Two Worlds II PC

6.5

1. Feb 16, 2011
    the graphics are real nice though they went a bit overboard with too much glow on everything outside a dungeon and the motion blur when moving gets old fast. the magic system is quite the chore. and if you don't mind crashing quite often id say go for it. for me this was a waist of money. I cant get more then 5 minuets and it crashes every time.
  2. Feb 13, 2011
    First thing that really stands out are the amazing graphics. I have an average gfx card but it seems to handle it easy, while other (with less eye candy) games won't really run, so i salute the graphics engine for Two Worlds 2. The story is interesting enough, it has some twists and turns and lots of the side quest come to a unexpected and interesting conclusion. It does have some flaws,First thing that really stands out are the amazing graphics. I have an average gfx card but it seems to handle it easy, while other (with less eye candy) games won't really run, so i salute the graphics engine for Two Worlds 2. The story is interesting enough, it has some twists and turns and lots of the side quest come to a unexpected and interesting conclusion. It does have some flaws, the dungeons seem pretty generic, the hud and inventory screen are a bit strange with the huge icons and some of the voice acting is not convincing. The combat is a bit strange in the beginning, but you will get used to it. This game left me with mixed feelings, on one side amazing graphics and some interesting twists and innovations (the magic system is pretty neat) and on the other side some things like the slightly off voice acting, the strange and sudden ending and the hud icons. Benefit of the doubt i guess, its still an enjoyable game. Oh and the most important thing: its stable. Expand
  3. Feb 14, 2011
    Two Worlds II is the most underrated game I have played this year. The magic system surpassed any RPG this year, the graphics were better than decent and the world was well designed. The online was especially good. The game failed at controls, physics and the character customization.
  4. Feb 15, 2011
    Two Worlds II, does succeed in a few area's but this sequel misses par. The graphics are quite majestic, the score is orchestrated masterfully. Generally though, the games mechanics fall short. The animations are rancid, mostly due to the GRACE physics engine. Melee fighting quickly becomes stale and redundant. The magic system is different, within regards to it's user input. Half of theTwo Worlds II, does succeed in a few area's but this sequel misses par. The graphics are quite majestic, the score is orchestrated masterfully. Generally though, the games mechanics fall short. The animations are rancid, mostly due to the GRACE physics engine. Melee fighting quickly becomes stale and redundant. The magic system is different, within regards to it's user input. Half of the skills are passives, specific weapons correlate with combat skills. The interface is clunky, and slow with reactions to the player. The English voice acting is solid, though the main character has a Jay Anthony Franke-ish sound to him. It's quite disappointing to see video game designers struggling to produce solid action-rpg's with the same likeness of Gothic. Risen has really been the only except in recent years. I would like to see Reality Pump give it another go, but it's time to close the Two Worlds series. Expand
  5. Feb 14, 2011
    As much as I disliked the first Two Worlds, you'd think I wouldn't have gotten so worked up over the constant delays and cancellations that its sequel was saddled with, yet for some reason each time its release was pushed back I became more and more aggravated. Though the first game wasn't exactly perfect it did have that authentic European CRPG feel that I've come to love and appreciateAs much as I disliked the first Two Worlds, you'd think I wouldn't have gotten so worked up over the constant delays and cancellations that its sequel was saddled with, yet for some reason each time its release was pushed back I became more and more aggravated. Though the first game wasn't exactly perfect it did have that authentic European CRPG feel that I've come to love and appreciate over the past decade, and it was this fact that made me anxious to play a re-tooled and properly play tested sequel. After breaking down and importing the international version through gogamer last month I finally managed to play the game that had been on European gamer's hard drives since last October...And I'm not sure the wait was really worth it.

The first Two Worlds was initially pitched to gamers as an "online Oblivion" that coupled deep singleplayer with a very rewarding cooperative multiplayer experience that the fans of Bethesda's Elder Scrolls series had been clamoring for during the past ten years. It promised so much and yet delivered so little that it's no wonder so few gamers speak positively about their experiences with it. Thanks to a very forgettable (and in my experience, mostly PvP-centered) online mode and a story that was as bland and devoid of class as a cup of tap water it was only the promise of 300 gamer points for defeating the last boss that kept me going until the end. I had hoped Two Worlds 2 would be better, and I was assured through marketing hype that it would be.

While better than the first game in several ways, Two Worlds 2 still falls short of being what I consider to be a quality CRPG.

To prove this you need look no further than the size of the game's world and compare it to the first. While the first game wasn't exceptionally large it was still big enough for me to leave large sections of it unexplored due to lack of time. This sequel, however, has a singleplayer landmass that is divided between three very small islands that when combined barely reach the same size of The Elder Scrolls 3 - Morrowind. Which is sad when you consider Morrowind is coming up on it's 9th birthday this spring.

In the 40-50 hours it took me to clear the singleplayer portion of the game I had easily (and unintentionally) filled in half of the game world by the 10 hour mark. After completing the Island of Ashos it only took me only another few hours to finish the final few miles of the game's spartan landmass, resulting in a very disappointing final rush to the end that was spurred on more by me wanting to finish it rather than actually being curious as to what I'd find or how I'd conquer it.

To say Two Worlds 2's singleplayer world is small is being extremely kind to it. The world is so small that it barely reaches early 2000 RPG standards and is about only half the size of Morrowind and about 1/10th the size of Oblivion. In today's crowded RPG marketplace it's not a good idea to be so "small".

You might have noticed I put an unusual amount of emphasis on the word "single player" in the previous two paragraphs. If you wondered why, it's due to the brunt of the game world being locked off and only made available to players engaging in the online-only "MMO" style campaign. This large online-only island, which you cannot even glitch your way into during the single player (much less sail to legally) is four times the size of the singleplayer world and plays host to a much more diverse and interesting landscape than what you'll encounter in the offline version of the game. In short, the entirety of the game is wrapped up in this blocked off island and only those with a lot of patience for lag and a fair amount of friends that live in their time zone will get to properly enjoy.

Further blemishing the game is its rather bland and unimaginative combat. While the monsters themselves can sometimes be challenging and therefore fun to do battle with, the vast majority of the game's battles can be won by "spamming" a few key moves while hitting the left mouse button during their cool-down time. Though it isn't as bad as Two Worlds 1 and its "Hit, dodge, hit, dodge" exploit that enabled even under-leveled characters to beat the last two bosses without getting hit, it is still a significant degree below what I consider standard for modern CRPGs. Granted, even most "modern" CRPGs like Fable and Oblivion fail at this but that doesn't give Two Worlds 2 permission to be shallow.
  6. Jul 8, 2011
    The controls for this game are horrible, clearly designed with a console in mind with auto aim and all that sort thing, I turned them off but its still no where near good enough for a PC game. There is no precision hits like you expect from a PC game and that lets the game down in end and drops the score below 9. Other than that, this game is great, it has so many quests that even after 30The controls for this game are horrible, clearly designed with a console in mind with auto aim and all that sort thing, I turned them off but its still no where near good enough for a PC game. There is no precision hits like you expect from a PC game and that lets the game down in end and drops the score below 9. Other than that, this game is great, it has so many quests that even after 30 hours, I have still not done them all. The voice acting is good, the quests are good, the individual stories are good, the game has its own sense of humour and not every NPC you speak too will play fair with you. Just like real life. It has some of the best looking cities, dungeons and caves I have seen too. If you can put up with the console style controls, I recommend this game. Expand
  7. May 17, 2011
    Great graphics. In the main Two Worlds II does look pretty good most of the time. Gameplay lacks depth and the world feels a little too linear for my taste most of the time. I usually really love games of this type but I dont like to feel driven to play it one way as I did with TW2. WARNING: Dont judge the game by the first hour or 2 of gameplay which are even more linear than theGreat graphics. In the main Two Worlds II does look pretty good most of the time. Gameplay lacks depth and the world feels a little too linear for my taste most of the time. I usually really love games of this type but I dont like to feel driven to play it one way as I did with TW2. WARNING: Dont judge the game by the first hour or 2 of gameplay which are even more linear than the rest of the game. It opens up a bit (not a huge amount but some) I have 2 key criticisms:

Too linear.
    Too small
    Not customisable enough in terms of graphics features disable/enable. (Mainly because I would like to see whats making my pc work so hard. Its good, but not that good that I can work out whats so demanding.

What did I like:
    Good looking game
    Characters less corny thab sine,
    Better fight mechanics than oblivion but pretty clunky
  8. Feb 10, 2011
    i'd give it a thumbs up for improving over the first yet it isn't a perfect game. it is still a fun and addicting game that will pleased most RPG gamers
  9. Feb 27, 2011
    wo Worlds 2 published by Topware is an Action RPG, The game starts with your character being rescued from a dungeon by a band of Orcs and from here on in you embark upon your quest to save your sister from an evil being known as lord Gandohar. The back story and info on characters in quite in-depth and there's plenty of options to customise your characters appearance. When you startwo Worlds 2 published by Topware is an Action RPG, The game starts with your character being rescued from a dungeon by a band of Orcs and from here on in you embark upon your quest to save your sister from an evil being known as lord Gandohar. The back story and info on characters in quite in-depth and there's plenty of options to customise your characters appearance. When you start playing you'll be greeted with some impressive vista's that include detailed grass and tree's that span right into the distance..
    Once you get into some action you notice that your character is not class based unlike a few other RPG's, instead you apply skill points to your abilities such as mage, warrior, assassin, and ranger. Combine this with quick weapon and armour switching, and you'll be able to play as one of three classes at any one time. The weapons and armour selection is via a crafting system where all items are broken down into basic components such as a shield into wood, a helmet into leather and a sword into iron etc.. These components can then be used to upgrade your existing items and make them vastly more powerful. As with most RPG's you'll need to save you're progress often to avoid having to redo things if you get killed, so make sure you set the auto-save time to a fairly frequent time,
    If your character is mainly magic focused then there's another section of the crafting system that deals with spells. This spell system is based on cards that carry attributes. For instance, you may have a fire card, if you were to combine this with a projectile card you'll get a fireball, add in a ricochet card and you'll have a fireball that bounces between enemies. There's a whole range of different modifiers and base types for you to play with and experiment with so that you can create spells to suit your gaming style, added to the card system are modifiers based on elements such as earth, water, fire, air, life and death, these spells go into an amulet, and you can have three amulets active at any one time. If that's not enough customisation for you there's also an alchemy system, that you can top up by taking raw elements from corpses, these include wolf-claw and baboon tongue etc with which you can use to create potions. Youâ
  10. Jul 5, 2011
    This game is one of the most well rounded SP RPG's i have seen.
    The crafting is fantastic as well as the magic and alchemy abilities.
    You can do it all in this game, horses to ride, every weapon you can think of and a great system for quest tracking and mapping. it may have a bug here and there but i have not found them. the voice acting isnt perfect and the cut scenes maybe alittle
    This game is one of the most well rounded SP RPG's i have seen.
    The crafting is fantastic as well as the magic and alchemy abilities.
    the voice acting isnt perfect and the cut scenes maybe alittle dated but you won't notice as the hours fly by with everything else. I love being able to upgrade my current gear my dismantling other items.
    If you want to see what Gothic COULD have been and enjoy the hell out of a game get this one. thumbs way up guys great job.
  11. Feb 9, 2011
    Certainly there are flaws with the game, some of the animations are less than stellar, the combat needs some work, and the interface could be better, but all of the issues i've encountered pale in comparison to the pure addictive fun that the game has to offer. It's been a long time since I've played a game that makes me forget to eat and sleep for hours on end, but I find it easy to loseCertainly there are flaws with the game, some of the animations are less than stellar, the combat needs some work, and the interface could be better, but all of the issues i've encountered pale in comparison to the pure addictive fun that the game has to offer. It's been a long time since I've played a game that makes me forget to eat and sleep for hours on end, but I find it easy to lose myself in this game. I'm sure this game isn't for everyone, but if you love a good fantasy RPG I doubt you will be disappointed by Two Worlds II. Expand
  12. Feb 12, 2011
    Two Worlds two has some amazing graphics and very beautiful environments and it really looks like they put some time into crafting them, Unfortunately the same could not be said about the Combat, I found the combat to be extremely difficult to control, so much so that its painful to even think about going into combat, arrows seem to move slow, and using melee seems really clunky.
    after
    after defeating an enemy you will be praising the Lord for the miracle that he bestowed upon you.

for $50 I wouldn't recommend this game, maybe at a cheaper price it would be worth the buy.
  13. Feb 23, 2011
    I have to modify my previous review, the unstability of the game wasn't all the program's fault as I discovered but an update of the high definition driver (very difficult to find) that is causing most of those crashes, not all of them, by exemple, use of intense magic can crash the game too. When we remove the crashes problems of the equation, then the game become very interesting evenI have to modify my previous review, the unstability of the game wasn't all the program's fault as I discovered but an update of the high definition driver (very difficult to find) that is causing most of those crashes, not all of them, by exemple, use of intense magic can crash the game too. When we remove the crashes problems of the equation, then the game become very interesting even with few bugs. The low side is a lack of content on multiplayer mode, the village can be a very usefull tool but the game would gain a lot more if they would open the full map and add some more quests and more challenging areas for high level players instead of having players grinding non stop the same maps. There isn't much choices available on multiplay, it's a RPG game, different mentality, people want challenge, quests, they don't mind grinding but for a purpose not just showing a high level char but nothing fun to do with it. Repetition of the same maps over and over...people get bored. But still, even with those few low sides, this game worth trying, You will still have some fun for hours before you will get good enough to start to get bored, and by the time you'll be to that point, who knows? maybe some new content will then have been release? A wish shared by many players so far, me included. Expand
  14. Apr 7, 2013
    Good rpg with some minor flaws. A couple of quests are easily broken by using the same game mechanics you learn to use to play the game, like teleporting out. The magic system is complex, but lacks a certain dept: after a while you can just keep using the same three spells. That aside, I't a charming game, good voice acting, and may keep you nailed to the screen for a while. Most questsGood rpg with some minor flaws. A couple of quests are easily broken by using the same game mechanics you learn to use to play the game, like teleporting out. The magic system is complex, but lacks a certain dept: after a while you can just keep using the same three spells. That aside, I't a charming game, good voice acting, and may keep you nailed to the screen for a while. Most quests are fun, even if unrelated to the main story, and it was actually surprising to see that I was still enjoyng it after some hours of gameplay. I can't see how phisics are implemented toh, most of the time it isn't any different from not having any phisics engine at all. Expand
  15. Mar 1, 2011
    One of the better RPG's I have played this year. The story tends to be a little weak and suffer from translation in places but the game itself will quickly have you forgetting there even IS a story. Good ol' fashioned hack and slashery!

Also the magic system is absurdly addictive. Making new spells can easily eat up a gaming session as you try just one more tweak....hrmm and what if I tried that....
    The multiplayer is strong and the co-op is perfect for that weekly "few buddies over" evening gaming session.
  16. Mar 9, 2011
    After the events around the first game , the second installment looked like a huge improvement, at least on the surface.The first game known for it's horrible VA became the definition of how not to introduce a new world to a player.The second game improves it's mechanics, mostly by adding accessibility where unnecessary complications flawed the first game.
    The magic system is a wast
    The magic system is a wast improvement giving the player the option to create his own spells and by merging the skills it lets the player decide what to do with his character.
    The story seems to expand , but only on the surface, the entire game is actually a huge amount of unrelated quests and story's that fail to connect or drag in the player. The overall feel was :"Why am I here and what am I doing."
    The MP component actually comes in as welcome addition, because the single player campaign actually feels like a MP introduction.
    Animations and character creation are flawed but tolerable.The AI is bad, very bad, and the environments are very pleasing.
    On PC the game suffers strong eye-straining bloom , that is not easily manageable, and controls that are very console like, typical with multiple tasks assigned to one key.
    Still when reflecting that there is character progression to a extent only limited by the player's will and idea, it's a actually fun exploration oriented RPG.
  17. Apr 23, 2011
    This game gets a 10 just to cancel out DrHappy's 0. Nowhere in his asinine rant, or anywhere in the long-winded destrucoid article he links to, is there anything that even remotely resembles an actual fact.

A bunch of conjecture from....wait for it....anonymous sources. Why don't these folks man up and say what they think, and then stand behind it? Smells fishy to me. Incidentally, this

Incidentally, this game is very enjoyable and is much improved from its predecessor. Reviews in the 7/10 to 8/10 range are right on the money here.
  18. Mar 10, 2011
    Mediocre at best. Nice gear recycling system, innovative magic system. I played TW1 for 5 hours before I got bored out of my mind. TW2 I played 5,5 hours before the same happened.
    Why is that? Mainly because the combat is too simple. Even on hard there's no plan or skill required for fighting monsters. This gets old really fast. Running around aimlessly is what you'll be doing a lot in this game. Looting stuff only provides so much fun. Graphics are ok. Story and gameplay are very weak.

If Topware needs better reviews from me, please contact me. I can use your review money. Thank you! http://www.destructoid.com/allegations-sleaze-treachery-a-tale-of-two-worlds-194521.phtml
  19. Mar 10, 2011
    It's a decent game, good enough to keep me occupied from start to finish. However, the enemy is more stupid than challenging and I was in the final battle on level 39 with mostly level 35 gear (max is 50) and yet I won and it wasn't compelling enough to play through again on hard. It didn't help that the ending isn't all that great either. With melee you can breeze through it, playing as aIt's a decent game, good enough to keep me occupied from start to finish. However, the enemy is more stupid than challenging and I was in the final battle on level 39 with mostly level 35 gear (max is 50) and yet I won and it wasn't compelling enough to play through again on hard. It didn't help that the ending isn't all that great either. With melee you can breeze through it, playing as a mage is much harder as in the open you'll kill anything before they even touch you but as usual there are some tight spots where you're surrounded by the enemy or fighting in a small room. There's not much if any scaling so if you run into the wrong enemies you'd better run or die a quick death. I didn't play ranger (there's no actual classes but between strength/accuracy/magic attributes there could just as well be) but I imagine it would be much like the mage, easy on open spaces and bad in close quarters. Also as a mage you have to consider resistances, as a melee fight I just as one weapon with half slashing/bludgeoning damage with crystals for elemental damage, nothing was resistant against everything so I didn't really need any tactics. Expand
  20. Jan 10, 2013
    No. 1 Scam since i play Games (15 Years) An empty World with nothing to do. 300 Quests? Forget it. Many Reviews are just big lies. This Game is waste of money. Only the Voice Actors are good. You even cant explore the main island, its for "MP" only. But the MP are Little Instances with countles bugs to encounter. I wondered why so less Video´s and Infos were present before release.No. 1 Scam since i play Games (15 Years) An empty World with nothing to do. 300 Quests? Forget it. Many Reviews are just big lies. This Game is waste of money. Only the Voice Actors are good. You even cant explore the main island, its for "MP" only. But the MP are Little Instances with countles bugs to encounter. I wondered why so less Video´s and Infos were present before release. Its simple, there is nothing to do but walk through an empty world and boring copy&paste Dungeons, do uninspired Quests. Exploration?..Not in this Game. Expand
  21. Mar 12, 2011
    Unexpected good game, could not play a 1st one. There are still a lot of places to grow, but a huge amount of good things already there. Several great side quests, amazing fighting, graphics in general, big world, most of time great story, craft is blowminded. Just try it.
  22. Mar 17, 2011
    the french translation is the worst i ever seen, i believed for a moment it is a joke, but in anyways the NPC, and character have no charisma, i just get bored and not finished the Game.
    The environment is the most interesting in this game. It's just a pity that the rest aren't the same.
  23. Mar 29, 2011
    Two Worlds II is an improvement from the original Two Worlds video game released a few years ago. However, you will experience some game play flaws - which in all sincerity are annoying. (i.e. while you run with your horse, you can get stuck on a random tree) Besides these small flaws, the game is an enjoyable RPG and it will surely entertain you for a lot of hours.
  24. Feb 1, 2013
    I've got the Velvet GOTY version of this game, and it is excellent. Just looking at 2 negative reviews below (by Scytale and R3ct4ngle), these are very indicative of the negative reviews I've read here and elsewhere: these people did not put any time into the game, probably embarrassed to say they didn't get to the 2nd island because they couldn't kill Groms and do not have one ounce ofI've got the Velvet GOTY version of this game, and it is excellent. Just looking at 2 negative reviews below (by Scytale and R3ct4ngle), these are very indicative of the negative reviews I've read here and elsewhere: these people did not put any time into the game, probably embarrassed to say they didn't get to the 2nd island because they couldn't kill Groms and do not have one ounce of truth in anything they've said. The quests aren't your usual rigamarole, on a lot of them you don't know what to expect when you get to your site of interest, these sort of people give up on them before they complete them. Lose interest? Try some of the Skyrim quests, go get this, bring it back and that's pretty much it. The only way to know for yourself is to get a game yourself and test it, you can't trust reviews when you get total lies like that. The Velvet GOTY is hard to find now but it's the version I'm playing with and it is incredible, I'm 60 hours in and according to the map, I haven't even touched the main island yet. However, you can't review the Velvet GOTY version here, for some reason this site thinks it hasn't been released yet. It's better than Skyrim in many respects: faster load times, no crashes or lockups yet, towns with people are more realistic, far more of a range of types of beasts and monsters to kill (spiders are no pushovers in TWII), dungeons that actually have to be charted and DON'T lead you by the hand like Skyrim, more interesting quests. It's much less of a grind to play because of these things and much more interesting. If you can find the Velvet GOTY, do it and buy and extra copy to sell on Ebay, they are RARE now (even more RARE are the strategy guides). Expand
  25. Mar 22, 2011
    Two Worlds 2 is not a game without flaws, the flaws and bugs are many but the other features really made me ignore them, and i guess so will you. the battle animation is not perfect but certainly improved, and the graphics got upped a notch, the story is better (though still a usual cliche of the genre) too. as a sequel this game surely succeeded at making the franchise better and showingTwo Worlds 2 is not a game without flaws, the flaws and bugs are many but the other features really made me ignore them, and i guess so will you. the battle animation is not perfect but certainly improved, and the graphics got upped a notch, the story is better (though still a usual cliche of the genre) too. as a sequel this game surely succeeded at making the franchise better and showing the gamers that the "Two Worlds" franchise have a potential of creating a good RPG . there is a multiplayer feature, but i think you dont buy this game and play because of it, as it is nothing special, really. the spell and potion creation feature is special, though, as you can create potions and spells with little to no limitations. the environment is good and varying, though sometimes it seems like the game is confused on the design, as the enemy types feels out of place and weird. the character creation is not bad, but you can only create male character, as there is no option to play as the opposite gender, probably because of the direction the story takes since the first game. an okay buy for people looking for a good RPG with many quests and a lush, beautiful word, i give it an honest 8 out of 10 because really, i enjoyed the many addictive hours the game presented me. Expand
  26. May 3, 2011
    Two Worlds II begins with a bang, but interest slowly fades away as the game progresses. There are many different quests to explore and some that even attempt to trick the player, but more or less they are the same. The main character suffers badly from "the Witcher" envy as he has stolen his haircut, voice and attitude. The game is difficult only up until you figure out how to forgeTwo Worlds II begins with a bang, but interest slowly fades away as the game progresses. There are many different quests to explore and some that even attempt to trick the player, but more or less they are the same. The main character suffers badly from "the Witcher" envy as he has stolen his haircut, voice and attitude. The game is difficult only up until you figure out how to forge weapons, when eventually you can create ones that can cut enemies in half in basically one swing. This may have been fixed by a patch, but combat gets repetitive soon after making it off of the first island in the game as everything from Ostriches to Wolfmen go out of their way to confront your character. Still a dramatic improvement upon the first game in the series, and not by any means a bad game, just not my cup of tea. Expand
  27. Mar 23, 2011
    I'm sure there is a good game in here somewhere, I just haven't been able to find it. The story has hints of possible glory but it's so convoluted and seemingly random early on that it's impossible to follow. I hadn't played Two Worlds 1 so that might be part of the issue but I'm still not convinced. Similarly the gameplay has potential but it just feels to cumbersome compared to other,I'm sure there is a good game in here somewhere, I just haven't been able to find it. The story has hints of possible glory but it's so convoluted and seemingly random early on that it's impossible to follow. I hadn't played Two Worlds 1 so that might be part of the issue but I'm still not convinced. Similarly the gameplay has potential but it just feels to cumbersome compared to other, better, controls schemes. The concept of the magic usage is very neat and I did enjoy messing with it but it will probably go over the heads of many people and will cause them to revert to a ranged or melee character, even if they want to play a mage. The ranged class has some issues with using it as well I found. It's like going down a check list to attempt to use it and if you miss one step you won't get the result you were looking for. If nothing else it's good for a first attack on an enemy at ranged and then switching over to a sword for close ranged combat. The melee feels like the clunkiest of the 3, the animations are great but it's feels so very slow and there is no feeling of weight behind your swings so it doesn't even seem like you're playing with foam weapons. It's certainly controllable, or it would be if the camera would hold still for a second. I don't know why the camera weaves around behind you like the cameraman had too much vodka before we started but I really wish there was a way to turn it off (or at least that I could find it).

The graphics are very nice, or they are once you've turned the gamma down to a level that you can actually see the rest of the game. I hope you like bloom, because there certainly isn't a lack of it here. The combat animations are also smooth and good to look at but then the character animations during the dialog scenes look like something out of a B rated movie that's trying way to hard.

Overall there is a good foundation here for a great game but it just falters on so many levels that unless you were a fan of the first game, I couldn't recommend this one.
  28. Feb 13, 2012
    One genuine surprise. The original was so incredibly flawed. From wonky animation to clumsy combat to horrible stomach turning dialog. However once you got past those drawbacks - a HUGE world awaited you. This game dissapoints in the world. It reduces it drastically over the first game. It presents you with a giant map, and then gives you little islands that you can explore. Not lettingOne genuine surprise. The original was so incredibly flawed. From wonky animation to clumsy combat to horrible stomach turning dialog. However once you got past those drawbacks - a HUGE world awaited you. This game dissapoints in the world. It reduces it drastically over the first game. It presents you with a giant map, and then gives you little islands that you can explore. Not letting you explore the major map. That alone made me hate this game. ---- And after about 6 months of hating this game I made peace with it. And started playing it for real. And... Yes, it's a lot better than two worlds 1. A LOT better. In fact, I reccomend this game to people who like quality open world rpg's in general. Combat is improved, guilds are interesting now, the world is less copy/paste - the new systems make a lot more sense. It's a damn solid game. However one of the major things keeping it from greatness, is the very thing that the original flawed game did have. A big world. Make two worlds 3 have the quality of two worlds 2, and the size of two worlds 1. And you have a all time great game. 7/10. Impressive. Expand
  29. Mar 26, 2011
    The game wants to be great and falls short. The story is so ambivalent that even after 20+ hours of playing, running through the motions of quest completion, you still don't feel motivated to complete it. As many people state, combat is a very uninspiring affair. Seek other alternatives.
  30. Apr 3, 2011
    The best RPG since oblivion, this game is an underrated fine piece of RPG gaming.

A bold statement? Yes. A false statement? No. First off, ==Gameplay== The game play is solid and moving around feels great even while sprinting which may I add looks amazing. The combat can seem a bit daunting and difficult at first, especially as a mage but you'll soon find yourself slaying many of the

A bold statement? Yes.
    A false statement? No.

First off,

==Gameplay==

The game play is solid and moving around feels great even while sprinting which may I add looks amazing. The combat can seem a bit daunting and difficult at first, especially as a mage but you'll soon find yourself slaying many of the creatures TW2 has to offer and having a hell of alot of fun while doing so.

Melee combat itself is great with nice fluid block and counter mechanics that look amazing, melee combat is refreshingly dynamic in the sense that it isn't the same attack animation over and over until the bad guy is dead. Take dual wielding for example, your character fights with such grace and graphical brilliance you'll sometimes check twice your not watching a well choreographed cinematic.

Magic combat is, I found at least, hard to begin with because early in the game you don't really put out enough damage to stop whatever fiend your attacking from getting close and bashing your face in. It can be off putting but stick to it because mage gets VERY VERY good. And once you get a nice set of robes a nice staff and some of your very own made spells, yes you can make your own spells, you'll soon be commanding undead minions or hurling bouncing fire bolts at enemies in no time.

Ranged combat is very nice in TW2 and looks great, although in some places such as caves and small rooms you can often find yourself overwhelmed and having to retreat to a safe distance or fire as many arrows into the bad guys face while hoping you don't die. This is to be expected however, because let's face it a rangers combat prowess lies in distance and boy in distance landscapes (Of which TW2 has alot of) you will find yourself happily using enemies as a pin cushion before they even think of getting close.

Now, stealth combat. Stealth combat in TW2 is somewhat strange because it's not a full class in it's own right because it lacks any combat skills which is a shame because while you can fight with a dagger it's just a simple 3 hit combo. Stealth is more of a utility rather than combat class because you can pick pocket, pick locks, one hit kill people in the back, sneak around and place traps.

Crafting is great and you can upgrade all your weapons and armour, so that trusty sword you got at level 15 may very well be at your side at level 20 while you slice and dice your enemies. You can add special gems to weapons and armour to give them effects such as fire, ice , lightning etc. Most of the time it's better to dismantle any unwanted loot rather than sell it so you can use the materials to upgrade your own equipment.

Making potions is your typical throw ingredients in a pot and click create. And hoping you get something decent after. You can save recipes if you find a suitably good recipe to save time and effort when you want to make x amount of them.

==Graphics==

Just wow. Easily the best looking RPG to date there is no doubting that, the world looks amazing the armours all look amazing, weapons look amazing. Pretty much everything looks amazing and the game is pretty well optimized too. One thing that really stood out for me is just how good open landscapes look, they look incredible sometimes the lighting can seem overdone and sometimes blinding but other than that you will be opened mouthed, wide eyed and in amazement of what's being displayed on your screen.

==Sound==

The music is very nice and 9 times out of 10 suits the town or zone your in just perfectly. The voice acting is great, unlike the first game which was sadly not very good. Your character sounds suitably bad ass and not in the cheesy try-hard to be bad ass sense, he sounds great. And other NPCs sound great with a very few voices inducing face-palm moments.

The combat sounds great with clangs and bangs having a nice sounding ring to them rather than a sound engineer whacking a can of beans with a spoon. Magic sounds great and casting them cues your character to chant magical words which sounds great. Ranged combat hasn't been left in the dark in the sound department, whizzing arrows sound nice and when they hit something they sound great.

==Story==

Well it can seem quite confusing at first but once you get to grips with it, it does seem good. Although the story is easily the weakest point about TW2 and is why im only giving it a 9 instead of a 10. Don't let this discourage you from purchasing this fine game however, the gameplay MORE than makes up for it.

1. Mar 19, 2011
    Two Worlds 2 is disappointingly flawed and frequently clunky but, if you can tough it out, can also be extraordinarily rewarding.
  2. PC Format
    Mar 18, 2011
    The best RPG we've played in a long time. [Apr 2011, p.101]
  3. Mar 3, 2011
    And you know what? It's still fun despite the terrible story and stupid enemy A.I. I respect a game that gives me so much to do, so many areas to explore, so many customization options, and so many quests. I had a lot of fun with Two Worlds II, and while the story annoys me in its second act, I do see myself giving it another go at a later date.