Two Worlds II PC

6.5

1. May 17, 2011
    Great graphics. In the main Two Worlds II does look pretty good most of the time. Gameplay lacks depth and the world feels a little too linear for my taste most of the time. I usually really love games of this type but I dont like to feel driven to play it one way as I did with TW2. WARNING: Dont judge the game by the first hour or 2 of gameplay which are even more linear than theGreat graphics. In the main Two Worlds II does look pretty good most of the time. Gameplay lacks depth and the world feels a little too linear for my taste most of the time. I usually really love games of this type but I dont like to feel driven to play it one way as I did with TW2. WARNING: Dont judge the game by the first hour or 2 of gameplay which are even more linear than the rest of the game. It opens up a bit (not a huge amount but some) I have 2 key criticisms:

Too linear.
    Too small
    Not customisable enough in terms of graphics features disable/enable. (Mainly because I would like to see whats making my pc work so hard. Its good, but not that good that I can work out whats so demanding.

What did I like:
    Good looking game
    Characters less corny thab sine,
    Better fight mechanics than oblivion but pretty clunky
  2. Feb 13, 2012
    One genuine surprise. The original was so incredibly flawed. From wonky animation to clumsy combat to horrible stomach turning dialog. However once you got past those drawbacks - a HUGE world awaited you. This game dissapoints in the world. It reduces it drastically over the first game. It presents you with a giant map, and then gives you little islands that you can explore. Not lettingOne genuine surprise. The original was so incredibly flawed. From wonky animation to clumsy combat to horrible stomach turning dialog. However once you got past those drawbacks - a HUGE world awaited you. This game dissapoints in the world. It reduces it drastically over the first game. It presents you with a giant map, and then gives you little islands that you can explore. Not letting you explore the major map. That alone made me hate this game. ---- And after about 6 months of hating this game I made peace with it. And started playing it for real. And... Yes, it's a lot better than two worlds 1. A LOT better. In fact, I reccomend this game to people who like quality open world rpg's in general. Combat is improved, guilds are interesting now, the world is less copy/paste - the new systems make a lot more sense. It's a damn solid game. However one of the major things keeping it from greatness, is the very thing that the original flawed game did have. A big world. Make two worlds 3 have the quality of two worlds 2, and the size of two worlds 1. And you have a all time great game. 7/10. Impressive. Expand
  3. Mar 9, 2012
    I just have to say this is a good game, no more, no less, and even though this has tons of gameplay hours it may get a bit tedious. It's nice to see that the developers went for a nice pace when it comes to the character and gameplay, the learning curve may vary depending on where you go and when but i found it to be fair, same thing with the quests though there were a few times where isI just have to say this is a good game, no more, no less, and even though this has tons of gameplay hours it may get a bit tedious. It's nice to see that the developers went for a nice pace when it comes to the character and gameplay, the learning curve may vary depending on where you go and when but i found it to be fair, same thing with the quests though there were a few times where is was overloaded with them and i just didnt want to do any quests. The enemy variety is also extremely good and the npc's looks vary but there rises another problem, the voice acting and facial animations are extremely dull which breaks your immersion. When it comes to story I was confused, I never played the original Two Worlds so I had to do research to know what was going on which i didn't like. Now the graphics are decent but not that great, and the animations may vary from quite good to a little bit dull and dated. The magic system, that saves this game, learning abilities and creating crazy spells and combining abilities is so fun magic may become a great weapon, or just something to distract you. Overall this game has a downside for nearly every good thing but its still playable and some may enjoy it, just keep in your mind that this is not a game for everyone, but you are welcome to try it if this is your type of game. Expand
  4. Feb 14, 2011
    As much as I disliked the first Two Worlds, you'd think I wouldn't have gotten so worked up over the constant delays and cancellations that its sequel was saddled with, yet for some reason each time its release was pushed back I became more and more aggravated. Though the first game wasn't exactly perfect it did have that authentic European CRPG feel that I've come to love and appreciateAs much as I disliked the first Two Worlds, you'd think I wouldn't have gotten so worked up over the constant delays and cancellations that its sequel was saddled with, yet for some reason each time its release was pushed back I became more and more aggravated. Though the first game wasn't exactly perfect it did have that authentic European CRPG feel that I've come to love and appreciate over the past decade, and it was this fact that made me anxious to play a re-tooled and properly play tested sequel. After breaking down and importing the international version through gogamer last month I finally managed to play the game that had been on European gamer's hard drives since last October...And I'm not sure the wait was really worth it.

The first Two Worlds was initially pitched to gamers as an "online Oblivion" that coupled deep singleplayer with a very rewarding cooperative multiplayer experience that the fans of Bethesda's Elder Scrolls series had been clamoring for during the past ten years. It promised so much and yet delivered so little that it's no wonder so few gamers speak positively about their experiences with it. Thanks to a very forgettable (and in my experience, mostly PvP-centered) online mode and a story that was as bland and devoid of class as a cup of tap water it was only the promise of 300 gamer points for defeating the last boss that kept me going until the end. I had hoped Two Worlds 2 would be better, and I was assured through marketing hype that it would be.

While better than the first game in several ways, Two Worlds 2 still falls short of being what I consider to be a quality CRPG.

To prove this you need look no further than the size of the game's world and compare it to the first. While the first game wasn't exceptionally large it was still big enough for me to leave large sections of it unexplored due to lack of time. This sequel, however, has a singleplayer landmass that is divided between three very small islands that when combined barely reach the same size of The Elder Scrolls 3 - Morrowind. Which is sad when you consider Morrowind is coming up on it's 9th birthday this spring.

In the 40-50 hours it took me to clear the singleplayer portion of the game I had easily (and unintentionally) filled in half of the game world by the 10 hour mark. After completing the Island of Ashos it only took me only another few hours to finish the final few miles of the game's spartan landmass, resulting in a very disappointing final rush to the end that was spurred on more by me wanting to finish it rather than actually being curious as to what I'd find or how I'd conquer it.

To say Two Worlds 2's singleplayer world is small is being extremely kind to it. The world is so small that it barely reaches early 2000 RPG standards and is about only half the size of Morrowind and about 1/10th the size of Oblivion. In today's crowded RPG marketplace it's not a good idea to be so "small".

You might have noticed I put an unusual amount of emphasis on the word "single player" in the previous two paragraphs. If you wondered why, it's due to the brunt of the game world being locked off and only made available to players engaging in the online-only "MMO" style campaign. This large online-only island, which you cannot even glitch your way into during the single player (much less sail to legally) is four times the size of the singleplayer world and plays host to a much more diverse and interesting landscape than what you'll encounter in the offline version of the game. In short, the entirety of the game is wrapped up in this blocked off island and only those with a lot of patience for lag and a fair amount of friends that live in their time zone will get to properly enjoy.

Further blemishing the game is its rather bland and unimaginative combat. While the monsters themselves can sometimes be challenging and therefore fun to do battle with, the vast majority of the game's battles can be won by "spamming" a few key moves while hitting the left mouse button during their cool-down time. Though it isn't as bad as Two Worlds 1 and its "Hit, dodge, hit, dodge" exploit that enabled even under-leveled characters to beat the last two bosses without getting hit, it is still a significant degree below what I consider standard for modern CRPGs. Granted, even most "modern" CRPGs like Fable and Oblivion fail at this but that doesn't give Two Worlds 2 permission to be shallow.
  5. Jan 8, 2014
    More fun than the first but the new crafting system is a step back in my opinion. The graphics are better and the story is pretty good. Unfortunately there are some bugs, the quest tracking isn't the best in the world and it is difficult to know where to go to get some quests.
  6. Sep 21, 2015
    While Two Worlds 2 is slightly better than the first, it has better graphics and voice acting though speech sync is done poorly, a characters mouth will be moving, but no words are said until 2 to 4 seconds later and seems to have the same sort of story about some guy that has to rescue his sister.

I tried to play it, but it feels so clunky, lacking any polish and usability and I feel so bored and uninspired playing it, dialogue is rather lengthy, poorly written and boring. Even though it was only 8pm when playing it Iam falling asleep from boredom at forcing myself to play.

While those aspects are boring exploring the world is the most fun and I like the crafting but the game can be so frustrating a grom 1 hit kills you with an arrow and my character dies very easily and feels so weak.

Another sub par average nearly bad game. It's slightly better than the first.
  7. May 22, 2011
    Very good RPG. It has a lot of setbacks but it also has a lot of potential.
    + crafting
    + magic system
    + alchemy
    + skills
    + easy to learn and use fighting system

- dialogs
    - cutscenes
    - story
    - the biggest area on the map is unavailable?!
  8. Dec 6, 2012
    It's a refreshing etch-a-sketch of game mechanisms, cunningly woven into an ensemble of storytelling, humor and minigames, that not only works, but works very well. That is, in theory. Two Worlds II is a grandiose idea, that is possibly way ahead of the curb, when compared to other games of the genre. Graphically it is great. Nothing stellar, but very satisfactory. The battle system is funIt's a refreshing etch-a-sketch of game mechanisms, cunningly woven into an ensemble of storytelling, humor and minigames, that not only works, but works very well. That is, in theory. Two Worlds II is a grandiose idea, that is possibly way ahead of the curb, when compared to other games of the genre. Graphically it is great. Nothing stellar, but very satisfactory. The battle system is fun and engaging, but falters at times for no apparent reason. All in all, great idea, but it needs more work to make it stable. Expand
  9. Jul 8, 2014
    The setting and visuals look gorgeous, it's unfortunate that the rest of the game doesn't quite receive the same attention to detail. The attempted changes to the combat system from the original is appreciated, but I still find it somewhat clunky. The magic system is innovative and comes with a plethora of fancy visual effects, but it's also unbalanced. Story and characters have littleThe setting and visuals look gorgeous, it's unfortunate that the rest of the game doesn't quite receive the same attention to detail. The attempted changes to the combat system from the original is appreciated, but I still find it somewhat clunky. The magic system is innovative and comes with a plethora of fancy visual effects, but it's also unbalanced. Story and characters have little depth as well. A significant improvement over the original Two Worlds and still somewhat underwhelming. Expand
  10. Jul 19, 2014
    Well I was pleasantly surprised. There is a lot going for this game and it really is an improvement on the first game in the series.
    I thought the main character was a hoot. I loved the very dry but funny comments he made throughout the game. I liked the side quests, they were interesting and entertaining and usually quite unpredictable in how they would turn out.
    I enjoyed the
    I enjoyed the storyline, I certainly didn't want to stop playing until I got to the end and I was tempted to do a lot of side missions along the way.
    The horses were a bit of a fail (never around) as was fighting in the small corridors. Terrible camera angles meant I couldn't see my character at all and he was getting stuck in corners and having the stuffing pummelled out of him while I blindly tried pressing keys trying to get him up and away from walls, corners or holes.
    The inventory was a bit of a mess, the idea of armour sets nice but it was too easy to dismantle an item and then when you switch armour sets find yourself left standing in the nuddy with only your bow and a small dagger. (Hehe)(Pun intended)

I will say this. I would be replaying this game over and over if I had the option to play as a female. I wouldn't want to stop until I experienced all the classes and their armours/weapon combinations. I would also have been very interested in buying the dlc and/or any expansions. I think RPG developers should give serious consideration to us female gamers as consumers with spending power. I liked the game but playing as a male... there is no replay interest for me.

Overall I'm glad I played this game though. It was fun!
  11. Aug 22, 2012
    This game is very very good!
    Well i liked the fist one and i thought to take the second one too so...
    This game has improved A LOT since the fist one. At the start of the game i died a lot i got angry a little bit about the monsters (sometimes there are weak as hell and sometimes u die with one hit and that happens at the beginning) but i found out that the game sometimes want u to
    This game is very very good!
    Well i liked the fist one and i thought to take the second one too so...
    This game has improved A LOT since the fist one.
    At the start of the game i died a lot i got angry a little bit about the monsters (sometimes there are weak as hell and sometimes u die with one hit and that happens at the beginning) but i found out that the game sometimes want u to level up or avoid some enemies!
    Well the reason why i gave this game 7 and not 10 is because of the map (its not to small and not to big but they make it look to big and when u want to teleport back to the start u need to wait half minute to move the arrow to the teleport... and the other bad think is... i am a warrior guy and this game doesnt seems to like warriors much... i am 12 lvl and the shops doesnt give any heavy armor only some cloak for heavy armor...i even join the fighters guild and the only armor they had was leather... i used a bonus code to get a heavy armor.
    the mages are very powerful in this game! if u like mages this game is for u if u like warriors like me this game is hard but good :)
  12. Apr 7, 2013
    Good rpg with some minor flaws. A couple of quests are easily broken by using the same game mechanics you learn to use to play the game, like teleporting out. The magic system is complex, but lacks a certain dept: after a while you can just keep using the same three spells. That aside, I't a charming game, good voice acting, and may keep you nailed to the screen for a while. Most questsGood rpg with some minor flaws. A couple of quests are easily broken by using the same game mechanics you learn to use to play the game, like teleporting out. The magic system is complex, but lacks a certain dept: after a while you can just keep using the same three spells. That aside, I't a charming game, good voice acting, and may keep you nailed to the screen for a while. Most quests are fun, even if unrelated to the main story, and it was actually surprising to see that I was still enjoyng it after some hours of gameplay. I can't see how phisics are implemented toh, most of the time it isn't any different from not having any phisics engine at all. Expand
  13. Mar 10, 2011
    Mediocre at best. Nice gear recycling system, innovative magic system. I played TW1 for 5 hours before I got bored out of my mind. TW2 I played 5,5 hours before the same happened.
    Why is that? Mainly because the combat is too simple. Even on hard there's no plan or skill required for fighting monsters. This gets old really fast. Running around aimlessly is what you'll be doing a lot in this game. Looting stuff only provides so much fun. Graphics are ok. Story and gameplay are very weak.

If Topware needs better reviews from me, please contact me. I can use your review money. Thank you! http://www.destructoid.com/allegations-sleaze-treachery-a-tale-of-two-worlds-194521.phtml
  14. Aug 16, 2011
    A beautiful - or at least a decent looking - semi open world role playing game. There are some choices and consequences which might matter here. If you can stand the game long enough to reach them. Really though, its just more of the same in the badly over-crowded sword and sorcery genre of role playing. There are some nice ideas - upgrading weapons and armor using similar items found asA beautiful - or at least a decent looking - semi open world role playing game. There are some choices and consequences which might matter here. If you can stand the game long enough to reach them. Really though, its just more of the same in the badly over-crowded sword and sorcery genre of role playing. There are some nice ideas - upgrading weapons and armor using similar items found as loot is a nice touch. On the other hand, these things simply cannot make up for a broken stealth system, a magic system so clunky its better off ignored, an uninspired story and a world that feels like more like a nation geographic special than a real fantasy realm. My advice: Wait for Skyrim. Expand
  15. Jul 27, 2014
    I have mixed feelings about this game. The world is beautiful, and the main quests (and some side quests) involve actual C&C, and allow you to take sides here and there, which adds a lot to the story. There are often surprises to be discovered, when there is more than meets the eye to a quest giver or his motives. However, other than that the game suffers from almost every common problemI have mixed feelings about this game. The world is beautiful, and the main quests (and some side quests) involve actual C&C, and allow you to take sides here and there, which adds a lot to the story. There are often surprises to be discovered, when there is more than meets the eye to a quest giver or his motives. However, other than that the game suffers from almost every common problem seen in a fully open world RPG. For one thing, it's a lootfest. You'll be collecting a huge sack of stuff that you'll never need. Inexplicably, that includes a whole lot of buffers for situations you'll never encounter. (I really wish that developers would give some thought to the looting. Make it worthwhile. Give me something really powerful to buy. Give me a situation where I'll need a frost buffer.) Secondly, the story telling is choppy at times. I've finished the game but I wouldn't be able to explain the plot to anyone, just the same way I would be able to explain the plot of a poorly edited B-movie. Not that it's all bad. Sometimes the story can really grab your attention, especially when you're unexpectedly trapped or surprised to find out the identity of the serial killer you were looking for. The people who made this game can tell a good story, but they don't do it consistently. It's almost like the problem was organizational rather than lack of talent. An RPG with C&C is very hard to plan, and this game is a bit rough around the edges as a result. The story could also benefit from real professional writing, and some more complex lore. The lore of 2W2 is very thin and lacks a sense of politics and philosophy. The societies it portrays smack of modern day social norms rather than the humility, grit and fear of the medieval world. It's obvious that the game writers have played The Witcher, because they (loosely) copied some of its stories, but 2W2 lacks the unity of that game and its atmosphere and creative direction. That being said, some of the side quests can be unexpectedly deep and long, which was a pleasant surprise.

The graphics, as I already said, are beautiful. The vistas are nice. The grass. The water. The shadows. Light shining between the branches. Aside from the nasty screen tearing, it looks better than many more recent RPG titles. Unfortunately, it looks like they were cheap on artistry. The design of everything is cliche. Your mage wears a pointy hat that makes him look like Disney's Merlin.

The game features three continents and a number of smaller islands. It looks huge, until you find out that the biggest continent is used mostly for multi-player (which I admittedly haven't tried yet). The assets are reused in a subtle way so they don't get boring. For example, there is a university, and then there are ruins of a university in a dark place called the Swallows. They're almost copies of the same thing, but this is difficult to notice. I wish, though, the devs had made exploration a bit more rewarding. There are too many places where there is just a dead end or some nearly useless loot.

The combat, while fun at times, lacks tactics. I played as a mage, and most of the fights in the game consisted of me casting a summon spell that surrounded the enemies with my summoned decoys that trapped them. Then I zapped these enemies with seeking fire balls. Really, this was a way of exploiting the stupidity of the AI, the fact that the AI cannot push over or walk over another (even much weaker) character and also the fact that the collision detector doesn't detect friendly fire and my fireballs pass right though the summons. In other words, 90% of the fights in the game are ridiculous. The combat system is also prone to the standard run back and forth spamming health potions abuse that is so common in this kind of game. It's made all the easier by the fact that your character can outrun anything. I should also add that the health bars, magic bars and any other bars in the game are about 2-5 times as long as they should be. A typical fight will require 20-50 fireball spells for a single enemy, late in the game.

The magic system is a bit innovative. You can cast fireball summons, for example. Theoretically, you can combine dozens of spell cards into almost any elaborate spell. In practice, however, only some combinations actually work as a spell. If you play as a mage you'll be firing "guided missiles" for the whole game and not much more.

The game adds a few interesting touches here and there. Your character talks to himself in some situations, and even makes fun of enemies. You can ride a horse, and even race it. You can buy a boat and visit one of the smaller islands (which just has enemies and loot in it). The alchemy system allows you to use almost anything that you loot in a potion. (Unfortunately, you'll be making mostly potions you never need. (As a mage, I didn't need the stamina boosters, accuracy boosters or even the magic bar booster potions.)

Over all: a notch better than ok, 6.5/10
  16. Apr 28, 2013
    Deeply flawed, and yet still fun to play. Pick it up in a sale... provided you are an wrpg fan
    The good :
    -magic system is very deep and offers customization of spells -although the world of antaloor doesn't have a solid lore, its still varied enough and is interesting to inhabit. -soundtrack is good (not great) and it changes from one continent of the world to another to fit the tone
    The good :
    -magic system is very deep and offers customization of spells
    -soundtrack is good (not great) and it changes from one continent of the world to another to fit the tone (except for the battle song that is the same damn song over and over again)
    -content, tons of content here. If you are looking for quantity, you got it
    The bad :
    -Dumb AI, the enemies often do not notice your presence or they get stuck behind a rock/wall/invisible barrier.
    -Story and Dialogue. It honestly seems that a person no older than 13 could have written the plot of this game. Same goes for the quality of the dialog
    -Control schemes the same button for sneak and run? WHAAAAAAT? thankfully this does not hamper the gameplay too much. other minor control scheme issues also exist
    The average :
    -Melee Ranged combat IMHO it was fine; not great, but fine. I did have fun with a melee focused character but i can't recommend it to you
    -RPG leveling up stuff Simple enough. Putting points into simple 4 different stats, and choosing your weapons and gear according to those stats.

So if you like western rpgs and have nothing at the moment to play, pick this one up
  17. Aug 22, 2014
    The first Two Worlds was a laughably pathetic and overhyped steaming dung pile of a game. Is its sequel any better?

Yes. While Two Worlds 2 is not of the same caliber as other major RPGs such as the Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age: Origins, and others, it's still a decent title nonetheless. The developers appeared to have listened to the hatred that spewed forth as a result of the

The developers appeared to have listened to the hatred that spewed forth as a result of the previous Two Worlds sucking so badly, and they responded by improving and overhauling just about everything for this game.

The story, however, is pretty much all generic fantasy trite. However, compared to the prequel, it's more bearable. It's a direct continuation of the first game, so conventional logic states that you should play it before playing Two Worlds 2. But really.... would you want to subject yourself to that kind of an experience?

The graphics are pretty decent, with great water effects, lighting, and decent texture resolution and spell effects. However character models are... strikingly dated.

Gameplay however is vastly improved over Two Worlds, as melee combat is actually bearable to play, even if the combat itself is still pretty shallow and simplistic.

The real gem however is the magic system. It's probably the most in-depth magic system I've ever seen. So in-depth, in fact, that it came across as downright intimidating during the early part of my playthrough. But once you learn the nuances of it, you can have a ton of fun messing around and combining spells for a myriad of magical effects.

I enjoyed the magic system quite a bit more than melee or ranged, so I ended up playing through the game as a pure mage.

In general though, Two Worlds 2 is a vastly, VASTLY improved game over the fecal smear that is its predecessor... of which I'll be writing a review for.... soon.
  18. Feb 27, 2011
    wo Worlds 2 published by Topware is an Action RPG, The game starts with your character being rescued from a dungeon by a band of Orcs and from here on in you embark upon your quest to save your sister from an evil being known as lord Gandohar. The back story and info on characters in quite in-depth and there's plenty of options to customise your characters appearance. When you startwo Worlds 2 published by Topware is an Action RPG, The game starts with your character being rescued from a dungeon by a band of Orcs and from here on in you embark upon your quest to save your sister from an evil being known as lord Gandohar. The back story and info on characters in quite in-depth and there's plenty of options to customise your characters appearance. When you start playing you'll be greeted with some impressive vista's that include detailed grass and tree's that span right into the distance..
    Once you get into some action you notice that your character is not class based unlike a few other RPG's, instead you apply skill points to your abilities such as mage, warrior, assassin, and ranger. Combine this with quick weapon and armour switching, and you'll be able to play as one of three classes at any one time. The weapons and armour selection is via a crafting system where all items are broken down into basic components such as a shield into wood, a helmet into leather and a sword into iron etc.. These components can then be used to upgrade your existing items and make them vastly more powerful. As with most RPG's you'll need to save you're progress often to avoid having to redo things if you get killed, so make sure you set the auto-save time to a fairly frequent time,
    If your character is mainly magic focused then there's another section of the crafting system that deals with spells. This spell system is based on cards that carry attributes. For instance, you may have a fire card, if you were to combine this with a projectile card you'll get a fireball, add in a ricochet card and you'll have a fireball that bounces between enemies. There's a whole range of different modifiers and base types for you to play with and experiment with so that you can create spells to suit your gaming style, added to the card system are modifiers based on elements such as earth, water, fire, air, life and death, these spells go into an amulet, and you can have three amulets active at any one time. If that's not enough customisation for you there's also an alchemy system, that you can top up by taking raw elements from corpses, these include wolf-claw and baboon tongue etc with which you can use to create potions. Youâ
  19. May 3, 2011
    Two Worlds II begins with a bang, but interest slowly fades away as the game progresses. There are many different quests to explore and some that even attempt to trick the player, but more or less they are the same. The main character suffers badly from "the Witcher" envy as he has stolen his haircut, voice and attitude. The game is difficult only up until you figure out how to forgeTwo Worlds II begins with a bang, but interest slowly fades away as the game progresses. There are many different quests to explore and some that even attempt to trick the player, but more or less they are the same. The main character suffers badly from "the Witcher" envy as he has stolen his haircut, voice and attitude. The game is difficult only up until you figure out how to forge weapons, when eventually you can create ones that can cut enemies in half in basically one swing. This may have been fixed by a patch, but combat gets repetitive soon after making it off of the first island in the game as everything from Ostriches to Wolfmen go out of their way to confront your character. Still a dramatic improvement upon the first game in the series, and not by any means a bad game, just not my cup of tea. Expand
  20. Mar 9, 2011
    After the events around the first game , the second installment looked like a huge improvement, at least on the surface.The first game known for it's horrible VA became the definition of how not to introduce a new world to a player.The second game improves it's mechanics, mostly by adding accessibility where unnecessary complications flawed the first game.
    The magic system is a wast
    The magic system is a wast improvement giving the player the option to create his own spells and by merging the skills it lets the player decide what to do with his character.
    The story seems to expand , but only on the surface, the entire game is actually a huge amount of unrelated quests and story's that fail to connect or drag in the player. The overall feel was :"Why am I here and what am I doing."
    The MP component actually comes in as welcome addition, because the single player campaign actually feels like a MP introduction.
    Animations and character creation are flawed but tolerable.The AI is bad, very bad, and the environments are very pleasing.
    On PC the game suffers strong eye-straining bloom , that is not easily manageable, and controls that are very console like, typical with multiple tasks assigned to one key.
    Still when reflecting that there is character progression to a extent only limited by the player's will and idea, it's a actually fun exploration oriented RPG.
  21. Aug 9, 2012
    It starts out kind of bad, with a long intro and writing that feels like it snuck out of a pro wrestling match. And then the combat is a little clunky. I actually started and gave up on it because of that maybe 2 or 3 times.

Eventually I rolled a mage and got a little farther into the game, and the dialog moved from "bad" to "so bad it's good". Favorite line is if you pester a city guard, he yells at you "Shut the **** up! I'm in charge here and I'm the talking person, understood?" I keep seeing stuff like that and going "I can't believe they said that! So bad it's good! Or maybe just good, I don't know!"

In short, it's kind of like a cross between an open elder scrolls game and a bioware game, without all the awful bioware tropes. No forced good/bad choices, no stupid intra party romance.

Oh, and the magic system is kind of neat. Not quite as good as Morrowind in terms of freedom, but I can shoot effectively endless homing fireballs and summon 10 high power mooks to fight for me.
  22. Sep 20, 2011
    This game is flawed, in that there is no doubt. But if you manage to get it on sale it can pass a few hours away. The combat is dull, with the exception of the magic system which is innovative but lost amongst the other problems. Such as the map giving you a dot where you need to go but not allow you to zoom in better leading you to aimless wander around until you figure out that theThis game is flawed, in that there is no doubt. But if you manage to get it on sale it can pass a few hours away. The combat is dull, with the exception of the magic system which is innovative but lost amongst the other problems. Such as the map giving you a dot where you need to go but not allow you to zoom in better leading you to aimless wander around until you figure out that the location is actually underground or within a building. I played the game for around 10hrs, and it seemed to go no where at all, there are plenty of quest but little incentive to complete them. If you really need a new RPG, and have too much money then sure try it out. If not I'd wait for something better. Expand
  23. Feb 13, 2011
    First thing that really stands out are the amazing graphics. I have an average gfx card but it seems to handle it easy, while other (with less eye candy) games won't really run, so i salute the graphics engine for Two Worlds 2. The story is interesting enough, it has some twists and turns and lots of the side quest come to a unexpected and interesting conclusion. It does have some flaws,First thing that really stands out are the amazing graphics. I have an average gfx card but it seems to handle it easy, while other (with less eye candy) games won't really run, so i salute the graphics engine for Two Worlds 2. The story is interesting enough, it has some twists and turns and lots of the side quest come to a unexpected and interesting conclusion. It does have some flaws, the dungeons seem pretty generic, the hud and inventory screen are a bit strange with the huge icons and some of the voice acting is not convincing. The combat is a bit strange in the beginning, but you will get used to it. This game left me with mixed feelings, on one side amazing graphics and some interesting twists and innovations (the magic system is pretty neat) and on the other side some things like the slightly off voice acting, the strange and sudden ending and the hud icons. Benefit of the doubt i guess, its still an enjoyable game. Oh and the most important thing: its stable. Expand
  24. Mar 6, 2012
    I often find myself comparing the mechanics of one game to another to paint a picture, so when I was told that Two Worlds II was a RPG that could rival the likes of Skyrim I couldn't help myself and purchased it. What I played was far from Skyrim, but there were some comparisons that jumped out at me. The graphics remind me of Tomb Raider, the combat system reminds me of Fable 3 and theI often find myself comparing the mechanics of one game to another to paint a picture, so when I was told that Two Worlds II was a RPG that could rival the likes of Skyrim I couldn't help myself and purchased it. What I played was far from Skyrim, but there were some comparisons that jumped out at me. The graphics remind me of Tomb Raider, the combat system reminds me of Fable 3 and the quest cutscenes reminded me of World of Warcraft. Confused yet?

This game is a mess. The single player campaign mode is difficult to enjoy at face value. But then you throw in all the cut scenes. The characters mouth and arm movements are stiff and dont even come close to reflecting the words that are actually being spoken. And as if this isnt bad enough, there are a LOT of these cut scenes.

I was impressed with the graphics but it felt as if two different artist renditions were combined into one. Beautiful character models and beautiful enviroment, but when you put both in the same frame, they don't mesh very well together. It makes for a very clunky experience.

Thirdly, combat can be repetitive and boring at times. But the sheer amount of options you have in customizing your player really saves this aspect. It is a decent RPG. Nothing more, nothing less. I would recommend this game only if you can get it for 10 bucks or less. Any more than that and you'll probably find yourself feeling disappointed.
  25. Mar 17, 2011
    the french translation is the worst i ever seen, i believed for a moment it is a joke, but in anyways the NPC, and character have no charisma, i just get bored and not finished the Game.
    The environment is the most interesting in this game. It's just a pity that the rest aren't the same.
  26. May 21, 2011
    The game is overall enjoyable, despite some gameplay flaws, minor glitches and a terrible ending. If you take your time to do all the quests in the first chapter, I'll actually get to appreciate the effort. Visuals are good - nothing outstanding. The only thing that really stands out are the fighting mechanics as a mage.
  27. Feb 23, 2011
    I have to modify my previous review, the unstability of the game wasn't all the program's fault as I discovered but an update of the high definition driver (very difficult to find) that is causing most of those crashes, not all of them, by exemple, use of intense magic can crash the game too. When we remove the crashes problems of the equation, then the game become very interesting evenI have to modify my previous review, the unstability of the game wasn't all the program's fault as I discovered but an update of the high definition driver (very difficult to find) that is causing most of those crashes, not all of them, by exemple, use of intense magic can crash the game too. When we remove the crashes problems of the equation, then the game become very interesting even with few bugs. The low side is a lack of content on multiplayer mode, the village can be a very usefull tool but the game would gain a lot more if they would open the full map and add some more quests and more challenging areas for high level players instead of having players grinding non stop the same maps. There isn't much choices available on multiplay, it's a RPG game, different mentality, people want challenge, quests, they don't mind grinding but for a purpose not just showing a high level char but nothing fun to do with it. Repetition of the same maps over and over...people get bored. But still, even with those few low sides, this game worth trying, You will still have some fun for hours before you will get good enough to start to get bored, and by the time you'll be to that point, who knows? maybe some new content will then have been release? A wish shared by many players so far, me included. Expand
  28. Mar 10, 2012
    First off, I like two worlds and two worlds 2. Bad plot? yes, pretty terrible. Annoying 3rd person no first person option? yep. But running around and killing stuff and getting new items and exploring was fun. not great. not skyrim. but fun. Some RPGs just are not fun when you run around and kill stuff. this one can be. It is uneven. Some parts I am hooked, other's I am yawning. This isFirst off, I like two worlds and two worlds 2. Bad plot? yes, pretty terrible. Annoying 3rd person no first person option? yep. But running around and killing stuff and getting new items and exploring was fun. not great. not skyrim. but fun. Some RPGs just are not fun when you run around and kill stuff. this one can be. It is uneven. Some parts I am hooked, other's I am yawning. This is a good example of a game to by on sale. things that really get under my skin and might bug you.

1) you can't buy materials for metallurgy. I can see how you might want to limit the number for sale, or make them more exspensive than one might think materials would be, so that it is not game breaking, but seriously I have 139000 auras and I can't buy a single piece of chainmail? annoying.

2) limited choices and a big fat morass of moral grey. there are alot of quests where to advance the plot you have to do stuff only a bad guy would do. and then you have quests that only a goodie goodie would do "hey for 100 auras go pick flowers!" that said, some quests are great. like the traitor quest. I have been surprised by more than one quest. (of course, now I always look for a twist...)

anyway, this is an example of a game that should get a B minus if it were graded. it totally "passes" the grade. it is not just "average" (a c) ...it has some good stuff going on. but man this thing can annoy the bejeezus out of me at time.
  29. Feb 12, 2011
    Two Worlds two has some amazing graphics and very beautiful environments and it really looks like they put some time into crafting them, Unfortunately the same could not be said about the Combat, I found the combat to be extremely difficult to control, so much so that its painful to even think about going into combat, arrows seem to move slow, and using melee seems really clunky.
    after
    after defeating an enemy you will be praising the Lord for the miracle that he bestowed upon you.

for $50 I wouldn't recommend this game, maybe at a cheaper price it would be worth the buy.
  30. Mar 10, 2011
    It's a decent game, good enough to keep me occupied from start to finish. However, the enemy is more stupid than challenging and I was in the final battle on level 39 with mostly level 35 gear (max is 50) and yet I won and it wasn't compelling enough to play through again on hard. It didn't help that the ending isn't all that great either. With melee you can breeze through it, playing as aIt's a decent game, good enough to keep me occupied from start to finish. However, the enemy is more stupid than challenging and I was in the final battle on level 39 with mostly level 35 gear (max is 50) and yet I won and it wasn't compelling enough to play through again on hard. It didn't help that the ending isn't all that great either. With melee you can breeze through it, playing as a mage is much harder as in the open you'll kill anything before they even touch you but as usual there are some tight spots where you're surrounded by the enemy or fighting in a small room. There's not much if any scaling so if you run into the wrong enemies you'd better run or die a quick death. I didn't play ranger (there's no actual classes but between strength/accuracy/magic attributes there could just as well be) but I imagine it would be much like the mage, easy on open spaces and bad in close quarters. Also as a mage you have to consider resistances, as a melee fight I just as one weapon with half slashing/bludgeoning damage with crystals for elemental damage, nothing was resistant against everything so I didn't really need any tactics. Expand
  31. Mar 23, 2011
    I'm sure there is a good game in here somewhere, I just haven't been able to find it. The story has hints of possible glory but it's so convoluted and seemingly random early on that it's impossible to follow. I hadn't played Two Worlds 1 so that might be part of the issue but I'm still not convinced. Similarly the gameplay has potential but it just feels to cumbersome compared to other,I'm sure there is a good game in here somewhere, I just haven't been able to find it. The story has hints of possible glory but it's so convoluted and seemingly random early on that it's impossible to follow. I hadn't played Two Worlds 1 so that might be part of the issue but I'm still not convinced. Similarly the gameplay has potential but it just feels to cumbersome compared to other, better, controls schemes. The concept of the magic usage is very neat and I did enjoy messing with it but it will probably go over the heads of many people and will cause them to revert to a ranged or melee character, even if they want to play a mage. The ranged class has some issues with using it as well I found. It's like going down a check list to attempt to use it and if you miss one step you won't get the result you were looking for. If nothing else it's good for a first attack on an enemy at ranged and then switching over to a sword for close ranged combat. The melee feels like the clunkiest of the 3, the animations are great but it's feels so very slow and there is no feeling of weight behind your swings so it doesn't even seem like you're playing with foam weapons. It's certainly controllable, or it would be if the camera would hold still for a second. I don't know why the camera weaves around behind you like the cameraman had too much vodka before we started but I really wish there was a way to turn it off (or at least that I could find it).

The graphics are very nice, or they are once you've turned the gamma down to a level that you can actually see the rest of the game. I hope you like bloom, because there certainly isn't a lack of it here. The combat animations are also smooth and good to look at but then the character animations during the dialog scenes look like something out of a B rated movie that's trying way to hard.

Overall there is a good foundation here for a great game but it just falters on so many levels that unless you were a fan of the first game, I couldn't recommend this one.
  32. Nov 6, 2011
    This game is a mix of brilliance and poorly thought out quest lines,as if two teams were working on the project ,one of geniuses and another of idiots.
    The storyline which is criticised is no worse than most RPG and some of the spelling and translation is amusing- but that is not the main problem with the game- which is.. lack of focus.
    Would be improved by showing enemy levels and better
    Would be improved by showing enemy levels and better quests ...in short its a brilliantly created world of nothing.
    It has the potential to be a top rated game but its not there yet .They could take a few tips from Dragon age Origins and they would have a winner.
    Worth buying, not memorable
  33. May 2, 2011
    Two Worlds 2 I felt had a great basis for a game, not perfect but a good foundation. Single player mode there wasn't a lot to complain about, the cut scene animations were a bit lack luster, dialogue wasn't the best acted, but compared to most RPG's its not out of the norm. Your enemies aren't particularly brilliant, but hey I never expected an rhino to know that he should run away if I'mTwo Worlds 2 I felt had a great basis for a game, not perfect but a good foundation. Single player mode there wasn't a lot to complain about, the cut scene animations were a bit lack luster, dialogue wasn't the best acted, but compared to most RPG's its not out of the norm. Your enemies aren't particularly brilliant, but hey I never expected an rhino to know that he should run away if I'm on a rock and he can't hit me. All and all single player was decent, worth playing through. Before I get into what was in my opinion its biggest shortfall, I'll mention what I liked because this was a good game, a lot to love, and I don't want to give the impression otherwise, the in game world is beautiful, just as amazing as when you first saw Oblivion trailers. The fact that they added weapons that other RPG's haven't was nice touch, and the animation for those attacks was brilliant. Your special moves are limited, but the set up for melee combat was enjoyable, Archers felt about the same as most games with a few tweaks here and there that were that improved the experience. The magic system was complicated, but if you took some time to trial and error the ability to create your very own spell was superior to all other magic systems I've played before. Story line gave the same impression I get from most RPG's you do enough side quests you start to forget your main goal until some grabs your attention and says hey do this to get there, but the side quests were actually interesting, not just go get this and go kill him. The villages were immersive, being able to build your own town to get what you want was a good change, and were the missions actually centered from here they could have been an excellent match making center for friends, but mostly you'll end up buying and selling and leaving, or occasionally saving the silly townspeople for gargoyles or giant spiders. The MP had several different game plays PVP and PVE, that you could create from towns and the set up worked. Minus the not being able to have an actual friends list not much to improve on how you created games and joined them it worked brilliantly everything I've wanted in a MP RPG. Now for the biggest downfall of the game was in the MP. Not the game play or set up, the fact that it boasted a MP, but its only a good 10-20 hours before it became a grinding fest. You can only play the same levels so many times before you just don't care. The MP was exactly what I've been waiting for in an RPG, concise missions, 1-8 players, with all the elements of an RPG, except in length. Unless they release DLC there is no point in claiming a MP except for PVP battles. The PVE experience is just over way to fast. I hope they do because for every other flaw is minute and the pro's will make you completely forget them. RPG players want a world of quests hours to get lost in adventures and that is where the game fell short for now. IF DLC is released to extend the MP PVE game play the game in my opinion would surpass all other RPG's because you could have that experience with friends always a perk to have that option. I suppose to wrap it up, SP is good, on par with your top contenders. Add to your MP and you'll have a game that will surge up to the top and easily change my 6 to a 9 or 10. Expand
  34. Jul 15, 2012
    I am currently playing Two Worlds 2, and so far i find it difficult to play, not from controls, just the disappointment. By this i mean when you look at when it was released and the graphics of that time, it is extremely easy to say, there should have been more work. The environments are absolutely beautiful, I.E. close to Skyrim's or even a little better some can say. how ever.. theI am currently playing Two Worlds 2, and so far i find it difficult to play, not from controls, just the disappointment. By this i mean when you look at when it was released and the graphics of that time, it is extremely easy to say, there should have been more work. The environments are absolutely beautiful, I.E. close to Skyrim's or even a little better some can say. how ever.. the character graphics are bland the level of customization is very low, and so far the voice acting sounds as if they have a stick up their bum and are being forced to read out loud. With character customization you have roughly 4 different complexions, each one after the first choice in my opinion just get worse, not many of the customize choices are visible. and at the end of all it, your character ends up with what i like to call "baby hands", meaning your characters hands are small like they do not match the rest of your body. the facial customization, is just weird, eyebrows out of place, your nose looks like Owen Wilson's no matter what you do, and your eyes make you look like a stoner or your paranoid. The hair options are just plain horrible. Your beard if you choose to get one is plain black you cannot change its color, and it looks like you have feces smeared on your face.

This is just a first look review, and so far I am not impressed, I am glad I got this during the big sale on Steam and not at full price. So in summery, I give this game a 6, in hopes as i play further it would get better.
  35. Apr 18, 2016
    Not bad . It is a long game . The cons : motion blur is awful and cant be disabled from the game option menu . Sometimes , might get lost i.e. hard to find the exact person .
  36. Feb 9, 2011
    Certainly there are flaws with the game, some of the animations are less than stellar, the combat needs some work, and the interface could be better, but all of the issues i've encountered pale in comparison to the pure addictive fun that the game has to offer. It's been a long time since I've played a game that makes me forget to eat and sleep for hours on end, but I find it easy to loseCertainly there are flaws with the game, some of the animations are less than stellar, the combat needs some work, and the interface could be better, but all of the issues i've encountered pale in comparison to the pure addictive fun that the game has to offer. It's been a long time since I've played a game that makes me forget to eat and sleep for hours on end, but I find it easy to lose myself in this game. I'm sure this game isn't for everyone, but if you love a good fantasy RPG I doubt you will be disappointed by Two Worlds II. Collapse

1. Mar 19, 2011
    Two Worlds 2 is disappointingly flawed and frequently clunky but, if you can tough it out, can also be extraordinarily rewarding.
  2. PC Format
    Mar 18, 2011
    The best RPG we've played in a long time. [Apr 2011, p.101]
  3. Mar 3, 2011
    And you know what? It's still fun despite the terrible story and stupid enemy A.I. I respect a game that gives me so much to do, so many areas to explore, so many customization options, and so many quests. I had a lot of fun with Two Worlds II, and while the story annoys me in its second act, I do see myself giving it another go at a later date.