5.0

1. Sep 12, 2012
    If your looking for the best 4-player Co-Op game availble........
    THIS IS IT!!
    Unlike all other games that limits you to 2 players n Co-Op,
    Ghost Recon Future Soldier allows 4 . ps...
    If you set-up the ports, it will be easier to get your friends online with you.

Enjoy
  2. Jun 26, 2012
    Ghost Recon's return after a long time, this time with delivery and proposal totally solid, totally Graphics improved compared to the console version, fully customizable keyboard mappings, a campaign of high quality, fully solid port, a multiplayer with varied and totally addictive modes
  3. Dec 3, 2012
    from my experience of Ghost recon Future Soldier the graphics where done really well although there are some bugs here and there but there isn't that many. So i think this game should be closer to the top of the list rather then being close to the bottom. GIVE THIS GAME A 10.
  4. Feb 2, 2014
    A fantastic game which is being **** about because of the multiplayer servers. It is a great game, introduces to really awesome tech which is close to being materialised in real war conflict. The cover mechanics is the best in gaming history(ok same as GoW series) and the tactics used to out flank and out position is spot on. The missions are linear, COD type but the way you do it hasA fantastic game which is being **** about because of the multiplayer servers. It is a great game, introduces to really awesome tech which is close to being materialised in real war conflict. The cover mechanics is the best in gaming history(ok same as GoW series) and the tactics used to out flank and out position is spot on. The missions are linear, COD type but the way you do it has variation and requires strategy so that kinda overcomes its "on-rail" gameplay courtesy of Battlefield and CoD games.
    The Graphics is pretty good,not Battlefield 4 great though. The atmosphere is done right and it really feels like you are in a battlefield and not placed in studio with textures of destroyed landscape pasted in the background (like CoD). It was a great move to go 3rd person, and any rabid hater criticizing the game for its 3rd person view should go cry in a corner cuz THIS MAKES THE GAME MECHANICS WORK WELL!!
    The only good military game since Battlefield Bad Company 2...which is a shame for the gaming industry..
    Its 8.5 out of 10 but im giving it a 10 to offset the retard user reviews
  5. Sep 5, 2012
    Great Game... for the lovers of the GR and TC games... but there are a few things.. the bug that I cannot have all the unlockable guns... the fact that the multiplayer game is a total and different game... but a good game overall..
  6. Jun 29, 2012
    Ok, first off my playing style. I play co op campaigns with my friends. I loved vegas 2 and this is like a new vegas 2 for me. At first, i wasn't impressed with the gameplay, i played the first level and was bored. This was because i wasn't used to the controls/ai etc. After playing coop campaign with my friend, i have found this game to be extremely fun. From the customization of weaponsOk, first off my playing style. I play co op campaigns with my friends. I loved vegas 2 and this is like a new vegas 2 for me. At first, i wasn't impressed with the gameplay, i played the first level and was bored. This was because i wasn't used to the controls/ai etc. After playing coop campaign with my friend, i have found this game to be extremely fun. From the customization of weapons down to the main parts, to the camo suit which is that of the Crysis series without the energy drain. The magnetic view is badass in its own. I personally think that this game is worth the money, after many letdowns came out ... RAGE!... i was skeptical about pre-purchasing a new game especially this one, but after playing it, it has hooked me. Although you and i may not have the same playing style, i think this one was worth the money. The graphic's could've been a little better considering its 2012 but hey for what they did in the game with all the options of firepower and defense, its worth it. If you want a good co op campaign game, this is it, there are multiple co op modes such as the campaign and guerrilla (waves of enemies) mode. I gave this game a 9 because i actually enjoy it and it keeps me coming back to play, although the story sucks a little it keeps me entertained and i dont feel like i got raped out of my money either. Hope this helps. Expand
  7. Jul 12, 2012
    it's the first time i play this series and i am surprised. nice graphics, the story is understood, the best in this game is the customisation of the weapons. Also, it has a big variety of weapons and equipment. Furthermore the multiplayer is awesome, well made maps, is necessary to work with your teammates for a good result (win). There are some ambiguities as a reference the charactersit's the first time i play this series and i am surprised. nice graphics, the story is understood, the best in this game is the customisation of the weapons. Also, it has a big variety of weapons and equipment. Furthermore the multiplayer is awesome, well made maps, is necessary to work with your teammates for a good result (win). There are some ambiguities as a reference the characters and the AI but it still like me.
    Is a good effort from ubisoft and will be disappointed if ubisoft not pull on the market games for pc (because of piracy)
  8. Sep 16, 2016
    I find the game addictive. I want to go on to the next scene as soon as one ends. I wish there were more episodes to go along with this story. More missions would be nice. I'm playing it on a Mac using Boot Camp.
  9. Feb 18, 2013
    I actually enjoyed playing this game. Stealth missions were lots of fun. For entire single player campaign i encountered few bugs( nothing game breaking), but i played in 1.7 version. I understand where all those negative reviews are coming from, game had to be a mess shortly after release. Still game is worth buying now after all those fixes its solid shooter.
  10. Jun 27, 2012
    Figured i should write this to counter balance all the haters. Its a good game. Yes it was delayed who cares. Yes its a console port, i really don't care i play with a controller anyway. Its got a great story and good graphics not every game is a huge budget AAA release. If you want a good idea of the game look at the console reviews, nothing here but a bunch of complainers.
  11. Jul 1, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Игра достаточно необычна, и я получил удовольствие как от прохождения сюжета, так и от игры в мультиплеер! Мне, к счастью, не пришлось столкнуться с большинством описанных игроками проблем, единственное, что иногда раздражает, это организация сетевых матчей. Конечно, это консольный порт, и все соответствующие проблемы портов здесь присутствуют в некоторой степени, но, повторюсь, мне игра доставляет удовольствие, и я не жалею потраченных на нее денег!!! Expand
  12. Jun 26, 2012
    I just unlocked this game via steam. The port is absolutely solid, the controls, the enhanced graphics, the audio etc. But the big hitter is the addicting gameplay. Yes, there isn't that GREAT of a story in this title, but the tactical situations you get yourself in have completely different consequences no matter how many times you try. This was just what i needed after puking my brainsI just unlocked this game via steam. The port is absolutely solid, the controls, the enhanced graphics, the audio etc. But the big hitter is the addicting gameplay. Yes, there isn't that GREAT of a story in this title, but the tactical situations you get yourself in have completely different consequences no matter how many times you try. This was just what i needed after puking my brains out over Spec Ops. Expand
  13. Oct 6, 2012
    The hopes for this game were really great. Are they true? In a sense, yes. The game is played really 1; great working with the team, cool missions using a variety of gadgets, whow is really great. Until the compilation of the tactical shooter gets a classic, it is not worse, although in many of these games are the elements of the fatal shooting, and here ... here as well as the creeps andThe hopes for this game were really great. Are they true? In a sense, yes. The game is played really 1; great working with the team, cool missions using a variety of gadgets, whow is really great. Until the compilation of the tactical shooter gets a classic, it is not worse, although in many of these games are the elements of the fatal shooting, and here ... here as well as the creeps and makes firing squad. The plus there is a modification of weapons. We enormity and other additives that sh unblock through missions or challenges. It's really fun because everyone can make your dream weapon. Well, but what game is not perfect. Maybe shooting elements are not bad ... but it's mostly tactical quiet game, and how the game shooting elements is too much. On the game's enormous moments in which the mission can not even do it quietly though it seems like that was supposed to give. It happened to me even that bug me the whole game by doing some missions quietly, although the authors came up with doing the shooting on the boor. Not too good is also optimized. Even on a good computer game will be poorly attended, and attention even to the poor graphics. Weak look a some videos which reduces even more my assessment of the game. The story does not attract special, but it can be ... a little caught up in it. Even the graphics look nice, although the liquidity of the game on the graphics is worse. Overall, the game is really fun because my rating is not so low. But I suspect that Ghost Recon fans will like it. My Rating - 7.5 / 10 Expand
  14. Aug 5, 2012
    I give it a positive 8 :)! I am playing trough the singleplayer, havent tried multiplayer. But i agree alittlebit, console port annoying :(!
    It is a good game, but it's very avarage game. It doesnt bring anything super new to the table. It is good game, it is good game, it is good game, it is good game..... That it is. But its nothing crazy. 7.5 worthy maybe. Not a great game, but buy worthy if ur not poor-like with games.
  15. Aug 25, 2012
    I played full game and expect some bugs I can NOT find reason for so low 4.1 points from users and i would agree with Meta-critic 8.1 for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon ..If you like Stealth and especially Tactical Shooter this is a game for you..I enjoed it from the strart til the end .Graphic is good, sound is much better and the reason why i like this game i cause it if addictive to play,I played full game and expect some bugs I can NOT find reason for so low 4.1 points from users and i would agree with Meta-critic 8.1 for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon ..If you like Stealth and especially Tactical Shooter this is a game for you..I enjoed it from the strart til the end .Graphic is good, sound is much better and the reason why i like this game i cause it if addictive to play, cause of story ..sooo much things which you can do with your equipment. At the end i would give it solid 8. Thanks Expand
  16. Jul 1, 2012
    This game is fine, don't know why there is so much hate out there, either you have a crap PC or you don't know how to play. I got to say that the graphics and the cut scene videos are not that great for a 2012 game, but the game play and strategy is A+.
    Also where is that mission that was played at E3 2010? :)
  17. Jul 4, 2012
    Fun game, a few issues with the port such as not being able to access the options menu in game. Runs great on my rig, gorgeous visuals and fun to boot. I'm enjoying myself anyway, I haven't encountered most of the issues others are reporting. 8/10
  18. Jun 30, 2012
    I was worried whether to play this or send it back without opening it after reading all the negative comments. In the end, I decided to at least give it a chance and I'm glad I did. Things I like: Gunsmith, I love the gun customisation. I haven't unlocked much, but theres lots to choose from and plenty of camos to give your weapon a unique look. I was most concerned about the graphics,I was worried whether to play this or send it back without opening it after reading all the negative comments. In the end, I decided to at least give it a chance and I'm glad I did. Things I like: Gunsmith, I love the gun customisation. I haven't unlocked much, but theres lots to choose from and plenty of camos to give your weapon a unique look. I was most concerned about the graphics, but I'm pleased to say in DX11 maxed out I really quite like them. The environments are detailed, debris, graffiti on walls. The textures look crisp. I've only played the campaign so far and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Ok, so the negative. I've listened to the advice and am playing version 1.0. I've read about the disaster that is patch 1.2 and avoided it. This means I can't yet play multiplayer (so this game clearly was rushed out). The controls are ok. Clearly from a console, but I've tweaked the mouse sensitivity to my liking and remapped the scope to RMB. I struggled at first with performance. I have everything maxed in DX11 on a 4ghz 2500k and 560ti. I struggled to get a steady 60fps. However, I found that adding launcher and GR.exe to nvidia control panel and selecting AFR2 allowed me to use SLI quite successfully and now its really fluid. The single player is a bit linear and I'm not a fan of story telling anyway, so a bit more shooty and less talky would have been better for me. In conclusion, I believe if you liked R6 Vegas like you'll really like this. I love the cover system (holding shift moves you to the next context sensitive cover). I haven't experience any bugs (yet!) and haven't had any problems at all with the game so far. Expand
  19. Jul 30, 2012
    This game completely startled me as I was fully prepared to hate it. I am a veteran of this and similar series, having spent far too many hours/days/weeks in cooperative play on such titles as the first Ghost Recon, Raven Shield and SWAT 4, and I have been utterly appalled by the direction this series has taken since the first iteration. The second game was a console only farce and GRAWThis game completely startled me as I was fully prepared to hate it. I am a veteran of this and similar series, having spent far too many hours/days/weeks in cooperative play on such titles as the first Ghost Recon, Raven Shield and SWAT 4, and I have been utterly appalled by the direction this series has taken since the first iteration. The second game was a console only farce and GRAW 1 & 2 were simply appalling on every single level, designed and executed by a talentless team that never should have gotten the job to start with.

This, a 3rd person, action based shooter that is all about the gadgets and implemented by Ubisoft, a company I have less an less respect for with each passing day, should have been a train wreck.
    But damn if I didn't enjoy the hell out of it!

First up: tech issues. I had none. Nada. Nothing. The only complaint I could possibly find was that, at an average of 40 fps, the frame rate was a little low throughout (I run a quad core @ 4.3 gig, OC'd 570 , 8 GIG of ram and a crazy fast SSD). This really is one of those times were I suspect that the complainers just do not know how to look after their PC and keep it mean and lean for running new games.

Second up - the overall change in style. A long standing gripe I have had with these "sim style" FPS/TPS games is that, flatly, I am not a super fit military expert. I cannot sprint for miles, shoot guns with amazing accuracy and speed or snap a man's neck with my bare hands. As I am playing someone who can, however, I expect the game to provide systems that let me feel like the bad-ass I am supposed to be. Splinter Cell Conviction was the first game to do this, finally (after so many sequels) making me feel like I was the nano-augmented master assassin that Sam Fisher was supposed to be and GR:FS does the same thing for the GR series.
    Kitted out with a plethora of futuristic yet believable hardware, GR:FS lets me loose in a whole swathe of hostile environments and allows me, with a good dollop of skill and finesse, to move through my enemies like a ghost in the night, silently and efficiently disposing of all threats. Even better are the full-on action scenes that see you battling through packed city streets, desperately trying to make head-shots through crowds of civvies while sprinting and leaping between cover and issuing orders to your team. The game's ability to immerse you in both frenetic action and silent waiting games is definitely its strongest point and the gadgets such as the remote vehicles and Predator like stealth cloaks add genuine depth of game-play.

One final note to the "console port" whiners: While I am amongst the most vocal of complainers regarding this normally, this game fairs pretty well. Sure it keeps saying "press LB" to throw a grenade, but that is the sole, isolated proof that this came from a console. The graphics are well above par, the controls work flawlessly and the shooting is fully competent. Get off your high horses guys.
  20. Aug 25, 2012
    Hi,
    I've Downloaded this game, it had the Requirements for the Games Recommended Settings.
    I had everything on the Lowest Settings, 800x600 Resolution ( Im using PC ) i have Nvidia GeForce 405. IT still doesn't work, i can play BattleField Really Fine. Also the EXPLOSION EFFECTS are AWFULL, 10 - 5, The Graphics seems to be good, saw some reviews on the website. The PC Requirements MUST
    Hi,
    10 - 5, The Graphics seems to be good, saw some reviews on the website. The PC Requirements MUST change... it Doesn't make sence.
  21. Sep 17, 2012
    Ghost Recon: Future Soldier inove pas mal au niveau game play que sa soit Solo ou Multijoueur.

L
  22. Dec 25, 2012
    Forget these people... This game is awesome... If you love the Tom Clancy Style of games. I played it for 5 hours straight when I started. Runs fine on my system... Maybe your computer sucks?
  23. Jul 19, 2012
    Critics here are awful. Game is pretty good in overall. If you compare it with the best shooters out there you will be disappointed, but it don't deserve a 3, it deserve a 7 score. It's not a console port at all, if you see xbox button that's because you have a gamepad plugged in. Graphics are ok for a game this year (it's not bf3/crysis, but still good). Ambiant occlusion killsCritics here are awful. Game is pretty good in overall. If you compare it with the best shooters out there you will be disappointed, but it don't deserve a 3, it deserve a 7 score. It's not a console port at all, if you see xbox button that's because you have a gamepad plugged in. Graphics are ok for a game this year (it's not bf3/crysis, but still good). Ambiant occlusion kills performance, disable it and everything is ultra smooth. Campaign is awesome and diversified, better than most shooters. It's not tactical as the old Ghost Recon if that's what you are looking for, but the action is good. Expand
  24. Jun 26, 2012
    Single player is pretty good and Guerrilla is really fun (As I really enjoy these kinds of Horde modes). But what keeps it from getting anything higher than a 7 is the crap port they did. Lets see month late release from the consoles AND than another week delay and they didn't even fix the key bindings. Really LB for grenades (Its F by the way)? Mouse control are so so and what reallySingle player is pretty good and Guerrilla is really fun (As I really enjoy these kinds of Horde modes). But what keeps it from getting anything higher than a 7 is the crap port they did. Lets see month late release from the consoles AND than another week delay and they didn't even fix the key bindings. Really LB for grenades (Its F by the way)? Mouse control are so so and what really sucks is what others have said also. Can't access the menu to change your settings within the game. Come on we need to do this to adjust the game to work with our hardware on the fly. I think UBI just doesn't want to do PC games anymore. Maybe they shouldn't... I do hope they patch things up quickly because it will be a killer game once these issues are corrected. ** Oh and if you have WinXP your S.O.L till they get that patch out which wont be for a few weeks UBI says, Expand
  25. Jun 26, 2012
    Generally speaking, this game is above the average. Its story is a little boring and AI is stupid. But I love idea of invisible suit and X-Ray vision, make the combat much different from previous games. And you can customize many components of guns, that's a cool thing.
  26. Aug 27, 2012
    It's as one reviewer aptly put it: "What does work works very well, and what doesn't work gives the impression that the game is unfinished." On the plus side, the stealth mechanics and the special synchronized shooting work pretty well. The squad AI was almost never an issue at all. And finally the gun customization was every gun nut's wet dream. On the other hand however, there are heapsIt's as one reviewer aptly put it: "What does work works very well, and what doesn't work gives the impression that the game is unfinished." On the plus side, the stealth mechanics and the special synchronized shooting work pretty well. The squad AI was almost never an issue at all. And finally the gun customization was every gun nut's wet dream. On the other hand however, there are heaps of things that let the game down as well. The controls on an Xbox console might seem okay at distances, but they're far too clunky at the short ranges the game puts you in. The story itself is bland and uninteresting: while I liked the dialogue between the Ghosts a little, I can't say I gave a damn about what was going on around me. The sound needs a LOT more work, with certain effects or lack thereof really taking you out of certain moments. And the facial animation at certain points was just plain terrible. Most of these flaws felt like they all needed more time and manpower to sort out. Couple this with major connection issues for its multiplayer (despite having a goddamn beta beforehand) and you have a game that while far from **** certainly does not compare with the Advanced Warfighter games. Expand
  27. Nov 5, 2012
    I am of two minds on this game. First let me say that the single player campaign was excellent. I enjoyed every mission and spent more than 8 hours just enjoying the missions and not rushing through the game. The multiplayer was also fun, if not a bit sparse on the game match servers. In that regard, Ghost Recon Online is a much better alternative with better keyboard/mouse controls.I am of two minds on this game. First let me say that the single player campaign was excellent. I enjoyed every mission and spent more than 8 hours just enjoying the missions and not rushing through the game. The multiplayer was also fun, if not a bit sparse on the game match servers. In that regard, Ghost Recon Online is a much better alternative with better keyboard/mouse controls. Where the game falls a bit short are in the controls which feel a bit clunky at times. The active cover is nice but getting into cover often glitches leaving you open to fire. Overall, the game was fun, but previous versions felt much more responsive. Expand
  28. Feb 22, 2013
    Ghost recon future soldier is not Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 3, (I need to mention that every reference towards ghost recon advanced warfighter 2 is from the CONSOLE VERSION, pc is a totally different story altogether) this is what a lot of people were expecting, it feels like a mesh of (incoming hate for cliche comparison) call of duty and ghost recon, which is not bad on its own,Ghost recon future soldier is not Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 3, (I need to mention that every reference towards ghost recon advanced warfighter 2 is from the CONSOLE VERSION, pc is a totally different story altogether) this is what a lot of people were expecting, it feels like a mesh of (incoming hate for cliche comparison) call of duty and ghost recon, which is not bad on its own, but it lacks the high adrenaline that was given in some of the call of duty campaigns and the deep tactics in ghost recon advanced warfighter 2, you do get that innovation that is required from the sequels, there's some cool new stuff that works better then what did in ghost recon advanced warfighter 2, such as getting your squad to take out 4 targets at once (counting you) when you mark up 4 and as soon as you take the shot they fire. The ai on your team is quite good, much like the ones from before. You can still command things like drones, you can have them suspended in the air, or have them transform to roll on the ground, and you can call them back to you. NOW FOR THE ISSUES. On launch day, if you had a high end graphics card, you were gonna get problems. I'm using a radeon 5700 and it ran without problems but it still might cause issues with your system if you have a high end card. The other big beef I have and this is what shattered my experience and made me right this review, is that you don't command your squad. You can have them do a few things, like the takedown 4 targets thing I mentioned earlier, but it just really blows, unless there's a part in the game where you get full command of your squad through,, I don't know, the death of your captain? Then I am completely wrong but honest, I haven't heard that yet, just "it's call of duty, lol". Remember that difficulty in GRAW2 with a 5th level difficulty, a single bullet kills you, if you had some skill and memorized the maps, all you really could do was command your squad using the map or their cameras, which was badass by the way, it was so well done, it had so much depth. Now where this game actually shines that makes it a disappointing good game rather then a disappointing bad game, is the multiplayer and co op, (no local co op, I think they even got sued for false advertising) multiplayer is a lot of fun, there is so much customization, you can customize your gun down to handle and barrel, not just attachments and paintjobs. There's some really fun maps, I haven't tried co op yet though but you can play it in single player or do co op missions that are not part of the campaign. Now I think there is one small aspect that does save the game in the story, when you get to the point where you get cloak, you can get close to that flanking feeling that was in GRAW2, in GRAW2 you could command your squad behind cover without them firing to get into position to fight the enemy which are also in cover, you could then move around to the side just a bit so they can't see you, you get your troops to open fire and then you sneak in more while the enemies are distracted to flank and take them out, cloaking in future soldier simulates that a bit to make it feel like the deep tactics within GRAW2 and that's really where FR disappoints, that wall of tactics found in GRAW2 are barren, the innovation added to FR combined with GRAW2 gameplay could have been an amazing game, we waited 6 years for a console game release of a Ghost Recon game, and this is sadly what we got. I also wrote this based on the price drop, (Can't believe i payed 80 USD for this), for 35 dollars it's pretty good considering how fun you might have with the multiplayer and co op but only get it for that, Campaign by yourself, even with the reasonable AI, is disappointing. SO TO RECAP: Disappointing campaign, things added in but also taken out, doesn't feel like GRAW2, Co op and Multiplayer good, lot's of fun to be had 7/10 for variety and content. Expand
  29. Mar 2, 2013
    I enjoyed this game quite a bit. I played it many months after release and it seems that some of the bugs that pissed folks off have been worked out. It plays well and I didn't run into a single technical issue. If you feel the need to give it a pounding because its not exactly the same as previous T.C. titles be my guest but i'm going to let it stand on its own. There isn't anythingI enjoyed this game quite a bit. I played it many months after release and it seems that some of the bugs that pissed folks off have been worked out. It plays well and I didn't run into a single technical issue. If you feel the need to give it a pounding because its not exactly the same as previous T.C. titles be my guest but i'm going to let it stand on its own. There isn't anything remarkable about this game but that doesn't mean it isn't entertaining. Great buy at 20 dollars thru Steam (sale, all dlc included) and I wouldn't have been disappointed if I bought it at retail. Expand
  30. Jun 28, 2012
    Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is an interesting mash of being both the covert-tactics simulator that the series has long enjoyed, along with four player over-the-shoulder shoot'em-up action, similar to games like Lost Planet 2 and Gears of War. A moderate playthrough of the game can be achieved in 8-13 hours in its singleplayer/co-op campaign, which is an acceptable amount notTom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is an interesting mash of being both the covert-tactics simulator that the series has long enjoyed, along with four player over-the-shoulder shoot'em-up action, similar to games like Lost Planet 2 and Gears of War. A moderate playthrough of the game can be achieved in 8-13 hours in its singleplayer/co-op campaign, which is an acceptable amount not to mention the various multiplayer modes which offer lengthier additional gameplay. The 'Gunsmith' is a neat little feature which offers players the ability to alter their gear towards their play-style, showcasing a variety of potential flavours in the game. Unfortunately, these are the only good things that come to mind as far as what Future Soldier for the PC offers players; as with not only being a very unoptimised port of the Xbox version with severe issues that takes away a lot from the experience, the game itself experiences a number of shortcomings.

While the gameplay features a good blend of stealth vs action segments, Future Soldier's story comes up looking rather bland, uninspired and unbalanaced in comparison. It's really hard to choose which parts are worse between where either the game throws a bunch of new faces at you as it throws you half way across the world to a new setting, or the unnatural pacing and random moments where the story writers decide to try and get you to like the characters better for only a few short moments of the game. There was also a problem with the immersion, as instead of including you deeply into the story, it instead treats you like a stranger and any backstory or point of interest is generally not present or explained. This in comparison to a game like Battlefield: Bad Company 2, which featured great likeable characters and a story which heavily emphasises on involving you in everything that happens.

Another issue with Future Soldier is polish, the one feature that stuck out like a sore thumb in relation to this was the behaviour of the AI of your companions and the enemy. You'll find that your character will be incapable of doing most things but this will not render true for your AI companions; who can not only run with cloaking on but will never be detected. There isn't a problem either with charging through the middle of a supply depot while you carefully sneak around. Not to mention the AI is unpredictable and may often go ahead of you. In combat you'll find the friendly AI doing well at keeping behind objects and firing any target you specify, the enemy however will tend to creep up on you and will stare you down for a while instead of punishing you for getting too ahead of yourself.

The poor performing, buggy, unoptimised release of Future Soldier is disappointing for Ubisoft, especially after the success of their last PC game; Anno 2070. Future Soldier should have been launched in a much better condition and the results of which can only mean more bad publicity for Ubisoft for the next few weeks regarding their support of the PC platform. We can only hope in the next Ubisoft multi-platform release, Ubisoft has the PC as the lead release so the problems that Future Soldier faced that were shared by iD's Rage aren't faced again. Overall, if you are looking for a third person coop/multiplayer military title that offers a lot of action and you aren't too hot on stories, this game could be the thing you're looking for. Do allow Ubisoft a few weeks to sort the kinks out though.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 14, 2012
    Slightly irritating 3rd person view, cover shooter parts are very average, but ultimately fun as a stealth game seasoned with some tactics. [Sept 2012]
  2. PC PowerPlay
    Sep 16, 2012
    This shoddy console port has cast a shimmering invisible cloak over what would have been a serviceable third-person shooter. [Sept 2012, p.55]
  3. Sep 5, 2012
    At its worst, Future Soldier is an uneven experience with some unchecked boxes as they pertain to PC ports (e.g. no option to invert the controls on a gamepad) and an unrecognizable story, but at its best it's a good shooter with a little more thought required than many other 3rd person shooters available right now.