7.4

1. Aug 20, 2013
    If you liked any of the previous splinter cells you will enjoy this game, the voice change takes some getting used to but its a splinter cell with the stealth element back!
  2. Sep 10, 2013
    Aside from few small glitches I haven't noticed anything that I would call a serious bug. That is in SP at least since I have't played multiplayer yet.

Now as for the game itself as a really big Splinter Cell fan I have to say that as far as content and presentation are concerned I dare say that this is perhaps the best Splinter Cell to date. Yes even better than Chaos Theory in some aspects. Its lengthy and the Perfectionist difficulty (the only true way for every Splinter Cell fan to play this game) is ruthless (sometimes even too much). There is a huge number of main and side missions which you can repeat as many times as you like in order to get specific play-style bonuses and achievements. What I like best about the game is Fisher himself. For the first time we get to see him in some very specific situations where he can't rely on his gizmos. Additionally I thought that the absence of Michael Ironside might prove to be a huge minus however I was surprised to see how well the new actor fits the role of a more natural Fisher. He is not that much expressive which is a downer sometimes but still Fisher's voice acting surprised me in a positive way. Don't know if I could go back to listening Ironside again :)

Now the bad part. The controls are ridiculously laggy with key bindings which will sometimes force players into despair. Especially on Perfectionist difficulty where its extremely important to react fast. It will happen all too often to wait for a guard to pass a door in order to knock him down but then watch something shocking happen when you press E like closing a door right in front of the guard or flipping a light switch on which just happened to be right next to the doors. There is also a problem with picking up knocked down enemies from the floor because in almost 95% of the situations when you press E above the body you will be picking up the enemy's weapon instead of his body. Then you have to press E again to get back your silenced weapon and hover over the body of the lying enemy just to find a spot where the game registers a body picking action. Sam also buffers too much control commands. I.e. you accidentally pressed E twice to close an open door Sam will refuse to ignore the second keypress and open the door after the first animation has finished. Then there are a tons of unpredictable and long animations which will make life harder on Perfectionist difficulty.

If it wasn't for the horrible controls I would rate the game 10/10 without ANY hesitation. Huge amount of quality content, lengthy and very challenging missions, excellent voice acting and a very good usage of Sam's character to progress the story (for the fist time since Splinter Cell exists I'd say). All the reasons to praise this game. An excellent return to the roots of what made Splinter Cell an excellent and very specific game. But the horrible experience with the controls has to be taken into account which is why I give this game a well deserved 9/10. For anyone who likes Splinter Cell buying this game is not a question of buying it or not just a question when to buy it
  3. Sep 7, 2013
    A mix of Splinter Cell Conviction and Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, the most genius mix ever, it's got the awesomeness from Chaos Theory and the smooth gameplay mechanics from Conviction. And the things people say about bad optimization is not true, I run it above 60fps 100% of the time at 1920x1080 and at medium settings with a decent PC.
  4. Sep 18, 2013
    First of all I want to state that I have a pretty high end set-up, so none of the graphical glitches and slowdowns that others have reported effected me in my playthrough.

I found the games graphics to be absolutely stunning on the highest settings, in comparison to the console counterpart. I also played the entire campaign on perfectionist just to see how far I could push myself and I have to say I haven't had such a fun time in ages. With multiple routes through every level and some really tough scenarios I had a great time. I also think the equipment progression is a great incentive to do side-missions.

I had a great time with this title and I hope to help a few people if they're sitting on the fence. Action and stealth fans will find a home hear as both those things are something that SC:Blacklist does expertly.
  5. Sep 12, 2013
    This game may be the best game in the year of 2013,and i think it is. I spent two whole night in a row trying to finish all 4E task in ghost and panther model of perfect .blacklist is really an excited game with too much fun ,not only difficulty.
  6. Dec 29, 2013
    For me personally, I didn't have a single issue with running the game. It was top-notch stealth action and best in class. Loved every second of it, from the campaign to the return of Spies vs Mercs multiplayer.
  7. Sep 3, 2013
    Certainly the game is better than its previous version.
    Like the most the possibility of passing the mission in quiet mode and in different ways......
  8. Sep 7, 2013
    I love this game, yes it is similar to conviction and all the SC fans hate that but it doesn't make it a bad game. I like the new 3 playstlye system and I do also like how easy it is to jump into but it has enough elements to learn to not make it stale. I would like to see like weekly levels that pop up in the SMI even if they are just rehashed levels with different enemy patterns or evenI love this game, yes it is similar to conviction and all the SC fans hate that but it doesn't make it a bad game. I like the new 3 playstlye system and I do also like how easy it is to jump into but it has enough elements to learn to not make it stale. I would like to see like weekly levels that pop up in the SMI even if they are just rehashed levels with different enemy patterns or even make the "Gone Dark" missions playable not just a minigame.

The multiplayer is fun but not much more. At this point it does seem to have some balancing issues and doesn't have the same feel as the old one. If you buy the game you may aswell play a couple hours but you most probably wont be playing it for hours.

Overall I love this game so much so I have just started my second playthrough just days after my first. I have yet to play the CO-OP but I have a feeling it will be great.
  9. Dec 3, 2013
    One of the best games of 2013. The choice of STEALTH vs ACTION is warmly welcome. Single player story is one of the strongest with tons of GADGETS and adds a great replay value. The 14 Co-op missions give different tastes. Spy vs Mercs is one of the best multiplayer modes in todays run-and-gun gameplay.Surely worth of your money.
  10. Nov 23, 2013
    Have you ever played one of those 'stealth' games where as long as you don't stand directly in front of the enemy they can't see you.
    Well, Blacklist isn't one of those games. The AI is fantastic. And taking down multiple guys without getting spotted is quite thrilling.
    My main gripes with Conviction is that it seemed to be a corridor shooter with stealth elements added afterwards and the game seemed to want you to do anything but go stealthy. The latter has been addressed, but there are still quite a few moments where you'll be doing distinctly non-stealth related activities.
    Overall a very enjoyable game.
  11. Nov 16, 2013
    Being an old Chaos Theory junkie I must say Blacklist is a breath of fresh air for the franchise. Fisher is back where he needs to be, in the dark! Definitely a game worth playing, and has a replay value on different difficulties. Multi-player could use a tweak or two, but I enjoyed the entire Blacklist experience.
  12. Sep 9, 2013
    This game is a major hit in for the PC genre. Its even better than the Xbox 360. The gameplay and the game mechanics for the pc are amazing. The controls are well defined and easy to master.The levels are challenging. The graphics are obviously 2 times better than of Splinter Cell Conviction. This game beats its in most of the aspects of the game series.
  13. Sep 4, 2013
    the best stealth game of the last 5 years and defiantly one of the best games of the years. splinter cell continues to be one of the best gaming experiences out there.
  14. Aug 27, 2013
    Enjoted blacklist very much! Levels design are so awesome, its on same level as deus ex for me. Perfect stealth gameplay. The music and sound are very good. Sam really look cool, like true commander, all hes moves and stuf like that make him looks as real soldier. When playing this game its similar to watch some really nice military movie. Game looks very good on ultra, but no 16:10 support?
  15. Jan 6, 2014
    I was turned off by the first mandatory tutorial mission but as soon as i got passed this and started mastering the controls, i really enjoyed the story and gameplay. I'm not a die hard fan of the series, i've only played conviction before this. All i can say is it's really well done and polished. Some level are really challenging and can be frustrating but in the end, it's very addictive.I was turned off by the first mandatory tutorial mission but as soon as i got passed this and started mastering the controls, i really enjoyed the story and gameplay. I'm not a die hard fan of the series, i've only played conviction before this. All i can say is it's really well done and polished. Some level are really challenging and can be frustrating but in the end, it's very addictive. Well done. Loved it. Expand
  16. Oct 6, 2013
    This is my first Splinter Cell game and for sure not the last one. I love it. There is so much stuff in this game... Campaign itself is long and big enough, but you have plenty of side missions you can play solo or in coop. Some very easy, some extremely hard even on normal difficulty. Animations, gameplay, locations, music and details level are very, very good. There is high replay valueThis is my first Splinter Cell game and for sure not the last one. I love it. There is so much stuff in this game... Campaign itself is long and big enough, but you have plenty of side missions you can play solo or in coop. Some very easy, some extremely hard even on normal difficulty. Animations, gameplay, locations, music and details level are very, very good. There is high replay value for each mission, cause you can play it in 3 different ways. Mastering your skills and weapons for sure many people will play it again to get better score. Coop missions are awesome, multiplayer is little hard for me due very quick dying, but can be that it will change when i get used to it, didn`t play MP much yet. Didn`t have too much problems with optimizing PC version. Sometimes i have sound issues but restart solves the problem and i had graphics problems, but these were caused by old drivers. After updating it everything works fine. Recommend this game to everyone Expand
  17. Sep 17, 2013
    i really can't understand why people are giving this game a bad score this is a great no i think this is the best splinter cell game ever people say it's like call of duty and so why it isn't like that at all unlike conviction there is no action in this game at all except for one mission one mission from over 25 missions is action you get amazing gadgets amazing graphics andi really can't understand why people are giving this game a bad score this is a great no i think this is the best splinter cell game ever people say it's like call of duty and so why it isn't like that at all unlike conviction there is no action in this game at all except for one mission one mission from over 25 missions is action you get amazing gadgets amazing graphics and outstanding atmosphere just play the game and then be honest and say you're opinion don't be a troller and support the developers Expand
  18. Oct 6, 2013
    The best splinter cell after Chaos Theory. Don't trust people who says is too easy or something similar. Play it at the maximum difficulty and you will have the execution feature disabled, sonar goggles which doesn't pass through walls, more reactive enemies and you get one-shotted. Try to play it stealth, like a splinter cell must be played as.
    I also suggest you to avoid upgrading your
    I also suggest you to avoid upgrading your base with the radar map and using the Tri-rotor drone, which results in a way to easy run.
    I agree with you that is way too easy if you play it in "assault mode", killing every enemy with a weapon and passing to the next one. It can be done like that, but you will not enjoy the core of the Splinter Cell saga. It's like playing GTA without killing people or steal cars (you can even play like that but it's not the way a GTA should be played)
    You surely can't complain about the ways missions can be played because you can do every move and options of the past games. In addition, maps offers an extremely variety of passages.
    The main plot follows the one of the saga, starting after Conviction. It's solid, the only complaint is that Sam's personal relationships aren't so much expanded
  19. Sep 13, 2013
    A fine return to form for Splinter Cell.
    A fine return to form for Splinter Cell.
    I was super mad when Ironside got replaced as Sam Fisher, but I honestly quit caring about an hour into the game because the gameplay was so damn good (the story was enthralling as well). The story was well paced and kept me playing for hours at a time. The side missions are very entertaining as well (especially Kobin's missions where you have to eliminate whole swaths of enemies without being detected).
    I chose to play most missions either ghost or panther style which excluding a few setpiece moments is a very viable option. There are lots of nooks and crannies to explore (pipes to climb, vents to hide in, sewers to crawl through) as either style. Conviction was a fun game, but didn't have quite as much stealth as Splinter Cell fans wanted. This game does. The melee kills/knockouts are really fun (like always) and the new killing in motion concept was pretty damn cool.
    TLDR: It was polished, controls really well, told a great story, and scratches a stealth junkie's itch. Uplay is kind of and I had some troubles with it, but I turned it to offline mode and no problems since.
  20. Sep 13, 2013
    Even thou pretty much everything what Ubisoft released since AC3 was really bad and crappy, SC Blacklist was indeed a good game, therefore i barely understand the lots of negative userscore on this one. Comparing SC Blacklist with SC Convicton the maps and gamemodes are way better now. Pretty much as Ubi did with every release since AC3 they kinda screwed the controls, they where betterEven thou pretty much everything what Ubisoft released since AC3 was really bad and crappy, SC Blacklist was indeed a good game, therefore i barely understand the lots of negative userscore on this one. Comparing SC Blacklist with SC Convicton the maps and gamemodes are way better now. Pretty much as Ubi did with every release since AC3 they kinda screwed the controls, they where better in SC Conviction, however the survival game modes are nice, pure stealth maps, and there is lots to play with it, if they release any good DLC s for it i ll get it. So afterall i am surprised that Ubi is still able to release good games, to be honest i didnt expect it anymore from Ubi. The 8 out of 10 is for the screwed controls, and for the still insane amount of bugs they have within the game. Also the Ubi rewards for that game are rather stupid then usefull. Expand
  21. Sep 12, 2013
    A great addition to the series and in my opinion probably the best one. The graphics are great, controls are solid, gameplay is fluid and challenging and the multiplayer (Coop and Versus) is a nice bonus to keep you playing after completing the awesome campaign. Ignore the "hurr hurr dis is a shooter, thes es nert splernter cerl" comments, the game NEVER forces you to play a certain way,A great addition to the series and in my opinion probably the best one. The graphics are great, controls are solid, gameplay is fluid and challenging and the multiplayer (Coop and Versus) is a nice bonus to keep you playing after completing the awesome campaign. Ignore the "hurr hurr dis is a shooter, thes es nert splernter cerl" comments, the game NEVER forces you to play a certain way, all missions can be done YOUR way (lethal, non-lethal, avoid enemies completely, go all assault etc). Only thing that changed is that playing offensively is now a valid playstyle (playing stealthily will still award you a higher score). Also, for those who are concerned about the new voice actor for Sam: he does a great job (he fits Sam even better than Ironside in my opinion). Get over it and move on. This. Is. Splinter Cell. Collapse
  22. Sep 2, 2014
    I like how Splinter Cell is goingback to the roots here. I hope Blacklist was only the beginning, this franchise got a lot of potential and is massive underrated. Go ahead Ubisoft!
  23. Aug 31, 2013
    It was a good story, side missions were good, only the future waves of enemies did not like. The interrogation was lacking, but at least they were making.
  24. Aug 27, 2013
    phenomenal game front to back. Blends old stealth techniques from previous titles in the series with a fair amount of action making it a seriously awesome title. Don't miss it!
  25. Aug 21, 2013
    Ok, it's a console port, I get that. Now, if you want to provide constructive criticism, find something else to rant about as there's more to games than just graphics quality. Otherwise, you are just whining.

I've played only 2 hours of the campaign so far, and I'm not disappointed. Controls are a little challenging at first, but you quickly get used to them. It's light-years ahead of Conviction and Double Agent in terms of gameplay: you can choose how to complete your missions: guns blazing, stealth, non-lethal; they are all fun to play.

I've paid $60 for this game; it's worth every penny!
  26. Aug 31, 2013
    I honestly don't understand "fanboys" who say that this is Conviction 2.0. Set your difficulty to at least realistic and bricks. That's what you should do if you're real fan of original SC. Yes, it does have some points from Conviction, but in it's core it is definitely old Splinter Cell. Like IGN said, it's the best in series since Chaos Theory. I really liked Conviction, it was a breathI honestly don't understand "fanboys" who say that this is Conviction 2.0. Set your difficulty to at least realistic and bricks. That's what you should do if you're real fan of original SC. Yes, it does have some points from Conviction, but in it's core it is definitely old Splinter Cell. Like IGN said, it's the best in series since Chaos Theory. I really liked Conviction, it was a breath of fresh air, and keeping a little bit of it in Blacklist was certainly a good idea.
    P.S. Still whining about Uplay? Meh.
  27. Aug 26, 2013
    The game-play is good, I really like the story. The graphics are fantastic dx-11 the engine is well optimize, the audio, control good too, I found no issue with this game, by now...
    This game is fun to play so 9/10 for me
  28. Aug 24, 2013
    Finaly splinter cell is back. If you are a stealth fan play it in "perfectionist" mode. You will love it.
    Best "modern" splinter cell of the serie, we can not disagree with this.
  29. Oct 16, 2013
    Welp, I made an account just so I can write this review.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist impressed me in a way I couldn't believe. The general consensus of the "positive" reviews seems to be that this is an ample mix between the fast paced action of conviction, and the strategy of its predecessors. If you are looking to play a game like chaos theory, go play chaos theory! Ubisoft cannot
    Welp, I made an account just so I can write this review.

If you are looking to play a game like chaos theory, go play chaos theory!

Ubisoft cannot continue to release the same product over and over again. They chose to take the series in a different direction, and they have done a great job doing so. The story is intricate yet understandable, the gameplay is incredibly smooth, and the graphics look beautiful, unlike anything I've seen for a long time. If the game crashes for you, update your video driver... Worked for me on my gtx 670. Other than that, it's incredibly smooth and seemed very well optimized to me.

I've been a longtime fan of the splinter cell series. I've played every game, and enjoyed the hell out of them. Needless to say, when this came out, I had to buy it. I was not disappointed

TL;DR

Pros:
    Beautiful graphics
    Smooth Gameplay
    Driven storyline
    Tons of unique weapons/gadgets
    Coop

Meh:
    Multiplayer

Cons:
    Not the same game as Chaos Theory
    Ironside isn't the voice actor

Try it out!
  30. Dec 9, 2013
    As a huge Splinter Cell fan, I wasn't the least bit disappointed. After multiple play-throughs of Chaos Theory/Conviction over the years, it took me awhile to get used to the new controls on SC:BL, but I actually ended up liking them quite a bit by the end. I did find it almost a little too easy to get all of my gear maxed out, especially since I "Ghost"ed through the entire game, butAs a huge Splinter Cell fan, I wasn't the least bit disappointed. After multiple play-throughs of Chaos Theory/Conviction over the years, it took me awhile to get used to the new controls on SC:BL, but I actually ended up liking them quite a bit by the end. I did find it almost a little too easy to get all of my gear maxed out, especially since I "Ghost"ed through the entire game, but found it sufficiently, almost frustratingly challenging at points.

I thought the story was movie-quality and gave Grim more of a role than just a voice through a sub-dermal radio. Overall, the single-player was 100% satisfying. Obviously it would be nice to have more DLC, but hey, I'm pretty happy with how the game is as is.

Multiplayer was fun for a bit, but didn't really have much staying power for myself. Co-op missions were definitely worthwhile though, albeit a little limited in how many levels there were.

Can't say enough good things about this game, pick it up!
  31. Aug 21, 2013
    This game is a definite step in the right direction, tons of fun, and the graphics look great maxed out. Of course you get the idiots who rate the game a 0 because their hardware isn't good enough, or they have no idea how to use a computer.
  32. Aug 27, 2013
    Brilliant gameplay, awesome controls (screw haters, blame yourselves for being BAD), ok graphics. Didn't like the new voice of Sam but I'm still gonna give it a 10 because of morons giving it a ZERO (really? zero? go kill yourselves)
  33. Aug 28, 2013
    Finally, a Splinter Cell game that satiates the desires of fans that love the "stealth" legacy that is apart of this game. The campaign is amazing, and there are so many avenues to complete a mission; plus, the enemies never take the same path twice, so it makes replaying a mission purposefully or by accident, much more enjoyable. Overall the co-op modes, ranking system, and just plainFinally, a Splinter Cell game that satiates the desires of fans that love the "stealth" legacy that is apart of this game. The campaign is amazing, and there are so many avenues to complete a mission; plus, the enemies never take the same path twice, so it makes replaying a mission purposefully or by accident, much more enjoyable. Overall the co-op modes, ranking system, and just plain entertainment value of this mandates that I give it a 10!

Fans of Splinter Cell games will love this!
  34. Aug 21, 2013
    Most of the Negative Reviews I've read are people complaining they couldn't even run it or complaining in general because PC Gamers tend to whine too much. This is my first review on here and I felt I needed to give an honest opinion about the game based on a couple of hours that I've played. I've been a life long Splinter Cell fan since the original. The only one I didn't play was DoubleMost of the Negative Reviews I've read are people complaining they couldn't even run it or complaining in general because PC Gamers tend to whine too much. This is my first review on here and I felt I needed to give an honest opinion about the game based on a couple of hours that I've played. I've been a life long Splinter Cell fan since the original. The only one I didn't play was Double Agent. With that being said this game is no Chaos Theory but it is also no Conviction. It takes bits and pieces of each game and instead tries to do something different and it actually works. Graphics on MAX Settings look great, I kept hearing about how the graphics were bad based on reviews but that was for consoles, you can't complain about the graphics they are miles ahead from Consoles (should be assumed). The way Blacklist's UI is set up is similar to Mass Effect. You have your Command Center and you can upgrade many things. I was overwhelmed at how many things I could upgrade, in a good way. You can have custom loadouts for Sam Fisher ranging from his gear to his body armor. Controls have a bit of a learning curve. I actually had an easier time adjusting to it than I previously had with Conviction. Mark and Execute (If you use it are set to ALT & CTRL). Whether you choose to use it or not it is there. I just binded these keys to Mouse 4 & 5 which was more convenient for me WHEN I used it, which was rarely. As I mentioned this game lets you play how YOU want to play. Wether is go in buns blazing or just good ol' Sam Fisher Style, you can toggle between Lethal and Non-Lethal weapons easily. I haven't tried how the controls feel on a gamepad but PC Controls are decent with minor complaints. The story is average, nothing to great. Sometimes it feels a bit cheesy. Voice acting was decent as well. Although I do miss Ironside Eric Johnson does a good job. Haven't had the chance to play multiplayer and co-op since my friends and I have been working and when we are not we are playing Single Player! However, I would recommend this game.

Controls: 8/10
    Story: 7/10
    Graphics: 8/10
    Gameplay:9/10
  35. Aug 23, 2013
    I don`t think is that bad, btw, I think it`s great.
    The role in this game is pretty different from the other Splinter Cell series. The bad part in Conviction was about to be forced to kill your enemies, what does not (well, not usually) in Blacklist. You can play as a Ghost, stealthy and agile, or play as a Phanter, also stealthy bt deadly or as a CoD player (Assault).
    I agree when ppl
    I don`t think is that bad, btw, I think it`s great.
    I agree when ppl say "This is not as the classic SC games". Yeah, you`re right, this is another game with another history, and it fits perfectly.
  36. Aug 22, 2013
    Single Player is well paced and it's enough to keep you interested without boring you. But truly, the greatest part of this game is the online Spies vs Mercs is amazing. It's very intense and plays great. It's similar to playing Counter-Strike competitive, in that you have to work with your team and when the Spies are hacking a station, it's super intense and fun. Worth playing if youSingle Player is well paced and it's enough to keep you interested without boring you. But truly, the greatest part of this game is the online Spies vs Mercs is amazing. It's very intense and plays great. It's similar to playing Counter-Strike competitive, in that you have to work with your team and when the Spies are hacking a station, it's super intense and fun. Worth playing if you are looking for something better than COD and less serious than CS. Expand
  37. Sep 1, 2013
    Single player:
    Solid story, good graphics. The missions are mostly fun and there is a lot variation between the stages.
    Coop: I played the missions with my brother on realistic using team speak. We had a lot of fun even though we died a lot at first. Multi player: This is the most fun I've had with playing competitive matches in a long time. At first, there are a lot of gadgets and
    Single player:
    Coop:
    Multi player: This is the most fun I've had with playing competitive matches in a long time. At first, there are a lot of gadgets and weapons to unlock. Unfortunately, it doesn't take too long to unlock almost everything because the amount of money given after each mission (SP, Coop and MP) is too high.
    The matches per se are thrilling and fun.
    A few negative aspects though: Firstly, the game is full of little glitches. They don't really bother me and should be fixed pretty soon. Secondly, we encountered a lot of disconnects and crashes during the Spies vs Mercs matches. This on the other hand was annoying and frustrating.
    All in all I can only recommend this game since it is in my eyes a great package of solo, coop and multiplayer game.
  38. Sep 3, 2013
    Many hardcore Splinter cell fans would not have liked Conviction because it favored more combat style play than stealth. Even though Blacklist still has some main features of conviction, it has brought back the classic stealth options which made chaos theory one of the best stealth games ever, along with some new gadgets, scoring style which are good. You can play whichever way you wantMany hardcore Splinter cell fans would not have liked Conviction because it favored more combat style play than stealth. Even though Blacklist still has some main features of conviction, it has brought back the classic stealth options which made chaos theory one of the best stealth games ever, along with some new gadgets, scoring style which are good. You can play whichever way you want to, you can kill everyone (assault style), you can stealthily dispose enemies(panther style) or you can complete the whole game without killing even one person(ghost style), which obviously, will be the toughest. You will be rewarded for any style of play you choose. The game also has some good improvements to its predecessors in gameplay, number of levels(Conviction was incredibly short).You'll be able to complete the whole game in about 16 hours which is much better than conviction which was just about 6 hrs.

The main issue in blacklist is the graphics which are poor compared to the current benchmark of graphics for games, and the voice acting.

Overall the game is very good, and hardcore splinter cell fans along with new gamers will enjoy this game. The Spies Vs Mercs multiplayer is back and it is absolute fun.
  39. Aug 21, 2013
    This game is definitely worth the money. Campaign, CoOp missions & Spy vs Mercs. All this tied in with the economy/upgrade system makes this game really fun with a lot of replay value. I also love the fact you can choose to play stealth if you want.
  40. Aug 21, 2013
    This game is brilliant. I love the new modes, how you can be all stealthy (like a ghost), or full out assault-mode. I also love the plane, and how upgrading it can give you bonuses and rewards, as opposed to being purely cosmetic.
  41. Aug 22, 2013
    The game is just great! Now the game has a real stealth (for example, you can drag the body to distract security whistle or noise), a lot of melee attacks as deadly (knife), and no deaths. Lots of upgrades of equipment ranging from gloves and ending points, and they affect the pumping of the main character, and not just for beauty. Through the game you can now not only in stealth but asThe game is just great! Now the game has a real stealth (for example, you can drag the body to distract security whistle or noise), a lot of melee attacks as deadly (knife), and no deaths. Lots of upgrades of equipment ranging from gloves and ending points, and they affect the pumping of the main character, and not just for beauty. Through the game you can now not only in stealth but as John Rambo wet all right and left in the open, for each element of the passing points are added, and for tricks that you perform with the money. Great graphics, animation (especially melee) on top. PC version looks much higher than the console (of course at the max. Capacity). So Uncle Sam this time did not disappoint! Expand
  42. Aug 27, 2013
    Let me just start off by saying this game has derailed far, far away from Splinter Cell, at least, the way it used to be.
    Think of this game as Conviction, but it having more freedom and customization. I guess all games have to go modern and become renewed eventually, and I honestly think this new Splinter Cell isn't too bad.
    The new Sam Fisher is extremely stupid how old is he (around
    The new Sam Fisher is extremely stupid how old is he (around 57)? How the hell can he pull off the stuff he does in-game at this age? Not to mention he looks like he had a face surgery and a voice transplant (yes, yes, I know there's a new voice actor, which was inevitable after so many games).
    Considering this is a console port, I was positively surprised. There are a lot of options to choose and graphics look crisp and well-made (there are a few low quality textures for some reason, though).
    The controls are a little confusing, sadly. You share controls as Sam, as Spy and as Merc (multiplayer portion of the game, of course). Aiming is a little unresponsive and sluggish, luckily, shutting off V-Sync and reducing a few graphical options will help this problem (I hate how people mistake mouse lag with render lag and low FPS).
    The character animations are surprisingly well-done. Lipsync, movement and activity animations are up-to-par with today's games. Not to mention the camerawork is top notch, which adds to the experience quite greatly.
    I have to admire this game for the choices it gives you. It's certainly a step up from previous Splinter Cell games, which were more focused on the missions themselves. There are three different never-changing playstyles for each mission, four difficulties, not to mention the in-game narrative allows you walk around your main 'hub', talk to characters and choose optional missions and also make some moral and non-story-driven choices while in missions.
    Every mission is different, with the same objective every time get to your objective while choosing your approach through gadgets, weapons, the environment and of course your playstyle. You can cool off the main story by playing some optional missions alone or with a friend, and, of course, playing the multiplayer.
    The game has an interesting story, it's not too advanced or too simple, but it collides with the gameplay aspect of the game well enough to keep you interested.
    A few complaints about the gameplay, though the AI seems a little underdeveloped. At times, AI would spot me from across the room, and at other times, I would sit in the light, in the open and the enemy would just walk past me. A few interesting concepts of how the AI works are shown in a few areas of the game, but that's pretty much the only fun part of the single-player AI. Luckily, it's not game-breaking.
    Hiding bodes has been re-introduced. Once again, the AI is a little buggy, but if they do manage to spot a non-hidden body, they will start searching for you, which could cause problems getting to your objective. ESPECIALLY in close-quarter, claustrophobic areas.
    Spies vs Mercs is back, of course, and it's fun, even with the control problems I mentioned before.
    I have heard some people are having technical problems with DX9 and/or DX11 with the game crashing. My game never crashed (although alt-TABing pisses me off because the game automatically sets itself to windowed every time I want to step out of the game for a second). This will probably be fixed by new NVIDIA/AMD drivers and/or by game patch.
    Overall, I think this game is a good step up for the series, although Sam Fisher is getting too old for this. I think it's about time a new protagonist comes from the shadows before we see a 70 year old spy with a grumpy character saving the world again. Now THAT would be silly.
    DON'T GET ANY IDEAS, UBISOFT.
  43. Aug 24, 2013
    The game have been improved since the last installment. Ubisoft added new features you dicide different things etc) or has combined some old with new one. Also, Non Lethal/ Lethal (Ghost-Panther-Assault) choice help you to play the game in the way you like. They tried to bring the game into its roots. Furthermore, the co-op mode have fun, i enjoyed a lot especially when you teammate playsThe game have been improved since the last installment. Ubisoft added new features you dicide different things etc) or has combined some old with new one. Also, Non Lethal/ Lethal (Ghost-Panther-Assault) choice help you to play the game in the way you like. They tried to bring the game into its roots. Furthermore, the co-op mode have fun, i enjoyed a lot especially when you teammate plays properly The multiplayer (Spies v Mercs) wasn't so good as campaign, but i'm glad to see it back, (I always buy this franchise for the campaign), if you play as Spy, you play like Sam Fisher, on the opposite side, if you play as Merc, you just play more like a FPS, Call of Duty. To finish, the PC version had some problem with DX11 (crash or lag) and also with the controls. Anyway, 8 equalizes the good of the game with the cons. Expand
  44. Sep 26, 2013
    I'm new to Splinter Cell, I don't play much military style games. I have to say I'm very impressed. You'd think sneaking past enemies and waiting for the perfect moment to strike sounds boring but this game makes it so much fun! There is enough of a story for me to pay attention. Main character is pretty bad ass. Supporting characters could be better, the one that attempts comicI'm new to Splinter Cell, I don't play much military style games. I have to say I'm very impressed. You'd think sneaking past enemies and waiting for the perfect moment to strike sounds boring but this game makes it so much fun! There is enough of a story for me to pay attention. Main character is pretty bad ass. Supporting characters could be better, the one that attempts comic relief is pretty annoying, they don't add much. Expand
  45. Sep 13, 2013
    Great sequel for a great game. Clearly this game beats up its successor Splinter Cell Conviction. The graphics are very good. The game mechanics are advanced, well defined and amazing. The gameplay is good. The storyline is nice. That's all i have to say. Great game. Deservedly 10 out of 10.
  46. Oct 12, 2013
    Muy buen juego, la jugabilidad es excelente y sus gráficos también. Cabe destacar la historia, sus misiones eran muy entretenidas, la modificación de armas y estilo de asesinato estuvieron a un buen nivel de juego, sobre todo las dificultades y la forma de interactuar con los demás personajes, simplemente genial.
  47. Aug 23, 2013
    Splinter cell blacklist is somewhat of a homecoming/slap in the face for me. The first thing you notice about the game is that Sam does not sound the same. It's weird hearing a thirty something year old actor voice a fifty something year old character. The game play is great and feels like a mixture of chaos theory and conviction. The story revolves around Sam stopping the blackSplinter cell blacklist is somewhat of a homecoming/slap in the face for me. The first thing you notice about the game is that Sam does not sound the same. It's weird hearing a thirty something year old actor voice a fifty something year old character. The game play is great and feels like a mixture of chaos theory and conviction. The story revolves around Sam stopping the black list, which is a series of attacks to hurt the U.S.. The game is great and really plays well but, the fact that the developers changed Sam's voice really pulls me out of the experience. The developers say that Michael Ironside istoo old to do the mocap is B.S.. The developers said the same thing about agent 47 and he was eventually reunited with the role because the fans care. Overall splinter cell blacklist is a good game, but small things like Sam's voice and parts of the game that force you to be aggressive hold this game back from being a perfect 10. Expand
  48. Aug 22, 2013
    I would give the game a 9 if not for the two main issues I have with it. The first issue is Uplay, Ubisoft does not need to get it's wiener print on everything it does. If they make a quality game they will receive the benefits. The second issue is that online play seems slightly unstable. Out of about 5 hours I crashed 3 times. One time was a "blacklist.exe has stopped responding" and theI would give the game a 9 if not for the two main issues I have with it. The first issue is Uplay, Ubisoft does not need to get it's wiener print on everything it does. If they make a quality game they will receive the benefits. The second issue is that online play seems slightly unstable. Out of about 5 hours I crashed 3 times. One time was a "blacklist.exe has stopped responding" and the other two were my friend and I losing connection. Legitimately the two disconnects were not the games fault, but they way they handled it was. In the middle of a match, regardless of host, if either player loses connection...You get kicked to the map screen.

While the two issues that I mentioned were very annoying, the game is fantastic. Anyone complaining about the graphics should spring for a better video card. On ultra it's freakin' pretty.
  49. Sep 21, 2013
    after a conviction we cat a game where you can chose if you wont to play as conviction or chost non lethal or just assoult and this is fukking awsome whit easy gameplay you can mark and kill in motion this looks realy cool the story line is realy good nice charecters and solid voice acting you need to stop the blacklist with nice music and great stealh that is gone be a lot of fun theafter a conviction we cat a game where you can chose if you wont to play as conviction or chost non lethal or just assoult and this is fukking awsome whit easy gameplay you can mark and kill in motion this looks realy cool the story line is realy good nice charecters and solid voice acting you need to stop the blacklist with nice music and great stealh that is gone be a lot of fun the graphic on the other hand are a bit lame futher there is a nice custamasazation that gose realy deep and some nice side missions but the waves mode is realy stupid but futher a must own for sp fans and for stealth action fans Expand
  50. Oct 24, 2013
    If you enjoyed Conviction, you will enjoy this edition of splinter cell as well. Sam Fisher's movements are more refined and the environments present a few different ways of approaching a challenge. Character animations are nicely done as well. There are niggling AI issues where they can get stuck behind an object (just waiting to be killed), but broadly they can get pretty challenging. BeIf you enjoyed Conviction, you will enjoy this edition of splinter cell as well. Sam Fisher's movements are more refined and the environments present a few different ways of approaching a challenge. Character animations are nicely done as well. There are niggling AI issues where they can get stuck behind an object (just waiting to be killed), but broadly they can get pretty challenging. Be careful with the Heavy Soldiers. Expand
  51. Sep 1, 2013
    Best Splinter Cell when it comes to gameplay, it adds up all the good from previous games and gives almost unlimited options to play it as a ghost. (Assault is lulz)
    Plot is not bad BUT it does bother me a little that Fisher is getting younger since Chaos Theory, new voice actor does good job though.
    Level design is good, giving you multiple options to go trough and lets you use your imagination, something you dont see very much these days. Enemies are basic stuff nothing very much new here, expect i like how sometimes they will start looking for their friend if you knock him out. Though game adds one of the most annoying enemy yet, those damn dogs!
    Grapichs serves this game well and there is not much to say about that.
    Overall best Splinter Cell by gameplay but still Chaos Theory stays best Splinter Cell of all time, atmosphere does not get there like in old days.
  52. Aug 30, 2013
    Amazing game! Splinter Cell is back to the way it was, with a little bit of action. The good old ops suit is back, and the gadgets couldn't be any better. Sneaking without touching hostiles is back. Even distracting hostiles too many times might not count as a Ghost. The only thing I hated about the gameplay was the footsteps doesn't make too much noise, making you run most of the time.Amazing game! Splinter Cell is back to the way it was, with a little bit of action. The good old ops suit is back, and the gadgets couldn't be any better. Sneaking without touching hostiles is back. Even distracting hostiles too many times might not count as a Ghost. The only thing I hated about the gameplay was the footsteps doesn't make too much noise, making you run most of the time. The story is great and the villain (Sadiq) did an amazing job. What I hated though is how they ruined every character in the game. Grim, Sam, Vic, and even Kobin. Their faces have changed, their voices have changed expect for Vic and Kobin. Bringing new characters would've been better than ruining the ones we loved. What I hated the most is Sam's new voice actor. He's not bad. He's not bad at all as a matter of fact. If he was the new main character I would've been thrilled. But for Sam, horrible. Sam looks old but sounds young. Talking to his grown daughter is even more confusing. Ruined one of the best characters I loved in games. But the gameplay is just incredible. Specially the multiplayer. Overall, this game is amazing and a must buy for people who love stealth in general. Expand
  53. Aug 29, 2013
    Main plot is a little bit boring, dont know about multiplayer. The gameplay is extremely fun, textures sometimes blurry. Framerate is 40+ with a HD6850 at 1920x1080 FFAO, everything high, without AA/AF. Subtitles are often mistimed, hungarian subtitle is garbage, english is of course good. It has replay value. Coop main story is missing.
  54. Aug 28, 2013
    Why the bad reviews? PC gamers should be happy to get very nicely ported game with great graphics for once. The PC version of this game was clearly given some thought and effort. The Keyboard and mouse controls work great and I think are even better than the console controls. (I have a XBOX360 gamepad) No, this is not the pure stealth that was in the first couple splinter cells, but atWhy the bad reviews? PC gamers should be happy to get very nicely ported game with great graphics for once. The PC version of this game was clearly given some thought and effort. The Keyboard and mouse controls work great and I think are even better than the console controls. (I have a XBOX360 gamepad) No, this is not the pure stealth that was in the first couple splinter cells, but at least this time stealth is very viable and more importantly FUN!! Playing the ghost style is what splinter cell purists will want to do, but panther is also very fun, the executions are great! The gadgets are better than ever, the level design is great, with multiple paths to attack each objective. The enemies are varied, causing you to mix it up when a heavy infantry or guard dog gets in your way. This is the BEST Splinter Cell since chaos theory and if you don't think so, you're just being an elitist in my opinion. The robust upgrade system and multiplayer modes are also great and add a lot of replay value to this game. No, this isn't best stealth action game ever, that is reserved for metal gear solid 4, but it is the best one SINCE!!! Expand
  55. Aug 27, 2013
    Splinter Cell Blacklist is one of the most visually stunning games to date with great gameplay this game goes hand in hand. However while the story is defiantly an improvement, we think the ending on the other hand could have been handled better as we felt it was just cut off.
  56. Feb 9, 2014
    Amazing. Plays just like Conviction, but with even more of an emphasis on stealth, like the older games. The gameplay is immensely satisfying and copies its mechanics from Conviction. Moving from cover to cover is very fluid and you have a ton of customization, diverse gadgets and ways to approach each mission. The story is as expected, very good as far as Splinter Cell goes, and evenAmazing. Plays just like Conviction, but with even more of an emphasis on stealth, like the older games. The gameplay is immensely satisfying and copies its mechanics from Conviction. Moving from cover to cover is very fluid and you have a ton of customization, diverse gadgets and ways to approach each mission. The story is as expected, very good as far as Splinter Cell goes, and even brought some unexpected humor. Michael Ironside couldn't be brought back as Sam. I'm not sure why they couldn't still use his voice, but I'm sure they had their reasons. The story was a fitting sequel to Conviction. The game runs very well, markedly better than Conviction. I was at 60 fps the whole time with vsync on. It looks very pretty, with great light effects, ambient occlusion, and reflections. The more advanced AO and AA takes its toll on framerate, but the game still looks phenomenal with Field AO and FXAA. There's lots of content -- I completed the campaign on Normal in about 15 hours. There's also Spies vs Mercs, as well as various co-op missions. Uplay, while not ideal, should be praised for not being invasive like Steam and Origin. Uplay worked fine for me, no problems except for a short server downtime which prevented me from playing (no big deal). Awesome value considering I got it on sale. Expand
  57. Feb 27, 2014
    Not a franchise player but If you have a rig that can handle it; this is a beautiful game. The story is excellent. Surprisingly, the characters and graphics are seemingly right out of a blockbuster action movie. The voice acting is superb and very much appreciated. The game-play is very entertaining albeit not perfect. There are a few flaws/glitches like jacked up rag-doll mechanicsNot a franchise player but If you have a rig that can handle it; this is a beautiful game. The story is excellent. Surprisingly, the characters and graphics are seemingly right out of a blockbuster action movie. The voice acting is superb and very much appreciated. The game-play is very entertaining albeit not perfect. There are a few flaws/glitches like jacked up rag-doll mechanics and wonky keyboard/mouse controls (probably stemming from a console port) but not enough of a shortfall to make this game anything but a good experience. The reward system and upgrade mechanism is way too generous and it seems like there could be so much more to this game. It's not perfect but very well scripted and plain old fun nonetheless. Expand
  58. Feb 24, 2014
    Complaints regarding the stealth mechanics are outdated as of the latest patch.

Complaints regarding the stealth mechanics are outdated as of the latest patch.

First of all, all the complaints regarding the stealth mechanics in this game are outdated, and have been fixed by the latest patches. The AI is no longer buggy and is consistently alert. On Perfectionist difficulty, guards will detect you at long ranges very quickly unless you're hidden in darkness. If you do not hide bodies well, they will be detected by new spawns of patrols. Signs of entry such as open doors that were previously closed will arouse suspicion. The stealth missions that can be obtained as separate DLC or part of the Deluxe edition are especially brutal — if you're detected, game over.

Now, the only real negative is that you're forced to install Ubisoft's Uplay software platform, even if you buy the game on Steam. To be fair, the only problem I had with Uplay is that it did not download all the patches automatically. I had to manually restart the game three times for Uplay to detect and download the three patches. This is the one and only reason I'm rating this a 9 instead of a 10.

The graphics, sound, and overall presentation are top notch, above and beyond what you would expect from an AAA title.

I struggle to find other faults with the game. Upgrading your gear is too easy since you earn money very easily in this game. It won't be long before you're armed to the teeth and an assault approach will be too easy for you. Stick to stealth, focus on getting the Ghost badge for every mission on Perfectionist, and you will be tremendously challenged.

Now is a great time to get this game because you can get it for 6 euros. If you Google for "blacklist cd key" you will find a cd key site that sells a 100% discount coupon for just 6 euros. Then go to the Ubisoft Uplay store, add Blacklist to your cart, and redeem this coupon to get a working, legitimate version of the game. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post URLs or website names in this review, so I'll refrain from doing that.
  59. Nov 7, 2014
    I LIKED this game and I'm not a big fan of shooters that have little strategy. I found the side missions were interesting but too few and I don't play coop or multiplayer so I couldn't experience those missions. But the solo missions were challenging enough. The main mission was interesting, and it took a while to figure out the tactics. You do need a pretty good gaming computer to avoidI LIKED this game and I'm not a big fan of shooters that have little strategy. I found the side missions were interesting but too few and I don't play coop or multiplayer so I couldn't experience those missions. But the solo missions were challenging enough. The main mission was interesting, and it took a while to figure out the tactics. You do need a pretty good gaming computer to avoid issues, and I would highly recommend this game to those who like a combination of stealth and strength. Expand
  60. May 12, 2014
    First off, I gotta say, this game was sleek as all hell. Great cutscenes, mo-cap, and how you move makes you always feel in control and like a real badass. Played through mainly non-lethal, but I couldn't resist headshotting people from time to time. So many awesome tactics you can go through, it was always nice setting up a plan to take out a group of enemies and methodically goingFirst off, I gotta say, this game was sleek as all hell. Great cutscenes, mo-cap, and how you move makes you always feel in control and like a real badass. Played through mainly non-lethal, but I couldn't resist headshotting people from time to time. So many awesome tactics you can go through, it was always nice setting up a plan to take out a group of enemies and methodically going through with it. It was so good, that I barely used Mark & Execute, unlike in Conviction.

Story-wise, it was a pretty good ride. I liked the action movie style pressure on the situation, and while the characters were essentially the archetypes you'd expect: stern but kind leader Grim, awkward hipster-dressed genius Charlie, and fierce, serious tough guy Briggs (who overlapped with Sam). Like I said above, the mo-cap was great, and while cutscenes did sometimes dip into uncanny valley it was immersive. The plot? Good enough excuse to go globetrotting and take down the enemies there...now what the hell 'fifth freedom' is, I need to Google. The environments themselves I liked, even though some were a little too linear.

Overall: good plot, interesting characters, badass gameplay, and nice environments. Should buy.
  61. Mar 13, 2014
    Excellent game on many levels, I really enjoyed the ability to play the way I wanted through the story mission. If you really stick to the pure stealth route the game rewards you considerably more than if you go the loud route.
    While there are many items and upgrades to spend the cash you earn between mission I wouldn't have minded some more customization options to the gear.
    The

The multiplayer side of things seems to be very fun but i have only spent about five hours on the spy vs mercs games so have not yet experienced everything, enjoyed what I played so far.

I am not a fan of Uplay and i dislike having to sign in to a second program when I purchased via steam.
  62. Sep 2, 2015
    Superbe jeu, immersif et qui n'a rien à envier à son concurrent MGS : The Phantom Pain.

2 ans plus tard, Splinter Cell est toujours autant parfait !
  63. Jun 15, 2014
    Blacklist is easily the second best iteration of the Splinter Cell series, right after Chaos Theory. The execution system returns, but, unlike in Conviction, pure stealth remains a viable option throughout the game. The game makes concessions to modernity with two unwelcome additions: grinding money to buy equipment (although this can be considered an improvement on Conviction, as you noBlacklist is easily the second best iteration of the Splinter Cell series, right after Chaos Theory. The execution system returns, but, unlike in Conviction, pure stealth remains a viable option throughout the game. The game makes concessions to modernity with two unwelcome additions: grinding money to buy equipment (although this can be considered an improvement on Conviction, as you no longer have to grind unrealistic PEC challenges to upgrade your gear) and easy-mode DLC, which gives you access to unique medium-tier gear from the start. Thankfully, the portable EMP does not return in Blacklist, which means you can no longer rely on it to instantly stun everyone around you whenever you get detected. Despite these problems, Blacklist features fun, thoughtful gameplay and a large variety of missions, as well as the ability to seamlessly replay any mission you choose from the game's hub. The ability to team up with friends for side-missions, which are playable in single-player, helps bridge the gap between solo campaign and co-op; although there is a dedicated co-op mini-campaign. which features elements that simply would not be possible with missions designed to be playable alone or with a partner. The game feels and controls like it was developed for PC rather than being lazily ported, which is fantastic.

If you've been burned by Conviction, Splinter Cell: Blacklist will restore your faith in the series.
  64. Mar 17, 2015
    I have played(and really enjoyed) all Splinter Cell games, and I love this game. Alot of hardcore fans of the old games do not seem to like the two newest games, but I really like them. The gameplay is very flexible, many routes and generally different ways to complete missions. If you like doing things the stealthy way, go for it, if you like a more direct and aggressive approach you canI have played(and really enjoyed) all Splinter Cell games, and I love this game. Alot of hardcore fans of the old games do not seem to like the two newest games, but I really like them. The gameplay is very flexible, many routes and generally different ways to complete missions. If you like doing things the stealthy way, go for it, if you like a more direct and aggressive approach you can do this as well. Completing a level in a 100% stealth style is much more challenging and rewarding than it was in the old games imo, and this is because the game is much more dynamic than the old ones. In the old games the levels were designed for the player to be able to get around undetected, although it certainly was challenging at times, it was more linear. In Blacklist, managing to get undetected through an area swarming with enemies, where the obvious choice might be to gun them down, is really challenging and rewarding.

Recommend to play at a high difficulty, but that should be a given.
  65. Aug 15, 2014
    Suddenly a great game! Can be a long story than she is so good. Just give you a couple of things from the pros - great optimization! (I did not expect this) and support windows xp - but for me it is very important. The actual gameplay is noticeably better. The plot of the average. There is a full localization - the game is very happy. 9/10
  66. Dec 12, 2015
    Gameplay : 9
    Graphics : 10
    Story : 9
    Sound : 10
    Overall : 9
  67. Jan 3, 2015
    I wasn't sure if I should get this game, because Ubisoft, but it was for sale and I ended up enjoying it. The missions are fun, gameplay is great and it's simply good entertainment. It's great that you can play the game however you want (sneak or assault), that adds a lot of replay value.

If you rush the story, you won't have all the nice equipment by the end, because you lack credits to unlock it. I suggest you play sidemissions, coop and multiplayer until you have the right equipment for the story, because it's even more fun with access to the good weapons and gadgets.
  68. Jun 17, 2014
    Next gen video games should take a lesson from the makers of Splinter Cell Blacklist on how to build a game that is both stable and beautiful. Lets hope this is the beginning of many more outings of the 4th Echelon!
  69. Mar 10, 2015
    First splinter cell i ever played. Very good controls, fantastic graphics, solid AI. I think that the difficulty level may be a little too high for some players but overall it was a very pleasant experience. I think this is one of the best stealth games I ever played and surely one of the best 2013 games.
  70. Jul 22, 2014
    A very fun stealth game with a very good pc port. The story is also fairly good. The multiplayer for the most part is dead though. But aside from that it's good.
  71. Aug 2, 2014
    I have Been a fan of the Splinter cell series, since the Chaos Theory. The previous installment, Conviction, was no way near to the standards i expected off a Tom Clancy Franchise. But, Blacklist, is something else, the story line, is brilliant, so are the voice-overs, & the best bit, for me personally could be the Soundtrack. It Just adds more zest to the overall experience. Glad toI have Been a fan of the Splinter cell series, since the Chaos Theory. The previous installment, Conviction, was no way near to the standards i expected off a Tom Clancy Franchise. But, Blacklist, is something else, the story line, is brilliant, so are the voice-overs, & the best bit, for me personally could be the Soundtrack. It Just adds more zest to the overall experience. Glad to finally see, Splinter cell, go back to the roots, over-head pipes & shimmy. The Best bit about this game would be that, you have a lot of options for executing your moves, the best bet would be , to stick to the roots, using the overhead pipes, that is. Expand
  72. Sep 6, 2015
    this game is so good infiltration action game. i always feel good tense in while gaming. i want to play the other this game series. the only bad thing of this game is the volume. volume is a little small
  73. Jan 3, 2015
    This game suffered from early bugs which resulted in rather low scores. Now after more then year since its release the game runs very solid without any visible bugs or crashes. I had steam steam version of the game, though all versions run through UBI Soft play domain. In my opinion this is one of the best Splinter Cell releases. Graphics is great. The game mechanics follows theThis game suffered from early bugs which resulted in rather low scores. Now after more then year since its release the game runs very solid without any visible bugs or crashes. I had steam steam version of the game, though all versions run through UBI Soft play domain. In my opinion this is one of the best Splinter Cell releases. Graphics is great. The game mechanics follows the traditional SC movement and interaction commands. Missions are challenging enough and can be solved using multiple approaches with solely using stealth to combination of stealth and offensive play. What is different from other SC releases, Blacklist maps have various layers which allow player more freedoms to finish the map using different paths. Also different from previous SC releases, this one offers additional SP maps, which are not part of campaign but also fun to play. They are initiated by talking to Fisher's crew. One negative aspect that I find with this release is somewhat water downed stealth action. Aside from few instances, most maps can be solved easily by brute force, or shooting the way through. This is common issue with stealth games, as most players finds it boring to sneak around without eliminating enemies, so game devs are forced to implement the maps with this in mind. I have not tried MP so I will skip it for this review.
    The game runs on Steam for under 5 buck. If you have not tried it yet, do t by all means.
  74. May 8, 2015
    Splinter Cell Blacklist is a beautiful game to watch. The way its protagonist moves, leaps, climbs and performs hand-to-hand takedowns are all spectacular. It can also be a very frustrating game to play. With it's immense difficulty and the scourge of stealth insta-fails, you will retry, and retry, and retry... And yet I couldn't stop playing.
    Blacklist rarely rewards your creativity.
    Blacklist rarely rewards your creativity. There is a carefully orchestrated choreography going on in every map; the way enemy patrols are spawned, the routes they take, etc, leaves you to figure out where the programmers wanted you to go, what order they wanted you to do things in. If anything goes wrong, you will fail, with no mid-mission checkpoints in non-story missions. And you will retry, and retry, and retry.
    In those missions without insta-fails, you will often find yourself in a hard spot if you've been discovered. Enemies will rush to the spot you were last seen in with a speed that would make Barry Allen jealous. Here you will have to improvise, and "go Hollywood". And this are some of the most tense, engaging, and frustrating moments in the game. You have the arsenal to take on an army. But the controls feel as crisp as those of a truck. You have to engage or disengage cover if you want to move freely. Press F for the thermal vision, Alt to tag a target, Ctrl to execute, long press Tab to access the gadget wheel,etc. It's all just too much in the heat of battle. You will fail, and you will retry, and retry, and retry.
    To sum up, here's what I liked about this game:
    -Impressive arsenal of gadgets.
    -Enemy A.I. is some of the best I've seen.
    -Animations are brilliant, wide assortment of lethal and non-lethal takedowns.
    -Stalking enemies and taking them down in stealth is satisfying and a lot of fun.
    -The system that moves you from cover to cover is an effective tool.
    Here's what I hated:
    -Clunky and fiddly controls that are functional while in stealth, but tremendously frustrating in the heat of combat.
    -Stealth insta-fails and High Value Target missions are excruciating, based on trial and error.
    -Having to wrestle with the camera while in heavy combat, specially after a takedown.
    -Random bugs like enemies instantly knowing my position when one of my mines goes off in the other side of the map.
    -Bulletproof elements in the environment (like a bulletproof ficus).
    -Shooting from high cover, like a balcony, is horrible. First you have to aim, then look down, THEN you can peek over the ledge, otherwise your view is almost completely obstructed.
    In conclusion:
    There is a lot to like here, but a heavy price tag to get to it, paid in frustration and exasperation at having to retry missions over and over (and over).
  75. Jul 11, 2015
    Splinter cell blacklist has a generic story with a generic bad guy with a very generic motivation. It also doesn't help the game that it is running on a dying engine that has started showing its age in certain departments. Particularly the facial animations. The game is also very short when compared to other splinter cell games. The games also includes triggered events which force you toSplinter cell blacklist has a generic story with a generic bad guy with a very generic motivation. It also doesn't help the game that it is running on a dying engine that has started showing its age in certain departments. Particularly the facial animations. The game is also very short when compared to other splinter cell games. The games also includes triggered events which force you to get into a fight you may not want to. Blacklist has also removed interrogations. It would of been nice to have the good old fashioned interrogations from chaos theory heck even the conviction interrogations would of been a nice touch. And Michael Ironside not being in the game is a bummer.

But the game has a superb cover system, brings back the classic spies vs mercs multiplayer (Arguably the best multiplayer component for a game EVER) and also brings back multiple pathways to take during a mission (Still not as many as chaos theory though). Sam also moves more fluidly and has plenty of gadgets to his disposal. There are also multiple playstyles to choose from. The enemies are also varied, unique and rather clever. The game also just has this 'charm' to it.
  76. Sep 12, 2013

1. Jan 22, 2014
    With Conviction, the Splinter Cell series seemed to be veering off course, but Blacklist thankfully grabs the wheel and gets it back on track.
  2. Dec 12, 2013
    Splinter Cell Blacklist is one of the better entries in the long lived spy-saga. It offers great gameplay choices and sneaking is heavily rewarded. On top of that the multiplayer is also confidently crafted. The one thing lacking is the banal story with flat characterization that hinders Splinter Cell Blacklist from reaching any narrative high points.
  3. PC PowerPlay
    Sep 25, 2013
    Though it lacks the subdued intelligence of Chaos Theory, there's still some cracking good sneaking to be had. [Oct 2013, p.92]