8.9

1. GabrielC.
    Jan 10, 2005
    Like Troika games previous efforts, this game doesn't feel finished. there were many times when i needed to search the forums for work arounds to problems, which prevented me from advancing in the game. in fact, this game is so buggy that a 'fan created' patch was released to fix some of the bugs. an official patch is now avaliable but in my opinion its too little too late.
  2. CatherineP.
    Jan 10, 2005
    This is the kind of game that seems very impressive the first few times playing. but after a few hours its many faults begin to show. i believe this is the reason for the high ratings its been getting. the bugs make the game too fustrating to be enjoyable.
  3. MikeW
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dont bother if you use Vista. It will take hours of fidling and may work for you. An exercise in frustration trying to get it to work.
  4. Aug 19, 2011
    Couldn't even get it to work after paying a full $20 on steam, I'm a little upset to be honest, I heard great things about this game from my mates and I can't even play it. Thanks.
  5. Jul 13, 2012
    BE WARNED! MAY NOT WORK ON WINDOWS 7 MACHINES...

BE WARNED! MAY NOT WORK ON WINDOWS 7 MACHINES...

First off, I bought this game years ago and it was fun, but a real challenge to get working on vista. Now that I have windows 7 on all my machines, my daughter came to visit this summer, I can't get it working with any of the patches, on any of my windows 7 rigs. One of the patches non-official patches gave us a virus (at least the website that we downloaded it from did). Be careful when downloading patches from outside sources, and the ones we got from steam didnt work fix the compat issues.

All in all this is an old school game with dated graphics with some bugs. It plays like a "B" movie if you can get it to play at all.
  6. Jul 27, 2013
    The bugs ruined this for me. Far too much time spent trying to chase down fixes and implementing them rather than time spent on the game itself. Enough of that and it's more tempting to go load up another game instead.
  7. Aug 30, 2017
    One of the most overrated games of all time. This broken game failed at sales and received mediocre reviews for a reason back in 2004. It is unfinished, full of bugs, with poor controls and gameplay. A mediocre game that should have been forgotten by now, if not for a small cult following that overhypes it for the wrong reasons.

Just see for yourself. What is the only redeeiming factor

Just see for yourself. What is the only redeeiming factor these cult members say it has all the time? "Atmosphere". This game is about Vampires, and it is dark and edgy and EMO and GOTH. That is the sole reason these people overrated this game. That is why this POS shows up on every "underrated" list everywhere. This is why it has a user score of 8.9 on metacritic. Is it worth it? NO.

Is it worth playing today? No. It was barely worth playing back in 2004, it certainly is a waste of time now, even with the latest community patch. There are thousands of better games than this now. Leave it to the emo/goth kids and invest your time on something more worthwhile, like in any game made after 2010...

Or, if you want a Vampire the Masquerade game, play its predecessor, Redemption. It is so much better than this it is not even funny.

1. If you were disappointed with the recent FPS titles and their somewhat lackluster plot and linear storylines, then you will probably find Bloodlines to be a refreshing change, however on the other hand, a few technical and design issues let it down.
    A game that has one of the strongest single-player campaigns to ever appear in an RPG and it possesses a world so lush that you will literally want to sink your teeth into it.
  3. Easy to sum up: Game isn't finished.