Tiny & Big: Grandpa's Leftovers PC

7.4

1. Jan 25, 2016
    A fun little puzzle/platformer style game with some unique tools that help allow the player to reshape the environment. I played the game with a keyboard and mouse and had some trouble negotiating a few of the trickier jumps. The game is quite linear and you can't back-track so if you miss a secret too bad. Overall, it's a short, inexpensive but fun indie game to while away some free time.
  2. Jun 6, 2015
    You can push blocks, lazer blocks, and you can use the claw to move blocks. How can you not like this puzzle game? In Tiny and Big they have hidden little Easter eggs and also hidden areas you can go to (and get secret achievements) if you want to wonder off and not finish the mission/level as soon as possible. The game also has small side quest's in which you can collect all the mix tapesYou can push blocks, lazer blocks, and you can use the claw to move blocks. How can you not like this puzzle game? In Tiny and Big they have hidden little Easter eggs and also hidden areas you can go to (and get secret achievements) if you want to wonder off and not finish the mission/level as soon as possible. The game also has small side quest's in which you can collect all the mix tapes or collect all the "boring stones" in that mission/level you are playing on. If you have a laptop and the controls are a bit hard for you. You can always switch to a controller since the game supports it. Its a pretty decent game if you want to challenge your mind with the puzzles in the missions/levels. Expand
  3. Jan 26, 2015
    'Tiny & Big' is a wonderfully original platformer, despite the fact that it takes more time to cook a Thanksgiving turkey than it does to complete the game. Yes, this game is very short and can be beaten in just a few hours. But should that take away from the overall experience? No! The price maybe...actually definitely the price, but certainly not the experience. The artistic style is'Tiny & Big' is a wonderfully original platformer, despite the fact that it takes more time to cook a Thanksgiving turkey than it does to complete the game. Yes, this game is very short and can be beaten in just a few hours. But should that take away from the overall experience? No! The price maybe...actually definitely the price, but certainly not the experience. The artistic style is simple, beautiful and gives off a nice 'Playstation 2 in High Definition' feel to it, and the soundtrack is very reminiscent of 'LittleBigPlanet'; two of the most refreshing aspects of the game. And I don't know about you, but I needs me some good songs when I be platforming.

The idea of finding songs is also a great way of encouraging exploration; something most newer games still don't get right. There is no voice acting, only grunts and groans like in the early 'LEGO' games, but this only adds to the overall retro feel of the game. And the whole 'cut-anything-you-want-to-get-to-where-you-need-to-go' thing also reminded me of the original 'Red Faction' game; which is a very good thing. So overall, for a game where you search for lost pants, it's definitely worth playing through, if only once. Fans of older platformers will definitely appreciate this one as well as there are several aspects from games long forgotten.
  4. Nov 3, 2014
    Well, what to say about this game. It isn't entirely bad, but it gets repetitive and boring in a few hours. When I look at it in my steam library, I don't really want to play. Yes, the game shows some original mechanics, which can be really cool and funny, but I don't think it saves the game at all. I think 5/10 is what I feel.
  5. Jul 30, 2014
    It's a fun little 3D platform game, but it gets old quite fast, even though it's already short. The physics part looked like it had some great possibilities, but didn't end up to be what it could've been. There isn't much variation in the puzzles (if you could call them puzzles). Sometimes you need to play parts over a few times just to get a laser-cut exactly right, otherwise somethingIt's a fun little 3D platform game, but it gets old quite fast, even though it's already short. The physics part looked like it had some great possibilities, but didn't end up to be what it could've been. There isn't much variation in the puzzles (if you could call them puzzles). Sometimes you need to play parts over a few times just to get a laser-cut exactly right, otherwise something you're creating (say a bridge) doesn't drop perfect, falls down and is gone for good, leaving you stuck. Worst part of that is that if you've collected some collectibles and need to reload a checkpoint, you need to grab those again too.

On a whole it seems well put together though, but I've played demos that kept me entertained longer than this.

Get it when it's on sale, the full price is a bit much for this game.
  6. Jun 24, 2014
    This game is different. I liked the style and the atmosphere. But it feels incomplete, collectibles and secrets have zero value and there is no incentive to replay. Near the end I felt frustrated by multiple deaths caused by falling through black cracks in a black floor in a black level. Not good. Overall interesting experience, good for the 1 EUR I spent on it. Definitely not a 10 EURThis game is different. I liked the style and the atmosphere. But it feels incomplete, collectibles and secrets have zero value and there is no incentive to replay. Near the end I felt frustrated by multiple deaths caused by falling through black cracks in a black floor in a black level. Not good. Overall interesting experience, good for the 1 EUR I spent on it. Definitely not a 10 EUR title for my tastes. Expand
  7. Jan 10, 2014
    Joeberto's Short Review:

- Great and innovative platform-game

- Nice arts, and funny 3D graphic, it remembers Psychonauts

- Too short! I mean.. 2 hours of gameplay.. seriously??
  8. Jul 12, 2013
    Not a bad game, but feels a bit more like a tech demo than an actual game. The way you can cut pretty much any piece of the level is really fun for a while, and can help you come up with outside-the-box-solutions to puzzles. It's short enough to stay interesting to the end.

The other ways to manipulate stuff the rocket and the hook feel somewhat less pleasant. The way Tiny takes the device off his back every time you use it gets somewhat annoying. The other thing I didn't like was the art style, but that's a personal preference.
  9. Jun 5, 2013
    Tiny & Big is an innovative adventure that suffers a bit from lack of polish (small team). You're armed with a lazer that cuts rocks half (and creates ledges for you to use), hook to pull rocks near you and a rocket weapon that let's you shoot a spiked rocket to any surface and then activate it to push it away. Combining these tools you are tasked to get back your grandpas old magicalTiny & Big is an innovative adventure that suffers a bit from lack of polish (small team). You're armed with a lazer that cuts rocks half (and creates ledges for you to use), hook to pull rocks near you and a rocket weapon that let's you shoot a spiked rocket to any surface and then activate it to push it away. Combining these tools you are tasked to get back your grandpas old magical underwear, cutting through levels filled with huge rocks, statues and stairways. If you like the artstyle of Borderlands you will find Tiny & Bigs' sandy temples rather pretty. I must warn though that the controls and camera feel a bit slippery in certain tight moments and you might end up dying "for the wrong reasons". The game is also very short as I completed it in 2 hours. I didn't try to pick all of the collectibles, secrets etc. though, so if you're a completionist the game will offer you much more. Also, Tiny & Big is good enough to fool around after being completed. Expand
  10. Feb 28, 2013
    Very funny Indie-Game. Waiting for a continuation.
  11. Nov 6, 2012
    Really interesting arcade game. Cool vibe and funny story. Interesting ideas. It is a pity that the graphics look so poorly and I wish that the game does not have more weapons / opportunities because after a short time, the possibility offered by the game just bored. For this game has some not elaborate and it can sometimes upset. It is a pity that such an idea has not been fullyReally interesting arcade game. Cool vibe and funny story. Interesting ideas. It is a pity that the graphics look so poorly and I wish that the game does not have more weapons / opportunities because after a short time, the possibility offered by the game just bored. For this game has some not elaborate and it can sometimes upset. It is a pity that such an idea has not been fully exploited. My Rating - 6/10 Expand
  12. Oct 9, 2012
    A refreshing indie title that mixes platformer and puzzle elements. It's fun and unique, but can get boring after a time. Let's hope the devs win enough money to make a richer second part, because they have a lot of talent and great ideas.
  13. Oct 1, 2012
    Tiny & Big is a pleasant puzzle/platformer game. The visuals, soundtrack, story and dialog is surprisingly good and i would recommend a playthrough simply because of that and the games cheap price. As for the gameplay its kind of up and down. The psychics works well enough and its fun to cut things up with your laser, but it gets old really quick and the puzzles aren't challenging enough.Tiny & Big is a pleasant puzzle/platformer game. The visuals, soundtrack, story and dialog is surprisingly good and i would recommend a playthrough simply because of that and the games cheap price. As for the gameplay its kind of up and down. The psychics works well enough and its fun to cut things up with your laser, but it gets old really quick and the puzzles aren't challenging enough. The platforming do work alright but later in the game when a faulty step can set you back to a checkpoint that you passed a few minutes earlier you start to notice all of the flaws with the platforming. I dont want to sound to critical since i did enjoy my time with the game but there is room for improvement. Its still quite cool to cut up gigantic rocks thrown at you in midair and if you are looking for a short, cheap and interesting game i would absolutely recommend this game. Expand
  14. Jul 19, 2012
    I liked the game, but i found it quite repetetive. The Slice, Push, Pull mechanic gives you some interesting gameplay but perhaps there is more puzzle potential than the developers realised. Again, the radio constantly giving you hints which kills what little difficulty the game has anyway, got on my nerves a lot.

It passed 2 hours of my time anyway and quite enjoyed it, shame there is

It passed 2 hours of my time anyway and quite enjoyed it, shame there is no replay value to it other than cutting stuff up.
  15. Jun 27, 2012
    Don't be fooled. It is an action platformer in disguise of a sandbox puzzler. I spend majority of play time jumping, dodging, and aiming than thinking. And it
  16. Jun 20, 2012
    This is a unique game with a very good style. To be honest the art sold me this. As a gaming experience it's not as satisfying as I expected it would be. To cut it short, I haven't felt really challenged throughout the game. The puzzles are pretty easy and manipulating the surroundings is getting routine after a while. My other problem was the sloppy camera movement. If you are easilyThis is a unique game with a very good style. To be honest the art sold me this. As a gaming experience it's not as satisfying as I expected it would be. To cut it short, I haven't felt really challenged throughout the game. The puzzles are pretty easy and manipulating the surroundings is getting routine after a while. My other problem was the sloppy camera movement. If you are easily nauseated, avoid this game. I can't play it for more than half an hour at a time, because it makes me dizzy. It would have been nice to see more variety of environments too. All in all it's a good effort but if I were you and I wanted to play this game, I would wait for a price drop. Expand

1. Oct 1, 2012
    Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers is a good, but not great, indie puzzle platformer.
  2. PC PowerPlay
    Sep 16, 2012
    Authentically strange, and effortlessly entertaining. [Sept 2012, p.56]
  3. Aug 31, 2012
    Tiny & Big is not an altogether bad game. It's certainly not broken, it has a lot going for it, and on paper it would sound great. But it also serves as a good example as to why publishers can be a good thing. I think that with additional play testing and someone higher up to reign in the focus a little, Tiny & Big could have been another entry into the growing list of awesome "indie" games. As is, it's a game with solid base but one that fails to do anything with it.