Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter PC

7.7

1. WillR.
    May 19, 2006
    The game is ok at best. Sure it looks great, but that is cool for so long. After awhile its the same dusty city and the same dumb bad guys. Friendly AI is awful, often getting themselves killed and not taking orders. The worst part is the save game system. Playing the same part of a level over and over again gets real old real fast. And with the game spawing bad guys if front of you, The game is ok at best. Sure it looks great, but that is cool for so long. After awhile its the same dusty city and the same dumb bad guys. Friendly AI is awful, often getting themselves killed and not taking orders. The worst part is the save game system. Playing the same part of a level over and over again gets real old real fast. And with the game spawing bad guys if front of you, there's no such thing as "area secured". Expand
  2. JonathanM.
    May 9, 2006
    When I read these official reviews I wonder why they end up giving such high scores! When you get down to it, the reviews say the single-player gameplay is severely impaired by the poor squad AI, and the multiplayer is so heavily bugged you can't play it! All that is left is the graphics and sound. I sure won't be buying any game just for the graphics and sound. Pity they When I read these official reviews I wonder why they end up giving such high scores! When you get down to it, the reviews say the single-player gameplay is severely impaired by the poor squad AI, and the multiplayer is so heavily bugged you can't play it! All that is left is the graphics and sound. I sure won't be buying any game just for the graphics and sound. Pity they didn't spend an additional year developing the gameplay engine and AI. Expand
  3. OlegT.
    Apr 24, 2007
    Challenging. But the bigger part of the challenege comes from the gruesome checkpoint system and imbecile AI. If it were not for the graphics, I'd give it less than 5 really.
  4. RichC.
    Jul 1, 2006
    I'm tired of single player games that try to be multiplayer. I don't like to have to control a squad or teammates to be successful. I really thought it may be like the Ghost Recon's of yesteryear, but I was wrong. Ghraphics are awesome, but there's more to a game that what you look at.
  5. JonMoy
    Apr 29, 2006
    First impressions of the demo:
    1. Graphical representation of an urban environment is fantastic, similar to Full Spectrum Warrior (FSW) and Battlefield 2 (Strike at Karkand map).
    First impressions of the demo:
    2. Tactical command over your squad is a little 'iffy, and doesn't quite work that well. ie the AI isn't great. For example, trying to get a squaddie to move to a corner and provide cover down a street often results in them walking out into the open street. FSW was much better at getting squaddies to move to covering positions.
    3. Overhead tactical map is good. Similar to the previous Ghost Recon one. Gives you the impression that you have great control over you squad, however, its a pity the AI fails to deliver.
    4. Cool weapons!
    5. The maps are reasonably open compared to FSW, such that the missions are less linear and you can complete it by going down different approaches. Greater replayability and flexibity to play.
  6. May 26, 2011
    As a player looking for challenge, this game definitely brings frustrate in frustration. Much easier to die than on Resident Evil 4, on Professional...

I like the idea of individualizing yourself and your team's inventory, but the fact that microing EACH of them while trying to keep yourself and your team alive makes this punishing for new players. (I struggle with normal on this game.) And the team moves much slower behind you, which leaves to to wait for like 30 seconds before actually getting regrouped.
  7. MikeC.
    May 10, 2006
    As far as MP is concerned, this game is incomplete on release. For this reason, the best I can give it is a 7. If it shipped with dedicated server files, more MP modes and maps, Anti-cheat and a few more MP tweaks, it would have scored a 9 from me. If they would have also went with a more traditional graphics setup (read AA) as well, it would have scored a 10.
  8. KyleM.
    May 3, 2006
    I own both an xbox360 and a decently powered PC. I've had the 360 copy of GRAW since release, and I decided to try the PC version out, as that was the preferred multiplayer platform for many people I know (and I was mostly interested in CO-OP). While the PC version is a good game, the polish is somewhat diminished when being familiar with the 360 version of the game. I'm aware I own both an xbox360 and a decently powered PC. I've had the 360 copy of GRAW since release, and I decided to try the PC version out, as that was the preferred multiplayer platform for many people I know (and I was mostly interested in CO-OP). While the PC version is a good game, the polish is somewhat diminished when being familiar with the 360 version of the game. I'm aware that this was done by a different studio and with a different engine (unsure why they didn't just change the compiling destination with the supposed XNA dev kit), but there were many minor differences that took away from the game (ie adding additional respawns in PC co-op, picking up weapons of dead soldiers in PC co-op etc). A great game for sure, if i was only familiar with the PC version I would have given this a score of 9, however being familiar with the Xbox 360 version, I can only give it a 7. If you have a 360, it's worth the extra $10 to pay for the console version. Expand
  9. michael
    Jun 6, 2008
    For the most part, a good game. The two major problems is having ai problems with the squad, and the highly restricted save system. Fix one or the other, and I could tack on another rating point. FIx both and i have no problem with giving it a 9/10. The interface is easy to use, and squad commands area a breeze. Its just too bad you have to hold your squadmates hand often enough forFor the most part, a good game. The two major problems is having ai problems with the squad, and the highly restricted save system. Fix one or the other, and I could tack on another rating point. FIx both and i have no problem with giving it a 9/10. The interface is easy to use, and squad commands area a breeze. Its just too bad you have to hold your squadmates hand often enough for it to become a drag. Expand
  10. MikeL.
    Jun 26, 2006
    The graphics are great and the destruction is very nice to behold. The difficulty level I feel is a little bit too high, especially considering the weak save system - and I'm no amateur gamer. There is not many weapons, though you can choose simple upgrades to put on them (grenade launcher, silencer, the like). You cannot use the weapons of fallen enemies, though you will pick up The graphics are great and the destruction is very nice to behold. The difficulty level I feel is a little bit too high, especially considering the weak save system - and I'm no amateur gamer. There is not many weapons, though you can choose simple upgrades to put on them (grenade launcher, silencer, the like). You cannot use the weapons of fallen enemies, though you will pick up ammo, provided you are using the one weapon they supply ammo for. The AI can be a little clumsy, but overall it gets the job done. GRAW definitely isn't groundbreaking, but has been a nice, if somewhat frustrating, diversion. I recommend the buy if you have a gaming PC, patience, and determination to get through some very long missions. In the end it pays off. Expand
  11. Aug 27, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is not soo bad. First of all at the start it is very boring and tiring just for the heli to land!!
    And you cant melee in this game! It is 2013(in the game) and no melees? What the heck!!

1. Play Magazine
    With 16 players and 16 guns blazing, the game is violent bliss, and certainly a war demanding to be fought over and over again. [Apr 2006, p.58]
    As a package, it's an incredibly complete product of flabbergasting quality; more than any other game, GRAW puts the player in the nerve-snapping tension of pauses between engagements. It thrusts you into the terror of modern, quicksilver-fluid combat.
    A demanding and gratifying shooter that brings a new level of seriousness to the Ghost Recon franchise. And, perhaps more importantly, restores it to the good graces of PC owners. Provided they've got the horsepower.