8.2

1. Apr 28, 2012
    A combination of awesomeness and epicness makes toy soldiers for pc. the only thing that is bad about this game is windows live, but who cares? Buy the game and see for yourself =P
  2. Apr 30, 2012
    For a game at under $10, it's a ton of fun. WW1 and a toy box, classic! yes the Windows Live sucks, but I am not gonna lose sleep about it. Cheap and fun, thanks.
  3. May 11, 2012
    I love this game. Great fun throughout. Docked a point purely because the toxic GFWL malware is in it regardless of it being delivered via Steam. Highly recommended otherwise.
  4. May 23, 2012
    An ingenious twist on the classic Tower Defence genre, allowing you to actually control the units themselves - planes are pilot-able, tanks are drivable, you can man a sniper tower or even control the individual guns themselves if you want to focus your attention on units that the AI doesn't. Plenty of upgrades and units/game modes to unlock, and Games For Windows Live is a nice touch, adding extra achievements for you to aim towards. A game you come back to again and again, thanks to it's ingenious Survival and Invasion modes, and the opportunity to always improve on your tactics and your score. Great audio and visuals, excellently tough bosses, only hampered by the awkward camera controls (pro-tip: use WASD as well as moving the mouse to the edge of the screen for faster panning). An all-round really nice game for under £10. Well worth every penny - one of the best Indie games released on Steam - just a shame there's no Multi-Player mode on the PC version. Expand
  5. May 9, 2012
    Like people said before great game for just 10$. A fun TD game that will easily give you hours of playtime. Ive done about 12 missions so far and each one has secondary objectives that you can shoot for, also survival mode ontop of the 2 campaigns which I think has 30 missions total. Would be great if they added some more of the xbox dlc to the pc version, heres to hoping. Avoid Sparhawk42 lame review of 2 simply because you needed a live account and you couldnt bring your res. up anymore? Its a port not originally made for PC take the good with the bad. Expand
  6. May 1, 2012
    Despite of being casual, this game is more worthy than those $4 I paid for it. I like general style of the game and WWI theme, which is uncommon in videogames at this moment. The only distinctively irritating moment in gameplay is necessity of using tanks to destroy enemy armor; with time passing, it becomes boring.
  7. Jul 8, 2012
    This was a surpise for me, a budget release through steam that I hadn't heard of. Well, it was amazing - huge game, superbly detailed and crafted game area with real attention to detail. No bugs at all that I saw. I played it all through then sat back happy. Then I realised ALL the DLC was included too, all for a fiver! Bargain of the year.
  8. Dec 29, 2013
    Toy soldiers is a great little tower defense game and definitely value for money. The campaigns are fun and enjoyable.

If you are thinking of getting it I would. Well worth the money.

Nice combination of tower defense strategy with action elements has only minor issues connected to mouse control and camera glitches. [July 2012]
  2. Jul 14, 2012
    The detail is there, but thanks to the mild handling and thin, generic audio, the magic isn't. [Aug 2012, p.97]
  3. May 10, 2012
    A solid mixture of polish, inventiveness, and just plain fun. Its blended style of fantasy and authenticity supplements its accessibility with pleasing flair.