4.9

1. Jul 24, 2012
    Well, I'm giving this game a positive, because so far I was able to complete SP campaign and it was fun and interesting. Long enough even, that's rare in modern games that tends to end when you still want more to play. Gameplay is cool, shooting is satisfying, stealth is satisfying, controls are satisfying (I'm playing on PC), maps are a bit bleak and empty sometimes, but satisfying.Well, I'm giving this game a positive, because so far I was able to complete SP campaign and it was fun and interesting. Long enough even, that's rare in modern games that tends to end when you still want more to play. Gameplay is cool, shooting is satisfying, stealth is satisfying, controls are satisfying (I'm playing on PC), maps are a bit bleak and empty sometimes, but satisfying. Giving game a bad score because it has some technical issues (even though issues are devastating: I wasn't able to play MP as of yet, and it's been a month since release) is really childish. So, I've been having fun with SP, it's a solid game. But Ubisoft should be blamed for not only delaying PC release, but also for releasing untested buggy game in the end. Expand
  2. Oct 31, 2012
    I say that this game feels a little bit disappointing for me,even through the core gameplay fits the game well,but the Originality of the game feels like its fading a lot the fans of Ghost Recon Realized that this game has lost its Originality.....And also with the Good graphics but EXTREMELY poor Optimization that i can`t even make it to Medium (Even Worst Than Highly-Demanded game likeI say that this game feels a little bit disappointing for me,even through the core gameplay fits the game well,but the Originality of the game feels like its fading a lot the fans of Ghost Recon Realized that this game has lost its Originality.....And also with the Good graphics but EXTREMELY poor Optimization that i can`t even make it to Medium (Even Worst Than Highly-Demanded game like BF3) are the worst one and in result,a complete disappointing to all PC Gamers.Where`s the Ghost Recon that all we know???? Expand
  3. Jul 1, 2012
    Can't even play more than a few minutes without constant issues, crashes, mouse skipping, and a whole host of other problems. Ubisoft you really have let down your PC fans, producing such a complete piece of trash. Mouse never moves consistently, camera has issues at every corner, controls are unresponsive (in particular the mouse which simply hates being moved in motions). This gameCan't even play more than a few minutes without constant issues, crashes, mouse skipping, and a whole host of other problems. Ubisoft you really have let down your PC fans, producing such a complete piece of trash. Mouse never moves consistently, camera has issues at every corner, controls are unresponsive (in particular the mouse which simply hates being moved in motions). This game literally is one of the worst games I've ever had the misfortune of playing. Which is a real shame because it looked great in the trailers and I was really looking forward to it. Really getting tired of all the shooters moving to consoles and corrupting the best platform for the genre due to terrible ports. Wasted money, wasted time, I want to play on a PC because of the superior controls and graphical features. Instead Ubisoft throw us another locked down, buggy, unresponsive game. 0/10. Expand
  4. Aug 15, 2012
    I have no idea how people even made it into the game, i played for a max of 5 minutes and couldn't stand it anymore. Graphics are horrible, and the FOV is pretty much the same as looking through a toiletpaper roll.
    A max of 20 fps, there is terrible input lag, takes a second before the game realises you have pressed a button or moved your mouse. Do for the love of god not buy this garbage console port.
  5. Sep 5, 2012
    Great Game... for the lovers of the GR and TC games... but there are a few things.. the bug that I cannot have all the unlockable guns... the fact that the multiplayer game is a total and different game... but a good game overall..
  6. Jun 29, 2012
    I got this through the post this morning and I was hyped. 'Yes, my weekends complete' I can chill out from the weeks workload and shoot up some baddies I've seen so much video footage and game play on. I know there where a couple of Day-1 patches to grab and sorted them out in no time.

That's when I guess things started sliding a little. Firstly the rolling title credits at 1FPS. But sound was fine. Maybe I had something open in the background causing this so shut everything down and did a reboot. Not a one off; Okay so I managed to get into the Menu system. Now I know I having a pretty good rig, i7 680's plenty of RAM. But every loading screen splutters and stutters before getting into the game.

Video storytelling is slight grainy guess that's the pre-recording. Not had the issue of controllers although at the time I didn't have the controller plugged in thankfully.

The gunsmith, even though I can use AWSD to move around, required me to use the Arrow keys to navigate through. Slightly off putting.

If it wasn't from the extended loading times between missions I'd stick it out a little more on this port but I've had enough. I'm willing to wait a few more patches and hopefully come back to it later but in its present state it would just leave a 'badder' impression than there already is.

I'd say if you can wait before purchasing do so. Its just a little hit and miss on being ready in its present form and that's with the delays UBIosft gave it; must of been a company holiday.
  7. Oct 24, 2012
    I give this game a 3 out of 10, fair review. Tom clancy games have always been about tactical game play, this is far from it. Its an arcade style shooter on par with battlefield 3 and call of duty franchise. The multiplayer matchmaking is still broken, its been broken since launch and its still just as bad months later.

The single player story is lackluster, the weapons do not do enough

The single player story is lackluster, the weapons do not do enough damage in multi player. I was an avid tom clancy fan, books and games, but this is just... I cant begin to describe how they screwed up tom clancy to appeal to the average gamer. No longer a highly tactical gameplay style its just... I cant say anything more than "broken."

The support for the game is minimal, they do not listen, they do not know how to fix the code that has existed for a while. My advise, skip this game, save your money, by something better, its not even worth 10 dollars imo.
  8. Sep 12, 2012
    If your looking for the best 4-player Co-Op game availble........
    THIS IS IT!!
    Unlike all other games that limits you to 2 players n Co-Op,
    Ghost Recon Future Soldier allows 4 . ps...
    If you set-up the ports, it will be easier to get your friends online with you.

Enjoy
  9. Aug 25, 2012
    I bought it for $36 and I don't entirely think it was worth it... Gameplay isn't entirely fluid and the running is kinda silly. It would have been 100x better if it was in first person. 3rd person turned it into an arcade type game. Disappointment compared to the other Ghost Recon games. Play them instead.
  10. Jul 19, 2012
    Critics here are awful. Game is pretty good in overall. If you compare it with the best shooters out there you will be disappointed, but it don't deserve a 3, it deserve a 7 score. It's not a console port at all, if you see xbox button that's because you have a gamepad plugged in. Graphics are ok for a game this year (it's not bf3/crysis, but still good). Ambiant occlusion killsCritics here are awful. Game is pretty good in overall. If you compare it with the best shooters out there you will be disappointed, but it don't deserve a 3, it deserve a 7 score. It's not a console port at all, if you see xbox button that's because you have a gamepad plugged in. Graphics are ok for a game this year (it's not bf3/crysis, but still good). Ambiant occlusion kills performance, disable it and everything is ultra smooth. Campaign is awesome and diversified, better than most shooters. It's not tactical as the old Ghost Recon if that's what you are looking for, but the action is good. Expand
  11. Aug 29, 2012
    The Recon series is getting worse on each iteratio, this is one of the clunkiest console ports I've seen in a long time, so-so graphics, tiny levels with poor mechanics, unlikely any patches can save this turkey....
  12. Feb 18, 2013
    I actually enjoyed playing this game. Stealth missions were lots of fun. For entire single player campaign i encountered few bugs( nothing game breaking), but i played in 1.7 version. I understand where all those negative reviews are coming from, game had to be a mess shortly after release. Still game is worth buying now after all those fixes its solid shooter.
  13. Jul 5, 2012
    A very disappointing game - endlessly frustrating, even on its easiest settings - mainly due to a preponderance of timed events (no better way to build-in FAIL). This game should have been about stealth, tactics and planning. Instead it's a tiresome, linear, guided affair - a ghost-train ride. It's not even as if the graphics can compensate for the paucity and frustrations of the gameplayA very disappointing game - endlessly frustrating, even on its easiest settings - mainly due to a preponderance of timed events (no better way to build-in FAIL). This game should have been about stealth, tactics and planning. Instead it's a tiresome, linear, guided affair - a ghost-train ride. It's not even as if the graphics can compensate for the paucity and frustrations of the gameplay experience. GR:FS struggles on my i7 quad with 12GB RAM and a 1GB GTX460. It shouldn't - Crysis 2 with the hi-res texture packs runs faultlessly on max settings on the same rig.

Needlessly frustrating. Timed events suck. Graphics unoptimised for the best PC experience. Get Spec Ops: The Line instead and save yourself some disappointment.
  14. Jun 27, 2012
    Figured i should write this to counter balance all the haters. Its a good game. Yes it was delayed who cares. Yes its a console port, i really don't care i play with a controller anyway. Its got a great story and good graphics not every game is a huge budget AAA release. If you want a good idea of the game look at the console reviews, nothing here but a bunch of complainers.
  15. Jul 8, 2012
    With enjoyable gameplay, decent graphics, and strong co-operative potential to draw from, Ghost Recon Future Soldier should have been a fantastic game. And the console version are. Unfortunately, Ubisoft has proven once more to care very little for their PC fan base by releasing a game so riddled with bugs, that a huge portion of the player base cannot even play the game. At it's currentWith enjoyable gameplay, decent graphics, and strong co-operative potential to draw from, Ghost Recon Future Soldier should have been a fantastic game. And the console version are. Unfortunately, Ubisoft has proven once more to care very little for their PC fan base by releasing a game so riddled with bugs, that a huge portion of the player base cannot even play the game. At it's current state, GRFS should be in the late Alpha testing phases. Even now, several weeks after the games PC release, many players are unable to play the games multiplayer without being disconnected partway through their first match. The game still suffers from an issue that causes many people's games to crash on startup. And so many other issues beyond just those. Expand
  16. Jun 26, 2012
    Single player is pretty good and Guerrilla is really fun (As I really enjoy these kinds of Horde modes). But what keeps it from getting anything higher than a 7 is the crap port they did. Lets see month late release from the consoles AND than another week delay and they didn't even fix the key bindings. Really LB for grenades (Its F by the way)? Mouse control are so so and what reallySingle player is pretty good and Guerrilla is really fun (As I really enjoy these kinds of Horde modes). But what keeps it from getting anything higher than a 7 is the crap port they did. Lets see month late release from the consoles AND than another week delay and they didn't even fix the key bindings. Really LB for grenades (Its F by the way)? Mouse control are so so and what really sucks is what others have said also. Can't access the menu to change your settings within the game. Come on we need to do this to adjust the game to work with our hardware on the fly. I think UBI just doesn't want to do PC games anymore. Maybe they shouldn't... I do hope they patch things up quickly because it will be a killer game once these issues are corrected. ** Oh and if you have WinXP your S.O.L till they get that patch out which wont be for a few weeks UBI says, Expand
  17. Sep 3, 2012
    GRFS deserves a 0 if you are a fan of the Ghost Recon series. **** butchers yet another game. Health regeneration, snap cover, and other casual features to appeal to the Call of Duty audience abound in this game. GRFS plays more like Gears of War than Ghost Recon. It even has a **** horde mode. The multiplayer doesn't even work yet and **** proves yet again that they don't care about aGRFS deserves a 0 if you are a fan of the Ghost Recon series. **** butchers yet another game. Health regeneration, snap cover, and other casual features to appeal to the Call of Duty audience abound in this game. GRFS plays more like Gears of War than Ghost Recon. It even has a **** horde mode. The multiplayer doesn't even work yet and **** proves yet again that they don't care about a stable release. Paid reviews won't save you this time, you French ****

They should have just called the game Future Soldier. This game has nothing in common with the Ghost Recon series. Where are the tactical maps and squad orders? Where is the magazine reload system? Why are you given unrealistic amounts of ammunition? Why do you sprint so damn fast with all that equipment on your character? Where did inventory management and weight disappear to? Why are there so many scripted events? Why is there hit confirmation? Don't even try to justify the built-in wallhacks with the "futuristic" technology. This is the perfect example of a "tactical" game. The HUD has random **** everywhere, the trailer makes the player look ultra hardcore and realistic, and all the 14 year old COD players run to their mothers and ask for $60 to buy another ****ty ecksbawcks game.

I give Gears of Duty Future Soldier a 10/10. Ghost Recon Future Soldier does not exist yet. This must be some sick joke from ****.
  18. Jun 26, 2012
    Generally speaking, this game is above the average. Its story is a little boring and AI is stupid. But I love idea of invisible suit and X-Ray vision, make the combat much different from previous games. And you can customize many components of guns, that's a cool thing.
  19. Jul 1, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Игра достаточно необычна, и я получил удовольствие как от прохождения сюжета, так и от игры в мультиплеер! Мне, к счастью, не пришлось столкнуться с большинством описанных игроками проблем, единственное, что иногда раздражает, это организация сетевых матчей. Конечно, это консольный порт, и все соответствующие проблемы портов здесь присутствуют в некоторой степени, но, повторюсь, мне игра доставляет удовольствие, и я не жалею потраченных на нее денег!!! Expand
  20. Jun 26, 2012
    I just unlocked this game via steam. The port is absolutely solid, the controls, the enhanced graphics, the audio etc. But the big hitter is the addicting gameplay. Yes, there isn't that GREAT of a story in this title, but the tactical situations you get yourself in have completely different consequences no matter how many times you try. This was just what i needed after puking my brainsI just unlocked this game via steam. The port is absolutely solid, the controls, the enhanced graphics, the audio etc. But the big hitter is the addicting gameplay. Yes, there isn't that GREAT of a story in this title, but the tactical situations you get yourself in have completely different consequences no matter how many times you try. This was just what i needed after puking my brains out over Spec Ops. Expand
  21. Aug 27, 2012
    It's as one reviewer aptly put it: "What does work works very well, and what doesn't work gives the impression that the game is unfinished." On the plus side, the stealth mechanics and the special synchronized shooting work pretty well. The squad AI was almost never an issue at all. And finally the gun customization was every gun nut's wet dream. On the other hand however, there are heapsIt's as one reviewer aptly put it: "What does work works very well, and what doesn't work gives the impression that the game is unfinished." On the plus side, the stealth mechanics and the special synchronized shooting work pretty well. The squad AI was almost never an issue at all. And finally the gun customization was every gun nut's wet dream. On the other hand however, there are heaps of things that let the game down as well. The controls on an Xbox console might seem okay at distances, but they're far too clunky at the short ranges the game puts you in. The story itself is bland and uninteresting: while I liked the dialogue between the Ghosts a little, I can't say I gave a damn about what was going on around me. The sound needs a LOT more work, with certain effects or lack thereof really taking you out of certain moments. And the facial animation at certain points was just plain terrible. Most of these flaws felt like they all needed more time and manpower to sort out. Couple this with major connection issues for its multiplayer (despite having a goddamn beta beforehand) and you have a game that while far from **** certainly does not compare with the Advanced Warfighter games. Expand
  22. Nov 5, 2012
    I am of two minds on this game. First let me say that the single player campaign was excellent. I enjoyed every mission and spent more than 8 hours just enjoying the missions and not rushing through the game. The multiplayer was also fun, if not a bit sparse on the game match servers. In that regard, Ghost Recon Online is a much better alternative with better keyboard/mouse controls.I am of two minds on this game. First let me say that the single player campaign was excellent. I enjoyed every mission and spent more than 8 hours just enjoying the missions and not rushing through the game. The multiplayer was also fun, if not a bit sparse on the game match servers. In that regard, Ghost Recon Online is a much better alternative with better keyboard/mouse controls. Where the game falls a bit short are in the controls which feel a bit clunky at times. The active cover is nice but getting into cover often glitches leaving you open to fire. Overall, the game was fun, but previous versions felt much more responsive. Expand
  23. Oct 6, 2012
    The hopes for this game were really great. Are they true? In a sense, yes. The game is played really 1; great working with the team, cool missions using a variety of gadgets, whow is really great. Until the compilation of the tactical shooter gets a classic, it is not worse, although in many of these games are the elements of the fatal shooting, and here ... here as well as the creeps andThe hopes for this game were really great. Are they true? In a sense, yes. The game is played really 1; great working with the team, cool missions using a variety of gadgets, whow is really great. Until the compilation of the tactical shooter gets a classic, it is not worse, although in many of these games are the elements of the fatal shooting, and here ... here as well as the creeps and makes firing squad. The plus there is a modification of weapons. We enormity and other additives that sh unblock through missions or challenges. It's really fun because everyone can make your dream weapon. Well, but what game is not perfect. Maybe shooting elements are not bad ... but it's mostly tactical quiet game, and how the game shooting elements is too much. On the game's enormous moments in which the mission can not even do it quietly though it seems like that was supposed to give. It happened to me even that bug me the whole game by doing some missions quietly, although the authors came up with doing the shooting on the boor. Not too good is also optimized. Even on a good computer game will be poorly attended, and attention even to the poor graphics. Weak look a some videos which reduces even more my assessment of the game. The story does not attract special, but it can be ... a little caught up in it. Even the graphics look nice, although the liquidity of the game on the graphics is worse. Overall, the game is really fun because my rating is not so low. But I suspect that Ghost Recon fans will like it. My Rating - 7.5 / 10 Expand
  24. Jul 3, 2012
    Cons: Terrible console port - things like 'press LB' and other xbox related icons can be found all over. The graphics look awful - offensive pop-in objects, low res textures and poor anti-aliasing. Connection problems - be prepared to be disconnected and kicked out of almost every game. Price - £30 for a crappy console port? Rip off. Optimisation - I run a high end rig, complete withCons: Terrible console port - things like 'press LB' and other xbox related icons can be found all over. The graphics look awful - offensive pop-in objects, low res textures and poor anti-aliasing. Connection problems - be prepared to be disconnected and kicked out of almost every game. Price - £30 for a crappy console port? Rip off. Optimisation - I run a high end rig, complete with overclocked i5-2500k and an EVGA GTX 670 FTW, and I cant even run this game on max settings properly. BF3 on ultra @ 60fps, no problem! but this.. no way. Unbelievable. Pros: If you can muster 3 other friends to play with you, it can be quite fun - providing you actually get in a a game for longer than 10 seconds and can overlook the awful visuals and poor performance. Expand
  25. Feb 22, 2013
    Ghost recon future soldier is not Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 3, (I need to mention that every reference towards ghost recon advanced warfighter 2 is from the CONSOLE VERSION, pc is a totally different story altogether) this is what a lot of people were expecting, it feels like a mesh of (incoming hate for cliche comparison) call of duty and ghost recon, which is not bad on its own,Ghost recon future soldier is not Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 3, (I need to mention that every reference towards ghost recon advanced warfighter 2 is from the CONSOLE VERSION, pc is a totally different story altogether) this is what a lot of people were expecting, it feels like a mesh of (incoming hate for cliche comparison) call of duty and ghost recon, which is not bad on its own, but it lacks the high adrenaline that was given in some of the call of duty campaigns and the deep tactics in ghost recon advanced warfighter 2, you do get that innovation that is required from the sequels, there's some cool new stuff that works better then what did in ghost recon advanced warfighter 2, such as getting your squad to take out 4 targets at once (counting you) when you mark up 4 and as soon as you take the shot they fire. The ai on your team is quite good, much like the ones from before. You can still command things like drones, you can have them suspended in the air, or have them transform to roll on the ground, and you can call them back to you. NOW FOR THE ISSUES. On launch day, if you had a high end graphics card, you were gonna get problems. I'm using a radeon 5700 and it ran without problems but it still might cause issues with your system if you have a high end card. The other big beef I have and this is what shattered my experience and made me right this review, is that you don't command your squad. You can have them do a few things, like the takedown 4 targets thing I mentioned earlier, but it just really blows, unless there's a part in the game where you get full command of your squad through,, I don't know, the death of your captain? Then I am completely wrong but honest, I haven't heard that yet, just "it's call of duty, lol". Remember that difficulty in GRAW2 with a 5th level difficulty, a single bullet kills you, if you had some skill and memorized the maps, all you really could do was command your squad using the map or their cameras, which was badass by the way, it was so well done, it had so much depth. Now where this game actually shines that makes it a disappointing good game rather then a disappointing bad game, is the multiplayer and co op, (no local co op, I think they even got sued for false advertising) multiplayer is a lot of fun, there is so much customization, you can customize your gun down to handle and barrel, not just attachments and paintjobs. There's some really fun maps, I haven't tried co op yet though but you can play it in single player or do co op missions that are not part of the campaign. Now I think there is one small aspect that does save the game in the story, when you get to the point where you get cloak, you can get close to that flanking feeling that was in GRAW2, in GRAW2 you could command your squad behind cover without them firing to get into position to fight the enemy which are also in cover, you could then move around to the side just a bit so they can't see you, you get your troops to open fire and then you sneak in more while the enemies are distracted to flank and take them out, cloaking in future soldier simulates that a bit to make it feel like the deep tactics within GRAW2 and that's really where FR disappoints, that wall of tactics found in GRAW2 are barren, the innovation added to FR combined with GRAW2 gameplay could have been an amazing game, we waited 6 years for a console game release of a Ghost Recon game, and this is sadly what we got. I also wrote this based on the price drop, (Can't believe i payed 80 USD for this), for 35 dollars it's pretty good considering how fun you might have with the multiplayer and co op but only get it for that, Campaign by yourself, even with the reasonable AI, is disappointing. SO TO RECAP: Disappointing campaign, things added in but also taken out, doesn't feel like GRAW2, Co op and Multiplayer good, lot's of fun to be had 7/10 for variety and content. Expand
  26. Jan 4, 2014
    I have always loved the Ghost Recon Series.
    but...
    My first dissapointment was that it was a third person gameplay. Had I known this before I had the chance to buy it I would have refrained from doing so. I simply hate third person gameplay (it makes it all so much more arcade-ish) When I then tried to play it, my mouse was simply not accepted by the game. Simply put, I could
    I have always loved the Ghost Recon Series.
    but...

My first dissapointment was that it was a third person gameplay.
    I simply hate third person gameplay (it makes it all so much more arcade-ish)

When I then tried to play it, my mouse was simply not accepted by the game.
    Simply put, I could not move my aim... (this was a real bug in the game)
    Then there was the problem with graphics (screen went black. resolution was all strange)
    And if that was not enough.... The whole gui (being ported from the consoles) is just terrible.
    A PC-Game should be a PC-Game, specially one that belongs to the Ghost recon series.
    Ghost Recon is not suited for arcade style gameplay!

My advice is stay as far away as you can from this game, buying it will maje you regret it.
    Configuration possibilities are less than poor and the game is ful of bugs, many of which you will experience even before actually getting to the first gameplay.

The game feels stale and monotome.

Anyway. I contacted the support about it all and they could not help me or anyone else with the same problem I was shuffled between the steam support and the game developers support)

After a few rounds and several hours of troubleshooting I decided that I had not recieved a working product and that there was no solution available so I wanted my funds returned and the game deleted from my list.

4 times I asked but I was refused.

So...
    After being so dissapointed with this malware of a game I asked steam to delete it from my games list without returning my money...
    I simply do not wish to see this game in my list to remind me of my wasted money.

I hope the developers of this game take this review to their hearts and understands that games should have warranty with refunds or quality assurances made along with the games.
  27. Jun 27, 2012
    When I first bought this game, I was rather excited to jump into it. This was, however a month ago. The first issue I ran into was before the game even came out, the two week delay. I could be wrong, but I, myself, never saw a reasoning behind why Ubisoft did such. Was it to make the game a better port from console? Obviously not, this brings me to my first point.

When I fired up the

When I fired up the game, I was rather amused by the graphics at first, but then it hit me..."Wow they really just did port this from the console with no regard at all." LB for a grenatde? I'm pretty sure I have a keyboard, not a controller...This just down right pissed me off.

Another rather annoying fact I ran into is how outdated my video card is. I'm still rocking the **** M15X with a Nvidia Geforce 260M card. After turning the graphics on full low, and my res down to 1600x900 on my larger screen, I got really good FPS....until I hit particles. I feel like the GPU resources are waaaaay out of balance in this game. Some maps I get 60+FPS, others, 20. This really made it unenjoyable, and yes I know it dosen't relate to the game its self, but I feel that this is still a valid point.

Lastly the Multiplayer. While it has it's fun at times, I feel like this is just simply a Call of Duty ripoff. The only spin is the Squad Based engagements, and the third person. The XP system isn't up to tabs either, and again, feels like a CoD game. I myself, tend to stay away from CoD just based on the fact that I suck-eggs. If they awarded XP for other tasks like supresson, things like that (*cough* BF3 things *Cough*) then maybe it would appel to me more. What they did do right is how friends can join off of you, and play around. VOIP is also "nice" but annoying at times. Well there's my two cents on this game, hope I was helpful.
  28. Jun 26, 2012
    Wow. Really disappointed. I'm only 4 missions in but I gotta say...terrible port to the PC. I usually don
  29. Jun 28, 2012
    The biggest dissappointment of the year. This was the game I was waiting for, the game I was so excited about and it turns out to be such a horrible console port. It's really just next to unbelievable how bad this is. It's riddled by bugs and coding problems, so you get errors all the time. Hilariously horrible controls and gameplay overall just sucks. There are some real major flaws inThe biggest dissappointment of the year. This was the game I was waiting for, the game I was so excited about and it turns out to be such a horrible console port. It's really just next to unbelievable how bad this is. It's riddled by bugs and coding problems, so you get errors all the time. Hilariously horrible controls and gameplay overall just sucks. There are some real major flaws in this, I wasn't expecting such a fail. Waste of money. Expand
  30. Jun 26, 2012
    3rd person sure does make it hard to not camp as well as all of the snipers
    I sure wish I could text in game
    Nade spammers on objectives
    its like call of duty only without the fun

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 14, 2012
    Slightly irritating 3rd person view, cover shooter parts are very average, but ultimately fun as a stealth game seasoned with some tactics. [Sept 2012]
  2. PC PowerPlay
    Sep 16, 2012
    This shoddy console port has cast a shimmering invisible cloak over what would have been a serviceable third-person shooter. [Sept 2012, p.55]
  3. Sep 5, 2012
    At its worst, Future Soldier is an uneven experience with some unchecked boxes as they pertain to PC ports (e.g. no option to invert the controls on a gamepad) and an unrecognizable story, but at its best it's a good shooter with a little more thought required than many other 3rd person shooters available right now.