UFO: Afterlight PC

7.6

1. LukasK.
    Feb 6, 2007
    Good. But not much better from Aftershock. The grapgick look more childs. But some new visions looks great. And when I switch off almost all graphic enhancements a play it on 30 fps on Radeon 9600. 512 Mb RAM. 2200 Athlon XP. And that's quite good. There are some improvements in the game that's look "funny". Because it's simply comeback of "UFO Enemy unknown" or "terror Good. But not much better from Aftershock. The grapgick look more childs. But some new visions looks great. And when I switch off almost all graphic enhancements a play it on 30 fps on Radeon 9600. 512 Mb RAM. 2200 Athlon XP. And that's quite good. There are some improvements in the game that's look "funny". Because it's simply comeback of "UFO Enemy unknown" or "terror from the deep" in new graphic. Only enemy looks different. My decision is buy it if you like UFO strategy. You won't regret. Expand
  2. ChristopherB.
    Feb 11, 2007
    Fantastic game and a brilliant follow up to both Aftermath and Aftershock. Taking the best elements from both of it's predecessors, Afterlight takes the series to a new level by being much deeper, richer and smoother to play. Overall, a fantastic game.
  3. JamesS.
    Feb 22, 2007
    Awesome game from Altar keep up the good work and next time lets see some random map generation so quell the repetitive comments.
  4. Ben
    Apr 6, 2007
    If you enjoy the UFO series this game is for you. It won't however appeal to players who dislike micromanagement because of the focus on individual characters in detailed play. If UFO terror from the deep stoaked your fire this game will make you one seriously happy dude... Overall a fantastic game that my girlfriend already hates because of the time i spend on it >:)
  5. MichaelR
    Apr 7, 2007
    Excellent game. Possibly the best in the UFO series.
    Dec 1, 2007
    This is one of the best 'new' strategy games to come out. I played it all the way through twice. I would recommend this game to anyone who likes strategic management of a simulated colony or turn based tactical combat. I had to ding its score by a point due to a memory leak that the game suffers. After a few hours of gameplay the tactical combat game takes a very long time to This is one of the best 'new' strategy games to come out. I played it all the way through twice. I would recommend this game to anyone who likes strategic management of a simulated colony or turn based tactical combat. I had to ding its score by a point due to a memory leak that the game suffers. After a few hours of gameplay the tactical combat game takes a very long time to load. The best solution to this is to save, exit the game, and relaunch. Otherwise, I'ld say this is a very excellent game with a decent repaly value. Well worth your money. Expand
  7. KonradW.
    May 20, 2007
    Fantastic game, great successor of UFO: Enemy Unknown, Terror From The Deep, not to mention Aftermath or Aftershock. However I miss the crazy artwork on the science & tech research where it shown aliens on the table and or locked away, etc. It just added another story layer, where in Afterlight it's seems to be simplified. In the end great game, worth spending countless nights, Fantastic game, great successor of UFO: Enemy Unknown, Terror From The Deep, not to mention Aftermath or Aftershock. However I miss the crazy artwork on the science & tech research where it shown aliens on the table and or locked away, etc. It just added another story layer, where in Afterlight it's seems to be simplified. In the end great game, worth spending countless nights, trying to beat the aliens in the field as well as in the lab. 2 Thumbs up, if there was a multiplayer (co-op play or Player vs. Player), I would give it 3 thumbs up. Expand
  8. KevinA.
    Jul 21, 2007
    A great continuation on a long running series. Interface is easy to learn and in-depth, and the story and research tree is deep enough to hold more than passing interest.
  9. StevenB.
    Jul 27, 2007
    Very good game, very much like the 'X' series, much better graphics and loads more options.
  10. Muz
    Sep 25, 2007
    Great game. But don't compare it to X-Com, the UFO and X-Com series are very different. Unlike the first of the UFO games, almost everything in Afterlight has changed drastically, from the research to base management to unit training and combat. I'd recommend it for any fan of research and tactical combat.
  11. ChuenLee
    Jul 22, 2009
    This game is awesome! After updating the game with all the latest patches, I don't have any problem with it whatsoever. The patch also improves things like automatic putting injured soldiers to the hospital so I don't have to micro-manage it. The patched AI seemed to be very challenging and sometimes I have to completely change my strategy to complete the mission. I hope thatThis game is awesome! After updating the game with all the latest patches, I don't have any problem with it whatsoever. The patch also improves things like automatic putting injured soldiers to the hospital so I don't have to micro-manage it. The patched AI seemed to be very challenging and sometimes I have to completely change my strategy to complete the mission. I hope that the development team will continue their good work in improving the game and at the same time put in some effort to make a sequel! Expand
  12. MojmirK.
    Jun 24, 2007
    Great game. 3D engine is realy great.
  13. Feb 17, 2011
    Great game great classic x-com fun in 3d on the down side i disliked the recruitment option and the given troop roster
  14. Jan 1, 2011
    This game is great. It picks up where X-com left off. The characters are memorable, and the action can get pretty intense for a Stop-Time-Strategy-Game. I found my heart beating heavily as if I was playing L4D2, or Gears of War. When the rag doll physics kicks in and a enemy rolls off the top of a catwalk and slides downhill, it pulls of sensations of awesome.

You get three games in one,

You get three games in one, a base planner, a tactical shooter, and an RPG
    The technology and specialazations of your colony is pretty varied. This game is so worth it. If you catch it on sale its a no-brainer.

Note: Not recommended for people with short attention spans.
  15. Oct 5, 2012
    Just about the best tactical combat game Ive played. I wonder why theres not more like this. The combination of realtime and turn based management is unique and it is best what Ive seen. It does exactly what good game should do: lets you stop action, make important changes - more at once, then resume the reality. But every action takes its time, so you cant really bluff or get advantage.Just about the best tactical combat game Ive played. I wonder why theres not more like this. The combination of realtime and turn based management is unique and it is best what Ive seen. It does exactly what good game should do: lets you stop action, make important changes - more at once, then resume the reality. But every action takes its time, so you cant really bluff or get advantage.
    Ultimate squad combat, I am only sad that there is no multiplayer and no other similar multiplayer game out there either. Frozen Synapse is trying to do something similar in terms of engine, but it's not quite it. In FS its too much about luck and chances. Afterlight is about precise tactics and counting with all possibilities when planning mission execution. Bravo Altar.
  16. Dec 6, 2014
    There are not much games where you can terraform Mars (or terraform something at all), so that's the reason why this game is really worth playing. Classic UFO in real time + many new cool features. That is realy weak - it is a story...
  17. Oct 4, 2012
    Great game this, I picked it up again recently after a long time and instantly enjoyed it again, it's got the old feel of the original xcom games and builds the urge to keep playing up to nigh on addiction levels! Graphically it still holds up well today UI as a whole can take some getting used to but it works in the end.

My only major gripe is the auto camera feature is so annoying

My only major gripe is the auto camera feature is so annoying it's unbelievable when in caves and underground you end up with sea sickness from the damn thing jumping up and down all the time, some tighter work on the cam would go a long way.

Overall great game and I'd strongly recommend it.
  18. May 30, 2012
    It's such a crime that this game has been overlooked by so many people. Reviewers didn't take enough time to dive deep into the game and find out what there is under the hood. Sure, the voice acting on the English version is abysmal and some of the mission art is bland (not many objects or cover) but the rest of the game is top notch. Any X-Com fan should love this title and it'sIt's such a crime that this game has been overlooked by so many people. Reviewers didn't take enough time to dive deep into the game and find out what there is under the hood. Sure, the voice acting on the English version is abysmal and some of the mission art is bland (not many objects or cover) but the rest of the game is top notch. Any X-Com fan should love this title and it's certainly the best of the UFO series. Not to be overlooked if you're a fan of the X-Com series, especially if you liked Apocalypse. Expand
  19. Jan 7, 2014
    XCOM: EU. XCOM UFO: Afterlight UFO: Afterlight XCOM: EU UFO XCOM: EU UFO: Afterlight UFO

1. Overall UFO: Afterlight provides a very worthwhile time investment as the reward you reap is a deep and intriguing strategy game with the kind of RPG elements that add a less geeky feel to it - a surprise hit with us.
  2. A great game that you’ll find yourself unable to step away from because you have to research one thing more, or expand to one more territory.
  3. Yes, you'll find sleeker interfaces and more engaging gunfights in titles such as "Silent Storm," "Faces of War," and "Jagged Alliance 2," but none of those games come with anything half as involved or absorbing as Afterlight's amazing strategic layer.