6.2

1. MikeW.
    Oct 1, 2007
    It took me a bit of time & effort to get this baby to run smoothly, but if your a serious wargamer and enjoy realistic wargames such as the Close Combat series of games then this is the one for you. Having tried Sqad Assault, Combat mission and all the other WW2 games out there, finding them all lacking in some way or another this is the first title to satisfy me since playing ladder It took me a bit of time & effort to get this baby to run smoothly, but if your a serious wargamer and enjoy realistic wargames such as the Close Combat series of games then this is the one for you. Having tried Sqad Assault, Combat mission and all the other WW2 games out there, finding them all lacking in some way or another this is the first title to satisfy me since playing ladder games on cc3! Expand

1. Its tactical focus and total absence of resource gathering or base building make the learning curve a little twisty for tank-rush types. However, the authenticity and atmosphere bring the Second World War to life in impressive fashion.
  2. Thinking gamers will appreciate the fact that Theatre of War presents them with a series of tactical problems rather than simply a chance to rack up the body counts. And anyone who's been jaded by the ease of other mainstream RTS franchises will enjoy the fact that this is a game that doesn't coddle its players.
    The environments, repetitive though they are, are simply stunning.