Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield PC

8.9

1. Nov 9, 2015
    The end of an era, it marks the last great tactical shooter on the market before this series descended into mediocrity. Nothing else since this has come close to equalling its quality of brutal, unforgiving tactics. This is a game that wears its realism on its sleeve and isn't afraid to let you drop dead from one bullet fired from a guy you couldn't even have seen coming. You move slowlyThe end of an era, it marks the last great tactical shooter on the market before this series descended into mediocrity. Nothing else since this has come close to equalling its quality of brutal, unforgiving tactics. This is a game that wears its realism on its sleeve and isn't afraid to let you drop dead from one bullet fired from a guy you couldn't even have seen coming. You move slowly and even walking throws your aim way off. Repeated autofire might as well be fired with your eyes closed. Guns feel weighty and impactful, dropping enemies in one or two torso shots. It's harsh and doesn't feel remotely fair at times, but having smooth, flawless success in this game is more satisfying than any other shooter I've played.

Unlocking all the maps requires playing through the campaign mode, where the iffy team AI and permanent injuries/death to the squad members can make things frustrating, but if you take the time to plan things out they usually go well. The game has no tolerance for the slightest mistake, for even a single corner left unchecked, and requires awareness and caution you rarely need in other games.

The real fun comes with friends. Competitive modes are fine, but nothing's better than the sheer teamwork it takes to clear out a whole map in co-op. And the sheer disaster that can strike if any one of you slips up for a moment. Multiplayer no longer functions out of the box, so you'll have to take alternate methods to get it work, such as Hamachi or Tunngle, but it's well worth the effort. Still one of my favourite coop games of all time.
  2. Apr 22, 2013
    Absolutely brilliant. If you like this also check out SWAT 4. This game is pure tactics. Hundreds of hours of my life were in this game. 10/10 agree, this game is a must.
  3. Jan 30, 2013
    I'm big fan of Rogue Spear and Raven Shield just updates RS to a new level. Raven Shield has not the same feeling than Rogue Spear had, but graphic and gameplay update does a lot good. Single player works fine. AI should be able to do some counter-attacs too, it would be nice. With Raven Shield, just make your own plans, equip your team and go kick those terrorist ass!
  4. holodoc
    Jan 1, 2010
    People are making a mistake when they say that this is a game. Its not. Its an experience! The one that makes you want to feel every time you die so you can enjoy it even more when you enter the mission again. It sure has some flaws like an unrealistically ruthless precision of terrorist weapons and a stupid hostage AI but not rating this game with 10 would be something I would be ashamed People are making a mistake when they say that this is a game. Its not. Its an experience! The one that makes you want to feel every time you die so you can enjoy it even more when you enter the mission again. It sure has some flaws like an unrealistically ruthless precision of terrorist weapons and a stupid hostage AI but not rating this game with 10 would be something I would be ashamed of. This game is a legend that will always be playable so therefore... "Alpha... Go, go, go!" Expand
  5. ChrisS
    Dec 25, 2009
    By far the greatest rainbow six game out of the three (not including vegas). This game gave me hours upon hours of enjoyment. As a long time tom clancy fan i have enjoyed all rainbow six games, but 3 has definitly taken the cake, They have prefected this game from the previous ones in so many ways that you will play for hours. The missions are great and diverse, ranging from hostage By far the greatest rainbow six game out of the three (not including vegas). This game gave me hours upon hours of enjoyment. As a long time tom clancy fan i have enjoyed all rainbow six games, but 3 has definitly taken the cake, They have prefected this game from the previous ones in so many ways that you will play for hours. The missions are great and diverse, ranging from hostage rescue, elimination, bomb disarment etc. The planning of each mission is great letting you customise each members layout and waypoint. The only thing that bugged me is sometimes a single terrorist can wipe out your whole team that is under your command or the AI's, but besides that I found this to be one of the best tactical shooters, much better then SWAT series Expand
  6. Jeff
    Mar 30, 2008
    This is very similar to Rogue Spear and the 1st Rainbow Six, but it has a lot better graphics, sound, and new missions. This is my favorite shooter of all time, quite realistic. Ubisoft tech support sucks. I bought this game at Best Buy and the CD was corrupted (CRC error), the tech support guy basically told me "Oh well, it's no longer in print" Fortunately, I found an old ISO of This is very similar to Rogue Spear and the 1st Rainbow Six, but it has a lot better graphics, sound, and new missions. This is my favorite shooter of all time, quite realistic. Ubisoft tech support sucks. I bought this game at Best Buy and the CD was corrupted (CRC error), the tech support guy basically told me "Oh well, it's no longer in print" Fortunately, I found an old ISO of it. No thanks to Ubisoft! Expand
  7. OreoE.
    Jun 5, 2006
    Perhaps the mostr realistic, awesome game I have EVER played.
  8. DanS.
    Jun 5, 2006
    Great game! I played this game before and has real cool intro movies and also great equipment, weapons and many more. I recomend to play, everybody!
  9. PerkeleenP.
    Apr 23, 2005
    The terrorists are freakin' commandos. They shoot you dead with one shot a pistol when you have a full armor. Lack of realism.
  10. GrahamM.
    Apr 13, 2004
    You must buy this game!!!
  11. D.G.
    Oct 27, 2003
    Great game more should take a deeper look into it.
  12. StevenH.
    Oct 17, 2003
    Realism is the key to this game's success.
  13. DaveC.
    Jul 7, 2003
    Top notch title! The single player campaign is good but playing it on line is where the fun really begins..Superb.
  14. KelR.
    Jun 20, 2003
    A serious thrill ride, if you play games online than you HAVE to own this game. The replay value of the game is limitless, and the graphics are so realistic that I actually get a huge adrenaline rush within minutes.
  15. SeanW.
    May 16, 2003
    I just played the multiplayer demo for this today and I was very impressed. I tried out the P90,USP,and the SSG-3000 and it was amazing, so anyone who is dieing to play this game play it quick before you die.
  16. AndrewH.
    May 9, 2003
    Top tactical shooter, a new leap for mister clancy, he really rules over the rest. Andrew Harrison AKA mad man.
  17. DenisT.
    Apr 1, 2003
    Great overall game...It really becomes interesting on the net...Weaponery is awesome, the gadgets great. Immersive and stressfull...WOW...Best 49$ i spent!

1. It’s by far the best-looking and most-realistic game in the series, and finally begins to deliver the team-based tactical gameplay its predecessors haven’t quite pulled off.
  2. Simply the best tactical shooter on the market. The high level of detail and the wealth of options offer a great amount of replay potential.
    Everything’s been upgraded and/or redone to make tactical team gameplay as cohesive and fun as the series has always been. Just make sure you have a powerful machine to enjoy every aspect of the game.