7.9

1. Aug 21, 2012
    This game has the potential to be great. I have not completed the game, so I cannot comment on story besides the fact that the first few missions are awesome. I had a tear in my eye, so High Moon did well there.

The multiplayer is fantastic, not quite as in depth as the first one, but just feels tighter altogether. BUT The multiplayer never works. I am plagued with negative

BUT

The multiplayer never works. I am plagued with negative countdown timers (the matches never start) and a barebones community. WHEN I get into a match, it is some of the best multiplayer action I have experienced in a long time.

Other features that are missing from this obvious console port are communications. There are no chat lobbies, dedicated servers, VOIP (voice chat), or any other means of communications at all. This game REQUIRES being able to speak to each other. Private matches are there, which is nice, but there is no real way to play ranked 5v5's or 4v4's with your friends (premade). In order to play with your friends you have to play against them. I don't like that. I like being able to play a game where I can rely on teammates and have strategy.

One of the biggest things that bugs me is the general clunkiness of the menus. Everytime I have to duck a lobby, because it isn't launching, I have to communicate with Teletraan I or whatever. I'm sorry. This needs to be done at the end of a match. Even then, it should prevent you from doing anything. It should run in the background.

TL;DR This game has some serious matchmaking issues. The story seems cool so far. I am requesting a refund from Steam because half of the game doesn't work. Hence 4/10.
  2. Aug 21, 2012

BUT

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    Transformers: Fall of Cybertron oozes quality, in every aspect, easily surpassing its predecessor (which was a mediocre game in any case) and is definitely counted among the best third person shooters of the year. [October 2012]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Nov 4, 2012
    Breathtaking action is better to watch than to play – great visuals and thick atmosphere on one hand dull story, corridors and short lifespan on the other – we've expected a bit more. [Nov 2012]
  3. Sep 23, 2012
    By its impressive setting, missions great variability and a perfect screenplay, dignity has been restored to the Transformers' game series. This is a great mound scrap iron performance that is going to make every Transformers fan happy.