6.4

1. Oct 7, 2013
    Steam crafting rewards me with a voucher that basically gave the game away; 73 minutes in and I'm bored to death of this adolescent, flaccid fantasy drivel. Almost everything about the game is bland, generic and stale. The most uncompelling rubbish I've seen since Rage of Mages. Visually a huge improvement over the first game, however ropey animations, anatomically incorrect playerSteam crafting rewards me with a voucher that basically gave the game away; 73 minutes in and I'm bored to death of this adolescent, flaccid fantasy drivel. Almost everything about the game is bland, generic and stale. The most uncompelling rubbish I've seen since Rage of Mages. Visually a huge improvement over the first game, however ropey animations, anatomically incorrect player character (hilariously short arms) terrible voice acting and wonky dialogue make Two Worlds unintentionally hysterical, or just plain awful. Expand
  2. Apr 9, 2014
    I am enjoying Two Worlds II on my Mac much much more than I did on my PS3!! I felt like with this version I was able to really sit down and connect with the game on a far more personal level! This is due largely to the fact that almost every complaint I had with the PS3 version has been fixed here! The voice acting lines up with the lip syncing, there is little to no pop in, the characterI am enjoying Two Worlds II on my Mac much much more than I did on my PS3!! I felt like with this version I was able to really sit down and connect with the game on a far more personal level! This is due largely to the fact that almost every complaint I had with the PS3 version has been fixed here! The voice acting lines up with the lip syncing, there is little to no pop in, the character models/animations have been overhauled and last but certainly not least this game has been given a huge graphical upgrade! The first time I booted it up I was taken aside by how pretty it looked! If you own a Mac or a PC and you're into RPG's you should defitniely give this one a try now! Its truly an amazing game with one of the best fantasy worlds I have ever seen and you're not going to find a better version of it on the market! Expand
  3. May 17, 2011
    Great graphics. In the main Two Worlds II does look pretty good most of the time. Gameplay lacks depth and the world feels a little too linear for my taste most of the time. I usually really love games of this type but I dont like to feel driven to play it one way as I did with TW2. WARNING: Dont judge the game by the first hour or 2 of gameplay which are even more linear than theGreat graphics. In the main Two Worlds II does look pretty good most of the time. Gameplay lacks depth and the world feels a little too linear for my taste most of the time. I usually really love games of this type but I dont like to feel driven to play it one way as I did with TW2. WARNING: Dont judge the game by the first hour or 2 of gameplay which are even more linear than the rest of the game. It opens up a bit (not a huge amount but some) I have 2 key criticisms:

Too linear.
    Too small
    Not customisable enough in terms of graphics features disable/enable. (Mainly because I would like to see whats making my pc work so hard. Its good, but not that good that I can work out whats so demanding.

What did I like:
    Good looking game
    Characters less corny thab sine,
    Better fight mechanics than oblivion but pretty clunky
  4. Feb 13, 2012
    One genuine surprise. The original was so incredibly flawed. From wonky animation to clumsy combat to horrible stomach turning dialog. However once you got past those drawbacks - a HUGE world awaited you. This game dissapoints in the world. It reduces it drastically over the first game. It presents you with a giant map, and then gives you little islands that you can explore. Not lettingOne genuine surprise. The original was so incredibly flawed. From wonky animation to clumsy combat to horrible stomach turning dialog. However once you got past those drawbacks - a HUGE world awaited you. This game dissapoints in the world. It reduces it drastically over the first game. It presents you with a giant map, and then gives you little islands that you can explore. Not letting you explore the major map. That alone made me hate this game. ---- And after about 6 months of hating this game I made peace with it. And started playing it for real. And... Yes, it's a lot better than two worlds 1. A LOT better. In fact, I reccomend this game to people who like quality open world rpg's in general. Combat is improved, guilds are interesting now, the world is less copy/paste - the new systems make a lot more sense. It's a damn solid game. However one of the major things keeping it from greatness, is the very thing that the original flawed game did have. A big world. Make two worlds 3 have the quality of two worlds 2, and the size of two worlds 1. And you have a all time great game. 7/10. Impressive. Expand
  5. Dec 19, 2017
    How can anyone seriously give this game a 10 out of 10!? I'm really hoping those people are trolls because there is no way that this game could even be enjoyable. I like how people are like "The Graphics suck, animations are bad, mechanics are broken, story sucks, but it's still great other than that", If those things are bad then what is even left to enjoy!? This game is just a disasterHow can anyone seriously give this game a 10 out of 10!? I'm really hoping those people are trolls because there is no way that this game could even be enjoyable. I like how people are like "The Graphics suck, animations are bad, mechanics are broken, story sucks, but it's still great other than that", If those things are bad then what is even left to enjoy!? This game is just a disaster and I wouldn't have reviewed it if they hadn't had it up for game of the year. That is just embarrassing and this game makes me want to quit video games altogether. There is no fun way to enjoy this game. Everything in the game just lags and doesn't look at all good and just handles horribly. You want to play an actually fun game that is like this? Go play skyrim Expand
  6. Feb 14, 2011
    As much as I disliked the first Two Worlds, you'd think I wouldn't have gotten so worked up over the constant delays and cancellations that its sequel was saddled with, yet for some reason each time its release was pushed back I became more and more aggravated. Though the first game wasn't exactly perfect it did have that authentic European CRPG feel that I've come to love and appreciateAs much as I disliked the first Two Worlds, you'd think I wouldn't have gotten so worked up over the constant delays and cancellations that its sequel was saddled with, yet for some reason each time its release was pushed back I became more and more aggravated. Though the first game wasn't exactly perfect it did have that authentic European CRPG feel that I've come to love and appreciate over the past decade, and it was this fact that made me anxious to play a re-tooled and properly play tested sequel. After breaking down and importing the international version through gogamer last month I finally managed to play the game that had been on European gamer's hard drives since last October...And I'm not sure the wait was really worth it.

The first Two Worlds was initially pitched to gamers as an "online Oblivion" that coupled deep singleplayer with a very rewarding cooperative multiplayer experience that the fans of Bethesda's Elder Scrolls series had been clamoring for during the past ten years. It promised so much and yet delivered so little that it's no wonder so few gamers speak positively about their experiences with it. Thanks to a very forgettable (and in my experience, mostly PvP-centered) online mode and a story that was as bland and devoid of class as a cup of tap water it was only the promise of 300 gamer points for defeating the last boss that kept me going until the end. I had hoped Two Worlds 2 would be better, and I was assured through marketing hype that it would be.

While better than the first game in several ways, Two Worlds 2 still falls short of being what I consider to be a quality CRPG.

To prove this you need look no further than the size of the game's world and compare it to the first. While the first game wasn't exceptionally large it was still big enough for me to leave large sections of it unexplored due to lack of time. This sequel, however, has a singleplayer landmass that is divided between three very small islands that when combined barely reach the same size of The Elder Scrolls 3 - Morrowind. Which is sad when you consider Morrowind is coming up on it's 9th birthday this spring.

In the 40-50 hours it took me to clear the singleplayer portion of the game I had easily (and unintentionally) filled in half of the game world by the 10 hour mark. After completing the Island of Ashos it only took me only another few hours to finish the final few miles of the game's spartan landmass, resulting in a very disappointing final rush to the end that was spurred on more by me wanting to finish it rather than actually being curious as to what I'd find or how I'd conquer it.

To say Two Worlds 2's singleplayer world is small is being extremely kind to it. The world is so small that it barely reaches early 2000 RPG standards and is about only half the size of Morrowind and about 1/10th the size of Oblivion. In today's crowded RPG marketplace it's not a good idea to be so "small".

You might have noticed I put an unusual amount of emphasis on the word "single player" in the previous two paragraphs. If you wondered why, it's due to the brunt of the game world being locked off and only made available to players engaging in the online-only "MMO" style campaign. This large online-only island, which you cannot even glitch your way into during the single player (much less sail to legally) is four times the size of the singleplayer world and plays host to a much more diverse and interesting landscape than what you'll encounter in the offline version of the game. In short, the entirety of the game is wrapped up in this blocked off island and only those with a lot of patience for lag and a fair amount of friends that live in their time zone will get to properly enjoy.

Further blemishing the game is its rather bland and unimaginative combat. While the monsters themselves can sometimes be challenging and therefore fun to do battle with, the vast majority of the game's battles can be won by "spamming" a few key moves while hitting the left mouse button during their cool-down time. Though it isn't as bad as Two Worlds 1 and its "Hit, dodge, hit, dodge" exploit that enabled even under-leveled characters to beat the last two bosses without getting hit, it is still a significant degree below what I consider standard for modern CRPGs. Granted, even most "modern" CRPGs like Fable and Oblivion fail at this but that doesn't give Two Worlds 2 permission to be shallow.
  7. Mar 9, 2012
    I just have to say this is a good game, no more, no less, and even though this has tons of gameplay hours it may get a bit tedious. It's nice to see that the developers went for a nice pace when it comes to the character and gameplay, the learning curve may vary depending on where you go and when but i found it to be fair, same thing with the quests though there were a few times where isI just have to say this is a good game, no more, no less, and even though this has tons of gameplay hours it may get a bit tedious. It's nice to see that the developers went for a nice pace when it comes to the character and gameplay, the learning curve may vary depending on where you go and when but i found it to be fair, same thing with the quests though there were a few times where is was overloaded with them and i just didnt want to do any quests. The enemy variety is also extremely good and the npc's looks vary but there rises another problem, the voice acting and facial animations are extremely dull which breaks your immersion. When it comes to story I was confused, I never played the original Two Worlds so I had to do research to know what was going on which i didn't like. Now the graphics are decent but not that great, and the animations may vary from quite good to a little bit dull and dated. The magic system, that saves this game, learning abilities and creating crazy spells and combining abilities is so fun magic may become a great weapon, or just something to distract you. Overall this game has a downside for nearly every good thing but its still playable and some may enjoy it, just keep in your mind that this is not a game for everyone, but you are welcome to try it if this is your type of game. Expand
  8. Jan 8, 2014
    More fun than the first but the new crafting system is a step back in my opinion. The graphics are better and the story is pretty good. Unfortunately there are some bugs, the quest tracking isn't the best in the world and it is difficult to know where to go to get some quests.
  9. Feb 15, 2012
    Great semi open worlded RPG, with plenty of content and side activities (like playing dice or "bard hero"). Graphics are really beautiful and colorful here, unlike most of the gray and brown games nowadays (take skyrim for one, even the supposedly eye-candish glass armor looks gray and lifeless). Quests and combat are rather mediocre, but not bad. I guess this game could be much better,Great semi open worlded RPG, with plenty of content and side activities (like playing dice or "bard hero"). Graphics are really beautiful and colorful here, unlike most of the gray and brown games nowadays (take skyrim for one, even the supposedly eye-candish glass armor looks gray and lifeless). Quests and combat are rather mediocre, but not bad. I guess this game could be much better, but its already a huge step forward from the previous one. Expand
  10. May 29, 2017
    Two Worlds 2 has nothing to buy and play because of too much Cons in game. The only Pros is finishing the game easily whatever difficult you chose.
    Graphics is terrible with robotic movements, especially the characters head. Materials texture (iron, wood, metal...) is all the same as fabric.
    Sounds and main character's voice are small and just like zombie's voice. Finishing the quests
    Sounds and main character's voice are small and just like zombie's voice.
    Finishing the quests reward which not deserve for what you did.
    Monster is too less for leveling up.
    Unable to drop something such as book, HP/MP potion...

They plan to make Two Worlds 3. I hope they've learned something.
  11. Dec 6, 2012
    It's a refreshing etch-a-sketch of game mechanisms, cunningly woven into an ensemble of storytelling, humor and minigames, that not only works, but works very well. That is, in theory. Two Worlds II is a grandiose idea, that is possibly way ahead of the curb, when compared to other games of the genre. Graphically it is great. Nothing stellar, but very satisfactory. The battle system is funIt's a refreshing etch-a-sketch of game mechanisms, cunningly woven into an ensemble of storytelling, humor and minigames, that not only works, but works very well. That is, in theory. Two Worlds II is a grandiose idea, that is possibly way ahead of the curb, when compared to other games of the genre. Graphically it is great. Nothing stellar, but very satisfactory. The battle system is fun and engaging, but falters at times for no apparent reason. All in all, great idea, but it needs more work to make it stable. Expand
  12. Sep 21, 2015
    While Two Worlds 2 is slightly better than the first, it has better graphics and voice acting though speech sync is done poorly, a characters mouth will be moving, but no words are said until 2 to 4 seconds later and seems to have the same sort of story about some guy that has to rescue his sister.

I tried to play it, but it feels so clunky, lacking any polish and usability and I feel so bored and uninspired playing it, dialogue is rather lengthy, poorly written and boring. Even though it was only 8pm when playing it Iam falling asleep from boredom at forcing myself to play.

While those aspects are boring exploring the world is the most fun and I like the crafting but the game can be so frustrating a grom 1 hit kills you with an arrow and my character dies very easily and feels so weak.

Another sub par average nearly bad game. It's slightly better than the first.
  13. Feb 10, 2011
    i'd give it a thumbs up for improving over the first yet it isn't a perfect game. it is still a fun and addicting game that will pleased most RPG gamers
  14. May 22, 2011
    Very good RPG. It has a lot of setbacks but it also has a lot of potential.
    + crafting
    + magic system
    + alchemy
    + skills
    + easy to learn and use fighting system

- dialogs
    - cutscenes
    - story
    - the biggest area on the map is unavailable?!
  15. Dec 22, 2013
    The good things..., no i mean the GREAT things in this game will make easily you forgive the minor flaws you'd pay to experience greatest sensations that gaming can give this is worth your time!
  16. Jul 19, 2014
    Well I was pleasantly surprised. There is a lot going for this game and it really is an improvement on the first game in the series.
    I thought the main character was a hoot. I loved the very dry but funny comments he made throughout the game. I liked the side quests, they were interesting and entertaining and usually quite unpredictable in how they would turn out.
    I enjoyed the
    I enjoyed the storyline, I certainly didn't want to stop playing until I got to the end and I was tempted to do a lot of side missions along the way.
    The horses were a bit of a fail (never around) as was fighting in the small corridors. Terrible camera angles meant I couldn't see my character at all and he was getting stuck in corners and having the stuffing pummelled out of him while I blindly tried pressing keys trying to get him up and away from walls, corners or holes.
    The inventory was a bit of a mess, the idea of armour sets nice but it was too easy to dismantle an item and then when you switch armour sets find yourself left standing in the nuddy with only your bow and a small dagger. (Hehe)(Pun intended)

I will say this. I would be replaying this game over and over if I had the option to play as a female. I wouldn't want to stop until I experienced all the classes and their armours/weapon combinations. I would also have been very interested in buying the dlc and/or any expansions. I think RPG developers should give serious consideration to us female gamers as consumers with spending power. I liked the game but playing as a male... there is no replay interest for me.

Overall I'm glad I played this game though. It was fun!
  17. Nov 28, 2012
    I didn't give the first game much of a chance, as I played for about 20 minutes before I decided I couldn't handle the interface or mechanics. Because of that experience, I kept my distance from the second one to the point of completely forgetting the entire franchise. I was browsing some YouTube reviews of random games, and I came across Two Worlds 2. The gist of what was said; "It's farI didn't give the first game much of a chance, as I played for about 20 minutes before I decided I couldn't handle the interface or mechanics. Because of that experience, I kept my distance from the second one to the point of completely forgetting the entire franchise. I was browsing some YouTube reviews of random games, and I came across Two Worlds 2. The gist of what was said; "It's far from perfect, but a magnificent improvement." and they gave a 7/10 as opposed to its predecessors' measly 4/10. That was enough for me to pick this game up and give it a try. As any transition to a new developers' rendition of an RPG, the controls and interface took me a while to fully grasp and understand, but once I got the hang of it I could see what they were trying to accomplish, and it works for the most part. Combat seems rather high-curved and non-noob-friendly. Difficulty escalates quickly if you don't know what you're doing, but that is what makes RPG's shine; finding a way to make it easier, while simultaneously being fun. Visuals are some of the best of the genre, looks like Fable 2's beautiful array of colors matched with Oblivion's type of terrain. Makes for a lovely visual experience. As RPG's go, this effort is a 10/10. Only thing keeping my score down at 8 is the infamous force-quits that arise from multiple factors. Doesn't happen too often, but these days even crashing on a rare basis is too much. Plenty of other games that don't crash no matter how hard I push them. The other thing keeping it down is the lack of fine tuning. As far as attention to detail, they do a wonderful job, everything seems to be handled intricately, but there ARE some minor things that get missed, such as an enemy not loading an animation, or simply not having an animation, so they just kind of float around doing damage to you. Think of a newly released MMO, or expansion to one. Sure, there may be a few things that don't look quite right, but it's all working properly, so you just chuckle at the fact it looks funny even tho it is still attacking you just the same. Minor things like that. The main thing that attracted me to the game was the magic system. Skyrim's dumbed down magic was disappointing, so the extreme customization of magic in Two Worlds 2 was a lovely refresher, especially since it has a large amount of real-time physics involved, not just animation and effect. Two worlds 2 summed up in 6 words; "the RPG that Fable never was", as it takes a lot of design and aesthetics from the Fable series, but expands on it more than Lionhead could ever hope to. All in all, a solid game-play experience. If you're bored with Skyrim, Fable, your MMO, or any other RPG out there, give Two Worlds 2 a try, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised once you get the hang of it. Just make sure to save pretty much after every quest turned in and every group of enemies killed, as you never know when a force-close will force you to do it all over again. Expand
  18. Jul 5, 2011
    This game is one of the most well rounded SP RPG's i have seen.
    The crafting is fantastic as well as the magic and alchemy abilities.
    You can do it all in this game, horses to ride, every weapon you can think of and a great system for quest tracking and mapping. it may have a bug here and there but i have not found them. the voice acting isnt perfect and the cut scenes maybe alittle
    This game is one of the most well rounded SP RPG's i have seen.
    The crafting is fantastic as well as the magic and alchemy abilities.
    the voice acting isnt perfect and the cut scenes maybe alittle dated but you won't notice as the hours fly by with everything else. I love being able to upgrade my current gear my dismantling other items.
    If you want to see what Gothic COULD have been and enjoy the hell out of a game get this one. thumbs way up guys great job.
  19. Aug 22, 2012
    This game is very very good!
    Well i liked the fist one and i thought to take the second one too so...
    This game has improved A LOT since the fist one. At the start of the game i died a lot i got angry a little bit about the monsters (sometimes there are weak as hell and sometimes u die with one hit and that happens at the beginning) but i found out that the game sometimes want u to
    This game is very very good!
    Well i liked the fist one and i thought to take the second one too so...
    This game has improved A LOT since the fist one.
    At the start of the game i died a lot i got angry a little bit about the monsters (sometimes there are weak as hell and sometimes u die with one hit and that happens at the beginning) but i found out that the game sometimes want u to level up or avoid some enemies!
    Well the reason why i gave this game 7 and not 10 is because of the map (its not to small and not to big but they make it look to big and when u want to teleport back to the start u need to wait half minute to move the arrow to the teleport... and the other bad think is... i am a warrior guy and this game doesnt seems to like warriors much... i am 12 lvl and the shops doesnt give any heavy armor only some cloak for heavy armor...i even join the fighters guild and the only armor they had was leather... i used a bonus code to get a heavy armor.
    the mages are very powerful in this game! if u like mages this game is for u if u like warriors like me this game is hard but good :)
  20. Apr 7, 2013
    Good rpg with some minor flaws. A couple of quests are easily broken by using the same game mechanics you learn to use to play the game, like teleporting out. The magic system is complex, but lacks a certain dept: after a while you can just keep using the same three spells. That aside, I't a charming game, good voice acting, and may keep you nailed to the screen for a while. Most questsGood rpg with some minor flaws. A couple of quests are easily broken by using the same game mechanics you learn to use to play the game, like teleporting out. The magic system is complex, but lacks a certain dept: after a while you can just keep using the same three spells. That aside, I't a charming game, good voice acting, and may keep you nailed to the screen for a while. Most quests are fun, even if unrelated to the main story, and it was actually surprising to see that I was still enjoyng it after some hours of gameplay. I can't see how phisics are implemented toh, most of the time it isn't any different from not having any phisics engine at all. Expand
  21. Mar 10, 2011
    Mediocre at best. Nice gear recycling system, innovative magic system. I played TW1 for 5 hours before I got bored out of my mind. TW2 I played 5,5 hours before the same happened.
    Why is that? Mainly because the combat is too simple. Even on hard there's no plan or skill required for fighting monsters. This gets old really fast. Running around aimlessly is what you'll be doing a lot in this game. Looting stuff only provides so much fun. Graphics are ok. Story and gameplay are very weak.

If Topware needs better reviews from me, please contact me. I can use your review money. Thank you! http://www.destructoid.com/allegations-sleaze-treachery-a-tale-of-two-worlds-194521.phtml
  22. Aug 16, 2011
    A beautiful - or at least a decent looking - semi open world role playing game. There are some choices and consequences which might matter here. If you can stand the game long enough to reach them. Really though, its just more of the same in the badly over-crowded sword and sorcery genre of role playing. There are some nice ideas - upgrading weapons and armor using similar items found asA beautiful - or at least a decent looking - semi open world role playing game. There are some choices and consequences which might matter here. If you can stand the game long enough to reach them. Really though, its just more of the same in the badly over-crowded sword and sorcery genre of role playing. There are some nice ideas - upgrading weapons and armor using similar items found as loot is a nice touch. On the other hand, these things simply cannot make up for a broken stealth system, a magic system so clunky its better off ignored, an uninspired story and a world that feels like more like a nation geographic special than a real fantasy realm. My advice: Wait for Skyrim. Expand
  23. May 17, 2011
    The magic system in this game is the best magic system I have ever come across in any rpg. EVER you can create a nearly unlimited number of spell combinations.Once you get into this game it is just so addictive theres so many armours and weopens to collect that you will spend a very long time trying to get them all! Very fun game!
  24. Jan 10, 2013
    No. 1 Scam since i play Games (15 Years) An empty World with nothing to do. 300 Quests? Forget it. Many Reviews are just big lies. This Game is waste of money. Only the Voice Actors are good. You even cant explore the main island, its for "MP" only. But the MP are Little Instances with countles bugs to encounter. I wondered why so less Video´s and Infos were present before release.No. 1 Scam since i play Games (15 Years) An empty World with nothing to do. 300 Quests? Forget it. Many Reviews are just big lies. This Game is waste of money. Only the Voice Actors are good. You even cant explore the main island, its for "MP" only. But the MP are Little Instances with countles bugs to encounter. I wondered why so less Video´s and Infos were present before release. Its simple, there is nothing to do but walk through an empty world and boring copy&paste Dungeons, do uninspired Quests. Exploration?..Not in this Game. Expand
  25. Jul 27, 2014
    I have mixed feelings about this game. The world is beautiful, and the main quests (and some side quests) involve actual C&C, and allow you to take sides here and there, which adds a lot to the story. There are often surprises to be discovered, when there is more than meets the eye to a quest giver or his motives. However, other than that the game suffers from almost every common problemI have mixed feelings about this game. The world is beautiful, and the main quests (and some side quests) involve actual C&C, and allow you to take sides here and there, which adds a lot to the story. There are often surprises to be discovered, when there is more than meets the eye to a quest giver or his motives. However, other than that the game suffers from almost every common problem seen in a fully open world RPG. For one thing, it's a lootfest. You'll be collecting a huge sack of stuff that you'll never need. Inexplicably, that includes a whole lot of buffers for situations you'll never encounter. (I really wish that developers would give some thought to the looting. Make it worthwhile. Give me something really powerful to buy. Give me a situation where I'll need a frost buffer.) Secondly, the story telling is choppy at times. I've finished the game but I wouldn't be able to explain the plot to anyone, just the same way I would be able to explain the plot of a poorly edited B-movie. Not that it's all bad. Sometimes the story can really grab your attention, especially when you're unexpectedly trapped or surprised to find out the identity of the serial killer you were looking for. The people who made this game can tell a good story, but they don't do it consistently. It's almost like the problem was organizational rather than lack of talent. An RPG with C&C is very hard to plan, and this game is a bit rough around the edges as a result. The story could also benefit from real professional writing, and some more complex lore. The lore of 2W2 is very thin and lacks a sense of politics and philosophy. The societies it portrays smack of modern day social norms rather than the humility, grit and fear of the medieval world. It's obvious that the game writers have played The Witcher, because they (loosely) copied some of its stories, but 2W2 lacks the unity of that game and its atmosphere and creative direction. That being said, some of the side quests can be unexpectedly deep and long, which was a pleasant surprise.

The graphics, as I already said, are beautiful. The vistas are nice. The grass. The water. The shadows. Light shining between the branches. Aside from the nasty screen tearing, it looks better than many more recent RPG titles. Unfortunately, it looks like they were cheap on artistry. The design of everything is cliche. Your mage wears a pointy hat that makes him look like Disney's Merlin.

The game features three continents and a number of smaller islands. It looks huge, until you find out that the biggest continent is used mostly for multi-player (which I admittedly haven't tried yet). The assets are reused in a subtle way so they don't get boring. For example, there is a university, and then there are ruins of a university in a dark place called the Swallows. They're almost copies of the same thing, but this is difficult to notice. I wish, though, the devs had made exploration a bit more rewarding. There are too many places where there is just a dead end or some nearly useless loot.

The combat, while fun at times, lacks tactics. I played as a mage, and most of the fights in the game consisted of me casting a summon spell that surrounded the enemies with my summoned decoys that trapped them. Then I zapped these enemies with seeking fire balls. Really, this was a way of exploiting the stupidity of the AI, the fact that the AI cannot push over or walk over another (even much weaker) character and also the fact that the collision detector doesn't detect friendly fire and my fireballs pass right though the summons. In other words, 90% of the fights in the game are ridiculous. The combat system is also prone to the standard run back and forth spamming health potions abuse that is so common in this kind of game. It's made all the easier by the fact that your character can outrun anything. I should also add that the health bars, magic bars and any other bars in the game are about 2-5 times as long as they should be. A typical fight will require 20-50 fireball spells for a single enemy, late in the game.

The magic system is a bit innovative. You can cast fireball summons, for example. Theoretically, you can combine dozens of spell cards into almost any elaborate spell. In practice, however, only some combinations actually work as a spell. If you play as a mage you'll be firing "guided missiles" for the whole game and not much more.

The game adds a few interesting touches here and there. Your character talks to himself in some situations, and even makes fun of enemies. You can ride a horse, and even race it. You can buy a boat and visit one of the smaller islands (which just has enemies and loot in it). The alchemy system allows you to use almost anything that you loot in a potion. (Unfortunately, you'll be making mostly potions you never need. (As a mage, I didn't need the stamina boosters, accuracy boosters or even the magic bar booster potions.)

Over all: a notch better than ok, 6.5/10
  26. Feb 14, 2011
    Two Worlds II is the most underrated game I have played this year. The magic system surpassed any RPG this year, the graphics were better than decent and the world was well designed. The online was especially good. The game failed at controls, physics and the character customization.
  27. Apr 28, 2013
    Deeply flawed, and yet still fun to play. Pick it up in a sale... provided you are an wrpg fan
    The good :
    -magic system is very deep and offers customization of spells -although the world of antaloor doesn't have a solid lore, its still varied enough and is interesting to inhabit. -soundtrack is good (not great) and it changes from one continent of the world to another to fit the tone
    The good :
    -magic system is very deep and offers customization of spells
    -soundtrack is good (not great) and it changes from one continent of the world to another to fit the tone (except for the battle song that is the same damn song over and over again)
    -content, tons of content here. If you are looking for quantity, you got it
    The bad :
    -Dumb AI, the enemies often do not notice your presence or they get stuck behind a rock/wall/invisible barrier.
    -Story and Dialogue. It honestly seems that a person no older than 13 could have written the plot of this game. Same goes for the quality of the dialog
    -Control schemes the same button for sneak and run? WHAAAAAAT? thankfully this does not hamper the gameplay too much. other minor control scheme issues also exist
    The average :
    -Melee Ranged combat IMHO it was fine; not great, but fine. I did have fun with a melee focused character but i can't recommend it to you
    -RPG leveling up stuff Simple enough. Putting points into simple 4 different stats, and choosing your weapons and gear according to those stats.

So if you like western rpgs and have nothing at the moment to play, pick this one up
  28. Jul 8, 2011
    The controls for this game are horrible, clearly designed with a console in mind with auto aim and all that sort thing, I turned them off but its still no where near good enough for a PC game. There is no precision hits like you expect from a PC game and that lets the game down in end and drops the score below 9. Other than that, this game is great, it has so many quests that even after 30The controls for this game are horrible, clearly designed with a console in mind with auto aim and all that sort thing, I turned them off but its still no where near good enough for a PC game. There is no precision hits like you expect from a PC game and that lets the game down in end and drops the score below 9. Other than that, this game is great, it has so many quests that even after 30 hours, I have still not done them all. The voice acting is good, the quests are good, the individual stories are good, the game has its own sense of humour and not every NPC you speak too will play fair with you. Just like real life. It has some of the best looking cities, dungeons and caves I have seen too. If you can put up with the console style controls, I recommend this game. Expand
  29. Aug 24, 2013
    After 6 or so hours….i’ve gotta throw in the towel on this one. I appreciate the attempt at a worthwhile game but this thing is lacking so much usability and polish that it’s baffling to me.

Magic this seems to have some genuinely good features and mechanics Graphics pretty good. I REALLY like the foliage effects. They’re superior to Skyrim. Camera angle I really like the wobbly

Magic this seems to have some genuinely good features and mechanics
    Camera angle I really like the wobbly camera affect when you move and pan around.
    Crafting this looked really promising and I was starting to tinker with it.
    Lockpicking annoying
    Horse riding absolutely obnoxious (rapid clicking RMB to keep speed up???? Seriously? And if you overdo it the horse kicks you off)
    Looting sloooow, imprecise
    Jumping sluggish and retarded to pair it with the loot action button
    Enemies impossible to judge if they’re going to royally cornhole you until it’s nearly too late. You can't tell what their level is, their weakness/resistance, nothing. There are too many clustered too densely in too many areas.
    NPCs voice acting is disjointed but ok.
    Questing/Map/Teleporting this…..this is the killer. It’s absolutely painful to no end just simply following a quest, tagging my map, figuring out a destination, following it on my minimap, losing my DAMN HORSE and stealing another one, just zooming in and out on the goddamn map is a lesson in madness, I could go on forever on this one. Why didn’t they integrate the map/quest/teleporting into a single comprehensible tool instead of three disassociated menus? This is so impossibly maddening to simply navigate the game as a whole that it was the absolute deal breaker.

Uninstalled.
    The End.
  30. May 20, 2011
    good RPG if you can get it cheap thats a great deal.. tons of things to do and craft.. graphics lack abit lets face it its not a witcher 2 but gameplay wise you are free to do what ever you want gear wise and else.. really interesting solutions.. 8/10

1. Mar 19, 2011
    Two Worlds 2 is disappointingly flawed and frequently clunky but, if you can tough it out, can also be extraordinarily rewarding.
  2. PC Format
    Mar 18, 2011
    The best RPG we've played in a long time. [Apr 2011, p.101]
  3. Mar 3, 2011
    And you know what? It's still fun despite the terrible story and stupid enemy A.I. I respect a game that gives me so much to do, so many areas to explore, so many customization options, and so many quests. I had a lot of fun with Two Worlds II, and while the story annoys me in its second act, I do see myself giving it another go at a later date.