7.0

1. Dec 23, 2013
    You would be spending your money better if you wiped your ass with the money you would spend on this game and then set that money fire. seriously you shouldn't buy this game.
  2. Sep 3, 2013
    Lewis Brown thinks this is a very bad game. You cant do much and stuff and he doesn't really like it. Get a game like Call of Duty where you can shoot guys. Stuff doesn't blow up very nice on this game he says and also you can't knife anybody. ;(

Lewis Brown says DONT Buy
  3. AWG
    Jun 17, 2013
    The application crashed the first five (5) times I tried to run it. Eventually I got the simulator to run but since I'm neither one of the developers nor an astrophysics I couldn't understand how to get things to run. There are dozens of buttons an you're not sure which does what. I tried to understand the logic behind the interface but then the app crashed again and so I dropped it forThe application crashed the first five (5) times I tried to run it. Eventually I got the simulator to run but since I'm neither one of the developers nor an astrophysics I couldn't understand how to get things to run. There are dozens of buttons an you're not sure which does what. I tried to understand the logic behind the interface but then the app crashed again and so I dropped it for good.
    Good idea, bad execution.
  4. Feb 24, 2013
    This thing is horrible. I gambled 10 dollars on it because it got 30 positive reviews, but I should have listened to the bad reviews. It's really glitchy... and the orbit lines... if you can imagine a circle... well, it's more like an octogon shape. The lines are really jagged. I thought it might be fun to crash planets into each other, but the explosions are more like... dots coming outThis thing is horrible. I gambled 10 dollars on it because it got 30 positive reviews, but I should have listened to the bad reviews. It's really glitchy... and the orbit lines... if you can imagine a circle... well, it's more like an octogon shape. The lines are really jagged. I thought it might be fun to crash planets into each other, but the explosions are more like... dots coming out of the center of the intended explosion... so like... in other words... the explosions look worse than the original asteroid game. Even that game was more entertaining than these explosions... The best I can say about it is that the planets appear to be named correctly, and some of the physics appear to be correct. But if I had another chance, I wouldn't have bought it. Expand
  5. May 27, 2012
    It doesn't matter if you look at it as a game or a simulation - it is bad either way: plenty of bugs, crashes a lot, simulations become inaccurate pretty fast, and once you finish the tutorials and play around a bit...it loses its interest. The developers shouldn't have released it this way, or, as other have said, they shouldn't have charged so much for it if they did.
  6. Apr 7, 2012
    a pointless yet complex simulator that inexplicably works, only when it wants to and relies on obscure windows files to do so. on those rare occasions that i have seen it run, i haven't gotten much out of it because of the cumbersome interface and my own lack of knowledge in the field of astrophysics.

most of the functions of this game can't possibly be figured out by anything less than an amateur scientist. be prepared to learn nothing unless you are well practiced in high forms of math and astronomy...

in the event you accidentally get this program to run, it is best used as a screen saver. also i'd have to say, best to wait for a 75% discount because it is very likely that you will never see this program running on your pc...
  7. Apr 4, 2012
    This simulator is pretty bad. It really should be free. Charging money for it is just insulting and a rip off. If it were free it would be ok. Its is plague with numerous bugs and crashes constantly. The graphics are bad. Everything rotates way too fast. Some galaxies when you zoom to them are just one star, pretty lazy. You can destroy a planet, but when you do this it completelyThis simulator is pretty bad. It really should be free. Charging money for it is just insulting and a rip off. If it were free it would be ok. Its is plague with numerous bugs and crashes constantly. The graphics are bad. Everything rotates way too fast. Some galaxies when you zoom to them are just one star, pretty lazy. You can destroy a planet, but when you do this it completely disregards the laws of gravity. It basically just rolls away. Mars doesn't even have moons in this simulator. its not very realistic at all and its the worst $10 I've spent in a long while. It would be nice to have a refund, but oh well. Again this should be available for free. The creator this simulator should be sued. Collapse
  8. Dec 30, 2011
    Besides crashing at first and second attempts to run this game and then every 15 minutes, fun from gameplay meets 0. You are just setting physical attributes of stellar objects and see as they run away or collide. Even achievements are "gorgeous": play this game for 1, 10, 100 hours etc.
  9. Aug 6, 2011
    This is literally the worst game/simulation I've ever played. I gave up after 15 minutes of trying to figure out the 747 **** worth of non labeled buttons you're provided. Unless you're a rocket scientist avoid this POS confusion of a collaboration of garbage at all costs. It's like the designers all came up with 50 different ideas and threw them all together on the day it was supposedThis is literally the worst game/simulation I've ever played. I gave up after 15 minutes of trying to figure out the 747 **** worth of non labeled buttons you're provided. Unless you're a rocket scientist avoid this POS confusion of a collaboration of garbage at all costs. It's like the designers all came up with 50 different ideas and threw them all together on the day it was supposed to be released and then said here... have this. Expand
  10. Apr 4, 2012

1. Nov 13, 2011
    Fun with physics, if you're happy to dig to find your treasures, Universe Sandbox has them in spades. [Dec 2011, p.112]
  2. Jul 14, 2011
    This is where universe sandbox succeeds brilliantly: players experience godly power to create or destroy, while almost unavoidably learning something about the physical properties or our universe. [Sept 2011, p.69]
  3. May 18, 2011
    Universe Sandbox isn't a game per se; there are no bosses, aims or levels, merely an accurate model of astronomical bodies for you to fiddle with. It's really more of a toy – the virtual equivalent of a configurable orrery, except hugely more complex than any mechanical system.