragon Age: Origins. Expand
  25. May 26, 2011
    Warning - This game is frustrating. Very frustrating. Early on, you will die. A lot. You will probably want to hit something with your keyboard. The difficulty is rather uneven in places and they don't ease you into learning how to use all your tools very well (and you need all your tools). The difficulty and combat issues aside, this game puts the "RP" back into "RPG". The world is veryWarning - This game is frustrating. Very frustrating. Early on, you will die. A lot. You will probably want to hit something with your keyboard. The difficulty is rather uneven in places and they don't ease you into learning how to use all your tools very well (and you need all your tools). The difficulty and combat issues aside, this game puts the "RP" back into "RPG". The world is very interesting, with a lot of stuff going on. The characters all have their own motivations. Your choices during the game actually matter, sometimes on a large scale and sometimes simply because you can lie to cover for an NPC. Much like the first Witcher, this is not the most accessable game out there, but it's one of the best at making you feel like you're in the world doing stuff. Highly recommended, and if it frustrates you too much just drop it to easy and play for the roleplaying aspect rather then the combat. Expand
  26. Feb 18, 2013
    To sum up this game as quickly as possible, it's up there with the greatest, most badass games ever. The story is immensely dark, gripping and sexy while the gameplay is superb and has everything you look for in an action-rpg. Now don't get me wrong, this game does not have the length of a total fantasy experience like Skyrim but it doesn't have to be as it gives you something else just asTo sum up this game as quickly as possible, it's up there with the greatest, most badass games ever. The story is immensely dark, gripping and sexy while the gameplay is superb and has everything you look for in an action-rpg. Now don't get me wrong, this game does not have the length of a total fantasy experience like Skyrim but it doesn't have to be as it gives you something else just as great. For what you pay for, you get pure gaming awesomeness for the best price imaginable. CD Projekt has once again delivered a masterpiece! Expand
  27. Oct 22, 2011
    One of the best rpg I've played to date, re-playability aplenty free dlc by the handful what more could anyone want?

Amazing art and sound design through character and voice design. The developers obviously set out to earn your money and it shows in every detail, every fiber of the game any fan of rpgs owes it to themselves to get this game.
  28. Apr 27, 2012
    This is one of the best game I have ever played. I played the enhanced edition, and everything is as good as expected. The only thing I can complain is the game sometimes crashes, but with the design of their quick save button, I'm sure people will learn to save more often to minimize the misfortune. Although it isn't as long as the first Witcher, which lasted around 45 hours, Witcher 2This is one of the best game I have ever played. I played the enhanced edition, and everything is as good as expected. The only thing I can complain is the game sometimes crashes, but with the design of their quick save button, I'm sure people will learn to save more often to minimize the misfortune. Although it isn't as long as the first Witcher, which lasted around 45 hours, Witcher 2 still tells a good story with it's shorter length. Expand
  29. Jun 17, 2013
    Definitely not for everyone. The fighting is somewhat counter-intuitive and took a good hour to get the hang of, but now that I understand the mechanics of the fighting, I like it more than the usual left-click-fest dungeon crawlers out there. You actually need timing in this game. Spells actually make a difference but aren't so over-powered you can just sit back and play menus.

There

There are several context-sensitive menu options, such as meditating, which only appear when you're near a fire or talking to someone who can offer you shelter. Once you know this, it's fine, but the first time I was told to meditate I was pretty confused since I couldn't find a meditation option anywhere.

Once you get passed the initial learning curve, Witcher 2 is quite a lot of fun to play.
  30. Oct 27, 2013
    Simply stunning on all levels. I bought this game on release date but my hardware at the time made playing it painful. I decided to wait until I could afford a PC that justified this classic game. fast forward to 2013 and I reinstalled on my new rig. Wow jaw dropping work of art godlike THIS game is something very special and deserves to be played at max settings. Nothing compares to it.Simply stunning on all levels. I bought this game on release date but my hardware at the time made playing it painful. I decided to wait until I could afford a PC that justified this classic game. fast forward to 2013 and I reinstalled on my new rig. Wow jaw dropping work of art godlike THIS game is something very special and deserves to be played at max settings. Nothing compares to it. Everything about this game is perfect (especially since it's been patched and modded). The only thing I found initially tough was A) the sheer amount of stuff Geralt can do B) the combat takes a while to master. The Witcher 2 is breathtaking and an example of why I play games. Enjoy. Expand
  31. Nov 25, 2014
    I loved TW1. So I got this game as soon as it came out. I beat it and enjoyed every minute of the process. Its beautiful. As soon as I learned The Witcher 3 is in the works I picked it up and beat it again. This time I made all the opposite choices. Thats right! Silly me. My first game ended with me saving Triss over the king's kids with the help of Roach. I never explored all the otherI loved TW1. So I got this game as soon as it came out. I beat it and enjoyed every minute of the process. Its beautiful. As soon as I learned The Witcher 3 is in the works I picked it up and beat it again. This time I made all the opposite choices. Thats right! Silly me. My first game ended with me saving Triss over the king's kids with the help of Roach. I never explored all the other choices. My second play-through I was a freedom fighter with Iorveth who helped the non-humans carve out a kingdom. Its amazing how I could start in the same place. Make completely reasonable choices and end with such a different experience. The whole second act of the game was completely different.
    This game is mature. The characters are complex. The plot is mature. Unlike so many games where there is the clearly good option and the clearly evil option, in this game you try to do good but the choices are hard. Do you let innocent people burn to death, or do you let a bad guy get away without punishment? Choices like that.
    I do have 2 criticisms. Combat is a little hit or miss. Like the real world when the bad guys gang up on you, you are going to take a beating. Also the game is too short. Both these things were partially resolved by the FREE RELEASE of the Enhanced Edition.
    I can't wait for The Witcher 3 to come out.
  32. Jun 1, 2011
    As a hardcore Dragon Age Origins fan I hate to say this but... I suggest you buy the Witcher 2 instead of Dragon Age 2. The Witcher 2 is without a doubt a if not; THE top contender for the best RPG of the year. The developers has actually spent time developing and designing this sequel unlike those lazy bastards of BioWare and Witcher 2 is truly a great game. I suggest picking this gameAs a hardcore Dragon Age Origins fan I hate to say this but... I suggest you buy the Witcher 2 instead of Dragon Age 2. The Witcher 2 is without a doubt a if not; THE top contender for the best RPG of the year. The developers has actually spent time developing and designing this sequel unlike those lazy bastards of BioWare and Witcher 2 is truly a great game. I suggest picking this game up anyday. Expand
  33. May 31, 2014
    An EPIC journey !
    Gameplay, graphics and story all are on equal level of epicness.
    An EPIC journey !
    Gameplay, graphics and story all are on equal level of epicness.
    It's no shame to say that Witcher 2 is the GREATEST RPG game created so far. This is not a game, it is an epic adventure to live through. I am proud to be Polish because Polish people created the Witcher. Zero major flaws, great replay value (no kidding, middle of the game is entirely diffrent depending on your choices) FREE DLCs for everyone (take notes EA games!). The only flaws are very minor problems with some locations and quests, but these are kinda unavoidable because of the project scale and present in every big RPG that came out in recent years.
    The only flaw is the combat which looks a bit ridiculous at times, and the fact that the game's world isn't really that open.
    If you don't own it yet, you are seriously missing out on a great adventure.
  34. May 22, 2011
    At first I was disapointed with the fighting mechanics and poor tutorial but then I realized what a wonderful RPG this game is! Fantastic game!
    + STORY
    + DIALOGS + MUSIC + WORLD AND CHARACTER DESIGN + non-linearity + GUI estetics + map window and journal + short loading times - VERY DIFFICULT - low responsiveness - fighting mechanics - TUTORIAL - AI bugs - waiting for dead opponents to
    + STORY
    + DIALOGS
    + MUSIC
    + WORLD AND CHARACTER DESIGN
    + non-linearity
    + GUI estetics
    + map window and journal
    + short loading times

- VERY DIFFICULT
    - low responsiveness
    - fighting mechanics
    - TUTORIAL
    - AI bugs
    - waiting for dead opponents to disappear in order to harvest them...?!
  35. Sep 3, 2011
    maybe (hopefully) i'll up my score once the update 2.0 get released but as the game is now (v1.35), it is horrible. i loved the first one (a 10/10 for me) and shelled out for a second graphics card just to be able to play witcher 2 with max details. turns out - that's not the biggest issue.
    now - i don't even care (much) about gamedesign choices. i'm not particularly fond of the combat redesign (i loved the combo system - and hate those cinematic instantkills in witcher 2... they're fun a couple of times but it gets old real quick...) and i don't like how especially the main characters have become run of the mill action heroes (in terms of their physical design) instead of the humble looking geralt and the graceful looking triss from the first part.
    but... the story is still there and most features work nicely. so... nevermind those "minor" issues.
    BUT (!!!) the game is so bug-ridden, it's not even funny any more. i've talked about it with a friend who has also been a gamer for around two decades and neither of us has ever played a game with so many bugs that were there consistently. sure, you'll get the odd bug here and there in games. but e.g. the block system is completely screwed up (at least in v1.35, geralt doesn't always block if you hold E - you have about a 50/50 chance that he will actually do it), the medallion is supposed to highlight objects you can loot/interact with but again about a 50/50 chance that it will also highlight things you can't do anything with and much more (look at the technical support forum on the official website if you want a whole list...).
    there have been quite a few games that were criticized by gamers about having been rushed and letting gamers do the beta (and sometimes it maybe even feels like alpha) testing. i never read something like that about witcher 2. and i wonder: why?!
    (still looks gorgeous and most things WOULD be there. hence the still 8/10... i really hope they'll fix these things)
  36. Feb 24, 2014
    The Witcher 2 has a great story with decisions that really matter and that gives it a very high replay value, which is rare these days. The characters, music and surroundings are fantastic. There's a lot to do and discover. They also worked on the fighting mechanics and menus compared to the first game, which are still not perfect, but better (movements are too console-ish, no strafingThe Witcher 2 has a great story with decisions that really matter and that gives it a very high replay value, which is rare these days. The characters, music and surroundings are fantastic. There's a lot to do and discover. They also worked on the fighting mechanics and menus compared to the first game, which are still not perfect, but better (movements are too console-ish, no strafing etc.). The leveling/skill system has bonuses that can be aquired in many different ways and there's always something to do.

The graphics are also very good, but the engine seems to lack optimization and could perform better at times.
    Potions are pretty useless, because you can't drink them during battles and you can't always tell when a difficult fight is coming up. The boss fights are seriously tough compared to most other games, but once you get the hang of it it's all manageable.

Overall, The Witcher 2 is one of the best RPGs I've played and I'm very much looking forward to The Witcher 3.
  37. Dec 31, 2011
    The Witcher 2 has some key design failures. The inventory system is as bad as Oblivion. the fighting style is still limited to a steel sword(or whatever else) and a silver sword, and the game plays more like a hack & slash type combat plus rolling around .I do like they add traps and throwing-weapons, which will make the game significant easier when facing large crowd of monsters orThe Witcher 2 has some key design failures. The inventory system is as bad as Oblivion. the fighting style is still limited to a steel sword(or whatever else) and a silver sword, and the game plays more like a hack & slash type combat plus rolling around .I do like they add traps and throwing-weapons, which will make the game significant easier when facing large crowd of monsters or long-range enemies, but I think they should bring group sword style back or add more fight styles, because for a RPG combat, you should provide the gamer as many different approaches as possible, not limiting the combat styles. some of stupid boss fights QTEs makes the game's combat even frustrating. The witcher 2's narrative resembles most good RPGs but not very innovate, at beginning it utilize a frame narrative similar to Alpha protocol to help you to get into the story. the dialogs and interactive scenes are also presented in a similar way like mass effect, they also add some time based dialog choices, but those are nothing new. On the good side though, this game has a very strong story line with significant branching. you can expect to face a couple of hard decisions. Since I do not really have a high-end graphic card, so can not experience the extraordinary graphics of the witcher 2. I am running the game on 8800GTX , the game still looks fine on low-setting. I had about 30 frame rate, but saying this game has been perfectly crafted is overrated. you will experience a lot of lag for loading when you are running around, and the game does freeze or suddenly shut down at times. Expand
  38. May 17, 2011
    They should remove that rating from that incompetent gamer!!! It is impossible to give a game like this a 0!!! Thats like saying that barbie performed better than this awesome title!!! This game will definitely be nomintated for goty!!! Perfection is all I can say!!!
  39. Oct 4, 2012
    If you love fantasy action role-playing games his is the game for you, with grit and lore from Andrzej Sapkowski work and CD Projekt RED being a fan friendly company even throwing in the upgrade to Enhanced Edition for free when most bigger companies would charge a fee its worth the buy.
  40. CBZ
    May 20, 2011
    First of all, I'm not a fan of RPGs. This said, I absolutely love this game.
    To summarize what many others have already said, it offers great graphics, well written and engaging story and an incredibly fun gameplay. This will be with no doubts, game of the year, and it will be very hard to make a better game in the next few years.
    Its a must have.
  41. Aug 10, 2011
    My problem with this game is this: I like it too much. The game is so awesome, now I have read people saying that it doesn't have the charm that TW1 does. To me, it is the opposite, I bought TW1 in spring, before TW2 came out. I played it, since I could get it rather cheaply, to see if I could enjoy the combat system (it is rather unique for an RPG). I thought that it was ok, but I haveMy problem with this game is this: I like it too much. The game is so awesome, now I have read people saying that it doesn't have the charm that TW1 does. To me, it is the opposite, I bought TW1 in spring, before TW2 came out. I played it, since I could get it rather cheaply, to see if I could enjoy the combat system (it is rather unique for an RPG). I thought that it was ok, but I have only 3 hours logged in TW1. I have 28 hours in TW2, and they just keep rolling in.
    I will say what I dislike: I dislike the fact that it crashes sometimes, sometimes when finishing dialogue I get a black screen, sometimes my char doesn't do what I tell him to do (controls could use some work). None of those dislikes matter one bit though. I keep wanting more, I keep wanting to play more, I keep trying to figure out ways to get the graphics to look even better than they do (to me its a game that needs to be played as maxed out as possible, because it is gorgeous). I have been able to run it at max settings without uber sampling, by tweaking windows settings and such. The game is jaw droppingly beautiful. It has a distinctly RP feel to it, and you quickly get caught up in the story and all of its intricacies.

I think the best way I can put this is like this: I played TW1 and decided that TW1 and 2 was probably not for me, no harm down. I later on bought TW2 and have played it extensively since, I have decided that this game is exactly a game for me, I have also decided to try and delve deeper into the story by playing TW1 (get a save game for TW2 and then play TW2 AGAIN! hehe), and quite possibly buying the books too.

10/10 from me.
  42. Xon
    Feb 6, 2013
    All hail the Witcher!
    All hail the Witcher!
    Behold a game made by gamers for gamers. There is meticulous carre given to every inch of this game, the makers willing you on to have the time of your life. This game was made to be enjoyed and cherished. In every sense of the word a love letter to games. The company behind it not wasting time on finding new ways of milking people that already bought the game, but thinking of ways to give them more bang for their buck.
  43. Jun 29, 2015
    - Good: Writing, Story, Atmosphere, Setting, Characters, Flotsam, Side quests
    - Mixed: Gameplay, Soundtrack, Boss fights
    - Bad: UI

I like more first Witcher, but this game is still very very solid.
  44. Apr 18, 2012
    Very cinematographic and deep story telling. Gameplay is really enhanced since the first game, being this one less linear and with a pretty good system of dialogue choices. Geralt is better portrayed and the graphic quality and artistic direction have made this game the title with probably the best environments ever! To me, this game is a must have. I will give it a 9/10.
  45. Jun 10, 2013
    I was never into fantasy games but, this series caught me, I like the characters and all the background stories of them.

It's a beautiful game, but I cannot overlook the technical issues: you need to delete old saves or else it slows down loading times. It randomly crashes once in a while. I have to use JoyToKey to add inventory screen to the "back" button on the 360 pad. I need to force Anisotropic filtering trough driver, etc.

Also, the beginning is a bit too hard and might put off some players, while they shouldn't stop at the prologue, because this is a fantastic game despite it's flaws.
  46. Nov 28, 2011
    In one word: stunning. In a few more: the greatest game of 2011. The saddest part is so many people will skip playing it purely because it doesn't fall within their limited preconceptions of what sort of game they want to play, yet it is these people that could gain so much by playing it. Play it. Love it. Cherish it. PC gaming has never been so good. Arcanum and Planescape: TormentIn one word: stunning. In a few more: the greatest game of 2011. The saddest part is so many people will skip playing it purely because it doesn't fall within their limited preconceptions of what sort of game they want to play, yet it is these people that could gain so much by playing it. Play it. Love it. Cherish it. PC gaming has never been so good. Arcanum and Planescape: Torment lookout. This series has it's eyes fixated on severly knocking on the door and boldly proclaiming that it is possible to beat nostalgia and you don't need a crowbar to do it. Expand
  47. May 17, 2011
    david gaider voted zero for this game.

just check this link: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/David_Gaider

this is getting ridiculous and bioware is slowly becoming the most hated studio if they go on like that. terrible losers they are.

48. Jun 19, 2015
    One of the best looking games I have ever played. Crysis tier graphics combined with gameplay that is far more engaging than the first witcher game make this one of the best games I've played in recent years.

The story takes a moment to get going but once it does it never slows down. True to the first game in the series you can still bang hookers, get drunk and gamble your money away. But unlike the first game, the combat is far more complex.

In combat it is similar to dark souls in the sense that you have a light attack, strong attack, and can roll to dodge attacks. There are more difficulty levels and there is actual coordination involved instead of just knowing potions/stances to use at a certain time. On top of the swordplay there are bombs and traps you can craft and purchase, traps being sort of a niche item that I ended up not using much. All in all the combat is a lot of fun and far less tedious than the first game. The only thing about this game I didn't care for was you are unable to drink potions in the midst of combat.

A lot of old friends show up in the second game, there is a definite sense of continuity, largely because the end of the first game carries right over into the major conflict of the second. Once again Geralt carefully trying to stay on the edge of politics, yet someone is always dragging him into it.

This game takes almost everything that the Witcher had and makes it better. While some people may be turned off by the lack of a character creator, the story this game has to tell of Geralt the Witcher is far more interesting than the nameless self-insert the RPG industry is usually prone to these days.

Near perfect with lots of different ways to play and level, plus a combat arena mini game if you want to just fight waves of monsters over and over.
  49. May 19, 2011
    The Witcher 2 is an Excellent game! Expands the story very well and the overall combat is much more fun to master than its predecessor. Its also great to see that developer puts so much care into its product and still give the hardcore pc gamers what they want.
  50. Oct 7, 2011
    The Witcher 2 is an exceptional RPG. The story itself is long and extremely well written, it's executed perfectly, it's almost readable like a book. The combat is fun and challenging as much as it is rewarding. The atmosphere is lush and graphically impressive. What this game doesn't have is a character creation system. But guess what-- it doesn't even need one. Geralt is an indefinitelyThe Witcher 2 is an exceptional RPG. The story itself is long and extremely well written, it's executed perfectly, it's almost readable like a book. The combat is fun and challenging as much as it is rewarding. The atmosphere is lush and graphically impressive. What this game doesn't have is a character creation system. But guess what-- it doesn't even need one. Geralt is an indefinitely example of a real character, he's simple minded, charismatic and strong willed and he's one hell of a monster slayer. Expand
  51. Jul 9, 2011
    Not as good as the first part IMHO, but still a very good game. Basically I'd like it to be slightly longer and not have certain inconsistencies and sudden jumps of the plot. Love the new fighting system, graphics are awesome, most parts of the game glue you to the screen. There are no more issues with having to fight the drowned dead all the time, which was irritating in the first partNot as good as the first part IMHO, but still a very good game. Basically I'd like it to be slightly longer and not have certain inconsistencies and sudden jumps of the plot. Love the new fighting system, graphics are awesome, most parts of the game glue you to the screen. There are no more issues with having to fight the drowned dead all the time, which was irritating in the first part (per game mechanics and there constant respawning regardless of yout level, shouldn't they just run away?). Some memorable characters, primarily Roche. On the down side, I really wished that more characters were more develped in this game. Expand
  52. Jun 10, 2011
    The Witcher 2 truly is a great sequel to an already wonderful game, the combat finally makes sense and the story is exhilarating. Shame about about the ending though.
  53. May 19, 2011
    Great and challenging from the start! Never been a fan of Witcher franchise, but it is what it is. A great game with great gameplay, stunning graphics, and intriguing plot. Sure we have first nominee for Best RPG 2011. Still waiting for Skyrim thou.

Great work CDProject!
  54. May 17, 2011
    best rpg of the year by far....bioware, learn from this...witcher 2 is amazing gin every single way. Yes, the ending may not be as good, and combat may not be the best, but in terms of story line, choices and gameplay, bioware doesnt hold a candle to cd project! all the way with the witcher 2~!!
  55. Jun 7, 2011
    I have really enjoyed playing this game surprisingly as I didn't enjoy The Witcher 1 very much. My poor computer has struggled to run this game on the lowest settings and don't get me started on how long it takes to escape to menu screen but apart from those problems I have enjoyed myself a lot. I really loved the many choices with lots of different consequences.

I loved the love scene

I loved the love scene with Triss, so romantic (sigh) I am so pleased there is so much replay value in trying to see what happens when I make this choice and so on...

Im going to score this higher than dragon age 2, even though Im really a Bioware fan I think the team that made The Witcher 2 did a much better job than the team that did DA2.

I love the detail in the armours and dresses, they are beautifully designed and really look practical and classy. The crafting is fun and my only problem is I wish i had some sort of money cheat as I would love to be able to buy everything I see in the shops! :D

Oh and the story is really good too. I think everyone should try this game out, its a lot of fun!
  56. May 20, 2011
    Fun combat, mature storytelling thats actually mature, choices that matter with real consequences, and likable well fleshed out characters make this an obvious candidate for GOTY. It really lives up to the hype and expectations, but unfortunately bugs, shoddy AI, and an engine that could be optimized better prevent it from getting a 10 by me.
  57. Sep 16, 2013
    This is a very good RPG. My primary gripe with The Witcher 2 is that the decision to use one key/button for nearly every action means that the controls take on a muddy feel. Since the player uses the same key to swing their sword that they use to climb a stair or loot a corpse, there's an awkward delay between fighting and action that, over the course of a very long game, becomes aThis is a very good RPG. My primary gripe with The Witcher 2 is that the decision to use one key/button for nearly every action means that the controls take on a muddy feel. Since the player uses the same key to swing their sword that they use to climb a stair or loot a corpse, there's an awkward delay between fighting and action that, over the course of a very long game, becomes a little frustrating. Otherwise, it's a great game with tons of replayability. Expand
  58. Jun 14, 2013
    Polish creators made something impossible. After a great game they made even better one. The Witcher 2 is absolutely the best game in the world. Much better than also brilliant first part but also quite different. Here we have much more skill fight, more intensive movement and dodge. Plot is awesome, gameplay is magical and everything here has a great magic in it. You will fall into thisPolish creators made something impossible. After a great game they made even better one. The Witcher 2 is absolutely the best game in the world. Much better than also brilliant first part but also quite different. Here we have much more skill fight, more intensive movement and dodge. Plot is awesome, gameplay is magical and everything here has a great magic in it. You will fall into this game for many hours and after the ending credits You will sit with Your mouth open. Expand
  59. Jul 20, 2011
    I great game, very fun to play with a nice, non linear story with lots of choices, enjoyable combat and pretty graphics. But it's in no way perfect. Half of the time I'm wondering around looking for this thing I'm supposed to find or person to talk to for a quest, for me, a lot of things were hard to find, and the interface was pretty bad, just drinking a potion takes ages and I must haveI great game, very fun to play with a nice, non linear story with lots of choices, enjoyable combat and pretty graphics. But it's in no way perfect. Half of the time I'm wondering around looking for this thing I'm supposed to find or person to talk to for a quest, for me, a lot of things were hard to find, and the interface was pretty bad, just drinking a potion takes ages and I must have only used the Cat potion (night vision) throughout the entire game, they're pointless. Player training pretty much sucks, since the tutorial page for what you wanted to do only appears after you've done it, for example, I had no idea what to do with these 'mutagen' items, double clicking them only tells me I can't use them in that menu, but refuses to tell me where I do use it. It was only nearing the end of the game I found out that you apply them to specific character upgrades once you level up. In chapter 1 there is a decision that decides which way the game goes, meaning picking the first option gives a completely different way to reach the end, while I did enjoy the game, I probably wouldnâ Expand
  60. Mar 26, 2012
    Likely one of the best RPGs I've ever played, and I've played most of the major ones of the last decade (DAO, Oblivion, Skyrim, Deus Ex: HR). What's most remarkable is how your choices truly do have a major impact on the world: it's not a gimmick or half-gimmick like so many modern RPGs (which often give you the illusion of choice, then railroad your choices as you approach the ending). ItLikely one of the best RPGs I've ever played, and I've played most of the major ones of the last decade (DAO, Oblivion, Skyrim, Deus Ex: HR). What's most remarkable is how your choices truly do have a major impact on the world: it's not a gimmick or half-gimmick like so many modern RPGs (which often give you the illusion of choice, then railroad your choices as you approach the ending). It certainly should have scored higher than Dragon Age: Origins, that's a testament to the flaws of "expert" reviews. Expand
  61. Jun 1, 2011
    Follow up review. After having played through the entire game twice (and going back for a third), I feel this is the best game I've played so far this year and well into last year. Graphics are terrific with an amazing amount of detail. Gameplay is easy to learn, hard to master. Cut-scenes are well-placed and non-intrusive. The story is intreguing and, best of all, it doesn't holdFollow up review. After having played through the entire game twice (and going back for a third), I feel this is the best game I've played so far this year and well into last year. Graphics are terrific with an amazing amount of detail. Gameplay is easy to learn, hard to master. Cut-scenes are well-placed and non-intrusive. The story is intreguing and, best of all, it doesn't hold your hand like you're a mentally-challanged 10 year-old. This is truly what PC gaming is all about, brought to the next level. Has similarities to DA2, but beats the pants off of it in all respects. For those publications that rated this lower than a 9 (and lower than other inferior big-name games), any reasonably intelligent reader knows whose hands are dirty here. Expand
  62. Sep 30, 2011
    With the release of Patch 2.0 I think this game deserves the 10 point. The amounts of extra content they have put in is amazing, for free too! I think this is the GOTY of this year. You can barely find any glitch in the game despite the size of it. Bioware can start taking notes, dammit! This is what a complete, great RPG is.
  63. May 18, 2011
    This is going to be GOTY in the RPG category. TW1 was already in a class of its own, but TW2 is even better. After the disappointing DA2, this is really an RPG you shouldn't miss.
  64. Feb 11, 2012
    I would say 9.5 but I'll round up to 10. This game isn't PERFECT, but it's amazing. Great story, great sound, great functionality - I think I had a bug once? I don't really remember. It was minor. Better programmed than blockbuser 100 million dollar titles, better looking, more fun, more interesting, more new. This is one of those games that will live on in my memories fondly. I'm aI would say 9.5 but I'll round up to 10. This game isn't PERFECT, but it's amazing. Great story, great sound, great functionality - I think I had a bug once? I don't really remember. It was minor. Better programmed than blockbuser 100 million dollar titles, better looking, more fun, more interesting, more new. This is one of those games that will live on in my memories fondly. I'm a huge fan of other games like ME1, ME2 and many other RPGs that really blew me out of the water much like this one. I was extremely disappointed to see this wasn't even on the LIST of GOTY from BAFTA for 2011. I am a long-term hardcore battlefield fan and fan of other series on that list, but this game beats them all hands down and I'm sure many others would agree. Expand
  65. Sep 21, 2013
    I've been a gamer for 20 years now, since baldur's gate days i played every RPG out there, and this is one of the best RPG adventure game i played, i hope they make a witcher 3.
  66. Nov 19, 2011
    W2 is amazing. In almost every detail. It has the depth that most of today's games lack. It tries hard where most of his competition is lazy to the point of absurd. And the most important one - this one is for the adults. Don't get me wrong. It don't see anything wrong with a teenager and W2. Feel free and enjoy. All I'm saying is that this game is, IMHO of course, more rewarding to theW2 is amazing. In almost every detail. It has the depth that most of today's games lack. It tries hard where most of his competition is lazy to the point of absurd. And the most important one - this one is for the adults. Don't get me wrong. It don't see anything wrong with a teenager and W2. Feel free and enjoy. All I'm saying is that this game is, IMHO of course, more rewarding to the older audience. It's like good ol' days are back in one of the most beautiful visuals ever.

But! About the game: visuals are, as stated before, stunning even on lower settings. It's playable on a bit older rigs and kudos to the CDPR for that. The characters aren't one-dimensional, just like almost every decision you make in this game. The outcome is different everytime, but I had trouble picking my road for this experience (darn you CDPR for the time limit for that! :) ) more than once.

The story blooms with every step you make, except the finale which looks like someone in the developer studio overslept the script, suddenly woke up, looked at the clock and yelled: "sh*t, it's almost complete. wrap things up and let's call it a finale!"
    I know that W3 is coming and it'll probably end in a better fashion, but nevertheless - such game deserves a better ending (and the final decision about your enemy... god dammit, the idea itself was awful!).

Apart from that, there are no major flaws in this game You want to give it a second or third spin.
    It's a journey worth taking and admiring. Really. Stop once in a while and look around you. If you've got a decent gaming rig, you'll do that more often than me and will be mesmerised.

All that was wrong in W1 turned out good here, all that was good there, went excellent here. This is how a proper sequel should be made. Kudos CD Projekt Red - a job trully well done.
  67. Jun 27, 2013
    Great graphics, a good story, and a highly mature, realistic appraisal of a fantasy universe. Combine this with mod support, responsive combat, and creative dungeon/landscape design, and you have a superb game.

The only downside is, ironically, related to the graphics. The Witcher 2 uses only DX9, rather than DX10 or DX11, and this means that it's virtually impossible to use Anisotropic Filtering on Parallaxed textures. In simpler terms, this means that some textures are blurry when viewed at an angle.
  68. Jun 2, 2011
    Incredible game, sadly marred by some design issues. Don't get me wrong, besides a few little things, this game is a 10. No, not a 10 like critics hand out left right and middle. I mean a REAL 10/10. The story is fantastically good. I got pulled in within the first minute, and I'm not easy to pull in. The graphics are out of this world. The atmosphere, the world, the detail, it all shows aIncredible game, sadly marred by some design issues. Don't get me wrong, besides a few little things, this game is a 10. No, not a 10 like critics hand out left right and middle. I mean a REAL 10/10. The story is fantastically good. I got pulled in within the first minute, and I'm not easy to pull in. The graphics are out of this world. The atmosphere, the world, the detail, it all shows a staggering amount of care in its development. The voice acting, which some seem to think could be improved, is fully sufficient in my opinion. This is a game, not a movie.

Sadly there are a few things that are simply done wrong in this game. Quicktime events, which reek of console and taking the player for a 9-year-old, in an adult game, with nudity and STRONG language. And then there is the interface, like looting, which is fairly cumbersome, and finally, combat is clunky at times (and most of the time it is great). For these 3 blemishes on what is otherwise a TRUE MASTERPIECE, I remove 0.5/10 each, for a total of -1.5 on what would otherwise be a solid 10/10.

Overall it is a truly great game, one you will enjoy tremendously if you aren't extremely picky about controls and interface.
  69. May 18, 2011
    Amazing game, full of graphical splendor and deep storytelling. I really can't endorse this product enough, this will be an instant classic for any RPG fan.
    I also have to mention the savegame carry-over system. Save games change EVERYTHING based on what you did in the last game, a really satisfying experience for long-time fans.
  70. Nov 3, 2011
    Wow I was really amazed by that game. Story-wise this game is same level of interest if not better than assassins creed series.
    Its Best RPG i have ever played. incredible graphics.
    It had greater level of impression on me than when dragon age origins came out. 10+/10 diablo 2 < Dragon age 2 < Dragon Age Origins < Witcher 2 there is Baldurs Gate game that i havent played, and witcher To
    Its Best RPG i have ever played. incredible graphics.
    It had greater level of impression on me than when dragon age origins came out.
    10+/10
    diablo 2 < Dragon age 2 < Dragon Age Origins < Witcher 2
    there is Baldurs Gate game that i havent played, and witcher
    To beat this game, Blizzard and Bioware Betheda and others would have to work really hard
  71. Nov 14, 2011
    This game is closes it gets to prefect score I would ever give!!!! Absolutely stunning graphics, adrenalin rushing fights. Everything in this game is just wonderful. After you finish this game I promise you will want to play again! Games like this make me a proud gamer! Story is deep and good as before! Sound is top notch. Oh did I said it's sexy, funny and bloody? Oh yeah! Now go! You gotThis game is closes it gets to prefect score I would ever give!!!! Absolutely stunning graphics, adrenalin rushing fights. Everything in this game is just wonderful. After you finish this game I promise you will want to play again! Games like this make me a proud gamer! Story is deep and good as before! Sound is top notch. Oh did I said it's sexy, funny and bloody? Oh yeah! Now go! You got to have this game! Expand
  72. Nov 13, 2012
    Very enjoyable sequel to a fantastic game! If you liked The Witcher, you'll love The Witcher 2. The combat is well paced and the story is brilliant wrote, the voice acting is good too.
  73. Feb 24, 2014
    The Witcher 2 is one of very few games I'd give a 10/10. It improves on its predecessor dramatically, while retaining what was good about it. Combat system is incredibly versatile. It's literally the only RPG I've played where I didn't just prefer and concentrate on one aspect of the combat (such as physical sword/shield or Magic). No, in this game I used regular sword combat, potions,The Witcher 2 is one of very few games I'd give a 10/10. It improves on its predecessor dramatically, while retaining what was good about it. Combat system is incredibly versatile. It's literally the only RPG I've played where I didn't just prefer and concentrate on one aspect of the combat (such as physical sword/shield or Magic). No, in this game I used regular sword combat, potions, bombs, traps, AND signs. Some battles were tough enough that you had to get creative and think beforehand, which is awesome and exactly how a strategic RPG should play out. I heard that some people complained about the steep learning curve. While I didn't personally have a problem with it playing on dark difficulty, that's perhaps because I was introduced to the series with The Witcher. I've played TW2 both with a m/k setup, and with a controller. As a rule for all but RTS games, I usually prefer a controller, but this game plays well either way. Graphics are gorgeous, though a few lighting elements are slightly annoying.

Where this game really shines is the mature story and character relationships/personas. Choices actually matter and have great impact (I mean, the game completely diverges for a third of the game based on one choice).

Overall, a fantastic game for anyone who loves story-driven RPGs.
  74. Apr 1, 2015
    It's a good game, but a bit overrated in my opinion. I wanted to give a 7.5/10. I think from a CRPG point of view the first The Witcher was slightly better. Frankly I am not all that impressed with the combat system in The Witcher 2. The animations feel slow and I don't always feel in control of the character. I wonder if this has to do with console compatibility. Somehow this feels likeIt's a good game, but a bit overrated in my opinion. I wanted to give a 7.5/10. I think from a CRPG point of view the first The Witcher was slightly better. Frankly I am not all that impressed with the combat system in The Witcher 2. The animations feel slow and I don't always feel in control of the character. I wonder if this has to do with console compatibility. Somehow this feels like it was made with controllers in mind.

There seem to be less options in character development than in the first one.

The story is good and choices are meaningfull. Graphics are very detailed but somehow they annoy me. If this game had the art design and crisp combat of Dark Souls II it would have been perfect.
  75. May 18, 2011
    Wow. I actually said that out load when I started playing this game. I have the PC version and havnt yet tried the other console versions but I can easily say that the graphics are the best that I have ever seen. Blows Crysis, DAO(and 2) and even Metro 2033 out of the water. The "ubersample" settings are amazing and just make it even better, although be warned you need a bigtime rig. AsideWow. I actually said that out load when I started playing this game. I have the PC version and havnt yet tried the other console versions but I can easily say that the graphics are the best that I have ever seen. Blows Crysis, DAO(and 2) and even Metro 2033 out of the water. The "ubersample" settings are amazing and just make it even better, although be warned you need a bigtime rig. Aside from graphics the style of the game just drew me in. I was in that world, I was Geralt. I havnt beaten the game yet but the story is fantastic with some pretty amazing plot lines, characters and UNLIKE DA2 varied settings that make you believe. The interface was a bit clumsy at first but I have gotten used to it now and forging weapons, potions and adding upgrades seems easy now. This will win game of the year, unless the folks at Bethesda top it with Skyrim. Perhaps the people at EA(Bioware) can take a look at the Witcher 2 and understand how a gritty yet beautiful game is created. Expand
  76. May 18, 2011
    Graphics, dialogues (I'm playing with polish dubs), animations, the world - all of that is made of pure win, just as everyone says. So let me tell you what I did NOT like about the Witcher 2 so far (about 10hrs of gameplay).

Combat system is a huge downer for me, because even though there seems to be a decent sytem underneath, the super-fast pacing of the combat does not really give me any time to properly learn and utilize it. I am dying a LOT because of that (medium diff.) and combat often feels like a semi-random button smashing.
    Interfaces, while slick in design, are lacking in functionality - ability to compare equipment you are about to buy with stuff you have equipped at the moment is nonexistent, better recipes/plans sorting would be handy, but is absent as well, junk is only visible in "all" section of the inventory and you cant sell it all with one click, etc...
    Oh, and the HW requirements.. I was just fine with my GTS250 1GB until now >_< but W2 looks appropriately good, so... never mind that :)

Well, it will probably still manage to snatch best RPG of 2011 title, since Bioware does not even try these days (and their RPGs are basically just Kotor clones anyway), Skyrim will likely end up sterile and empty as any other TES game so far, Dark Souls..is a bit different kind of beast, and who knows when Risen 2 is going to be released.

I also have to say that so far, I liked the first Witcher more, mainly because it did not punish me for my slow reflexes all the time, just for my bad decisions. (Which is just fine and bioware (and western rpg makers in general) should learn to punish players for bad decisions, not just hand them everything on a silver platter.) Sure, Witcher 2 looks, sounds, is animated and voiced much better, but the first one is pretty decent in these areas too and nothing of that makes the core of RPG gameplay.
  77. Nov 14, 2011
    a compeling story with much action and beauty. Graphics are breathtaking and the gameplay the same. amazing fight scenes and fluid controls. With a new arena mode and constant free DLC's what more can you ask for?
  78. May 8, 2012
    A great game with unparalleled, stunning graphics, uniquely deep, breathtaking story, amazing music, and horrible interface and silly single-character centered combat, this envisioning of a dark medieval fantasy is definitely something to visit. There is little equal to this as far as characters, world lore or storyline are concerned. The RolePlay factor is very high - while you do not getA great game with unparalleled, stunning graphics, uniquely deep, breathtaking story, amazing music, and horrible interface and silly single-character centered combat, this envisioning of a dark medieval fantasy is definitely something to visit. There is little equal to this as far as characters, world lore or storyline are concerned. The RolePlay factor is very high - while you do not get a sandbox world, your characters decisions reshape the storyline completely, creating a much more branched story tree than is the case with "open world" RPGs such as Skyrim. But do not expect a flawless experience: the combat is boring, interface needlessly complex, inventory downright unusable - results of a minor studio trying to do too much at the same time. It plays much, much less smoothly than, say, DA:O, but it is much deeper and less fantasy-generic. Simply put, value-for-money: if you're shopping for an RPG at the bargain area of less than 20EUR, do not hesitate for a second. Even if you set difficulty at easy and just breeze through the branching story, it is absolutely worth it. Expand
  79. Nov 21, 2014
    The world of witcher is incredibly intriguing and rich. Monarchs being **** people are out to get others, violence, corruption, etc. I am amazed that such a short game can give me all of that, and I am eager to learn more. Its multiple paths tell the story from different perspectives, and your actions actually have consequences that you would care about during the game, and that is a rareThe world of witcher is incredibly intriguing and rich. Monarchs being **** people are out to get others, violence, corruption, etc. I am amazed that such a short game can give me all of that, and I am eager to learn more. Its multiple paths tell the story from different perspectives, and your actions actually have consequences that you would care about during the game, and that is a rare find in recent games, or any games. There are characters that I actually grow to love and care about, which is great.

Releasing the Enhanced Edition for free is just CDPR being awesome towards players. The side quests are fun things, unlike some of the "MMO quests" adopted by a certain company. They might be similar but you do feel the difference as each type of monsters need a different means to exterminate.

Downsides: combat wise it feels like the PC gains more powerful too quickly and scales out of control, and the actiony combat can be repetitive. Also the game's system requirements are ridiculous and I still sometimes get lags on a PC I bought 3 years after its release. The more save files you have, the longer loading screens you experience - definitely an issue (I have to manually delete saves outside of the game as deleting inside is a chore). Also the game is too short, which gives me a sad face.
  80. Jun 21, 2013
    Pretty epic game and improves upon The Witcher in several ways. The developers put a lot of time and effort into this game. Another AAA RPG that is best played on the PC
  81. Dec 21, 2015
    One of the best games ever made. Has an incredible cast of characters in a well woven story, this story will intrigue you and motivate you through the entire game. The combat is quite good and a nice change from the rhythmic pace of the Witcher 1. You need to play this game, it is a masterpiece and has an incredible soundtrack
  82. May 19, 2011
    This game is a work of art. One can easily tell how much heart and soul the developers put into this game. The voice dialogue is vastly improved over the previous game, and the story telling seems to possess more character. The combat now makes more sense where you can better make use of your parrying and dodge functions. The character movements and animations now seem a lot more fluidThis game is a work of art. One can easily tell how much heart and soul the developers put into this game. The voice dialogue is vastly improved over the previous game, and the story telling seems to possess more character. The combat now makes more sense where you can better make use of your parrying and dodge functions. The character movements and animations now seem a lot more fluid and realistic. The music, like the original Witcher, is still memorable enough to keep your attention for hours at a time. Definitely worth playing if you have a good enough system to run this beast. Expand
  83. May 17, 2011
    I have no doubt in my mind that this game will be rpg of the year if not game of the year,the story is amazing the voice acting is superb,your choices have real and long lasting consequences on the game world,the graphics are top notch and music is very atmospheric,this game is very close to being perfect if I was going to level any kind of criticism,it would be that the stealth sectionsI have no doubt in my mind that this game will be rpg of the year if not game of the year,the story is amazing the voice acting is superb,your choices have real and long lasting consequences on the game world,the graphics are top notch and music is very atmospheric,this game is very close to being perfect if I was going to level any kind of criticism,it would be that the stealth sections arent as great as the rest of the game,they arent bad but when you compare to how great everything else is then you do notice Collapse
  84. Jun 11, 2011
    The best RPG I've played in years. It takes a bit of patience to learn the game as there isn't much of a tutorial, but once you understand everything it's a masterpiece. The story is fantastic, the graphics are amazing, even the side-quests are well crafted and will keep you interested.
  85. Jun 6, 2011
    This games is a triumph. Also very different from it's amazing predecessor it is more focused, more epic and it gives you more choice while at the same time it makes you feel like a small piece of wood on a stormy ocean. After finishing it once i have immediately restarted it. And i feel the same excitement i felt when i first installed it. It is a once in a lifetime experience thatThis games is a triumph. Also very different from it's amazing predecessor it is more focused, more epic and it gives you more choice while at the same time it makes you feel like a small piece of wood on a stormy ocean. After finishing it once i have immediately restarted it. And i feel the same excitement i felt when i first installed it. It is a once in a lifetime experience that should be played by everyone. I would especially recommend this to young players despite it's mature content. It is a lesson about life and it s a lesson about gaming. What it was and what it should be. 10/10. GOTY. Best RPG of this decade so far! Expand
  86. May 26, 2011
    Did you like the first game? Well like myself you will more than likely LOVE the sequel. Hell even if you didn't like the first game this is worth giving a go, the combat has received a radical overhaul; from the addition of ranged weapons such as bombs, traps, the new sign or the fact it is actual fighting this time round rather than just one-button combat. The lore in the Witcher seriesDid you like the first game? Well like myself you will more than likely LOVE the sequel. Hell even if you didn't like the first game this is worth giving a go, the combat has received a radical overhaul; from the addition of ranged weapons such as bombs, traps, the new sign or the fact it is actual fighting this time round rather than just one-button combat. The lore in the Witcher series is simply fantastic, from the rich variety of monsters to the religions and various regions within the game, I personally find the series incredibly immersive and it even convinced me to buy the novels the series is based on, which are also excellent. The best part of the game without a shadow of a doubt is the moral choices you make; your action in one section of the game may have rewarding or perhaps dire outcomes later on without you realising earlier on, it makes you feel you really do have an effect on the world. The mini-games such as dice-poker, arm-wrestling and fist fights are also a great little past time and a great way to earn Geralt a bit of cash. Of course the game isn't perfect; the odd bug here and there and the occasionally glitchy animation but nothing to ruin your experience. Any RPG fan should purchase this game, although my biggest criticism is the difficulty of the learning curve, the game actually starts very hard but eases off as you progress. Expand
  87. Dec 31, 2011
    Cd project one more time give us an excellent modern rpg with a complex deep story. Cd project create again a high quality game with fantastic graphics, excellent sound and a very good gameplay. A must play for all rpg fans
  88. Jan 21, 2016
    This was my second favorite RPG of all time, after Mass Effect 2, now after The Witcher 3, it has gone down to third. One of the things that i like the most about this game, was once more, the Storytelling and the writing itself, the dialogue, and situations, are probably thing that would make Andrzej proud. I just love this game as a hole, and once again, its biggest problem, is itsThis was my second favorite RPG of all time, after Mass Effect 2, now after The Witcher 3, it has gone down to third. One of the things that i like the most about this game, was once more, the Storytelling and the writing itself, the dialogue, and situations, are probably thing that would make Andrzej proud. I just love this game as a hole, and once again, its biggest problem, is its difficulty, because fighting a **** KRAKEN in the first 5 hours isn"t that fun when you have to die a lot... But since it's not has OP has the first one, is quite nice that i can play it just dying like, less times than the first one. 10/10 Expand
  89. May 18, 2012
    Let me start off by saying this game is not for everyone. If you want a lot of choice and open world exploration this may not be what you're looking for. This is also not an easy game to follow; I frequently felt lost in the story and kept mixing up all the places and characters etc and I've played The Witcher 1. Finally, the combat is not easy, and depending on which options you choose atLet me start off by saying this game is not for everyone. If you want a lot of choice and open world exploration this may not be what you're looking for. This is also not an easy game to follow; I frequently felt lost in the story and kept mixing up all the places and characters etc and I've played The Witcher 1. Finally, the combat is not easy, and depending on which options you choose at the start, you could be in for a baptism by fire.

If you can get past these issues, then you will find a gem of a game that shines bright in a genre of wannabes and pretenders. This game makes BioWare games look tame and pedestrian in comparison. Where BioWare toes the line with sex, racism, language, and other racy topics, The Witcher 2 breaks through all barriers. This game does not mince words and it will make the competition just seem bland when you see how raw and honest it feels. From the graphics, which are visceral and gorgeous to the dialogue to the atmosphere to the amazing music, the Witcher 2 nails it. This is the type of game that you play and then every other RPG seems less fun and you wonder how you ever withstood the dialogue and melodrama. it breaks the cookie-cutter molds of RPGs that you see released like Madden games.

In many ways it reminds me of Knights of the Old Republic; KOTOR was a game that brought Western RPGs back into the mainstream in an industry dominated by cutesy Japanese animes.

In summary, this game is different. For better or worse it tried to do something amazing and that will alienate some people but I loved it and heartily recommend it to any fan of the genre.
  90. May 17, 2011
    Its definitely one of the best games i have ever played. Complex and mature story, fantastic fighting system, beautiful graphics ... this game simply have it all. Game of the year for me
  91. Jun 20, 2011
    Brilliant game! A huge and very detailed world. A complex and inspired story that your character can actually influence. Depending on your choices you can get completely different quests in the second chapter, making your second playthrough feel like a different game. The story consistent and immersive, mature and morally ambiguous. The quests are highly varied, original, dramatic andBrilliant game! A huge and very detailed world. A complex and inspired story that your character can actually influence. Depending on your choices you can get completely different quests in the second chapter, making your second playthrough feel like a different game. The story consistent and immersive, mature and morally ambiguous. The quests are highly varied, original, dramatic and frequently surprising. True to its genre, you are playing a role here and it's a good one. Expand
  92. Feb 5, 2013
    I need to mention this especially since a sale is going on right now.

You need 8 gigs of ready ram to run this, so if you just have 8 gigs of sticks ready in your computer, your not gonna be able to run this because other programs are gonna use it. Upgrade to 12 to make sure you can run this. I get a low framerate on a 5700 which is expected with a resolution of about 1280-720. There
    I need to mention this especially since a sale is going on right now.

Upgrade to 12 to make sure you can run this. I get a low framerate on a 5700 which is expected with a resolution of about 1280-720. There are not any graphics options that can tweak this so bear all this in mind.

I can run crysis 2 in direct x 11 with the official texture and tesselation packs on ultra with around 25-30 FPS witcher 2 is about 24ish.

As for the game, can't exactly play it but that's kind of a problem, gonna give it an 8 but take that with a grain of salt (I have to submit a review nonetheless to put out this message).
  93. Mar 16, 2014
    One of the greatest games ever made, every thing about this game is excellent. The attention to detail that CD Projekt had during this project is obvious. It is one of the best looking games around, and the gameplay is surprisingly great (considering that sword-based combat games usually lack in that department), the story is fantastic and wonderfully voice acted. This is one of the bestOne of the greatest games ever made, every thing about this game is excellent. The attention to detail that CD Projekt had during this project is obvious. It is one of the best looking games around, and the gameplay is surprisingly great (considering that sword-based combat games usually lack in that department), the story is fantastic and wonderfully voice acted. This is one of the best games ever made. 10/10! Expand
  94. Apr 27, 2013
    No other game can compete with the Witcher 2 's narration. Perhaps a game like Uncharted has a cinematically superior method of presenting the story, but the Witcher 2 has the best story ever. The game is over 30 hours long. It stays in a chapter for a while, but doesn't overstay its welcome. The gameplay is phenomenal to say the least. The 3 different specializations (swordplay, magic,No other game can compete with the Witcher 2 's narration. Perhaps a game like Uncharted has a cinematically superior method of presenting the story, but the Witcher 2 has the best story ever. The game is over 30 hours long. It stays in a chapter for a while, but doesn't overstay its welcome. The gameplay is phenomenal to say the least. The 3 different specializations (swordplay, magic, alchemy) totally change the approach you must take in combat, each of which are awesome to experience. Expand
  95. Sep 13, 2013
    A truly epic achievement in the RPG genre. Enjoyed every bit of it. mature, action pack and full of great dialogue. I would have given it a 10 if it weren't for the fact that it was a very very short game...:C
  96. oso
    Feb 17, 2013
    This is how modern RPGs should look like. It has reference graphics, a enjoyable story and great characters. Don't expect an open world though. You go straight from location to location but there are several decisions that have major effekt on the story. Gameplay mechanics are great once you mastered it.
  97. Feb 27, 2012
    Got it by the case and was set up critical. But totally changed my mind so soon..
    One of the greatest games ever. Same rank as Mass Effect. Enjoyed from beginning to the end and still want to play it again different storyline. Great game.
  98. Jun 15, 2012
    Actually, apretty good game. The graphics are superb, as are the sound effects.
    The story is axcellent, but the story-telling not so much. Obviously afraid to give out too much information ahead of time, this game gives you not enough during the course of the game to fully immerse you.
    And then, the ending rushes it just a bit too much to make this a truly great game.
  99. May 7, 2015
    in terms of gameplay this game might have gone a little backwards compared to witcher 1 but in other terms it is still a very fun, deep and hard-to-forget game. probably the most sophisticated and grown-up rpg game in the last couple of years.
  100. Sep 4, 2015
    Compared to "The Witcher", "The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings" has: worse plot, harder battle system, less monsters, less characters, less quests, smaller territories, less boss battles, bad potions, less dungeons (if you can call those caves a dungeon), no "cards", buggy engine but good graphics.
    Would vote no more than 7 if there were no 2 possible walkthrough paths and I wasn't subjective (but I am).
  101. May 17, 2011