8.6

1. Apr 15, 2014
    HOW I RATE: 10-9 score: perfect or near-perfect don't exist; 8 score: one of the best games ever. Top score; 7-6 score: great but not one of the best; 5-below score: serious gameplay flaws.
    ===========
    The new king of ARPGs. But there is one major flaw with ARPGs and that is gameplay - it becomes EXTREMELY repetitive fast!
  2. Apr 15, 2014
    I tried this game after hearing so many people praise it over Diablo, and while it is better than I thought, it's still mediocre at best. The cartoonish graphics, I thought, were a great change from the dark and dreary feeling of most dungeon crawlers. The gameplay, however, is nothing more than a long monotonous grind of doing clicking on enemies and using endless amounts of potions. It's a fun, quick fix, but doesn't nearly live up to the hype. I would say wait for it to go on sale on Steam, like I did, was worth the discounted price, not sure about the full 20 though... Expand
  3. Mar 29, 2014
    Kill, loot, sell, kill, loot, sell, give points for level and attributes. Repeat 100x

A pretty hard game when you want to deal with it ion elite hardcore. In total 4 classes that are pretty good balanced. Awsome new graphic (since Diablo 2). Perfect just to sit down, connect to a friends server and click till your fingers will burn.

Starting at the moment my third character (engi,
    bersi done) and I still don't get the point what happens in the story, but I seriously don't care. When you like games like Diablo just try it and you will gonna love it.

8+/10
  4. Mar 27, 2014
    Nice game but pretty average (Played as Outlander). I honestly liked the first game better. Some maps are ridiculously large but other than random monsters don't offer anything else. There is only one sidequest in every camp and thats it, there is nothing else Your pet makes town scrolls useless so I don't see why are they in the game (I used them once during my 16hr gameplay). The loot system is broken I couldn't complete a single set and most of the stuff I got wasn't that good. I also ran out of mana all the time because the only way to eliminate monsters is with spells (the selection wasn't that good either) since weapons are pretty much useless and it takes forever to kill anything. Why some people say this is better than Diablo is beyond me since this game is way behind it. If you are looking for a game that can be compared to Diablo than that is definitely Titan Quest, a far superior game to Torchlight. Expand
  5. Mar 20, 2014
    A very nice RPG. The community also made the mods so great, I can't stop playing every night. The music and sfx are good! nice gameplay and long story. the quests are great and it took me so long to finish on hardcore!
  6. Mar 5, 2014
    I actually enjoyed this more than Diablo III, even though TL II might seem like that game's younger sibling (especially because it is full of references to it). Nevertheless, the game offers great and detailed graphics, fast-paced action gameplay and a lot of enticing loot to collect. Add to that the game's modability and you've got yourself some long-lasting fun on your hands.
  7. Feb 26, 2014
    Started the game. Played for 30 mins. Gained 7 levels. Still didn't knew what the hell was going on.
    I've played so many bad rpgs recently that I've lost count. But this game is just stupid. Anyone compares it with diablo is a fool. Definitely not worth the money.
  8. Feb 12, 2014
    I got this game from a steam sale for $5 and I can't believe what I was missing. Honestly I was looking for that Diablo 2 feeling and D3 disappointed me. Once I got this I couldn't believe how fun it was, I mean literally everything is fun, even selling things which can sometimes be a chore is a breeze just by loading up your pet and sending him to town. Awesome Game.
  9. Jan 25, 2014
    After doing Torchlight 2, it feels like an ok game with all the content, but I don't feel like completing the storyline again and to me, that's not a good thing. Sure it has replaying value but not enough for my taste. Though I sure as hell enjoyed the side quests, level design and gameplay. My experience is, however, shaded by the fact that I played with normal difficulty, which is disappointingly easy. I recommend blasting this game with Veteran or Elite difficulty. Recommending to those, who enjoy to loot, loot and loot. Expand
  10. Jan 24, 2014
    I didn't like Torchlight I that much because of the msising Multiplayer.
    But Torchlight II is one of the best Games I've ever played. Not only that it is the best DIablo-Clone ever. Also it is the only clone, that's better than the original!
    You could say that it is a better Diablo 3.
  11. Jan 20, 2014
    If you like games of this genre then IT IS A MUST to at least try it out, very addicting and fun to play.
    I've been playing it for quite a while and i just keep returning to it to try out other classes cause the abilities and spells are pretty cool, the ember mage seems most fun cause of the variety of offensive spells.

The CO-OP is unfortunately quite a let-down you need to be patient
    to get it working if you're using steam but overall the game deserves 10/10 since i'm more of a solo player. Expand
  12. Jan 13, 2014
    game is really nice,but multiplayer really sucks,first i had to log in and log out several times so i and my friends can be on same server and play,we played 1 hour no problems then the lag problems started,sometimes me sometimes him,enemy just stand and dodnt attack or boss respawns 10 times,health is gone in 1 sec and no one attacks,i searched google and forums for solutions,its amazing how many people have same problem and no solution Expand
  13. Jan 13, 2014
    For this game, once compared to Diablo 3, it seems very good. Once compared to Path of Exile, it seems very bad. Let me explain. Torchlight 2 succeed where Diablo 3 fail but Path of exile succeed where both Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3 fail. The most negative point is the cartoon style and it is not free unlike Path of Exile. When I give a score to a game, I have to ask myself "did the money I paid worth that game. The answer is no. This game should be free. Expand
  14. Dec 24, 2013
    in a hack n slash, multiplayer is more than half of the game itself.
    and it s buggy and laggy...

the game is great, if soloed.
    frantic, colourful, full of interesting loot.
    but runic totally abandoned it and the glitches we experience are there from the day one.
    invidible matches, desync, lag, disconnsctions.

if you are looking for coop and pvp, forget tl2.
    what a pity!!!
  15. Dec 7, 2013
    if you like dungeon crawlers and grinder rpg games, this one is definitely for you.
    you are being thrown into open world killing thousands of thousands of enemies leveling up finding new better gear, the usual stuff of arpgs.

i like the idia of the pet that helps you in combat and it can also return to town and sell junk you dont need for money, its a great way to eliminate
    backtracking

a thing i didnt like is how unbalanced the classes are. some classes have way to overpowered spells when some others have really underpowered spells.
    also im suffering framerate drop every ten seconds that i cant explain overall its impress me as an unoptimized game, witch its an exclusive to pc. 6/10
  16. Dec 2, 2013
    This game is the best Action RPG out there! The looting and leveling are big part of this genre indeed, however this game is not that special, not so much different than other, in fact it does what needs to GREATLY! You never feel bored from using the same sets of weapons/ armor. Why? Cause looting and leveling is what this game is great about! You always get drops of some great stuff. Not just that, but this game has a ton of boss fights, in which you get mad loot from! This game is not so different than others in the same genre, but it does what needs to do better than others. Expand
  17. Nov 18, 2013
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2) (If the single player is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no multplayer) (If the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no single player) Gameplay (2/2) Visuals/Story (1/2) (If the visuals are better than the story, review this section as if it had no story) (If the story is better than the visuals, review this section as if the visuals didn’t matter)

Accessibility/Longevity (2/2)

Pricing (2/2)

Wildcard (0)

18. Oct 28, 2013
    Lots of fun, whether alone or with friends. Tons of different monsters, cool levels, and of course items with plenty of room for enchantments and embers to further customize your equipment. I never really got into the story and felt nothing for the characters, but that isn't the point of this game nor was it the reason I played it. Fun to play and definitely recommended if you love ARPG games like Diablo. Expand
  19. Oct 25, 2013
    I find this game to be very enjoyable. The convenience of sending your pet to the store to help clear your inventory has to be one of the best attributes of the game. The scenery is very pleasant and the effects are nice as well.

Yes this game is very similar to the game-play of Diablo, but it isn't depressing. All of the Diablo games are so gloomy throughout the entire storyline. Even
    though the games are similar they are still very different. You will always have similar games that fall under the same Genre. Torchlight & Torchlight 2 are very refreshing games because they allow you to progress through the game without spending half your time organizing or making attribute additions to you characters.

Torchlight II is very much like the first one, but a lot of games tend to be that way. The first game was more along the lines of a Beta version for the second. I'm glad they didn't change much and they have added a lot of new maps that aren't Gloomy and Depressing like most Dungeon Crawlers. Love the game and I am thankful to the Developers for creating Torchlight II.
  20. Oct 24, 2013
    Fantastic game. One of the best in the genre. Fun, fast paced and awesome, near overwhelming amounts of loot. The skills are all very good and allow for reasonably diverse character builds and the combat is very responsive & satisfying.

The game truly shines when modded. Throw Synergies and the T2 Essentials mod in and you'll get an extra 70 hours worth of content, half a dozen new
    classes and countless new pets to choose from.

Could not recommend it enough.
  21. Oct 20, 2013
    It has tons of loot. It has great classes with great skill trees, making this game have many different ways to play in, resulting in a high replay value.

It has 4 different difficulty levels. And if you finish the game, you get access to the mapworks, where you can buy new maps and finish them. You can also access the New Game+, where you start the entire game all over again, but with
    keeping all your acquired stats and items. That's a really cool feature.

The environments are varied between deserts, forests, underground mines. The dungeons are impressive, with exciting boss fights as well. Visually, the game's good enough, although the graphics were not very detailed.

Perhaps the only thing that kept this game from being amazing was the plot. It didn't really engage me in any ways. Same thing for the characters.
  22. Oct 10, 2013
    This game is very well made and better than the original in all respects, but it’s only fun up to a point. The story is basically non-existent (like most games in this genre) so once the loot collecting & pointing and clicking get tedious, you’ll struggle for a reason to continue. The graphics at least stay fresh and give every area its own identity, but even though you feel like you’re exploring different places, you’re always doing the exact same thing in those places, which is clicking to kill monsters. A whole lot of monsters. Over & over again.

One huge plus is the devs opening the game up to the Steam Workshop. That has allowed people to make some incredible mods that add depth and fun to the game not included with the original version. That combined with the low price move this one up from a 7 to an 8 for me.

I might force myself to sit through a couple more hours of clicking so I can click all the way through to the end, just to say I did, but I’ll certainly never go back and start a new game over. If these types of games are your cup of tea, though, you’ll like it a lot and should pick it up.
  23. Sep 25, 2013
    Absolutely amazing. Everything D3 wasn't, and more. I'm getting ready to start my New Game+ and I'm more excited than I was at the beginning of my first play-through.

I can't say anything that hasn't been said before! GET THIS GAME!
  24. Sep 18, 2013
    Another great game from some of the original Diablo developers who started their own company. I'm not the biggest fan of the art style but if you liked Torchlight this is more of the same with some cookies. Multiplayer is a nice addition but not amazing.
  25. Sep 10, 2013
    An amazing game this is what I want from a Dungeon and Dragons game! I have spent countless hours playing this game there are a ton of things to do! Amazing game, buy it!!
  26. i0n
    Sep 3, 2013
    A truly impressive title on it's own merits not to mention the incredibly low price this is definitely one for lovers of Diablo style gameplay. In all honesty however, I enjoyed Torchlight II a great deal more than the Blizzard title(s) and was taken aback by the pace, graphics, gameplay mechanics and replayability. This is what Diablo 3 should have been. Excellent work Runic Games.
  27. Aug 23, 2013
    Downloaded this about six months ago. I've logged about 120 hours into this thing so far... I'm playing it even when I'm NOT playing it... Either something is very wrong with me (very possible) or this thing is GOOD.
  28. Aug 15, 2013
    I don't usually give out 10s, even amazing games with tons of playtime and play value get a 9. But Torchlight II is unbelievably fun. I've played through the entire game and started a New Game Plus and it's still fun! I played the original FATE game (and it's predecessors) a long time ago, and I loved them so much I was ecstatic to hear about a modern remake, and they did not disappoint in any area! In fact, even though I hold FATE as a classic and precious to me because of personal memories, Torchlight II may even be better. Expand
  29. Aug 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's a very nice game, not expensive at all, and very fun to play. Unfortunately, it is not polished, and small things amount to such an extent that it becomes really hard to enjoy the game.
    For example, there is a solid delay between your attack and movement actions; so when you are in the middle of a fight, hitting that mouse button to kick some monster buts, and suddenly your health drops to the point where you want to run you start clicking away, but your hero will continue to swing his hammer for a couple of times, until he reacts. By that time, of course, he will be dead. You have two alternative weapons configurations: so you may equip a shield and a sword as one, and a bow as the other configuration. If you equip two two-handed weapons in both configuration slots, one weapon defaults to right hand, the other to left. Now when you open up your Archaic Stats (where you can see all of your Hero's details, such as damage), not only need you to switch both configurations, you also need to switch the hands, in essence destroying all sense in comparison. Basically, you cannot compare both configurations' damage easily. Which brings us yet to another silly design blooper: when you point to an item, the statistic insert jumps out at you, and if it's let's say a weapon, two more stat inserts will jump our (for weapons in both your hands), effective covering ALL of your screen. Now, i could NOT (no matter how i tried) compare my ring's protection properties with the Actual Hero's Stats of Elemental protection. Unacceptable. Then, there are the graphics i like the overall design and atmosphere, but the textures are just washed out dyes. I did not feel personal with the Hero no matter how the equipped armor changed her looks. The weapons are actually terribly designed a cannon is a cylinder, and a sword is a stick. And Rare or Uniques do not differ from normal or enchanted sets. Major turn off. I was also playing on difficult setting, and could not amount any money whatsoever (the most i have possessed was around 30k), simply because as in the beginning of the game, or at level 40 you will set good items, really good sets or rares for around 100-200 gold pieces. What?! The skill tree is weird you cannot re-stat your points (actually, you can buy back only 3 latest points spent), and earlier skills do not contribute to later ones. So, does that mean that we should wait until Level 40 when the last skill opens up in a specific skill set tree to use it?! Come on... Things like that are all over the game; thankfully, Torchlight II is modable, and many people are making it better and better every day, with mods and improvements. Overall OK.
  30. Aug 11, 2013
    I don't know why people giving Torchlight 2 so high scores. I really felt cheated when the feedback was so good, and then the reality was very different.

- THE BAD:

Graphics are bad with no detail, combat is lazy with no impact, monsters have little variety, landscape neither has about any variety at all, boring quests (It's an APRG, surprise), story is boring, there are few classes
    and the customization is also scraping the bottom,

- THE GOOD:

You can apply mods and multiplayer is keeping the game alive, but ony by a bit.

I didn't finish the game after 18 hours of gameplay I gave up due to the game was too boring.
  31. Oct 20, 2013

keeping all your acquired stats and items. That's a really cool feature.

Torchlight 2 offers everything an action RPG fan wants: a huge campaign, variety of enemies, a rich system of quality loot, well-balanced and fresh classes with different build options, care-free and fun multiplayer modes. [November 2012]
  2. Dec 13, 2012
    Sure, it might not reinvent the wheel as built by Diablo II over a decade ago, but Runic deserves props for perfectly recreating the formula. Many others have tried to bring their own take on Diablo to the market-and failed. Runic didn't, which makes Torchlight II an essential purchase for anyone who loves to crawl through dungeons while scoring phat loot.
  3. Nov 25, 2012
    A slick action RPG with wit and charm, this is a genuine alternative to Diablo III. [Christmas 2012, p.93]