6.3

1. Mar 18, 2013
    I will probably be called a "hater" for this but hey "Haters gonna Hate", I bought this game at full price not through steam but from my local store cost of $80 bucks. had it for a while now and finally have time to write a review. NOT A FAN i mean in general the game play is pretty cool but i have been let down by the rather crappy graphics that have been included. i mean if you actually look at it some of the damn trees can float. the grass textures are very low res and have found certain lagging spots (im guessing that is the area it loads the next section) but still. but that not being the only real issue i have with this game. not only do you buy the game itself but the DLC is very expensive. im not talking app prices for instance you can buy certain trains (the ICE 3 for eg) for almost $25 now thats pretty crappy and its only one damn train that is just crap i mean even Flight Sim you can get other aircraft for free. then there is the rail lines, included in the game is about 5 pretty long tracks but again these are not the best in design. in scenario mode i have had an issue with 2 so far that i get to almost the end (taking an hour) only to have 2 AI trains collide and the damn thing fails me. it just really makes me wonder. you can get the Unreal Development Kit for free with better standard graphics than this game. (now comes the what PC are you running it on question) as i am a game developer i am running this game on my 2 month old 17x alienware laptop. with 32 gig of ram and the best of the NVIDIA 3D graphics cards on the market. so it aint that. i have even optimized the game to its highest rating and it still has the graphics of a 90's game. with scenes of people disappearing into thin air. graphics asside again i cannot say how disappointing in this game i really am. having to pay for extra content at such a high price is crap considering you only get a little bit of content really to begin with. it does bring me back to the days when i had my old HO gauge set tho. all in all its below average and very poor. AND LEST WE FORGET after finding out this game was not as it is shown in the spoilers "screenshots" with high end pretty good graphics i take the game for a refund and BAM its a steam powered game so alas i cannot get my money back THIS GAME IS NOT WORTH THE MONEY...IF YOU REALLY WANT IT WAIT FOR IT TO BE ON STEAM ON SALE. Expand
  2. Aug 28, 2013
    When I played the longer mission, I got up made myself a coffee, and a sandwich, came back to the game and still scored high.

When a person can sit there for 20 mins on the longer mission and nothng happens, it means that that this is boring, not exciting and graphics suck.
  3. Jun 23, 2014
    This game has too many DLCs. Even though it is fun and looks good, the developer or publisher is trying to make the maximum money out of the game with annoying DLCs. Join the Anti-DLC-Force!
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Nov 16, 2012
    Train Simulator 2013 is a must own for anyone remotely interested in locomotives and their model set counterparts.
  2. Oct 11, 2012
    Although it gets bogged down by some discomforting technical issues, Train Simulator 2013 is a game will appeal to a small but hungry niche gamers and hardcore trainspotters. The game offers hours of simulated railroading fun out of the box and the added Steam Workshop support means there's always something new to do.
  3. Sep 28, 2012