Torchlight II PC

8.6

1. Jan 27, 2017
    Torchlight 1 and 2 are my favorite RPG games.
    -Classes
    -Character Customization
    -Quests
    -A pet to choose at the beginning (WOW)
    -Great weapons
    -Open world with endless gameplay and fighting
  2. Jan 21, 2017
    best rpg ever
    positive

+ loot feels better and cooler then diablo
    + sweet graphics
    + cool enemies
    + combat
    negative
    - story is not as good as diablo 3
    but without the story this is the best rpg ever
  3. Dec 4, 2016
    ¡AMAZING GAME! I have spent many hours gaming this game and is a amazing adventure! Characters, world, look and feel, BSO, bosses... me score is a 9! :D
  4. Oct 27, 2016
    I play this game very likely, its great diablo experience as we know it from D2 with smart advantages of Torchlight, you can make your build with full impressions of Diablo 2 tradition
  5. Aug 16, 2016
    Is Torchlight 1 in better shape, bigger and deeper, don’t be discouraged by its simplistic graphics, is a huge RPG, addictive and really challenging, it is easy to start but as you progress it demands more attention and develop from your character, and if you want to continue NG+ you really need to know what are you doing, all of this, among the complete mod support makes it literally endless.
  6. Jun 22, 2016
    A significant improvement upon its predecessor, Torchlight II is a solid step forward on the road to the ideal ARPG. It's charming art style, overall fast paced gameplay and mostly forgiving features, including a choice of difficulty setting, also make it a good entry point for those new to the genre, as well as offering a good challenge to the experienced dungeon crawler. The major changeA significant improvement upon its predecessor, Torchlight II is a solid step forward on the road to the ideal ARPG. It's charming art style, overall fast paced gameplay and mostly forgiving features, including a choice of difficulty setting, also make it a good entry point for those new to the genre, as well as offering a good challenge to the experienced dungeon crawler. The major change this time around is the addition of up to six-player cooperative play online, where the first game bizarrely lacked any multiplayer at all. The story is still somewhat sparse, again shoehorning the player into the role of damage control regarding the actions of a villain who, infuriatingly, will always look cooler then your character, and your character has no spoken dialogue with other characters. The classes do however have satisfyingly varied and powerful abilities and the combat feels very chunky, thanks to good sound design, enemies exploding on a critical kill and an overall focus on powerful single attacks. However, this installment inherits some of the first game's biggest problems: you are required to mainline potions to both to stay alive and keep your mana up, you may go hours without finding better gear and the champion monsters are much more powerful then the actual level bosses, sometimes outrageously so. I found myself dying regularly in the final act even on normal, though this costs you nothing should you choose to respawn in town, coupled with a total lack of an item durability mechanic (a huge plus that other games could learn from- I'm looking at you, Diablo 3). In addition, only unique gear is actually flavored towards your class, leaving you looking like a scrappy scavenger for most of your playthrough. You can also only refund your last three skill points spent and cannot redistribute your attribute points at all. Any of the above issues are easily remedied by using the game’s integral mod support or the Rapid Respec editor, the latter of which also allows you to resurrect a dead “hardcore” character. After playing through the game once as an Engineer without mods, I played as an Outlander using several mods, most notably a "double points" mod that gives you 10 attribute and 2 skill points per level, and a mod that scales all enemies and bosses to your current level whenever you enter a different zone. Having the right mod setup really enhances the game experience overall and I recommend giving it a shot as soon as you feel comfortable doing so. The pet system remains very useful, now including the ability to have your pet buy potions and scrolls for you in addition to selling your vendor trash, and this time around it seems your pet can take more then being looked at funny before losing all its health. This game also retains the absolutely enchanting musical talents of Matt Uelman, the music man behind Diablo's equally compelling soundtrack. In spite of its problems, Torchlight II is an excellent title with excellent mods, and well worth your time. Expand
  7. May 9, 2016
    You could dismiss Torchlight 2 as “just another Diablo clone,” but that’s missing the point of Runic’s action RPG. Instead of gothic horror, Torchlight’s world is bright and colorful, its sense of humor much more up-front. That makes the game approachable, even though it’s still huge, and when you finish the main game, mods add to the fun.

Runic’s world is a joy to explore, and a huge

Runic’s world is a joy to explore, and a huge improvement over the more basic dungeons of the first Torchlight. We love the frenetic energy of a six-player session, the constant hunt for new and better (and funnier) gear, and we love that the game is a fraction of the price of similar action RPGs. But mostly, we love the pet companions: every action RPG needs a pet that fights for you and sells your junk loot. Man’s best friend indeed.
  8. Mar 22, 2016
    Desperately needing a break from PoE and frustrated with Diablo 3, Torchlight II looked like a good avenue to venture down. Glad I did because even single player is fun, I was hooked all the way until high level and a full set of legendary items. I didn't think I would enjoy the graphics as much as I did, but they fit in well with this game and most of the scenery is cool to look at. TheDesperately needing a break from PoE and frustrated with Diablo 3, Torchlight II looked like a good avenue to venture down. Glad I did because even single player is fun, I was hooked all the way until high level and a full set of legendary items. I didn't think I would enjoy the graphics as much as I did, but they fit in well with this game and most of the scenery is cool to look at. The extras and secrets are rewarding and fun to go after and the boss fights are sometimes challenging. The map layouts and higher difficulty play can get a bit repetitive, but it never really gets in the way of the enjoyment factor. There are also mods available that make the adventure more interesting and co-op play is fun as well. Expand
  9. Feb 16, 2016
    I'm big on all kinds of rpg games but this is one of the few where I actually levelled all the way up to Lv.100. I am still not fully done with this game. That alone speaks volumes.
  10. Oct 6, 2015
    Really dove into Torchlight 2 while waiting for a content patch in Diablo 3 and Im not disappointed. A fun adventure dungeon crawler-esq game with a different art style. The Classes are limited to only four choices but there is much room to expand in those classes to make a character different from another. ( Also plenty of Mods that add classes etc etc ). Story wasn't grasping andReally dove into Torchlight 2 while waiting for a content patch in Diablo 3 and Im not disappointed. A fun adventure dungeon crawler-esq game with a different art style. The Classes are limited to only four choices but there is much room to expand in those classes to make a character different from another. ( Also plenty of Mods that add classes etc etc ). Story wasn't grasping and intriguing as I enjoy but I was able to overlook that and have a enjoyable time playing the game. They also have additional content for when you complete the main story to have the player keep playing. Pets were a nice touch. The surprising amount of joy I received when a panda was a option for a pet....
    Nothing really to comment about the Visual or Audio aspect, other then to note that the music in the Act 3 camp is the same music from a zone in Diablo 3. Coincidence? Who Knows.
  11. Jun 1, 2015
    I played it alone and it was fine didn't know what to do after a certain point so I didn't play much after that. Then I decided to go on the online part and everyone ended up being **** So I haven't played it in a while because I don't know what to do after you breast the main part of the game and got tired of childish ****
  12. Mar 27, 2015
    That was all that I expected from the developers of Diablo 1 and 2. This is not a "Diablo 2 clone" this is "another Diablo 2", it seems that this guys are doing exactly what they know. Even the situation is the same, Diablo 1 with the traditional warrior, archer and mage crawling a dungeon, and Diablo 2 with completely different classes exploring four acts... they are just in their knownThat was all that I expected from the developers of Diablo 1 and 2. This is not a "Diablo 2 clone" this is "another Diablo 2", it seems that this guys are doing exactly what they know. Even the situation is the same, Diablo 1 with the traditional warrior, archer and mage crawling a dungeon, and Diablo 2 with completely different classes exploring four acts... they are just in their known environment repeating a successful experience, modernized and open to mods, I feel that Torchlight 3 will be the real Diablo 3... Expand
  13. Mar 21, 2015
    In short, it's a simple hack & slash done right. If you like to kill hordes of enemies, gain experience, find lots of loot and have some great boss fights, this is the game. Visuals and overall playability are just great. That being said, don't expect deep story, interesting dialog or anything like that. The story is mostly irrelevant and there really isn't any NPCs to interact with orIn short, it's a simple hack & slash done right. If you like to kill hordes of enemies, gain experience, find lots of loot and have some great boss fights, this is the game. Visuals and overall playability are just great. That being said, don't expect deep story, interesting dialog or anything like that. The story is mostly irrelevant and there really isn't any NPCs to interact with or stuff like that. Expand
  14. Mar 9, 2015
    The things that dissappoint in Torchlight 2 are the graphics, the soundtrack, the story and the voice acting. However, the gameplay is so addictive that these are overlooked. Hence 9 for an almost perfect game.
  15. Feb 8, 2015
    This game is a ton of fun to play. One of the best isometric-view CRPG games of all time! There is tons of awesome loot all the time, you are always finding new weapons and armor, items, etc. Its just a ton of fun. Great gameplay, evereything explained well. I love it. I put it up there with Diablo II and BGII, and, in some ways, it's better than both. An absolute blast to play. You'llThis game is a ton of fun to play. One of the best isometric-view CRPG games of all time! There is tons of awesome loot all the time, you are always finding new weapons and armor, items, etc. Its just a ton of fun. Great gameplay, evereything explained well. I love it. I put it up there with Diablo II and BGII, and, in some ways, it's better than both. An absolute blast to play. You'll scream through this game on normal with little to no difficulty at all so if you need a challenge, play on hard. I like Normal mode though, I'm just in it for the story progression, character progression, the loot, and the hack'n'slash action. This may be the best game available in this genre to some of you, depending on your perspective on these types of games. 10/10 from me. Where's Torchlight 3?! Expand
  16. Feb 2, 2015
    Very charming, very motivating, and very much an alternative to the Diablo series. I could also say, that Diablo is an alternative to Torchlight, so convincing is this game! Every aspect of it works well, it's never disappointing, and it offers lots of diversion. Anyone who has some fun with this sort of games, should love it. Some of the bosses are a bit tedious, but oh well! That's HackVery charming, very motivating, and very much an alternative to the Diablo series. I could also say, that Diablo is an alternative to Torchlight, so convincing is this game! Every aspect of it works well, it's never disappointing, and it offers lots of diversion. Anyone who has some fun with this sort of games, should love it. Some of the bosses are a bit tedious, but oh well! That's Hack 'n Slay life.
    Only thing I personally don't like - just a matter of taste - are the cartoonesque graphics. Of course, this makes the game affordable, and it shouldn't matter - but still, it bothers me. Sigh.
  17. Jan 1, 2015
    The best game of its type, no doubt about it. It runs smoothly, the combat feels fast, challenging and engaging. You can really work at customizing your character and then feel the effects of it in combat. You really feel like you made this character, you build the machine behind the big numbers and bloody mayhem - that's the most important part of RPG games and people seem to forget that.The best game of its type, no doubt about it. It runs smoothly, the combat feels fast, challenging and engaging. You can really work at customizing your character and then feel the effects of it in combat. You really feel like you made this character, you build the machine behind the big numbers and bloody mayhem - that's the most important part of RPG games and people seem to forget that. Not here.

Of course, this isn't the sort of RPG that draws you in with an amazing story, it's dungeon crawling, click and kill and that's fine. TLII never pretends to be anything else. It's driven by its mechanics and they're flawless. Excellent game.
  18. Dec 10, 2014
    This is what Diablo 3 should have been. It's brilliant and I would highly recommend it to anyone interested in the ARPG genre. Lots of innovative additions to the format, beautiful locations, wonderful classes with proper customisation and random levels - what more could you possibly want?

Jimbo Rating: 10/10
  19. Nov 9, 2014
    If you were never a big fan of these types of games, I suggest trying Torchlight II. It might change your opinion of the genre entirely, like it did for me. I haven't found a single aspect of the game to gripe about yet, it's just incredibly fun all around.
  20. Oct 14, 2014
    I've only played the game for 12 hours so far, but oh my god this game is amazing. There are so many quests and challenges that you'll need to overcome, with or without friends. I never played this with anyone else but let me tell you, this is a fantastic game. Graphics are decent, but it's meant to be played on weak computers too.

I can never really ask more from this game.
  21. Oct 9, 2014
    Sooooo better then diablo
    Sooooo better then over hack'n slash
    sooooo low budget
    Sooooo great game

I played 100 hours and no one were boring for me. Must buy
  22. Oct 5, 2014
    Pretty seamless game.. Smooth, polished. And a lot of fun. High quality control, with a lot of the little things being there, along with the big things. Very good game.
  23. Sep 26, 2014
    For me this Game is a 9/10 why ? Cause it has nearly EVERYTHING.
    A storyline that keeps you playing, Itemization that is easy and appealing and the Game is cheap!

Well made classes even invite you to play through the Game again.

A cheap bargain.
  24. Sep 12, 2014
    Awesome top down rpg makes diablo 3 look shallow and unimpressive.

Very good rpg with bright epic colors and satisfying spells, beautiful cartoon style graphics that never age and some of the Best character classes i have played. Very high replay value and hardcore makes you think twice about what you do plus for those who like to add, tinker or just mess around they can mod with the
    Awesome top down rpg makes diablo 3 look shallow and unimpressive.

Very high replay value and hardcore makes you think twice about what you do plus for those who like to add, tinker or just mess around they can mod with the open community.

Worth $50
  25. Sep 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. smooth game play in good story line great game to play like the skill tree in the boss battle there a good game every one of all ages can enjoy runic games good job. Expand
  26. Jul 29, 2014
    For a loot based ARPG, there is nothing more satisfactory than the joy from a success customization build of character. This is why Diablo 2 shines. Unfortunately, Diablo 3 ruins this.

Heard that the original developers of Diablo 2 then makes a series called Torchlight. This is really a great improvement since Torchlight 1 with vast environment, improved class and skill sets. Players

Players can enjoy the freedom in their choice of stat, skill investment, and build character according to their taste. The game's impact physic is pretty as well, fun in combat is the key.

Although it is less hardcore than Diablo 2, it definitely targets core gamer markets instead. It is really a decent choice of loot-based ARPG in a theme different from Diablo series.
  27. Jun 29, 2014
    Ever since Diablo 2, the excellent hack'n'slash game I really enjoyed and spent days and days with it is Torchlight 2 the only game which is at the similar level. It has its own cartoon graphic and the game play is just...so catchy. Four difficulty levels with possibility to go NG+5 gives you pretty satisfying challenge. (and legendary drop items are not ruined by some stupid onlineEver since Diablo 2, the excellent hack'n'slash game I really enjoyed and spent days and days with it is Torchlight 2 the only game which is at the similar level. It has its own cartoon graphic and the game play is just...so catchy. Four difficulty levels with possibility to go NG+5 gives you pretty satisfying challenge. (and legendary drop items are not ruined by some stupid online auction houses) Expand
  28. Jun 26, 2014
    I literally love this game.

I literally love this game.

I was getting bored of these types of games after playing the three diablo games and a few others friends recommended, but my friend told me it was cheap and we should try it together. The first hour we delved into it I felt it was the same old game, but it was certainly fun and engaging. The randomized maps that are different, but yet still feel the same add to the atmosphere of the game and add depth. The bosses are fun and somewhat difficult, you need to know where to go and what spells to use at what times. The classes are probably the best part about the game because if everyones a different one it works together perfectly.

I don't know what else to say about this game, the graphics, style and atmosphere are all unprecedented. The mods added a ton of extra fun to have and PVP made this game a hell of a lot more fun too. If you are looking for a dungeon crawler similar to diablo, for less money but just as good other than the sound and a slight graphical change, buy this game instantly!
  29. Jun 13, 2014
    It does something, and it does it pretty well. Most importantly, it's really fun! It may get a TAD repetitive at times (still only a tad), but I find this unable to hinder my progress in the game in any way. Buy this game if you have the money, and if you're familiar with other RPG's you could find this fun as well.
  30. May 18, 2014
    Not being a fan of adventure games, I find, however, that Torchlight II is an excellent game, the best in its class, some contradict me, but that's my opinion. Torchlight II is a game with a well-crafted story, the graphics are beautiful, and even if you can only include 4 classes, classes are not less desirable. Each has its own attacks its own objects, and each complete with others. TheNot being a fan of adventure games, I find, however, that Torchlight II is an excellent game, the best in its class, some contradict me, but that's my opinion. Torchlight II is a game with a well-crafted story, the graphics are beautiful, and even if you can only include 4 classes, classes are not less desirable. Each has its own attacks its own objects, and each complete with others. The game is also good solo and co-op, although still play two more fun. In short, a game not to be missed, and play with a friend. Expand

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    Torchlight 2 offers everything an action RPG fan wants: a huge campaign, variety of enemies, a rich system of quality loot, well-balanced and fresh classes with different build options, care-free and fun multiplayer modes. [November 2012]
  2. Dec 13, 2012
    Sure, it might not reinvent the wheel as built by Diablo II over a decade ago, but Runic deserves props for perfectly recreating the formula. Many others have tried to bring their own take on Diablo to the market-and failed. Runic didn't, which makes Torchlight II an essential purchase for anyone who loves to crawl through dungeons while scoring phat loot.
  3. Games Master UK
    Nov 25, 2012
    A slick action RPG with wit and charm, this is a genuine alternative to Diablo III. [Christmas 2012, p.93]