8.6

1. May 24, 2015
    Compared to boring Torchlight 1, the second game is a blast.

Compared to boring Torchlight 1, the second game is a blast.

It's a really fleshed out hack'n'slash game that offers everything one could want from a such game. I think it's the first h'n's game since Diablo 2 I really enjoyed and finished more than once. Even the art direction of this series, which I dislike very much, wasn't enought to pull me off from playing it hour after hour, trying new characters and builds.
  2. Apr 7, 2015
    Firstly the cartoony graphics are ok at first, but are beginning to grate on me. Second there are many bugs and unintended game mechanics caused by bugs. Third, the game has no soul, there is basically zero memorable characters in the game. Fourth, even the supposedly low level monsters like a walking mushroom can shave off half of my life in one hit. And that's with a shield equipped.Firstly the cartoony graphics are ok at first, but are beginning to grate on me. Second there are many bugs and unintended game mechanics caused by bugs. Third, the game has no soul, there is basically zero memorable characters in the game. Fourth, even the supposedly low level monsters like a walking mushroom can shave off half of my life in one hit. And that's with a shield equipped. Just really frustrating and no fun at all. Expand
  3. Mar 27, 2015
    That was all that I expected from the developers of Diablo 1 and 2. This is not a "Diablo 2 clone" this is "another Diablo 2", it seems that this guys are doing exactly what they know. Even the situation is the same, Diablo 1 with the traditional warrior, archer and mage crawling a dungeon, and Diablo 2 with completely different classes exploring four acts... they are just in their knownThat was all that I expected from the developers of Diablo 1 and 2. This is not a "Diablo 2 clone" this is "another Diablo 2", it seems that this guys are doing exactly what they know. Even the situation is the same, Diablo 1 with the traditional warrior, archer and mage crawling a dungeon, and Diablo 2 with completely different classes exploring four acts... they are just in their known environment repeating a successful experience, modernized and open to mods, I feel that Torchlight 3 will be the real Diablo 3... Expand
  4. Mar 21, 2015
    In short, it's a simple hack & slash done right. If you like to kill hordes of enemies, gain experience, find lots of loot and have some great boss fights, this is the game. Visuals and overall playability are just great. That being said, don't expect deep story, interesting dialog or anything like that. The story is mostly irrelevant and there really isn't any NPCs to interact with orIn short, it's a simple hack & slash done right. If you like to kill hordes of enemies, gain experience, find lots of loot and have some great boss fights, this is the game. Visuals and overall playability are just great. That being said, don't expect deep story, interesting dialog or anything like that. The story is mostly irrelevant and there really isn't any NPCs to interact with or stuff like that. Expand
  5. Mar 9, 2015
    The things that dissappoint in Torchlight 2 are the graphics, the soundtrack, the story and the voice acting. However, the gameplay is so addictive that these are overlooked. Hence 9 for an almost perfect game.
  6. Feb 8, 2015
    This game is a ton of fun to play. One of the best isometric-view CRPG games of all time! There is tons of awesome loot all the time, you are always finding new weapons and armor, items, etc. Its just a ton of fun. Great gameplay, evereything explained well. I love it. I put it up there with Diablo II and BGII, and, in some ways, it's better than both. An absolute blast to play. You'llThis game is a ton of fun to play. One of the best isometric-view CRPG games of all time! There is tons of awesome loot all the time, you are always finding new weapons and armor, items, etc. Its just a ton of fun. Great gameplay, evereything explained well. I love it. I put it up there with Diablo II and BGII, and, in some ways, it's better than both. An absolute blast to play. You'll scream through this game on normal with little to no difficulty at all so if you need a challenge, play on hard. I like Normal mode though, I'm just in it for the story progression, character progression, the loot, and the hack'n'slash action. This may be the best game available in this genre to some of you, depending on your perspective on these types of games. 10/10 from me. Where's Torchlight 3?! Expand
  7. Feb 2, 2015
    Very charming, very motivating, and very much an alternative to the Diablo series. I could also say, that Diablo is an alternative to Torchlight, so convincing is this game! Every aspect of it works well, it's never disappointing, and it offers lots of diversion. Anyone who has some fun with this sort of games, should love it. Some of the bosses are a bit tedious, but oh well! That's HackVery charming, very motivating, and very much an alternative to the Diablo series. I could also say, that Diablo is an alternative to Torchlight, so convincing is this game! Every aspect of it works well, it's never disappointing, and it offers lots of diversion. Anyone who has some fun with this sort of games, should love it. Some of the bosses are a bit tedious, but oh well! That's Hack 'n Slay life.
    Only thing I personally don't like - just a matter of taste - are the cartoonesque graphics. Of course, this makes the game affordable, and it shouldn't matter - but still, it bothers me. Sigh.
  8. Jan 1, 2015
    The best game of its type, no doubt about it. It runs smoothly, the combat feels fast, challenging and engaging. You can really work at customizing your character and then feel the effects of it in combat. You really feel like you made this character, you build the machine behind the big numbers and bloody mayhem - that's the most important part of RPG games and people seem to forget that.The best game of its type, no doubt about it. It runs smoothly, the combat feels fast, challenging and engaging. You can really work at customizing your character and then feel the effects of it in combat. You really feel like you made this character, you build the machine behind the big numbers and bloody mayhem - that's the most important part of RPG games and people seem to forget that. Not here.

Of course, this isn't the sort of RPG that draws you in with an amazing story, it's dungeon crawling, click and kill and that's fine. TLII never pretends to be anything else. It's driven by its mechanics and they're flawless. Excellent game.
  9. Dec 10, 2014
    This is what Diablo 3 should have been. It's brilliant and I would highly recommend it to anyone interested in the ARPG genre. Lots of innovative additions to the format, beautiful locations, wonderful classes with proper customisation and random levels - what more could you possibly want?

Jimbo Rating: 10/10
  10. Nov 9, 2014
    If you were never a big fan of these types of games, I suggest trying Torchlight II. It might change your opinion of the genre entirely, like it did for me. I haven't found a single aspect of the game to gripe about yet, it's just incredibly fun all around.
  11. Nov 2, 2014
    Correct gameplay and visual effects. A max level higher than the usual 20~60 is a plus, as is optimized code, so that the game runs smoothly on normal PCs even when there is a lot of action.

Graphics are sadly close to anime or game console, thus far from detailed graphics like, for instance, in Titan Quest or Neverwinter Nights. Pre-made classes is a very bad idea, especially if there

Pre-made classes is a very bad idea, especially if there are only 4 to choose from. This is ruining multi-player experience, where each player wants to be unique. Serious ARPGs offer several base classes and allow multi-classing, for a much deeper experience and added re-playability.
    Finally, buying a sword at the smithy and finding yourself fighting shooting helicopters and industrial machinery is not only boring, it is totally out of context and illogical.

Because of such severe flaws, the game is not as addictive as a great ARPG should be, except maybe for kids or newcomers to the ARPG genre.
  12. Oct 14, 2014
    I've only played the game for 12 hours so far, but oh my god this game is amazing. There are so many quests and challenges that you'll need to overcome, with or without friends. I never played this with anyone else but let me tell you, this is a fantastic game. Graphics are decent, but it's meant to be played on weak computers too.

I can never really ask more from this game.
  13. Oct 9, 2014
    Sooooo better then diablo
    Sooooo better then over hack'n slash
    sooooo low budget
    Sooooo great game

I played 100 hours and no one were boring for me. Must buy
  14. Oct 5, 2014
    Pretty seamless game.. Smooth, polished. And a lot of fun. High quality control, with a lot of the little things being there, along with the big things. Very good game.
  15. Sep 26, 2014
    For me this Game is a 9/10 why ? Cause it has nearly EVERYTHING.
    A storyline that keeps you playing, Itemization that is easy and appealing and the Game is cheap!

Well made classes even invite you to play through the Game again.

A cheap bargain.
  16. Sep 12, 2014
    Awesome top down rpg makes diablo 3 look shallow and unimpressive.

Very good rpg with bright epic colors and satisfying spells, beautiful cartoon style graphics that never age and some of the Best character classes i have played. Very high replay value and hardcore makes you think twice about what you do plus for those who like to add, tinker or just mess around they can mod with the
    Awesome top down rpg makes diablo 3 look shallow and unimpressive.

Very high replay value and hardcore makes you think twice about what you do plus for those who like to add, tinker or just mess around they can mod with the open community.

Worth $50
  17. Sep 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. smooth game play in good story line great game to play like the skill tree in the boss battle there a good game every one of all ages can enjoy runic games good job. Expand
  18. Jul 29, 2014
    For a loot based ARPG, there is nothing more satisfactory than the joy from a success customization build of character. This is why Diablo 2 shines. Unfortunately, Diablo 3 ruins this.

Heard that the original developers of Diablo 2 then makes a series called Torchlight. This is really a great improvement since Torchlight 1 with vast environment, improved class and skill sets. Players

Players can enjoy the freedom in their choice of stat, skill investment, and build character according to their taste. The game's impact physic is pretty as well, fun in combat is the key.

Although it is less hardcore than Diablo 2, it definitely targets core gamer markets instead. It is really a decent choice of loot-based ARPG in a theme different from Diablo series.
  19. Jun 29, 2014
    Ever since Diablo 2, the excellent hack'n'slash game I really enjoyed and spent days and days with it is Torchlight 2 the only game which is at the similar level. It has its own cartoon graphic and the game play is just...so catchy. Four difficulty levels with possibility to go NG+5 gives you pretty satisfying challenge. (and legendary drop items are not ruined by some stupid onlineEver since Diablo 2, the excellent hack'n'slash game I really enjoyed and spent days and days with it is Torchlight 2 the only game which is at the similar level. It has its own cartoon graphic and the game play is just...so catchy. Four difficulty levels with possibility to go NG+5 gives you pretty satisfying challenge. (and legendary drop items are not ruined by some stupid online auction houses) Expand
  20. Jun 26, 2014
    I literally love this game.

I literally love this game.

I was getting bored of these types of games after playing the three diablo games and a few others friends recommended, but my friend told me it was cheap and we should try it together. The first hour we delved into it I felt it was the same old game, but it was certainly fun and engaging. The randomized maps that are different, but yet still feel the same add to the atmosphere of the game and add depth. The bosses are fun and somewhat difficult, you need to know where to go and what spells to use at what times. The classes are probably the best part about the game because if everyones a different one it works together perfectly.

I don't know what else to say about this game, the graphics, style and atmosphere are all unprecedented. The mods added a ton of extra fun to have and PVP made this game a hell of a lot more fun too. If you are looking for a dungeon crawler similar to diablo, for less money but just as good other than the sound and a slight graphical change, buy this game instantly!
  21. Jun 13, 2014
    It does something, and it does it pretty well. Most importantly, it's really fun! It may get a TAD repetitive at times (still only a tad), but I find this unable to hinder my progress in the game in any way. Buy this game if you have the money, and if you're familiar with other RPG's you could find this fun as well.
  22. Jun 8, 2014
    a good single player.
    but heavily bugged on the coop side.
    and it was abandoned too soon after launch.

with a few patches it might reach a 9. but, at the moment, it's a just a cheap, sufficiently good single player arpg.

what a pity
  23. Jun 1, 2014
    I haven't played an ARPG in awhile and wanted to ease back into the genre. I wasn't disappointed at all. This is a fun fast paced game with a cartoon art style. You will get your moneys worth with at least 30 hours of content to explore if all side quests are played out. The only gripe I have is that when played on normal you get over powered quickly. So at the end of the game I justI haven't played an ARPG in awhile and wanted to ease back into the genre. I wasn't disappointed at all. This is a fun fast paced game with a cartoon art style. You will get your moneys worth with at least 30 hours of content to explore if all side quests are played out. The only gripe I have is that when played on normal you get over powered quickly. So at the end of the game I just breezed through the last boss. Play on hard. Expand
  24. May 28, 2014
    A lot of people held this game up as a more satisfying version of Diablo 3, but personally I don't agree. Maybe I didn't play it long enough, but like some other reviewers, I found the lack of any kind of engagement extremely off-putting and didn't play for more than an hour before I got bored and went and did something else. My initial intention was to try to pick it back up later onA lot of people held this game up as a more satisfying version of Diablo 3, but personally I don't agree. Maybe I didn't play it long enough, but like some other reviewers, I found the lack of any kind of engagement extremely off-putting and didn't play for more than an hour before I got bored and went and did something else. My initial intention was to try to pick it back up later on and give it another chance, but that was a year ago and I still don't have any desire to try this again. Maybe that day will come in the distant future and I'll have a reason to revise my review, but for now, it's a 0/10. Expand
  25. May 18, 2014
    Not being a fan of adventure games, I find, however, that Torchlight II is an excellent game, the best in its class, some contradict me, but that's my opinion. Torchlight II is a game with a well-crafted story, the graphics are beautiful, and even if you can only include 4 classes, classes are not less desirable. Each has its own attacks its own objects, and each complete with others. TheNot being a fan of adventure games, I find, however, that Torchlight II is an excellent game, the best in its class, some contradict me, but that's my opinion. Torchlight II is a game with a well-crafted story, the graphics are beautiful, and even if you can only include 4 classes, classes are not less desirable. Each has its own attacks its own objects, and each complete with others. The game is also good solo and co-op, although still play two more fun. In short, a game not to be missed, and play with a friend. Expand
  26. Apr 29, 2014
    ===========
    The new king of ARPGs. But there is one major flaw with ARPGs and that is gameplay - it becomes EXTREMELY repetitive fast - kill this, kill that!
  27. Apr 25, 2014
    Nice game. I like the fast paced gameplay. Super interesting characters and spells. Nice soundtrack and overall game atmosphere............. thoroughly impressed
  28. Apr 15, 2014
    I tried this game after hearing so many people praise it over Diablo, and while it is better than I thought, it's still mediocre at best. The cartoonish graphics, I thought, were a great change from the dark and dreary feeling of most dungeon crawlers. The gameplay, however, is nothing more than a long monotonous grind of doing clicking on enemies and using endless amounts of potions.I tried this game after hearing so many people praise it over Diablo, and while it is better than I thought, it's still mediocre at best. The cartoonish graphics, I thought, were a great change from the dark and dreary feeling of most dungeon crawlers. The gameplay, however, is nothing more than a long monotonous grind of doing clicking on enemies and using endless amounts of potions. It's a fun, quick fix, but doesn't nearly live up to the hype. I would say wait for it to go on sale on Steam, like I did, was worth the discounted price, not sure about the full 20 though... Expand
  29. Mar 29, 2014
    Kill, loot, sell, kill, loot, sell, give points for level and attributes. Repeat 100x

A pretty hard game when you want to deal with it ion elite hardcore. In total 4 classes that are pretty good balanced. Awsome new graphic (since Diablo 2). Perfect just to sit down, connect to a friends server and click till your fingers will burn. Starting at the moment my third character (engi,

Starting at the moment my third character (engi, bersi done) and I still don't get the point what happens in the story, but I seriously don't care. When you like games like Diablo just try it and you will gonna love it.

8+/10
  30. Mar 27, 2014
    Nice game but pretty average (Played as Outlander). I honestly liked the first game better. Some maps are ridiculously large but other than random monsters don't offer anything else. There is only one sidequest in every camp and thats it, there is nothing else Your pet makes town scrolls useless so I don't see why are they in the game (I used them once during my 16hr gameplay). The lootNice game but pretty average (Played as Outlander). I honestly liked the first game better. Some maps are ridiculously large but other than random monsters don't offer anything else. There is only one sidequest in every camp and thats it, there is nothing else Your pet makes town scrolls useless so I don't see why are they in the game (I used them once during my 16hr gameplay). The loot system is broken I couldn't complete a single set and most of the stuff I got wasn't that good. I also ran out of mana all the time because the only way to eliminate monsters is with spells (the selection wasn't that good either) since weapons are pretty much useless and it takes forever to kill anything. Why some people say this is better than Diablo is beyond me since this game is way behind it. If you are looking for a game that can be compared to Diablo than that is definitely Titan Quest, a far superior game to Torchlight. Expand
  31. Jan 13, 2014
    game is really nice,but multiplayer really sucks,first i had to log in and log out several times so i and my friends can be on same server and play,we played 1 hour no problems then the lag problems started,sometimes me sometimes him,enemy just stand and dodnt attack or boss respawns 10 times,health is gone in 1 sec and no one attacks,i searched google and forums for solutions,its amazinggame is really nice,but multiplayer really sucks,first i had to log in and log out several times so i and my friends can be on same server and play,we played 1 hour no problems then the lag problems started,sometimes me sometimes him,enemy just stand and dodnt attack or boss respawns 10 times,health is gone in 1 sec and no one attacks,i searched google and forums for solutions,its amazing how many people have same problem and no solution Collapse

Torchlight 2 offers everything an action RPG fan wants: a huge campaign, variety of enemies, a rich system of quality loot, well-balanced and fresh classes with different build options, care-free and fun multiplayer modes. [November 2012]
  2. Dec 13, 2012
    Sure, it might not reinvent the wheel as built by Diablo II over a decade ago, but Runic deserves props for perfectly recreating the formula. Many others have tried to bring their own take on Diablo to the market-and failed. Runic didn't, which makes Torchlight II an essential purchase for anyone who loves to crawl through dungeons while scoring phat loot.
  3. Nov 25, 2012
    A slick action RPG with wit and charm, this is a genuine alternative to Diablo III. [Christmas 2012, p.93]