Vindictus PC

7.0

1. Nov 20, 2010
    The graphics are simple gorgeous. The game play is very reminiscent of Guild Wars, which is not a bad thing. And while they are still implementing all the class types and spells, its an excellent beginning and a real breath of fresh air. Why isn't the Source engine being used for more MMO games, because once you see this eye candy you will find it hard to put up with WOW or otherThe graphics are simple gorgeous. The game play is very reminiscent of Guild Wars, which is not a bad thing. And while they are still implementing all the class types and spells, its an excellent beginning and a real breath of fresh air. Why isn't the Source engine being used for more MMO games, because once you see this eye candy you will find it hard to put up with WOW or other pedestrian graphics.

Worthy of the download.
  2. Nov 6, 2010
    The first thing that should be mentioned is that this is a free-to-play MMO, with micro transactions. This means you can download the game client, install, run, and create any of the currently 3 available characters and jump right into the game. While I won't go too far into detail, I will outline the game itself and let you experience it for yourself.

You are greeted with an opening

You are greeted with an opening cinematic, an in-game tutorial on basic combat controls, another cinematic, and then you are thrown into the hub of the game - the town. Your mini-map at the top right indicates which buildings to visit with a yellow chat-bubble. Once you have talked to NPC's and learned quests to take, its off to the docks! At the docks, you will initially carry out quests on the beginner dock which takes you to The Ruins. Since this is the beginner dock/area, you will not need to pay tokens. Once you reach dock 2 and higher, you will need to gauge yourself wisely. Boat rides to your quest will initially cost 2 Silver tokens, and you start off with 50. Silver tokens are replenished every Monday, Thursday, and Saturday, back to the 50 count. If you haven't seen any gameplay videos already, I suggest you go do so now :)
    Vindictus runs on a version of the Source Engine, which means it has physics and shares some sound effects from Half-Life, an older, popular first-person shooter that used the Source Engine.

The available characters as of this time are as follows:

Lann - The quick, dual-wielding attack-oriented character, suitable for people who like hack-n-slash or getting the job done quickly. He initially uses 2 swords though later on he can acquire spears.

Fiona - The slower, single-weapon + shield using, defense-oriented character, suitable for people who like characters that pack a punch and take a little extra practice to master. She utilizes a broadsword and a shield.

Evie - The moderately-paced spellcaster/"mage". Initially she casts small bursts of wind and a heavy-damaging Firebolt, as well as healing abilities. Later on, you may opt to switch from Staff to Scythe, opening up an entirely different playing style for her. You could compare the Staff abilities to that of White or Red mages from the Final Fantasy series, and the Scythe to Black mages; or perhaps more appropriately you could call her a Death God/Reaper, considering the deathly overtones to her attacks.

Vindictus starts off with a fast-pace, introducing characters and lore in a steady fashion. Once you reach around level 20, questing may start to feel more like grinding, though if you're sociable, you can easily pass time while doing older quests by voice-chatting and, should you be a good samaritan, helping newbies complete their quests while showing off your higher-level abilities. Depending on your internet connection, the game can be either laggy or smooth as butter. It appears that as Party Leader, everyone else connects to your computer in order to synchronize the action going on at everyone else's screens. I have a fairly powerful computer myself and a 15Mbps Cable internet connection and have very low occurrences of lag. There are plenty of factors that come into play, but I recommended befriending people in your party who you can play with without lagging, so that
    1) The game becomes more fun with friends
    2) You have people to trade with or ask for help
    3) If you party with them in the future, you can minimalize the amount of lag you'll have to deal with. This applies to many MMO's really

Overall, Vindictus is more than adequate for a free-to-play game, with updates rolling out frequently and still yet more characters to be unlocked/released. Its an excellent time-killer as well as eye-candy, perfect for those looking for an alternative to the restrictive turn-based or timed-attack MMO's out there.
  3. Nov 26, 2010
    It's good. The graphics are stunning for a free game, and the gameplay delivers. That said, I have a few gripes. First, there's a disconnect between the advertising of this game and the actually play. The ads make it look like a mix between Diablo, WoW, and some game from the horror genre (think Penumbra, Resident Evil, or BioShock), which was exactly what I was looking for. The gameIt's good. The graphics are stunning for a free game, and the gameplay delivers. That said, I have a few gripes. First, there's a disconnect between the advertising of this game and the actually play. The ads make it look like a mix between Diablo, WoW, and some game from the horror genre (think Penumbra, Resident Evil, or BioShock), which was exactly what I was looking for. The game itself is a lot more... cheery. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, it was just unexpected.

The game also uses quite a few character and aesthetic devices common to anime, so if that kind of thing annoys you, the game might not be for you.

All in all, it's one of the better games that I've played in awhile, and one that has kept me entertained for many hours at zero cost. What more can you ask for?
  4. Nov 21, 2010
    I'm a pretty picky guy when it comes to MMO's and have tried a number of them. I always look for new and unique MMO's cause I get tired of the same old thing over and over again. This is the reason that I have not and will not play WoW. Vindictus caught my eye first for looking so damn good, and second cause word of mouth said that this was an action heavy MMO with emphasis on style. WhatI'm a pretty picky guy when it comes to MMO's and have tried a number of them. I always look for new and unique MMO's cause I get tired of the same old thing over and over again. This is the reason that I have not and will not play WoW. Vindictus caught my eye first for looking so damn good, and second cause word of mouth said that this was an action heavy MMO with emphasis on style. What I was excited to hear most, however, was that you were pretty much in control of your character the whole time. No auto-attacking, which I detest in most MMO's (is it really so hard to be able to swing your own sword manually?). Thankfully, Vindictus is not another run of the mill auto-attack MMO. And yes, it is very action heavy. Besides having active combat, it also runs on the Source engine (you know, the same one Half Life 2 ran on), which means there is much of the environment that you can interact with. This means nifty little addictions like being able to pick up rubble and smash your enemy with it I am actually pretty surprised this is free to play, considering how good it looks, how well it plays, and how smooth it runs. There is a limit of content, my only complaint, but hopefully it gets popular and with the popularity comes more content (looks to be that way, too). You can choose between three different standard archetypes: Fiona, the tank with a sword and shield, Lann the quick and agile dual sword wielder, and Evie, the mage. The game also has all the usual trappings. You battle monsters, shop for equipment and items, and level up as usual. However repetitive the game may be though, the action is fun and cool looking enough to make it interesting. And it should be noted that the writing is better than average k-MMO, and the translations are surprisingly sharp. While the game seems a bit shallow in the content department, there are plenty of missions to go on and plenty to collect. The game also does away with typical grinding in favor of mission objects which will keep you wanting to run some missions over again just to get the extra battle points of complete the extra goals. I'm always vary wary of MMO's, especially F2P MMO's. I typically get bored after only a short while due to repetitiveness and clone structuring. Vindictus, however, is a welcome change with active and exciting combat, gorgeous graphics, and a lack of any actual grinding. If you want something a little different, try Vindictus. You just might enjoy it as much as I have. Expand
  5. Nov 27, 2010
    I enjoyed it. Its a great game...but in my mind...it doesnt deserve a 10... it feels like all of the other Nexon games and Age of Chivarly and WoW. I love it... so i gave it a 9... very good game indeed... good graphics...Good Plot...but feels used.
  6. Nov 27, 2010
    The "best" F2P MMO with micro transactions I have ever encountered.

Vindictus has to be Nexons best game so far, I'm a fan (but currently Ex-Player) of their MMOFPS Combat Arms and Vindictus just hit the spot for me. Being 100% free to play was a huge bonus, and the micro transactions are completely reasonable and well structured. The graphics and game mechanics blew my mind for a F2P
    The "best" F2P MMO with micro transactions I have ever encountered.

Being 100% free to play was a huge bonus, and the micro transactions are completely reasonable and well structured. The graphics and game mechanics blew my mind for a F2P and the content was amazing.

First off, being free. Lots of games out there are "free" but very few are FREE. Majority of games that are free tend to have large limitations on content to those who do not pay. Not Vindictus, free players can do everything just the same as those that pay money. However, it may be a little more difficult or take a little more time. Another big thing is that paying players have no extreme advantage, their biggest advantages are sheer aesthetics. That is what I really like about an F2P game.

The graphics are a huge jump into the future. I haven't played many MMORPG's with a graphics system that works this well with the game play. The fact that blood spurts from your enemies in the exact spot you slash them was incredible! The cinematic camera angles that change along with the motion blur and vignette effects in combat all wrap it up into an amazing package. Nexon put the Source engine to perfect use in this game giving the graphics and intense and immersive feel, complimenting the game play and content.

I am a huge fan of the "live" combat system that Vindictus has. I've never liked the whole "auto-attack" deal that lots of other MMORPG's have. The combat system in vindictus allows and requires players to strategize their actions in all situations. Keeping the game interesting and action-y. The ability to pick up and use almost every object in the game, and destroy parts of the environment was a great bonus. Adding depth to the battles and strategy.

Vindictus' content boasts next to no drawbacks to it. The Introduction portion of the game catapults the player into a storyline that refuses to die off throughout the game. Vindictus has the storyline depth and complexity of a single-player game while maintaining the flexibility and sociability of most MMORPG's. Never does one feel "out of the story" their are tons of side stories for a player to take but it isn't overwhelming. MY only complaint about the content is that you play as a "character" instead of the classic "race/gender/class" combo. I truly don't mind having my gender locked, but I'd rather see Rokhed level 22 Berserker instead of Rokhed level 22 Lann. The next 2 characters that Nexon is looking at seem very promising in propelling the game even further.

A disadvantage to the game is the matchmaking method for parties. Instead of the dungeon instance being hosted on Nexon's servers, it is hosted by players, so you might end up with a supper choppy and laggy 5 player dungeon. However, you can avoid this by hosting you own boats and then befriending those who tend to lag less in your boats and party with them.

Overall, Vindictus has everything needed in an MMORPG with the added bonuses of sweet graphics and a F2P environment. The content is clean and understandable while maintaining intense depth that keeps the player wanting more. The few drawbacks it has are absolutely, 100%, negligible as they are, in fact, avoidable by extremely simple means. This is why, in my books, Vindictus deserves a 10 out of 10.

Good Job Nexon, Keep it coming!
  7. Apr 25, 2011
    If more American players were aware of outstanding free-to-play MMOs like Vindictus, it would be the end of subscription-based online play. Vindictus is 100% free, yet it offers content that is so strikingly innovative that you will be left wondering how Nexon can afford to distribute a game of this caliber without requiring micro transactions of some sort. Many F2Ps place theirIf more American players were aware of outstanding free-to-play MMOs like Vindictus, it would be the end of subscription-based online play. Vindictus is 100% free, yet it offers content that is so strikingly innovative that you will be left wondering how Nexon can afford to distribute a game of this caliber without requiring micro transactions of some sort. Many F2Ps place their non-paying gamers at a severe disadvantage, thus defeating the purpose of it being "free" in the first place, but in Vindictus, you have no such limitations. Players can partake in the entire game without ever paying a dime, though if you're like me, you'll be in love with the game to such an extent that dropping $10 on some Nexon points for a sexy inner garment set will actually seem like a bargain. On that point, Vindictus has some wonderful character customization and armoring options, though you are technically altering preset characters. This may seem like a restriction at first, but it also means that a sensible story can be constructed around those characters, and we all know that the weakest part of most MMOs is usually story flow and personality of its "signpost" NPCs. Vindictus feels much more organic, with voiced cutscenes and beautiful zone design to make the world more engrossing and inspiring than any pay-to-play competitor. The combat is equally innovative, with an action-oriented (and extremely violent) real-time system taking the place of standard point-and-click attacks. You can even map the controls to a gamepad for a complete God of War / Bayonetta console feel. If that's not enough, the grappling and ranged weapon attacks add some real strategy, flexibility, and depth to the fighting. Pin large enemies to the ground with spears and chains while teammates attack the weak spots, destroy scaffolding and crates to use the splintered shards of wood as temporary weaponry, and use an enemy's head to bash a hole in a wall before launching his corpse at his unexpecting comrades. You can even exploit traps in the environment to kill ambushing hordes, or destroy the traps to avoid having to navigate them. It's such an interactive combat experience that you will never want to go back to the snail's pace of standard MMO grinding. All dungeons are instances, with the ability to party with friends or other players a la Monster Hunter. Level design is focused and varied. And you won't have to worry about party members "doing their own thing" because of the objective-driven structure of missions, and if partying isn't really your thing, practically all of Vindictus can be completed solo. Environmental effects and weather variations also add to the overall experience. I could keep going, but if you've read this far, you've already wasted time you should've spent downloading this magnificent title. See you online! Expand
  8. Jun 3, 2011
    I've played quite a few MMORPGs, some paid but mostly free-to-play ones. This is the best free MMORPG I have played, and seems to be better than most subscription based ones. The learning curve is quick, the graphics are very impressive, and the combat system is actually fun. There's not too much to do besides run instances to complete quests, but in a way, that makes it great. The gear isI've played quite a few MMORPGs, some paid but mostly free-to-play ones. This is the best free MMORPG I have played, and seems to be better than most subscription based ones. The learning curve is quick, the graphics are very impressive, and the combat system is actually fun. There's not too much to do besides run instances to complete quests, but in a way, that makes it great. The gear is all crafted, so no need to worry about fighting over drops while in an instance.

One thing I REALLY love: each instance is short, under 15 minutes usually. Some can be ran in 5 minutes or so.

The only flaws I've noticed is the fact that you have to run one quest over and over about 4 times until you can access the next quest in the series. This doesn't happen too often, but certainly can be annoying. I think many of the bosses are too easy, also. But then again, I'm only level 30 :P
  9. Aug 11, 2012
    Great game. Looks great for an online mmo. There's occasional bugs but they seem to be fixed fairly quickly. The fanbase is pretty good size but you run into the same people if your not playing with friends. This game's been out long enough they've worked out most of the kinks and manage to keep adding stuff. It uses the steam engine, although heavily modified.

A few quirks.

A few quirks. One is that except for in town and the large 16-24 person raids, they're hosted on the user's (host) computer. They've done a good job at dealing with a variety of connections. That said if you're going to host a party you must have a good internet connection (no wireless!). Another is the characters. Most are fairly balanced, until they added Kai which is what everyone is going now. Most overpowered class in the game. Kai's have ridiculous power attacks for bosses and are all around versatile whereas the previous classes all had their weaknesses.

Other than that the game is a blast with friends. Unlike other mmos you have a direct involvement on how your character moves and later on 50+ lvl you need to have some skill in movement and attacks to survive. Not to difficult to level up but not exactly a piece of cake either.
  10. Mar 26, 2015
    Vindictus does not get everything right but what it gets extremely right is that it is fun to play. Lots of games look good, feel good and perform good but forget to put the fun in. Vindictus is incredibly fun to play. The combat system is a gas. I have played both the Evie and Karok characters. My favorite so far is Karok. What I like about it is how aggressive I can be with thisVindictus does not get everything right but what it gets extremely right is that it is fun to play. Lots of games look good, feel good and perform good but forget to put the fun in. Vindictus is incredibly fun to play. The combat system is a gas. I have played both the Evie and Karok characters. My favorite so far is Karok. What I like about it is how aggressive I can be with this character and how simple and easy it is to control. The attack combos are launched via a sequence of mouse clicks. That may sound difficult and limiting but it is NOT. It is easy and there are so many combos that can be launched. My favorite is Mammoth Swing. Give this game a try. It is free to play and of course that means you will pay for things in-game, but you can easily play to level 40 without spending a penny. Have fun! Expand
  11. May 21, 2012
    one of the best F2P game out there. Using the source engine, the game looks very good on max settings, and even better if you know how to tweak it with nvidiainspector. The combat is very arcade feel, instead of pressing 1-10 and repeat like other mmos, such as Tera or DN, you have to chain skills. But Nexon NA is horrible, does not prevent hackers/botters, so the economy is just crap atm.
  12. Jun 17, 2012
    This game is great and is a improvement for MMORPG. The story is interesting when I read it on wikia, lol. The game is difficult for me when i'm level 6x and my teammates blamed me. People are just care about their money and make things so expensive. I'm too lazy to collect material for better equipment and i was too lazy to level up; and i quitted.
  13. Nov 25, 2012
    Ruined by the typical Free to Play userbase and the greedy Korean-MMORPG-in-game-shop shenanigans, this game still manages to be one of the best online games I have ever played. This is mostly because this game takes the bad part of MMORPGS, farming, and makes it actually fun, since it's not an rpg but a Hack and Slash kind of game. The graphics are awesome and they really put effort intoRuined by the typical Free to Play userbase and the greedy Korean-MMORPG-in-game-shop shenanigans, this game still manages to be one of the best online games I have ever played. This is mostly because this game takes the bad part of MMORPGS, farming, and makes it actually fun, since it's not an rpg but a Hack and Slash kind of game. The graphics are awesome and they really put effort into doing the animations. The game potentially puts you in the position of being able to beat bosses that require a numerous party ALONE, and by doing what? Farming for the best gear? No sir, by mastering the game with SKILLS. Can you believe it? Also, these guys certainly know what they're doing, they used the Source Engine to allow for awesome physics. That's right, this game is World of Warcraft meets Monster Hunter and Devil May Cry, running on Team Fortress 2's engine and in which you can use almost all of the objects you see and use them to bash enemies almost like in Dead Rising, it has a nordic-reminiscent setting with anime characters. It has actually well written dialogues that manage to go a little beyond the excuse plot trope (though there still are stupidities such as NPCs asking you for petty things in such times of war and crisis), and its economy is actually well-organized, being almost completely handled with the user marketplace and at the same time always trying to keep the rich farming kind of users a bit at bay by making you spend money on seemingly annoying things such as periodically repairing armors, setting up auctions and fast travelling, but everything ultimately serves to balance the game. This game deserves respect for many, many reasons, don't be discouraged by the people playing it, the F2P anime game stereotype or by the typically money sucking in-game shop, it speeds things up but it's definitely not of the Pay to Win kind. Props to the Vindictus EU team for holding so many events and for the very fast update pace, even if we had to wait years for the game. Expand
  14. Jun 14, 2012
    This game does deserve your attention; beautiful graphics and fast paced action makes it a really fun game. For it to be at its best, you need to play with friends (alone it gets pretty boring pretty fast) and give it some time. Leveling up is kind of long and sometimes you end up doing the same quest three times in order to get what you wanted. Being free, I think it's the best of itsThis game does deserve your attention; beautiful graphics and fast paced action makes it a really fun game. For it to be at its best, you need to play with friends (alone it gets pretty boring pretty fast) and give it some time. Leveling up is kind of long and sometimes you end up doing the same quest three times in order to get what you wanted. Being free, I think it's the best of its genre around. Expand
  15. Aug 10, 2012
    I rather enjoy this game. I love the style, and fighting is always interesting. The only thing I really have against it is that I've crashed it a few times, without doing anything to provoke it. This naturally caused issues between my end and the server. But, It all seems to have gotten worked out, I think. Hopefully, it won't happen on Steam, now that it's there.
  16. Aug 27, 2012
    I was of course totally skeptical while downlaoding this " free-to-play MMO" , as most of the games in this genre that begin as " free-to-play " seem to start off that way for good reason. Man, was I in for a shock. So I'm not much for intros and usually I will skip right to the gameplay but as for Vindictus I found myself immediately captivated by the graphics and well edited beginningI was of course totally skeptical while downlaoding this " free-to-play MMO" , as most of the games in this genre that begin as " free-to-play " seem to start off that way for good reason. Man, was I in for a shock. So I'm not much for intros and usually I will skip right to the gameplay but as for Vindictus I found myself immediately captivated by the graphics and well edited beginning cutscenes which introduce the "rookie" hero I chose from 5 or so classes , as well as the introduction of a gorgeous blonde oracle-girl who is trying to save a giant spider that has gone beserk, by protesting to the town militia to prevent them from slaying the creature. The intro is playable and is short enough to be interesting. I was amazed how great the Source Engine looks after all the years since Half-life 2. My laptop has 2 gigs of video memory and is in all cases well-equipped for games. It runs Vindictus beautifully. After contending with the giant spider and saving the blone girl's life the game starts you off in town where you will accept quests before heading out to the dock to begin them. Right from the get-go you will recieve cool gear upgrades and learn from a very intuitive tutorial which teaches all the game's basics. I couldn't help but notice the many different and detailed armor and weapon pieces worn by players levels above me. The art I noticed in the characters' armor and weapon design is simply stunning and extremely intricate. The animation is polished and smooth. The voice acting is more than acceptable and the combat is amazingly fluid and fun. After gaining just a few levels I felt impressed to write a quick review because I quite honestly have never seen a free-to-play game so well crafted. Not ever. A true action-based MMORPG is a great idea and has been expertly executed in Vindictus. Do yourself a favor and give it a play. Expand
  17. Sep 29, 2012
    i do not need to re-word my post but ill simply say that i agree with pretty much all who rated 8+. Thers a negative rating here however id like to point out that the game has gone thru lots of updates n crap... that review was also 2 years ago =

Great game! and season 2 is just around the corner! :D
  18. Jan 28, 2013
    This game, while fun and visually pleasing, can become a bit tedious at times. It would have earned itself a 9, if not for Nexon's greedy money-squeezing tactics.
  19. Jul 28, 2014
    You can read all reviews here but I am just gonna tell you it's a good game. I played many games since 2010 and this is still the only game I keep playing.
  20. Aug 14, 2013
    Amazing content and gameplay, skill is a major factor and adding one of the best graphics out makes Vindictus truly one of the best Free to play MMO's in the market. However, a terrible company and management system downplays the North American server's potential.
  21. Dec 8, 2013
    Vindictus is a game type that i thoroughly enjoy. I used to play Rakion, which was the original game using this style of gameplay and it was probably my favorite game ever until they implemented the cash store which skewed the level of gameplay too far. Vindictus is a much different game although the same playstyle as Rakion. If you can get past the clunky UI and graphics, the game isVindictus is a game type that i thoroughly enjoy. I used to play Rakion, which was the original game using this style of gameplay and it was probably my favorite game ever until they implemented the cash store which skewed the level of gameplay too far. Vindictus is a much different game although the same playstyle as Rakion. If you can get past the clunky UI and graphics, the game is quite good and immersive. At first it can be an ultimate turn off but once you learn the mechanics I think you will enjoy it. Good luck! Expand
  22. Feb 13, 2014
    Uses the source engine (same as Half Life 2, counter strike source, etc) so pretty graphics and physics effects. The only real time action game F2P game on the market that is this fast. Tera Online is real time but not as fast. A Highly skill based game since you can't tank to win, you must learn to dodge or be dead. The starting area is pretty dead because you can level quickly in thisUses the source engine (same as Half Life 2, counter strike source, etc) so pretty graphics and physics effects. The only real time action game F2P game on the market that is this fast. Tera Online is real time but not as fast. A Highly skill based game since you can't tank to win, you must learn to dodge or be dead. The starting area is pretty dead because you can level quickly in this game, it is definitely a recommend. Expand
  23. Jun 27, 2014
    This game is simply amazing!!! The graphics are beautiful and the combat is SO fast paced! I love following the story line and getting XP To advance! It is fun to play and even more fun to play with friends! The only downside is that mostly all players are Level 80 So "Colhen" is full of traders. This game is so good that it should be sold like a real game! E.g Call of duty Ghosts ,This game is simply amazing!!! The graphics are beautiful and the combat is SO fast paced! I love following the story line and getting XP To advance! It is fun to play and even more fun to play with friends! The only downside is that mostly all players are Level 80 So "Colhen" is full of traders. This game is so good that it should be sold like a real game! E.g Call of duty Ghosts , Assassins creed 4. I would HIGHLY recommend this game if you like fast paced action. Pick up to 8 characters! Expand
  24. Jun 11, 2014
    (Nexon EU)
    (Nexon EU)
    The game got lagless physical collisions by making those client side. You can fish together by throwing hooks at big fish, pull around monsters with all kinds of tools and get an extra drop when you for example hit a vampire boss with your spear. There are traps. Cash items are almost only visual / for upping exp gain and for carrying more items, if nothing changed after these 3 years.
    Got innocently banned 3 years ago. You have to provide a lot of proof that you didn't cheat, but I never thought a Korean company would ever unban me.
  25. Jul 16, 2015
    To make it simple, play it :). Its a MMOFPS oriented in retroaction in figth. You can't just figth upfront the boss like in world ofm warcraft or any other rpg, you need to actualy evade the boss attack, mouve arond it and hit it. on its weak spot... if there are. tired of flying dragons? concentratre your team force on his wing, to cut it off. You want to charge the enemy up front...To make it simple, play it :). Its a MMOFPS oriented in retroaction in figth. You can't just figth upfront the boss like in world ofm warcraft or any other rpg, you need to actualy evade the boss attack, mouve arond it and hit it. on its weak spot... if there are. tired of flying dragons? concentratre your team force on his wing, to cut it off. You want to charge the enemy up front... sure... go ahead... but he will surely repell you on the wall and crush you in a painful deaf... unless you are stonger.... in that casse, your the one crushing the enemy to the floor . Your also able to grab objects and enemy, break them and trow them on the batlefield. Be carful to not be eathen by a boss, unless your strong enouf to rip his belly apart to get out of it.The story is 100% epic of the mabinogie series., the graphic are cool and worty. Its also free... You just need a good pc to run it, if you want the full spect that is wonderful. There is also cut seen in it. I played this game since its out... and i can't be tired of it. But chos you first class well, because its a long journey to get to max level. the game creaters group isvery active and you can see some gm time to time in game, that are looking for bugs and glitchs to fix ... or is it for more fun :). just play it, its worty of your time :) Expand
  26. Oct 20, 2015
    Really fun game 10/10. I like how it has lots of options and how you can pick up items like barrels, or boxes to throw at the enemy. I just think it's an overall good game.
  27. Apr 23, 2016
    Vindictus is a game that gets no justice, A burden unsurprising for a character action game, which are infamous as a genre consistently failing to capture mainstream attention. People come to Vindictus expecting something it never claimed to be, and the feedback as a result is poor. These people seem to come to the game looking for a standard MMO experience (something never advertised orVindictus is a game that gets no justice, A burden unsurprising for a character action game, which are infamous as a genre consistently failing to capture mainstream attention. People come to Vindictus expecting something it never claimed to be, and the feedback as a result is poor. These people seem to come to the game looking for a standard MMO experience (something never advertised or implied) and get upset when they do not receive it. If you want to spend hours crossing a vast wasteland full of aggressive monsters who can only hit you if they pass a random number check, do not play this game, and certainly do not review it when youre done and complain about things it never set out to do. Vindictus is an online character action game, you do not play classes, you play characters, you do not tab target, you aim, you do not use dps rotations, you adapt your attacks to the situation. If you like bayonetta, god of war, or devil may cry, do indeed try this game, but if you like WoW, Runescape, or Guild Wars, and you cannot accept a game doing something different, do not play this, and do not review this

For those who do want an online character action experience, Youll find no better, often youll see people claiming the game has no variety, but an honest person could tell you that each area of the game takes up maybe an hour an hour or two of your time, before giving you a new place to play in. You do revisit older areas, but only in theme, For example, there are two areas to the ruins, one with 9 levels to complete (where you slowly progress through the ruins) and one, which comes later in the game, which has 8 levels. There is additional time you return to a similar area, but is not technically related, which holds another 9, in these cases, enemies are changed, traps are changed, new areas are added, and no boss is repeated. Even in the case of the first area of the game, when the area boss returns as a raid, he has a different moveset to freshen things up. Despite the seldom reuse of these areas in the game, people will tell you the game lacks variety, I have to wonder if those same people would spend the same three hours in another MMO's forest ruins environment, only instead of fighting new enemies in each level, they are just grinding the same things. Variety in Vindictus, like any other character action game, is less about visuals, and more about mechanics, People can complain all they want that gnolls, despite being in a war with you, show up too often at the start of the game, but only if the gnolls fail to ever shake things up, which they certainly do.

Some people also claim the game is grindy, which is flat out untrue, The game is not designed for you to gain experience from killing mobs, it goes out of its way to encourage players to do quests for exp, but since again, these players are coming in expecting the typical MMO, they decide to grind instead, and dismiss the game as a result before going off to tell people who grindy it is. I have one of every single character released to date, which means Ive leveled 9 characters, so I feel its safe to trust me when I tell you that you can reach the soft level cap in a couple weeks of playing casually, level 30 (of 90) is achieved in just an hour or two for most people, and there are frequent contests with new characters to max out their level, which people complete in a matter of days.

A final clarification I feel the need to make is on the idea of "pay to win", people have this reflexive (and unfounded) attitude that if any game is published by nexon, no matter what, its pay to win. This is baffling because as I recall there were only ever two games from them that had such problems, and those problems were eventually removed. In the case of vindictus, pay to win is impossible. The game is largely PvE, and only one of the 4 pvp modes could be affected by your gear, so the idea is silly to begin with. Anyone who claims the game is pay to win is simply ignorant, they do not understand how the pvp works, they do not understand how the pve works, they do not understand how stats work, and they do not understand how cash items work. Yes, you are able to buy costumes for 30 dollars a piece which will give you stats, but in addition to the stats being negligible, there are free sets for you to acquire, none of that really matters though because stats mean nothing in Vindictus and I prove that every day I play.

1. CD-Action
    Jan 19, 2012
    You might like this game for its detailed characters, over the top weapons and combat animations worthy of a Japanese action game. Unfortunately all the advantages are buried under thick layer of typical hack'n'slash routine. [February 2012, p.59]
  2. Nov 21, 2011
    Your long-term attachment to the game will also be determined by how much of an experience grind you're prepared to undertake (combined with your attitude towards impermanent purchases), and whether the hack-and-slash combat against somewhat repetitive character models is a meaty enough adventure to keep you satisfied.
  3. Jan 26, 2011
    High production values and original gameplay combine to make Vindictus one of the most interesting MMOGs to launch in several years.