8.6

1. JosephPalka
    Jul 13, 2009
    This was a pretty good game on the Playstation 2 when I first experienced it. The stealth element in the game made the game itself come to life. Despite the weapons, there were also a variety of objects in the game as well. Another good thing about this game are the graphics. The graphics are polished in every single environment along with the effects of the sky, explosions, fire, andThis was a pretty good game on the Playstation 2 when I first experienced it. The stealth element in the game made the game itself come to life. Despite the weapons, there were also a variety of objects in the game as well. Another good thing about this game are the graphics. The graphics are polished in every single environment along with the effects of the sky, explosions, fire, and decals. The interrogations and conversations from the NPC's are also entertaining. In the Kalinatek building, you see two guards through a transparent wall talking about how wall mines are dangerous. You have two choices: Wait for one of the guards to walk into the room and be knocked out by you or just open the door in the middle of their conversation, take out your SC20K, zoom in and shoot the mine to turn them into barbecue steaks!

Overall: I have played all the Splinter Cell games in the franchise so far and even though this game is old, it is well worth anyone's time.
  2. Aug 17, 2011
    supremo! Sam fisher rocks! Kick the people finding flaws in this game.it is much better than hitman where if u wear enemy cloths then no one recognises you.oh come on it is impossible to unrecognise top most honour killer agent 47 in any getup specialy because they have those barcodes on the back side of head.
    Splinter cell rocks man!
  3. Sneak
    Sep 4, 2008
    I really, really, pity the people who think that this has been done before/is stupid/is too linear. It takes a while, but there is always an alternate route, with a few exceptions. Also, AI is amazing, mch better than in Metal Gear Solid (where pointing your gun at them caused them to crap out ammunition and supplies. Also, even though I have only played the Xbox version, the computer I really, really, pity the people who think that this has been done before/is stupid/is too linear. It takes a while, but there is always an alternate route, with a few exceptions. Also, AI is amazing, mch better than in Metal Gear Solid (where pointing your gun at them caused them to crap out ammunition and supplies. Also, even though I have only played the Xbox version, the computer version can't really be that much different. Expand
  4. DrewL.
    May 31, 2003
    This game brings out the best in every aspect of what a solo-shooter game should be. Graphics are amazing, and stealth tactics are awesome.
  5. PliskinI.
    Mar 8, 2003
    Best Game out There Definitely buy it.
  6. BoMD
    May 4, 2003
    TOP OF THE LINE !!!!!!! This game is realy something new and never before seen. The only bad thing about the game i can say is that it abit too hard fore me. THUMBS UP
  7. IzZo
    May 1, 2003
    One of a Kind!! This game rocks!These stealth games have alwayz been my fav, especially MGS series. Man, this game has 2 b ubisoft's best piece of work yet! unfortunately like other games 2day it's a very demanding game, requiring a Geforece 2 operate, had 2 upgrade my geforce 2 to 4 jus for this n MGS 2 but seriously these games r worth it!the lighting n audio r incredible, n i One of a Kind!! This game rocks!These stealth games have alwayz been my fav, especially MGS series. Man, this game has 2 b ubisoft's best piece of work yet! unfortunately like other games 2day it's a very demanding game, requiring a Geforece 2 operate, had 2 upgrade my geforce 2 to 4 jus for this n MGS 2 but seriously these games r worth it!the lighting n audio r incredible, n i like da idea of da scroll mouse for adjustin runnnin speed, very creative me thinks, well done Ubisoft, i take my hat off 2 u for this great game! Expand
  8. AdamR.
    Mar 27, 2003
    Very good. I have only played the demo, but it is very good. But what is with the AI? I was using this guy as a human shield and the AI shot at me anyway. And when the shield died, the computer blamed it on me. What's up with that!? But, back to the demo I go. Another note: Graphics are bad on a GeForce2 GTS
  9. Stuie
    Feb 19, 2003
    Totally a wicked game, very well done, excellent gameplay, excellant sound and graphics..... all around a top notch game and totally woth the money.
  10. ChristopherW.
    Mar 6, 2003
    A superb game, way better than the console versions.
  11. TimB.
    Apr 5, 2004
    Oh man. I don't know where to start. This game lets you choose whether to kick ass and take names, or just hide in the shadows and sneak past everyone. If there were no ending, I'd still be playing it. Nonstop. I wouldn't even sleep.
  12. DjE
    Dec 22, 2004
    This game is the best with all the best sound graphics and levels puls how much deatial is put in to the guns this is a sweet game i would recommend this to anyone.
  13. AdrianV.
    Mar 9, 2003
    EXCELENT, THIS GAME RULES
  14. MattR.
    Mar 2, 2003
    This game is intense and innovative (I don't know what the last poster was talking about, this HASN'T been done before). This is one of those games that will make your palms sweat with tension. The graphics are awesome, the story flows pretty nicely, and the sounds are great (footsteps sound differently on pavement, wood, etc). The only downside is that it's a bit too hard This game is intense and innovative (I don't know what the last poster was talking about, this HASN'T been done before). This is one of those games that will make your palms sweat with tension. The graphics are awesome, the story flows pretty nicely, and the sounds are great (footsteps sound differently on pavement, wood, etc). The only downside is that it's a bit too hard for the average gamer. Expand
  15. Jun 23, 2012
    after playing chaos theory this game looks abit stale but for it's time it's great you can pretty much tweak anything in the ini solid game showing its age
  16. Feb 12, 2013
    story- it revolves around 'sam fisher' a spy agent that you play as. you work for a type of government security agency. gameplay- the controls can get a bit problematic, sometimes feels blocky. but it introduce a new way to play with tactical gameplay. you use a variety of tactical equipment to get the jobs done. video- solid for its date of release. its about the standard during thatstory- it revolves around 'sam fisher' a spy agent that you play as. you work for a type of government security agency. gameplay- the controls can get a bit problematic, sometimes feels blocky. but it introduce a new way to play with tactical gameplay. you use a variety of tactical equipment to get the jobs done. video- solid for its date of release. its about the standard during that time.

audio- music is solid, and effects are well done. overall- the original sometimes is always the best and this one beats the recent release imo. conviction didn't really introduce much new and felt all over the place.
  17. Sep 1, 2013
    The original Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell is the best game in the series because of its
    1) Game play in which we can do the same thing again and again in different ways.
    2)Graphics which is good for game of 2003.
    3)Sets which are awesome like the CIA HQ & Kalinatek
  18. Jun 22, 2014
    I can say this is a well developed stealth/action game. This is when Ubisoft actually put some heart and soul into this franchise. It's an outstanding game with a simple, but quite unique gameplay element - hiding in the dark.
    Even though it was made in 2002, the game manages to run OK on Windows 7 64-bit. The controls are something you need to learn, but in the end they make the game quite enjoyable. The shooting mechanics are a bit under-powering, but I guess that's to make you feel like you should be sneaking instead. I loved all of the interesting features such as lock-picking, shooting surveillance cams, rappelling down buildings, grabbing officers to bypass a retinal scanner, using zip-lines and scaling all sorts of obstacles as well as getting into tight places.
    The story is really well written, it gives a very honest feeling of actually working for national security - to prevent any threat to the nation. It's amazing how it teaches you about how information warfare works (thanks to Tom Clancy, may this man rest in peace). The cutscenes are very good as well. The characters seem alright and well detailed and the dialogue is superb. Michael Ironside does a great job voicing the main character, Sam Fisher, making him sound cold and brave, alongside a pinch of sense of humor. Also, Irving Lambert's voice actor Don Jordan
    The level design, while at first a bit confusing, is not bad. I like how it gives more than just one option to pass an area: shall I sneak behind a guard and knock him out or climb up a pipe to get up on the roof and then strike him from above? Speaking of guards, I am a little bit disappointed with the AI. It seems at certain points their field of view is superhuman and they can sometimes hear me when I'm sneaking as slowly as possible.
    This may seem like a burden for your temper, but thankfully the environment in the game is very nicely done. Many places are quite detailed and there's quite some variation as well. There are some areas in the game that make it sound like breaking into them would be insane, but in the end you can actually pass through them. The graphics, for 2002, are quite stunning. Though most of the time the player is accustomed to using night-vision, but while the goggles are off, some very fine details can be seen like the clouds, the faces of the NPCs and the guns.
    To top it all off, the sound quality is amazing. It feels like not one bit of quality was sacrificed when it comes to hearing gunfire, explosions, dialogue and the ambiance. I have to say I love the music too, especially when guards get a bit alerted and there's a sudden piano chord followed by a tense, ninja-esque soundtrack. But when things start to get messy, there's a perfect action theme for the upcoming combat. Overall, the last mission's soundtrack has got to be the best though.
    In the end, this game was a great starter for an interesting franchise. I believe this is when Ubisoft was a respectful game developer, unlike now, unfortunately.

1. It’s all rendered beautifully, possessing a realistic quality that will likely be unmatched for quite some time. Animation is incredibly fluid and the attention to detail is impeccable.
  2. The graphics in Splinter Cell are unsurpassed. The lighting effects are incredible, the character models look great, and the animations are realistic.
  3. It's not all stealth. Ubi Soft's Montreal studio did a terrific job sprinkling the missions with spasms of frenetic action and tech-savvy stunts. [Mar 2003, p.84]