Tomb Raider: Legend PC

7.9

1. ChrisS.
    May 17, 2006
    The control issues have been fixed and with "next gen" deactivated frame rates are fast even at the highest resolutions. With "next gen" turned on, forget about it. Combat plays too large a role in this game and is poorly implemented and hard to handle. The animal attacks are truly annoying and should be ditched alltogether. The puzzles are too few and too easy. What we have here is a The control issues have been fixed and with "next gen" deactivated frame rates are fast even at the highest resolutions. With "next gen" turned on, forget about it. Combat plays too large a role in this game and is poorly implemented and hard to handle. The animal attacks are truly annoying and should be ditched alltogether. The puzzles are too few and too easy. What we have here is a good foundation upon which can be built a much better game. Expand
  2. RobertV.
    Apr 21, 2006
    To me, by changing the controls to reflect the camara view, it has made it harder and more difficult to position laura. I also understand that she would not be able to do some of the jumps and other moves if not for this type of controls. I also liked the ability to save where i wanted and so fat playing this game i can only save at check points. It may be that i am apposed to change, but To me, by changing the controls to reflect the camara view, it has made it harder and more difficult to position laura. I also understand that she would not be able to do some of the jumps and other moves if not for this type of controls. I also liked the ability to save where i wanted and so fat playing this game i can only save at check points. It may be that i am apposed to change, but at least if i wanted to jump i knew what buttons to push and what direction she would go. Now i get confused and over half the time i jump the wrong direction. Thank you for the game. I have all the tomb raider games and hope to have more. This is the only pc game I play. Expand
  3. Jun 25, 2016
    Tomb Raider Legend is a story-driven platformer that is fun to play, but a near-game-breaking bug and some awkward mechanics belittle the overall positive experience.
    Installed size on hard drive: 7.3 GB
    Installed size on hard drive: 7.3 GB

The story is decent, if a little disconnected. Lara is searching for an artifact that killed her mother years ago. A great excuse to send Lara to a variety of diverse locations, from a sleepy South American town to the frozen mountains of Nepal. Zip and Alistair provide some snarky commentary as she proceeds through the levels – some of it almost breaking the fourth wall. It helps keep the proceedings light-hearted and fun, even if what is happening is quite serious. Lara herself is keen, quick-witted, whip-smart, and always ready with a snappy come-back. TR: Legend was actress Keeley Hawes first time voicing Lara, and she does an absolutely fantastic job.

The platforming is well-executed and slick, with timed movements (move quickly before the platforms collapse) and required momentum (remember to HOLD the spacebar to jump in some places, or Lara won't jump far enough). Gun-play just feels odd; lock on to a target, use the arrow or WASD keys to switch the lockon from target to target. While doing this, Lara can run, jump and dodge. There is a free-aim mode, but once engaged Lara cannot move at all, so the lockon mode will be the one used most often. I rebound the keys to what I wanted, so there is that. There are no waypoints; not really an issue in a game this linear. The climbing puzzles are generally well done; remember to use Lara's binoculars first to scan an area for hints before trying to solve a puzzle. Some bosses can only be defeated with the help of the environment, so if a boss seems like it is taking no damage, start looking around for switches and levers (and things to grapple). Nothing is handed to you in this game, though once you figure out a puzzle or boss, it will be solved or defeated in a matter of seconds.

Now for the issues, and there are more of them than there should be. Lock-on would sometimes result in strange camera movements, and the camera doesn't immediately auto-rotate to the forward direction when riding a motorbike. The platforming direction controls aren't always intuitive. A similar issue plagues the QTEs; the onscreen arrows don't always indicate the correct direction, resulting in multiple fails until finding the right button-press. Disable Next Generation Content in the graphics settings; TR: Legend looks better with it, but this will eliminate nearly all crashes. And there is the near-game-breaking bug in the Nepal temple level. A cutscene, then Lara needs to run to a door, hit it (I won't say with what, because spoilers), the door will open, triggering another cutscene and a platforming section. But hitting the door doesn't always make it open, meaning progression through the game is blocked. Just keep re-loading a save until the game works the way it is supposed to (it took me seven tries the last time I played it). Ridiculous, but there it is.

The saving grace through all of this Lara Croft herself. Unlike more recent versions of Lara, this one has no lack of confidence. You never hear Lara telling herself, “I can do this.” She already knows she can, and can worry about other things. I still highly recommend Tomb Raider: Legend despite the game's issues, because there is nothing truly game breaking, and this remains one of my favorite “older” versions of Lara. If story-driven platforming and puzzling is your preference, or you just want more Lara Croft, absolutely get this one.
  4. JoshT.
    Jan 28, 2010
    For the record, I love the Tomb Raider series. And I hate consoles. Being a port to the PC, the controls and camera are terrible. I've got a good machine that can run much more graphics intensive games just fine, yet the next generation content setting had all sorts of graphics errors that I'm 99% certain weren't my computer fault. The game is far too simple in its puzzles, For the record, I love the Tomb Raider series. And I hate consoles. Being a port to the PC, the controls and camera are terrible. I've got a good machine that can run much more graphics intensive games just fine, yet the next generation content setting had all sorts of graphics errors that I'm 99% certain weren't my computer fault. The game is far too simple in its puzzles, disappointingly short, and could have been much better if more time had been spent on polishing the PC version from the crap that was the console versions. Expand
  5. Ben
    Jul 9, 2006
    i think the graffics where alot better yes but im only giving it a 5 because the reasion i liked the tombraider games was the puzzles. what happend to the bloodly puzzles?
  6. EricO.
    Jul 19, 2007
    Typical port, poor reaction times to keyboard.
  7. Jan 4, 2013
    With the impending release of the excellent looking Tomb Raider reboot, I've recently played through Anniversary, Legend, and Underworld, to get familiar with the saga and see what all the hype is about. I'll be blunt: Legend was the absolute worst, by far. The puzzles were easy, combat was a joke, and the boss fights were a chore. If anyone else is considering playing these titles, doWith the impending release of the excellent looking Tomb Raider reboot, I've recently played through Anniversary, Legend, and Underworld, to get familiar with the saga and see what all the hype is about. I'll be blunt: Legend was the absolute worst, by far. The puzzles were easy, combat was a joke, and the boss fights were a chore. If anyone else is considering playing these titles, do yourself a favor and skip Legend. Anniversary is an excellent remake the original, and Underworld gives you the final installment of these set of games. And don't worry about missing the plot from Legend. Underworld brings you up to speed with a short video, or you can read the wiki, which would only be about 10x as fun as actually playing this game. Expand
  8. OldaO.
    May 5, 2006
    Having completed the game, my impression now is the same as when I first played it - the highly acclaimed controls in Legend are worse than in Angel of Darkness! Still waiting for a good new release in this series to follow up on the first one.
  9. robertdb
    Nov 29, 2008
    A great change, a new age of tomb raider is born.
  10. R.dougan
    Jun 27, 2006
    graphics are,good.. movement just feels wrong and is very linier single solution problems in which you have no choice how the game plays.. your just another cog in the boring wheel.

graphics options are bad... "enable 2nd gneration content" what the hell? turn it on and i get 15fps. turn it off and i get 200?? can't i customise that graphics for my system? soo anouying.

also i hate the delay on the buttons you click to move forward and have to wait 2 seconds for a reaction. terrible
  11. JohnJ.
    Apr 6, 2006
    Still has the console controls! Hate the W is forward, but A and D are not strafing,but turning you too look to the right and look to the left, where W will now send you in the direction she's facing. At least it has a free camera that can go all around, so it's "point the mouse where you want to go then push W"

This means on PC, a game pad, or another stilted movement system

This means on PC, a game pad, or another stilted movement system where there is a "placing" sort of thing needed, not as bad, but still like the last game. Certainly not as free-flowing as Prince Of Persia, for example.

Nice only graphics and only good sound, but a brilliant opening theme tune and game intro. Reminded me of those 80's cop's shows like Starsky and Hutch, striking music and fast animations in silhouette and action movements.

So better than the last game, but by not as much as I would have liked. This because of lazy console conversion - again! And by extension a crazy keyboard layout (H to fire gun?) Graphics not as good as they could be, now that we have seen Half Life 2 (which is 2 years old! Reminded me of the Freelancer graphics, if you've played that game) but they are good enough to do the job.

Also have a feeling there will be bugs. When you cannot read the text box leading into a mission because the level loads too quickly and the box disappears before you can read all the text you know it hasn't been play-tested that well.

So I give it a 7. Getting better, but still not the Tomb Raider games we knew and loved 10 years ago, which after all, is what Crystal Dynamics promised us.
  12. AkilaJ.
    Jun 3, 2006
    I'm bit dissapointed with the latest version of the tomb raider game.though the graphics and movement smoothness and mapping is exelent, the level design is not that good. Actually i just played the game because i have played and ended the all previous versions and for the sake of ending up this version for self satisfaction which ended up with a great dissapointment. i mean, what I'm bit dissapointed with the latest version of the tomb raider game.though the graphics and movement smoothness and mapping is exelent, the level design is not that good. Actually i just played the game because i have played and ended the all previous versions and for the sake of ending up this version for self satisfaction which ended up with a great dissapointment. i mean, what happend to the tricky game that i used to know?.this game is far too easy for being a tomb raider game. I was expecting a more harder game for sure and it only took me just 2 days to finish off this game which is a simpathy!.the only tricky place according to my knowledge was at the author's statue where u need to swing the lamp to hit the bell while it was hanging.I realy think this time the game was a BIG FALIUR!!!. Expand
  13. sup2069
    May 31, 2006
    Maps: The maps are too linear and lowered down for the kiddies. They have simple puzzles, if you could call them puzzles. There is no open-ended exploration like in the first three tomb raider series. Map designing needs more work. Graphics: Great graphics, no comment Gameplay: Too much action, the developers should have focused the game 99 percent on the puzzles, and 1 percent on the Maps: The maps are too linear and lowered down for the kiddies. They have simple puzzles, if you could call them puzzles. There is no open-ended exploration like in the first three tomb raider series. Map designing needs more work. Graphics: Great graphics, no comment Gameplay: Too much action, the developers should have focused the game 99 percent on the puzzles, and 1 percent on the shooting. Talk about a Prince of Persia clone, but with a livelier atmosphere and a world -wide know sexy character. The headset with zip is retarded, too many hints from him and the in game help icons, and the R.A.D vision equipped with your binoculars. EDIOS do not leave out the adults now Expand
  14. SamuelL.
    Jun 8, 2006
    Crystal Dynamics' taking over of the Tomb Raider franchise has created some interesting and unique variations in the gameplay and engine. As with the previous reviews, the game seems too easy and too short, making the game seem like an interactive movie rather than a full-fledged adventure game. In some cases, in order to die, a player has to force him or herself to. The enemy AI in Crystal Dynamics' taking over of the Tomb Raider franchise has created some interesting and unique variations in the gameplay and engine. As with the previous reviews, the game seems too easy and too short, making the game seem like an interactive movie rather than a full-fledged adventure game. In some cases, in order to die, a player has to force him or herself to. The enemy AI in the game is rather weaktight and not very strategic, and the animals are surprisingly harder to kill than the humans. While the game has improved on Lara's ability (ability to jump from ledge to ledge while hanging, various martial arts stunts), it has also decreased it from the last editions (Lara holds her breath for approximately 30 seconds instead of 60, she can no longer sprint). The graphics are appealing, but nowhere near as advanced as they can possibly be (case in point, Halflife 2) without pushing the computer beyond its structural limitations via next-gen mode. The game also follows a linear plot, resulting in an unwanted "To be continued" ending, unlike the previous games which each had their own storyline. (A Tomb Raider Legend II would cause a lot of problems in the system) However, the positive issues about the game that save it from a flop is the intriguing storyline itself, and how it connects Lara's past to her present. The architecture in the levels are superb and show that a lot of effort has gone into the design of these levels. The movements of Lara are fluid, and her emotions and reactions are penultimately realistic than they were in the previous Core Design series. If Crystal Dynamics intends to make a sequel, a skill-building system should be placed in to make the game even more realistic and appealing to the public. In short, the game is hopefully a foreshadowing of the next improvement in the Tomb Raider product line. Expand
  15. weevilk.
    May 2, 2007
    Graphics great - controls great- cinematics great, controls like a dream - but it is just too easy. too many hints. fighting is easy. bosses are easy. puzzles are very linear and lots of hints everywhere - things glinting, stupid guys on the headset - HEY LARA WHATS THAT BIG LEVER FOR.....HEY LARA TRY TO CHARGE UP THE CORE WITH THE TESLA DEVICE....I started off thinking - wow, this is Graphics great - controls great- cinematics great, controls like a dream - but it is just too easy. too many hints. fighting is easy. bosses are easy. puzzles are very linear and lots of hints everywhere - things glinting, stupid guys on the headset - HEY LARA WHATS THAT BIG LEVER FOR.....HEY LARA TRY TO CHARGE UP THE CORE WITH THE TESLA DEVICE....I started off thinking - wow, this is awesome, but ended up feeling slightly cheated at how easy it is. even the binoculars have a built in ability to tell you what you do with objects on screen - AI binoculars? please..... little cut scenes which sort of guide you through a set piece - YOUI HAVE TO GO HERE......THEN HERE>>>>>THEN HERE......or big neon icons flashing up telling you where the grapple has to go, or whn to press down, up etc.....idiots guide, id say. They make a play on the fluid motion, but what that means is you can be very sloppy and still make the jumps etc - i suppose on balance, having to be too exact could get enraging, but its almost impossible to get it wrong with this one. 100000000 times better than the last effort mind. i guess nothing compares to the wonder of the very first TR 1 and 2 - they were so excellent in their day that they will not be beaten no matter how life like her outrageous ...ahem...boobies....become. Expand
  16. JeremiahP
    Nov 21, 2008
    Very refreshing change from the failings of "Angel of Darkness". Puzzles were challenging without being frustrating. Control needed work, but was playable. Frankly, my only serious complaint about the game is I was done with it in 7 hours.
  17. Sep 16, 2010
    Haha easy puzzles but getting the gold relic thing wasnt very easy for some stages. Fun game . Just never liked dying a million times to get to the other side.
  18. Jan 3, 2013
    This is the game that has changed the Tomb Raider saga. A nice game which, technically, isn't that good. Tomb Raider has always been a long game, and this one is really short. Tomb Raider has always got great performance and graphics, while the performance on this one sucks very much. The gameplay is fine, but not as good as old as the one of the old Tomb Raider (P.S.: I miss the very bigThis is the game that has changed the Tomb Raider saga. A nice game which, technically, isn't that good. Tomb Raider has always been a long game, and this one is really short. Tomb Raider has always got great performance and graphics, while the performance on this one sucks very much. The gameplay is fine, but not as good as old as the one of the old Tomb Raider (P.S.: I miss the very big jumps). The plot is very good. Also, the bad point is that you can carry on only 2 weapons. That's really sad, if you think that, in TR3, you could bring on really many weapons (such as pistols, uzis, assault riffles, shotguns, desert eagles, flares, water gun, etc.). Graphics and performance: 4; Longevity: 3; Gameplay: 6; Plot: 6+ (6.25). OVERALL SCORE: 5- [4.81] (4.75 out of 10 [Mediocre]). Expand
  19. JohnLocke
    Sep 1, 2009
    A very high quality game all around; graphics are no longer the best available, but for the time of release, they are as good as one can ask for. The gameplay is fantastic; not the typical see-bad-guy-shoot-bad-guy stuff. The entire game is a puzzle, both the levels, and the storyline. It was very original and believable in its own setting. To top things off, the Croft Manor added several A very high quality game all around; graphics are no longer the best available, but for the time of release, they are as good as one can ask for. The gameplay is fantastic; not the typical see-bad-guy-shoot-bad-guy stuff. The entire game is a puzzle, both the levels, and the storyline. It was very original and believable in its own setting. To top things off, the Croft Manor added several extra hours of leisure gameplay. Two thumbs up! Expand
  20. Nov 4, 2010
    The graphics in this game are very good. The game play can get a little monotonous after you see a lot of clones of the same monsters over and over. Some of the puzzles are fun, but a couple of them expect you to die over and over in order to figure them out. It doesn't take very long to re-spawn and take another crack at them but its still annoying seeing a loading screen four times toThe graphics in this game are very good. The game play can get a little monotonous after you see a lot of clones of the same monsters over and over. Some of the puzzles are fun, but a couple of them expect you to die over and over in order to figure them out. It doesn't take very long to re-spawn and take another crack at them but its still annoying seeing a loading screen four times to complete one puzzle that has a special stipulation or asks you to complete it very quickly. If you get this game cheaply like I did then I recommend it. Expand
  21. C.Rose
    Apr 24, 2006
    probably one of the worst games i have played the graphics wernt that good on the 360 when u shoot people sparks come out of them instead of blood. same old story of climb a wall shoot a bad guy find a piece of puzzle if urr gonna buy this get it from a shop were u can trade it back, or get the demo if u can.
  22. May 29, 2013
    PC controls suck. For me that's a game wrecker. Good God. Combat mechanics are awful. Camera movement is horrendous. Can't tell you if the plot is any good. I got sick of fighting the damned game controls and bashed the uninstall button, which is the only thing that worked good. Lara's got a nice rack, great legs and a fine ass, though.
  23. Apr 7, 2014
    For the record, most Tomb Raider games of late will probably be better off forgotten, since the series as a whole, while not terrible, is nonetheless a worn out concept that is becoming less and less welcome upon each new release. More than that though, its just plain disappointing when you realize that people actually convince themselves that these are "good" or even decent games. InFor the record, most Tomb Raider games of late will probably be better off forgotten, since the series as a whole, while not terrible, is nonetheless a worn out concept that is becoming less and less welcome upon each new release. More than that though, its just plain disappointing when you realize that people actually convince themselves that these are "good" or even decent games. In all honesty you can like Tomb Raider Legend, but explain to me me how you managed to enjoy the terrible collision detection, the pathetic camera, the alarmingly bad lock on mechanics, the simplistic puzzles, or how you managed to follow the unbelievably bad plot. Why did Lara have to resort to the most cumbersome gun wielding imaginable, hamfisted "quick time event" sequences, and why on earth was all the banter over the headset between Lara and her chums even necessary? This game is obviously unfinished. On one hand the platforming isn't bad at all, even if it does blatantly (and Anniversary can be blamed for this too) borrow "Prince of Persia's: Sands of Time" platforming mechanics to a "T". Which I'll admit would be highly enjoyable if they were able to make those sections work well and feel gratifying if it wasn't for the sloppy level design. I'm not sure what they were thinking at some points, but the level design is atrocious. Rooms are poorly layed out and uneventful. So much so, that I can barely remember a decent puzzle, or a particularly interesting thing that happened in any of the Tombs. Its basically, one linear box, solve puzzle to open door- on to the next linear box. The puzzles are obnoxiously easy, but why they felt they had to break them up with terrible combat sections tells me one thing and one thing only. They were worried people were going to get bored. Isn't it obvious? You have these seemingly pointless quick time events, side characters chattering in your ear all the time, and occasional cut scenes throughout each level. They figured people were going to drift off if the painfully dull gameplay couldn't keep you interested. Otherwise you would get bored moving from one room, solving puzzle after puzzle. Which is sad in my opinion. Its almost like they don't even remember Prince of Persia's presentation at all. It was particularly particular of "having good level design" and interesting puzzles. They were engaging though, interesting, and the game was compelling and sure their was combat and cutscenes as well, but it was at least functional. Legend strives to do nothing about how poor its combat is and it mimics Anniversaries failures as well. Its almost hard to believe a better system is not in place yet, or how the developers haven't learned to just focus on actually making a decent game for once instead. It comes across as padding anyhow, since the game is loathsomely short to begin with. Same deal with the "boss fights" which are honestly hilarious in every way imaginable. I have no idea what the voice acting budget was for the game, but I seriously doubt it was play tested at all. If they had play tested it they would've maybe realized that every boss repeats three lines of dialogue in rapid succession. Not only are they terrible lines, but they come across as insulting when Lara and her buddies are constantly hogging dialogue every chance they get. Its like the writers were trying as hard as they could to give this dialogue semblance of meaning or personality, but it never manages to pull in players. After awhile I was just tired of having to listen to another forced joke about where or what Lara was doing. It just wasn't entertaining or well realized dialogue. The reason most players should play this game is so they can learn what bad games are. Since all other elements combined here simply don't work together at all- you can at least get some enjoyment over how bad it is though. The plot is laughable and hardly engaging on any level. The atmosphere of the Tombs would be great if it wasn't ripping off Indiana Jones at every turn or putting Jaguars in random rooms that only serve as bullet sponge enemies that slow Lara's progression down for no reason. Likewise the game should've taken more tips from the Prince of Persia series in general. It lacks scope, decent pacing, decent writing, horridly unintuitive controls and outdated gameplay mechanics. Couple all this with ugly "next gen" dynamic shadows, poor textures, a generic soundtrack, glitch ridden levels, and a developer too lazy or brainless to learn from their previous mistakes- you have a very below average videogame, One that's being highly recommended if you just want blow off steam and watch Lara ragdoll every time she falls off a cliff or ledge. Highly enjoyable. Expand
  24. HarrieD.
    Apr 10, 2006
    Quite a good game, that manages to captivate you with a good storyline and good graphics. Even though quite a few changes have been made compared to the older games, it 'feels right', but....... It's quite short. Without really trying that hard, I managed to finish it in just under 11 hours. Granted: the game claimed I had finished 88%, but I defenitely had NOT rushed Quite a good game, that manages to captivate you with a good storyline and good graphics. Even though quite a few changes have been made compared to the older games, it 'feels right', but....... It's quite short. Without really trying that hard, I managed to finish it in just under 11 hours. Granted: the game claimed I had finished 88%, but I defenitely had NOT rushed through. All in all: good. but short. Expand
  25. DanielC.
    Apr 16, 2006
    This is a great game and is defenantly the best of all tomb raiders of their time. The game is imersive and very realistic in its physics and graphics. The plot is enhanced from the older series and takes you all round the world in many different enviroments. One BIG downside to this game is that it is very short, this I suspect is because heavy detail has been included but the levels This is a great game and is defenantly the best of all tomb raiders of their time. The game is imersive and very realistic in its physics and graphics. The plot is enhanced from the older series and takes you all round the world in many different enviroments. One BIG downside to this game is that it is very short, this I suspect is because heavy detail has been included but the levels really should be extended. Eidos are defenantly planing to bring out a second game because the plot ends on a clif hanger were many gamers (including myself) were expecting the rest of the game but it only reveals the credits and a lot of dissapointment. Even though this is a must have game and the added insentive is that lara's breasts bounce all over the place. the "Next generation content" is really good but its too slow for me and i have a 6600GT but it still looks great without. So why are you waiting, go out and buy it! Expand
  26. DionK.
    May 17, 2006
    This is really a great comeback for Lara. I was a huge fan of hers on the PS1 in Tomb Raider 1 and 2. After that it became boring, but the developers has it spot on this time around. Highly recommended to anyone, but needs gamepad on Pc. Enjoy
  27. Delegate
    May 2, 2006
    It is a wonderful game. Though it has a lot of shooting which is sometimes irritating but the graphics are excellent.
    Jun 13, 2006
    All in all, the game was excellent. I especially loved the improved feel of the controls (the most infuriating problem with all previous TR games), no more slow-turning Lara, or having her unexpectedly change direction when you make a jump, JUST because you didn't approach the edge at a perpendicular angle... The whole "cubic" feeling of the game has been removed, and now the levels All in all, the game was excellent. I especially loved the improved feel of the controls (the most infuriating problem with all previous TR games), no more slow-turning Lara, or having her unexpectedly change direction when you make a jump, JUST because you didn't approach the edge at a perpendicular angle... The whole "cubic" feeling of the game has been removed, and now the levels are starting to feel a lot more real. The graphics are incredible, and the levels are well-designed. The addition of Zip and Alister was a great idea, as the dialogue between them and Lara, lets them know exactly what's going on in the lead character's minds, as well as profiding a few laughs. The developing storyline (also done much better in this game than in any predecessor, except perhaps the original), is what I feel truly makes this game a "must buy". If you want a shoot-em-up, buy Battlefield 2, but when you want to be pulled into an exciting and intruiging world, you're thankful that there are games like this out there... My only problem with this game is the up-in-the-air ending. Crystal Dynamics, PLEEEEASE give us an ending to this game, don't just leave us hanging! It's inhuman torture! Don't make me sic amnesty international on your arses! Expand
  29. VanN
    Aug 26, 2009
    A great game, briliant graphics and audio makes the world come to life. Although it may be challenging in a few parts, it's a fun game while it lasted.
  30. NicoB.
    Apr 11, 2006
    Great game, great graphics!. The best Tomb Raider yet!
  31. DaveE.
    Apr 11, 2006
    Very nice graphics, even on lower end PCs (such as mine!) Good gameplay, very reminiscent of the early TR games, but updated with a modern twist. I'm playing on PC with a mouse and keyboard, and the control feels natural, which it didn't with the old games. Finding it very enjoyable, although i'm afraid it might be a little short.
  32. AmandaS.
    Apr 24, 2006
    This game was great wayyyy better than the Angel Of Darkness. It has a good story line also but there is one default about the game that makes it unlike everyother tomb raider game... and that is that it is too short. all the other tomb raider games it takes forever just to finish ONE level. in this game a could finish a level in aboout 30min to an hour. the next game should really be This game was great wayyyy better than the Angel Of Darkness. It has a good story line also but there is one default about the game that makes it unlike everyother tomb raider game... and that is that it is too short. all the other tomb raider games it takes forever just to finish ONE level. in this game a could finish a level in aboout 30min to an hour. the next game should really be LONGER. cuz i beat this game in about 12 hours. Expand
  33. Eradicator
    May 6, 2006
    All round great game, graphics, sound and plot. Falls a bit short in stability, issues with dual core processors, and sometimes awkward camera, but otherwise a great game. Can't wait for the sequel!
  34. Evid
    Jun 29, 2006
    Great fun game, with amazing graphics (with the next gen effects on). do need a fast PC to run with next gen effects however... Need more games that are actually fun like this for PC, instead of all the war simulation and fanstasy strategy games for geeks that make up 90% of PC game releases. would be better though if the tomb raider franchise wasnt ruined by that whore Angelina Jolie.
  35. TristanW.
    Apr 12, 2007
    Pros: Loved the game. Tomb Raider is alive and well. Next Gen graphics enabled made for a fantastic visual experience. Cons: I can't help but feel that the Tomb Raider series is drifting away from what made it great. It was way too short. The constant chatter from Zip and constant music detracted from the overall experience. I felt the game held my hand way too much, can't Pros: Loved the game. Tomb Raider is alive and well. Next Gen graphics enabled made for a fantastic visual experience. Cons: I can't help but feel that the Tomb Raider series is drifting away from what made it great. It was way too short. The constant chatter from Zip and constant music detracted from the overall experience. I felt the game held my hand way too much, can't people be trusted to figure out things on their own anymore? Expand
  36. Alena
    Oct 25, 2006
    Excellent. Thoroughly enjoyed the well-thought out storyline, stunning graphics, and beautiful surroundings. The interactions with Zip & co is brilliant, and Croft Manor a delight.
  37. LeonardoF.
    Mar 31, 2007
    The Tomb Raider games are the true adventure games. Nothing is equal those excellent masterpieces of the modern action game. And now the technology allow Eidos to create a more complex, exciting and fun new Tomb Raider game.
  38. AshleyO
    Dec 22, 2009
    I thought Legand was one of the best Tomb Raiders...next to Anniversary...It by far blew away Underworld...just beat that one tonight...took me a week...wtf....I expected way more...it was way too short....hurry up 2010 WE NEED TOMB RAIDER 9!!
  39. Mar 8, 2014
    This is Tomb Raider's descention into drivel! This game steers Lara away from puzzle solving and into combat which is NOT what Tomb Raider is about. Considering there is a lot of combat it is implemented horribly, coupled with the way Lara handles it's a mixture of clunky and floaty and is just downright annoying. Couldn't be bothered to finish it! Tomb Raider: Anniversary nailed it withThis is Tomb Raider's descention into drivel! This game steers Lara away from puzzle solving and into combat which is NOT what Tomb Raider is about. Considering there is a lot of combat it is implemented horribly, coupled with the way Lara handles it's a mixture of clunky and floaty and is just downright annoying. Couldn't be bothered to finish it! Tomb Raider: Anniversary nailed it with combat, puzzle solving and handling and is probably the last iteration of TR game worth playing. Expand
  40. Mar 17, 2013
    Tomb Raider Legend was the game that revigorated the franchise. The graphics were mind-blowing for it's time, being one the the first next-gen titles. For the first time in the franchise, the control are GOOD. The game is a joy to play. The sound is top-notch, the voice-acting is pretty good, the story is surprinsly good too. It's not just find this 500 years lost artefact. No. It's aTomb Raider Legend was the game that revigorated the franchise. The graphics were mind-blowing for it's time, being one the the first next-gen titles. For the first time in the franchise, the control are GOOD. The game is a joy to play. The sound is top-notch, the voice-acting is pretty good, the story is surprinsly good too. It's not just find this 500 years lost artefact. No. It's a personal story, and it shows, making Lara more human than she's ever been.

The control are good, the puzzles are decent, mostly on the easy side. There is no tough nut crack to here, unfortunately. The level design is just ok, as it doesn't reach the hights of its predecessor or its successors for that manner.

Good: 1) CONTROLS. Yes! They did a marvelous jos here.
    2) Graphics, for the most part.
    3) Sound. Energic, for the most part.
    4) This may be a first for the Tomb Raider series, but the story is actually good this time around.
    5) Utilising Pixel Shader 1.1 to 2.0, or none at all, the game is VERY good optimised. No slow-downs, no crashes, no cracking sound.
    6) Doing 100% takes somewhere from 10 to 15 hours. Bad:
    1) The story itself lasts around 7 to 8.5 hours.
    2) Some might find the level design unispired and the difficulty too low, even on Hard. For a Tomb Raider game, it's a very easy one, on both fronts.
    3) With the next-generation features enabled on PC, Lara looks weird and unnatural sometimes. Also, some effects like her wet clothes are nowhere to be found with the next-gen features enabled)
    4) The is too much sound There should be a sense of solitude, but the music is pumping always.
    5) The PC version recieved the short stick, compared to the Xbox360 version. Without Next-Gen-Feature enabled, the PC version is heads-above the PS2/Xbox version, utilising Pixel-Shader 2 effects to a great effect. With the Next-Gen-Features enabled, the PC version looks mostly identical to the Xbox360 version. But we have poorer lighting, a shocking lack of vegetation compared to the 360 and some effects missings, like the dripping of water from her wet clothes. Also, some levels of the game (Kazahstan and Nepal) are unplayable with NGF activated. The game just crashed, even patched up to the latest version.

All in all, this games easily deservers and 8.3. If not for the technical issues, maybe an 8.7.
  41. Apr 23, 2013
    The game is perfectly fine on the PC but what sets it back from other versions is graphical glitches and annoying keyboard controls. Anniversary and underworld play fine on a keyboard but this game does not work well on a keyboard. And the most noticeable graphical glitch i can think of is the bridge at the end of the first level. Overall it is still a great game but it is not as good asThe game is perfectly fine on the PC but what sets it back from other versions is graphical glitches and annoying keyboard controls. Anniversary and underworld play fine on a keyboard but this game does not work well on a keyboard. And the most noticeable graphical glitch i can think of is the bridge at the end of the first level. Overall it is still a great game but it is not as good as other versions. Expand
  42. Nov 20, 2013
    When a stale franchise got reinvigorated. Tomb Raider Legend for me is one of my favourite video games. I am a major fan of the “Tomb Raider” series and I'm always anticipating the next release and this was the freshest and best structured sequel to be released prior to 2013's origins adventure! With the new control and combat systems, Lara is now performing highly unrealistic manoeuvre’sWhen a stale franchise got reinvigorated. Tomb Raider Legend for me is one of my favourite video games. I am a major fan of the “Tomb Raider” series and I'm always anticipating the next release and this was the freshest and best structured sequel to be released prior to 2013's origins adventure! With the new control and combat systems, Lara is now performing highly unrealistic manoeuvre’s that only Lara Croft could pull off… And although a little short, this entry has been by far the most engaging release since Tomb Raider 2. Expand
  43. May 22, 2016
    Nonaste, who gave this score a 0, is an idiot so I'm giving it a 10 to counter. Stop complaining about keyboard and mouse controls when you can use a damn controller, people. Just insane how dumb people are when it comes to PC gaming.
  44. Jan 5, 2014
    I am a newcomer to the Tomb Raider franchise, having started with the 2013 reboot, I began going back and playing the old ones since I enjoyed the new one so much.

Legend was a fun game, but it was nearly ruined by some of the gameplay mechanics that I found just terrible. This was on PC, and I'm sure the porting process is at fault for much of that. The storyline wasn't bad, but at

The storyline wasn't bad, but at the end I couldn't have helped thinking that wouldn't the main antagonist have at some point said something to Lora to explain what was going on, rather than just fight her the whole time?

The puzzles were fun but simple, everything was very linear, which isn't always terrible but it started to feel too structured and gets a bit stale.

It really consisted mostly of some combination of platform>combat>puzzle>boss battle, where combat was usually easy, puzzles were quite simple, and boss battles were tedious and painful. A couple boss battles were actually fairly simple and quick once you found the trick, a couple others were miserable. Combine that with two human bosses having three lines that they repeated every few seconds, it was no fun at all, just an obstacle to enjoying the game.

One boss battle (in England) was exceptionally difficult, clumsy and poorly designed. Between having been started with a reduced amount of rifle ammo, having very little time to switch from shooting to grappling to pulling, having to dodge every second, and having actions sometimes not occur on the first press of the key, I just couldn't do everything fast enough to survive. After an hour of miserable frustration, I discovered that I couldn't even complete it due to a glitch that made one of the four items that I had to utilize not even work, imagine my frustration at finally surviving that long only to get stuck there anyway! I had to download a savegame to continue at the next mission. Apparently some others have suffered this glitch, while most who managed to struggle through that battle did not.

Shooting was one of the worst problems in my opinion. The auto aim had no idea what was going on and randomly aimed at different things. An enemy would be shooting me and Lora would be pointing at some interactive item or another enemy. At one point I'm surrounded and auto aim has me shooting up at the ceiling! Manual aim with a first person view was mostly useless because you could not move. Being unable to manually aim and move at the same time was extremely frustrating, and pretty much ruined the game for me. Auto aim is nice when driving or handling a couple enemies, but trying to fight a large group was nearly impossible, there was no way of strategically engaging targets and utilizing cover. When you tried to shoot from behind cover, your gunfire struck whatever was next to you even though your view showed a clear shot, you had to be pretty much out from behind cover to shoot. Grenades were also thrown a few steps in front of you without the ability to aim, so throwing grenades out from behind cover was impossible.

The actual platforming, exploring, puzzle solving, and trap avoiding parts were fun, easily played, and quite enjoyable. If the game had totally eliminated combat and had just continuous exploration, I would have enjoyed it more, even though it would have made the game a little less interesting. If they had replaced combat with more and better puzzles, or made combat good instead of terrible, it would have been a much better game.

The graphics were fair for 2006, they looked a little better with next gen graphics enabled, but there were so many glitches and game crashes with next gen graphics, that about 3/4 through I had to switch them off. The music was ok, in some parts it helped make the atmosphere very well, in others it was entirely forgettable. Lora looked good and her movements were pretty fluid and intuitive, but the camera often game me very useless views and moved around very quickly and jerky, if you were in a confined space the camera was a problem.

Overall, I enjoyed the game, but I definitely wouldn't play it again. It wasn't interesting enough, and the miserable combat is a chore rather than an enjoyable challenge. It is interesting to see how Crystal Dynamics progressed from something so rough, to something that is much more refined in the 2013 game.
  45. Feb 11, 2014
    Its a power hungry game. At the time of release it was stressing out the 4870 pretty heavily. Now I play it with a 7970 and it still has areas where FPS goes down (but not unplayable). The newer UNDERWORLD game is better optimized and has better graphics but if you care you should play LEGENDS first as the plot continues from then.

I run it with a PC game controller Saitek P2600 and it

I run it with a PC game controller Saitek P2600 and it recognizes so then you can adjust your buttons in game. I am playing in Hard difficulty, the game would be easier with more buttons on the controller but I am working through it just fine. Similar game-play to Prince of Persia (trilogy) but with guns and some more advanced climbing/jumping tactics.

I give it a decent score because it supports PC game controllers, Next Gen Content and its fun so far. The graphics are great. The game was released in an era where shotty ports were really bad.

This one was a better one of that time (visual options inside + outside of game). LEGENDS is single core only usage but the sequel UNDERWORLD uses more than 1 core (but 1 core seems to be in more usage than other cores although probably just dual core optimized which makes the difference between the LEGENDS and UNDERWORLD).
  46. Jun 30, 2014
    This one had me gripped, a far more action orientated take on a Tomb Raider game which didn't suit the by now slightly archaic combat controls however it's a lot of fun. I finished in well under 10 hours though which seems a little short, especially for a Tomb Raider game.
  47. Dec 10, 2015
    Amazing game! The second one in the series that I play after Chronicles, I just love it. The relationship between Lara, Zip and Alister is really cool, they talk and make jokes, that was something I miss in Underworld. 9.8 for me.
  48. Jan 4, 2017
    Deutsche Review - Kritik

Deutsche Review - Kritik

Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. Regeln verstanden?
    Dann sind hier meine Punkte.

Mein persönlicher Score = 87/100
    Mein User Score = 9/10
  49. Jun 22, 2016
    Alright for a Tomb Raider. The only other ones I've played were the original and the 2013 reboot. I'd put this one in the middle of those two. I enjoyed the plot, but the wonky camera angles fouled up a number of my jumps. At any rate, it was a freebie for pre-ordering Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, which I much preferred.
  50. Oct 30, 2016
    Easily the most under appreciated Tomb Raider game out there. Enjoyed the personal Lara's quest driven story, but the sequel baiting in the finale was kinda unnecessery and out of place. Tombs themselves were awesome with excellent design and with well executed eerie atmosphere. Combat on mouse+kboard worked fine enough, but it was much better back on PS2 version, overall if you can iEasily the most under appreciated Tomb Raider game out there. Enjoyed the personal Lara's quest driven story, but the sequel baiting in the finale was kinda unnecessery and out of place. Tombs themselves were awesome with excellent design and with well executed eerie atmosphere. Combat on mouse+kboard worked fine enough, but it was much better back on PS2 version, overall if you can i would reccomend the PS2 version, even over PS3/360, cuz next gen graphics take away lot of atmosphere and Lara imo looks wrong copmpared to last gen version of her.

PC port feels bit weak, theres some of the effects missing from console version and running on next gen graphics break the Kazakhstan level for some reason.

The cliffhanger story is well put together. The action is simple and effective. The controls not only work, they're fun...Best of all, the sense of discovery and adventure is captured with a fresh sensibility.
  2. A solid title from the ground up. It has a nicely written story, with lively characters and a charismatic and sexy protagonist in Lara Croft. It has great voice acting and music, and the artists have done a marvelous job of creating beautiful and diverse locations for the game's backdrop.
  3. The changes Crystal Dynamics have affected means it’s easily the most polished, well-rounded package of the seven.