7.2

1. Adamd.R.
    Jul 20, 2007
    GRAW2 is a huge improvement over GRAW1 . The game and map design is actually very good, especially compared to GRAW1's empty city streets. The multiplayer maps are awesome...I've played about 5 of them, all are fun and they're the most gorgeous maps I've ever fought on in an FPS. Single player's alot less boring now too since your usually taking out enclosed enemy GRAW2 is a huge improvement over GRAW1 . The game and map design is actually very good, especially compared to GRAW1's empty city streets. The multiplayer maps are awesome...I've played about 5 of them, all are fun and they're the most gorgeous maps I've ever fought on in an FPS. Single player's alot less boring now too since your usually taking out enclosed enemy bases instead of wandering around the huge city of GRAW1. My only complaint would be the Single player AI could be alot better, and the sniper rifles are too easy to use. (I prefer assault guns anyway, its more fun to take advantage of the great physics.) Over all I give it a 9 because I now prefer this multiplayer over BF2142. Single player's worth about a 7 so far. Expand
  2. Jul 13, 2012
    In my opinion this is the best Ghost Recon game to date. They improved the GRAW story but ruined Ghost Recon in Future Soldier/GRFS. Yes it may not be developed by Ubisoft like it is on the 360 or PS3 but it still is a good game and I was happy to see that STEAM put a deal on it which I took advantage of straight away!
  3. DaveP.
    Jul 17, 2007
    I don't really understand why the game is getting bad reviews. I am finding it exciting, quite hard (though probably the right difficulty level), graphically gorgeous. Sure, the AI could be a little better, but I don't junk a game over something so trivial. Y'all need to try game development, and get a reality check.
  4. Nov 22, 2011
    If you loved GRAW, you'll love GRAW 2. The graphics are prettier, and the gameplay continues the style of part one with a few cool gameplay improvements. It's sometimes more challenging than part 1, I suppose the devs knew that if you finished part 1, you want to continue enjoying the challenge. Great stuff.
  5. ReidS.
    Jul 6, 2007
    Wow what a game this game is one of the best i have ever played i actually thought i was right there in the game besides the fact that half of this could never happen it was over all pretty good.
  6. WalterC.
    May 25, 2008
    Offers something many games don't anymore, the feeling you accomplished something at the end of the game. Story and AI (friendly and enemy) could use a little tweaking. Hero characters (that's YOU Mitchell) have no place in a tactical shooter. Disappointed that once again were dealing with a 24-esque nuclear threat scenario. What ever happened to the good old days? Everyones got Offers something many games don't anymore, the feeling you accomplished something at the end of the game. Story and AI (friendly and enemy) could use a little tweaking. Hero characters (that's YOU Mitchell) have no place in a tactical shooter. Disappointed that once again were dealing with a 24-esque nuclear threat scenario. What ever happened to the good old days? Everyones got an A-Bomb today. Multiplayer is excellent, shame not a lot of people play it. Way more enjoyable than the spamming that is CoD4. Expand
  7. Nov 30, 2011
    I always enjoyed tactical shooters from the Tom Clancy series. Rainbow Six got my attention in 1998, now I still play R6:Raven Shield and Vegas 2 (despite it's flaws). First Ghost Recon was one of the games I bought just after it's release, i really liked the idea of realistic combat in a much larger scale than Rainbow Six. Years had passed and I missed the new editions of Ghost Recon..I always enjoyed tactical shooters from the Tom Clancy series. Rainbow Six got my attention in 1998, now I still play R6:Raven Shield and Vegas 2 (despite it's flaws). First Ghost Recon was one of the games I bought just after it's release, i really liked the idea of realistic combat in a much larger scale than Rainbow Six. Years had passed and I missed the new editions of Ghost Recon.. But now im correcting my mistakes, starting with the latest game in the series - Advanced Warfighter 2. Overall impressions after first hours of gameplay are rather positive. It still has this realistic feel - you can die pretty easy, you cant pretend Rambo or rush into action without using a bit of strategy. Teamwork - that's the word. Tapping Tab key will show you tactical map, there you can give orders, waypoints and control behaviour of your soldiers. You can also use middle mouse button in the FPS view, when there's need to correct some orders or apply new ones. It's very clear and you'll get a hang of it very quickly. You've got plenty of guns and attachments to choose from, including my favorite - ultra-powerful sniper rifle resembling famous Barett. Visually game is decent, some years has passed and graphics can appear as little dated... but it's still a good looking game. What about flaws? There's only one, but major - A.I. Your foes are just plain stupid and blind. Most of the time it's not a big deal, because you're outnumbered and even stupid soldiers become threat in bigger groups xD .. But what can you do, when you're own collegues from Ghost Team resemble the same stupidity? They constantly get lost or stuck - you need to watch them carefully all the time. I happens very often - You give orders, take your position, click the "execute plan" button and.... flanking manouvers turn to s*it. One of your Ghosts stopped after two steps. In the middle of open ground... It can really irritate you. They are elite soldiers, why should I babysit them? ... Overall Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 is a good game. Long Campaign, good mechanics, very good "feel" of a real battlefield - that's why we all love Tom Clancy series. It's also exciting and challenging, so you've got the full package here ;) Lousy A.I cuts down one point from the score, so there it is - 7/10. Very decent game. Collapse

1. Where a game like "SWAT4" manages to be fun, GRAW2 just feels a little bit too much like hard work. The fireworks don't crackle with the kind of spectacle we're paying for, and there just isn't enough juicy meat on the tactical bones for us to regard this as a feast. [Aug 2007, p.74]
  2. PC Format
    Not a massive leap forward from Advanced Warfighter, but it's definitely a worthy addition to any tactical shoooter fan's collection. [Aug 2007, p.58]
  3. So, an improvement on the (initially) buggy port that the first GRAW on PC was, but even with the pleasingly significant interface and visual tweaks over the console version, this is still very much a an adequate but not spectacular sequel to an adequate but not spectacular tactical shooter. It's GRAW, but a bit better, and that's it.