UFO: Aftermath PC

6.0

1. Osprey
    Feb 10, 2004
    It's fun and given patience can develop int a good RPG as well as everything else. It's not as bad as people say it is...
  2. AlessioC.
    Dec 3, 2003
    Finally after many years an x-com like game. A good game, good story. Similar in many ways to the OLD X-Com with the lack of economical administering and base building features. Play it, you'll never regret it!!!
  3. GriffA.
    Oct 26, 2003
    It's x-com how can it not be given a 10 out of 10?
  4. LibertyToad
    Oct 6, 2003
    This is pretty much an XCom clone with a few things missing. Although not as good as XCom (how could it be?) it is still a blast to play. Sadly, you can't design your own bases--probably the biggest difference provided my memory serves me correctly. However; the character development is superior to the original and makes up for the difference. It would be difficult for any modern This is pretty much an XCom clone with a few things missing. Although not as good as XCom (how could it be?) it is still a blast to play. Sadly, you can't design your own bases--probably the biggest difference provided my memory serves me correctly. However; the character development is superior to the original and makes up for the difference. It would be difficult for any modern game to beat the original, but this games comes fairly close to equaling it. Strategy players will enjoy it, but most RTS guys probably won't as UFO takes some planning and isn't one of those mindless "clickfest" games. Expand
  5. Mark
    Oct 6, 2003
    Any X-com game is good.
  6. OlavL.
    Nov 12, 2003
    This is a great game, though not as close to X-Com as many would wish it was... http://www.ufoaftermath.co.uk
  7. Pier
    Nov 16, 2003
    It recall me X-COM....but a lot more funny!!! very cool!!
  8. WiktorZ.
    Oct 13, 2003
    Truth is, if sequel is made after so many yeatrs, it is not made got please die-hard fans of series (they will buy it anyway :( ), but new players who never tried it before. So, I assume it's best we can get out of X-com these days, where most games are made for lazy kiddos :(... I miss whole menagement thing (but hey, you can start game with base in Europe or Asia!, just check out Truth is, if sequel is made after so many yeatrs, it is not made got please die-hard fans of series (they will buy it anyway :( ), but new players who never tried it before. So, I assume it's best we can get out of X-com these days, where most games are made for lazy kiddos :(... I miss whole menagement thing (but hey, you can start game with base in Europe or Asia!, just check out game menu) and complex combat enviroment, but at least i can sit and watch earth sphere with terminator moving hours long again... Still loads better then Apocalypse (THAT was a mistake!) Expand
  9. DanB.
    Oct 9, 2003
    Overall, I found this game fun to play even though there is repetition in the missions your squads partake on and that some of the aliens you encounter have god-like markmanship & stealth skills!! Compared to previous XCom games, some of the micro-management features are missing such as base design & hiring scientists & engineers. Personally, I don't miss these absent management Overall, I found this game fun to play even though there is repetition in the missions your squads partake on and that some of the aliens you encounter have god-like markmanship & stealth skills!! Compared to previous XCom games, some of the micro-management features are missing such as base design & hiring scientists & engineers. Personally, I don't miss these absent management features for it lets you concentrate on your squad members, missions, and trying to find out what the Aliens are up to. Also, I found the real-time combat (with pausing capabilities) used in this game very beneficial for completing missions quickly and speeding up game play. Furthermore, the rotating 3D camera angles was a nice addition to the game as well as some decent background music soundtracks. Lastly, I would like to mention that during the game you will have an opportunity to add a few 'good' aliens to your squad roster that can be sent on missions! If you like playing the previous XCom games, you should enjoy playing this new incarnation. Expand
  10. João
    May 22, 2005
    Great game :) long live the good old times of X-COM:EU. Cheers!
  11. Dec 6, 2015
    I've read the good and the bad about it, and here is why i liked this game quite a lot.
    UFO Aftermath has this unique atmosphere of impending doom and, strangely, alienation - not only did i feel hopeless (especially when the alien biomass starts to spread throughout the planet), but all throughout the campaign i felt like i was alone on the planet, abandoned, forgotten, forsaken. Might seem funny, but this mood was precisely what i loved about the game, and none of the sequels were able to capture it so well.

Other than that - the cities are very well done - European style. Love it. Although some complain about tactical aspect of the combat - i enjoyed it for its smoothness. Perhaps i enjoyed it more because i was not expecting a sequel to X-COM, but evaluated the game on its own.

1. I wanted a great deal to love this game. X-Com, after all, owned me. UFOA throws few surprises your way, resulting in monotony...The game is good, but with a little more depth and clarity it could have achieved greatness.
    While Aftermath isn't a bad game, and certainly has some wonderful and fun ideas, it just doesn't compare to other squad based tactical games I've played lately like "Silent Storm" (turn-based) or "Commandos 3" (real-time).
  3. If you’ve ever been excited by Sculder and Mully, or terrified by hydrocephalic children, there’s a game for you. It’s not pretty and it’s not perfect, but we’re so glad it’s there.