8.6

Generally favorable reviews- based on 1921 Ratings

1. Jan 12, 2013
    Torchlight II is a great game, and only costs 14 pounds which is amazing considering the amount of content you get. Runic Games once again have done a good job!
  2. Jan 10, 2013
    This game is a huge improvement from the last one. Multiplayer, better graphics and overall more content, and the best part of all.... MODABILITY! TC2 is not meant to be played mostly for storyline and is almost entirely around gameplay and having fun experiencing the challenges, bosses and loot. I will probably be playing this game for a very long time or maybe until they release the nextThis game is a huge improvement from the last one. Multiplayer, better graphics and overall more content, and the best part of all.... MODABILITY! TC2 is not meant to be played mostly for storyline and is almost entirely around gameplay and having fun experiencing the challenges, bosses and loot. I will probably be playing this game for a very long time or maybe until they release the next one(IF they do). One of the best RPG games ever and a great time! Expand
  3. Jan 7, 2013
    I have Diablo 3 and i had fun with that game, but it is later boring...Torchlight 2 is the Diablo killer for me..because pvp, play offline single, no buy for win, play for win ...
  4. Jan 5, 2013
    Torchlight 2 is about the adventure, the teamwork, the options, the variety of game play, but most importantly the fun. The moment you begin you feel immersed in this visually beautiful world, and you don't want to stop playing. TL 2 stays true to the Action RPG genre, and has a ton of re-playability. When the mod editor is eventually released, the game will be full of even more options,Torchlight 2 is about the adventure, the teamwork, the options, the variety of game play, but most importantly the fun. The moment you begin you feel immersed in this visually beautiful world, and you don't want to stop playing. TL 2 stays true to the Action RPG genre, and has a ton of re-playability. When the mod editor is eventually released, the game will be full of even more options, showing how a game that's open can be successful; a true successor to the first Torchlight. Expand
  5. Dec 30, 2012
    Torchlight II is fun. It's a simple, point and click dungeon crawler, like the first. No changes to gameplay, and I haven't completed the story, so I don't know how the story compares, but it has more variety to the dungeons, which is fantastic. The first game had some variety, yes, but that was only done by going into the Torchlight mine and descending down further and further. The wayTorchlight II is fun. It's a simple, point and click dungeon crawler, like the first. No changes to gameplay, and I haven't completed the story, so I don't know how the story compares, but it has more variety to the dungeons, which is fantastic. The first game had some variety, yes, but that was only done by going into the Torchlight mine and descending down further and further. The way Runic has designed the dungeons in the sequel is more along the lines of unique dungeons being placed throughout the world, and the player explores them to find loot and gain experience. The weapons have also changed a bit. Rifles have been replaced with crossbows, and the game has introduced shotguns and claws to the mix. You may also customize the appearance of your character, unlike in the previous one where you had a set appearance. Overall, it's a good improvement over an already good game. Expand
  6. Dec 30, 2012
    This game is amazing, first of all I think it is much better then Diablo 3 for many reason, the main reason is because for the content it gives, the price is just a joke, only 20 dollars, (and less with the winter sales) comparing to the 60 dollars you need to pay for Diablo.

The game it self offers a lot of fun and gameplay time due to its length and enjoyful campaign which you can play with friends. each character has unique skills and accessories that makes them a lot different and valuable in combat against lots of bosses and tough enemies, normal difficulty itself is not that simple, imagine the harder ones...
    Graphics are quite good for the game and they suit it perfectly, no need of super DX11 with shadows and realistic lightinigs... this games provides everything you need without crashing your system.

The connection and login is simple, fast, no problems of any sort, I heard that blizzard had some issues in the past, and still has sometimes, this game is lag free and you can play without any sort of disconnection danger :D

In conclusion,
    If you liked diablo 3 or not, you should try this game definitely since it's cheap and excellent.

Good hunting :D
  7. Dec 30, 2012
    The best hack n slash rpg game! Better than Diablo III! If you like h'n's rpg's you MUST play this game! Beautifull graphics, nice skills, epic battles and more... This is Torchlinght II!
  8. Dec 29, 2012
    Torchlight II is an amazing game. It lacks in some areas such as the boring story and the uninteresting characters, but this game wasn't built with a wonderful, story-driven experience in mind. Torchlight II is all about hacking and slashing, looting, levelling, exploring, upgrading skills and upgrading your current set of gear. All of these elements of the game are splendid, and theTorchlight II is an amazing game. It lacks in some areas such as the boring story and the uninteresting characters, but this game wasn't built with a wonderful, story-driven experience in mind. Torchlight II is all about hacking and slashing, looting, levelling, exploring, upgrading skills and upgrading your current set of gear. All of these elements of the game are splendid, and the hack-and-slash gameplay can be a surprising challenge at times. The graphics aren't amazing, but the art style is really nice, and the game runs buttery-smooth on my PC. It's an overall very polished game which delivers on many aspects, and is very fun and addictive to play. Expand
  9. Dec 29, 2012
    This game is amazing. Cost you only 20$ and provide you something that is priceless. Game world is vast and huge and playable character are totally different from one another. Which not only bring the variety but also add more and more replay-ability. I starting the game for fourth time to improve one character. Each time you change the character you will have to change your game playThis game is amazing. Cost you only 20$ and provide you something that is priceless. Game world is vast and huge and playable character are totally different from one another. Which not only bring the variety but also add more and more replay-ability. I starting the game for fourth time to improve one character. Each time you change the character you will have to change your game play style and that is really fun. And the multiplayer mode of the game is also good and balanced. And the story line of the game is really good. Its a must have game for you if are a die hard hack and slash RPG fan. Expand
  10. Dec 28, 2012
    I can't really properly put down what this game makes me feel I'm just going to have to do my best but frankly, it's hard for me to really get into it at length because I start missing the game and wanting to go back to it, so this will be an emotional reaction review more than a technical one. I only have one major gripe with the game and that involves the story. It needs a bit moreI can't really properly put down what this game makes me feel I'm just going to have to do my best but frankly, it's hard for me to really get into it at length because I start missing the game and wanting to go back to it, so this will be an emotional reaction review more than a technical one. I only have one major gripe with the game and that involves the story. It needs a bit more warmth, there's some definite lore overload going on and while it's great to learn about this fantastic new world they've created, most of the characters lack personality and it feels like i'm talking to walking,talking encyclopedias/politicians at times.

That's it, though. Everything else...it's amazing.The best way I can compare my feelings about this game is by comparing it to how I felt playing Diablo III. This game in many ways is the total opposite of that game. Despite DIablo III having a flawed story, many of the characters had a surprising amount of personality. Diablo III has a lot of really amazing art yet in the areas where it really needed to look amazing, it doesn't, it falls flat. Torchlight II has that Don Bluth/Disney animation style-the game looks like Titan AE/Treasure Planet by way of Heavy Metal with some Rock & Rule tossed in for good measure-yet there are some areas where you can tell they stepped up their game and pulled out all the stops in order to blow you away with pure mood. Despite stuff being low poly everything fits and there are some set pieces that make me marvel at how they've managed to pull off so much randomization while managing to keep everything cohesive.

The skills and stats are accessible and fun. I'm in love with my berserker. I honestly haven't had this much fun playing a character in a very long time. I loved Diablo II, loved my necromancer but my femzerker blows him away. She's spunky, has a ton of attitude and it's crazy that you can throw together so many different combinations of skills (I've chosen skills based on the background story I came up with for her) and still have them work in elite.

So, back to the whole D3 thing, yeah, when D3 came out I discovered that I had been waiting for a sequel for years. Diablo II was a very special game to me. I discovered it the same year I first fell in love. As much as I tried to keep my expectations low, despite not getting the game because i know it wasnt going to be anything like what I had hoped it was going to be, it was stick shocking and jarring to play through the game after being given it as a gift.

I was depressed. I knew going in that it might let me down but it was just...sad, and it was sad because I could tell that it would have taken so very little for it to have been better than it was. As crushed as I was, as let down, as sad as I was...that's how happy i've been playing this game. I walked into Torchlight II with very lowered expectations. Despite having played beta and despite having a lot of faith in Runic, I was scared. I hope Runic can understand. I was scared to let myself really believe.

So when that first surprise challenge threw me into a section of map I couldn't get out of without poisoning a bunch of spider spawners that kept throwing hordes of baby spiders at me, causing me to have to run around while freaking out omg omg omg spiders! gotta kill em gotta kill em damn damn damn whats this? Oh! grab the potion, poison the spider pits, run back grab another one poison another pit damn damn so many fuuuuuuuuuuu ok ok got it got it finsh em off GOOD DOG! GO BOY! wooooo spectral hound, backin his buddy up YES YES F**K YOU, SPIDERS! whoa...ok, um, spider mom and dad just ate all the babies and disappeared...oooo k HOLY F**K MY SCREEN IS COVERED IN LOOT OMG.

Yeah. My jaw dropped and I actually started crying tears of joy. I realized then and there that it was ok, I could fall in love with this game and I have-and i'm only in act II. So much of the stuff people told them about in beta has been polished up. This game...this game might just be everything many of us are expecting it to be. While i'm sure it's not perfect (I did mention my thoughts about the writing-sorry JD), it gets it right so often, you won't care and when it does it right-again, which it does a lot-it does it so damn right.

This game is good. Really, really good. This game...is amazing. Thank you, Runic. Good job. Note-I wrote this just after the game was released. It's now three months later and while a lot of my initial excitement has gone down, the game is still fun and hasn't really gotten boring, I just have lots of new games that have captured my attention but I still play, and will continue to for a long time to come. -Zid
  11. Dec 28, 2012
    Outstanding game for its genre. The game play, mechanics, and combat are all outstanding. If you are/were a fan of Diablo 2 then you owe it to yourself to give this a try. Whereas the graphics are not the photo-realism of modern games, I don't care a whit. I will take great game design over graphics any day of the week. And still, I don't mind the cartoony nature of the models, most of theOutstanding game for its genre. The game play, mechanics, and combat are all outstanding. If you are/were a fan of Diablo 2 then you owe it to yourself to give this a try. Whereas the graphics are not the photo-realism of modern games, I don't care a whit. I will take great game design over graphics any day of the week. And still, I don't mind the cartoony nature of the models, most of the environments look pretty good too. Seriously, don't waste your money on Diablo 3 (as I did..) - just load up Torchlight II and get clicking! Expand
  12. Dec 25, 2012
    Just picked this up the other week and I'd have to say it might be the most fun game I've played all year. I'm playing a fire "Embermage" who shoots flame spells and has a panther for a pet. The pets are nice because you can send them back to town to sell and buy things for you at vendors. You can also equip spells on your pet which they will cast in battle, so they end up being reallyJust picked this up the other week and I'd have to say it might be the most fun game I've played all year. I'm playing a fire "Embermage" who shoots flame spells and has a panther for a pet. The pets are nice because you can send them back to town to sell and buy things for you at vendors. You can also equip spells on your pet which they will cast in battle, so they end up being really helpful. The weapons and armor in Torchlight 2 are incredibly varied and I like the art work for them. The boss fights in this game are really well done, they feel like epic battles. In general I like the environments, although I would have liked to have seen one more Act, maybe in an expansion. The thing I like the most is the level of customization for your character. You can choose between various looks at the character creation screen, you can build them to use really whatever weapons you'd like, or shields. The game lets you play how you'd like to play. The play style seems to be fairly different for each character's spec, which is cool. The co-op is really fun and I believe supports up to 6 people in a game. The action is super smooth, I haven't had issues with the game stuttering or anything. For an indie game I'm really impressed at the level of polish, I haven't encountered any bugs that I can remember. Overall great game. Expand
  13. Dec 20, 2012
    Make no mistake: this game is better than it's direct opponent (aka Diablo III) in 2 of the 3 main points: gameplay and loot. However, it falls behind on the imersion thing: lore, history and characters. It's a great game, but after finishing it I had no desire to play it again. D3, on the other hand, I played til finish on Inferno, and that's saying a LOT about replayability. Sure, peopleMake no mistake: this game is better than it's direct opponent (aka Diablo III) in 2 of the 3 main points: gameplay and loot. However, it falls behind on the imersion thing: lore, history and characters. It's a great game, but after finishing it I had no desire to play it again. D3, on the other hand, I played til finish on Inferno, and that's saying a LOT about replayability. Sure, people likes to bash D3 because it's made by a rich and big company and defend the indie Torchlight, but in the end the games are almost equivalent on a final veredict. In short: Torchlight 2 is a better game, hands down. However, had Blizzard held back and launched D3 with all the features it haves now and without the anoying conection problems, I don't know if I could judge the games in the same way. Expand
  14. Dec 19, 2012
    While it lacks Diablo 3's looks with it's cartoon dayglow colours and simpler art style, it certainly makes up for it in every other way, the game is faster paced, feels more sturdy and sticks largely to the original diablo methods for skill trees and prgression. Loot side of things is right up there with Borderlands series.... theres simply tonnes of stuff, and thankfully without a godWhile it lacks Diablo 3's looks with it's cartoon dayglow colours and simpler art style, it certainly makes up for it in every other way, the game is faster paced, feels more sturdy and sticks largely to the original diablo methods for skill trees and prgression. Loot side of things is right up there with Borderlands series.... theres simply tonnes of stuff, and thankfully without a god aweful action house you have to actualy earn everything.

A perfect companion game to Diablo 3, different enough to feel different doing the same thing.
  15. Kyo
    Dec 17, 2012
    A lot of people like to compare this to Diablo 3 it is generally the same game, but Torchlight 2 does something that Diablo 3 failed to do; Make you want to play more of it. I got sick of Diablo 3 after nightmare mode, just playing the same damn game for the 3rd time in a row tired me out. I have played all of the classes in TL2 so that's 4 times and I still find something new I hadn't theA lot of people like to compare this to Diablo 3 it is generally the same game, but Torchlight 2 does something that Diablo 3 failed to do; Make you want to play more of it. I got sick of Diablo 3 after nightmare mode, just playing the same damn game for the 3rd time in a row tired me out. I have played all of the classes in TL2 so that's 4 times and I still find something new I hadn't the first time. New maps, new enemies, new weapons and armor. Every time you play this game something is always different and new. Killing enemies is very satisfying, hitting something with a giant two handed hammer and watching them blow up into bits of blood and flesh, is kind of awesome. The gameplay is much more fast paced it feels quick like you are a badass just mowing through enemies; It feels more like and action rpg then D3 did. And just being able to customize your characters stats and abilities is a big plus not just giving you a set of "use this, or this but that's it" like D3 had.

One big con for me is that you can't respec more than you 3 recent abilities. I can enjoy games like this more when I can get the most out of my character without having to start a new one, If I get bored of one spec I and try a different one, or try all 3 and see which one I like the most. That is fixed with a mod, but it would have been nice to have free range with that in game. Speaking of mods this game has a huge mod scene much like the first one which in my opinion keep the game alive longer, and I can expect that with the second. I can't wait to see what people come up with! Torchlight was a great game, but to me it always felt unfinished like it was missing the finale bit of polish or the finale bit of testing. Torchlight 2 fills that void I had felt with the first one it feels like a finished game, feels like a lot of work with into it, that they were making a game for the fans rather than money. They deserve all the good that has come there way with this game, and I can't wait to see this company's next installment!
  16. Dec 14, 2012
    There is something therapeutic about mass killing enemies with a Flame Hammer. :) The only things I wished this game had are classic characters like the barbarian or paladin. You have have your Berserker which is a werewolf like class and your engineer which looks like a human engineer from WoW. That is why I give this an 8 instead of a 10. Great game but needs more classes or different ones.
  17. Dec 10, 2012
    Ce jeux est grandement au dessu de mes attente. A assayer et si il y a quelque chose qui vous déplais ...autre que vous n'aimez pas ce type de jeux... aller voir sur le forum pour les mod. Probablement que quelqu'un dautre n'aime pas la meme chose et a fait un mod pour arranger ce leger défaut :-) juste parfait
  18. Dec 10, 2012
    If I could only say a sentence about it I'd say It wound disappoint you like Diablo III did.
    The loot you get won't be nerf'd all the time. Your gameplay won't be over controlled. And the very most important thing: you can actually have fun playing it.
    What else should you expect from a game?
  19. Dec 8, 2012
    Perfect 10! This game is amazing and got some very good improvements from the first series..If you really liked Diablo 2 (not 3 :P) then this game is for you. Everything is amazing in this game. The skills, the alchemies, the gems, the gear, THE GAMEPLAY!! dont get to say from the start that the graphics are for kids...damn! Its the gameplay that it counts..and after all the people who arePerfect 10! This game is amazing and got some very good improvements from the first series..If you really liked Diablo 2 (not 3 :P) then this game is for you. Everything is amazing in this game. The skills, the alchemies, the gems, the gear, THE GAMEPLAY!! dont get to say from the start that the graphics are for kids...damn! Its the gameplay that it counts..and after all the people who are complaining about the graphics are those who playing WOW and LOL ...I'm laughing at them so bad.. TL2 is an amazing game..only thing that misses is the ladder system! Expand
  20. Dec 2, 2012
    I waited until the steam autumn sale because this game came out right around the time of alot of heavy hitters like borderlands 2. That being said even at $19.99 this game is well worth the money and has far exceeded my expectations. I am pretty sure the creators of Torchlight are the minds behind Diablo 1 and Diablo 2. This game is pretty much what Diablo 3 should have been. In realityI waited until the steam autumn sale because this game came out right around the time of alot of heavy hitters like borderlands 2. That being said even at $19.99 this game is well worth the money and has far exceeded my expectations. I am pretty sure the creators of Torchlight are the minds behind Diablo 1 and Diablo 2. This game is pretty much what Diablo 3 should have been. In reality this game makes Diablo 3 feel like a souless cash grab. The love can be felt through the gameplay and the styling/design of the world. There are a few minor bugs and visual glitches which is why I could rate this a 9 but its really the really the only bad thing I can say so it stays a 10. Many of the complaints I see in these reviews would be resolved with viewing the controls screen and learning about things like holding **** while attacking. The music is fantastic, the graphics are very good, the story is decent and the gameplay is fantastic. I started out playing on Veteran and have not been dissapointed. Even when running through areas you already have its very common to see something you didn't the first time (if you reroll the world). The Pet inventory and spells are genius. Further, one of the best things in my mind is that loot does not bind to you when you put it on! You can use it and pass it along to friends. This game is an immediate buy if you liked Diablo 1 and/or 2. You should probably buy this if you and your fiends like games of this genre. Expand
  21. Dec 1, 2012
    Very similar to Diablo II in my opinion. More than just running around in one dungeon forever and ever. You travel to different areas with various dungeons and mini-areas. Very similar to the first Torchlight in the upgrade and inventory system. Many of the skills you can learn are not worth getting, so you end up upgrading 3 or 4 of the same ones over and over. Seems like this seriesVery similar to Diablo II in my opinion. More than just running around in one dungeon forever and ever. You travel to different areas with various dungeons and mini-areas. Very similar to the first Torchlight in the upgrade and inventory system. Many of the skills you can learn are not worth getting, so you end up upgrading 3 or 4 of the same ones over and over. Seems like this series is progressing the way the Diablo series did. After a while, it does get somewhat tedious, but all in all, a decent game. Expand
  22. Nov 30, 2012
    I was mindlessly addicted to this for several days when I first got it. It's more fun with more ppl to play with though, you may feel the same. Definitely a good purchase. The game can get repetitive but it's rewarding. Hardcore mode is...named appropriately lol.
  23. Nov 26, 2012
    After playing Diablo 3 for four plus months, I was surprised a game for $20 could offer me so much more for my money. I'm thrilled with Torchlight II's classes, skill trees, player choices from character creation to stat allocation, and the gargantuan open world. The game is absolutely huge, has tons and tons of content, and can be played offline so no more lag deaths, or lag period.
  24. Nov 24, 2012
    This is a very enjoyable aRPG game that I would recommend to any fan of the genre. It's got a very nice chunk of content, and takes roughly 15-25 hours to play through the game once. Even more on Elite difficulty which for me is the best experience.

This game is just oozing with personality and passion. If you at all liked the first Torchlight then this is an absolute must-buy. It does literally everything better than its predecessor.

Some great things I can say about this game:
    -A very satisfying level-system, giving you the freedom to allocate stat points and upgrade skills however you like. The skill tier bonuses makes upgrading much more enjoyable and interesting
    -Frantic action with tons of loot. Your screen will literally be showered with loot in many instances.
    -Challenging. One of the biggest problems I had with Diablo III was the fact that each character you created had to slug through normal and nightmare difficulty. In TL2 you can start on the hardest difficulty, ensuring a rewarding challenge throughout.
    -Very replayable. Each class plays drastically different, and each playthrough of the game feels fresh. With tons of different enemies, tons of different environments, tons of loot to find and plenty of easter-eggs to stumble across. This game can and will bring many hours of enjoyable video-game goodness.

25. Nov 22, 2012
    After spending $59.99 for Diablo III, I was reluctant to get this game. I am very glad I bought it. This game is plain FUN. Lots of loot, varied critters, interesting looking levels, and plenty of nail-biting moments. The graphics are cutesy/simple and very pleasing to the eye. Bosses are fun and creative! Downsides? Very minor ones. The mechanics are simple - kill monsters, grab loot,After spending $59.99 for Diablo III, I was reluctant to get this game. I am very glad I bought it. This game is plain FUN. Lots of loot, varied critters, interesting looking levels, and plenty of nail-biting moments. The graphics are cutesy/simple and very pleasing to the eye. Bosses are fun and creative! Downsides? Very minor ones. The mechanics are simple - kill monsters, grab loot, sell it, and gain experience. Over and over. The storyline is rather thin, and frankly, is not necessary to play the game. I would recommend this highly! Expand
  26. Nov 18, 2012
    For a game that took less than 2GB of my hard drive space, I was skeptical at first. I was sure it would be poor, because it would not have much content. I couldn't be more wrong. I started the game, it had different classes for choice, It took me less than a couple of minutes to adapt to the gameplay, and once I learned the basics I was addicted to the game. Smooth, easy to learn, butFor a game that took less than 2GB of my hard drive space, I was skeptical at first. I was sure it would be poor, because it would not have much content. I couldn't be more wrong. I started the game, it had different classes for choice, It took me less than a couple of minutes to adapt to the gameplay, and once I learned the basics I was addicted to the game. Smooth, easy to learn, but enough stuff to make it hard to master, plenty of loot, huge variety of items and monsters, great graphics, good enough campaign, and the awesome co-op play are the main points to make me love this game. It's actually very close to Borderlands in a lot of ways (I even found the claptrap as an easter egg), but in it's own way and genre. So, if you are looking for a game to spend some good time, either if you are a gamer or not, just play this game. You sure won't regret it. Expand
  27. Nov 18, 2012
    If you're curious about the negative rating on here - given before anybody but the lucky press (who have all had nothing but positive things to say) - it's called 'Blizzard Buyer's Remorse'. Silly rabbit, you can own both games. One doesn't have to be bad for you to feed good. Anyway, if you like aRPG's, there's no need to convince you with a long blob of text. This game will confid
  28. Nov 18, 2012
    Torchlight 2 is a really great game. An action Rpg, very similar to Diablo 2 in the gameplay, but with some little diferents, and a tons of fun. The game is veary cheap. You have 4 acts, and diferents dificulty level(the most dificult is no easy), and also you can do a new game+, ng++,ng+++,ng++++ etc.
    It's not like Diablo III, that make you farm like crazy, to get some gear or pay $$.
    If you like the arpgs this is an excellent game.
  29. Nov 16, 2012
    D3's graphics with Torchlights mechanics, get rid of the AH and you'd have one hell of a game.

Gameplay is solid
    Graphics are a little too cartoony
    Quest content and complexity is a little too childish
    Item variety is great
    Sound is decent

Overall its a great experience, and I look forward to jumping deeper into it this winter.
  30. Nov 13, 2012
    It's a good game. If you're fan of diablo series (NOT DIABLO 3) then buy it. It's definitely worth it. I don't really have anything to complain about this game, except the skills system.
  31. Nov 11, 2012
    Fantastic....improved over Torchlight as Diablo 2 improved over Diablo...an energetic ride that has serious game of the year cred. Let's hope the third game doesn't fail as miserably as Diablo 3.
  32. Nov 9, 2012
    Torchlight II is the best MMORPG game i ever played in my whole life. It definitely beats Diablo III because it has a lot of good sides like it is easier to level up and its way cheaper than Diablo III.
  33. Nov 7, 2012
    Fantastische game. Dit is zoals Diablo 3 had moeten zijn , sterker nog, dit is diablo 3 voor mij. Geen flauwekul voor online hoeven spelen of een auctionhouse element die de maandelijkse kosten van de servers hiervoor moet bekostigen. In dit spel zijn de sterke spelelementen van Diablo II in tact gelaten en de wat zwakkere elementen van deel 2 verbeterd. Klasse spel!!
  34. Nov 5, 2012
    Overall Torchlight 2 expands over the first one and improves in pretty much in every way, despite some network issues it may have from time to time, players will surely enjoy the multiplayer experiences and if not they can dabble on the single player experience which like the multiplayer can be experienced through different difficulties. You have a pretty decent customization options forOverall Torchlight 2 expands over the first one and improves in pretty much in every way, despite some network issues it may have from time to time, players will surely enjoy the multiplayer experiences and if not they can dabble on the single player experience which like the multiplayer can be experienced through different difficulties. You have a pretty decent customization options for your characters and can easily build up any class in any possible way. The graphical details have improved from the game, the sound effects and music are kept the similar to the first game. Pretty much TL2 consists of all the good aspects of TL1 plus more. Expand
  35. Nov 2, 2012
    This game is amazing, is what all fans of diablo (yes i'm quoting diablo here cuz diablo3 was such a let down) been expecting. Is amazingly fun, and it actually has loot!! really polished and i really dig all about the game. There is so much to do and so much options to build your character that you'll never be bored.
    And for 20 bucks is a steal, and i'm sure there will be some steam sale
    And for 20 bucks is a steal, and i'm sure there will be some steam sale around the corner soon. So no excuse to not buying it, if you are into rpg and you liked diablo 1 and 2 you definitely should get torchlight 2.
  36. Oct 30, 2012
    This game is the true Diablo II successor that is all there is to it, made by the same guys who led Diablo II, the game is fun with a lot of replayability is only $20, I don't regret buying Diablo III but I am more hooked and had more fun with this game
  37. Oct 30, 2012
    Amazing game that deserves the 10/10. Right from the start you are enthralled with tons of loot, upgrading your character, and a decent enough storey to keep you on track. The main enjoyment comes from collecting all the tantalizing loot. Trying to find that next big item. And for the first time in a while ,a game that includes set pieces that you can actually collect! Feels great to get aAmazing game that deserves the 10/10. Right from the start you are enthralled with tons of loot, upgrading your character, and a decent enough storey to keep you on track. The main enjoyment comes from collecting all the tantalizing loot. Trying to find that next big item. And for the first time in a while ,a game that includes set pieces that you can actually collect! Feels great to get a full set of armour designed for your class and play style. I get that at times the game was easy, but not mind numbing enough to turn me away what so ever. Beat the game in around 25hrs with my two handed wielding engineer. Love this game. Expand
  38. Oct 22, 2012
    Finally a true successor of Diablo2 ! This game should be officially call Diablo 3, perfect game play, customization attribute and skill combination,and u can choose offline or online play, no fuxking real $$ AH, if u want some good gear in D3, jus pay from yr pocket, but in TL2, you'll jus need to spend more enjoying time to play the game! The only things that some people will complainFinally a true successor of Diablo2 ! This game should be officially call Diablo 3, perfect game play, customization attribute and skill combination,and u can choose offline or online play, no fuxking real $$ AH, if u want some good gear in D3, jus pay from yr pocket, but in TL2, you'll jus need to spend more enjoying time to play the game! The only things that some people will complain definitely is the cartoonish graphic , but know this, this is call ''Torchlight style''! Are u going to tell me that all the game have cartoonish graphic is sucks ? Reasonable? Expand
  39. Oct 16, 2012
    Great game!!! Played it start to finish twice with my wife and we both luv it. Not super complex, not super hard to play, lots of different builds seem to work well. Good hack and slash dungeon crawler at an unbelievable price. I could see hard core gamers finding it a little trivial but we luv it as a fast paced run, hack and slash. The graphics are so good we find ourselves stoppingGreat game!!! Played it start to finish twice with my wife and we both luv it. Not super complex, not super hard to play, lots of different builds seem to work well. Good hack and slash dungeon crawler at an unbelievable price. I could see hard core gamers finding it a little trivial but we luv it as a fast paced run, hack and slash. The graphics are so good we find ourselves stopping often just to appreciate the artwork in different areas. Best game $ I've spent in a long time. Expand
  40. Oct 14, 2012
    This game just FEELS right. I've never been a fan of the "click on things until they die" genre, but Torchlight II is seriously satisfying to play. Especially with friends in multiplayer. A word to the wise: Play on Veteran, or even Elite, never Normal mode. It's more fun with a bit of a challenge.

Don't go into this game expecting a story, though. It's all "go into that cave, bring back my MacGuffin!" They've done the bare minimum to get you into the real meat of the game, which is some great dungeon crawling leading to epic boss battles.

If you've got 3 gamer friends, try to go in for a 4-pack on steam for the discounted price and play together online or on LAN.
  41. Oct 13, 2012
    Damn, get this, for $19 its the best duckets you will ever spend... D3 for $60 ...hehe RIP!! If you are a big fan of titan quest and any Diablo title, torchlight 2 will blow you away....period!
  42. Oct 13, 2012
    Torchlight II, the $20 game that outshines your $60/per game collection by a long shot. Runic games once again proves they are a major player when it comes to creating an amazing game that the gamers WANT. Every tiny detail in Torchlight II is masterfully created and fine tuned. The scenery is gorgeous, the graphics are stylish and flush, and the gameplay speaks to you in a way that get'sTorchlight II, the $20 game that outshines your $60/per game collection by a long shot. Runic games once again proves they are a major player when it comes to creating an amazing game that the gamers WANT. Every tiny detail in Torchlight II is masterfully created and fine tuned. The scenery is gorgeous, the graphics are stylish and flush, and the gameplay speaks to you in a way that get's your mojo flowing.. if you know what I mean. This game is not for people with slow reaction times or people with weak arms. You'll be gloriously hyper-clicking your heart away as you evade and damage your enemies with lightning fast maneuverability abilities. Each class to choose from comes packed with amazing spells and such, and there's no limit to what you can create. Each character class is fully attributable in customization and each class has 3 unique talent trees to fill out over the course of level 1-100. Beating the game means nothing, Mapworks provides you with a map vendor who sells you dungeon scrolls to keep slaying baddies and stocking up that loot. Game getting to easy? No problem, hop into 6 player online co-op and start getting your face rolled on Elite Difficulty (Hardcore YOLO mode optional) or start the New Game+ mode where you re-roll the game map to randomize it a little and start the single player story over again, this time the monsters are stronger and you get to keep your stats and gear to bring them down again for even more powerful items. It's a joyous experience this entire game, the almost near perfect score I give this game suffers from only 1 thing, and that is the lackluster storytelling. While many Torchlight 1 fans will follow through the storytelling without too much confusion, there's much left open to anyone who's never traversed the lands of Torchlight. This game is huge.. and by huge I mean REALLY REALLY BIG. Every nook and cranny should be explored, there's hundreds of secret rooms, easter eggs, and unique items just waiting to be found. Keep a keen eye on everything, you won't be disappointed when you realize you can in fact put that lotion in the bucket and receive a Buffalo Bill parody mask. Seriously, why are you still reading this mini review? Go buy the game already! Okay, so more information.. this game is filled to the brim with loot, and that's not a bad thing. Items are already identified if they are worse than the gear you already have equipped. This is so you know that when you pick something special up and have to identify it you know it's got some worth. You get a pet, you can choose between hawks, dogs, cats, panthers, ferrets, whatever. Your pet is your go to guy, he/she can hold your excess loot, haul it back to town for you and sell it, and even bring you some potions/scrolls if you want to make a shopping list for him. Hell, the only time you ever really need to go back to town is when your inventory is filled with super rares and gems. I'm a little bit of a Torchlight fanboy, I'll admit that.. but I have every reason to be after the disaster D3 was. The original creators of Diablo 1 and 2 are the same people who made Torchlight. We all love D2 right? Exactly, now go let Runic take your money. If this game disappoints you, you have no soul... this is the spiritual successor of the Diablo franchise. Support game companies like Runic, they are the future of keeping games made for gamers. Expand
  43. Oct 12, 2012
    For 20 dollars there is not a ARPG that comes close to beating TL2. This game is fun as hell polished and after 50 hours im not even lose to bored yet. This game is my game of the year and deserves 10/10.
  44. Oct 12, 2012
    Overall I feel that this game is a well-polished version of the first game. The technical aspects are all perfect. No obvious bugs or quirks, incredibly smooth and solid gameplay. All of the 'little things' were tended to.
    I was hoping for a little more graphical improvement. The graphics were definitely smoothed out and the effects are more detailed than before. Personally the art style isn't really my cup of tea. I don't mind 'artistic' renderings but everything seems like a Disney cartoon with a few splotches of blood thrown in the mix. The women are rather scantily dressed but they look like little kids with cleavage. I say keep the art but make it look more like a dungeon crawler theme. I mean the game is based on wandering around and murdering everything in sight.
    I have enjoyed it but after reaching level 40 I don't feel inclined to continue on. The story is incredibly weak and the characters are completely forgettable. I have almost no connection to the hero under my control. In the end though I am giving this game a high rating because technically speaking it was delivered to me perfect. So far there have been 3 updates all of which have fixed problems I never experienced or adjusted some gameplay mechanics. And the best part for Runic is that they only charged me $20. Last year I was raped by Rage and Skyrim having paid full price for pre-orders; games I bought blindly because I had followed the developers since the beginning and had always been thoroughly amazed with their games. Is Torchlight 2 amazing?
  45. Oct 12, 2012
    What diablo 3 should have been. Local lan support, no stupid blizzard drm, reasonably prized, no cash auction house. 10 out of 10 and a huge jump in quality and polish from the prev one
  46. Oct 11, 2012
    Torchlight 2 is an action roleplaying game sequel to Torchlight, which does an exceptional job on expanding on the original game. On its own merit, price point, style, and overall quality, it is a highly enjoyable, ARPG with a vast amount of replay value and reeks of quality (even or especially at $20). For the past week I've been running through the game at different levels, hardcoreTorchlight 2 is an action roleplaying game sequel to Torchlight, which does an exceptional job on expanding on the original game. On its own merit, price point, style, and overall quality, it is a highly enjoyable, ARPG with a vast amount of replay value and reeks of quality (even or especially at $20). For the past week I've been running through the game at different levels, hardcore mode, multiple characters etc, and what I've found is that the game plays great, has not crashed once, and delivers on improving what Runic started with Torchlight. I do enjoy the visual style and ambiance of the game (Wow comparisons aside, as Wow didn't invent a cartoony/streamlined style), although it may not be for everyone, it does come across well and consistent throughout the game, although most of the time the finer details of my character are lost anyway as I tend to zoom out to the farthest extent when playing. Runic has done a very good job with this game, listened to what the community wanted, and provided (more or less) exactly what they promised. TL 2 is not a revolutionary game, but then again, not every game has to be. It is fun, fast-paced, highly enjoyable, does not have any real money transactions (I do not like them) and brings the most important concept to the forefront: Its freakin fun. And I haven't even had a chance to play co-op yet. All in all this game has the potential to be one of the games you look back on as a classic, as Runic has created a game with little or no caveats for the player, just pure fun. The only real criticism I have is of the voice acting, which runs the gamut from fair to bland, and the story itself. It's not that its bad in any form, but it doesn't really catch you in the way games like Mass Effect do. Thankfully, the game is pretty straightforward with the telling of the story and doesn't seem to dwell unnecessarily on needless dialogue, leaving you more time to focus on the fighting/looting/leveling cycle, while still getting the overall gist of the story. To its credit, it does have some twists to it, which does add some interest, although it won't blow you out of the water. I anticipate that once the mod community gets their creative hands on this game, depending on how extensive the mod tools are, you will be able to change the game in ways that only people who play Oblivion/Morrowind/etc on the PC will know. One final note: the music...is...amazing. That's all that needs to be said other then the fact that I highly recommend this game Expand
  47. Oct 11, 2012
    Awesome successor of Torchlight. If you like Action RPG with colorful cartoon-like graphics, fast paced action and tons of loot to sort through this game is a must have. I in particular enjoy the freedom regarding skills. You don't have to go through a hole tree to get to the good stuff - this enables really interesting builds, and rewards replays. Beside size of the world, multiplayerAwesome successor of Torchlight. If you like Action RPG with colorful cartoon-like graphics, fast paced action and tons of loot to sort through this game is a must have. I in particular enjoy the freedom regarding skills. You don't have to go through a hole tree to get to the good stuff - this enables really interesting builds, and rewards replays. Beside size of the world, multiplayer support is the biggest changes compared to the first part of the series. Hopefully Runic will add Steam Workshop support sometime.

For the current price at about 20 USD it's quite a steal and will entertain you for a long time.
  48. Oct 10, 2012
    I didn't play TL1 to any great extent. In fact, it was quite boring and repetetive. I kept an eye on Runic's plans for TL2 as they looked to be quite ambitious in comparison to the first entry of this series. I didn't take part in any beta events, and I bought the game on day one of release.........................I think the main point of focus when looking at TL2 is it's price vsI didn't play TL1 to any great extent. In fact, it was quite boring and repetetive. I kept an eye on Runic's plans for TL2 as they looked to be quite ambitious in comparison to the first entry of this series. I didn't take part in any beta events, and I bought the game on day one of release.........................I think the main point of focus when looking at TL2 is it's price vs product. For £15 it offers up a well polished game. Many will compare it to Diablo 3, which for my money, Blizzard failed to deliver anything like what I'd hoped, and if you are compelled to compare the two, then the first port of call is on loot. D3 absolutely failed on loot throughout it's entirety, and TL2 is the complete opposite. Plenty of loot drops that are relevant to your level and character...................Graphically TL2 has a less realistic feel to it, and is, strangely enough more comparable with Warcraft games. It is probably a required taste, but you soon lose yourself inside the game's various areas and dungeons......................As far as gameplay is concerned, well it's pretty standard fare for this genre, and I'd say gamers of any level can easily pick it up and play. As far as combat goes, it's pretty simple, and is probably where it lets itself down - but only slightly. Pretty much everything i've encountered so far on my Engineer is simply a case of spamming and running, but then again, I'm only about 10 hours or so into the game. Maybe later on, or on a more difficult setting everything might get ramped up - or might require some thought into how to defeat the bosses..................Finally, co-op play. For a game to include this at this price is quite rare, and a definate plus for Runic games' reputation. I've only tried it a couple of times, but it worked fine for me, and when you think back to only last year with Dungeon Siege 3 - which was a full priced supposed AAA title, where you had to stay in a limited area on the same screen as your compadres, how Runic have implemented it how they have on such a small budget shoud really make some developers sit back and rethink there approach as to what gamers want. If you deliver cr*p, then gamers will remember and speak with their wallets next time around - ie: they won't buy....................................So, TL:DR - TL2 is a welcome addition in the genre, something that I think I could put alongside Titan Quest as a winner in this genre....... Buy it - you won't be disappointed. Expand
  49. Oct 9, 2012
    Torchlight II is clearly the best Hack and Slay game since Diablo 2. It brings much needed changes to the classic game mechanics like limited respec (3 skills) for people who want to try without getting penalized for it later in the game. But it stays true to the things that make a Diablo style hack and slay game good. The pet reliefs you from the trips back to town to sell whatever isTorchlight II is clearly the best Hack and Slay game since Diablo 2. It brings much needed changes to the classic game mechanics like limited respec (3 skills) for people who want to try without getting penalized for it later in the game. But it stays true to the things that make a Diablo style hack and slay game good. The pet reliefs you from the trips back to town to sell whatever is cluttering your inventory or to buy new potions. So you can keep on slaying those monsters. And speaking of monsters there are TONS of them and every monster feels unique and has one or more special attack. It's never just another guy who will try to hit you with a mace. On the first playthrough I thought noumerous times that I just encountered a small boss but it was just a regular monster with awesome attacks. It is amazing how much love they put in those side quests. You'll see quest bosses that will blow your mind and there are secret rooms and things to explore everywhere. If you like Eastereggs you will live Torchlight 2. The classes feel refreshing and new. The engineer is a nice mix between a hard hitting two hander / tanking and summoning class but has some ranged skills too (Canons!). The item and loot system is also very good. You can play for 30 minutes and it never feels like you wasted your time. You'll still have progressed a little and probably found some useful items.

The only thing that I'd like to have in Torchlight 2 is that NG+s ( replay the story with existing character on higher difficulty due to higher monster level ) play a bit different than the first play through. In Diablo 2 you'd face monsteres from other Acts earlier and they would have immunities or multiple affixes ( Extra Fast, immune vs. Fire, Lightning Enchanted etc.) and maps would get bigger on higher difficulties. With Torchlight 2 the monsters will simply deal more damage and take less damage. Other than that awesome game.... oh and it's a real bargin!
  50. Oct 9, 2012
    My thoughts about this game were crystalized while playing with my wife. Steam went down. Our LAN game kept right on working as if nothing had ever happened... unlike with Diablo 3, where a server hiccup gets you killed. I could stop there, but the game is more fun, the items are more enjoyable to find due to more interesting effects, building up a character is more fun (and permanent).My thoughts about this game were crystalized while playing with my wife. Steam went down. Our LAN game kept right on working as if nothing had ever happened... unlike with Diablo 3, where a server hiccup gets you killed. I could stop there, but the game is more fun, the items are more enjoyable to find due to more interesting effects, building up a character is more fun (and permanent). Sure the graphics are simpler, but they work really well and for $20 they're definitely up to the task. The bottom line here is that this is what DIablo 3 should have been. Expand
  51. Oct 8, 2012
    If you don't know what to do, i tell you, PLAY THIS GAME, it is pretty awesome, the graphics, the characters, the action, the music, everything is AWESOME, just AWESOME, i made a "OutLander" and God, i really want to play this all the day, i really really really enjoy this game. Play It, You'll Love IT!
  52. Oct 8, 2012
    This game getes a 10/10. I've played it since the release and I've played over 40 hours, and counting. Customization, great multiplayer, exploration, great rewards, fast leveling, and insane skills make this game a must-have. I can make a tank with ANY class, I can make a DPS with ANY class, I can make an Elemental DPS with ANY class, I can make an all-around with ANY class, etc. ThisThis game getes a 10/10. I've played it since the release and I've played over 40 hours, and counting. Customization, great multiplayer, exploration, great rewards, fast leveling, and insane skills make this game a must-have. I can make a tank with ANY class, I can make a DPS with ANY class, I can make an Elemental DPS with ANY class, I can make an all-around with ANY class, etc. This game offers the customization that D3 SHOULD have had. If you liked D2, you will LOVE this. Expand
  53. Oct 7, 2012
    This game deserves the scores it's gotten. It's not revolutionary, but it downright what you want from an RPG. The skill based system, character classes, and ability to mod the game, give it a great replay value. If you bought the game with steam, I am sure you know that it's coming to steam workshop. The community will be bringing endless add-ons to this game for free, making it almost aThis game deserves the scores it's gotten. It's not revolutionary, but it downright what you want from an RPG. The skill based system, character classes, and ability to mod the game, give it a great replay value. If you bought the game with steam, I am sure you know that it's coming to steam workshop. The community will be bringing endless add-ons to this game for free, making it almost a perfect buy. For only 20 dollars, it brings so much to the table, you would be stupid not to buy the game. Even if you are a beginner to the RPG genre, this game can quite possibly be a perfect starter for your experiences in the RPG worlds. Expand
  54. Oct 7, 2012
    This the "Alternate" Diablo universe or should i say Diablo in "economy" class, since the price is cheaper and it requires lower rig of PC. The looting, the gameplay and the addiction level is almost the same as Diablo series. The only obvious difference is the graphics. You can zoom in and out your characters which is very cool.
  55. Oct 7, 2012
    Very enjoyable. I've not tried playing online yet, but I am really enjoying single player. My only complaint is that higher difficulty levels don't up the AI factor, instead just increase enemy stats and reduce your own level, essentially forcing players to not only do all side-quests, but reach a point of being underleveled and needing to farm experience.
  56. Oct 7, 2012
    It has got the spirit of old D1 & D2. Way better play experience than D3. It has got the heart. Gamer's choice. Recommended to any old school Diablo fan. The right vibe is there.
  57. Oct 6, 2012
    Fantastically engaging dungeon crawler with strong randomisation that allows for real replayability. Although the story is somewhat passable, the gameplay and character design more than makes up for this and for 20 dollars you just can't beat it
  58. Oct 6, 2012
    Massively, massively fun. If the DRM--oops, 'always online feature' and RMAH of D3 pissed you off as much as they did me, give Torchlight 2 a shot. I love the loot drops--plentiful, fun, and with points that are USEFUL FOR MY CLASS, hint hint Blizz--and the LAN. No more dying to mobs offscreen because Blizz can't keep latency on their end working for my benefit. It's nice to be ableMassively, massively fun. If the DRM--oops, 'always online feature' and RMAH of D3 pissed you off as much as they did me, give Torchlight 2 a shot. I love the loot drops--plentiful, fun, and with points that are USEFUL FOR MY CLASS, hint hint Blizz--and the LAN. No more dying to mobs offscreen because Blizz can't keep latency on their end working for my benefit. It's nice to be able to pick your gender (can't help it, got to be able to play as a girl or I get bummed out) and my husband and I are playing the **** out of this. It's everything that D3 should have been but wasn't. Lots of hidden rooms, portal beasts opening up new maps and all kinds of goodies. Plus, you can mod it. Need I say more? This game will be around for a long time. Good job, Runic. For 19.99 you can't go wrong with this one. Just don't let EA or Activision buy you out. Expand
  59. Oct 6, 2012
    A top-down dungeon crawling rpg that's an improvement on the original. Most combat skills play off of one another, (I.E. one will perform fire damage while another increases fire damage you do). Loot rains down by the chestfulls, and the game likes to stick in references to things like Minecraft and Skyrim. There is, however, a huge limitation on respecing abilities, which forces,A top-down dungeon crawling rpg that's an improvement on the original. Most combat skills play off of one another, (I.E. one will perform fire damage while another increases fire damage you do). Loot rains down by the chestfulls, and the game likes to stick in references to things like Minecraft and Skyrim. There is, however, a huge limitation on respecing abilities, which forces, rather than encourages, replay. Multiplayer is also limited to other players who have the same level of "New Game" as you, meaning if you started up NG+, you can only play with others who have started NG+ as well. The gameplay is fun, and the environment interesting, though its story lacks depth, or sense at certain points. Expand
  60. Oct 6, 2012
    This game is just great! The reason i bought it was not only because it was cheap, but also because i liked playing Diablo 3. The only problem was that Diablo 3 was getting very boring after a while. Torchlight 2 is very nice!! :)
  61. Oct 6, 2012
    Torchlight 2 has all the ingredients for the perfect ARPG. Runic games updates frequently the game to assure that there are no problems, and they have a fantastic support service. I'm betting that they will release an expansion pack, and posibly with a PVP option. And the possibilities with the mod tools are endless.
  62. Oct 6, 2012
    This game is simply amazing. It is simple yet there is so much content to be had/explored. For the price point of $20 it doesn't get any better than this! These guys are ex-Diablo developers and it shows. If you played and didn't love TL1 dw, this game is head and shoulders above anything TL was! It is, imo, also way better and more fun than Diablo 3. It has a longer campaign, moreThis game is simply amazing. It is simple yet there is so much content to be had/explored. For the price point of $20 it doesn't get any better than this! These guys are ex-Diablo developers and it shows. If you played and didn't love TL1 dw, this game is head and shoulders above anything TL was! It is, imo, also way better and more fun than Diablo 3. It has a longer campaign, more variety of mobs, more loot, more bosses and at times harder challenges. It is surely less polygons than D3 and has less engaging story than D3 (imo D3 already has a very weak story line) but the art style really grows on you and start loving it. It is very varied and never boring. The prospect of new features added by both Runic and the community through modding is such an exciting one! I can't express how glad I am that I actually made that $20 purchase. Absolutely worth it, especially if you like Diablo style ARPG. It is the epitome of it! Expand
  63. Oct 5, 2012
    10/10 Amazing game. Feels like diablo 2. Everything is perfect
    DEFINITE BUY. PERFECT DUNGEON CRAWL Worth much more than 20$. I cant believe I wasted 60$ on diablo 3!!!!
  64. Oct 5, 2012
    Yup, definitely giving this a 10.

It's got everything that made the original game so good and a whole list of excellent new features that make it even more of a joy to play. The graphics and animations are spectacular, the sound effects are meaty and satisfying and the steam-punk style artwork is top-notch. There is an over-whelming amount of really cool loot to pick up, some of
    Yup, definitely giving this a 10.

There is an over-whelming amount of really cool loot to pick up, some of which gives nods to other games and pop-culture. The monsters are appropriately challenging and there is a huge amount of them onscreen pretty much all the time. Some of the bosses are *massive* and even the areas are diverse and interesting. Finally, the biggest selling points for me would have to be the possibility of playing offline, the excellent multi-player and the brilliant decision to allow for modding. It's amazing what Runic has done with this game, and it's previous entry, compared to Diablo 3's massive budget, this proves that an indy game can be every bit as good, if not better than the big name studios.
  65. Oct 5, 2012
    Something interesting...Digital Spy a "Critic" review gave Torchlight II, a 20$ game a 60/100 because it's not innovative, which in fact it is. The same company gave Diablo III an 80/100. Simply put, there are morons out in this world that have no clue how to be a critic and give an unbiased review. The fans couldn't have asked more out of a $20 game and I got more than I wanted playingSomething interesting...Digital Spy a "Critic" review gave Torchlight II, a 20$ game a 60/100 because it's not innovative, which in fact it is. The same company gave Diablo III an 80/100. Simply put, there are morons out in this world that have no clue how to be a critic and give an unbiased review. The fans couldn't have asked more out of a $20 game and I got more than I wanted playing Torchlight II. At least it has meaningful skill trees and stat points, and of course PvP, more than you could say for the "highly polished" Diablo III in the words of Digital Spy... Expand
  66. Oct 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Having played the whole Diablo series not since beginning but close enough to, since I was only 5 or 6, I believe that torchlight 2 is what people were expecting diablo 3 to be like. Given Blizzard North(For the most part) made this game, it is no surprise that it is like this. However, unlike previous games, of this sort, difficulties are set at level 1, rather than being set at the final completion of the storyline in each difficulty(normal/nightmare/hell etc. The speed or pace of the game is quite fast, faster than that of the diablo series but there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. It gives players the feeling that they're completing the storyline or quests quicker than what they would, but as people know.. "Time flies when you're having fun". Much like Diablo 2, the "endgame" mapworks, is a lot like a baal run, repetitive but quick and easy enough to do it over and over again. The maps vary between 5 possible maps, but multiple outcomes on each and level difficulties are planted in the map title. This is obviously quite newbie friendly and much like other parts of the game are a great addition.

The only problem I personally have and am unsure if others have this problem too, is that multiplayer can be quite 'iffy' to say the least. When connecting to a game on multiplayer that someone else has created, you can get either a inability to connect, very long load screen(1-5 mins) or a smooth running game.

With all this being said and the only issue is online play (which is expected with player hosted servers), I will gladly give this a 9/10 overall, but 10/10 gameplay as I am a huge fanboy of Blizzard North.
  67. Oct 4, 2012
    Okay, so I had a weird start with this game, and I'm just here to amend my original review, which was a measly six. Now, my original issue was that the controls felt sluggish, and I still stand by that claim, but after about 10 hours or so, you get used to them... or perhaps you roll a class that feels good to you. Well, now I've done that, I've found the sword and board Engineer, and I'mOkay, so I had a weird start with this game, and I'm just here to amend my original review, which was a measly six. Now, my original issue was that the controls felt sluggish, and I still stand by that claim, but after about 10 hours or so, you get used to them... or perhaps you roll a class that feels good to you. Well, now I've done that, I've found the sword and board Engineer, and I'm have a ridiculous amount of fun here. The game is awesome. Just fun, fun fun fun. I've given up D3 in favor of this game, sad to say. The guys at Runic really understand what makes a game like this tick. It's the loot, mostly. :P And building a character is actually REALLY fun. Stat points! YEAH! Expand
  68. Oct 3, 2012
    Torchlight 2 is what Diablo 3 should've been. Also, I have one word for you: Mods!
    This game will have a higher replay value than both Borderlands 2 & Diablo 3 combined! (Atleast for me.)
  69. Oct 3, 2012
    For real, this game is all i wanted diablo 3 to be.
    Awesome gameplay, nice skill-trees, interesting quests, great item-drop (so, i can wear myself, is it great? yes, its awesome), perfect stylish graphics and.. BOSSES. Yes, i'm playing Hardcore Elite only, and these bros makes me sick, i'm afraid of them. Torchlight 2 is the greatest action-RPG game after Diablo 2 LoD was released.
  70. Oct 3, 2012
    Outstanding ARPG Dungeon Crawler. 20 Bucks is such a low price for the games worth. I would pay a full 60 for this. Having a blast. Def check this game out.
  71. Oct 2, 2012
    This game is really really addictive and a real challenge in Elite.
    I am enjoying playing this game and its been like 2 years i havent enjoying that much.
    Its just what D3 should have been!
    A very good surprise!
  72. Oct 2, 2012
    I have spent only a few hours in the game but I'm very familiar with Diablo 1 and 2 so I can compare. I had this game preordered (and got Torchlight 1 for free) after I played demo of Torchlight 1 on Steam.
    I read some articles about development of this game (the first one) and you can clearly see that this game has been created with passion and by gamers for gamers - and money came sort of accidentally with it.
    Diablo III is the true opposite - capture most of the market get the money and run far far away. If you know what "pump and dump" means you get the idea...
    I can recommend this game to anyone who liked pre-Diablo III games.
  73. Oct 2, 2012
    The game is solid all the way around. I only drop 9/10 because I like my graphics on the dark horror side of things. Good job Runic, will defiantly check out your next release.
  74. Oct 2, 2012
    This is a great game and everything I hoped for. I purchased the four pack and I play LAN games with my daughters and wife. We have had a packet of fun. My youngest is 6 and even she can play casual level - well worth it.
  75. Oct 2, 2012
    I sunk 80 hours into this game. For 19 Euros this game was a steal. The gameplay is simple yet addicting. The itemprogression is what keeps you busy and constantly hunting for more and better items. The dungeons and bosses are way more versatile and interesting than the first game. The story is irrelevant in this game and not worth mentioning. It's a great game and for that price everyoneI sunk 80 hours into this game. For 19 Euros this game was a steal. The gameplay is simple yet addicting. The itemprogression is what keeps you busy and constantly hunting for more and better items. The dungeons and bosses are way more versatile and interesting than the first game. The story is irrelevant in this game and not worth mentioning. It's a great game and for that price everyone should pick it up. Expand
  76. Oct 2, 2012
    This game is BRILLIANT! It is not as visually spectacular as Diablo 3 but anyway it's amazing how much you can squeeze from a lower budget when u have a proper development team. I never got into Torchlight 1, it was too "generic" and cartoony for me but this time they got it right. There are 4 classes, I picked an engineer and I can see i could do like 5-6 different builds playingThis game is BRILLIANT! It is not as visually spectacular as Diablo 3 but anyway it's amazing how much you can squeeze from a lower budget when u have a proper development team. I never got into Torchlight 1, it was too "generic" and cartoony for me but this time they got it right. There are 4 classes, I picked an engineer and I can see i could do like 5-6 different builds playing completely different styles. There is no respec so you need to think about your choices and even if you screw up you will know better next time - it was actually fun discovering the build possibilities on my own without any guides again. Just like in good old Diablo 2 days. Unfortunately, old school dungeon crawlers are not something I'm willing to invest time in but if you have a spare evening and don't know what to do - try T2. It's awesome. It has internet play and it costs £15 on steam. The only downside of this game is story - completely uninspiring and dull. I stopped reading quest text after first 30 minutes. That's why I give it a 9. Expand
  77. Oct 1, 2012
    This game is the true successor to Diablo II, but even though its story/characters/combat (not as smooth or fluent) fall below Diablo III, it is still a great title. This game excels at everything that Diablo III tried to be great at. It has challenging combat, great itemization/randomized areas, single-player (no forced online connection), and most of all no gold-based progression. TheThis game is the true successor to Diablo II, but even though its story/characters/combat (not as smooth or fluent) fall below Diablo III, it is still a great title. This game excels at everything that Diablo III tried to be great at. It has challenging combat, great itemization/randomized areas, single-player (no forced online connection), and most of all no gold-based progression. The combat feels a lot less polished than Diablo III, but it makes up for it by making it more engaging and less frustrating. You can pick any difficulty you want without having to play through the game several times to reach or unlock it. This is a definite game to buy if you love ARPGs. It was designed by the man responsible for the first two Diablos, and made by a small team of thirty that are better than Blizzard. Expand
  78. Oct 1, 2012
    ARPG perfection. Beautiful art style, endless loot to collect, LAN play, Single player offline play, moddable, wonderful music, 6 player co-op - all for 20 dollars? I for one am very glad I decided to skip Diablo III (at 60 dollars? huh?) and patiently waited for this. Great job Runic!
  79. Oct 1, 2012
    Excellent game, I played and adored torchlight but this. This is ~500% better than it's predecessor. Buying this game is a must (or torrent it but then buy). 10/10 without any doubt!
  80. Sep 30, 2012
    Best $20 I've spent in a long time. As 1 of only 3 people to have NEVER played the Diablo series, I have no way of knowing how it compares. However, this game does bear many similarities to Dungeon Runners, that short lived MMO by NCSoft. But TL2 is a lot better by comparison. The monsters, boss fights, loot, game play, and landscapes are far more interesting, yet both make (or *made*Best $20 I've spent in a long time. As 1 of only 3 people to have NEVER played the Diablo series, I have no way of knowing how it compares. However, this game does bear many similarities to Dungeon Runners, that short lived MMO by NCSoft. But TL2 is a lot better by comparison. The monsters, boss fights, loot, game play, and landscapes are far more interesting, yet both make (or *made* in the case of DR) it very easy to jump in and start fighting, either alone or with others. Both games had a very similar art style, reminiscent of WOW, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Expand
  81. Sep 30, 2012
    My Torchlight II review was deleted for some reason. It was rated very high as being a helpful review. I don't understand why it was deleted. Is Metacritic censoring people now? That's not a good way to get an accurate community opinion, but whatever, Metacritic is not the website that I thought it was.... Anyway, Im giving Torchlight II a 10 out of 10 because it is just plain fun, thereMy Torchlight II review was deleted for some reason. It was rated very high as being a helpful review. I don't understand why it was deleted. Is Metacritic censoring people now? That's not a good way to get an accurate community opinion, but whatever, Metacritic is not the website that I thought it was.... Anyway, Im giving Torchlight II a 10 out of 10 because it is just plain fun, there is no other way to describe it. I don't understand how Blizzard took some 10 years to release a $60 game that failed so badly, while Runic took less than 3 years to release a $20 game that is universally loved. I feel sorry for all the people that were pulled into Diablo 3 by all the nostalgia only to find a real money pay to win auction house, and a constantly online DRM system designed to punish people that actually bought the game. Runic really likes their fans, and everything about Torchlight II shows that they really listen to them. Thank you Runic for showing the world how game companies are supposed to operate. Blizzard may have made more money by selling fake nostalgia, but Runic gained a lot more fans by selling a real product. Expand
  82. Sep 30, 2012
    This game is great because of its nice graphics meaty action and the large amount of items you can have in the game. the demo is amazing because if you done want to pay for the game but you want to play a small amount of it you can the demo has a resanable size and with the four different charecters it has a fair amount of replayability. Overall great game. Definetly worth trying the demo.
  83. Sep 30, 2012
    Torchlight 2 brings ARPG gameplay to players at its best, the way in which enemies explode in gold or items makes the game incredibly exciting and challenging at the same time compared to torchlight 1 the difficulty of torchlight 2 makes the player feel threatened by even the smallest of enemies while still giving th player a sense of power over the environment. The newly fashioned coopTorchlight 2 brings ARPG gameplay to players at its best, the way in which enemies explode in gold or items makes the game incredibly exciting and challenging at the same time compared to torchlight 1 the difficulty of torchlight 2 makes the player feel threatened by even the smallest of enemies while still giving th player a sense of power over the environment. The newly fashioned coop mode adds a whole new level of enjoyment to the game playing with up to 6 people at once you get to collaborate with each other to fight bosses and share gear. I find the replayibility of the game incredibly high since release i've played hardcore mode on veteren 6 times with friends on coop and each of the times i've felt an equal or even higher sense of satisfaction from the game. The classes are incredibly diverse allowing the player to play a syle that suits him or her with all sorts of differet skill sets and gear this aspect of the game i feel is a major factor in the replayibility of the game. The only weak point i feel the storyline of the game which is inferior to that of diablo but this flaw is offseted by a multitude of incredibly well thought out features of the game such as dungeons boss fights and the open world itself where one can encounter a wide asortment of monsters. One of the best aspects of torchlight 2 i feel are the boss fights staged in grand arenas ,the pinacle of any ARPG they are well thought out and paced reasonably well depending or difficulty level the bosses themselves are unique in their own right and no where in the game have i found any clear sign of obivious copies of any one boss ,after grinding through the hard won boss fights the amount of enemy corpes on the floor gives me an incredibly feeling of satisfaction picking up the droped gear and gold is even more fulfilling. Overall i feel that torchlight 2 is an excellent game that has far surpassed my expectations setting an example for future games of this genre rivaling Diablo 3 in every way. Runic games has proven a worthy rival of Blizzard if not better. Expand
  84. Sep 29, 2012
    This game is what Diablo 3 should have been. There is nothing else that needs to be said but Metacritic has a 150 minimum character requirement. The difficulty is more consistent than Diablo 3 and the game is not afraid to challenge you. The skill trees (yes, there are skill trees) are well thought out and reward focusing your point distributions. The loot is copious, the enemy varietyThis game is what Diablo 3 should have been. There is nothing else that needs to be said but Metacritic has a 150 minimum character requirement. The difficulty is more consistent than Diablo 3 and the game is not afraid to challenge you. The skill trees (yes, there are skill trees) are well thought out and reward focusing your point distributions. The loot is copious, the enemy variety refreshing, and the gameplay is like crack cocaine. Get over the cartoony look, get over the generic story and buy this game and play it. Expand
  85. Sep 29, 2012
    To anyone who enjoys the dungeon crawler genre, I highly recommend Torchlight II. The classes are very balanced and each has a great skill tree. I enjoyed the single player campaign a lot. But the multiplayer was what I really liked. All in all, good game, nice maps, and great loot system. Best thing of all, If i'm somewhere without internet, I can still play.
  86. Sep 29, 2012
    The fore fathers of Diablo 1&2 (the Schaefer's) take Blizzard back to school and shows them how an ARPG is to be done and does it all for a third of the Diablo 3 price bringing us a superbly crafted, well designed ARPG with random surprises. Runic not only just improved everything they did in Torchlight, but also added full mod support, Steam Workshop and yup internet and LAN play, makesThe fore fathers of Diablo 1&2 (the Schaefer's) take Blizzard back to school and shows them how an ARPG is to be done and does it all for a third of the Diablo 3 price bringing us a superbly crafted, well designed ARPG with random surprises. Runic not only just improved everything they did in Torchlight, but also added full mod support, Steam Workshop and yup internet and LAN play, makes torchlight 2 a great, fun and rewarding ARPG experience. This is everything Diablo 3 should of been and never will be, Runic is showing us that building great game is more important than making cash cows. Expand
  87. Sep 28, 2012
    First of, i'm not going to compare it to Diablo. No. I'll add to all the things that people have already said; The game is amazing! It is a perfect example to a game that has less graphics, but more GAMEPLAY and content! The online experience is everything that i wanted from TL1. The H&S is just what you would want from H&S game: "More please!". Simple... The game is rich in content andFirst of, i'm not going to compare it to Diablo. No. I'll add to all the things that people have already said; The game is amazing! It is a perfect example to a game that has less graphics, but more GAMEPLAY and content! The online experience is everything that i wanted from TL1. The H&S is just what you would want from H&S game: "More please!". Simple... The game is rich in content and upgrades from the-already-great TL1 experience; More awesome skills, many quests and dungeons! All-in-all, You will find yourself spending a lot of hours on this one, trust me! Expand
  88. Sep 28, 2012
    With the bundle running at about 14.99 for 4 people in steam this game is a steal. I highly suggest it as the game's fun factor increases with the number of players. Graphics do look old, but was tastefully done. It's just one of those game's that doesn't need state of the art looks to make the cut.

Ironically, this game gives a nostalgic feeling of diablo II more-so than diablo III.

Overall, despite the lack of graphics... the game is just plain old fun.
  89. Sep 28, 2012
    Amazing game. It is the game Diablo 3 suposed to be. When you start playing you totaly forget about time. You feel like you have been playing for 30 minutes and it's 3 hours. Worth every penny.
  90. Sep 28, 2012
    Looks like an awesome game!if you like aRPG's, there's no need to convince you with a long blob of text. This game will confidently tick at the very least the majority of your aRPG boxes. If you simply just want an excellently constructed, fun and well polished game that continues to reward the players on every play through, this is also it. And for $20, you have absolutely no reason notLooks like an awesome game!if you like aRPG's, there's no need to convince you with a long blob of text. This game will confidently tick at the very least the majority of your aRPG boxes. If you simply just want an excellently constructed, fun and well polished game that continues to reward the players on every play through, this is also it. And for $20, you have absolutely no reason not to buy it and say 'Yes. This is what I want from a game. This is why I play them'. You have a rare opportunity to vote with your pocket book and have incredible levels of fun at the same time. Go get it. Thank me later. I'll be over here, enjoying this. Expand
  91. Sep 28, 2012
    In terms of value, it might be the best game ever made for a launch price of $20. Tight gameplay and controls, very flexible play options (LAN/internet/offline, character customisations, mod friendly), and the game has very interesting itemization. There's multiple levels of difficulty available for play immediately at the start too, so you can start at Level 1 with a very challenging modeIn terms of value, it might be the best game ever made for a launch price of $20. Tight gameplay and controls, very flexible play options (LAN/internet/offline, character customisations, mod friendly), and the game has very interesting itemization. There's multiple levels of difficulty available for play immediately at the start too, so you can start at Level 1 with a very challenging mode if you're an experienced gamer.

A few minor criticisms. The multiplayer game browser makes it hard to sort games, search rarely works when i try to find my friends' games by name. The plotline exists and is easily ignored if you just want to play, but its a bit generic. I also think the reskill mechanic should allow a full talent rebuild, not just the last 3 skills -- its inconvenient enough to have to pay to remap your talent points. Over all though, Torchlight 2 is *the* ARPG of 2012 and for the years beyond. Path of Exile. It is, in my mind, the true spiritual successor to Diablo 2 that we've waited a decade for.
  92. Sep 28, 2012
    Torchlight II is a great hack n' slay even better than Diablo 3. I liked Diablo 3 a lot but at about 40-50 hours it was unplayable for me because it was too hard. In Torchlight II there was actually no Problem for me. What i think is great is that you can switch between lan single player and multiplayer. The drop-rate of good Items is a lot better than in Diablo 3 so you still don't needTorchlight II is a great hack n' slay even better than Diablo 3. I liked Diablo 3 a lot but at about 40-50 hours it was unplayable for me because it was too hard. In Torchlight II there was actually no Problem for me. What i think is great is that you can switch between lan single player and multiplayer. The drop-rate of good Items is a lot better than in Diablo 3 so you still don't need an Auction House. All in all I have to say: A great game with a not that great story and a low graphic but it is still FUN for about 20 Expand
  93. Sep 27, 2012
    This game is awesome; everything that Diablo 3 should have been. The game mechanics are fun and enjoyable. Harder difficulties and late game are tough but not impossibly infuriating like D3. My only gripe is the over the top cartoon graphics. Had the same gripe with the original Torchlight, but since the developers permit the game to be modded, actually encourage it, it is only a matter ofThis game is awesome; everything that Diablo 3 should have been. The game mechanics are fun and enjoyable. Harder difficulties and late game are tough but not impossibly infuriating like D3. My only gripe is the over the top cartoon graphics. Had the same gripe with the original Torchlight, but since the developers permit the game to be modded, actually encourage it, it is only a matter of time before graphics overhaul mods come out for the game. Expand
  94. Sep 27, 2012
    This is seriously what diablo 3 should have looked like. The game is extremely polished, with very little bugs (despite the initial server problems that every online games have). Every little aspect that makes an awesome hack n slash game is in there. The only thing missing in my opinion is the aura mecanics from diablo 2 which enhanced the game a lot, a skill tree which makes you use theThis is seriously what diablo 3 should have looked like. The game is extremely polished, with very little bugs (despite the initial server problems that every online games have). Every little aspect that makes an awesome hack n slash game is in there. The only thing missing in my opinion is the aura mecanics from diablo 2 which enhanced the game a lot, a skill tree which makes you use the newer spells (I've been using the firebolt from level 1-42), wider areas for towns (everything is clustered in this game) and most of all a free for all PVP system and a forum/chat based trading system as seen as in the first two diablo titles. Expand
  95. Sep 27, 2012
    Best gaming experience I've had in a long time. The game has FREE DLC planned for it and maybe even an expansion. The best ARPG i've played since Diablo II, and i would argue even better. If you don't own this game and you own D3. You are either a chinese botter or an addicted moron. This game is built around fun, and after 30 hours i didn't have a moment that didn't keep me entertainedBest gaming experience I've had in a long time. The game has FREE DLC planned for it and maybe even an expansion. The best ARPG i've played since Diablo II, and i would argue even better. If you don't own this game and you own D3. You are either a chinese botter or an addicted moron. This game is built around fun, and after 30 hours i didn't have a moment that didn't keep me entertained and im hungry for more. Great gear, great monsters, great abilities, and even better dungeons.

The new trendsetter for all future APRGs or dungeon based games.
  96. Sep 27, 2012
    Buy this. Seriously. It's fun. It's amazing. It would be too long to write all the innovations and the good points of the game, just try the free demo and see for yourself :)

I would love to give Runic the 90 euros I gave Blizzard for Diablo 3's Collector's Edition.
  97. Sep 27, 2012
    It's a sequel, but it is a proper sequel. More characters, more animals, more of an open world, more stats, more abilities... more more more. There is nothing really new or inventive about the game, it is just a great sequel for Torchlight. If you liked Torchlight you will like this.
  98. Sep 26, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Torchlight 2 is a really good game, that has inherited many aspects from Diablo 2. Maybe even more than the famous diablo 3. The gameplay is fast, with much exploration enriched by sequences of fights that keep always the fun at high scores. The 4 classes are fairly customizable in gender and looks, and their skill trees are really classic in structure but really fun to try.
    The maps and the dungeons are really well done, with forests, deserts, and other environments large enough to permit a fun exploration. They are randomized in structure enough to resemble always new to explore any time you start a new game or reroll the map in an internet play through, but you won't meet random generation inside the dungeons (no forests generated underneath a crypt, no castles underneath a cave and so on) like it happened in Torchlight 1. Everything has its place and a logic behind.
    The music and overall sounds are very pleasant to hear, with a more modern style if compared to the ones of diablo 3.
    It seems to me that the first Torchlight episode could have been a kind of try, in order to study a new graphic style, but with a very classical game play. And Torchlight 2 is the "real" Torchlight game, with all the good ideas and experiences linked together in an almost perfect new "old-style" action rpg.
    Even the co-op multiplayer is really fun to play, with friends or newcomers. There is no problem with the loot sharing, in fact the loot is instanced and when you kill a mob or open a stash everyone has his own loot, invisible to the other players. The final verdict is: this game is one of the best experiences you can have in gaming at a really fair price: 20$. Go get it!
  99. Sep 26, 2012
    This is the game we have all dreamed during these years to succeed Diablo 2. In the future it will be seen as a true legend, a classic, on the same level as Half-Life, Kotor 1, Civilization 1 and Grim Fandango.
  100. Sep 26, 2012
    What a game. For $20 you cant go wrong. You will probably be playing this for months if not year. 4 different class you can experiment with. You get a choice of where to put your stat points. You get to play with up to 6 people.

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    Torchlight 2 offers everything an action RPG fan wants: a huge campaign, variety of enemies, a rich system of quality loot, well-balanced and fresh classes with different build options, care-free and fun multiplayer modes. [November 2012]
  2. Dec 13, 2012
    Sure, it might not reinvent the wheel as built by Diablo II over a decade ago, but Runic deserves props for perfectly recreating the formula. Many others have tried to bring their own take on Diablo to the market-and failed. Runic didn't, which makes Torchlight II an essential purchase for anyone who loves to crawl through dungeons while scoring phat loot.
  3. Games Master UK
    Nov 25, 2012
    A slick action RPG with wit and charm, this is a genuine alternative to Diablo III. [Christmas 2012, p.93]