• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Jun 20, 2013
7.5

1. Jul 26, 2013
    It's like those side scrolling motorcycle games, but in 3D and with cars. Forget the single player campaign, it's about multiplayer and its thousands of user built tracks and servers with 50 people on it playing crazy maps.

The game's low user score indicates that it is a divisive niche game: either you like full contact racing or single player (in which case avoid this like the plague)
    or you want a track editor or a lively multiplayer community (what are you waiting for?).

There is one issue: it is essentially a HD remake of the old Trackmania Nations, which was (and still is) free. However, $10 is NOT too much for this game. Many people have played Nations for years it really is that deep if you're into what it offers.

The other issue is that developers Nadeo have lost their marbles and are trying to push their horrible Maniaplanet platform which forces you to download patches for games you don't own and makes it all too obvious that every -mania title is the exact same game with a different car (or robots with guns in the case of Shootmania) and different tileset..

For good or bad, Nadeo are a unique studio, but objectively speaking this is an amazing game. Didn't we all wish we could climb into our slot cars as a child and drive them around wacky tracks with loops and compete against tens of other drivers? Here's a version for grown ups. Enjoy!
  2. Jul 9, 2013
    A giant step backwards from the original Trackmania game. Although TM2 features better graphics, the gameplay has gotten worse. Where in the first game, you could see your ratings go up beginning with the comletion of the very first race, this game requires you to gain gold medals to qualify for rated single-player time attack racers, which can only be repeated every five minutes (even for tracks that take only 10 seconds). Multi-player races are as meaningless as ever, with zero collision detection and staggered starts. And the new engine won't show your horns or custom paint to other players unless they've tweaked their firewalls it's awkward and antiquated. This is a very poor quality racer. Expand
  3. Jul 23, 2013
    I played the old TrackManias and I love them. In TrackMania² Stadium you got only Stadium maps and not like in the old ones all scenarios. That's pretty bad, because you have to buy TrackMania² Valley,.. too, to play all scenarios. The game is like the other TrackManias, only with new maps and better graphics. It's no revolution of racing games, but damn, it's a lot of fun!
  4. Sep 22, 2013
    I was addicted to TM Nations United, with over 500 hours played, so ofcourse i had to give this a shot. It's as great as the first Trackmania, i'm just a little sad that they pretty much only added 1 new trackoption (made it possible to build under the ground), and made new single-player tracks. There's also some few changes here and there, but these are the only major changes i've seen.
    They also seperated the worlds, so you need to spend more money if you want all the worlds. Not that i should really care, since i only play Stadium. I just feel like they've gotten more greedy and a little lazy, which i think is pretty sad.
    But afterall, this is still a great Trackmania game, so i had to give it 7 out of 10!
  5. Aug 30, 2013
    Good points great graphics and music. Bad points the rest. In fact it's easy to characterize this game it's Super Meat Boy with cars. Ie a game for masochists that love to die repeatedly on the same actions over and over until their hands bleed in order to beat the stupid timer required to unlock tracks and online competition. If you're a masochist, you'll love this game. I'm not one, I hate it. Garbage. Expand
  6. Jul 4, 2014
    Trackmania have always been my favorite racing game. And Stadium I have played since Nations Forever. In Trackmania you build your own race tracks and play them yourself, with your friends or online. No story just like sandbox. That's it. Because that it's 7/10.Still a great game.
  7. Jan 3, 2014
    I bought this game last day at steam. Was something like U$ 2,00.
    When I just opened it to try, I had so good surprise.

That is an amazing game. Physhics, gameplay, sounds, graphics... JUST PERFECT!
  8. Vas
    Jun 29, 2014
    I'd rate this game higher, if I was allowed to play it at home. It seems that a lot of Ubisoft's games have been blocked by random internet companies. I'm not sure why, and they don't seem to care enough to contact the ISPs that have them blocked.

In any case, it's a pretty fun game, you have a lot of tracks to try and beat. I don't particularly like how extremely difficult this game
    gets to give you gold medals. The previous one was easier, yet hard enough it was still fun. This one makes gold medals almost impossible to get. You can also make your own tracks and share with the community real easily, lots of tracks to download as well with fun entertaining things and even stunts you can do. If your ISP doesn't block this game's servers, you'll likely enjoy it a lot. Expand
  9. Jul 19, 2014
    i totally love this game. Spent hours and hours with this game.
    Forget the solo campaign and continue to the multiplayer - thats where the true fun of this game begins!

1. Aug 2, 2013
    You can still fall in love with Trackmania 2, but these are not Pokemons and you don’t need to catch ‘em all. If there are still some tracks for you to master in Canyon, you don’t have to buy Stadium. [CD-Action 09/2013, p.64]
  2. Jul 15, 2013
    Nothing really new under the sun of TrackMania 2, just an artificial Stadium of arcade precision and a natural Valley of dirty driving. After Canyon, two extra physical environments and different driving styles to race offline and online.
    With Stadium, TrackMania 2 still holds true to the core tenets of the series, catering first and foremost to those, who'd do everything to shave that elusive hundredth off their time to beat the competition.At only 10 Euros, it's also a great place to start, if this games sounds like your kind of deal and you haven't gotten around to trying the series out.