6.7

1. Mar 21, 2013
    This game sadly is a bad PC Port of the Xbox with thrown in features (adding Trials HD). It has issues on many different set ups from the posts I've been reading. It went through alpha and beta and STILL has tons of studdering and lag issues in game.
  2. Mar 28, 2013
    After playing trials evolution on the Xbox 360 I decided to purchase ‘trials evolution gold edition’ for the PC, it is a very addictive action, racing, bike, side scrolling game!
    The objective of the game is to get to the end of the track in the fastest time possible without crashing, simple. You can play online with your friends to try and beat there times or race against them! There are
    also lots of various mini skill games such as ‘limited fuel’, ‘skiing’ and even ‘flying’!
    This is a great game that I would recommend for people of all ages, it is highly addictive trying to beat your previous scores although it can be a little frustrating. The game gets progressively more difficult towards the end and could take you hours to master each level for the best time.
  3. Mar 22, 2013
    I do not preorder games often but I've made exception this time and I do not regret it. This is obvious that the game is Xbox port, but I am using xbox controller and it is very playable. My only complaints are occasional unexplainable FPS drops in some levels (regardless of detail settings), but luckily it is not happening very often. Great game.
  4. Apr 14, 2013
    I pre-ordered this because i had looked at alot of trials evolution videos in youtube. The game is awesome, much fun. I dont usually play racing/vehicle/driving games alot. But this is alot of fun. The difficulties fit me well, beginner is baby time for me, easy is pretty easy, medium is already something that is not so easy, hard is DAMN HARD! :D

It is a great version on the PC no
    problems with it, buy it! I must give it 10/10! Expand
  5. Mar 22, 2013
    Having this on Xbox, I really wanted this to be just as excellent, if not better However, the game is unplayable, literally running at 2fps with GTX 680 SLI. These were problems that developers knew about during the "beta" stage of the game, and yet it was still released with the same problems. Knowingly releasing a broken game, and charging full price for it Should never be acceptable in this industry. Xbox Version 10/10
    PC Version 0/10 unplayable.
  6. Mar 22, 2013
    i pre ordered this game a while ago and it had some rather large graphical glitches, like squares of ground would glitch to different textures constantly. i assumed that this would be fixed in the final release, but wasn't. to me, the game seems improperly optimized, and this makes it feel more like a work in progress than a polished game. this might be patched later, but until then, it gets a 3.
  7. May 13, 2013
    Love this game, very fun and addictive, there seems to be a few people that have problems with it but it runs flawless and smooth as silk on my system on highest settings (i5 3470 Radeon HD7870). Multiplayer is also good fun and in single player you can see your friends times to compete with or just try to beat your old scores.
  8. Mar 23, 2013
    The game is obviously an xbox port but that's not a bad thing, Its a good game and worth the money as it includes everything from trials evo and hd on the xbox, there is some texture pop in but only at the start of maps and all in all a damn good port
  9. May 14, 2013
    This was a pleasant surprise. Simple gameplay but great, challenging fun. I'm running NVIDIA GTX 560 Ti and it just eats up this game. I haven't tried it yet but this seems to have local 2 player, which I don't see very often. 8/10 for me.
  10. Jun 11, 2013
    Great game 100 of hours entertainment in this game .Load of user made tracks and skill games.
    Played it on Xbox and PC and the port is fine not but has a few frame rate problems for some people.
    I got no lucky had no problems running it with a hd6870 just don't use crossfire.
    Game would be a 10 if Ubisoft china had but a little more effort in to the port.
    But still its a great game
    and well worth it Expand
  11. Aug 1, 2013
    Played this on a mates xbox and really enjoyed the playability and graphics. Now bought it for PC and it can be summed up in saying this is a lazy lazy console port. It runs slower on my 760 than on my mates xbox. A money grabbing exercise by the publisher as opposed to improving the game over the console version. AVOID or get the xbox version.
  12. Sep 16, 2013
    This game is fairly fun for a little while. I would recommend playing with a controller. The problem with this game is that it was was very poorly optimized for pc. I am also not a big fan a the Ubisoft launcher- I would not have bought this if i realized that this was required.
  13. Dec 25, 2013
    Do not play the PC version of this game. The port is poor technically, there's no way to play custom maps from the console version, and the DLC isn't available. It's not worth giving Ubisoft money to tell them this is okay. If you're lucky and the game doesn't run terribly, it's alright, but if you have a console there is no reason to buy the lesser PC version.
  14. Jul 1, 2013
    terrible performance issues dont go anywhere near this title its unplayable how they released this game in this condition is beyond me total rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off rip off
  15. May 10, 2013
    Well... Shame on me for buying a Ubi-soft game... All they care about is the money and nothing about the player. The porting of this game to PC is just terrible,
  16. Apr 21, 2013
    Game has been broken since the start. Stutters to the point of being completely unplayable for me. It's been over a month now since the release, no fix in sight.
    Also contains uplay crap. Stay away from this game at least until redlynx get their sorted. Might even be during 2013.
  17. Apr 28, 2013
    Trials Evolution: Gold Edition Road Rash 3.
    Завязка Trine 2, Limbo реалистична.
    В Сеть.
    Такие Trials Evolution
  18. May 9, 2013
    Unplayable!
    Everything is alright until the actual race starts. Less than 1 FPS or 3 when things weren't that bad.
    Not just a bad port, it's a failed port! How can that even be made available to purchase is beyond me.
  19. Aug 2, 2013
    To właśnie tak powinny wyglądać gry motocyklowe z kamerą z boku. Ładna grafika, świetny system jazdy, ciekawe etapy. Do tego w grze mamy nawet tryb dla czterech graczy jednocześnie. Twórcy zrobili coś naprawdę dobrego. Okazuje się jednak że to chyba za mało. Twórcy kombinują z misjami w kampanii, do tego gra jest trochę nie dopracowana, jak i optymalizacja nie jest za dobra.Sama gra jet naprawdę dobra, jednak zaplanowanie strategii wielu elementów w tej grze już takie nie jest. Moja ocena 7/10 Expand
  20. Nov 28, 2013
    "OPTIMIZED AND ENHANCED FOR PC" hahahahahahaha, I'm dying here. This game looks like it was made in 2005 and they have the baIIs to give this game sysreqs that high for a 2D GAME. The truth is that the only reason they're that high is so that you can brute force it. NewsFlash Ubisoft, no console port should have higher hardware demands than that of the console it was ported from. oh and Btw "Advanced Effects" is not something a good PC port has as a video option. The track sharing feature is so slow it's unusable. Avoid this game like the plague but atleast the plague is free. It's not hard to understand why this game is called "Trials" Expand
  21. Dec 1, 2013
    This game is a full bucket of fun. I really wasn't expecting that I would laugh out loud so many times playing it. And playing harder levels you must ride your bike just like a real trial bike. So this is a serious game too, at some level.
  22. Mar 24, 2014
    The critic score is pretty much on the money here. The only somewhat legit complaint here is that it is not optimized super well... but guess what, if you actually take the time to look at the required and recommended specs, they are about the same as you will see for any AAA 2013 PC title. People seem to expect it to run at 100 fps maxed out on their 4 year old laptop just because it's a side-scrolling racer. It may have heftier requirements than you might expect, but it clearly tells you that before you buy it. Just like you also know it's going to require Uplay, like all the other Ubisoft games! Jesus, do we really need to score games 0's because they contain DRM that we already know about, and Uplay is a pretty good one, I don't see anyone complaining about Steam in other games, or Origin really.(I don't mind any of these 3, and I actually prefer to have one of them rather than none, especially Steam)

Those are your two reasons for all the zeros skewing the score of this game, two completely bunk complaints... Oh and of course, the guy that gives it a 0 because of the intro music, but says in the review that the game is a 8 without the music...(that music is horrible though!)

If you loved Exitebike as a kid, this is basically bringing much of that greatness into the next-gen imo. Great game, a blast solo or multiplayer. Also tons of cool tracks to download or create some yourself, all built in, a well as online multiplayer.
  23. Apr 18, 2014
    Why this game is so cool? Usually the greatest games are often the tricky ones, but this one is rather simple, stupid, very addictive and so amazing.
  24. Feb 13, 2014
    Fking unbearable, learn how to code your shty game retards. This was supposed to be a refined version for the PC and yet it's still an awful mess, I hope you go out of business.
  25. Mar 29, 2013
    It's a nice port, but the intro music is so annoying and pointless, I can't figure out how to disable it even when I turn the music off in the options menu. Otherwise, the gameplay is very good. I would give it 8/10 if I can turn the intro music off.
  26. May 14, 2013
    The physics in this game are a joke. If you're used to regular trials type physics and how trials games play in terms of that, you will be disappointed in this. The one big flaw with it is that the wheel (or any forward acceleration) overcomes ANY amount of torque you may have in the opposite direction. It makes for a god awful time finessing through the courses when the bike too easy gets kicked out from under you. You can easily see this if you try to play the ski levels. This aspect makes it very frustrating for me to play. Expand
  27. Feb 16, 2014
    After about 30 to 45 minutes, you've past all the fun levels of Trials Evolution, and are left with a huge amount of tracks that require you to retry one tiny portion for about 50 times each.
    Gets boring real quick.
  28. Dec 26, 2013
    Wow much better than critics say Today its rolling fine, and the level design is ingenious and hard worked compared to certain other trials game and the level ideas bring smile on my face as i encounter them if i had not believed the critics, i'd buy this earlier than the steam sales for sure the colour usage and art style and finishing is hard worked too i recommend
  29. Sep 12, 2013
    Great game, both, in single & multiplayer! Wonderful physics, very precise control over the bikes, sensational tracks and PC version has, in fact, 2 games in one Trials HD & Trials Evolution. The only flaw are some bugs and there are players complaining about PC issues, otherwise would be a 10 game. Ridiculous addictive
  30. Mar 10, 2014
    The game is great and fun but has many failures, This is probably a game worth getting if it were on some kind of really cheap sale, What others on here dont understand is after the last 2 patches it fixes nearly all of the games issues. but i must complain about how you must get all gold medals or else your stuck on a single level for hours and hours, the ski trick mission is next to imposible and i had to cheat my way past that point! Expand
  31. Dec 27, 2013
    Fantastic game overall except one thing: You need ALL gold medals in order to unlock new tracks. Which means if you're stuck on a single track (and you have gold medals on all previously unlocked tracks) too bad, you need to do it perfectly to keep playing. You might end up playing a single track over and over for half an hour, like the ski level for example. Ohh, you wanted to drive a moped? Too bad, play this up ski level until you get gold, we're not giving you any more tracks. Expand
  32. Mar 21, 2014
    A very fun and contagious game in the beginning, but it gets a bit repetitive and repetitive towards the end. The game actually reminds me of those balancing game you get on smart-phones, but here you are on a moving bike balancing your weight forwards and backwards to avoid falling over. The physics are fun, but they have their own rules which can get frustrating sometimes.

1. May 21, 2013
    Merciless, frustrating, and harder than dry cereal, but exquisitely balanced. Few games are so rewarding. [July 2013, p.62]
  2. May 13, 2013
    Trials makes you swear and rail but never in real anger, because when you play this game, a broad smile never leaves your face. [CD-Action 06/2013, p.74]
  3. Apr 15, 2013
    RedLynx has crafted a devilishly addictive racing-platformer hybrid that pushes their game design know-how to new limits. If you don’t have an Xbox and have been waiting for the chance to play one of the toughest releases of last year, Trials Evolution Gold is a fine way to explore that content and then some.