• Publisher: 1C
  • Release Date: May 4, 2007
8.1

1. Jan 1, 2011
    This game is great. It picks up where X-com left off. The characters are memorable, and the action can get pretty intense for a Stop-Time-Strategy-Game. I found my heart beating heavily as if I was playing L4D2, or Gears of War. When the rag doll physics kicks in and a enemy rolls off the top of a catwalk and slides downhill, it pulls of sensations of awesome.

You get three games in one,
    a base planner, a tactical shooter, and an RPG
    The technology and specialazations of your colony is pretty varied. This game is so worth it. If you catch it on sale its a no-brainer.

Note: Not recommended for people with short attention spans.
  2. Feb 17, 2011
    Great game great classic x-com fun in 3d on the down side i disliked the recruitment option and the given troop roster
  3. Oct 5, 2012
    Just about the best tactical combat game Ive played. I wonder why theres not more like this. The combination of realtime and turn based management is unique and it is best what Ive seen. It does exactly what good game should do: lets you stop action, make important changes - more at once, then resume the reality. But every action takes its time, so you cant really bluff or get advantage.
    Ultimate squad combat, I am only sad that there is no multiplayer and no other similar multiplayer game out there either. Frozen Synapse is trying to do something similar in terms of engine, but it's not quite it. In FS its too much about luck and chances. Afterlight is about precise tactics and counting with all possibilities when planning mission execution. Bravo Altar.
  4. May 30, 2012
    It's such a crime that this game has been overlooked by so many people. Reviewers didn't take enough time to dive deep into the game and find out what there is under the hood. Sure, the voice acting on the English version is abysmal and some of the mission art is bland (not many objects or cover) but the rest of the game is top notch. Any X-Com fan should love this title and it's certainly the best of the UFO series. Not to be overlooked if you're a fan of the X-Com series, especially if you liked Apocalypse. Expand
  5. Oct 4, 2012
    Great game this, I picked it up again recently after a long time and instantly enjoyed it again, it's got the old feel of the original xcom games and builds the urge to keep playing up to nigh on addiction levels! Graphically it still holds up well today UI as a whole can take some getting used to but it works in the end.

My only major gripe is the auto camera feature is so annoying
    it's unbelievable when in caves and underground you end up with sea sickness from the damn thing jumping up and down all the time, some tighter work on the cam would go a long way.

Overall great game and I'd strongly recommend it.
  6. Jan 7, 2014
    XCOM: EU. XCOM UFO: Afterlight UFO: Afterlight XCOM: EU UFO XCOM: EU UFO: Afterlight UFO
    Dec 1, 2007
    This is one of the best 'new' strategy games to come out. I played it all the way through twice. I would recommend this game to anyone who likes strategic management of a simulated colony or turn based tactical combat. I had to ding its score by a point due to a memory leak that the game suffers. After a few hours of gameplay the tactical combat game takes a very long time to load. The best solution to this is to save, exit the game, and relaunch. Otherwise, I'ld say this is a very excellent game with a decent repaly value. Well worth your money. Collapse

1. Overall UFO: Afterlight provides a very worthwhile time investment as the reward you reap is a deep and intriguing strategy game with the kind of RPG elements that add a less geeky feel to it - a surprise hit with us.
  2. A great game that you’ll find yourself unable to step away from because you have to research one thing more, or expand to one more territory.
  3. Yes, you'll find sleeker interfaces and more engaging gunfights in titles such as "Silent Storm," "Faces of War," and "Jagged Alliance 2," but none of those games come with anything half as involved or absorbing as Afterlight's amazing strategic layer.