8.6

1. Dec 2, 2012
    I waited until the steam autumn sale because this game came out right around the time of alot of heavy hitters like borderlands 2. That being said even at $19.99 this game is well worth the money and has far exceeded my expectations. I am pretty sure the creators of Torchlight are the minds behind Diablo 1 and Diablo 2. This game is pretty much what Diablo 3 should have been. In realityI waited until the steam autumn sale because this game came out right around the time of alot of heavy hitters like borderlands 2. That being said even at $19.99 this game is well worth the money and has far exceeded my expectations. I am pretty sure the creators of Torchlight are the minds behind Diablo 1 and Diablo 2. This game is pretty much what Diablo 3 should have been. In reality this game makes Diablo 3 feel like a souless cash grab. The love can be felt through the gameplay and the styling/design of the world. There are a few minor bugs and visual glitches which is why I could rate this a 9 but its really the really the only bad thing I can say so it stays a 10. Many of the complaints I see in these reviews would be resolved with viewing the controls screen and learning about things like holding **** while attacking. The music is fantastic, the graphics are very good, the story is decent and the gameplay is fantastic. I started out playing on Veteran and have not been dissapointed. Even when running through areas you already have its very common to see something you didn't the first time (if you reroll the world). The Pet inventory and spells are genius. Further, one of the best things in my mind is that loot does not bind to you when you put it on! You can use it and pass it along to friends. This game is an immediate buy if you liked Diablo 1 and/or 2. You should probably buy this if you and your fiends like games of this genre. Expand
  2. Oct 30, 2012
    Amazing game that deserves the 10/10. Right from the start you are enthralled with tons of loot, upgrading your character, and a decent enough storey to keep you on track. The main enjoyment comes from collecting all the tantalizing loot. Trying to find that next big item. And for the first time in a while ,a game that includes set pieces that you can actually collect! Feels great to get aAmazing game that deserves the 10/10. Right from the start you are enthralled with tons of loot, upgrading your character, and a decent enough storey to keep you on track. The main enjoyment comes from collecting all the tantalizing loot. Trying to find that next big item. And for the first time in a while ,a game that includes set pieces that you can actually collect! Feels great to get a full set of armour designed for your class and play style. I get that at times the game was easy, but not mind numbing enough to turn me away what so ever. Beat the game in around 25hrs with my two handed wielding engineer. Love this game. Expand
  3. Nov 9, 2012
    Torchlight II is the best MMORPG game i ever played in my whole life. It definitely beats Diablo III because it has a lot of good sides like it is easier to level up and its way cheaper than Diablo III.
  4. Nov 24, 2012
    This is a very enjoyable aRPG game that I would recommend to any fan of the genre. It's got a very nice chunk of content, and takes roughly 15-25 hours to play through the game once. Even more on Elite difficulty which for me is the best experience.

This game is just oozing with personality and passion. If you at all liked the first Torchlight then this is an absolute must-buy. It does literally everything better than its predecessor.

Some great things I can say about this game:
    -A very satisfying level-system, giving you the freedom to allocate stat points and upgrade skills however you like. The skill tier bonuses makes upgrading much more enjoyable and interesting
    -Frantic action with tons of loot. Your screen will literally be showered with loot in many instances.
    -Challenging. One of the biggest problems I had with Diablo III was the fact that each character you created had to slug through normal and nightmare difficulty. In TL2 you can start on the hardest difficulty, ensuring a rewarding challenge throughout.
    -Very replayable. Each class plays drastically different, and each playthrough of the game feels fresh. With tons of different enemies, tons of different environments, tons of loot to find and plenty of easter-eggs to stumble across. This game can and will bring many hours of enjoyable video-game goodness.

5. Nov 18, 2012
    Torchlight 2 is a really great game. An action Rpg, very similar to Diablo 2 in the gameplay, but with some little diferents, and a tons of fun. The game is veary cheap. You have 4 acts, and diferents dificulty level(the most dificult is no easy), and also you can do a new game+, ng++,ng+++,ng++++ etc.
    It's not like Diablo III, that make you farm like crazy, to get some gear or pay $$.
    If you like the arpgs this is an excellent game.
  6. Nov 18, 2012
    If you're curious about the negative rating on here - given before anybody but the lucky press (who have all had nothing but positive things to say) - it's called 'Blizzard Buyer's Remorse'. Silly rabbit, you can own both games. One doesn't have to be bad for you to feed good. Anyway, if you like aRPG's, there's no need to convince you with a long blob of text. This game will confid
  7. Nov 18, 2012
    For a game that took less than 2GB of my hard drive space, I was skeptical at first. I was sure it would be poor, because it would not have much content. I couldn't be more wrong. I started the game, it had different classes for choice, It took me less than a couple of minutes to adapt to the gameplay, and once I learned the basics I was addicted to the game. Smooth, easy to learn, butFor a game that took less than 2GB of my hard drive space, I was skeptical at first. I was sure it would be poor, because it would not have much content. I couldn't be more wrong. I started the game, it had different classes for choice, It took me less than a couple of minutes to adapt to the gameplay, and once I learned the basics I was addicted to the game. Smooth, easy to learn, but enough stuff to make it hard to master, plenty of loot, huge variety of items and monsters, great graphics, good enough campaign, and the awesome co-op play are the main points to make me love this game. It's actually very close to Borderlands in a lot of ways (I even found the claptrap as an easter egg), but in it's own way and genre. So, if you are looking for a game to spend some good time, either if you are a gamer or not, just play this game. You sure won't regret it. Expand
  8. Jun 7, 2013
    If you're into loot hunt/character building games, this is probably the best thing to come out in over a decade. For those who have never played this type of game before, it's an action role playing game, where you have abilities bound to your left and right mouse button and a few keybinds on the keyboard. The action and controls are fairly straightforward so that really anyone can getIf you're into loot hunt/character building games, this is probably the best thing to come out in over a decade. For those who have never played this type of game before, it's an action role playing game, where you have abilities bound to your left and right mouse button and a few keybinds on the keyboard. The action and controls are fairly straightforward so that really anyone can get into it fairly easily.

You level your character up by doing quests, defeating monsters, mini bosses and bosses, and you choose new abilities as you level to customize your character's play-style. You will find increasingly awesome weapons, armor, spells, and armor enhancement gems as you progress through the game. You can customize your characters appearance to some degree, and even choose a pet from a variety of critters. There are open world areas to explore, with each area having a number of "dungeons" ,(towers, keeps, crypts, etc.).

The appeal to this genre of game comes primarily from what is known as the "loot hunt". As your character proceeds through the game's content, the monsters and bosses they defeat will drop increasingly powerful items for your character to use. Depending on what skills you have chosen for your character, you're going to want to hunt for specific items that compliment that play-style and make your specific character build more powerful. These types of games can provide thousands of hours of game play--if they get the character building and item finding aspects correct, which Torchlight 2 absolutely does. If you're the type that would be into building powerful fantasy characters as a hobby, this would be a great game for you.

To the ARPG vets who have not tried this game yet, I'm not sure what you're waiting for. For $20, TL2 is an absolute beast. Even at just level 20-30, you'll have various set item pieces, a unique or two, a slew of gems to socket, some random gear enchants, weapons with powerful procs, etc.. You can assign your stat points as you level, and each stat has multiple effects so you will benefit from more than just dumping everything into your primary stat. Your gear will be interesting and you'll have to do some decision making/theory crafting even at a fairly low level. Build variation is definitely here, a glaive Outlander and a pistol Outlander will want vastly different stat assignments and gear. Unconventional builds are viable, even on "elite" setting, so long as you're willing to farm up the necessary gear and socketables. I've seen someone take a melee class and make an elite viable ranged dual pistol build.

For those of you who want a challenge, even with great gear the elite setting in the later game modes will still get you one-shot on occasion, so playing a hardcore will get your heart rate up. The loot in this game is plentiful. I've been playing for 2 months and I've got a bunch of various gear sets and weapons in multiple stashes for different classes across various levels. That being said, you will still have to invest time to get the absolute best of the best--at 215 hours into the game I still only have one rare item, and only one character that could be considered close to "super geared" for end-game, (even that character needs vast improvement for NG5+ elite). Mechanically speaking, the game is sound--there are only a couple of skills in the game that I think could be reworked.

If you're letting the indie graphics stop you from trying this, I think you're making a huge mistake if you're a real ARPG/loot hunt fan
  9. Dec 10, 2012
    If I could only say a sentence about it I'd say It wound disappoint you like Diablo III did.
    The loot you get won't be nerf'd all the time. Your gameplay won't be over controlled. And the very most important thing: you can actually have fun playing it.
    What else should you expect from a game?
  10. Dec 29, 2012
    This game is amazing. Cost you only 20$ and provide you something that is priceless. Game world is vast and huge and playable character are totally different from one another. Which not only bring the variety but also add more and more replay-ability. I starting the game for fourth time to improve one character. Each time you change the character you will have to change your game playThis game is amazing. Cost you only 20$ and provide you something that is priceless. Game world is vast and huge and playable character are totally different from one another. Which not only bring the variety but also add more and more replay-ability. I starting the game for fourth time to improve one character. Each time you change the character you will have to change your game play style and that is really fun. And the multiplayer mode of the game is also good and balanced. And the story line of the game is really good. Its a must have game for you if are a die hard hack and slash RPG fan. Expand
  11. Mar 13, 2013
    The only truly negative thing I have to say about this game has nothing to do with the game itself I am upset that I did not discover this game before I wasted $60 on Diablo 3 (though I did manage to snag it for $10 during a Steam Sale best $10 I have spent on a video game). I enjoy loot adventures and playing co-op with my brother (who lives in a different state). I felt like as theThe only truly negative thing I have to say about this game has nothing to do with the game itself I am upset that I did not discover this game before I wasted $60 on Diablo 3 (though I did manage to snag it for $10 during a Steam Sale best $10 I have spent on a video game). I enjoy loot adventures and playing co-op with my brother (who lives in a different state). I felt like as the game progressed, I would discover new things about it that I liked, things that we would often talk about why they were never implemented in different games. You can tell from the beginning that TL2 was about what the players would want from this type of game. I even found a mod for full controller support you would think this would not work as well as it does (I figured I would use it only for my alt 'zerker but use it for my outlander as well). After just completing my first run-through, my character was only at 56 with a max of 100. You have the option to reset the world and play again OR purchase different dungeon maps with bonuses attached to them (along with handicaps and stipulations). That is a tremendously awesome way to keep a player interested (especially for someone who does not care about Raid bosses or PVP). I recommend this for anyone who enjoys dungeon crawlers. Expand
  12. May 3, 2013
    暗黑2的干儿子,流畅的游戏体验,不说其它,仅凭以下两点足以成为最佳的打怪刷宝游戏:1. 完美支持Steam Workshop。2.
  13. Oct 28, 2013
    Lots of fun, whether alone or with friends. Tons of different monsters, cool levels, and of course items with plenty of room for enchantments and embers to further customize your equipment. I never really got into the story and felt nothing for the characters, but that isn't the point of this game nor was it the reason I played it. Fun to play and definitely recommended if you love ARPGLots of fun, whether alone or with friends. Tons of different monsters, cool levels, and of course items with plenty of room for enchantments and embers to further customize your equipment. I never really got into the story and felt nothing for the characters, but that isn't the point of this game nor was it the reason I played it. Fun to play and definitely recommended if you love ARPG games like Diablo. Expand
  14. Dec 8, 2012
    Perfect 10! This game is amazing and got some very good improvements from the first series..If you really liked Diablo 2 (not 3 :P) then this game is for you. Everything is amazing in this game. The skills, the alchemies, the gems, the gear, THE GAMEPLAY!! dont get to say from the start that the graphics are for kids...damn! Its the gameplay that it counts..and after all the people who arePerfect 10! This game is amazing and got some very good improvements from the first series..If you really liked Diablo 2 (not 3 :P) then this game is for you. Everything is amazing in this game. The skills, the alchemies, the gems, the gear, THE GAMEPLAY!! dont get to say from the start that the graphics are for kids...damn! Its the gameplay that it counts..and after all the people who are complaining about the graphics are those who playing WOW and LOL ...I'm laughing at them so bad.. TL2 is an amazing game..only thing that misses is the ladder system! Expand
  15. Dec 10, 2012
    Ce jeux est grandement au dessu de mes attente. A assayer et si il y a quelque chose qui vous déplais ...autre que vous n'aimez pas ce type de jeux... aller voir sur le forum pour les mod. Probablement que quelqu'un dautre n'aime pas la meme chose et a fait un mod pour arranger ce leger défaut :-) juste parfait
  16. Jul 23, 2013
    The Basics

Torchlight has really pumped some much needed blood into the action RPG genre. It’s not that it’s invented any new formula or feature. It’s that it’s got really well oiled gameplay which seems to understand itself. Runic definitely grasps the essence of the genre and what makes these kinds of games work. As a player, I can feel it in the polish of the flow of gameplay.
    The Basics

True to form, character development in TL2 is very familiar: there’s a few dozen levels, troves of gear, and stat allocations. There’s special skills and abilities, special vendors, and inventory management. However, the game takes these things to some pretty interesting heights which, when combined, make the pace of gameplay furiously fast, gratifying, and addicting.

The controls remain very simple: mouse button does most things, and the number keys are there for your customization. Stats aren’t auto-allocated: you get to build your character exactly the way you see fit. The stats themselves are relatively straightforward to understand and designed in such a way that no matter what class you pick, all of them will be useful to you. This means that even though there will be popular builds, there simply won’t be a “best” build no matter what fanatics and theory crafters say. How can I be so certain? Because there’s no best way to play this game. Runic has made player choice reign supreme it. Your single player game is yours and while there are multiplayer options, even that is custom for you and your friends.

Inventory

Sad how many modern games ignore this little, well-worn feature. They slap some bags on you and call it a day. Not in TL2. Just like the original, you have several bags. One’s for all the awesome loot you pick up, another for potions and buff items, and another for spell scrolls. Quest items don’t go in your bags. They just sit on your questlog until you use them. What’s more is they added an auto-sort feature which allows you to quickly rearrange items from top to bottom.

Also, spammy potions. However, I like the execution of it here as a mechanic. The game rewards players for using fewer potions by asking you to use them at the right time during combat. This is the difference between a potion spammer and a potion user.

Skills & Stats
    Rather than skill trees, TL2 has skill tables. Basically, the only prerequisites to learning any skill is your current level. That means no more wasting points in abilities just to get the ones it unlocks. Simply stack your points and wait until you hit the appropriate level. Or do what I do: experiment a lot.

The variety in the trees seems adequate to me. Of the classes, I’ve so far tried the Engineer and Outlander. The trees for both are varied enough to truly give the player some strong options for alternate builds. Be careful, though. There’s no way to redo your skills once you’ve spent the points; they’re permanent, but you can always undo your last 3 skill allocations for a small fee at one of the special trainers.

Arguably the most important part of character development, stats are simple enough to understand and flexible enough to ensure non-trivial benefits no matter your build. I won’t get into the nuts and bolts of stat scaling, but I will say that there’s no “bad” stats. They’re all viable for any class and allow for great build diversity. For the most part, the function of each stat is spelled out right on the character panel to give some transparency about just what’s being bought for a point. These also cannot be undone once the window is closed.

Spells
    What I like most about Spells is how they add an extra dimension to your class. As a spell wielding Outlander, I can tun his combat style to include fireballs, demons, and frost bolts. If I’m an Embermage, I can add skeletal archers or minions to my team. This feature succeeds at increasing class versatility and utility and it’s very fun to boot.

Runnin’ and Gunnin’
    It doesn’t feel like it’s going as fast as it does. One moment I’m heading out of town to shoot-up some baddies and the next I’m 10 levels ahead and still blasting away. So forget leveling grindiness (until New Game This game does that worst than all the rest and that’s a really awesome thing.

Monsters
    Forget the randomness associated with ALL creatures crawling through an ARPG. Unique monsters and bosses are actually intriguing in what they do. There’s actual challenge and fun involved. Each TL2 boss seems to be hand crafted for a specific experience. There’s some strategy involved and the monsters seem like they’re paying attention to you. This makes the fight feel more dynamic, less like another blip on the map to
  17. Feb 8, 2013
    Before I started playing it, I said this game is over-rated and there is no way it is better than his greatest competitor- diablo 3. BUT, i bought it with an extremely low price and enjoyed it. The killing, the multiplayer, the loot system, the animals, the monsters were amazing. Unfortunately, the story sucks and there is no voice acting.
    This game is a real catch for having fun
  18. Jan 20, 2013
    The ARPG that might save a genre! With D3's utter failure we(gamers) were left wondering if a truly fun and exciting genre was coming to an end? Had the ARPG run it's course? Nope, take the guys whop made D2 and fire them and have them come back and make another remarkable sequel.

The game gets a 9 from me. Would be and maybe a 10 in future if they can get the networking issues fixed. Also, the legendary loot needs work. It's almost as bad as the other ARPG that came out earlier....
  19. Dec 25, 2012
    Just picked this up the other week and I'd have to say it might be the most fun game I've played all year. I'm playing a fire "Embermage" who shoots flame spells and has a panther for a pet. The pets are nice because you can send them back to town to sell and buy things for you at vendors. You can also equip spells on your pet which they will cast in battle, so they end up being reallyJust picked this up the other week and I'd have to say it might be the most fun game I've played all year. I'm playing a fire "Embermage" who shoots flame spells and has a panther for a pet. The pets are nice because you can send them back to town to sell and buy things for you at vendors. You can also equip spells on your pet which they will cast in battle, so they end up being really helpful. The weapons and armor in Torchlight 2 are incredibly varied and I like the art work for them. The boss fights in this game are really well done, they feel like epic battles. In general I like the environments, although I would have liked to have seen one more Act, maybe in an expansion. The thing I like the most is the level of customization for your character. You can choose between various looks at the character creation screen, you can build them to use really whatever weapons you'd like, or shields. The game lets you play how you'd like to play. The play style seems to be fairly different for each character's spec, which is cool. The co-op is really fun and I believe supports up to 6 people in a game. The action is super smooth, I haven't had issues with the game stuttering or anything. For an indie game I'm really impressed at the level of polish, I haven't encountered any bugs that I can remember. Overall great game. Expand
  20. Dec 28, 2012
    Outstanding game for its genre. The game play, mechanics, and combat are all outstanding. If you are/were a fan of Diablo 2 then you owe it to yourself to give this a try. Whereas the graphics are not the photo-realism of modern games, I don't care a whit. I will take great game design over graphics any day of the week. And still, I don't mind the cartoony nature of the models, most of theOutstanding game for its genre. The game play, mechanics, and combat are all outstanding. If you are/were a fan of Diablo 2 then you owe it to yourself to give this a try. Whereas the graphics are not the photo-realism of modern games, I don't care a whit. I will take great game design over graphics any day of the week. And still, I don't mind the cartoony nature of the models, most of the environments look pretty good too. Seriously, don't waste your money on Diablo 3 (as I did..) - just load up Torchlight II and get clicking! Expand
  21. Dec 30, 2012
    The best hack n slash rpg game! Better than Diablo III! If you like h'n's rpg's you MUST play this game! Beautifull graphics, nice skills, epic battles and more... This is Torchlinght II!
  22. Mar 25, 2013
    TL2 is exactly what one should want in a dungeon crawler, looting game. And the problems in this game are very few and far in between. For example the normal difficulty is not normal, it's easy. So to get normal and then hard you should start on "hard". And the the graphic styling is not exactly new age but it's carrying a feeling that is appropriate for the game. There is alot of loot,TL2 is exactly what one should want in a dungeon crawler, looting game. And the problems in this game are very few and far in between. For example the normal difficulty is not normal, it's easy. So to get normal and then hard you should start on "hard". And the the graphic styling is not exactly new age but it's carrying a feeling that is appropriate for the game. There is alot of loot, there are alot of dungeons, there are alot of skills, monsters, quest. Many classes cause the games to have alot of replay value. Game also has a re-roll function making no two games the same, adding to said replay value.
    This is a great game folks but to make it even better it's cheap. None of that 60$ it's only 20$ that's it. Go and get it. Now. Stop reading this and buy it.
  23. Jan 5, 2013
    Torchlight 2 is about the adventure, the teamwork, the options, the variety of game play, but most importantly the fun. The moment you begin you feel immersed in this visually beautiful world, and you don't want to stop playing. TL 2 stays true to the Action RPG genre, and has a ton of re-playability. When the mod editor is eventually released, the game will be full of even more options,Torchlight 2 is about the adventure, the teamwork, the options, the variety of game play, but most importantly the fun. The moment you begin you feel immersed in this visually beautiful world, and you don't want to stop playing. TL 2 stays true to the Action RPG genre, and has a ton of re-playability. When the mod editor is eventually released, the game will be full of even more options, showing how a game that's open can be successful; a true successor to the first Torchlight. Expand
  24. Jan 7, 2013
    I have Diablo 3 and i had fun with that game, but it is later boring...Torchlight 2 is the Diablo killer for me..because pvp, play offline single, no buy for win, play for win ...
  25. Jan 10, 2013
    This game is a huge improvement from the last one. Multiplayer, better graphics and overall more content, and the best part of all.... MODABILITY! TC2 is not meant to be played mostly for storyline and is almost entirely around gameplay and having fun experiencing the challenges, bosses and loot. I will probably be playing this game for a very long time or maybe until they release the nextThis game is a huge improvement from the last one. Multiplayer, better graphics and overall more content, and the best part of all.... MODABILITY! TC2 is not meant to be played mostly for storyline and is almost entirely around gameplay and having fun experiencing the challenges, bosses and loot. I will probably be playing this game for a very long time or maybe until they release the next one(IF they do). One of the best RPG games ever and a great time! Expand
  26. Feb 6, 2013
    users ofusers of youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Expand
  27. Mar 20, 2013
    A thing of beauty. I have more then 300 hours clocked on Steam, with very good reason. This game is a hack 'n slash action RPG with 4 classes to choose from and skilltrees that allow for endless variations. The characters play the story in 4 acts, with each of these acts playing in a randomly generated world. Messing around with class/skilltree/gear is perfectly fine on easierA thing of beauty. I have more then 300 hours clocked on Steam, with very good reason. This game is a hack 'n slash action RPG with 4 classes to choose from and skilltrees that allow for endless variations. The characters play the story in 4 acts, with each of these acts playing in a randomly generated world. Messing around with class/skilltree/gear is perfectly fine on easier difficulties, but if you want to survive the highest difficulty, only the best builds will do. Weapon and armor drops have random stats just like in Borderlands. And you can customize them even further by slotting in gems and/or having them enchanted. Add in shops, a gambling vendor, fishing (heh) and a load of end-game content... Well, you get the picture by now. The best thing for me was how well balanced and polished this all feels. And at the price they're selling it, I advise everyone to try it. Expand
  28. Feb 4, 2013
    Torchlight II is not only a well done game, that could mess itself with the Diablo Series, it´s stands as a little masterpiece against the current trend in the gaming industry.

While permanent internetaccess, Cloud-Gaming, DLCs, missing Mod Support, Realmoney elements and restrictivly high anti-piracy measures become part of the daily routine in gaming development and are forced on the players without an alternative, this title is positively conservative and classic in two ways.

First the quality of the game. These is, measured on today´s standards in graphics, story, presentation, innovative gameplay etc., only average. But it is Hack and Slay in very best Diablo 2 manner, part of an ancient subgenre, which is for today´s circumstances already outdated, what results in a small amount of hack and slay titles.
    But what Diablo 2 makes one of the best PC Games of all time is the genres trumpcard, it´s uncomplicated pastime. You can play it for half an hour or while you are along the way. You don´t need to play it hundreds of hours to have a "complete" gaming experience.

And Torchlight 2 fulfills these virtues brilliantly. It offers what the players expect from it, no more no less. Spectacular fighting, an open world, individual charactercustomization and items in tons.
    In addition these virtues are supported by the boundary conditions of the game. No permanent online access necessary, full and userfriendly LAN and Mod Support and nevertheless the low price.

I think the main difference to Diablo 3 lies in the fact that Blizzard tried to modernize the Genre. The critics and the huge dissapointment of many players showed that such a modernization, for instance trough MMO mechanics or modern recommendations, is not requested and not necessary.

PS: Thanks for reading. I am sorry for my bad english, but it´s a second language
  29. Feb 9, 2013
    In the way of Action RPGs the "Diablo" franchise has always seemed to have lead the way. After playing through Torchlight 2, I'd say this game's game play easily defeats that of "Diablo". The graphics take a little to adjust to and the initial game opening starts off slow, but 10-20 levels into your character you will see exactly how amazing this game is! Many have been looking for aIn the way of Action RPGs the "Diablo" franchise has always seemed to have lead the way. After playing through Torchlight 2, I'd say this game's game play easily defeats that of "Diablo". The graphics take a little to adjust to and the initial game opening starts off slow, but 10-20 levels into your character you will see exactly how amazing this game is! Many have been looking for a "Action-RPG" that would once again make them feel the same way as they felt playing through Diablo 2. A handful of things this game simplified that Diablo 2 3 failed to execute: Inventory No more saving up Gems Embers to transmute into higher ones.
    Item Transfers You now have a personal stash and a shared stash that allows easy transfer-ability between characters.
    Full Inventory Your "Mercenary Pet" is now able to run to town and empty your inventory for you, as well as go shopping for you while you remain on the battlefield!
    Specialization Ever wanted to try an ability out to see how it pairs the way you're building your character? You can remove 3 of your last talent points spent and replace them, if you dislike the direction the new ability was taking your character's play style.
    Secondary Spells Or rather spells that you can find while playing through the game, allows more customization to one's own character, as well as mercenary pet! No more going to specific Acts on specific difficulties for that one mercenary ability you want!

Anyhow, if you can get past the initial graphic difference, since this game is definitely nowhere near as "beautiful" as Diablo 3, this game beats out any other Action-RPG, coming from a hardcore Action-RPG player who player Diablo 1, and then Diablo 2 religiously. Take my advice and get into this game, you will not regret it, I promise you!
  30. Feb 14, 2013
    This is an excellent game, I must say I was surprised at the level of quality put into it. For the genre, it pretty much blows everything esle away in terms of playability and "fun" factor. I am generally very picky when it comes to gaming and most games like this get tossed to the side after 10 or so hours, but not this one. I find myself getting lost tearing through enemies and clearingThis is an excellent game, I must say I was surprised at the level of quality put into it. For the genre, it pretty much blows everything esle away in terms of playability and "fun" factor. I am generally very picky when it comes to gaming and most games like this get tossed to the side after 10 or so hours, but not this one. I find myself getting lost tearing through enemies and clearing whole maps, not one urn going un-smashed. My only gripe would be the skill trees, in which you are pretty much stuck with your choices after choosing a skill (you only can retract the last three you chose) untill end game, or if you choose to "hack" your skills to default levels which can be done, but you are left with an asterisk I have been told. All in all, great game which is easy to pick up and instantly enjoy. Expand
  31. Feb 18, 2013
    Im play diablo I and II and this last im have in my battle net with expancion...diablo III what a fail, no objects, no sould u play with enthusiastic--Torchlight I only fail not put multiplayer...but this omg m take from steam for 9,90€ and even 20 deverve all money...this game have 2 of developers of originals diablo I and II, that why sound so family... what im love lot this game is uIm play diablo I and II and this last im have in my battle net with expancion...diablo III what a fail, no objects, no sould u play with enthusiastic--Torchlight I only fail not put multiplayer...but this omg m take from steam for 9,90€ and even 20 deverve all money...this game have 2 of developers of originals diablo I and II, that why sound so family... what im love lot this game is u hae lot free and can use guns from others chas thas its new and cool.graphic are cartoon and im like sound ists good gameplay not about to say history more stupid then diablo III but no affect game
    graphic 10
    sound 9
    history 9
    gameplay -10
  32. Feb 19, 2013
    Gameplay is great, lots of content. The graphics look good, especially the environments. Great music that fits well. My only complaint is that the story is really boring. It doesn't do enough to keep me interested in what's going on in this world, and that could be a deal breaker for many people. Why care about completing these quests when you don't care about the world or characters? It'sGameplay is great, lots of content. The graphics look good, especially the environments. Great music that fits well. My only complaint is that the story is really boring. It doesn't do enough to keep me interested in what's going on in this world, and that could be a deal breaker for many people. Why care about completing these quests when you don't care about the world or characters? It's a fun game with friends though. Expand
  33. May 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. THIS IS DIABLO 3. PERIOD.

Nuff said, what u will find in this game is a solid, amazing and utterly addicting arpg which will probably keep you playing for the next 10 years... 10 years from now this will be to todays generation what diablo 2 is to us. i say this bcos, in addition to well around 300hrs of inbuilt game play, theres a mod kit, which should push that number all the way upto 1000+...

NO RMAH!! NO ALWAYS ONLINE!!
    THERES LAN PLAY TOO!!

ALL FOR 20 BUCKS!! doesnt get better than this....and dont even get me started on the possibility of steam discounts....

LOG IN TO STEAM NOW AND BUY IT!! now!!
    DO THE UNIVERSE A FAVOR!!
  34. Feb 26, 2013
    There was a huge amount of hype surrounding the release of Torchlight II despite the impending release of Diablo 3, and it shows how Runic Games have already built a dedicated fan base on the success of the first Torchlight. The sequel is a brilliant follow-up and the developers deserve full credit for building upon their excellent debut.
    To a minor extent, Torchlight II has less charm
    To a minor extent, Torchlight II has less charm than its predecessor, but it expands and improves on every other element. The many areas are diverse and complex in their layouts, with multiple hub areas allowing you to sell loot and use the many other services available. You would be frequently returning to these hubs if it were not for the pet feature, which allows you to stock up your pet with items to sell in town while you continue exploring. It's one of the first game's best feature and makes a welcome return for the sequel. Each class has an extremely unique skill-tree, and there's a nice deviation from the generic tank/mage/ranged cliche. There is a nice diversity in the pet choices, too.
    Overall, Torchlight II is a commendable sequel, showing Runic Games' growing experience. I for one will be closely following their future projects.
  35. Mar 6, 2013
    The game plays awesome, it does what the first one but better.
    I played it about 80 hours (twice the time that i played Diablo 3).
    The lack of history didn't bother me at all cause the game is great.
  36. Apr 9, 2013
    EXACTLY like Diablo! This game just feels like someone literally took the programming from the old Diablo games and then just drastically improved and modernized the graphics and gameplay. Then, to avoid copyrights they changed the storyline and graphics JUST ENOUGH to pass it off as a new game. The storyline is IDENTICAL to Diablo, just new names and faces in place of the old ones. It isEXACTLY like Diablo! This game just feels like someone literally took the programming from the old Diablo games and then just drastically improved and modernized the graphics and gameplay. Then, to avoid copyrights they changed the storyline and graphics JUST ENOUGH to pass it off as a new game. The storyline is IDENTICAL to Diablo, just new names and faces in place of the old ones. It is hilarious. If you missed the old Diablo games, Torchlight II is the modern reincarnate.
    Though this game is plenty of fun for me, I cannot help but feel most of the fun is based off nostalgia. This game does not offer cutting edge modern gameplay, it is a take on a classic. However, this game set out to recreate an old experience with new value and they aced it. GJ Runic!
  37. Apr 6, 2013
    A true pioneering game in the action role playing game series, it manages to deliver what player wants in such a short time frame for only $20 (sometimes lower), no bullhonky DRM, no traffic jam, and possibly the first action PRG to fully support modding. I would totally recommend this to people who want to try diablo 3.
  38. Mar 22, 2013
    After long time when I play TL2,some weeks ago I get SynergiesMod and the adventures begins.The mod is awesome with that new content.still playing with fun and the gameplay is not boring.
  39. Mar 25, 2013
    This game is simply amazing. Made by the same people that made Diablo 2, this is everything you should expect diablo 3 to be. great game-play, music is amazing, exciting skills, extreme build flexibility and diversity, constant item upgrades, this game is just amazing. and at only $20, its a complete steal.
  40. Jun 3, 2013
    This game is almost perfectly made- the only real problem is the storyline, which could be a little bit better. Otherwise, the setting and art is great, for that side of the criticizing. As for the game itself, one of my favorite things is the loot. You get so much loot, you're constantly changing weapons and armor unless you get an extremely good armor set, which is another thing I likeThis game is almost perfectly made- the only real problem is the storyline, which could be a little bit better. Otherwise, the setting and art is great, for that side of the criticizing. As for the game itself, one of my favorite things is the loot. You get so much loot, you're constantly changing weapons and armor unless you get an extremely good armor set, which is another thing I like about the loot. The way the enchanted items, unique items, and set items work are great. I also like how the classes are balanced; their skills can be tailored to your particular play-style and work well with each other when playing co-op. In fact, co-op is probably the most fun part of the game. Playing with another or with 5 other friends at max can be really enjoyable.
    I have to give this a 10, because there aren't many faults... The only down is the graphics, which aren't the best, but I don't particularly care about graphics, and I assume most gamers don't either.
  41. Apr 2, 2013
    Simple, light for the operative system, smart & very very funny!! The toon-graphic is very suggestive and cool!!! The gameplay left you every single breath....If you liked Diablo, you love this too much!!
  42. Apr 2, 2013
    Torchlight II, while lacking a little bit in story line, completely blew me away with how much raw fun was in the game. I had never played a 3D hack'n'slash RPG before, and Torchlight II quickly became my most played game on Steam.

The only downsides to this game is the weak story line and that normal mode is a little bit too easy. It has excellent replayability with New Game+ and the mapworks. And now with GUTS, modding will grow hugely and there will be even more to do in this excellent game.
  43. Apr 4, 2013
    Torchlight 2 is a long awaited sequel to the original Torchlight. The graphics are amazing, the combat mechanics are well paced and the levels are randomly generated every time. Although the gameplay does not introduce anything new, it doesn't fail to bring back a sense of nostalgia for action RPG fans.

If you enjoyed playing Diablo in your youth, then consider getting it. It is more than it's value for $15 on Steam
  44. Sep 18, 2013
    Another great game from some of the original Diablo developers who started their own company. I'm not the biggest fan of the art style but if you liked Torchlight this is more of the same with some cookies. Multiplayer is a nice addition but not amazing.
  45. Apr 7, 2013
    To begin with, I have never really played or got in to arpg games in my entire life. When my friends were playing d2, I was playing cs. I've been always the fps guyg and lately I got in LoL but that games started bore me too. When I picked up tl2 I was blown away by pure fun this game was offering. I initially torrented this game but I just had to buy to suport the devs. I never new arpgTo begin with, I have never really played or got in to arpg games in my entire life. When my friends were playing d2, I was playing cs. I've been always the fps guyg and lately I got in LoL but that games started bore me too. When I picked up tl2 I was blown away by pure fun this game was offering. I initially torrented this game but I just had to buy to suport the devs. I never new arpg could be this much fun. From killing monster with my duel pistol to looting.....there are so many things to give u satisfaction which I think it lacks in most of the games today. It is especially satisfying when I kill multiple enemies with crits because they literally explode in to red mist. Maxing out dexterity on outlanders are truly fun. Anyway this game may not have the best look but it has its own beauty to it with its cartoony graphics amd I gotta admit...I need to give diablo 2 a try. This game truely opened my eyes to arpg game. Plz fps player, if you never tried arpg games tl2 is a good starter imo Expand
  46. Jan 24, 2014
    I didn't like Torchlight I that much because of the msising Multiplayer.
    But Torchlight II is one of the best Games I've ever played. Not only that it is the best DIablo-Clone ever. Also it is the only clone, that's better than the original!
    You could say that it is a better Diablo 3.
  47. Jun 16, 2013
    This is a fantastic game. I don't have a ton of experience playing action RPGs, but I was a huge Diablo fan back in the day. In my experience, TL2 is beautiful, fun, accessible and addictive. The music is extremely well done also. I cannot believe this game is only $20 (I actually caught it on sale for less).

My only gripe is the lack of native controller support. I purchased

My only gripe is the lack of native controller support. I purchased Pinnacle Game Profiler to allow me to use a controller, and it works quite well. I hope the next Torchlight installment will include it.

BUY THIS GAME.
  48. Jun 5, 2013
    This game is a solid 9 for me but I'm giving it a 10 to counter the trolls giving it a 0. Fast paced, tons of loot, tons of user created mods(I recommend playing this with the Synergies mod) and only $20. This game isn't perfect but anyone giving it a 0/10 are either Blizzard fanboys, trolls or just idiots!
  49. Aug 23, 2013
    Downloaded this about six months ago. I've logged about 120 hours into this thing so far... I'm playing it even when I'm NOT playing it... Either something is very wrong with me (very possible) or this thing is GOOD.
  50. Jul 15, 2013
    Like a true master of PR, Runic Games released their Torchlight 2 very close to Blizzards' Diablo 3. The differences between the two games seem subtle at first, but become very apparent when playing either game for a longer time. This review will put these two games side by side, because it seems the best way to get the point of this review across: Runic has taken everything that madeLike a true master of PR, Runic Games released their Torchlight 2 very close to Blizzards' Diablo 3. The differences between the two games seem subtle at first, but become very apparent when playing either game for a longer time. This review will put these two games side by side, because it seems the best way to get the point of this review across: Runic has taken everything that made Torchlight and Diablo great, and added everything it was missing to achieve near-perfection.

Big plus One: Freedom & Pricing
    TL2 is a game without DRM. It is also a game that costs far less than Diablo 3. To top it off, you get the editor along with it, opening up the way for mod communities to go wild on it. Where Diablo 3 offers a single, linear storyline with replayability only through ramping up the difficulty, TL2 offers a neverending Mapworks along with it, which keeps spawning random maps to play with various penalties or bonuses.

Big Plus Two: Customization and Character building
    Where Diablo 3 served players with an ever-increasing amount of options that could be 'respecced' as often as you wanted, TL2 offers skill trees that restrict and allow the use of specific, tailored builds and more variety in playstyles. TL2 offers a small selection of class-specific gear to find, while everything else, from weapons to armor and jewelry, is usable by every single class, again adding variety within a single class where D3 offers none.

Big Plus Three: Actually gaming, instead of worrying about money or lag.
    Where Diablo 3 offered a launch that was far from smooth, TL2 has no compulsory always-online, and no Real Money Auction House that completely destroyed in-game economy and fueled hordes of account hackers and monetary issues. Better yet, TL2 has no lag and plays more responsively, quicker and with far less issues and zero downtime. It sounds ridiculously obvious, and it is exactly that.

Regardless of the existence of Diablo, Torchlight 2 simply is one of the most enjoyable dungeon crawlers on the market. Even recent patches to both games have not managed to change this perspective.

The only advantage granted to Diablo 3 over TL2, is that it has a larger online community, but I seriously question whether D3 also has the larger amount of satisfied players.
  51. Jul 19, 2013
    Amazing game, highly addictive, fun, loot-tastic and has all the elements any rpg fan would appreciate.
    It feels like the perfect game especially with all the mods replay value.
  52. Jul 20, 2013
    A very fun Diablo-like (But better) game that has nice looking graphics, very fun gameplay, and for the price (Of only 20$ USD), it`s a definite buy If you loved Torchlight 1, Diablo, or just RPGs in general!
    Get it!!
  53. Jul 23, 2013
    Having played and loved the first game I was pretty psyched upon hearing about the squeal. After I played and was disappointed with Diablo 3, Torchlight 2 came out as if to pick up the pieces giving me a solid, great action-RPG. I played over 100 hours of this game, and loved every second of it. Yeah the story is basically not there, or just filler, but the game play is where it’s at. WithHaving played and loved the first game I was pretty psyched upon hearing about the squeal. After I played and was disappointed with Diablo 3, Torchlight 2 came out as if to pick up the pieces giving me a solid, great action-RPG. I played over 100 hours of this game, and loved every second of it. Yeah the story is basically not there, or just filler, but the game play is where it’s at. With the updated pet system which is the best, the plethora of weapons with crazy stats, the ability to choose the difficulty off the bat, being able to customize skill points, and most of all the mod support (which is now integrated with steam workshop).

It has everything to hope for in an action-RPG/dungeon crawler. I did hear people had issues with the online multiplayer, but I never experienced them while playing with friends, or just random people on servers. It’s a fantastic game, and definitely something you should pick up, or at least try the demo you won’t be disappointed.
  54. Feb 12, 2014
    I got this game from a steam sale for $5 and I can't believe what I was missing. Honestly I was looking for that Diablo 2 feeling and D3 disappointed me. Once I got this I couldn't believe how fun it was, I mean literally everything is fun, even selling things which can sometimes be a chore is a breeze just by loading up your pet and sending him to town. Awesome Game.
  55. Mar 5, 2014
    I actually enjoyed this more than Diablo III, even though TL II might seem like that game's younger sibling (especially because it is full of references to it). Nevertheless, the game offers great and detailed graphics, fast-paced action gameplay and a lot of enticing loot to collect. Add to that the game's modability and you've got yourself some long-lasting fun on your hands.
  56. i0n
    Sep 3, 2013
    A truly impressive title on it's own merits not to mention the incredibly low price this is definitely one for lovers of Diablo style gameplay. In all honesty however, I enjoyed Torchlight II a great deal more than the Blizzard title(s) and was taken aback by the pace, graphics, gameplay mechanics and replayability. This is what Diablo 3 should have been. Excellent work Runic Games.
  57. Sep 10, 2013
    An amazing game this is what I want from a Dungeon and Dragons game! I have spent countless hours playing this game there are a ton of things to do! Amazing game, buy it!!
  58. Nov 9, 2014
    If you were never a big fan of these types of games, I suggest trying Torchlight II. It might change your opinion of the genre entirely, like it did for me. I haven't found a single aspect of the game to gripe about yet, it's just incredibly fun all around.
  59. Oct 25, 2013
    I find this game to be very enjoyable. The convenience of sending your pet to the store to help clear your inventory has to be one of the best attributes of the game. The scenery is very pleasant and the effects are nice as well.

Yes this game is very similar to the game-play of Diablo, but it isn't depressing. All of the Diablo games are so gloomy throughout the entire storyline. Even though the games are similar they are still very different. You will always have similar games that fall under the same Genre. Torchlight & Torchlight 2 are very refreshing games because they allow you to progress through the game without spending half your time organizing or making attribute additions to you characters.

Torchlight II is very much like the first one, but a lot of games tend to be that way. The first game was more along the lines of a Beta version for the second. I'm glad they didn't change much and they have added a lot of new maps that aren't Gloomy and Depressing like most Dungeon Crawlers. Love the game and I am thankful to the Developers for creating Torchlight II.
  60. Nov 18, 2013
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

(If the single player is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no multplayer) (If the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no single player) Gameplay (2/2) Visuals/Story (1/2) (If the visuals are better than the story, review this section as if it had no story) (If the story is
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

Gameplay (2/2)

Visuals/Story (1/2)

Accessibility/Longevity (2/2)

Pricing (2/2)

Wildcard (0)

61. Dec 2, 2013
    This game is the best Action RPG out there! The looting and leveling are big part of this genre indeed, however this game is not that special, not so much different than other, in fact it does what needs to GREATLY! You never feel bored from using the same sets of weapons/ armor. Why? Cause looting and leveling is what this game is great about! You always get drops of some great stuff. NotThis game is the best Action RPG out there! The looting and leveling are big part of this genre indeed, however this game is not that special, not so much different than other, in fact it does what needs to GREATLY! You never feel bored from using the same sets of weapons/ armor. Why? Cause looting and leveling is what this game is great about! You always get drops of some great stuff. Not just that, but this game has a ton of boss fights, in which you get mad loot from! This game is not so different than others in the same genre, but it does what needs to do better than others. Expand
  62. Mar 20, 2014
    A very nice RPG. The community also made the mods so great, I can't stop playing every night. The music and sfx are good! nice gameplay and long story. the quests are great and it took me so long to finish on hardcore!
  63. May 18, 2014
    Not being a fan of adventure games, I find, however, that Torchlight II is an excellent game, the best in its class, some contradict me, but that's my opinion. Torchlight II is a game with a well-crafted story, the graphics are beautiful, and even if you can only include 4 classes, classes are not less desirable. Each has its own attacks its own objects, and each complete with others. TheNot being a fan of adventure games, I find, however, that Torchlight II is an excellent game, the best in its class, some contradict me, but that's my opinion. Torchlight II is a game with a well-crafted story, the graphics are beautiful, and even if you can only include 4 classes, classes are not less desirable. Each has its own attacks its own objects, and each complete with others. The game is also good solo and co-op, although still play two more fun. In short, a game not to be missed, and play with a friend. Expand
  64. Jun 29, 2014
    Ever since Diablo 2, the excellent hack'n'slash game I really enjoyed and spent days and days with it is Torchlight 2 the only game which is at the similar level. It has its own cartoon graphic and the game play is just...so catchy. Four difficulty levels with possibility to go NG+5 gives you pretty satisfying challenge. (and legendary drop items are not ruined by some stupid onlineEver since Diablo 2, the excellent hack'n'slash game I really enjoyed and spent days and days with it is Torchlight 2 the only game which is at the similar level. It has its own cartoon graphic and the game play is just...so catchy. Four difficulty levels with possibility to go NG+5 gives you pretty satisfying challenge. (and legendary drop items are not ruined by some stupid online auction houses) Expand
  65. Jun 13, 2014
    It does something, and it does it pretty well. Most importantly, it's really fun! It may get a TAD repetitive at times (still only a tad), but I find this unable to hinder my progress in the game in any way. Buy this game if you have the money, and if you're familiar with other RPG's you could find this fun as well.
  66. Jun 26, 2014
    I literally love this game.

I literally love this game.

I was getting bored of these types of games after playing the three diablo games and a few others friends recommended, but my friend told me it was cheap and we should try it together. The first hour we delved into it I felt it was the same old game, but it was certainly fun and engaging. The randomized maps that are different, but yet still feel the same add to the atmosphere of the game and add depth. The bosses are fun and somewhat difficult, you need to know where to go and what spells to use at what times. The classes are probably the best part about the game because if everyones a different one it works together perfectly.

I don't know what else to say about this game, the graphics, style and atmosphere are all unprecedented. The mods added a ton of extra fun to have and PVP made this game a hell of a lot more fun too. If you are looking for a dungeon crawler similar to diablo, for less money but just as good other than the sound and a slight graphical change, buy this game instantly!
  67. Jul 29, 2014
    For a loot based ARPG, there is nothing more satisfactory than the joy from a success customization build of character. This is why Diablo 2 shines. Unfortunately, Diablo 3 ruins this.

Heard that the original developers of Diablo 2 then makes a series called Torchlight. This is really a great improvement since Torchlight 1 with vast environment, improved class and skill sets. Players

Players can enjoy the freedom in their choice of stat, skill investment, and build character according to their taste. The game's impact physic is pretty as well, fun in combat is the key.

Although it is less hardcore than Diablo 2, it definitely targets core gamer markets instead. It is really a decent choice of loot-based ARPG in a theme different from Diablo series.
  68. Oct 14, 2014
    I've only played the game for 12 hours so far, but oh my god this game is amazing. There are so many quests and challenges that you'll need to overcome, with or without friends. I never played this with anyone else but let me tell you, this is a fantastic game. Graphics are decent, but it's meant to be played on weak computers too.

I can never really ask more from this game.
  69. Sep 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. smooth game play in good story line great game to play like the skill tree in the boss battle there a good game every one of all ages can enjoy runic games good job. Expand
  70. Oct 9, 2014
    Sooooo better then diablo
    Sooooo better then over hack'n slash
    sooooo low budget
    Sooooo great game

I played 100 hours and no one were boring for me. Must buy
  71. Dec 10, 2014
    This is what Diablo 3 should have been. It's brilliant and I would highly recommend it to anyone interested in the ARPG genre. Lots of innovative additions to the format, beautiful locations, wonderful classes with proper customisation and random levels - what more could you possibly want?

Jimbo Rating: 10/10

Torchlight 2 offers everything an action RPG fan wants: a huge campaign, variety of enemies, a rich system of quality loot, well-balanced and fresh classes with different build options, care-free and fun multiplayer modes. [November 2012]
  2. Dec 13, 2012
    Sure, it might not reinvent the wheel as built by Diablo II over a decade ago, but Runic deserves props for perfectly recreating the formula. Many others have tried to bring their own take on Diablo to the market-and failed. Runic didn't, which makes Torchlight II an essential purchase for anyone who loves to crawl through dungeons while scoring phat loot.
  3. Nov 25, 2012
    A slick action RPG with wit and charm, this is a genuine alternative to Diablo III. [Christmas 2012, p.93]