6.1

1. Mar 15, 2014
    OK, so I recently bought this game on an impulse. It was fun for the first 4 hours and then a sudden pang of deathly boredom clouded any further possible enjoyment. Great concept, great parkour, Titans are cool but the game is fundamentally unfinished and lacking the content demanded by it's $60 entry fee. Not pleased, not pleased at all. Getting the game refunded.
  2. Mar 16, 2014
    A good game, entertaining for a few hours however its lack of promised content and playability ( at least for me). I mean its not a bad game, but it isn't gods gift to the world as the critics seem to be saying.
  3. Mar 11, 2014
    First of all let me state that Titanfall is mechanically and conceptually a brilliant and exhilirating game. It's responsive and fun to play, and adds a lot to the FPS genre from the perspective of game design, and for that all credit where it is due.

The issue is that for a 60$ title the lack of content that comes upon release is unjustifiable. There are free to play shooters that give more content than Titanfall does, and this makes the price an instant refund for me, as while I enjoy the game immensely it is not worth the price and I do not want to encourage such prices on products that are not worth it from a content perspective.

This took it from an 8 to a 6 for me, two other aspects about the game bothered me, the first and most important being the lack of something new from a game mode perspectve, and general generic design of said game modes and weapons (appart from attrition and the smart pistol) Respawn could have leapt forward but it feels like much of what they did was playing it safe.

The last and less important point are the visuals, while they are of course not very important it shocks me that infinity wards most talented are incapable of working on anything else than an outdated and simplistic engine that is definately showing its age. Wether graphics are important or no after near a decade of use its time to put that old thing to rest, and use newer engines enabling more divergent and complex gameplay, as well as visual fidelity.
  4. Mar 11, 2014
    I have mixed feelings about this game so I'm just gonna list the pros and the cons.

Pros: + Titans feels pretty fresh and are fun to play with + Gun play is great even though it's almost too much CoD over it + Fast paced game with mobility is just what I want after all the CoD, MoH, BF games + Burn cards Cons: - The so called campaign is more or less a joke. Regular MP with some

Pros:
    + Titans feels pretty fresh and are fun to play with
    + Gun play is great even though it's almost too much CoD over it
    + Burn cards

Cons:
    - The so called campaign is more or less a joke. Regular MP with some added voice overs
    - Content wise this game feels like a scam. Less weapons, maps, perks and so on than any random CoD game
    - Lack of any kind of auto balance
    - Retarded AI

All in all I find the game average, nothing more nothing less
  5. Mar 16, 2014
    First the good things: The pace of the game is nice, unlocks happen daily if you play a couple of hours a day, the games are not too long, usually around 15-20 minutes. and the controls are really good, there is a nice feel to piloting a titan or, moving in various way through the infrastructure of the maps, and the soundscape is rather well done too... Sadly, that is where the good thingsFirst the good things: The pace of the game is nice, unlocks happen daily if you play a couple of hours a day, the games are not too long, usually around 15-20 minutes. and the controls are really good, there is a nice feel to piloting a titan or, moving in various way through the infrastructure of the maps, and the soundscape is rather well done too... Sadly, that is where the good things end.

The bad things:
    -Matchmaking is simply terrible, trying to unlock 2 of the titans(you absolutely have to complete both IMC and militia campaigns to get both) is an absolute pain in the ass. Not only are the teams missmatched most of the time(average level of the opposing team being 15-20 levels higher is not uncommon) But due to people not wanting to play the campaign more than the bare minimum, you are forced to back track ALOT!, joining lobbies that take you back 2,3,4 sometimes 5 maps, just to advance 1 map later on. And the lack of possiblity to do said campaign solo, is just adding salt to the wounds.

-The Graphics, are just fugly, and if you try to improve them on an older generation graphics card, say, a GTX 285, GTX 480 or GTX 580. You run a risk of making 99% of the textures disappear, by turning on the AA.

-Ridiculous hit detection; Getting shot through walls with a projectile that does not pierce said surface, or getting jumpkicked when the person doing said kick is 2-3 meters away or through a wall, is common.

-Limited selection of maps, and the map design is usually skewed in a way, that the first team to field 2-3 titans, will most likely dominate through the rest of the match. Also the maps are usually designed in a way that gives the other team a significant advantage, for example one of the maps is located in an area you could consider a "dragon graveyard" or their grotto, the other side, allways begins with the high ground advantage, while the other need to go uphill most of the time. Not a fun thing, when sides are chosen randomly in this game, and if you get thrown on one side multiple times in a row.

-They nerfed the wrong things: The nuclear ejection has become a laughable thing. The radius of said blast, is now a titans fart, one dash, is all it takes to get out of the radius. While on the other hand, Smart pistol did not suffer a nerf. Does not look like we can assume respawn will make good choices in the future either.

-The burnercard system, is not a situational as you think, You just have to experience it yourself. It is awfull.

-The game encourages people to roam the opposing teams spawns, and there is no spawn protection, the moment your feet touch ground(you respawn) you are free game.

-The customization options for weapons and titans, are rather humble. considering the price of the game, and how small repertuar of maps you have, you would think they would have more of something.... Oh wait, over 30 gigs of the game is soundfiles(closer to 40 gigs actually).

-The game unlocks, even though they happen at a steady pace, are not necesarily what you were gunning for, and it is somewhat gimicky, for example, trying to get the 20 titans killed with the 40mm cannon, sounds simple enough, but when you realize, you have to destroy them, BEFORE they blow up after getting doomed, that task became so much more complicated, and seeing as how everyone is equipping nuclear ejection, well, good luck.

In overall, the idea of the game is awesome, but execution is poor at best, and it does not cash in on the promises it made with the beta, if anything, beta was just there to get people open up their wallets.

4/10, for a game that fails to deliver what it promised.
  6. Mar 11, 2014
    The only reason this game has so much praise is because it was made on the hype of ex COD people developing it. If any other developer made this, it would be getting mediocre reviews of "been there, done that" and no one would care.

It basically just feels as if COD got a new fun mode like it did with Zombies and whatever else over the years. The Gunplay is exactly like COD, the camera movement animations are the same, even the UI and the x on the crosshair when you hit someone is the same. There are barely any modes, what is there is just what FPS games have been doing for 20 odd years now, just really boring. I was hoping for some innovation, just something more than what is just a new COD mode.

The only differences come in with having wall running, double jumps and the mechs. These abilities are hardly worth full price for, especially seeing as it lacks content everywhere else. The mechs do not feel like mechs either, they just feel like playing a tall soldier with a texture around the outside to make it look like you're in one. When I play as a mech, I want to feel it, but in Titanfall they still feel more mobile than most soldiers in FPS games these days.

All the maps are really bland, only one or two are memorable and there is no SDK for custom maps and mods, there is no server browser either, the whole thing is Lobby based. I just don't get why they would do this one PC, there is just too much downtime between matches as you wait for these stupid lobbies to count down and find players. I also hate how you cannot select what map you want with lobbies, at least with a server browser you can just play 24/7 servers which just play your favourite map.

There is no single player, there is just very little to this game, it doesn't innovate and it just feels so meh, there is just nothing to it. I was hoping the inclusion of story into the multiplayer would pay off as well as L4D, it just isn't there however. They made a big deal about it all and yet there is barely anything..

Very disappointed, I have no idea why it is getting such high scores.
  7. Mar 11, 2014
    Titanfall. First off i'm going to agree with many of the others that mechanically the game is pretty solid. The titans feel great the moment is great. (I LOVED THE PARKOUR.. LOVED IT) Everything else though is really lackluster. Many of the game modes are just cut and paste or a different spin on older styles. Hell even the supposed "campaign" mode is just a giant multiplayer game with aTitanfall. First off i'm going to agree with many of the others that mechanically the game is pretty solid. The titans feel great the moment is great. (I LOVED THE PARKOUR.. LOVED IT) Everything else though is really lackluster. Many of the game modes are just cut and paste or a different spin on older styles. Hell even the supposed "campaign" mode is just a giant multiplayer game with a standard drop and some voice over and small video in the corner ala small box. You do not have many weapons to do much with and it gets stale soon.

And the small amount you get is sold to you at a full retail price of $60. What's really crazy is that it feels that they programmed many other guns in the game but they ripped it out to do as dlc, along with mappacks.

I just have a very bad feeling about this.
  8. Mar 30, 2014
    I gave Titanfall a 7 in my original review. But I’m perplexed. This is an mp only game that doesn’t deliver mp elements all that well. Games are regularly stacked, so one team is always crushing the other. And lobbies don’t shuffle players. So the imbalances will last until the losing players leave (which they will). Respawn is working on a fix. But it’s already too late. Anticheat wasI gave Titanfall a 7 in my original review. But I’m perplexed. This is an mp only game that doesn’t deliver mp elements all that well. Games are regularly stacked, so one team is always crushing the other. And lobbies don’t shuffle players. So the imbalances will last until the losing players leave (which they will). Respawn is working on a fix. But it’s already too late. Anticheat was missing at launch, which is inexcusable. Titanfall is not a next gen game. It’s a decent shooter, not a ground breaker. And I’m tired of games having to be fixed weeks/months after launch. By the time Titanfall is patched up, I will have moved on to the next shooter. If you have $60 to spare, this is still a worthy title to own. But the lack of content leaves me scratching my head. Why can’t EA simply launch a game with everything intact? I think many players will leave before the Titanfall project matures. That’s understandable with a game that squandered so much potential. The following is my original review with a few tweaks.
    Overall, Titanfall isn't a bad game. I'm impressed with its smooth launch. But Titanfall has several mech-sized flaws. Foremost, the game is huge at 50gb; and nearly 35gb's of that are just sound files. For all that heft, the visuals and sound don't really blow me away. The textures are bland and random pop ups plague the environments. In fact, the game looks merely average. Despite the average graphical fidelity, the game will require most machines to work extra hard to pump out max graphics. COD Ghosts is huge as well, and it doesn't look great either. I hate to say it, but Titanfall doesn't look like a next gen game. But it's certainly a resource hog. And considering many PC gamers will install it on expensive (and limited capacity) SSD drives, a 50gb game is nuts.
    Next flaw: the game modes are little boring. The "campaign" is a series of team death match rounds with a half-baked, forgettable story. There are a handful of other game modes, but not the variety you'll see in Black Ops 2 or Insurgency. Respawn may add more game modes, but that's a big if. I think the developers where hoping that players would be blown away by giant mechs and parkour combat. It's fluid, but Crysis and Mirror's Edge still deliver the best parkour experiences to date.
    The maps are large enough, but I'm surprised by the complete lack of destructibility. Giant mechs running around and they can't overturn a car or shipping crate. This absence is extremely disappointing for a next gen game. Environmental chaos would have given Titanfall a tremendous edge and probably allow it to put BF4 and Ghosts to rest. Without destructive power, the Titan's are nothing more than metal suits with big guns. And that absence is so obvious I'm left wondering why Respawn left it out. So what if a pilot can jump high? I would have more fun punching thru walls and kicking trucks on my opponents while trudging around in a Titan.
    And obviously, the lack of skill based matchmaking and anticheat is a huge knock against Titanfall. Is this another example of EA pushing games out the door too soon? Or are the developers at Respawn that clueless?
    So what's good about the game? It runs smooth. Titanfall easily puts BF4 and Ghosts to shame. BF4 is still buggy months after launch, whereas I put 10 hours on Titanfall with only one crash. Titanfall also offers in game voice chat. So players won’t have to find third party alternatives. Considering all the baddies running around, I'm hoping more players will use chat. The gunplay is tight. The hit detection is darn accurate too. In fact, it’s impressive. But weapon balance is merely OK. One hit melee kills, powerful shotguns, and auto lock pistols rankle nerves. Most players run with the same 3 guns. Much like COD. And the guns lack punch. Crysis 3 offered better weapon selection/upgrades that felt powerful. Finally, everyone gets a Titan! No building up a killstreak to drop a Titan. You get one simply by playing. This is a welcome divergence from COD's camp and build your killstreak formula. This should encourage players to move about more since death won't prevent them from hopping into their mechs.
    Final verdict. The game delivers a bigger rush than COD or Battlefield. Titans and random AI controlled grunts running around really pump up the pace. Additionally, I think many gamers will agree that BF4 and COD Ghosts are disappointing. Titanfall changes the formula enough while delivering gameplay we’re all familiar with. I agree that the game is a too streamlined, but it’s certainly fun to play. Titanfall trims the fat off shooters, a risky move. But despite its high production values, Respawn didn't quite deliver the game we hoped it would. The graphics are surprisingly average. The gunplay is tight, but boring. And the static, indestructible, environments are hard to process when piloting a walking tank. On the upside, the game runs smoothly. It's a blast to play. Controls are fluid and the parkour elements are easy enough to master.
  9. Mar 15, 2014
    Once again I am baffled by the glowing critic reviews for this game. Admittedly I was having fun but after logging 8 hours into the game so far and unlocking everything there is to unlock and beating the campaign both Militia and IMC (hour and a half only) I am getting bored. Calling in a titan was AWESOME the first hundred times I did so, the next hundred times I've done so I findOnce again I am baffled by the glowing critic reviews for this game. Admittedly I was having fun but after logging 8 hours into the game so far and unlocking everything there is to unlock and beating the campaign both Militia and IMC (hour and a half only) I am getting bored. Calling in a titan was AWESOME the first hundred times I did so, the next hundred times I've done so I find myself yawning. There isn't a lot to keep me playing the game, sure it's pretty but it really does feel like Call of Titan Duty Fall.
    The campaign was just laughable, I have no idea what the actual story is or why these two groups are even fighting each other. The narrative was drowned out because I was busy trying to shoot people not listen to generic characters talk about...whatever the hell they were talking about. MacAllen I believe was a character? One I cannot put a face to. That's the only named character I can remember off the top of my head. Not only that but the hour and a half of campaign levels (both campaigns) are the same levels just playing them on different sides (boring). An issue I ran into was when I played through the militia campaign and then halfway through the IMC but stopped. Finding a matchmaking game for the mission I was on was dreadful. It took a crazy amount of time. On top of that when I did find a game it put me two mission back. So maybe I played through both campaigns in an hour without the backtracking.
    In conclusion the game does not offer a substantial amount of content for me to still be playing this even in a months time. After playing online for 8 hours and unlocking everything, what's the point now? The campaign is laughably horrid. Something I really wish I hadn't spent $60 on.
  10. Mar 12, 2014
    I'm going to save everybody the effort right now, Titanfall is not a game worth getting for the PC in my opinion. There are just so many detractors to the game. Starting with the most obvious, the install is 50GB due to uncompressed audio, taking up 34GB of the download. Right off the bat this is an indicator of a lazy PC Port. This is literally just a port. The textures are horrible, theyI'm going to save everybody the effort right now, Titanfall is not a game worth getting for the PC in my opinion. There are just so many detractors to the game. Starting with the most obvious, the install is 50GB due to uncompressed audio, taking up 34GB of the download. Right off the bat this is an indicator of a lazy PC Port. This is literally just a port. The textures are horrible, they did NOT optimize for PC, and the graphics are, considering that this is a $59.99 supposedly AAA title, mediocre.

Getting into the core gameplay for multiplayer, pretty much using your Titan at all puts you at a disadvantage. The maps are too small/crowded in order to warrant actual Titan battles without having to constantly swivel yourself around in one of the game's many narrow corridors. There is maybe 2 maps that this isn't a huge issue on. Maybe if the Titans had a jump or something like that this could have alleviated the problem somewhat, but as is, piloting your Titan is practically useless. You're better off calling a Titanfall and then just having your Titan guard you.

The game apparently has 15 maps? But only cycles through maybe 5 of them at a time. It feels like it's more limited than it should be, I thought the addition of bots would make the game better but it's TERRIBLE; the bots are incredibly incompetent. They add nothing to the game, they're not tough, and they come in abundance; you can skip killing people and kill only bots and get a decent score... but where is the fun in that?

One of the other things is that the game doesn't even have a good campaign mode, all you know is the Militia and the IMC are fighting because... ??? When playing campaign, you constantly have people talking via mic and then the game itself speaking to you at the same time, while you're fighting players. It's nearly impossible to multitask, making split-second decisions while having to listen to other people as well as the game taking to you about the lore.

Speaking of which I couldn't care less about whatever the story is while I'm trying to pilot a Titan and fend off another all the while someone is climbing on my back. I feel like the campaign mode could have been so much better and more engaging if it was just a sort of co-op story where you're fighting NPCs, and had actual cut-scenes between combat and worlds to enlighten your group to the lore. Campaign is literally pretty much Multiplayer... but you don't get to choose what game mode you're playing.

Nextly, lobbies. There is no such thing as a truly private lobby. You can't create a game to play JUST with your friends. In addition, you get kicked from your private lobby after just 5 minutes of not choosing a game mode.

Next thing that REALLY grinds my gears is the lack of skill matchmaking. I couldn't tell you how many times I got into an Attrition, i.e. Death Match (which honestly is pretty much the only game mode anybody is playing), only to have my team consist of six members between level 2 and level 14, while the enemy team consisted of approximately level 32 to level 45. Extremely disappointing because they have exponentially more powerful Titans and gear unlocked.

Oh, speaking of gear. The game boasts 33 weapons, and what a troll that is because that statement neglects to mention its talking about cumulative weapons, including your Titan's weapons. Not counting Titan weapons, you get 1 Shotgun, 2 Sniper Rifles, 2 SMG's, 1 LMG, 2 Assault Rifles, 1 Rifle and last but not at all least, the worst gun of all the Smart Pistol, which is the worst item in the game, pretty much easy mode the pistol. It does all the work for you, and I understand why they put it; in theory: to seem more advanced, more technological. Because a gun that automatically locks onto heads and to people when youre in range and the bullets turn on an automatic trajectory? That sounds advanced to me. This feels like Wanted (the movie) the game. But wheres the fun in that? There is none. One thing I love about the weapons is the EVA Shotgun, because that shotgun works and it is the rudest shotgun I've ever used in a game. That shotgun is the only thing I love in this entire game to be completely honest. You can't customize your guns for how you play, like the EVA-8 Shotgun, it comes with Iron Sights... but you can't change out the sights for anything else. Same thing goes for all the other weapons with their specific perks. And when you create a custom loadout, you can't name it, it literally just sits in "Custom Loadout 1", or 2-5 or so.

Overall, I am honestly very disappointed with the amount of hype that Titanfall had going for it. I was expecting a lot more. I'm not completely shutting my door to Titanfall, but it is not worth $60, especially with the amount of issues that they have right now. I'll probably wait until they get their **** together and possibly until it goes on sale, but for now I'm just going to shake my head and spend my money on a different game.
  11. Mar 11, 2014
    "Wow", I hear you exclaim, "this game is expensive!". That would be correct. "It must have an epic singleplayer campaign!", you conclude. That would be incorrect; the game has no singleplayer content whatsoever. "Oh... ok, so it's a multiplayer shooter; it must have a ton of maps, right?". Nope. No more than other online shooters with singleplayer campaigns. "What? Well then they must be"Wow", I hear you exclaim, "this game is expensive!". That would be correct. "It must have an epic singleplayer campaign!", you conclude. That would be incorrect; the game has no singleplayer content whatsoever. "Oh... ok, so it's a multiplayer shooter; it must have a ton of maps, right?". Nope. No more than other online shooters with singleplayer campaigns. "What? Well then they must be epic, ultra detailed maps with gorgeous graphics!". Couldn't be more wrong. "Huh... surely the game must have a gazillion guns to compensate for this. Surely!". Wrong again, and stop calling me Shirley. "So what exactly does this game have? Wait, it is a game, right?". It has mechs. And parkour. Oh, and Artificial Idiocy units that players even more idiotic than them can mistake for players and think they're MLG pros when they clean up a whole room filled with them. But yes, it's a game which is even somewhat enjoyable for an hour or so.

Origin Great Game Guarantee: use it.
  12. Mar 11, 2014
    This game is great. I played the beta for almost a day straight and thought it had potential.

Pros : - Mech Gameplay is fantastic. - Multiplayer is fast paced. - The ability to make everyone feel welcome and enjoy the game because its really hard to bad at this game. Even if you are not very good you can still kill bots to feel better about yourself. Cons: -Repetitive game play

Pros :
    - Mech Gameplay is fantastic.
    - Multiplayer is fast paced.

Cons:
    -Repetitive game play is the name of the game. If you're a CoD fan and love running in circles all day and doing the same thing over and over you might enjoy this. The problem is all you're doing in this game is killing bots/pilots in order to get your titan. Rinse and repeat that's 100% of the game.
    - The bots are a absolute joke to the point where you can run into a room of 6 of them and slowly shoot them all in the head without taking any damage.
    - The smart pistol aka The biggest noob weapon ever released in video game history. Literally all you have to do is have someone in your field of view, wait a couple seconds and shoot.

Overall its a game I'll play every once in awhile because its just too damn repetitive to play often. I would of rated it even lower on Xbox One but I'm running this game at 2560x1440p at 80fps so even if the graphics are not amazing, they are 3 times clearer then Xbox =D.
  13. Mar 19, 2014
    My biggest purchasing regret in living memory. Don't be fooled by the hundreds of millions they spent on marketing, this the pinnacle of gaming mediocrity.
  14. Mar 11, 2014
    Now before you decide to just look away from this review based on the score, I'll let you know that I'm being fair in weighing everything up. At first Titanfall looked like a great game and I couldn't wait to see what they would add to it. And that's the thing. They didn't. Now I'm not going to say that anyone who likes this game is 'a Microsoft fanboy' because you could just fire aNow before you decide to just look away from this review based on the score, I'll let you know that I'm being fair in weighing everything up. At first Titanfall looked like a great game and I couldn't wait to see what they would add to it. And that's the thing. They didn't. Now I'm not going to say that anyone who likes this game is 'a Microsoft fanboy' because you could just fire a 'fanboy' post right back at me. Fair dues to people who like this game. However I bet that those people like the Call of Duty franchise. Again, fair dues to you if you do, I'm not going to criticise you on that. However, I'm talking from the point of view of a Battlefield and open world loving gamer. For me, this game didn't add anything I hadn't seen before. I get more satisfaction out of blowing stuff up in Battlefield with massive 64 player teams than I do wandering around in a mech killing what were mainly AI with 6v6 teams. And this is one of the main reasons for this rating. After playing games like Battlefield, by comparison these maps feel cramped, the combat feels archaic and while the graphics aren't an eye sore they just don't have that step up above the rest that I for one have come to expect from games with this much hype. I can see people disagreeing with me and saying 'well the graphics don't matter, only the gameplay' and usually I would agree with you. I loved Prototype and at the time that it was released the graphics were nearing the quality of the last generation of consoles. The same goes for Star Wars Battlefront and so on. But I didn't care because the gameplay was just so good and for me that made the game. But with Titanfall I often found myself aiming at the floor because the recoil that I have come to expect from other first person shooter games just wasn't there. And believe me, when there's a crowd of four plus people in front of you and you're standing there shooting the concrete, it can get a little frustrating. But even with all of this mediocrity the game would have usually scored around a 5 or a 6 or even 7 (with a push) with me for being an average shooter with few new mechanics. But I digress, the main reason why this game scored so low is because of the disease that seems to be plaguing many decent games recently. I am of course talking about the dreaded 'Always Online Connection' or 'Always Connected DRM'. This means that if you lose connection to the internet, this wonderful new shooter you just bought... well... you can't play it I'm afraid. If this was the case with a studio such as Crytek or Activision I would say "sure, let's give it a chance!". But it's not. It's with EA. The studio that turned SimCity from my game of the year to that large pile of dust in the corner. I experienced first hand this always online, and there's no other way to put it, catastrophe and let me tell you that I thought EA had learned after this and would put the always online feature to bed. But no, they obviously haven't learned at all and that is why it has scored so low. My advice for this year is to get whatever console you want, they're both great consoles, but be aware that The Order 1886 and The Last of Us, two games I cannot wait to play, are both only on PS4 and that is what I shall be getting. Expand
  15. Mar 13, 2014
    CoD with mechs and parkour. Bad port from the Xbox version. Its hard to imagine how could you make such a poorly optimized PC game with the Source engine. I had to turn off vsync to play "properly".

The game is fun but after 4 hours (+14 from beta) I realised I saw all the content the game could offer. Same quality as the beta, with just some more stuff. I got my Great Game

Same quality as the beta, with just some more stuff. I got my Great Game Guarantee refund on Origin.
  16. Mar 11, 2014
    Probably entertaining for a few hours. It kinda plays like CoD and the parkour mechanic barely do any difference, level design is poor, they tried to make maps for parkour, but then remembered they had to make it practicable for Titans. So every map feels not good enough for Titan play or pilot play. Overall it's really disappointing. They obviously have been restricted in the processProbably entertaining for a few hours. It kinda plays like CoD and the parkour mechanic barely do any difference, level design is poor, they tried to make maps for parkour, but then remembered they had to make it practicable for Titans. So every map feels not good enough for Titan play or pilot play. Overall it's really disappointing. They obviously have been restricted in the process because I think the game could have been really good only by tweaking some game modes/rules. Expand
  17. Mar 11, 2014
    Titanfall is exactly as advertised, especially when based on the gameplay trailers, but most likely overhyped to death. It feels quite similiar to Call of Duty, but somehow it felt different at the same time. It's something a fan of first person shooters can tell, even if it isn't readily apparent to others. Things such as gunplay, sense of recoil, first person animations, and firstTitanfall is exactly as advertised, especially when based on the gameplay trailers, but most likely overhyped to death. It feels quite similiar to Call of Duty, but somehow it felt different at the same time. It's something a fan of first person shooters can tell, even if it isn't readily apparent to others. Things such as gunplay, sense of recoil, first person animations, and first person camera movement can alter how a shooter "feels" to some gamers. Is it a bad thing that Titanfall is similiar to Call of Duty? That depends on your perspective on shooters or games where multiplayer is the selling point!

Titanfall's strengths lie in a few key areas. Which I'll try to summarize here: The Titans, of course, are the most obvious selling point, and are pretty much as awesome as advertised. We get at least fifteen maps in the base game, and each one takes advantage of both pilot movement and Titan combat. The pilot, which you play as, has excellent and extremely entertaining parkour or jump jet movement. This is all tied together with extremely fast paced, snappy combat that somehow manages to outdo Call of Duty's fast paced combat! Overall, it's super fun, and very competitive without the pain (as the game makes you feel good even if you aren't "doing well" at the game).

The weaknesses of Titanfall: Depending on how you view repetition, Titanfall can be repetitive, as gameplay ends up falling into a cycle or a pattern. Matters are confounded by the lack of truly unique or new game modes besides the usual material, such as TDM, CTF, and a conquest style game mode. The PC version is wonky for a few gamers too, with the performance for myself ranging from smooth to suddenly bad, and other fairly minor issues (because it is a nicely designed PC game). Do these flaws hurt the game? Maybe. But they don't do that much to fatally wound the game!

The progression system: We get a nice number of goodies to unlock in the normal progression format. It's fun and addictive, with a very extensively large "challenge" system which act as mini achievements that give you tangible rewards (you unlock weapons, "perks", and weapon attachments). I just wish there was way more to unlock, especially for the pilot weapons and Titan weapons. There isn't nearly enough unlockables at the moment, but that might be a strength to the game, as gameplay matters more than dangling carrots in front of our faces!

The unusual aspects of this game: Titanfall has "Burn Cards", which act as a one round long buff to your pilot's abilities. You can unlock these burn cards by playing the game, but you have to be careful once you use them, because dying will immediately erase your Burn Card effect! But that isn't the only unusual thing about Titanfall. To some degree, this game is like League of Legends, Smite, or DOTA 2. All allied or enemy AI bots are often referred to as "minions", and actually attempt to take objectives which is very cool. They give much less experience points or objective points (in TDM) than actual players, but they offer a very good way to distract enemy players so you can go in for the kill! Also, at the end of every round, you chase after the retreating and remaining enemy players, and you get to bust up their only method of escape (but they can escape, earning bonus points)! All these things feel somewhat unusual, and are welcome changes to the usual FPS formula.

Alright. Titanfall, when viewed in comparison with multiplayer shooters that have been coming out recently, is a great game. Is it revolutionary? No, I highly doubt it. But it gives us a great science fiction setting with nice music, audio, action, and visuals. It's definitely more "involved" than most shooters I played lately that had the main character having a useless "jump" button.

I highly reccomend it for fans of multiplayer shooters! Everyone else, consider this game carefully before buying it.
  18. Mar 11, 2014
    COD with Mehc's that feel like nothing more than large humans. The A.I running around is the most boring unchallenging thing I have ever experienced, and most the time you end up killing 5-10 A.I for each and every person you run into. What a let down.
    Really hope they do a better job of Titanfall 2. This game had sooooo much potential.
  19. Mar 12, 2014
    I cannot beleive the brainless behaviour people are showing with this game already. People are literally buying all the lies from Respawn Entertainment and even EA god damn it. Game which combines Call of Duty, Mirror's Edge and Tribes is considered new all the sudden? This is the same old. You have to stop and Aim Down The Sights with iron sights inorder to have the best accuracy. There'sI cannot beleive the brainless behaviour people are showing with this game already. People are literally buying all the lies from Respawn Entertainment and even EA god damn it. Game which combines Call of Duty, Mirror's Edge and Tribes is considered new all the sudden? This is the same old. You have to stop and Aim Down The Sights with iron sights inorder to have the best accuracy. There's no fastpaced skillbased action like in Quake3:Arena or Unreal Tournament. You have regenerating health just like in Call of Duty and every other modern FPS. You have short sprint just like in Call of Duty and every other modern FPS. Even the Titans can't run and shoot, they also have to sprint to move fast. You have weapon limit like in Call of Duty and every other modern FPS. You have reqular weapons just like in Call of Duty and every other modern FPS. This is another GENERIC MODERN FPS. What point do you not understand? There are no freezers, biorifles or shrinkrays. All the weapons are just reqular bullet weapons without any imagination. There is no skill involved since this gameplay is the same Call of Duty one hit kill. You shoot people in the back and they have no time to turn since they die from one shot to head, one shot to leg, one shot to toe and one shot to finger..

This is not an Competitive FPS by anymeans. This is nothing compared to true Competitive FPS like Unreal Tournament, Quake3: Arena, or Counter-Strike. This is another generic Console Shooter. Not even close to being a true PC FPS.

Avoid at all costs if you have any brain left.
  20. Mar 11, 2014
    played fps games for decades.. don't believe the over-hyped ads and reviews..
    "winner of over 75 awards" really.. before the game was even released..
    - next gen graphics? disappointingly not even close.. - mechs? go play Hawken on steam for FREE.. LOL - 50gb download.. (35gb required download of multi-language voice packs.. really?) - no server browser - no single player - the
    played fps games for decades.. don't believe the over-hyped ads and reviews..
    "winner of over 75 awards" really.. before the game was even released..

- next gen graphics? disappointingly not even close..
    - mechs? go play Hawken on steam for FREE.. LOL
    - no server browser
    - no single player
    - the multi-player campaign mode with the voice-overs is.. a joke right?
    - definitely plays and feels like a modded COD game.. correction: a poorly optimized COD game..

thank god i purchased from origin.com and was able to get my money back earlier today!

going back to BF4.. waiting for naval strike expansion.. still the most entertaining multi-player fps today..

hooah!
  21. Mar 11, 2014
    I can only play against 6 people at a time? Me and my friends started a match and we were pitted against players MANY times our level? You call that matchmaking? Graphics are nothing to brag about either.
  22. Mar 11, 2014
    The game is overhyped and overpriced and does not deserve anything beyond a 7.0 score. First of all there is no single player it has only a multiplayer mode, second the graphics are a joke they are average to poor with a lot of low quality textures the game feels like a 2004 generation game, third it gets repetitive and boring really fast the gameplay is so freaking shallow it is only runThe game is overhyped and overpriced and does not deserve anything beyond a 7.0 score. First of all there is no single player it has only a multiplayer mode, second the graphics are a joke they are average to poor with a lot of low quality textures the game feels like a 2004 generation game, third it gets repetitive and boring really fast the gameplay is so freaking shallow it is only run and shoot all the time. I do not believe that this piece of crap costs 60 dollars Expand
  23. Mar 13, 2014
    So, I bought into the hype, I installed Origin despite my distrust for EA and waited as a gigantic 50 gigabytes download finished (it took 2 days and crippled my home internet connection in Australia). I was expecting huge map, massive content and staggering texture details but It turned out that most of the download was audio. I kid you not -- AUDIO. What the ****?

After all this,

After all this, knowing it was a multiplayer only game, I tried to connect to the servers and they were all being hammered... understandable. Then, hours later when things calmed down I finally got to enjoy Titanfall.

For about 5 minutes.

Yeah, it crashed and not just a small crash, whatever origin did ruined the main partition on my SSD that I use for both the main OS and my games. So I can't exactly review this game, at least not on PC. It could be great but it cost me more time than I'll probably be able to play it. My 0 rating is an indication of this. Tread with caution -- you may as well get the Xbox One version though the graphics are absolutely crippled compared to PC version which I admit looked quite good.
  24. Mar 11, 2014
    A half finished game that fails to tell a story through multiplayer. Think of the failures brink had and then add dumb ai with larger maps. There are far too few choices of weapons and titans. Pc game is a lacking console port. Typical EA garbage of selling half a game and stretching out 1/4 as dlc and never adding in the rest. Not worth more than 29.99 in the current state.
  25. Mar 11, 2014
    Minimal storyline, no single player campaign, "full" game (or "expansions", depending on whether or not you're an apologist) is $80 if you buy it up front, $85 if you buy the "season pass" (what seasons have to do with anything is beyond me), and probably $90 if you buy each of the 3 slated "map packs." The multiplayer mode has only 12 players, six per team, at least in "campaign" mode.Minimal storyline, no single player campaign, "full" game (or "expansions", depending on whether or not you're an apologist) is $80 if you buy it up front, $85 if you buy the "season pass" (what seasons have to do with anything is beyond me), and probably $90 if you buy each of the 3 slated "map packs." The multiplayer mode has only 12 players, six per team, at least in "campaign" mode. The inclusion of a bunch of bots attempt to make it feel larger. Another game that doesn't come close to living up to its hype. Expand
  26. Mar 11, 2014
    Ok so here we go ...

- good but dated graphics. - many good ideas that make this shooter A BIT different. - inclusion of AI opponents is surprising and yet disapointing. - sound is great. - netcoding seem stable with some very minor hiccups. But then again ... - not worth 60$ ... Maybe 40$ but even then ... - lack any kind of innovation ... - AI is downright stupid ... Free
    Ok so here we go ...

- good but dated graphics.
    - many good ideas that make this shooter A BIT different.
    - inclusion of AI opponents is surprising and yet disapointing.
    - sound is great.
    - netcoding seem stable with some very minor hiccups.

But then again ...

- not worth 60$ ... Maybe 40$ but even then ...
    - lack any kind of innovation ...
    - AI is downright stupid ... Free experience points though.
    - 50 gig for that ? ...
    - Campaign through multiplayer ... I'd rather have MW2 singleplayer campaign than what I was given in Titanfall.
    - 6 vs 6 ? I'd rather see this game with 64 players.
    - Too little weapon choice.
    - Yet again, can't choose servers ... And many times over, it'll take you a while to get in game because the servers are too slow to connect and then disconnect for no reasons.
  27. Mar 17, 2014
    Sadly, all the good game designers are quitting business, such as Valve who made Half-life, the folks that made Unreal Tournament and now the folks that made Bioshock. What you're left with is half-baked multiplayers such as Call of Duty with tons of lag and inaccurate shooting and now this. Game designers want to give you the smallest content they can for the money. Another example is theSadly, all the good game designers are quitting business, such as Valve who made Half-life, the folks that made Unreal Tournament and now the folks that made Bioshock. What you're left with is half-baked multiplayers such as Call of Duty with tons of lag and inaccurate shooting and now this. Game designers want to give you the smallest content they can for the money. Another example is the latest Resident Evil, Resident Evil 6, which was like one level of RE4. Save your money, rent this game and enjoy it for a few hours then buy it when it comes out in the bargain bin. Expand
  28. Mar 11, 2014
    Very refreshing game. Sure, there is nothing really groundbreaking there, but the way all the small details of the game fit into each other perfectly is just amazing.
    Even for people who have been fed-up with Call of Duty's simplistic and repetitive gameplay, this game might be a great way to get back into fast, competitive multiplayer FPS.
    Your really have to experience the mobility
    Your really have to experience the mobility aspect of the game for yourself to understand why this game feels great. Plus it is well balanced at release, that's some great QA here.

Only two complaints tarnish the picture : the stuborn reliance on matchmaking rather than server browsing on PC is a shame, and the game modes are simple and could have been more immersive (dynamic objectives/map progression as in TF2, for instance), which might reduce replayability.

Other than that, if you like old school FPS with a fresh polish and some nicely thought details, give it a try !
  29. Mar 11, 2014
    The Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC versions will all share the same exact experience. The only advantage PC users will see is the graphical one, where TitanFall can run at a native 1080p on most modern mid-range cards with many of the details turned up/maxed. It's not the most beautiful game you'll find on the market but that's not what makes a game great. It's the constant pacing of theThe Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC versions will all share the same exact experience. The only advantage PC users will see is the graphical one, where TitanFall can run at a native 1080p on most modern mid-range cards with many of the details turned up/maxed. It's not the most beautiful game you'll find on the market but that's not what makes a game great. It's the constant pacing of the multiplayer and the cool ways in which you can move through levels that make TitanFall a bit like Call of Duty, but with less calculation and more artistic expression. You can play the way you want as long as you don't think you can get away with persistent camping. In TitanFall, the battlefield constantly shifts. There are no real choke-points. There's high points to ground level, left and right flanks. You can be attacked at any moment, you just have to be constantly kinetic to avoid being an easy target. I love TitanFall, I just hope that it doesn't burn out quickly like the last couple Call of Duty games have for me as there's really just competitive multiplayer to be had here (even with the slight touches of story woven into the mix), because it really is a good game. Expand
  30. Jun 4, 2014
    It's been a couple months since release and unfortunately Titanfall has turned out to be an utterly forgettable title that lost its luster within the first 45 days of release. I'm afraid my initial review must be changed to reflect the current realities of the game. Regeneration challenges aren't enough to keep players around. PC population fell off a cliff in the first month and neverIt's been a couple months since release and unfortunately Titanfall has turned out to be an utterly forgettable title that lost its luster within the first 45 days of release. I'm afraid my initial review must be changed to reflect the current realities of the game. Regeneration challenges aren't enough to keep players around. PC population fell off a cliff in the first month and never recovered. Matchmaking is STILL horrible. There's very little content for the asking price - even less now that there are modes removed from PC version that are still in Xbox One and Xbox 360 versions (Pilot Hunter, specifically). To address this, they'd like you to pay for more maps via DLC! The game is terribly optimized for PC with non-existent support (all Respawn support done through Twitter... what a laugh!). The final product ended up being a hot mess and that's truly a shame because this game seemed to have a lot of potential. Once the novelty of the Titans wears off, most people migrated back to COD for their twitch shooter needs, especially since COD caters to a wide range of players, not just those who want online multiplayer. Also, anyone who writes that the game has a "great story" is either trolling or a shill from EA or Respawn. The "campaign" mode in the game is a joke and the only way to find the backstory on the game is to read it from the Prima Guide! Seriously, the Prima Guide has almost 10 pages dedicated to the back story of the game world and the characters, most of which can't even be found on the official Titanfall site. Expand
  31. Mar 11, 2014
    This game has taken me back to the magic days of first discovering Halo:CE...the thrill of competition and a really good multiplayer game. I haven't really enjoyed an FPS online since Modern Warfare 2. The thrills and fun this game brings are just great.

Are the graphics the best? Nope. Is there a storyline? Not really. Are there a zillion million weapons? No. Is there an insane amount of fun that leaves me shaking after basically every round from adrenaline? You bet. It takes me back to a simpler time when we weren't worried about all the stigma the FPS genre has around it these days; back to just running around like mad and shooting things.

If you are looking for an in depth, story-driven game, this isn't for you. However, if you are looking for a fun way to kill a few hours and not even realize it...pick it up!
  32. Mar 25, 2014
    SO much promise. SUCH poor followthrough.

Patch one destroyed defense and turned Hardpoint into a reskinned Team Deatchmatch. If you're a twitchbunny this game is great. If you like to think, find another title. (On the technical side I should mention that lag compensation means that if you ping well you're actually at a disadvantage. Play in a different region, through a VPN, or
    SO much promise. SUCH poor followthrough.

(On the technical side I should mention that lag compensation means that if you ping well you're actually at a disadvantage. Play in a different region, through a VPN, or with your connection saturated by torrents for easymode melee kills and lollollol killcam ragequits.)
  33. Apr 24, 2014
    It's good for a distraction now and then when you want to turn your brain off and just run around shooting people and npc's at the same time. It plays flawlessly for me, lag is not an issue, the graphics look great and the game play is fun. This is not a game that sucks you into some grand story or anything - it's a 100% multiplayer FPS with some throw away robots in it.

Like I said at

Like I said at first - a fun distraction that provides a nice break in the day.
  34. Apr 28, 2014
    Story:
    Story:
    Unlike most games, Titanfall doesn't have a single player story mode, it has a "multiplayer campaign" mode. But this MP campaign does a horrible job of telling the player a story. The way the story is told is through dialogue sequences that pop up while you're playing, similar to Borderlands 2. However, it's harder to comprehend what the forgettable characters are talking about since the game is fast paced, and there are explosions, titans dropping, A.I. bots fighting, and enemy pilots all around you. So you'll be more focused on trying to stay alive rather than listening to the dialogue (I recommend turning subtitles on to help understand the dialogue). This "campaign" had 1 job: to give us context to what we were doing. What planet and what solar system are we in? Why are the Militia and the I.M.C. fighting? Where did the titans come from? These are some of the many questions that the campaign never answers (you'll probably have to check the wiki for the answers). Besides a small cutscene that plays at the start of each of the 9 missions, there's no difference between the MP campaign and the classic multiplayer. Also, completing all 9 missions should take you 70 minutes, but to unlock the other 2 titans, you'll have to beat the campaign on BOTH sides. To make matters worse, I had to restart a few of the missions because some of the players in my lobby would back out. This "story" mode is tacked on trash. 1/10

Gameplay/Multiplayer:
    Titanfall took things from multiple shooters and added some new things as well. The shooting and melee system is exactly like Call of Duty's, the parkour/free-running is similar to brink, and the movement is similar to Quake. The biggest thing that Respawn added is the addition of titans (mechs) fighting alongside infantry. Titan gameplay is similar to some of the other mech shooters out there with some cool abilities (a sheld that picks up projectiles and hurls them back at enemies, rocket pods, and electric smoke are some examples). The level design and the spawns are the game's highest points. There are 15 maps available on the base game, and all of them are well designed to cater to both pilot and titan gameplay. The spawns are also excellent, I played 12 hours of the multiplayer, and I didn't get spawn killed once. Another big new feature is the controversial A.I. bots. Even though the grunts and specters are extremely dumb, it doesn't hurt the game because the A.I's purpose isn't to be challenging and threatening, they're only there to increase the grand scale of the match (make it feel like Battlefield 4's 64 player matches), and to guide players to where the action is happening. Plus if you pay attention to the small dialogue the grunts say to each other, you'll know that they act dumb because they're suppose to make the players (pilots) feel like superior super soldiers (also explains why they can't use any abilities and why they move slow). So essentially, Grunts=Humans, Specters=Machines (that are suppose to take over infantry soldiers in the future), and Pilots (Players)=Spartans (Master Chief). So the bots aren't a bad thing to me. However, the biggest problem in the multiplayer is the lack of content available. As a pilot, you only get 10 weapons, 3 abilities, 12 perks, 3 sidearms, 4 anti-titan weapons, and 4 equipment. As a Titan, you get 3 titan choices, 6 weapons, 3 abilities, 4 rocket types, and 10 perks. There're also not many attachments you can put on either pilot or titan weapons. There's also no camos, character customization, or titan customization (only customization option outside of classes is gender). What's even pathetic is that you can't even name a loadout. Another problem with the game are the 90 SECOND PLUS LOAD TIMES which you'll be seeing a lot of. Balance is good (with the exception of the EVA-8 Shotgun. The smart pistol is weak against pilots), and burn cards (1 life abilities that boost your performance in-game) add some variety to your gameplay. Overall, the gameplay is good, but is lacking content. 7/10

Graphics:
    The game is colorful, but is running on a last gen engine. So that means the textures are weak. Honestly, these graphics remind me of Black Ops 2. 6/10

Sound:
    All the in-game battle sounds (gun shots, radio chatter, footsteps, titan sounds, etc.) are really good (even if they sound arcade-y). The only weak thing about the sound is the score. The score is extremely forgettable. Other than that, the sound here is great. 8/10

Verdict:
    Titanfall is good, but EXTREMELY over-hyped. There's barely a story here, the Multiplayer lacks customization, the load times are aggravatingly slow, the graphics are last gen, and the score is barely noticeably. As much as the multiplayer is fun (and better than the last 3 Call of Duties), This game is not worth buying a $500 XBox One just to play. On PC, I recommend a price drop before purchasing. Keep in mind the game takes up almost 48 GIGS of space, and most of that is audio files. 7/10
  35. Mar 18, 2014
    In my perspective when I was playing it was extremely fun, everything was balanced and having the titans completely tearing out the pilots out of their Titans its just amazing. The graphics the gun play its completely different from the typical Call of Duty series. The downside... The story is kinda dull and boring. In my thoughts I don't even think there is a story being told at all.In my perspective when I was playing it was extremely fun, everything was balanced and having the titans completely tearing out the pilots out of their Titans its just amazing. The graphics the gun play its completely different from the typical Call of Duty series. The downside... The story is kinda dull and boring. In my thoughts I don't even think there is a story being told at all. Weaponry not a lot of variety and the Titans they have not even enough at all just 3 Titans? Come on.... there's a lot of ideas of Mechs in tonnes of games. The price like $60 is just way too much for a game like this, too little content and could've had a better storyline if this was $40 maybe it would have been better because to me this game is kinda not at Triple A standard yet.

Overall this game is amazing from the despicable Call of Duty franchise where is just sequel after sequel of the exact same gameplay and only slight changes but to me this game shows the creative idea of Respawn Entertainment but if only they could had have more weaponry and titans with a much better storyline.
  36. Apr 30, 2014
    The first thing which shocked me was the size of this game to download and install : 34 GB of pure, uncompressed files. As such, there is way less content for what you would expect from a game this size.

The game in itself is good, nothing less, but it is far from epic. The titan fight in itself quite impressive, and brings a welcome change of pace mid-game. the possibility to run on the wall and parkour bring another dimension in infantry fights.

The multiplayer campaign in itself is a good idea with a broken execution, as the matchs results don't change the ending in any way. Also, the maps in the campaigns are not different from the standard multiplayer match, except for a voiceover.

The main issues ? after 8 hours of playing, you can have tested everything. Even Call Of Duty has more content. The graphics are also under waht you would expect from a so much recent game.

Overall, this game is a good alternative to CoD, but it is overrated.
  37. Feb 12, 2015
    I don't normally play shooters so keep that in mind. I really enjoy Titanfall. There is a dynamic to the pilots vs. titans that makes it feel great when you take down a titan (or severely injure) as a pilot. It keeps it fresh as even when you are a titan you are constantly watching out for pilots taking shots at you from windows, while trying to stay focused on fighting other titans. II don't normally play shooters so keep that in mind. I really enjoy Titanfall. There is a dynamic to the pilots vs. titans that makes it feel great when you take down a titan (or severely injure) as a pilot. It keeps it fresh as even when you are a titan you are constantly watching out for pilots taking shots at you from windows, while trying to stay focused on fighting other titans. I have seen the criticisms, but personally this is my favorite shooter in a long time. Expand
  38. Nov 29, 2014
    The game rocks! I love it! I got it from Origin about 10€ (Black Friday guys). For the price / performance ratio is excellent!

+= Gameplay, Multiplayer, graphics
    -= Weapons, Storyline
  39. Oct 19, 2014
    reasons for low score
    1. deprivation of customization
    2. severe lack of depth in game mechanic 3. catered too much to newbies making the game very silly and OVERLY casual ; big maps full of useless A.I.s but small player count leading to loose/ boring gameplay ; far less competitive than any COD/ even less tactical than COD. ; can't agree with the game design choices ; useless A.I.s/
    reasons for low score
    1. deprivation of customization
    2. severe lack of depth in game mechanic
    3. catered too much to newbies making the game very silly and OVERLY casual
    ; far less competitive than any COD/ even less tactical than COD.
    ; can't agree with the game design choices ; useless A.I.s/ complete removal of killstreaks, 6v6 in a huge map
    5. overhyped, overrated by media for a console war
  40. Sep 12, 2014
    This is an odd game... Technically it's good, the visuals are good, the game play is good. Unfortunately it feels like it's missing half of content. Some games can live without single player, some games even have a single player story and generally untouched by players (Battlefield 3/4) and people are generally okay with that. I guess it's cause Battlefield's levels are larger in scale andThis is an odd game... Technically it's good, the visuals are good, the game play is good. Unfortunately it feels like it's missing half of content. Some games can live without single player, some games even have a single player story and generally untouched by players (Battlefield 3/4) and people are generally okay with that. I guess it's cause Battlefield's levels are larger in scale and you can play vs a huge number of people. Titanfall just feels like it's stunted in many ways and with it's setting I would have liked a single player story.

They try and fit in some kind of negative for each sides of whatever is going on... but I could not piece it together in any way. There's some VO going on while you're technically playing a MP game, so I'm not even bothering to pay attention to what it's saying because some 13 year old kid is successfully p0wning me.

So this game is now collecting digital dust, I don't have much desire to go back to play it any time soon... if at all ever again.

Here's hoping they've learned their lesson from this and make a better Titanfall 2.
  41. Sep 8, 2014
    I have played this game at launch, so that's what the review is going to be aimed at. Also excluding the DLC.

Firstly let me make a quick summary that that I feel towards this game: it is flawed, but in un-enjoyable. I simply did not personally enjoy it that much. I simply did not like Titanfall for 1 reason: the absurdly non-existent amount of content that was released with the

I simply did not like Titanfall for 1 reason: the absurdly non-existent amount of content that was released with the game. Titanfall is a game that is by no means mechanically void or unpolished - quite the opposite. The game is amazingly well polished, has a lot of great varied mechanics that just make you want to play the game - but sometimes it feels like there is no game to be played.

There are several weapons for both the titans and the pilot, several perks, attachments and few upgrades. But really, in a shooter which is multiplayer focused, lacking any real singleplayer campaign, it is simply a joke. Games like Call of Duty not only provide arguably fun single player experiences, but the multiplayer thrives because it has so much complexity and customization added to it. If you took out single player out of CoD and left it with MP + Zombies, or even MP alone, it would still work. Because MP is already complete. Titanfall simply feels incomplete. It seems like Respawn stuck to adding one weapon for a given weapon type, such as 1 burst rifle, 1 semi-auto rifle etc. It's nice, but not enough.

Talking about the "campaign", it's just dreadful. It's basically multiplayer matches but with some voice overs added. I guess it works fine since it's in a multiplayer game and it doesn't interfere with MP gameplay, but then, what the hell is the point of even including it in the game? It just feels lackluster, like they stiched it on in the last second "just cause". In the end I found it annoying because I had to play the stupid campaign 3 times to get all the titans, normally 2, but the game glitched out and didn't count my playthrough. I just wanted to get it over and done with so I could get my titan - it was just painful.

The game also came with a reasonable number of maps, and they were very well designed and fit for purpose. They were also fun due to the AI soldier killing which servers as a secondary objective in the game, and it's great because it also kills the filler time in between the big fights with pilots and titans.

In the end, I didn't really enjoy titanfall. For all the fun that I had in the game, I had just as much displeasure of playing the game. On top of that, the game certainly does not live up to its price tag - in any way, shape or form. Some people looking for some monday night thrills would certainly enjoy the game, but I personally did not enjoy it at points. But I have to give it to them, the game is VERY polished. I did not even find a single bug in the game and the game ran silky smooth.
  42. Jun 22, 2014
    +++ Pros +++
    1. Fresh idea of multiplayer combat.
    2. 15 maps are ok and are well designed and different. 3. Graphics are ok on max settings. - - - Cons - - - 1. No Co-op. Just versus modes (the campaign is a mix of them). 2. The lobby system and matchmaking are pathetic. 3. Loading times and connecting issues are very long. 4. Indestructible objects - everything is static. 5. Team
    +++ Pros +++
    1. Fresh idea of multiplayer combat.
    2. 15 maps are ok and are well designed and different.
    3. Graphics are ok on max settings.
    - - - Cons - - -
    1. No Co-op. Just versus modes (the campaign is a mix of them).
    2. The lobby system and matchmaking are pathetic.
    3. Loading times and connecting issues are very long.
    4. Indestructible objects - everything is static.
    5. Team deadthmatch 4 vs 6 and lvl 2 vs lvl 26 is a bad joke.

If you like multiplayer shooters where you spend more time in the lobby than actual playing and where cheating is legit,then this game might be for you.
  43. May 18, 2014
    Okay, the Titanfall gameplay itself is really fun, and I enjoy playing most of the time, the place where the game falls apart is everything outside of the actual match.

Every patch Respawn has put out for the game has either failed to address issues present since the game launched or made the game operate worse than it did before. Loading times have significantly increased since the last 2 patches, matchmaking does a terrible job of matching up team of even close to equal skill, and it can take 10-20 minutes at times before the game will even find an opposing team for you to play against, or will just drop you into a game that is basically already lost, count the loss against you and then break up your new team again because you lost so badly.

The new DLC has also fractured the playerbase, making it even harder to find matches, uneven or at all, and Respawn has also removed easy access to CTF and Pilot Hunter game modes in what seems to be an attempt to drive players into playing the more popular modes to possibly help improve matchmaking, which it hasn't.

The game itself is good, but everything surrounding the game, as well as lack of communication and support from Respawn drag this game down to the point that I am concerned I bought a game that will soon die due to lack of effort to keep it alive on the PC by Respawn. At this point I wouldn't recommend it to a friend.
  44. Sep 9, 2014
    I wouldn't say Titanfall is a bad game, but it does harness every issue that the Call Of Duty games do, the spawns are spotty and the gun balance is off.(Certain weapons are much better in terms of accuracy and power than others, it is as simple as that) But aside from that, Titanfall can be very fun at times, the mix between titan and pilot combat is very satisfying. BUT that being said,I wouldn't say Titanfall is a bad game, but it does harness every issue that the Call Of Duty games do, the spawns are spotty and the gun balance is off.(Certain weapons are much better in terms of accuracy and power than others, it is as simple as that) But aside from that, Titanfall can be very fun at times, the mix between titan and pilot combat is very satisfying. BUT that being said, because of the nature of the parkour system, it makes the pilot on pilot combat incredibly clunky, you will both be bunny hopping around seeing who can hipfire who first, it just feel like dumb luck will win you that battle, this seems significantly more difficult with a controller, which if you are playing the PC version puts you at a huge disadvantage as you literally cannot jump, shoot and aim at the same time, whereas people playing with a mouse and keyboard can. BUT this isn't that big of an issue , it is just incredibly clunky and frustrating when it happens. The issue I have is the content, or the lack thereof, for a multi-player only game you'd expect this game to have a TON of content. Well it has a lot of maps, about 15 with the base game, that is a lot of maps, but maps aren't the issue, the issue is the lack of any other content, there are about 11 main class weapons, which really isn't many, then 3 anit titan weapons and 6 titan weapons. Overall that is 21 weapons, it seems like a lot, but it really isn't. Call Of Duty Black Ops 2(Which ISN'T an MP only game may I add) has over 30 PRIMARY weapons and 6 secondaries. Titanfall has no real weapon customization either, aside from maybe 2-3 attachments, I mean c'mon guys, it isn't 2007 anymore, in CoD 4 this was okay, because it set the standard for all future games, but it just feels like we've gone back in time, In-fact CoD 4 actually had more attachments per weapon than Titanfall does AND it had visual weapon unlocks. AGAIN Titanfall is a MP ONLY GAME The game itself isn't bad but it just becomes incredibly boring because of the lack of thnigs to unlock and things to do, after you've unlocked the SMG, you have NO reason to wait for other unlocks, because they DON'T get any better from this point. Titanfall could have been the amazing return of the MW guys, but unfortunately they spent 4 years working on an excellent concept to fall short because of a lack of content Expand
  45. Jul 17, 2014
    As I sit at my keyboard I am overwhelmed with many great things about this game. However it's difficult to give it a solid score because they clearly cut so many corners to rush it out on the market. Is it asking a lot to include an actual campaign mode? Not everyone wants to be pushed into a matchmaking session every time they pick up the controller. It's clear they had a lot of greatAs I sit at my keyboard I am overwhelmed with many great things about this game. However it's difficult to give it a solid score because they clearly cut so many corners to rush it out on the market. Is it asking a lot to include an actual campaign mode? Not everyone wants to be pushed into a matchmaking session every time they pick up the controller. It's clear they had a lot of great ideas when it comes to controls and game play. It's just unfortunate that they couldn't keep that train going. It just feels as though they gave up 3/4 of the way through development. I don't know if they were rushed to get it onto the market or if this is actually what they envisioned the final product looking like. Either way it's like going out with a hot chick. You're willing to overlook many things at first because of the visuals but at the end of the day when you're laying in bed talking you quickly realize there is nothing beneath the surface...and that my friend is a bummer. 6/10 Expand
  46. Oct 24, 2014
    Titanfall an FPS with a MOB'a twist. Is it fun yes but is it anything new from CoD? Not really.
    The guys that did CoD now try a different spin on the FPS with a more vertical take and with mechs/titans. It's fun for the first 3-4 hours bet then you realize that the game doesn't offer that much.
    Low amount of guns and upgrades, only three titans and technically no single-player campaign.
    The first time I've played the game I just felt like a CoD game but little bit better. Smooth jumping, lot of killing and boom Titan. After a while you see that there are not that many modes of play, your pick of weapons, kits and ordnance is very limited and you ask your self where did all the time and money go?
    Game has potential maybe for Titanfall 2 but I think people still need a good single-player experience for the money they pay. Multi-player is good but beside of killing mobs it's nothing new in a FPS.
    Got it for 14£. An ok buy. Played for 10-12h but after that not interested any more. Maybe when I get bored with other shooters I will come back to Titanfall.
    6 out of 10. Not bad not good just in the middle.
  47. May 28, 2014
    Titanfall is a fast pace FPS mech simulator that will take what you think of a traditional battlefield and throw you for a loop. This game is simply brilliant for its multiplayer elements. Running along roof tops and jumping through windows or blasting people with your Titan. You will feel like a combination of Unreal tournament, Assassins creed, COD, and mech warrior. I must say it’s aTitanfall is a fast pace FPS mech simulator that will take what you think of a traditional battlefield and throw you for a loop. This game is simply brilliant for its multiplayer elements. Running along roof tops and jumping through windows or blasting people with your Titan. You will feel like a combination of Unreal tournament, Assassins creed, COD, and mech warrior. I must say it’s a hell of a good combo.

The downfall of titanfall is the source engine it’s based on. While Valves engine has powered many a good game it simply feels old in the tooth most of the time you play this game. To add insult to injury is the major lack of customization and locking the entire customization till the player has advanced to a certain level. While it’s a fun game I feel like it’s a one trick pony and will quickly fall in popularity unless the customization issues are fixed. But knowing the source engine that is going to be allot of time and coding.
  48. May 29, 2014
    I was hoping for something more along the lines of Unreal Tournament. Don't get me wrong, Titanfall does move in that direction. But in the end, it is still a very casual experience with extremely little content on offer.

Alas, the days of mods, custom game modes, user-created maps and any kind of free content are a thing of the past. Lacking even the capability to host private

Lacking even the capability to host private games, this is a casual shoot-em-up for a quick, simple blast.
  49. May 1, 2014
    First of all this is a fun game. Atleast when your winning. The reason for my 6/10 is that they still after all this time (bought it around release) have not fixed matchmaking. The problem I find is that you most of the time tend to win buy alot or lose by alot. This is a problem for a game such as this. We want even and fair games that makes us feel good when we win and when we lose itFirst of all this is a fun game. Atleast when your winning. The reason for my 6/10 is that they still after all this time (bought it around release) have not fixed matchmaking. The problem I find is that you most of the time tend to win buy alot or lose by alot. This is a problem for a game such as this. We want even and fair games that makes us feel good when we win and when we lose it should be because we fought well against the other team.

The game is beautiful and the mechanics are brilliant to say the least. But the online only play with a lackluster campaign for the whoping 60 dollars is abit to much for rather repetetive gameplay.
  50. May 7, 2014
    When I first played the beta, my reaction was "Wow I'm playing Titanfall! This is amazing!" Then, when I payed $60 for this, the first few hours were insanely fun. But then, after just playing for exactly 4 hours, this game just got boring. As many other reviews say, this game hugely lacks content. Plus, the campaign is just multiplayer with commentary by the characters whose names I can'tWhen I first played the beta, my reaction was "Wow I'm playing Titanfall! This is amazing!" Then, when I payed $60 for this, the first few hours were insanely fun. But then, after just playing for exactly 4 hours, this game just got boring. As many other reviews say, this game hugely lacks content. Plus, the campaign is just multiplayer with commentary by the characters whose names I can't even remember. If you were hoping this game would be a gem then you are not in luck. Expand
  51. May 9, 2014
    Titanfall is great fun! But it is not value for money.

Titanfall is great fun! But it is not value for money.

GREAT FUN - Gameplay is extremely FAST! The literal speed at which a player can travel is new to me in FPS. Wall running is a hoot! It opens up new gameplay strategies. Commanding a Titan is awesome and Titan skirmishes are extremely satisfying. I had to get used to the fact that the guns in this game have barely any recoil at all. But then what do you expect from guns of the future? I hated Call of Duty. I bought COD 3 but it wasn't my kind of a game. I preferred Counter Strike GO or Battlefield 3. But I love this game. Its definitely worth a try for FPS lovers.

NOT VALUE FOR MONEY- The game is a multiplayer only game. So even if you want to practise match privately with bots, you can't do it. CSGO allows it at its cheap price but Titanfall doesn't. You cant practise on maps! How screwed up is that! Also for a game that is looking to redefine online play, it does not have any of the features one would expect from it. I should be able to watch a replay for the match. But no feature exists. I should be able to save matches, watch my friends matches, just like in Dota. Because quite frankly they charge me $59.99. Even in India where games are out cheaper. So where are the missing features? Buy them off Titanfall 2? I also wanted a few HUGE maps. And a few modes where there are 10 v 10 or 15 v 15 battles on a larger scale to feel the madness of war. Instead I have to pay for every 3 map pack they release.

This game is definitely lots of fun. But does make me feel that Respawn has short changed me by just giving me half my money's worth.
  52. May 12, 2014
    There was alot of hype about this game. And when i went to test the beta out, it reminded me of battlefield 2142. I just remember the mechs look similar to the titans. Will since i never played battlefield 2142 because back then the game require a heavy system that i couldnt afford, and the pc i had was not that great to even run the game. Almost 7 years later i now buy battlefield 2142,There was alot of hype about this game. And when i went to test the beta out, it reminded me of battlefield 2142. I just remember the mechs look similar to the titans. Will since i never played battlefield 2142 because back then the game require a heavy system that i couldnt afford, and the pc i had was not that great to even run the game. Almost 7 years later i now buy battlefield 2142, and wow, is it me or since i turn the setting all the way up, this game is looking really good. Maybe this game was intended for future graphics cards, as i can finally see what they were talking about. So i dont have a real powerful pc now to run titansfall, so i had to lower the setting for the graphics card a tad. To me, battlefield 2142 gameplay is better. This seems like a bad trip of cod gone halo / mirror edge night mare. Sure the graphics are amazing but heck thats not what makes a game. Im going to say if you want a great game buy Battlefield 2142, and turn up the graphics to max, since you can now see that technology can handle it as normal. Also i just wont spend 50 bucks on a game that is overhyped like titansfall. Expand
  53. May 27, 2014
    I hate to admit it but yes.............i believed the hype.

I hate to admit it but yes.............i believed the hype.

This game could have been soooo much more then just another Shooter with a crap (in this case no) story mode, produced for the sole intention of selling you the buyer ,DLC map packs. Is this what we as a gaming community have come to embrace from games now. Dont get me wrong, titanfall is a super good game i loved it. I played the crap out of it, but I'm just very disappointed in the model of skimping me on content. I think we all wanted some epic frankly Halo moments from this game and just didn't get them. Don't buy at full price get a used copy and i will not be buying your DLC sorry sell me a better game.
  54. Dec 8, 2014
    best multiplayer shooter + mech shooter out there ever...

hoping to see more contents soon to expand the universe! rather than just a few lame map packs.
  55. Jan 26, 2015
    This is a great game, I totally love fps and this one is thrilling. The only issues with this game are the following:
    1. weapon balancing / play-style(this game actually plays like UT(Unreal Tournament), so the sniper rifles are not firing fast enough to keep up(they fire like ones from WW2 when it fact they should fire like "rail guns"(its sci-fi you know). Smart pistol are ridiculously annoying combined with bunny hoping(i think it almost ruin the game, at one point it's easy to counter(R-97 SMG).

2. Game mode, there is not a big enough pool of player for all game modes, they should be combined somehow to figure a way.
  56. Aug 26, 2014
    Simply put: CLEARLY COD WITH LESS PLAYERS, MORE WORTHLESS AI GRUNTS, AND ROBOTS THAT ARE OP AGAINST SOLDIERS AND WEAK AGAINST EACH OTHER OFFENSIVELY BUT OP DEFENSIVELY.

And, worse of all... BORING! Little to none infantry attention from developers, few weapons, ONLY 1 SHOTGUN, and on PC 54GB OF SOUND FILES???????? WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUU.... I had to create a folder through CMD that

I had to create a folder through CMD that exists in my OTHER HDD but the PC understands as if it were in my SSD... because 54GB as an excuse for allowing people with dual core CPUs to play better IS THE MOST RETARDED THING I'VE HEARD.

IF YOU HAVE A DUAL CORE PC YOU SHOULDN'T EVEN BE PLAYING THIS GAME. PERIOD!!!!!!

While it is fun at first, it quickly becomes repetitive and dull with titans slaughtering ground units and cornering each other against other Titans... and it feels more like an adventure hunting game for other PCs, as you will kill and encounter grunts for 80-90% of the time. Seriously, this is next gen...

THE PS3 HAD GAMES WITH 264 PLAYERS....or 64 idk BUT 12 PLAYER PER MATCH IS RIDICULOUS...
    ON PC, WHERE WE CAN AND SHOULD HAVE LARGE SCALE BATTLES AND **** STORMING AND GOING DOWN! Sad really... sad.

And the fact this doesn't even have a single player AND has to player through CRAP ORIGIN and STILL GETTING PERFECT SCORES AND EXCELLENT RATING IS PATHETIC!

IGN: Believe the Hype... MY ASS!

Final Verdict:
    If you are willing to search online outside of origin and big name retailers for a bargain deal on titanfall, and FIND IT FOR LESS THAN $25 I'd still be cautious with your money... this game is a dangerous precedent for gaming everywhere.... CRITICS AND US ARE CLAIMING THESE **** FOR GIVING US LESS AND NO CAMPAIGN WHILE STILL CHARGING $60+.... WHAT THE ****

Dont buy it really, it is forgettable and repetitive.
  57. Sep 4, 2014
    Very little to this game, becomes very quickly a repetitive game where you become quite bored, very little objective game is ever played correctly, quite disappointed that everything is so RUN RUN JUMP SHOOT SHOOT RUN RUN.... there is no tactical way to play this game and everyone's favourite HACKERS GALORE
  58. Sep 17, 2014
    I played Titanfall in the early beta stage and enjoyed it very much. i purchased it quite a while a go and at first i enjoyed it. The multi player is very fun and fast paced. the only problem is the lack of customization, there are only around 10 primary weapons of which have about 8 attachments each. this meant that the game is very fun but at the same time it gets boring after a while.I played Titanfall in the early beta stage and enjoyed it very much. i purchased it quite a while a go and at first i enjoyed it. The multi player is very fun and fast paced. the only problem is the lack of customization, there are only around 10 primary weapons of which have about 8 attachments each. this meant that the game is very fun but at the same time it gets boring after a while.
    i would recommend this game but be warned it gets boring shortly after.
  59. Jan 5, 2015
    This game struck me the most as a FPS from times of Battlefield 2. It´s a great sci-fi full of epic and very entertaining multi-player battles, where you can almost every day unlock something new. You shall love it...
  60. Nov 21, 2014
    This game is a refreshing take on the FPS genre. Game play is quick and varied, weapons are balanced and even doing something simple like bouncing around the map as a pilot getting from A to B is a joy to do. No need to worry about classes, or med kits, or vehicle repairs - just load up and start.

Something else I liked was how accommodating I found this game to new players. If you aren't feeling very confident, it's simple to grab a smart pistol and pop off some bots. It means someone who's new can focus on one thing at a time - once they get used to the movement system (necessary to get close enough to use the pistol) they can try out something else. There's a real change of pace once your titan arrives, which helps to keep things fresh.

The "campaign" mode is good fun, as it adds an element of excitement to the missions, with interesting cut scenes, scripted events and speeches prior to battle which stops the bout become just another meaningless grind fest.

Some textures could use some work however. The texture quality is especially noticeable during "space" cut scenes, where I would rate them as poor. This is a shame, as everything else offers plenty of opportunities to inspire awe. It is also worth keeping in mind that the game worlds look far better when you're sprinting through them than if you're standing still, but that's how it should be, as it's so much fun just running around that you really wont want to stay in place for too long.

The lack of a single player campaign was a shame, but at the same time I'd rather one isn't included at all than having a bad one. The campaign on Battlefield 4 for instance was so lame it would have been better had it never existed. A few more maps in different environments wouldn't have gone amiss either - yes the ones that are included have a lot of character, but having a space mission, or ocean, or aerial, or jungle etc., would have been appreciated.
  61. Nov 24, 2014
    Speed, wall walking, jet pack are part of the game. I'am a Gen10Lvl50 and still playing. This game should get more support for tournament. Respawn crew done a very great job. The music made great ambiance. The people who don't like it are smart pistol user. I played the game from day 1. One thing had been change at CTF flag carrier is no longer able to climb in his own titan. Same for theSpeed, wall walking, jet pack are part of the game. I'am a Gen10Lvl50 and still playing. This game should get more support for tournament. Respawn crew done a very great job. The music made great ambiance. The people who don't like it are smart pistol user. I played the game from day 1. One thing had been change at CTF flag carrier is no longer able to climb in his own titan. Same for the prologue when the ship is there no longer able to nuke it by nuclear eject. If you wanna play CTF your limited to the OEM map, it could be very cool to be able to play on ALL maps!
    Very like this game, the programers done a very good job. More weapon should be available, customize pilot / titan color / icon / shape. Instead of those little details it's awesome.
  62. Dec 19, 2014
    This is a amazing game everyone should buy it. This game can satisfy even players that are new to the fps genre. They do this by having one of the guns you start with be the mk5 smart pistol. This gun has auto-lock-on but it locks on to grunts quicker and takes some time to lock onto humans.
  63. Jan 8, 2015
    This game is amazing! I love the way titans and humans can work well together or against each other, they fit well in the game. My only problem is that you can't play offline. You should be able to play against bots when disconnected from the servers, or just if you want to practise. It's not like this game can't handle bots, as they appear in the training when you first play the game. IThis game is amazing! I love the way titans and humans can work well together or against each other, they fit well in the game. My only problem is that you can't play offline. You should be able to play against bots when disconnected from the servers, or just if you want to practise. It's not like this game can't handle bots, as they appear in the training when you first play the game. I just want to be able to play games against bots. Expand
  64. Mar 17, 2014
    The game feels very simple for what it's being compared to.The Call Of Duty Series i mean

But the simplicity is one of what of the best thing but it's biggest downfall.On one side having a limited amount of guns makes the game more balanced and making each gun feel more polished but because of the limited amount of attachment,ability's ect make the game feel small for what it's meant to be

The second biggest downfall is it's own hype.Every man and his dog got super hyped for this game (even ea) and like most things it inst "The Best Game Ever" as the most of the press are making it out to be.

If this game was indie or it's wasn't hyped as much this would be getting a ten but because of the little amount of game modes and maps for a online game it's slightly disappointing.

Still worth a play tho.
  65. Mar 17, 2014
    Titanfall isn't as revolutionary as the hype would make you believe. At its heart, it is a COD style shooter with the pace ramped up. There are elements incorporated into the gameplay that haven't been mixed together in the FPS genre before, but nothing that hasn't been seen in other first person games.

Now, I'm fine with a game being multiplayer only, but it needs to be one hell of a multiplayer experience, and Titanfall just doesn't have that. Essentially you are paying full price for a multiplayer game with only 4 game modes and 15 maps.

The interesting elements of Titanfall are the parkour-esc maneuvers you can do to get around the map, which brings to mind the very fluid movements you could achieve in "Mirror's Edge", and the ability to summon a mech to climb inside and blast your enemies with. Unfortunately those features just don't seem to fit together too smoothly, and makes the game feel more like a mish mash of games, rather than a whole new experience

There are no leaderboards, and the game doesn't keep track of your k/d ratio or any of your stats for even your own personal knowledge, so you never feel like you should keep playing to achieve something or get better. A multiplayer game really needs something like that, or else it feels shallow, and when all your game has is multiplayer the last thing you want is your game to feel shallow.

All in all, Titanfall isn't a bad game. If i saw it on sale for a good price then i would likely pick it up. At it's current price tag though it is definitely not worth it, and i am thankful for the Origin Great Game Guarantee so i could get my money back.
  66. Mar 15, 2014
    I had lots of fun playing this game at first. Hours of running along things and jumping over people as I gun them down from above but eventually, and rather quickly I must admit, you get the gist of it and the game died down quick for me since then. As I wrapped things up reaching level 50 I had already found myself getting bored with the limitations of the game. As I got hyped playingI had lots of fun playing this game at first. Hours of running along things and jumping over people as I gun them down from above but eventually, and rather quickly I must admit, you get the gist of it and the game died down quick for me since then. As I wrapped things up reaching level 50 I had already found myself getting bored with the limitations of the game. As I got hyped playing the beta wondering how many weapons and attachments and what all customization we would get in the final release I was shocked to discover most of the game modes were in the beta, a good portion of the guns were with limited attachments for all weapons, and the only thing you're really getting in the full release is a ton of admittedly beautiful and brilliant maps. The games no graphical marvel which is fine because I'm not that picky as to how far a game can push things so long as the game looks good at what it does and this game really does look beautiful and runs extremely smooth for me. The "Campaign" from what I can tell is a sound bite and an altered way of dropping into a few of the multiplayer maps with a story that eludes most and puts in as well as kills off and pulls out characters you don't know or care about. After I beat both sides of the "campaign" I proceeded to grind the few available game modes for levels and unlocks. After putting ~40 hours into the game I found myself running the same routes in attrition to farm grunts for a quick titan at the start, nading popular pilot routes, knowing the best ways to cap and defend hardpoints, and finding my preferred way of fighting titans with my titan and then it just became monotonous rinse and repeat game play. I hate to compare this to CoD but at least CoD has modes to play against bots or a single-player to go through if you don't feel like doing another online match but with this game once you've tried the few weapons and game modes available and you want to try or do something new..your only options are to either painstakingly adjust your method of play until you feel it's mastered or play another game for a new experience. I hope good DLC comes to fix this. Great game for a good time overall but once again it's short lived and seemed incompletely like they haven't gotten around to adding a lot of stuff to it which doesn't justify the $60 price tag currently. I'll probably still hop on and check in to see if things change and to enjoy a game here or there but this doesn't come across like one of those games anyone dedicates themselves to and nothing else. Expand
  67. Mar 17, 2014
    Got this game for £27.98 which is a bargain, was looking forward to it. Had a great start with training and then went into the campaign online mode. Great visuals and super smooth moment and game play. We won the first mission, awesome. Lost the second :( This is where it got strange, the campaign mode continued and kept going when you win or loose??? I did both side as this is forced onGot this game for £27.98 which is a bargain, was looking forward to it. Had a great start with training and then went into the campaign online mode. Great visuals and super smooth moment and game play. We won the first mission, awesome. Lost the second :( This is where it got strange, the campaign mode continued and kept going when you win or loose??? I did both side as this is forced on you to get the additional Titans.

So after that out of the way I played the regular games online with friends and it's just as clean and smooth but it just repeats and repeats and is so fast you are unable to work as team, I cannot span or support my buddies and work together. Not long after I started to get bored.

The next day we played Last titan standing. This helped. It helped as we started in Titans and together so we could work together. But again several hours later I'm getting bored of the same thing and the same style of play. Now I am level 49 and have everything unlocked it seems pointless to me?

This is very sad, I was so looking forward to the game only to be bored so easy with eh same game play all the time and nothing different or better unlocks to change your game style.

I have to say I am disappointed and hope they add to the limited 5 game modes and 12 maps, maybe add to the hunt the 6 enemy on huge maps that can cloak to something better.

My advice, get it cheap to go on from time to time but don't expect the latest and greatest shooter, this isn't it.
  68. Jun 22, 2014
    Titanfall suffers from a number of issues, one of which is lack of content.

There are few weapons, few attachments, few gadgets, etc. Now, a limited number of weapons is not an issue if they require practice to improve your skill. Like Counter-Strike for example, where most players use a limited number of weapons that require practice to master. That's not the case in Titanfall.
    Titanfall suffers from a number of issues, one of which is lack of content.

That's not the case in Titanfall. The weapons of Titanfall do not require skill developed through repetition, they are laser weapons with fake recoil, the weapon kicks, but its effect on accuracy is non-existent.

The parkour gameplay mechanic is also simplistic and does not require even a tenth the skill required to move efficiently in a game such as Unreal or Quake, and any comparison to those old-school shooters is insulting.

But what vexes me the most is the terrible A.I. controlled grunts whose mere existence shatters the illusion of a battle between two human factions who posses fully developed brains by acting in the most robotic manner imaginable.

It's one thing for the ROBOTS to behave like robots, but to see the human grunts behave like that is pathetic.

Paper targets at the gun range put up more of a fight.

It's clear to me they were trying to develop a more casual and approachable shooter than even Call of Duty, and they succeeded by taking the Call of Duty formula and adding these simpleton A.I. opponents so that even your grandmother could get a few kills.

To summarize: Titanfall is a shallow, repetitive and dull barebones shooter from developers known for making shallow, repetitive and casual shooters, and will surely entertain casual gamers and those who aren't "hardcore" into first-person shooters.

0/10, would not shootbang.
  69. Mar 15, 2014
    $60 and all the hype this game garnered is the reason for the low review.

I thought this game was the second coming of Christ for all the hype before release. I NEVER buy games on release unless it is something I know I will love (Civ, etc.) Talk about getting your a$$ pummeled coming late to the game with guys at level 50 with super sniper scope half mile head shot and you have
    $60 and all the hype this game garnered is the reason for the low review.

Talk about getting your a$$ pummeled coming late to the game with guys at level 50 with super sniper scope half mile head shot and you have this crap level 1 pea shooter. Real fun to be noobed over and over again. I think I got to level 4 and that was the worst 2 hours of my life. Each game takes like 15 minutes to finally load. No single player campaign to help bide the time. If you are an ultra competitive online player you ought to love the game. I like to play with a controller on my PC with a beer layed out in the lazy boy.

I am not sure what those graphics all the publicity shows but the game kinda reminds me of original XBox days.

I don't think I will ever buy an EA game again unless it is $10 or under.

EA tactics seem to be the bottom line of their pocketbook, not the welfare of gamers. I am done with EA.
  70. May 15, 2014
    Had high hopes for this, costed a lot of money and after 2 weeks it got stale. Also i dont like being forced to use origin. why cant EA just give us the choice to use steam
  71. Mar 15, 2014
    Amazing for the first 20 or so hours. Afterwards its shortfalls are blatantly glaring. Few weapons, few titans options. The only viable way to play the game is run and gun. While that in itself can be fun, it gets incredibly old after a while due mainly to the lack of customization. I would say you can only use 3 of the guns offered as the rest are just impractical on every level. ThereAmazing for the first 20 or so hours. Afterwards its shortfalls are blatantly glaring. Few weapons, few titans options. The only viable way to play the game is run and gun. While that in itself can be fun, it gets incredibly old after a while due mainly to the lack of customization. I would say you can only use 3 of the guns offered as the rest are just impractical on every level. There are a decent amount of maps, however you will inevitably be playing on the same 3 or 4 maps every time you play. 60 dollars was a big chunk of change to pay for this as well. If you do not have a stable internet connection the game is also very unforgiving. If I had rated this game immediately after I had bought it, I would rate it a 9 or 10. However it gets old fast. Real fast. Expand
  72. Mar 20, 2014
    Let me honestly tell you I bought the game for PC and I completely regret not playing the beta first. You would think that since the developer omitted a solid single player experience, that online would be a whole new expansive experience but its far from that. Such a cliche amount of few game modes and poor COD like gameplay. If you're into Battlefield 4 i suggest you stay away from thisLet me honestly tell you I bought the game for PC and I completely regret not playing the beta first. You would think that since the developer omitted a solid single player experience, that online would be a whole new expansive experience but its far from that. Such a cliche amount of few game modes and poor COD like gameplay. If you're into Battlefield 4 i suggest you stay away from this game. If you love a mediocre game like Cod then i guess you would like this. Expand
  73. Mar 23, 2014
    Before I start making my review I am NOT an PS fanboy
    Pros:
    Great Graphics Good Controls Smooth Framerate Great Mechanics that have never been in a game before (almost) Cons: No Real Storymode Tons of Bugs Lack of Content Tons of Lag Most maps are REALLY Bad Without Mechs it would just be some Generic Shooter Idiotic A.I. Without Singleplayer this game will become useless in
    Before I start making my review I am NOT an PS fanboy
    Pros:
    Great Graphics
    Good Controls
    Smooth Framerate
    Great Mechanics that have never been in a game before (almost)
    Cons:
    No Real Storymode
    Tons of Bugs
    Idiotic A.I.
    Without Singleplayer this game will become useless in the next 5-10 year
    Recommendation:Xbox Fanboys
  74. Apr 14, 2014
    not possible to perform events when you take every time frags. then you can not vote for the maps, you can not throw a cheater, there are only seven weapons if I'm not mistaken. No single player campaign, the game is not optimized. Opens all six hours later and already know what you're going to play a robot and the pilot. the game is very much enrages many annoying things.60 dollars tonot possible to perform events when you take every time frags. then you can not vote for the maps, you can not throw a cheater, there are only seven weapons if I'm not mistaken. No single player campaign, the game is not optimized. Opens all six hours later and already know what you're going to play a robot and the pilot. the game is very much enrages many annoying things.60 dollars to give for it is not recommend to anyone!!!! Expand
  75. Mar 17, 2014
    Titanfall is Ok. Too bad the PC port has been put on the back burner to get the Xbox One version to shine brighter. Even on a decent PC, performance is not that great, getting lots of tearing with or without Vsync. The game has no support for SLI at the moment, and PC install size is 50Gigs, which is ridiculous for the size of the game. I just hope the PC version gets patched with decentTitanfall is Ok. Too bad the PC port has been put on the back burner to get the Xbox One version to shine brighter. Even on a decent PC, performance is not that great, getting lots of tearing with or without Vsync. The game has no support for SLI at the moment, and PC install size is 50Gigs, which is ridiculous for the size of the game. I just hope the PC version gets patched with decent performance before the interest goes away. Graphics are ok, nothing really next-gen here.

Campaign mode is boring, story line in not interesting, just a run thru the maps with some guys talking in the background. Win or loose, the story follows thru no matter the outcome. Multiplayer with only 12 players... why only 12 players? Probably because having 32 players all spawning Titans at the same time would have made the game suck.

ok. So that the game doesn't feel so empty they added AI bots that respawn inifinite times. Saying AI is bad on these bots would be an insult to Bad AI, these guys are utterly useless. You can drop in a room with 4 of these bots, kill them all and not even get shot at once. They are that stupid. What make them annoying if that from a distance, you cannot know if it's a player or a grunt.

The game's mechanics are well balanced. running around is fast, and techniques like wall jumping is easy to do and becomes second nature after your 3rd match. weapons are fun, but a little limited. Titans are fun to play in, but if you've played any mech games, it's nothing new. The game does a good job to combine both worlds (Running around as a Pilot vs in a Titan), but I feel the maps are too small to really have fun with the mechs. Titan battles are usually short and done at melee distance, I would have loved to have maps the size of BF4 with destructible buildings so that using a Titan feels more powerful than it does now. Having a 25 feet high Titan stopped by a 3 foot high wooden box when is walks doesn't really feel powerful...

Overall a nice game, but I think it's been much too hyped compared to what it offers long term.
  76. Mar 18, 2014
    people dont understand that sometimes the singleplayer campaign matters to and this one had a terrible one not to mention the occasional bugs in the game come on respawn we accepted more
  77. Mar 18, 2014
    GOOD: innovative mechanic of mech gameplay where one can get out of their mech; good respawns; innovative game mode in attrition; new abilities like the vortex shield, etc.; excellent parkour; addicting multiplayer; innovative type of feel of a MOBA with grunts and specters; burn cards; good graphics

BAD: story is non-existent because it is so straight forward; losing a match in the campaign will not affect the storyline; scripted campaign missions where you can win but they say you lost even if you beat the other team; short campaign where both combined lasted me 3 1/2 hours; the campaign only uses two game modes; small variety of game modes where most of them are tacked on(like CTF); few guns available(10 for pilots and 6 for titans); smart pistol aims for you which means you don't require skill at the beginning of the game to rank up when you can just use it; no customization for your titan or pilot(this game was perfect for it); not a lot of content; this game was supposed to be a system seller for XBOX ONE but you can just get it for PC which is a lot better

FINAL VERDICT: this game is good at its core and fun now but not in a few months. Titanfall barely squeezes in a 6/10. I was looking for some innovation in the FPS genre but most of the game was tacked on for me. If interested in the game, wait for the price to drop to $30 which in my opinion was supposed to be the price for this game given the amount of content in the game.
  78. May 7, 2014
    This game seems to have so many problems, yet seem so ignored. I guess people do not play the pc version of it then. As if the xbox had problems. Let us start with the technical difficulties. For the first two months (I say this because I was so mad at the poor performance this game has, and quit it several times.) I couldn't even play the game without crashing as much as 80 % of the timeThis game seems to have so many problems, yet seem so ignored. I guess people do not play the pc version of it then. As if the xbox had problems. Let us start with the technical difficulties. For the first two months (I say this because I was so mad at the poor performance this game has, and quit it several times.) I couldn't even play the game without crashing as much as 80 % of the time I played it. now I only crash like 15-20% of the time I play it now. maybe less. still consistent. But that is just a part of the heap of problems this game has. What's more it has ridicilous load times, which was recently even furthered by some patch meant to fix something else. Maybe it has to do with the ridicilous 50 gigabyte folder that you will have on your computer when installing this. maybe that's why it takes so long to load the right files. 50. gigabyte. Whereas 35 gigabyte (!) is uncompressed soundfiles, which of half is likely nonsense dialogue that nobody gives a damn about. The best game sound I've heard comes from the battlefield series, I dare say bad company 2 had the best sound in the series. and that was four years ago, and it still trumps this uncompressed sound. And that game is 8 gigabytes large. I can't say I've had much technical difficulties when I finally get into the game (besides crashing of course), so that's all good.

And then there's the gameplay aspect, ah yes. My first complaint would be the absolutely horrid matchmaking system. If you've ... say played a halo game online, you will know how this works pretty much (except some crucial differences I'll get to later). The likeness is in that when you lose a game, you will have to quit, because otherwise you will still get pit against the winning team of the last round, which consistently consists of much much much higher ranked people. people who have gotten as far as generation 3+ and beyond. So it's not much use staying there. And there the load times come in again. because you have to login to the main multiplayer menu for some reason, which would take 15 seconds or something. What is good, however is the gameplay, which gives you a regular shooter experience and also the opportunity to pilot a mech. All of this works well and is pretty well balanced. Except maybe that... if you use a gun without silencer you show up as a big dot on your enemies minimap. which kind of sucks, cause then you're likely gonna die. it even shows what height you are standing for your enemy. The guns feels more killzone than CoD strangely enough. Oh and the story is really uninspiring. Maybe this is worth it on a console, because it's not as poorly optimized there (I would not know).
  79. Jul 25, 2014
    This game was such a letdown.... All that hype, all that potential, all of it wasted.

A game that promised to raise the (already pretty low) bar of FPS like CoD ends up being a very mediocre game. Barely any customization (NO CUSTOMIZATION FOR MECHS? **** THAT), only a handful of maps, a ****IN' JOKE they dare call "story", the god-damn AIMBOT GUN THAT EVERYONE USES... So many flaws that bring down a game I would've played over most other "big" fps.

The maps are sub-par, some better than other. The parkour ends up being pretty annoying when it's used against you with the headshot pistol or any shotgun. The sound is ok, the music is forgettable. It's just a sad story about a game that tried to completely change the FPS scene and fell short. It's not a bad game, it just isn't good enough at what it does. As an FPS, mos Battlefields are better, and as a Mech game it's not very interesting.

Still, if you manage to find a few people who play fair and don't have 200 ping, you can have some fun.
  80. Aug 18, 2014
    Titanfall was a good game until a patch came and connection issues, sound problems began. In that patch they also removed some game modes. All that caused loss of gamers in major numbers.When you enter the game and you will wait approximately ten minutes until game starts.
  81. Nov 1, 2014
    The game is SH*T! Only 7 weapons, **** it! Can somebody tell me why I would play a game with SO MANY flaws?
    PROS & CONS
    ---- PROS - Nice Gameplay - Like COD - Intense Battles CONS - 32 F***ing gigabytes of UNCOMPRESSED AUDIO. 32GB! - Takes forever to install - Only 7 Weapons - Waste of 60$ - Not Only 32gb of uncompressed audio, but at least 20 something gb of actual game
    PROS & CONS
    ----
    PROS
    - Nice Gameplay
    - Like COD
    - Intense Battles
    CONS
    - 32 F***ing gigabytes of UNCOMPRESSED AUDIO. 32GB!
    - Takes forever to install
    - Only 7 Weapons
    - Waste of 60$
    - Not Only 32gb of uncompressed audio, but at least 20 something gb of actual game content, making for a over 50gb installation for a game that doesnt have enough content to begin with.
    THE VERDICT
    If you want a sci-fi shooter, get Advanced Warfare, Halo, or Destiny. Honestly.. :L
  82. Mar 26, 2014
    Honestly its a run and gun twitch shooter with no single player and a steep price tag... If you played a call of duty you've pretty much played this but it does have a free running mechanic that works when it wants to. And mechs that copy bioshock abilities... For the lazy it has a gun that aims itself! Oh and it has a gratification system oh you did something very good look at all theseHonestly its a run and gun twitch shooter with no single player and a steep price tag... If you played a call of duty you've pretty much played this but it does have a free running mechanic that works when it wants to. And mechs that copy bioshock abilities... For the lazy it has a gun that aims itself! Oh and it has a gratification system oh you did something very good look at all these numbers you get to feel good about yourself. Stay away go play a shooter that trys Expand
  83. Apr 3, 2014
    Pretty entertaining, but it's basically like Counterstrike for 60 bucks. I think the game lacks a lot of and the need for skill. After 30-60 minutes, you're sick of doing the same thing over and over again. If you are filthy rich, I'd recommend getting this game. It's fun for short little stints. For everyone else, save your money.
  84. Mar 15, 2014
    Dull, overhyped, shallow, underwhelming, graphically poor, terrible AI, poor map design, aimbot weapons, terrible matchmaking and lobby, no server browser, more time spent waiting in lobbies than playing, optimized for 11 year olds (ie no skill required), ridiculous 50GB download, no single player and a multiplayer experience that doesn't make up for it, little in the way of weaponry,Dull, overhyped, shallow, underwhelming, graphically poor, terrible AI, poor map design, aimbot weapons, terrible matchmaking and lobby, no server browser, more time spent waiting in lobbies than playing, optimized for 11 year olds (ie no skill required), ridiculous 50GB download, no single player and a multiplayer experience that doesn't make up for it, little in the way of weaponry, bots, 6v6, ugly looking maps, low res textures, 60 FPS cap, 792P res which looks just awful.
    If it were $30 I wouldn't be so pissed off with the game but this is meant to be a game-changing, AAA, next-gen shooter. Game changing it is not. Next-gen it is not and AAA it is not.
    I got my refund from Origin after playing 12+ hours. Don't waste your money.
  85. Mar 22, 2014
    The game just isn't that fun. There's no gun recoil, no destruction, no wow factor, it just felt like I was going through the motions. Titans just felt meh. I've logged insane amounts of time in cod4 and MW2 before I burned out and this game feels just like them but with robots and jet packs. Cod:4 felt so original and cool, so visceral and realistic and I was hoping this game would reliveThe game just isn't that fun. There's no gun recoil, no destruction, no wow factor, it just felt like I was going through the motions. Titans just felt meh. I've logged insane amounts of time in cod4 and MW2 before I burned out and this game feels just like them but with robots and jet packs. Cod:4 felt so original and cool, so visceral and realistic and I was hoping this game would relive those feelings but it didn't even come close. I have no desire to unlock anything or discover all the maps. I'm just bored with it. Plus there's no kill streaks which takes away the adrenaline rush of getting the next kill when you're on a streak. Maybe I'm just burnt out on first person shooters. As for the graphics they are pretty average with some textures that looked like I was on the 360 even though i was on 1080p with everything max except for insane textures and anti-ailising. note: i only played to the point of customizing mechs, maybe 3 hours total. Expand
  86. Apr 2, 2014
    Hightlights:

-No single player campaign.
    -80% of the content requires vast amounts of grind to unlock.
    -A max of 6v6 players per match.
    -Requires Origin to run.
    -Average graphics.
    -The parkour is quite fun.
  87. Apr 7, 2014
    This game had a lot of hype behind it and I was expecting a lot too. In paper it was a lot different than your average FPS-game but somehow it still isn't.

For some reason I got bored with it really fast. The amount of players per match is quite low, and the maps are pretty small. This goes to the same category with me as Call of Duty -games. These games entertain a certain kind of

This goes to the same category with me as Call of Duty -games. These games entertain a certain kind of gamers, but for some reason I have never understood these games and their appeal for some people at all. Maybe Titanfall is made for a supercasual gamer, but I couldn't ever put lot of hours in the game because of its repetitiveness.
  88. Apr 19, 2014
    The basics of gameplay are mostly spot on. Shooting the guns against the AI eels great, not so great against real players. The wall-waking and jet-pack jumping is strangely satisfying.

But to what price? Remember the annoying bunny hopping in COD (all versions)? It has been sadly elevated to a feature. When facing real players it turns into a jump-fest. It seems that many cheats used

It seems that many cheats used in FPS are elevated to 'features' - some temporary, some permanent: invisibility, constant jet-jumps from real players, x-ray vision etc. Everything I hated in CoD is in Titanfall!!!

This restricts the appeal of the game to a certain population. It is aimed mainly at pre-18yo teenagers. despite the 18 certificate.

The hit boxes are weird - too big for AI enemies and seem too small for real players. It is difficult to say whether your shot hits the enemy or not. It is strangely unsatisfying to get a kill. AI is silly - most of the time, in close combat, I just kick them - no waste of ammo.

For now, it is difficult to figure out who is enemy and who is friendly. In the heat of play is difficult to spot the name tags. The uniforms are too much alike!!!

Maps and gameplay are interesting, but 6v6 MP, matchmaking system and weird hit boxes lets the game down. Matchmaking means that sometimes you just wait and wait for a game to get set up. Loading times are veeeeryyyyyy loooooong!

This game would be great with dedicated servers and full customization of gameplay. I would love to play on a server where we could disable certain features! But that's not going to happen, sadly! The new private match features may help here, but being ...err private, makes it kind of useless. Nothing can replace public servers!

A huge download for the PC - almost 50GB. Really?!!! For what? The uncompressed sound files. Which are then used to generate chatter on the radio. Huge price for an attempt at immersion. It works for the first day or so, then it becomes tedious! Same repetitive drivel that doesn't help in the gameplay - there is no story line!

Worth £60 for the game+season pass? No! Get it on sale, get it on sale, get it on sale!!! There is no guarantee people will buy the add-ons. After all, EA or Respawn could always kill the servers at some point. They have done it before.

A 2 for the innovation in gameplay.

Respawn, for PC, please bring public servers to Titanfall, otherwise the interest will fade soon. For some it is already gone!
  89. Mar 12, 2014
    Pros:
    - Fun
    - Fast-Paced - Interesting Map designs - Burn cards are fun to use - Titans are awesome Cons: - Lack-luster campaign: It's pretty much the multiplayer modes with more dialogue. - Poor texture quality even at insane setting - Constant reconnecting to server messages when playing classic mode All-in-all the game is very fun but leaves me feeling like there's
    Pros:
    - Fun
    - Fast-Paced
    - Interesting Map designs
    - Burn cards are fun to use
    - Titans are awesome

Cons:
    - Poor texture quality even at insane setting
    - Constant reconnecting to server messages when playing classic mode

All-in-all the game is very fun but leaves me feeling like there's something missing. I wish the campaign portion wasn't just the same game modes from the classic section. It would be nice if they would release a new objective type mission every week for people to do to keep things interesting.
  90. Mar 18, 2014
    With a reliable internet connection i was still getting 100 pings which made the game unplayable. If only it had an offline mode i could mess around with. All ready deleted it from my computer including Origin which you need to run the game.
  91. Mar 21, 2014
    A lot of other people here are raising the same points I'd like too, but in much more cogent ways, so I'm going to address the WAIT TIME between matches.

In a three hour period (180 minutes) in which I kept track: 112 Minutes were spent playing (Which is merely fun-ish. By the way, the parkour isn't that useful- it requires your complete focus, and I always scored better when I just

In a three hour period (180 minutes) in which I kept track:

112 Minutes were spent playing (Which is merely fun-ish. By the way, the parkour isn't that useful- it requires your complete focus, and I always scored better when I just played like a normal FPS and mostly ignored the parkour aspects)

68 Minutes were spent WAITING to play. Over one hour of my time, that day, was spent WAITING. First, you WAIT for enough players, then you WAIT through a voice over explaining the mission, and then you WAIT (yes, even more waiting) through 30 second or so cut scenes that you watch over and over and over again. They stop being cool the third time you play the same map.

I could go on about the massive size (50GB), the ridiculous price point ($60-$80 USD), the poor optimization (34GB of uncompressed audio files, for example), the low quality graphics (10 year old engine), but as I said you can read a dozen of those here already.

If you want this game, make sure your OK with it WASTING so much of your TIME.
  92. Mar 16, 2014
    I really hoped that this game will be new Unreal Tournament. It has same fast movement with some parkour movement additions. The main problem is that you get really awfully low amount of content and weapons are CoD selection in sci-fi game. The weapons are just garbage, if you wana make CoD gunplay you can add some interesting weapons, but only one that is semi interesting is the smartI really hoped that this game will be new Unreal Tournament. It has same fast movement with some parkour movement additions. The main problem is that you get really awfully low amount of content and weapons are CoD selection in sci-fi game. The weapons are just garbage, if you wana make CoD gunplay you can add some interesting weapons, but only one that is semi interesting is the smart pistol. Only 3 Titans and no other vehicles is another joke. The story campaign is total trash, if they added single player mod with AI bots and more mods the game would be better. This game is huge let down and i bet EA will see a lot of fast refunds from players. The funny thing about this game is that Titanfall got less multiplayer content than for example Crysis 3, where Crysis 3 was primarily single player game and dont even compare these 2 games in terms of graphics. Expand
  93. Mar 26, 2014
    The fact that this game has no single player campaign or anything else other then a cod style multiplayer...you'd expect there to be a rich weapon data base with lots of upgrades etc. Well you're wrong. 10 primary weapons to unlock with 3 unlock-able attachments. This is a major insult..

5 game modes. No offline campaign. 4 titans to choose from, only 5 titan weapons There is not

There is not enough content in this game and I'm sorely dissapointed. This game had the potential to be a must have! They needed to add more guns, attachments, skills, titans, titan weapons and secondary's etc etc.

This game is fun to play with friends but you can only bare 1-2hours at a time as it gets old, quick.

If you have the money, get the game. If you're tight on cash and tossing up between this and other titles....avoid it
  94. Mar 23, 2014
    Prepare for disappointment. The severe lack of content ruins this game. Minimal unlocks, maps and content. $20 Indie games with a fraction of the man hours has more content than TItanfall. The "Campaign" is basically the same as classic multiplayer except with a small 10 second cutscene before every match. You can easily beat the entire campaign in 1 hour. The story is non-exisitant. TherePrepare for disappointment. The severe lack of content ruins this game. Minimal unlocks, maps and content. $20 Indie games with a fraction of the man hours has more content than TItanfall. The "Campaign" is basically the same as classic multiplayer except with a small 10 second cutscene before every match. You can easily beat the entire campaign in 1 hour. The story is non-exisitant. There are 2 cool campaign Normany invasion style maps, other than that not much. After you finished campaign the only thing to do is play online and do the same thing over and over. There is some fun to be had. The action is fast paced, Titans bring a new element to the gameplay and Smart Pistol is an unique weapon that could be a lot of fun. But, honestly where is the rest of the game? Did EA really charge us 59.99 for this? I don't care if the DLCs coming up will make the game legendary. They lost their trust and reputation by holding back content so they can release it in a future DLC... that is the risk they take by doing that. The competitive feeling is absent because you are pretty much killing bots most of the time. Titan gameplay is pretty much shoot, kite and regen shield. The Titan upgrades that exist are not balanced at all. Some upgrades are useless while others are OP. Not even the main attraction; Titans, don't make it worth it. Little unlocks and it doesn't feel satisfying. The first thing I noticed about shooting a Titan is how unsatisfying it is. It's like they forgot the animations for taking direct damage. The only thing that signals damage is sparks and fire after a Titan loses x amount of health. Is this new gen or old gen?

I can't believe all these major reviews that gave this game such high marks. That's the only reason why I bought this game. I'm convinced a large percentage of those major reviewers are bribed by EA. There is nothing innovative about this game at all. It's a joke. Wall running is nothing new and it doesn't offer some new FPS mechanics... it's only used to get around places. Titans doesn't feel innovative as well. It basically feels like a BF4 tank that move faster, can punch and use other powers. I had more fun playing as a Mech in Natural Selection 2(which is an indie game that often goes on sale for $2 and is far and beyond better than Titanfall). This game doesn't change anything. It's just another over rated shooter that proclaims to be the next best thing. Unfortunately, you can see the greed of EA by the lack of content in this game. They want people to buy their season's pass. I learned my lesson, if it's by EA and offers a season's pass: DO NOT BUY IT.

It can be a fun game if you like fast paced action. The severe lack of content and unbalanced game play however, simply ruins the game for me. Not worth the full retail price. Wait for the game to go on sale or just don't buy it. I'm only giving this a 0 because there are way too many over rated reviews. I would have given it a 4. If you are put off with games that are repetitive and have no content than do not buy this.

Bottomline is game's not worth it. I know other successful games like TF2 you only kill stuff, but there is much more to do in TF2 and you don't get bored of it. The only thing you are doing in Titanfall is shoot stuff and call your lackluster titan. I regret buying this game. If I can stop even one person from buying this game then it makes writing this review worth it.

Pros
    - Fast paced action
    - Smart Pistol
    - It does a good job of making every player feel like a badass because of the endless wave of bots

Cons
    - Shocking lack of content
    - Graphics are nothing good
    - Sound is not memorable
    - Campaign is a pointless addition that tries to add something but fails horribly
    - No Story
    - No Single Player
    - Almost forces people to buy the season's pass because there is not enough content
    - Super repetitive
    - Matchmaking is awful(wait times are too long, unbalanced teams are common, can't switch sides, only 6 players per side)
    - Too much greed with EA
  95. Mar 18, 2014
    Decent game, but not GREAT. Pretty much just another generic COD type of game. Definitely doesn't deserve the high ratings it's getting and it certainly isn't worth it's super high price tag.
  96. Mar 14, 2014
    This is exactly what I thought it would be and exactly how I thought it would play. It is call of duty with giant mechs and a decent parkour system. As per any cod like game, it is chock full of weapon balance issues and poorly thought out game mechanics (like spawning me in the middle of five enemy players). BTW, I am a bf fan and not a cod fan, but this game is acceptable. I would waitThis is exactly what I thought it would be and exactly how I thought it would play. It is call of duty with giant mechs and a decent parkour system. As per any cod like game, it is chock full of weapon balance issues and poorly thought out game mechanics (like spawning me in the middle of five enemy players). BTW, I am a bf fan and not a cod fan, but this game is acceptable. I would wait till it comes down in price, as it is not anywhere close, to worth 60 bucks. Expand
  97. Apr 18, 2014
    This is a terrible game, not sure why there are so many positive reviews. It is COD+Mirror's edge. The Titans themselves are just giant infantry, you are basically just scaling up so they are not even vehicles like on Battlefield. This is just EA making another COD attempt like they did with Battlefield 4, and all they ended up with is a game that is remembered as trash because COD itselfThis is a terrible game, not sure why there are so many positive reviews. It is COD+Mirror's edge. The Titans themselves are just giant infantry, you are basically just scaling up so they are not even vehicles like on Battlefield. This is just EA making another COD attempt like they did with Battlefield 4, and all they ended up with is a game that is remembered as trash because COD itself is trash. Stop trying to sell to the casual FPS crowd, the game those people want is trash and will lose a company the actual gamers. Expand
  98. Apr 26, 2014
    To sum up Titanfall is simple. Over hyped. This is over rated by almost all of the major reviewers out there. I believe that once trusted sites such as Gamespot, IGN and others are losing their integrity by giving this game more than it justly deserves. A good 6.0 out of 10. Nothing wrong with the game, but certainly a far fry from revolutionary or re-inventive etc.

The graphics are not

The graphics are not even last gen, they are 2004/05 at best. The gameplay feels clunky and the so called campaign is a joke. The AI is the worst I have experienced in many years. The only redeeming qualities of this game is the actual Titan concept. This has clearly been a copy and paste job like a sandwich with multiple spreads ripping ideas from Battlefield 2142 and shoving them into a Call of Duty universe / gameplay style. I can only give it a 3.00. Mainstream reviewers should be ashamed of themselves for praising this farce.
  99. Mar 16, 2014
    The game has so much potential but as most games today it falls very short.
    There is very little content, the customization is a joke and the forced campaign mode would be great if the story wasn't so hard to follow and nonsensical.
    EA is yet again making games with the sole intent of profit at the expense of the customer.
  100. Mar 16, 2014
    Gameplay: The gameplay is good and can be a lot of fun for casual gamers. Matches are fast-paced, weapons seem a little unbalanced, but playing as both pilot and Titan offer several innovative features such as par-core, double-jumping when you play as a pilot, and a variety of neat offensive and defensive weapons when you play as a Titan. Titans aren't overpowered, can be earned easily,Gameplay: The gameplay is good and can be a lot of fun for casual gamers. Matches are fast-paced, weapons seem a little unbalanced, but playing as both pilot and Titan offer several innovative features such as par-core, double-jumping when you play as a pilot, and a variety of neat offensive and defensive weapons when you play as a Titan. Titans aren't overpowered, can be earned easily, and can be killed just as easily. Getting a Titan amounts to getting temporary superpowers or a kill streak. Map design is top-notch as expected. Unfortunately, the low number of human opponents and the high number of rather stupid enemy bots, are real weak points to the game, because it's difficult to distinguish between bots and humans, and mowing down a bunch of bots, who initially have the upper hand on you, just isn't very rewarding. If the matches were 10 v 10 humans (at a minimum) with a few less bots, the longevity of the game might increase significantly.

Graphics: Any reviews you've read saying that Titanfall is beautiful graphically are simply being dishonest. At the highest settings, the game looks comparable to Homefront, is noticeably less impressive than Black Ops II, and is simply put to shame by both Battlefield 3 and especially Battlefield 4. In fact, both Tomb Raider and Battlefield 4 on the PS4 look and run significantly better than Titanfall, at the highest settings, on PC. So if graphics are important to you, Titanfall is definitely not the game for you. Additionally, the color schemes are quite bland with pale green, beige, and light brown schemes without a lot of contrast, which can make it very difficult at times to identify enemies hiding in plain sight.

Verdict: For the casual gamer who enjoys chaotic battles that don’t require a lot of skill or the hard-core gamer who wants the occasional distraction from his or her competitive shooter of choice. While I think the gameplay is good, the game lacks any longevity because of the lack of human players and the abundance of distractive, stupid enemy bots. $60 is definitely about $30 too steep to pay for this game. If you want to play the game on console, my gut tells me that both the XBOX One and XBOX 360 versions will have identical gameplay (hence the delay in launching the XBOX 360 version). So you’re probably better off getting the XBOX 360 version of the game to experience flashes of next gen gameplay, without having to shell out the cash for a new system on the false promise of experiencing next gen graphics, which simply are not part of the Titanfall package.

1. Jun 28, 2014
    I was waiting for a game that would blow me away and break the oligopoly of Battlefield and Call of Duty. Here it is. Titanfall shows that online shooting does not have to be confined to contemporary battlegrounds. [05/2014, p.42]
  2. May 14, 2014
    In the mind-boggling question that tortures world's biggest gaming studios (how to refresh the competitive FPS genre), Respawn answers by taking the Call of Duty core, enhancing it with elements from various sources and franchises (Mech games, Crysis , Tribes, Mirror's Edge etc.) and forging it in the Old School mold (Quake/Unreal Tournament) . Titanfall does not innovate. It manages, however, to leave a fresh taste by balancing nicely all components of its gameplay.
  3. May 11, 2014
    Titanfall is a highly entertaining online shooter, but it's a bit light on content for a full priced game. You quickly start to realize that Titanfall could desperately use more maps, more unlockables, more upgrades and more customization. [Apr 2014]