8.6

1. Sep 22, 2012
    While not perfect, it's not far from it, excellent side quests, great game-play and in depth character customisation. And when the inevitable Diablo 3 comparison comes up Torchlight 2 wins over in many, many ways. Not hard to see why it sells so well, Item system bares note in that it can be a little confusing at first and the story is a little odd so far, but still one of the best gamesWhile not perfect, it's not far from it, excellent side quests, great game-play and in depth character customisation. And when the inevitable Diablo 3 comparison comes up Torchlight 2 wins over in many, many ways. Not hard to see why it sells so well, Item system bares note in that it can be a little confusing at first and the story is a little odd so far, but still one of the best games so far this year. Expand
  2. Sep 22, 2012
    Torchlight 2 is a wonderful game. The environments are beautiful, music is phenomenal, game play is fantastic, and the loot is nothing short of amazing. You can definitely see the level of polish Runic put on this product before shipping. My wife and I have played approximately 10 hours of LAN play together (thank you or the LAN option!) and we are have a great time together. I wouldTorchlight 2 is a wonderful game. The environments are beautiful, music is phenomenal, game play is fantastic, and the loot is nothing short of amazing. You can definitely see the level of polish Runic put on this product before shipping. My wife and I have played approximately 10 hours of LAN play together (thank you or the LAN option!) and we are have a great time together. I would recommend this game to anyone who is a ARPG/dungeon crawler fan. You don't want to miss this one. Expand
  3. Sep 22, 2012
    I'm personally not a big fan of cartoony graphics style, but with the great gameplay it is easily overlooked and highly recommended. Not to mention the value is much greater than $20! Well worth playing, all 4 classes are really fun thus far (I'm in the teens in level on all 4). Then I'm looking forward to the replayability in the future through the mods!
  4. Sep 22, 2012
    ive enojyed this game more in the first 30 minutes than i did Diablo 3 up to the skeleton King in the guest pass.

Pros :>Offline mode (no need to worry about if your net goes down, your safe) :>Character personalisation that has consequences , so the game is replayable multiple times, not just once and youve seen it all like Diablo 3. :> Lagg free :> character classes and loot are perfectly balanced :> PVP straight away,, no need to wait for a year :> Pets are so much fun and fishing is a great little side thing to do, now theres more pets :> 30+ hours just in 1 play through....that is awesome. Seriously there isnt many cons.

Diablo 3 is cartoony anyway. So for those that want more Diablo 2 gameplay , offline mode and consequences for your actions, get this. If you like everything on a plate for you and boring replayability and loot whoring only, get Diablo 3. But this game trumps Diablo 3 in so many ways just in gameplay standards and its innovative in good ways not accessible, user friendly ways.. People **** that its cartoony, Diablo 3 is ALSO cartoony. One of the reasons i was PISSED off with Diablo 3 is because it was cartoony. Hopefully Runic games decides to make the next adult ARPG and this time make it realistic graphics like Diablo 2 and make an Adult ARPG that wows us. So far i dont see any faults in this game.
  5. Sep 22, 2012
    Really a fantastic game. It's funny, it's deep contrary to what some people say just to bash it, it's full or surprises, it's big, it's cheap in price but not in features.
  6. Sep 22, 2012
    Awesome game. Love the gameplay and the loot system. Is a must have if you love ARPG type games. High paced and no boring grind fest like Diablo 3.... In Torchlight 2 you actually play for fun, not to grind 10m gold to attempt to bid on 1 slightly better item...
  7. Sep 22, 2012
    Torchlight II has been a long awaited, fulfilling and not stop action packed game. I could say it gets better with age because as you level you find yourself becoming more and more amazed at the variances in loot, monsters and skills that become available to you. Runic games deserves a standing ovation for this incredible work of art that I cannot stop playing.
  8. Sep 22, 2012
    As someone who played D3 and loves the franchise...lets take a moment and not compare the two, which is what a majority of the people are doing. Lets look at T2 as it's own entity, which is exactly what it is.

Frankly, the game is fun. Serious? Not really. Competitive? Not really. But if you're looking for another 20 dollar game that you can play with your friends for hours on end, then good luck.

I mean, for its price, it's moronic to give the game anything less then a 7, it doesn't dissapoint. The amount of sheet content is flabbergasting for a 20 dollar game, not to mention its future modding capabilities which gives you limitless additions to the game. It's a breath of fresh air in today's gaming world.

As said earlier, the game is flat out fun. The elites are challenging and rewarding to kill and a large focus of the game is to enter dungeons and kill the main boss in there, thus rewarding you with a large supply of loot at the end. In the end, that's what a dungeon crawler is all about, crawling through dungeons and getting awesome rewards.

Challenging? Oh my yes. This really isn't the best solo game, if you have no friends then go join a game with REAL people and make some. I play with 2 of my friends, soon to be a full party of 4, playing on veteran. We are only at about lvl 20 at the moment but there are many times we have to be strategic so that we don't completely wipe during a dungeon. Last night we spent a good hour theory crafting our builds so that we weren't so squishy. Yes, it is cartoonie, but that's the style, if you don't like it then don't get the game.

Did I say that there was a lot of content? I have played the first act about 3 times now and although the concept of ares is the same (same dungeons same quests) the areas I find them in and the paths to traverse through them are vastly different. I could go on and on about how much I enjoy the game but to be honest, you need to try it for yourself. The game is only 20 friggilin dollars and I bet you will get at LEAST 100+ hours on it, more then likely way more. Also 20 bucks that all of your (very picky friends) will all play with you is hard to find. In fact I purchased the 4 pack of T2 for 60 bucks and my friends just paid me the difference. A game all your friends can play on different computers for the price of one Xbox game, it's insanity.

Try it, you have very little to lose. You get a game that you can play multiplayer, online, offline and modded. If you love RPGs and dungeon crawlers you have to give it a shot.
  9. Sep 22, 2012
    I thought the break-away from the 'realistic' graphic style was going to detract from my experience. But the level of details they went into in this game, combined with the successful models for loot and dungeon randomization, results in a worthy sequel and a good, solid ARPG that makes the loot grind worth it. Get it. Got it? Good.
  10. Sep 22, 2012
    Before I give you my honest opinion about TL 2 I would like to say that so far I have played almost all ARPG from the days of Diablo 1, including mods. That being said I think I will have fair comparing references at least how I experience them.

Also I would like to point out that atm my highest char is Outlander lvl. 38 and just finished act 2, so my review will lack fair judgment about end game, but considering the fact that in the near future there will be released powerful modding tool end game will become "endless". If I can compare original D2 and LoD with mods that were made for that game, I would say that mods easily and clearly was far better than original some with 100x more crafting recipes new skills , new bosses, new maps new sets new runes and new unique items.

So I do not have any doubt that some mods would expand TL2 far beyond where it is now.

But let me explain to you why I gave score 10. (Although to be fair right score would be 9.7 but there were no option for be more precise )
    Game balance so far- almost perfect. Playing on Normal and although start of game felt rather easy, later on you still can die if you are not investing in better armor or defensive skills.
    For those that feel like Normal is to easy, there are two stronger difficulties that one could choose from the very beginning.

Actions you perform on keyboard and reactions-results on screen feels just right.
    Light effects and dead animations are impressive and if you are playing alone or in team of two it may be just right amount of those. To be fair I can imagine that with 5-6 ppl all casting-using skills spells all light show may become a little to much.

Crafting system so far feels simple and rewarding.
    Maps are neither to big or to small and never boring. And randomization works quite well.
    Graphic is quite simple and "cartoon-ish" and to be fair graphically D3 feels much more rich.
    However, most of the peoples agree that game-play is most important and TL 2 have very solid one.

Customization of skill builds are great and will add to replayability.
    Music - master pieces
    Price - very cheep for what you get

However TL 2 is not the best game for peoples that want total respeccing ( although as soon Modding tool is out day after it will be some respeccing potion I guess ).
    Neither this game is for people that would like to play with game economy , like AH and real money.
    Also players that like to be the only one who got the biggest sword in the game and to show it proudly off around may find that TL 2 is not best for them.

But for all others that enjoy hack and slash and at the same time like to have have a lot of shiny loot, who like crafting and building different class builds I would definitely recommend TL2.
    Although game is not revolutionary it is rather "old school" at it's best.

Considering that Tl 2 was made in 2,5 year and only from team made of30 ppl it is nothing short of impressive.

For truly ARPG fans, don't miss TL 2 is IMHO one of best ARPG ever
  11. Sep 22, 2012
    + its runic, + theres a demo (and its a decent one), + interesting classes, + great loot, + pets, + replayability, + no drm, + $20!! (THANK you for NOT jumping on the stupid $60 bandwagon), + its on steam, + moddable!, + no internet required... - ummmm.... I had to stop playing to go to work. This game focuses on FUN, not soaking players. Blizzard could learn a lot from this game and+ its runic, + theres a demo (and its a decent one), + interesting classes, + great loot, + pets, + replayability, + no drm, + $20!! (THANK you for NOT jumping on the stupid $60 bandwagon), + its on steam, + moddable!, + no internet required... - ummmm.... I had to stop playing to go to work. This game focuses on FUN, not soaking players. Blizzard could learn a lot from this game and Guild Wars 2, which are going to eat Blizzard's lunch. Expand
  12. Sep 22, 2012
    This game is pure gold. Awesome, dynamic and exciting combat, tons of options with skills and items, enormous locations. By the way, locations are way ahead of those in Torchlight 1, more beautiful and detailed not just a bunch of square rooms. Also there is some unique stuff going on in some locations, so Runic made a huge improvement on the game world. So, Torchlight 2 is superb, andThis game is pure gold. Awesome, dynamic and exciting combat, tons of options with skills and items, enormous locations. By the way, locations are way ahead of those in Torchlight 1, more beautiful and detailed not just a bunch of square rooms. Also there is some unique stuff going on in some locations, so Runic made a huge improvement on the game world. So, Torchlight 2 is superb, and even if you happen to dislike something about it then you can wait for some cool mods to appear. Expand
  13. Sep 22, 2012
    I'm quite proud to say that this is the only ARPG that does and will have me continually coming back. During classes I would be anticipating getting out just so I could play in between them and after the day had ended. Now that the weekend is here, I have found myself playing nearly all day.

Apart from its highly addictive quality for someone who has never really been addicted to ARPGs, Runic simply did EVERYTHING else right! Attack animations are beautiful along with the environment (the randomization in this game is GREAT) and creature design. The pacing at which everything is done is fantastic as you move at a blazing pace through the world in a way that does not make the game feel rushed, only action packed. Spells firing in a splendor of just-the-right-amount-of-color-ridden awesomeness makes you really feel like you're accomplishing some feats of strength!

And how about that LOOT! Itemization in this game is entirely stupendous. At level 3 I was already having to debate a decision between two items. So many of the items feel very useful and viable in some way. The rate at which yellow rare items (uniques) drop is just right so far. Just long enough between intervals to where you're hoping for one yet not long enough to where you want to give up. Then there's the rush about whether or not when you identify that it will be useful for your class. I've found that if a unique is not what my current char needs, then it usually is useful for one of my others. Items have very interesting affixes as well.

Difficulty has been ramped up since the first game. Unfortunately the only way to accurately judge if you've chosen the right difficulty is to get to the very last of A1/ beginning of A2 as that is a much more accurate representation of what you will be facing for your difficulty choice. I thought veteran was going to be just barely too easy. . . and then Act II came and put up quite the challenge (possibly even a bit too much for me!)

The polish time spent on this game that pushed the date back was well worth it. So far, in terms of a patch wish list, the only thing I can think that I would want is just a few ui additions (which can also be easily modded, another great feature for the game's longevity). There's nothing wrong with the UI that is there, but a few cool additions would be neat. Not an improvement to other features, but additions of new ones.

Overall, runic really outdid themselves. There is a reason why this game is getting such grand scores from metacritic and professional reviewers. . . and it's because it rocks...real hard. While the game is worth a 60$ price tag you can essentially steal it for the price of 20$!! Wow! For a wonderful little 'box' of fun, just go and buy it! You will not regret it. :)

[And remember, you can like both Diablo III and Torchlight 2! ;) Even though I do prefer TL2 significantly more, these games can live in peace with each other!]
  14. Sep 22, 2012
    Torchlight 2 is the new Diablo 3. Like many, I was disappointed by Diablo III but Torchlight 2 has officially got me back into hack 'n slash games. This game is what I dreamed Diablo III was going to be like. This game has no reason to get a negative score... The loot system is amazing.

Looking for a cheap hack 'n slash game? Purchase this game.. You will not be disappointed.
  15. Sep 22, 2012
    Not only this game has more depth and content than Diablo 3 in every way possible, but it also has mod tools and you can play offline singleplayer...For only 20 euros. One of the best games this year
  16. Sep 22, 2012
    Torchlight 2 is a vast improvement over the already impressive, if flawed, first game. Multiplayer is its most important feature by far and its raison d'être; setting up a game with friends is easy peasy. Weapons types available are more interesting, uniques and sets are more numerous and more useful, and loot in general feels more satisfying. Game mechanics have received someTorchlight 2 is a vast improvement over the already impressive, if flawed, first game. Multiplayer is its most important feature by far and its raison d'être; setting up a game with friends is easy peasy. Weapons types available are more interesting, uniques and sets are more numerous and more useful, and loot in general feels more satisfying. Game mechanics have received some tweaks, character stats available through the character screen are more clear and much more exposed. Each class has MANY more unique skills at its disposal, and most skills scale well with gear stats or bonuses so you don't have the many "dud" skills of the first game. :) Torchlight 2 is a cleaner, visibly more refined, bigger and badder Torchlight and is what the original game deserved to be. Runic hit the nail square on the head with this one. Expand
  17. Sep 22, 2012
    Amazing game!! 10 out of 10!!! The PvP is so fun to play around with and its just a really really well done game, you can tell Runic really put there hearts and soul into making this and we get to sit back and enjoy it............"throws diablo 3 in the trash"
  18. Sep 22, 2012
    this is everything that diablo 3 got wrong. highly recommended. best game in a very very long time. what makes it perfect is its own flaws. I'm really quite speechless. This game brought back memories of countless hours I spent on dungeon siege or nox, except it was not boring to play it, it was very challenging, and it was well designed. will not compare it to diablo 3 as that game justthis is everything that diablo 3 got wrong. highly recommended. best game in a very very long time. what makes it perfect is its own flaws. I'm really quite speechless. This game brought back memories of countless hours I spent on dungeon siege or nox, except it was not boring to play it, it was very challenging, and it was well designed. will not compare it to diablo 3 as that game just makes me puke. sure they changed it now so its more like torchlight II; how original. Expand
  19. Sep 22, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's really amazing! 10/10! This is what everyone was waiting on Diablo 3. And even more! Torchlight 2 more beautiful, more interesting, more thoughtful. And also in contrast to Diablo 3 does not require a top-end PC. This is - the best that happened to the genre aRPG Expand
  20. Sep 22, 2012
    This game is awesome. Runic Games got it right,,,,the game is just plain fun to play. Unlike Diablo 3 this game is a joy to play and it's just so much fun. After playing Diablo 3 I was so let down. I didn't think Torchlight 2 was going to be this good, but it is.
  21. Sep 22, 2012
    Just great. That's all I wanted from a hack'n slay. Multiplayer mode is just awesome. And it's open for modding - I guess we can expect a lot of fun in the future... :)
  22. Sep 22, 2012
    This game is wonderful and perfect in every single way, I am truly amazed by how much the things improved after the first part, the multiplayer is the real thing to add. I'd like to "resolve" a few rather stupid comments I saw in reviews, which are: The game is not easy, don't be a weakling and play the game at Veteran or even harder, then come tell people that it's too easy. Also, no,This game is wonderful and perfect in every single way, I am truly amazed by how much the things improved after the first part, the multiplayer is the real thing to add. I'd like to "resolve" a few rather stupid comments I saw in reviews, which are: The game is not easy, don't be a weakling and play the game at Veteran or even harder, then come tell people that it's too easy. Also, no, Diablo 3 is absolutely pure crap compared to this title, and the negative reviews it received was from hardcore Diablo/Diablo 2 fans, while the brainless hipsters keep upvoting an obvious failure of a game. You can't even play D3 offline, for christ sakes, don't come talking it's better than Torchlight.
    Uninstall Diablo 3, and buy and play a game that wasn't built and developed purely for ripping people off for more and more money.
  23. Sep 22, 2012
    please don't look at this as some diablo clone it has similarities but thats because some members of the development team worked at blizzard north they worked on diablo 1 and 2 but other then that this game is amazing especially for the sweet deal of 20 dollars!!!!yes!only 20 dollars i reccomend you buy this and they're releasing a mod tool and the creator of torchlight even encouragedplease don't look at this as some diablo clone it has similarities but thats because some members of the development team worked at blizzard north they worked on diablo 1 and 2 but other then that this game is amazing especially for the sweet deal of 20 dollars!!!!yes!only 20 dollars i reccomend you buy this and they're releasing a mod tool and the creator of torchlight even encouraged people to remake diablo 2 using the mod tool this will pro long the games life immensely and also the graphics are great and gameplay is smooth the loot system is rewarding i doubt this game will dissapoint you if you're an ARPG fan so please go out and buy this!oh and also it has 6 player online co-op single player and LAN and also no real money auction house LOL Expand
  24. Sep 22, 2012
    A true spiritual successor to Diablo 2, Torchlight 2 has taken the classic ARPG formula and not only improved but innovated as well. Overall an amazing game that has MASSIVELY improved on the first one. For $20 this is a game that is a DEFINITE BUY. PERFECT DUNGEON CRAWL With four different classes at your disposal and several pets to choose from, the replayability of this game is quiteA true spiritual successor to Diablo 2, Torchlight 2 has taken the classic ARPG formula and not only improved but innovated as well. Overall an amazing game that has MASSIVELY improved on the first one. For $20 this is a game that is a DEFINITE BUY. PERFECT DUNGEON CRAWL With four different classes at your disposal and several pets to choose from, the replayability of this game is quite amazing. Each class has its own set spells and unlike Torchlight 1, the classes don't share any skills. What does this mean for you? A plethora of customization options! You could opt to play an Engineer as a unstoppable tank, or a support with many bots and gadgets at your disposal, or a hammer wielding hero that destroys anything in its path. The choices and builds you can make are endless. On the top of my head, I can already think of FIVE, yes FIVE, different builds for the Engineer that are not only viable but fun as well and I'm sure there's other people who've thought of builds I haven't consider yet. What can you expect from each class? You can expect no less than five different ways to play. The world is very open and beautiful. It rotates from grass levels, to snow, to desert and all around beautiful combined with great musical pieces. Another aspect of the game that is fantastic is the fact that the boss fights are VERY FUN and ENGAGING. Co-op is simply fantastic. You can play with 5 of your friends or random people and crawl through the toughest dungeons, with each person using their class in a different way, this is bound to be fun for everyone. The loot is fantastic, there's so much of it its great and you get a feel of SATISFACTION each time you get a piece. There's also mods mods mods. Really there's so much great about this game Expand
  25. Sep 23, 2012
    This game is pure ARPG bliss. I have enjoyed every second of it's massive outdoor areas, pitch perfect loot system, challenging bosses, awesome skills and weapons, and fun quests. Exploration is enjoyable and rewarded, the enemies look great and are fun to fight, and the environments are gorgeous and SO HUGE. They are filled with all sorts of secrets and mysteries to be revealed. There isThis game is pure ARPG bliss. I have enjoyed every second of it's massive outdoor areas, pitch perfect loot system, challenging bosses, awesome skills and weapons, and fun quests. Exploration is enjoyable and rewarded, the enemies look great and are fun to fight, and the environments are gorgeous and SO HUGE. They are filled with all sorts of secrets and mysteries to be revealed. There is always another quest or elite mob around the corner. Every second of this game has been well worth the modest $20 dollar price tag. These developers have listened to player feedback on the forums every step through the beta and the result as been a game that delivers near euphoric amounts of fun. I'll be playing this game for years to come. Can't wait for the first bit of free DLC they put out. Expand
  26. Sep 23, 2012
    Well, this is pretty much what I wanted Diablo 3 to be.
    Fun fast paced gameplay. Awesome loot system. Offline and online play. Interesting and versatile classes.
    Everything you could want from an ARPG can be found in TL2 and then some.

So, if Runic can deliver us this amazing game for 20$ why can't Blizzard make something remotely interesting for 60$?
  27. Sep 23, 2012
    The game is just the perfect buck for you money out there. It almost feels too cheap...

There are not many things to say.. 1. TL2 has SINGLE-HANDEDLY the best Stat distribution system in any aRPG i ve played. 2. Skill system is a huge improvement from TL1. 3. Graphs I like. I know many people don't like them, but I like the cartoonish graphs.. And when Texture mods are out, it

2. Skill system is a huge improvement from TL1.

3. Graphs I like. I know many people don't like them, but I like the cartoonish graphs.. And when Texture mods are out, it wil be better..

No point in comparing this to d2. It's like every aRPG is a copy of the diablo series.. PoE is a cheap copy, Loki is a copy, Titan Quest is.. It's the same with comparing GW2 and generally every other MMO to WoW..

The only REAL problem with the game is its responsiveness. At some points it feels stiff but that really doesn't break anything.. There will be a patch fixing it soon I guess..
  28. Sep 23, 2012
    This game is just...fun. It has an open world, big variety of environments and enemies, interesting classes and skills and so much more. It's bigger and better than the first game, and most importantly...it has multiplayer. It's just a good, solid ARPG, and any fans of the genre will surely love it.
  29. Sep 23, 2012
    I have to say this game is really well made. Torch2 runs very smooth and although I'm not a fan of the cartoony art style it is still a beautiful looking game. The loot system seems to crank out an endless stream of attractive and useful gear. The music creates a great mood for dungeon crawling and monster hunting. The skill trees seem to be pretty diverse by adding cool new powers orI have to say this game is really well made. Torch2 runs very smooth and although I'm not a fan of the cartoony art style it is still a beautiful looking game. The loot system seems to crank out an endless stream of attractive and useful gear. The music creates a great mood for dungeon crawling and monster hunting. The skill trees seem to be pretty diverse by adding cool new powers or augmenting existing ones for your character. The biggest improvments to this game over the first one is the open world and co-op/multi support. The original game although enjoyable left me feeling limited to the one town. In Torch2 you now have sprawling zones overflowing with baddies, loot, and side quests to really make this a great game. The power fx are also pretty good without being overdone and obnoxious. I am not comparing this game to any "other" title except Runic's previous title, so I am coming in to this unbiased. With a price tag of $20, loads of content, and the developers attention to detail this game easily ranks top marks in my book...10/10 can't beat this bargain. Expand
  30. Sep 23, 2012
    The difference to Diablo 3 is staggering. Where Diablo 3 did about anything they could to annoy me (their servers didn't work for several days for me upon release so I couldn't even play, the stupid health globes, the weird elites with lasers and walls and whatnot, the gold pickup radius, the lack of content, the crafting, the shop interface, the AH, ... I could go on for a long time...) -The difference to Diablo 3 is staggering. Where Diablo 3 did about anything they could to annoy me (their servers didn't work for several days for me upon release so I couldn't even play, the stupid health globes, the weird elites with lasers and walls and whatnot, the gold pickup radius, the lack of content, the crafting, the shop interface, the AH, ... I could go on for a long time...) - Torchlight II did everything to allow me to enjoy playing the game. And enjoying it a lot I do. Really, those two games couldn't be more different in all the little details. I gave D3 0/10 back then in rage... TL2 easily deserves 10/10. Expand
  31. Sep 23, 2012
    Simply awesome! For those of us who have played the original Torchlight, this game is everything we wanted in a sequel. More towns, expansive maps, tons of loot, fluid and gorgeous graphics .. what more do you want. I don't own Diablo III and I have no plays on purchasing it either. THIS is the game I've been waiting for and I'm glad Runic waited until the bugs were worked out beforeSimply awesome! For those of us who have played the original Torchlight, this game is everything we wanted in a sequel. More towns, expansive maps, tons of loot, fluid and gorgeous graphics .. what more do you want. I don't own Diablo III and I have no plays on purchasing it either. THIS is the game I've been waiting for and I'm glad Runic waited until the bugs were worked out before releasing this gem of a game. Well, I'm done with my review and am now getting ready for more Torchlight fun :) Expand
  32. Sep 23, 2012
    In Torchlight II the combat animations and feel of battle in general are liquid smooth, it just flows perfectly. It has so much more to offer than Diablo III. It actually has end game content with new game+, never ending REAL map randomizations, item enchantments, a real open world with a lot to explore, toooons of side quests, an awesome pet system, a better and more creative skill systemIn Torchlight II the combat animations and feel of battle in general are liquid smooth, it just flows perfectly. It has so much more to offer than Diablo III. It actually has end game content with new game+, never ending REAL map randomizations, item enchantments, a real open world with a lot to explore, toooons of side quests, an awesome pet system, a better and more creative skill system similar to the past Diablo title, better champion/boss fights, better item stats, endless content with the usage of game mods to create even more content for the game such as new quests, classes, items, UI enhancements, more pets, and so on! And there is just so much more that could be talked about too! Diablo III's main problem: Boooooring! I quit after about a month after launch when I got 3 level 60s because there was nothing to do. It's so straightforward: follow the path, look for the blinking icon on the map, no adventuring, no side questing, no fun. Quit for nearly 3 months total, came back when I saw the 1.0.4 patch, played for about a week, then quit again... now I am gone for good since TL2 is out! I have no regrets about leaving Diablo III behind even though I put a lot of hours into the game. Thank you Runic Games for making the ARPG that makes perfect sense!!! I will be playing Torchlight II for a long time, and I am excited to play it every single time! Expand
  33. Sep 23, 2012
    What a blast! This game is so much FUN - the story is interesting and surprises you constantly, the loot design is much fun - they aren't stingy with it at all, and I'm having fun collecting all sorts of interesting gear. I created an Embermage to hold gear for my hunter-type, and couldn't put the mage down to switch back to my higher level character! So addictive.

I've reached level 29

I've reached level 29 so far, and the experience so far has been excellent. The play style is intuitive and familiar without feeling overly familiar or repetitive. The game is extremely smooth and bug-free, which really helps keep up the feeling of immersion. The music is great, the environments stunningly beautiful. I was expecting a lot of out this game, because like everyone else, it was basically my last chance at a follow up to D2 - and it does _not_ disappoint!
  34. Sep 23, 2012
    After finishing this game with embermage I can safely say this is definitely tthe best game in the genre at the moment. It may have taken a decade, but something has finally dethroned Diablo II (and who better than a team heavy on former Blizzard North employees). There is literally nothing bad to be said about this game. The music and artstyle are top-notch, gameplay is solid and theAfter finishing this game with embermage I can safely say this is definitely tthe best game in the genre at the moment. It may have taken a decade, but something has finally dethroned Diablo II (and who better than a team heavy on former Blizzard North employees). There is literally nothing bad to be said about this game. The music and artstyle are top-notch, gameplay is solid and the multiplayer has LAN. Expand
  35. Sep 23, 2012
    Diablo 3 is better than TL 2? No !! this game better than D3. This is the one of the best A-RPG, I love offline game play also I can customize my character stats. Nice graphic, sound, music, dungeon system and many more. If you looking for continuation of Diablo 2 ? this game perfect for you, believe me.
  36. Sep 23, 2012
    Torchlight 2 embodies everything Diablo 3 should have been. The games graphics may seem a bit odd but it actually suits the game very well with plenty of blood drenching the scenery during battles too. You are able to fully control your characters build, including its stat point distribution, and each character has multiple weapon types to compliment different builds - you're not stuckTorchlight 2 embodies everything Diablo 3 should have been. The games graphics may seem a bit odd but it actually suits the game very well with plenty of blood drenching the scenery during battles too. You are able to fully control your characters build, including its stat point distribution, and each character has multiple weapon types to compliment different builds - you're not stuck with just one weapon type (like a two handed axe for an engineer or a two handed Staff for an Ember Mage) for each character there are different options which will certainly allow you to strengthen your chosen build. Looting is a major part of Torchlight 2, which in this kind of game should always be the case, and with plenty of specials, mini bosses, Large open landscapes crawling with monsters and side quests as well as the main plot line and bosses - the game is full of challenges to keep the player busy.

And of course you are able to play offline, over LAN or over the Internet so you are not forced to play a non-MMO with MMO security. This game, in my opinion, captures everything that games of this genre are about - adds a little extra magic - and then presents it to you brilliantly.
  37. Sep 23, 2012
    Excellent game from excellent developers. Already put 35hours into the game and i'm really excited. The fluidity of the gameplay is perfect, there's a lot but not too much loot, you can gamble, enchant your equipment, you can specc your char and have real chararcter progression. There's plenty to do all the time besides killing: a bit of fishing, planning your build/stats/talents, exploreExcellent game from excellent developers. Already put 35hours into the game and i'm really excited. The fluidity of the gameplay is perfect, there's a lot but not too much loot, you can gamble, enchant your equipment, you can specc your char and have real chararcter progression. There's plenty to do all the time besides killing: a bit of fishing, planning your build/stats/talents, explore the map and be rewarded for it (find phasebeasts which open portals to unique challenge areas; find new quests which give fame) and so forth.

I can really recommend the game to everyone, which loved D2. Once again you got this sense of replayability. The combat is a little bit hectic sometimes, but you'll get used to it pretty fast.

Have fun with this nice hack n' slay!
  38. Sep 23, 2012
    I haven't had this much from with an ARPG since Diablo 2. The atmosphere and setting are both bang on, the gameplay (targeting enemies, camera, mechanics, etc.) are all very well done. The only fault I can find in this game is that the story isn't memorable. Aside from that, this game is perfection.
  39. Sep 23, 2012
    Incredible game. Nothing I can say that others haven't already. This is how the genre of game is supposed to be. My only argument would be the graphics, however what it lacks in graphics it supplies in gameplay and consistency. Its actually really FUN and makes you want to keep playing. Its good to see not all game developers are obsessed with funny and maintain that "gamer spirit", and itIncredible game. Nothing I can say that others haven't already. This is how the genre of game is supposed to be. My only argument would be the graphics, however what it lacks in graphics it supplies in gameplay and consistency. Its actually really FUN and makes you want to keep playing. Its good to see not all game developers are obsessed with funny and maintain that "gamer spirit", and it clearly shows in their work here. Expand
  40. Sep 23, 2012
    This is an absolutely fantastic effort by Runic, and proves to be a god-tier ARPG with versatile skill trees, ideal difficulty (on veteran IMO), and engaging combat. That said, it doesn't really innovate too much on the ARPG template of loot-kill-loot-kill that we all know and (might) love, with the notable exception of the incredibly convenient pet system. I've already sunk many hoursThis is an absolutely fantastic effort by Runic, and proves to be a god-tier ARPG with versatile skill trees, ideal difficulty (on veteran IMO), and engaging combat. That said, it doesn't really innovate too much on the ARPG template of loot-kill-loot-kill that we all know and (might) love, with the notable exception of the incredibly convenient pet system. I've already sunk many hours into this gem, and I'm sure my social life will continue to be crippled for weeks to come at LAN parties and late night single player sessions. The $20 price tag is practically thievery, so you should probably buy it right now, even if you don't even WANT it. Only point reduction is for lack of originality, but honestly, it's an insignificant niggle and won't effect your enjoyment too much. Why haven't you bought it yet? Was I not clear or something? Expand
  41. Sep 23, 2012
    This game is what Diablo 3 should have been. Loot system is 10 times better, it actually has randomized maps, and just plays a ton better than D3 ever could.
  42. Sep 23, 2012
    This game is truly outstanding. I am new to the ARPG genre, and it definitely keeps the player engaged in the action. For a price of $20 along with free DLC and a full TorchED system in the near future, this game definitely has to be the best bang for the buck. I preordered the game through steam because I was looking to play something different, and after playing the first TorchlightThis game is truly outstanding. I am new to the ARPG genre, and it definitely keeps the player engaged in the action. For a price of $20 along with free DLC and a full TorchED system in the near future, this game definitely has to be the best bang for the buck. I preordered the game through steam because I was looking to play something different, and after playing the first Torchlight (came with the preorder), I had to agree that a co-op feature was desperately needed. I recently played this game with a friend of mine, and the gameplay is seamlessly smooth. It's the truest form of co-op I have ever played. Even to the point that players can be in different realms on the same server, yet still remain on a synchronized server. Outstanding. I didn't know how much to expect for only $20, but I will say that this game is easily worth $40. No game is really worth $60, but sometimes we do what we must. I think Runic's tactic here longterm will bring them much more in terms of profits. A $20 game is safe gamble-- they can rake in new players, and I for one, am sure that I will buy any Runic titles in the future. I have been disappointed by EA and Activision far too many times. They don't even try to impress their player base anymore... not to mention the myriad of bugs at release. This game runs as smooth as silk from day one. Anyway, purchase this game, or at least try the Free Demo on steam to see what you think. It's definitely worth the buy, its A TON of fun. Also, to those who say the game is not challenging, it starts out easy, but get much more difficult as you progress through the game. Thanks for reading, and do the right thing. Buy this game! Expand
  43. Sep 24, 2012
    A true spiritual successor to Diablo. The art is a bit cartoony, but otherwise it seems to be on par with Diablo II in terms of depth and fun-factor and surpasses all Action RPGs with it's smooth, slick and rewarding combat. On top of its initial appeal, it looks like there's a ton of room for meaningful build customization. I would much rather have spent $60 on this game than the one IA true spiritual successor to Diablo. The art is a bit cartoony, but otherwise it seems to be on par with Diablo II in terms of depth and fun-factor and surpasses all Action RPGs with it's smooth, slick and rewarding combat. On top of its initial appeal, it looks like there's a ton of room for meaningful build customization. I would much rather have spent $60 on this game than the one I bought a few months ago. This is the real deal. I would dock it a point for minor issues, but it's $20 and it was just launched. I have no complaints. Expand
  44. Sep 24, 2012
    Lets get the obvious first, Torchlight II is the greatest action RPG of all time and maybe the best game ever made. Do not mind the Diablo fanboy reviews seen here on Metacritic, they cannot stand that 20$ game developed by few guys at Runic could deliver a masterpiece like Torchlight II. So, what exactly is so good in Torchlight 2, well the answer would be everything. The gameplay isLets get the obvious first, Torchlight II is the greatest action RPG of all time and maybe the best game ever made. Do not mind the Diablo fanboy reviews seen here on Metacritic, they cannot stand that 20$ game developed by few guys at Runic could deliver a masterpiece like Torchlight II. So, what exactly is so good in Torchlight 2, well the answer would be everything. The gameplay is perfect, the balance is perfect, the pace is perfect. The game simply is perfect. Expand
  45. Sep 24, 2012
    This is exactly what Diablo III should have been. It's a hundred times better and anyone who says otherwise has obviously never played the game - twenty dollars, full modding support, offline play, a legitimate class system, and you actually get to choose your skills. That alone should be enough to buy this game.
  46. Sep 24, 2012
    Every single red review mentions D3 at least once and was obviously made by a D3 fanboy. Don't listen to them. One of them was even going to give the game a 7 but instead gave it a ZERO because of all the tens T2 was getting. WHA??? What kind of insane logic is that? T2 takes everything from T1 and makes it better. EVERYTHING! But why take my word for it? IT ONLY COSTS $20! Go buyEvery single red review mentions D3 at least once and was obviously made by a D3 fanboy. Don't listen to them. One of them was even going to give the game a 7 but instead gave it a ZERO because of all the tens T2 was getting. WHA??? What kind of insane logic is that? T2 takes everything from T1 and makes it better. EVERYTHING! But why take my word for it? IT ONLY COSTS $20! Go buy it and find out for yourself. Anytime you find a $20 game that you would gladly pay $60 for, it's a good day. Expand
  47. Sep 24, 2012
    I honestly believe reviews should be about the game in question and not be biased by other reviews or anything else for that matter.People coming here giving 0 to balance out something they personally feel is wrong is just a proof of their lack of intelligence.Now on to the game itself:.I played it and found it to be a wonderful game with atmosphere and game-play I yet have to see inI honestly believe reviews should be about the game in question and not be biased by other reviews or anything else for that matter.People coming here giving 0 to balance out something they personally feel is wrong is just a proof of their lack of intelligence.Now on to the game itself:.I played it and found it to be a wonderful game with atmosphere and game-play I yet have to see in another RPG.Do not listen to the people boycotting this game and saying it's bad and it doesn't offer a challenge because they are obviously great big liars who couldn't have seen anything relevant in the game since it's release.They are making up half of the bad observations on it just because they are butt-hurt over people saying it's better then diablo 3 which in my opinion is not far fetched at all.The music and scenery in the game is beautiful as expected and the boss fights are amazing too.I urge the diablo 3 and blizzard fan(atic)s to please leave this game alone and mind your own business.We don't go on diablo 3's score and unfairly rate it without having even played it,buy the game and actually play it please and then come here and rate it honestly if you want to appear credible because honestly so far I haven't seen to many honest bad reviews. Expand
  48. Sep 24, 2012
    Better then Diablo 3 for the third of the price. Those who like the gameplay of diablo 1 and 2 gonna prefer Torchlight series because it look more like it. One little problem: Normal mode is a little too easy. So if you have play other hack and slash, play at veteran level of difficulty.
  49. Sep 24, 2012
    Beautiful game! A true deserving successor of Diablo I and II and basically the only point-click ARPG left that keeps intact the initial roots that made them so successful.
    As many of us here, I bought Diablo 3 waiting for an amazing new era of the benchmark of ARPGs, however I was completely disappointed and disgusted with what they made out of it. Torchlight 2 on the other hand, did almost everything right this time around. It kept the same feeling of continuous exploration/adventure by having randomized maps. It kept the quirky little things that made the game special for most of us, like scrolls, spells dropping from mobs, town portals, etc. Most importantly it also got the loot system right!! They do understand what is what made Diablo I and II successful regarding loot system, things like having random gear sets dropping from mobs from level 1, keeping the hierarchy of rare items and managing to keep an interesting socketing system without being overpowered. The talent system and character progression is the same old (in a good way) system from Torchlight I and Diablo I and II, which allows you to have a dual progress of your character by having a spell's tree and a character attributes customization. Now on to what Torchlight offers IN TOP of getting the old school mechanics right. 1) Pets and fishing, still a side dish to the game but amazingly fun and interactive to what you do. 2) Weapons, great deal of them!! and actually viable weapon switches. I don't feel pigeon holed into a weapon that "my class is supposed to use". 3) Classes, yes!!!, they managed to do a different style of classes without screwing up, now there are not entirely different per say, but a little twist here and there in each one of them keeps it fresh. Now the things that need improving: Internet multiplayer system is very outdated. This is probably the only place where D3 has the upper hand. Of course, we are talking about a $20 game with 2-3 years of development VS millions of $ + 10 years + global online infrastructure (battle.net) + $60 price tag. The other part than could be better are graphics and sound. While graphics have a nice approach with the cartoonish style, they really could use a better engine. Sound is unfortunately lackluster, the quality of it I mean. Conclusion: Best point-click Action RPG since Diablo 2, plain a simple. It deserves a 10/10 because above all we are talking about a $20 game, that did everything right plus more. Could use improvements in the multiplayer internet system, graphics and sound, but for it's price tag I feel that we are getting FAR more. Finally, the support that as customers we should provide to this team and Runic, they clearly have the TALENT there without the greediness and sloppy ideas that made Diablo 3 fail, at the end of the day I think is about having Talented people designing the game, and that's what this team has and Blizzard doesn't anymore.
  50. Luc
    Sep 24, 2012
    Liberté, loot intéressant, développement du personnage "custom", niveaux de difficulté au choix, mods à venir, tout y est, c'est un jeu amusant et jouissif et surtout dans la lignée de Diablo ; je pleure sur l'arnaque Diablo et ses hôtels de vente en comparant les prix des ces 2 jeux.
  51. Sep 24, 2012
    This is an amazing game. It is astounding how talented the Runic Games team is. Even without Blizzards money they managed to create such a great game. I can not fault it in any way. I am not saying it is the perfect game, it's just so quite and solid as far as gameplay goes that you forget to look for flaws. I will be giving this game a 10 out of 10. It deserves it.
  52. Sep 24, 2012
    $20 game that plays like a $60 game. It is a great game even if you already have D3. Personally I like the Diablo 2 style skill trees with only minor respecing allowed. But i can see how some will dislike it. But if that is your only issue with the game I would overlook it and try it. Also I am greatly looking forward to the mods which there should be plenty with such a large player base.
  53. Sep 24, 2012
    I give it 10/10 because it is a really challenge so far. Even though the act seems short, but it is really exciting game after the 10 years of Diablo 2. It is a well done game from the makers of Diablo, Diablo 2 and Torchlight. USD20 is worth the game to be play with. Please do not pirated it as the creators has done alot of work on it and they release it in a affordable price forI give it 10/10 because it is a really challenge so far. Even though the act seems short, but it is really exciting game after the 10 years of Diablo 2. It is a well done game from the makers of Diablo, Diablo 2 and Torchlight. USD20 is worth the game to be play with. Please do not pirated it as the creators has done alot of work on it and they release it in a affordable price for everyone to go for offline , online or Lan. Expand
  54. Sep 24, 2012
    This is by far the best game in its genre to date. The speed of play combined with the instant gratification and progress of your character create an experience that is nearly impossible to tear yourself away from. The frenetic boss encounters, challenging mobs and the possibility of EPIC LOOT add to the feeling of constant progress which marks Torchlight 2 as an ultimate achievement notThis is by far the best game in its genre to date. The speed of play combined with the instant gratification and progress of your character create an experience that is nearly impossible to tear yourself away from. The frenetic boss encounters, challenging mobs and the possibility of EPIC LOOT add to the feeling of constant progress which marks Torchlight 2 as an ultimate achievement not only in its genre but in the grand spectrum of entertainment as a whole. I cannot recommend this game more highly. For the experienced dungeon crawler or to the Hack n' Slash first timer this game is sure to hit the loot button in us all. Not just once but hundreds of times. Expand
  55. Sep 24, 2012
    Amazing and addicting game. Tons of enemy variety with lots of bosses and minibosses in each of the large zones and dungeons in the game. The environments are pretty and vary from bright forests and deserts to snowy plains and dark swamps, each with their own unique look. Tons of loot dropped from enemies and chests, although admittedly much of it useless but you can come across the oddAmazing and addicting game. Tons of enemy variety with lots of bosses and minibosses in each of the large zones and dungeons in the game. The environments are pretty and vary from bright forests and deserts to snowy plains and dark swamps, each with their own unique look. Tons of loot dropped from enemies and chests, although admittedly much of it useless but you can come across the odd unique weapon from bosses. The 4 classes are all cool and each have 3 talent trees to suit a subclass of your choice, for example engineers have a talent tree with skills suited for two handed warrior, machinist, and even a more defensive tank sort of playstyle. There are also about 6-7 types of pets you can choose from your character compared to just cat or dog from the original Torchlight and the Fate games. The story is pretty shallow but it's servicable for giving you a reason to slaughtering things and making flashy animations burst everywhere on the screen. The graphics are cartoony and WoW like and much more colourful than what might be seen in Diablo III. The particle effects have been upgraded so that explosions and stuff are prettier but it may also be more stressful on older computers like mine compared to the first Torchlight. There is also a co-op mode in the game although I was unable to play it on my pirated copy of the game

Overall, awesome game and for $20 ( which I didn't pay) you can't go wrong. Or if you torrent it like I did, at least buy the game to support the developers later on.
  56. Sep 24, 2012
    yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

sss
  57. Sep 24, 2012
    The Good: Loot System - endlessly rewarding with no auction house to spoil the fun. You want godly gear in Torchlight II? you play the game, simple as that. - Enemy Diversity - so many unique types of enemies and its not just champions that have crazy abilities, some regular enemies have very nasty racial abilities - Price - $20 for a game that easily rivals if not defeats Diablo III asThe Good: Loot System - endlessly rewarding with no auction house to spoil the fun. You want godly gear in Torchlight II? you play the game, simple as that. - Enemy Diversity - so many unique types of enemies and its not just champions that have crazy abilities, some regular enemies have very nasty racial abilities - Price - $20 for a game that easily rivals if not defeats Diablo III as an aRPG. also the soundtrack is free, just google it. - MUSIC - composed by Matt Uelman, who did the music for Diablo 1 & 2, giving this game's music a much more Diablo feel then Diablo III itself. - Technical - The requirements for this game are very low and the game runs extremely smoothly all the time, I have yet to have a single crash or even a single frame lag. - Offline Mode - Self explanatory, no dealing with lag, no logging in if you don't want to, and you can go online at any point and even host LAN parties, i haven't much seen this option let alone used it since the days of Diablo 2. - MODS - again, self explanatory, any dev that endorses modding gets points in my book. The Bad: - Interface - the interface isn't terrible, its just not really that great either, just average. - Story - This is the only real down point in this game, the story is just not interesting on any level, that cliche ridden abomination full of long winded speeches and annoying cut scenes called a story in Diablo III is actually more interesting than the story in Torchlight II. However, torchlight's story is deigned in a way that you can totally and completely ignore it if you so choose and be just fine, which is exactly what I am doing. I'm in act 3 in torchlight II, lvl 50, around 18 hours play time, and I couldn't tell you the first thing about the story. TL;DR? buy it, its only $20, I haven't regretted a single second or a single penny I've spent on this game. Expand
  58. Sep 24, 2012
    Amazing is simply an understatement whilst playing Torchlight II, this, like the predecessor of Torchlight I contains the same, intuitive content and stunning gameplay, but as they said have added a whole new multiplayer platform boosting player experience on a whole new level adding in player interaction, trading, and instance based multiplayer combat. I personally have always found theAmazing is simply an understatement whilst playing Torchlight II, this, like the predecessor of Torchlight I contains the same, intuitive content and stunning gameplay, but as they said have added a whole new multiplayer platform boosting player experience on a whole new level adding in player interaction, trading, and instance based multiplayer combat. I personally have always found the Torchlight series much better than other dungeon crawlers such as the infamous Diablo series and the team at Runic have never ceased to amaze me with the modifiability, support and all the features packed into the Torchlight series making this the epiphany of Dungeon crawler games as of 2012. Expand
  59. Sep 25, 2012
    This game deserves every 10/10 ratings given! It fast paced, challenging, tonnes of loots, tonnes of side quests and many more things to be done in the game. It just keeps getting more and more interesting. And the best part is, its mod-able and has so many great potentials. The developers marketing the game at $20 had definitely under priced it.
  60. Sep 25, 2012
    Thank you Runic Games, I knew you will make a flawless game :) For all the haters that rated this game a 0 on the release day, shame on you! Come here and give bad ratings after you actually play the game.
  61. Sep 25, 2012
    Visuals: TL2 doesn't focus much on visual appeal. This is a sword, this is a gun, these are monsters. It has an almost cartoony look to it but the gear still looks badass enough so that it doesn't get annoying. As far as the skills are concerned i think they both are tied. They have different styles but TL2 is more pleasing to the eye. It isn't bright to the point that it is annoying butVisuals: TL2 doesn't focus much on visual appeal. This is a sword, this is a gun, these are monsters. It has an almost cartoony look to it but the gear still looks badass enough so that it doesn't get annoying. As far as the skills are concerned i think they both are tied. They have different styles but TL2 is more pleasing to the eye. It isn't bright to the point that it is annoying but enough so you can clearly tell what everything is and the action doesn't blur your vision to the point that everything kind of melts together. (as it feels like it does sometimes in D3). As far as physics are concerned Diablo 3 definately wins. Crumbling stone, Monster gibs are very satisfying, and the environments almost falling apart in some areas really adds immersion to the gameplay. The models in TL2 look like they had a little more love put into them. The swords aren't flat and dont look paper thin, And the wide variety of ranged weapons for mostly one class really impressed me.
    Monsters: The monsters in diablo felt generic, uninteresting, and just plain bland most of the time. Mostly borrowing from the previous games and adding a few from other games it really didn't bring any surprises. Even the bosses felt kind of boring with the butcher being the generic bad guy from about 10-20 different video games including previous diablo games. The champions in TL2 have been greatly improved from the first one but after playing d3 for so long they felt like pushovers. While some people may have been disappointed with how simplistic the champion design is i was actually thankful i didnt have to spend 30mins-1hour fighting one champion because my gear wasn't godly at the time. I was also thankful there were no invuln minions, reflect damage, mortars, desc, or the ice bombs. Because it meant i didnt have to hop around the map trying to sneak a shot in time from time while trying not to get killed in 1-2 hits. Overall TL2's champions were slightly not challenging enough (i played on veteran) and D3 was too unforgiving. Gear: Here is where TL2 truly shines. Gear is plentiful, and gear of all rarities are useful with uniques being rare enough and with good enough affixes that it would immediately replace the rare gear you had before without making you feel like you NEEDED it. It took me 3 uniques until i got one that i could actually use so i stuck the others in my shared stash for alts and didn't find myself disappointed that i didn't get more. The rare and uncommon drops had good enough affixes, and all useful for my class so i didn't mind not getting godly gear. In diablo 3 had i gotten gear with strength or intelligence (focus in tl2) i would have been pissed and vendored that !@#$, but in TL2 some strength or focus is actually useful for my mostly Dexterity class. They balanced the skills so that every class can benefit from bonuses in each of the 4 stats. And if you dont like certain affixes on your gear you can pay some gold and get them removed via enchanter, and also add in more enchantments depending on how good the enchanter is. This allows for great customization in gear and makes almost every rare or higher drop worth keeping. In diablo 3 getting gear feels like cycling through garbage for hours or even days to find 1 hidden diamond.
    I've seen people complain about TL2 interface but honestly i found it to be much simpler and easier to understand than D3. It has no hidden modifiers, any additional information you want to know can be found in your arcane statistics (J). Plus you can load your pet up with any loot you dont want and he will go to town and sell it for you so you can spend more time actually playing the game.
    Basically if you love to grind and spend hours upon hours praying to find something godly, or even worth putting on the AH; then play D3. If you like to play ARPGs and kill monsters, get lots of loot, and have a ton of fun; then play TL2
  62. Sep 25, 2012
    This game is really a vast improvement over the first. Obviously the co-op is a big part of the improvement, but the graphics and game play have been tweaked for the better making the cell shaded graphics less blocky and with the addition of new characters that you can customize as opposed to the ones in part 1 where you simply pick from the ones pre-made. Items are easier to swap betweenThis game is really a vast improvement over the first. Obviously the co-op is a big part of the improvement, but the graphics and game play have been tweaked for the better making the cell shaded graphics less blocky and with the addition of new characters that you can customize as opposed to the ones in part 1 where you simply pick from the ones pre-made. Items are easier to swap between inventories and markets while you now have better options for your pet. The skill menu was is now improved by tiers as opposed to 1/20 like in T1. The story is drastically better too, as opposed to the more generic one in part where it was just kill god/demon and end of story, now one of the previous main characters the Alchemist (who you may have played as like me if you chose the spell caster) has now gone insane as hinted at the end of part 1 with power and is causing devastation around the world and has defeated his previous partners making the player a new character set on the path to stop him.

Over all, and THIS is what you care about, the game is just more fun to play and isn't that what really matters?
  63. Sep 25, 2012
    This game is hands down better than Auction House 3. Now you can play on any difficulty you like in a world that constantly changes in every playthrough. It's only 20 bucks and with content like this it's probably worth more. No more having to endlessly grind through the same 2-3 levels just to buy garbage items from an AH to slightly improve your stats. In other words this game is fun fun fun!
  64. Sep 25, 2012
    It was kind of disappointing that I had to wait for a year to finally play this game, but it was totally worth pre-purchasing. I totally enjoyed it when it came out. Even though I couldn't play online at first, single player totally satisfied me. It is so much better than the first Torchlight game because Runic Games totally listened to critics about making this game coop and otherIt was kind of disappointing that I had to wait for a year to finally play this game, but it was totally worth pre-purchasing. I totally enjoyed it when it came out. Even though I couldn't play online at first, single player totally satisfied me. It is so much better than the first Torchlight game because Runic Games totally listened to critics about making this game coop and other features that others have requested. This game really feels complete. I totally love fast-paced games, and this game is totally fast-paced. The action fighting is where all the speed. Even like the cartoon-styled art. I know some people don't like it, but if the graphic style were to change completely versus the 1st game, then I don't think it would be worth calling it the 2nd Torchlight. I'm glad that Runic Games kept lots of originality in the art style. Buying this game for $20 is totally worth it. I held off from buying the "rival" game, Diablo 3, because it was too expensive for me... I did not hesitate to buy TL2 because of the great price it displayed. Thank you, Runic Games, for giving people many hours of endless fun. I'm almost at 1 whole day of playing this game and it's only been out for 5 days so far. So overall, I give this game a 10/10, because it feels so complete compared to the first game. Loot on! ;D Expand
  65. Sep 25, 2012
    Absolutely stunning! Beautiful graphics, amazing monsters, F****** awesome loot...did you hear me? AWESOME LOOT!

Looking back I now wish I would have bought the package of more than one game! Definitely worth every penny!
  66. Sep 25, 2012
    I´ve just played TL2 for about 10 hours and already i love this game. Though i kinda dont like the fact that u cant respec. Its just trial and error. But maybe thats a good thing. I dont know. Anyway this game is awesome!
  67. Sep 25, 2012
    This is what D3 should have been. I highly suggest you buy the four pack on steam and play co-op with your friends. I had so much fun exploring the game and having FUN I lost track of time and here I am burning a sick day from work. :)
  68. Sep 25, 2012
    Completely addictive, with superb graphics and many many varying enemies and landscapes (no more boring - repetitive dungeon after dungeon gaming) !! Players don't have to limit their characters on one development tree anymore, but there can be combinations of spells and possibilities. Took the good old Torchlight some light years beyond. I really love it and I highly recommend it ( ICompletely addictive, with superb graphics and many many varying enemies and landscapes (no more boring - repetitive dungeon after dungeon gaming) !! Players don't have to limit their characters on one development tree anymore, but there can be combinations of spells and possibilities. Took the good old Torchlight some light years beyond. I really love it and I highly recommend it ( I haven't played Diablo 3 yet and I don't think I will either). Expand
  69. Sep 25, 2012
    Much better than Diablo 3 this game is awesome i love every single monster kia in battle...LOVE LOVE LOVE this game you wont waste your money...DIABLO 3 ARE DEAD...RIP BLIZZARD AND ACTIVISION
  70. Sep 25, 2012
    I Loved Diablo 1, I loved Diablo 2. After seeing the slow decline in Blizzard since Warcraft 3, I did not pursue interest in Diablo 3 after many things I saw implemented into the game system that really killed it for me. I played Torchlight 1 and was not impressed, then along came Torchlight 2, and I am: as many would put it, IMPRESSED!!
    Take What made Diablo 2 fun and update it by
    Take What made Diablo 2 fun and update it by removing the tedium (selling junk, using potions and inventory management)

While for some the graphics may seem childlike, I could agree, at first. But honestly when I am running a steady 60+ FPS with never any slowdown or graphical glitches, it can look like mine craft for all I care and is something that is easily looked past within the first hour of play.

The story is intriguing and the voice acting acceptable for today's standards. It won't blow you away, but it will rarely (if ever) make you cringe.

Loot seems right on top for how often a blue drops you may enjoy using to a unique, or even a green.
    You'll find yourself harken back to the days of Diablo 2 trying to finish that awesome set for the bonuses, or grinding away to find embers (socketables).

Character customization is here, and gladly accepted. Diablo 3 and all games seem to treat us gamers like complete idiots and dumb down intricate systems of customization, not here. You tailor your stats and then create your build, no two builds are the same due to the amount of options per class.

Bottom line, for 20 dollars, this is the BEST investment you could make if you enjoy the A-RPG genre, another major factor why I couldn't justify shelling out $60 to Blizzard for Diablo 3.

And of course, why is this game a spiritual successor to Diablo 2? Well Matt Uelman of course. During your play you can almost hear bits of the music give you a taste of Diablo 2 and 1.

The ace in the whole for the entire series was lost when Blizzard North got decimated and they lost Matt Uelman, look no further, he's here, he's alive...in Torchlight 2.
  71. Sep 25, 2012
    This game is AWESOME

PERFECT in every points

I can't beleive that I bought this GREAT GAME for ONLY 20$

Thanks Runic for this game, you rock!
  72. Sep 25, 2012
    Torchlight II is the pc game of the year 2012. It slaps Diablo III in the face by doing things differently, yet it mimics some parts of the Diablo series. Which makes Torchlight II even more ridiculous yet wonderful. Its attitude is a bitter pill for Blizzard and its developers. And a blessing for the disappointed Diablo fans.
  73. Sep 26, 2012
    What more needs to be said? The launch was flawless, other than the fact that their website was hit with so much traffic due to people registering for accounts, and as a result, many people weren't able to register and play online. Those that were able to register before the mayhem started were able to play online. But this was only a minor inconvenience in reality. Why? Torchlight II hadWhat more needs to be said? The launch was flawless, other than the fact that their website was hit with so much traffic due to people registering for accounts, and as a result, many people weren't able to register and play online. Those that were able to register before the mayhem started were able to play online. But this was only a minor inconvenience in reality. Why? Torchlight II had single player available at launch, as their previous title had. Not only that, but the characters on single player are linked to those you use on the internet, so even if you weren't able to play online the day of release, no time was lost!

If you like ARPG's, a number of the people at Runic Games came from a more known company: Blizzard North, who was behind Diablo 1 and Diablo 2. Needless to say, Torchlight II fits the bill of a superb ARPG, as to be expected from former Blizzard North employees.

The people at Runic know how to make an ARPG. They don't try to force a story-line on you. They don't repeatedly nerf/buff in the name of balance, because an ARPG is not all about balance. They don't release "new" items with the same exact bland affixes and call them new.

Other companies, mainly Blizzard (I like to call them Blizzard South still), are trying to morph the ARPG genre into a more MMORPG style where content is released in tiers, players and monsters are constantly balanced around one another, and items are based off of primary stats and weapon DPS. This is not the case whatsoever with Torchlight II, they have shown time and again that they are sticking to their roots with ARPG's, and I don't foresee that changing any time in the near future.
  74. Sep 26, 2012
    OK, I must confess I was only going for a 9.5 for TL2, but can only go whole numbers, so 10 / 10 it is. At first it's a bit cartoony to me, but get use to it pretty quick. The game play / boss / drops / offline / character designs.... are all great. Have been trying all the characters and didn't mind to run through the same quests again for all of them. One thing I would like to have isOK, I must confess I was only going for a 9.5 for TL2, but can only go whole numbers, so 10 / 10 it is. At first it's a bit cartoony to me, but get use to it pretty quick. The game play / boss / drops / offline / character designs.... are all great. Have been trying all the characters and didn't mind to run through the same quests again for all of them. One thing I would like to have is the ability to re-do an act so I can get the different pieces of the quest rewards! Not that's a big issues, just a personal thing for wanting to collect all the pieces (if I can). There's a slight bug / issue I have with the game, sometimes the mobs are off screen and literally becomes invisible but they can still attack you from that range. Not a big issue, but would be great if that's fixed. Actually there's another thing, would be great to respec more than 3 skill points (I don't mind using the console for the respec-potion though). Ah, and music / sound effect is great!
    I like the different magics / skill / gameplay / random dungeons at the end. Look forward for more patch / expansion / contents later, although even without them, I'll probably be playing for at least the next 6 months or so. =P

Awesome game for $20! It's almost a steal (buyer's advantage) . Must try for anyone that likes the ARPG genre.
  75. Sep 26, 2012
    Frankly, I don't usually review games that much, however I am an avid gamer, and with that I would definitely say that Torchlight 2 deserves a 10. Based on my experience on playing different games, I could say that TL2 truly shines among the lot. TL2 offers a good bit of variety to the fray (pleasant lighting, varying creatures, overall flow of the game), oftentimes I feel immersed as IFrankly, I don't usually review games that much, however I am an avid gamer, and with that I would definitely say that Torchlight 2 deserves a 10. Based on my experience on playing different games, I could say that TL2 truly shines among the lot. TL2 offers a good bit of variety to the fray (pleasant lighting, varying creatures, overall flow of the game), oftentimes I feel immersed as I grind through one single boss fight, not minding how long it took to beat, rather enjoying ever moment trying to do so. The developers have really taken the time and effort on "listening" to what its players had to say, and I am thankful towards this decision that they've made. I believe the TL series still has so much untapped potential, and I'm eager to find out what improvements the developers still have in mind, if any. Expand
  76. Sep 26, 2012
    Honnestly my best experience of gaming was with Diablo 2. I play like 2 years and i had awesome feelings. I waited a long time Diablo 3 and i played more than 350 Hours. It s a cool game but you know there is lot of troubles that everyone already knows. This game Torchlight is the next game i waited after Diablo 2 a strong substitute with good quality of gameplay. I play in Hc Elite and itHonnestly my best experience of gaming was with Diablo 2. I play like 2 years and i had awesome feelings. I waited a long time Diablo 3 and i played more than 350 Hours. It s a cool game but you know there is lot of troubles that everyone already knows. This game Torchlight is the next game i waited after Diablo 2 a strong substitute with good quality of gameplay. I play in Hc Elite and it s pretty tough. Not impossible but good challenge with my friend. I like trees skills , loots system and everything they did. Musics remember be Diablo 2 and the price of the game is really cool. I was confident about Runic skills and now i m sure they re really good . I wait double fine for a confirmation XD Expand
  77. Sep 26, 2012
    The game torchlight 2 should of been. Fantastic on launch, great stable multiplayer. Extremely fun and entertaining. Enough variety to keep you going for hours. Launch price was a instabuy.
  78. Sep 26, 2012
    A real gem!

Torchlight 1 was a fun game but it lacked of some features, like multiple towns, endgame options and multiplayer. Torchlight 2 not only fixes those flaws but also adds a lot of content. There's plenty of loot (magic/rare/unique/legendary items). You can find socketed items and add gems to improve them. Better, you can even add sockets to your items if you manage to find a
    A real gem!

There's plenty of loot (magic/rare/unique/legendary items). You can find socketed items and add gems to improve them. Better, you can even add sockets to your items if you manage to find a rare NPC.

Got enough gold? Pay an enchanter to add random properties to an already epic item. Do some dungeon crawl and find a special enchanter to add specific properties related to one of four game 'elemental' (electric, fire, ice, poison).

I highly recommend it to any ARPG fans out there. And, yes, it's much better than Diablo 3.
  79. Sep 26, 2012
    It feels more like a journey than just a grind. While not actually playing, time goes into your character build instead of window shopping in an overpriced auction house. Itemization is on point and can be tinkered with to make items fit your build even more. The game design reminds me of when I played through Warcraft 3 one player (had no net at the time) and felt that even though it wasIt feels more like a journey than just a grind. While not actually playing, time goes into your character build instead of window shopping in an overpriced auction house. Itemization is on point and can be tinkered with to make items fit your build even more. The game design reminds me of when I played through Warcraft 3 one player (had no net at the time) and felt that even though it was cartoonish, it still felt crisp and stylish. I didn't get too into Diablo 2 like other friends had in the past, and Diablo 3 was supposed to be my initiation into the genre. The whole time we were playing Diablo 3 I heard that it was nothing like Diablo 2 so I was itching to get that experience under my belt. I could have gone back and picked up Diablo 2, but this game is definitely fitting the bill! Expand
  80. Sep 26, 2012
    What a game. For $20 you cant go wrong. You will probably be playing this for months if not year. 4 different class you can experiment with. You get a choice of where to put your stat points. You get to play with up to 6 people.
  81. Sep 26, 2012
    This is the game we have all dreamed during these years to succeed Diablo 2. In the future it will be seen as a true legend, a classic, on the same level as Half-Life, Kotor 1, Civilization 1 and Grim Fandango.
  82. Oct 8, 2012
    This game getes a 10/10. I've played it since the release and I've played over 40 hours, and counting. Customization, great multiplayer, exploration, great rewards, fast leveling, and insane skills make this game a must-have. I can make a tank with ANY class, I can make a DPS with ANY class, I can make an Elemental DPS with ANY class, I can make an all-around with ANY class, etc. ThisThis game getes a 10/10. I've played it since the release and I've played over 40 hours, and counting. Customization, great multiplayer, exploration, great rewards, fast leveling, and insane skills make this game a must-have. I can make a tank with ANY class, I can make a DPS with ANY class, I can make an Elemental DPS with ANY class, I can make an all-around with ANY class, etc. This game offers the customization that D3 SHOULD have had. If you liked D2, you will LOVE this. Expand
  83. Sep 27, 2012
    Best gaming experience I've had in a long time. The game has FREE DLC planned for it and maybe even an expansion. The best ARPG i've played since Diablo II, and i would argue even better. If you don't own this game and you own D3. You are either a chinese botter or an addicted moron. This game is built around fun, and after 30 hours i didn't have a moment that didn't keep me entertainedBest gaming experience I've had in a long time. The game has FREE DLC planned for it and maybe even an expansion. The best ARPG i've played since Diablo II, and i would argue even better. If you don't own this game and you own D3. You are either a chinese botter or an addicted moron. This game is built around fun, and after 30 hours i didn't have a moment that didn't keep me entertained and im hungry for more. Great gear, great monsters, great abilities, and even better dungeons.

The new trendsetter for all future APRGs or dungeon based games.
  84. Sep 28, 2012
    Torchlight II is a great hack n' slay even better than Diablo 3. I liked Diablo 3 a lot but at about 40-50 hours it was unplayable for me because it was too hard. In Torchlight II there was actually no Problem for me. What i think is great is that you can switch between lan single player and multiplayer. The drop-rate of good Items is a lot better than in Diablo 3 so you still don't needTorchlight II is a great hack n' slay even better than Diablo 3. I liked Diablo 3 a lot but at about 40-50 hours it was unplayable for me because it was too hard. In Torchlight II there was actually no Problem for me. What i think is great is that you can switch between lan single player and multiplayer. The drop-rate of good Items is a lot better than in Diablo 3 so you still don't need an Auction House. All in all I have to say: A great game with a not that great story and a low graphic but it is still FUN for about 20 Expand
  85. Sep 28, 2012
    Looks like an awesome game!if you like aRPG's, there's no need to convince you with a long blob of text. This game will confidently tick at the very least the majority of your aRPG boxes. If you simply just want an excellently constructed, fun and well polished game that continues to reward the players on every play through, this is also it. And for $20, you have absolutely no reason notLooks like an awesome game!if you like aRPG's, there's no need to convince you with a long blob of text. This game will confidently tick at the very least the majority of your aRPG boxes. If you simply just want an excellently constructed, fun and well polished game that continues to reward the players on every play through, this is also it. And for $20, you have absolutely no reason not to buy it and say 'Yes. This is what I want from a game. This is why I play them'. You have a rare opportunity to vote with your pocket book and have incredible levels of fun at the same time. Go get it. Thank me later. I'll be over here, enjoying this. Expand
  86. Sep 28, 2012
    Amazing game. It is the game Diablo 3 suposed to be. When you start playing you totaly forget about time. You feel like you have been playing for 30 minutes and it's 3 hours. Worth every penny.
  87. Sep 28, 2012
    With the bundle running at about 14.99 for 4 people in steam this game is a steal. I highly suggest it as the game's fun factor increases with the number of players. Graphics do look old, but was tastefully done. It's just one of those game's that doesn't need state of the art looks to make the cut.

Ironically, this game gives a nostalgic feeling of diablo II more-so than diablo III.

Overall, despite the lack of graphics... the game is just plain old fun.
  88. Sep 29, 2012
    To anyone who enjoys the dungeon crawler genre, I highly recommend Torchlight II. The classes are very balanced and each has a great skill tree. I enjoyed the single player campaign a lot. But the multiplayer was what I really liked. All in all, good game, nice maps, and great loot system. Best thing of all, If i'm somewhere without internet, I can still play.
  89. Sep 30, 2012
    Torchlight 2 brings ARPG gameplay to players at its best, the way in which enemies explode in gold or items makes the game incredibly exciting and challenging at the same time compared to torchlight 1 the difficulty of torchlight 2 makes the player feel threatened by even the smallest of enemies while still giving th player a sense of power over the environment. The newly fashioned coopTorchlight 2 brings ARPG gameplay to players at its best, the way in which enemies explode in gold or items makes the game incredibly exciting and challenging at the same time compared to torchlight 1 the difficulty of torchlight 2 makes the player feel threatened by even the smallest of enemies while still giving th player a sense of power over the environment. The newly fashioned coop mode adds a whole new level of enjoyment to the game playing with up to 6 people at once you get to collaborate with each other to fight bosses and share gear. I find the replayibility of the game incredibly high since release i've played hardcore mode on veteren 6 times with friends on coop and each of the times i've felt an equal or even higher sense of satisfaction from the game. The classes are incredibly diverse allowing the player to play a syle that suits him or her with all sorts of differet skill sets and gear this aspect of the game i feel is a major factor in the replayibility of the game. The only weak point i feel the storyline of the game which is inferior to that of diablo but this flaw is offseted by a multitude of incredibly well thought out features of the game such as dungeons boss fights and the open world itself where one can encounter a wide asortment of monsters. One of the best aspects of torchlight 2 i feel are the boss fights staged in grand arenas ,the pinacle of any ARPG they are well thought out and paced reasonably well depending or difficulty level the bosses themselves are unique in their own right and no where in the game have i found any clear sign of obivious copies of any one boss ,after grinding through the hard won boss fights the amount of enemy corpes on the floor gives me an incredibly feeling of satisfaction picking up the droped gear and gold is even more fulfilling. Overall i feel that torchlight 2 is an excellent game that has far surpassed my expectations setting an example for future games of this genre rivaling Diablo 3 in every way. Runic games has proven a worthy rival of Blizzard if not better. Expand
  90. Sep 30, 2012
    This game is great because of its nice graphics meaty action and the large amount of items you can have in the game. the demo is amazing because if you done want to pay for the game but you want to play a small amount of it you can the demo has a resanable size and with the four different charecters it has a fair amount of replayability. Overall great game. Definetly worth trying the demo.
  91. Sep 30, 2012
    My Torchlight II review was deleted for some reason. It was rated very high as being a helpful review. I don't understand why it was deleted. Is Metacritic censoring people now? That's not a good way to get an accurate community opinion, but whatever, Metacritic is not the website that I thought it was.... Anyway, Im giving Torchlight II a 10 out of 10 because it is just plain fun, thereMy Torchlight II review was deleted for some reason. It was rated very high as being a helpful review. I don't understand why it was deleted. Is Metacritic censoring people now? That's not a good way to get an accurate community opinion, but whatever, Metacritic is not the website that I thought it was.... Anyway, Im giving Torchlight II a 10 out of 10 because it is just plain fun, there is no other way to describe it. I don't understand how Blizzard took some 10 years to release a $60 game that failed so badly, while Runic took less than 3 years to release a $20 game that is universally loved. I feel sorry for all the people that were pulled into Diablo 3 by all the nostalgia only to find a real money pay to win auction house, and a constantly online DRM system designed to punish people that actually bought the game. Runic really likes their fans, and everything about Torchlight II shows that they really listen to them. Thank you Runic for showing the world how game companies are supposed to operate. Blizzard may have made more money by selling fake nostalgia, but Runic gained a lot more fans by selling a real product. Expand
  92. Oct 1, 2012
    Excellent game, I played and adored torchlight but this. This is ~500% better than it's predecessor. Buying this game is a must (or torrent it but then buy). 10/10 without any doubt!
  93. Oct 1, 2012
    ARPG perfection. Beautiful art style, endless loot to collect, LAN play, Single player offline play, moddable, wonderful music, 6 player co-op - all for 20 dollars? I for one am very glad I decided to skip Diablo III (at 60 dollars? huh?) and patiently waited for this. Great job Runic!
  94. Oct 2, 2012
    I have spent only a few hours in the game but I'm very familiar with Diablo 1 and 2 so I can compare. I had this game preordered (and got Torchlight 1 for free) after I played demo of Torchlight 1 on Steam.
    I read some articles about development of this game (the first one) and you can clearly see that this game has been created with passion and by gamers for gamers - and money came sort of accidentally with it.
    Diablo III is the true opposite - capture most of the market get the money and run far far away. If you know what "pump and dump" means you get the idea...
    I can recommend this game to anyone who liked pre-Diablo III games.
  95. Oct 2, 2012
    This game is really really addictive and a real challenge in Elite.
    I am enjoying playing this game and its been like 2 years i havent enjoying that much.
    Its just what D3 should have been!
    A very good surprise!
  96. Oct 3, 2012
    Outstanding ARPG Dungeon Crawler. 20 Bucks is such a low price for the games worth. I would pay a full 60 for this. Having a blast. Def check this game out.
  97. Oct 3, 2012
    For real, this game is all i wanted diablo 3 to be.
    Awesome gameplay, nice skill-trees, interesting quests, great item-drop (so, i can wear myself, is it great? yes, its awesome), perfect stylish graphics and.. BOSSES. Yes, i'm playing Hardcore Elite only, and these bros makes me sick, i'm afraid of them. Torchlight 2 is the greatest action-RPG game after Diablo 2 LoD was released.
  98. Oct 3, 2012
    Torchlight 2 is what Diablo 3 should've been. Also, I have one word for you: Mods!
    This game will have a higher replay value than both Borderlands 2 & Diablo 3 combined! (Atleast for me.)
  99. Oct 5, 2012
    Something interesting...Digital Spy a "Critic" review gave Torchlight II, a 20$ game a 60/100 because it's not innovative, which in fact it is. The same company gave Diablo III an 80/100. Simply put, there are morons out in this world that have no clue how to be a critic and give an unbiased review. The fans couldn't have asked more out of a $20 game and I got more than I wanted playingSomething interesting...Digital Spy a "Critic" review gave Torchlight II, a 20$ game a 60/100 because it's not innovative, which in fact it is. The same company gave Diablo III an 80/100. Simply put, there are morons out in this world that have no clue how to be a critic and give an unbiased review. The fans couldn't have asked more out of a $20 game and I got more than I wanted playing Torchlight II. At least it has meaningful skill trees and stat points, and of course PvP, more than you could say for the "highly polished" Diablo III in the words of Digital Spy... Expand
  100. Oct 5, 2012
    Yup, definitely giving this a 10.

It's got everything that made the original game so good and a whole list of excellent new features that make it even more of a joy to play. The graphics and animations are spectacular, the sound effects are meaty and satisfying and the steam-punk style artwork is top-notch. There is an over-whelming amount of really cool loot to pick up, some of
    Yup, definitely giving this a 10.

There is an over-whelming amount of really cool loot to pick up, some of which gives nods to other games and pop-culture. The monsters are appropriately challenging and there is a huge amount of them onscreen pretty much all the time. Some of the bosses are *massive* and even the areas are diverse and interesting. Finally, the biggest selling points for me would have to be the possibility of playing offline, the excellent multi-player and the brilliant decision to allow for modding. It's amazing what Runic has done with this game, and it's previous entry, compared to Diablo 3's massive budget, this proves that an indy game can be every bit as good, if not better than the big name studios.
  101. Sep 22, 2012

Crafting system so far feels simple and rewarding.

Customization of skill builds are great and will add to replayability.
    Music - master pieces
    Price - very cheep for what you get

Although game is not revolutionary it is rather "old school" at it's best.

For truly ARPG fans, don't miss TL 2 is IMHO one of best ARPG ever

Torchlight 2 offers everything an action RPG fan wants: a huge campaign, variety of enemies, a rich system of quality loot, well-balanced and fresh classes with different build options, care-free and fun multiplayer modes. [November 2012]
  2. Dec 13, 2012
    Sure, it might not reinvent the wheel as built by Diablo II over a decade ago, but Runic deserves props for perfectly recreating the formula. Many others have tried to bring their own take on Diablo to the market-and failed. Runic didn't, which makes Torchlight II an essential purchase for anyone who loves to crawl through dungeons while scoring phat loot.
  3. Nov 25, 2012
    A slick action RPG with wit and charm, this is a genuine alternative to Diablo III. [Christmas 2012, p.93]