5.7

1. Apr 2, 2014
    I really did want to love this game, ever from the trailers being released, but I was left unfulfilled with this title. This game as you already know is a team-based "FPS"-styled game themed on Medieval England. You can unlock new weapons and armor through an XP system, XP is earned by killing and winning games online. Graphically, the game does a good job by using the Unreal engine. Controls are tight and do well as they should. Players are plentiful, so finding a game in progress is no problem.

Unfortunately, the one thing that really lets this title down is the balance issue when it comes to them frigging horses.

It's not unusual to get into a server where the opposition spams with horses. It is fairly obvious that these should be limited to x amount per team. A recent game that manages to pull this off successfully is Natural Selection 2, where the more powerful items appear near the end game.

There is a "tutorial" system which was fine until it bugged out for me half way through.

Online there is always the question, "Chivalry or War of the Roses" ? - I dont really care for the question, but what WOTR does very well is with archery. It feels great to get a hit in and there is a sense of instant gratification. Ahhhh! If you prefer to stick swords into the enemy- WITHOUT being annoyed by horses, then I'd lean more towards Chivalry.

Pros

+ Good, well tested Unreal engine

+ Archery

+ XP system

+ Horses (if you know how to use them)

Cons

- Balance Issues

- Horses (Unbalanced)

- Hitting with swords feels a little disconnected
  2. Mar 9, 2014
    Brilliant. Fat Shark announced a new anti cheat system. No ETA, No bans of existing hackers resulting in the game now being unplayable without hacks as all those people that purchased hacks want to make the most of it. Glad I paid for a game that is unplayable. This company made a game that should have sold itself and then somehow still screwed it up. It is a disaster. A great game made uttertly unplayable by hacking and the inactivity of the developer. Why they bothered with a beta I dont know as the exploits from beta are all still there. These days most hackers dont even bother with subtetly.

What to expect. A beautiful game with great locations and a nice feel to the weapons on offer. A great array of weapons.

Spamming the same weapon all day long. 2H sword point dragging works well (Also meant to have been fixed patches ago but still there) Being forced to go archer because you have at least a chance of hitting a hacker with it occasionally even with speed increases. Going bald because your spending your time scratching your head wondering just why the hell someone would release a game like this and allow the hackers to ruin it while doing nothing about it. One assumes this game cost money to make but it feels abandoned .

People in heavy armour with heavy weapons speed hacking so they are faster than an olympic sprinter in his underwear.

Blocks which do not block because of an exploit that allows you to avoid blocks.

Archers using the horse dismount exploit to enter the map scenery usually inaccessible and firing out with impunity.

and too many other hacks and exploits to list most of which have been there since launch.

I have persevered with this game since launch but this game is too broken to be fixed by this developer. They were lazy in testing, created another game which also doesnt work instead and is actually a terrible game even without the hacking and now they are just discussing putting in an anti cheat system which might work but no timeline.

Avoid anything from this company like the plague. One of the very few (only) companies which make EA look customer focused.

Waiting for a long long time before you can actually play the game. Until the anti cheat patch there is no point logging in as everyone that purchased hacks is trying to get value for money before the mythical anti cheat release.

On a server without hacking and exploiting (you find one perhaps once every couple of weeks) the game is a joy to play. It isnt perfect at all but it is satisfying addictive and fun with very detailed combat mechanics which mean that combat is more than just clicking furiously. Combat involves many choices and options when all things are equal. Do not expect realism but a great game with combat that feels like your level of skill and timing matters. This may or may not be possible again for the foreseeable future while they dither and blunder around wondering what to do about hacking and at present things will get worse before they get better.
  3. Feb 26, 2014
    A very solid medieval brawler that unfortunately gets bulldozered by pay-2-win elements (real money for in-game gold), constant and game-breaking design choices (handgonnes, 99% armor penetration on blunt weapons, fire arrows, faceroll halberds). I could bring up on how the game fights any and all kinds of modding or how they're dilluting the game into the call of duty mindset but that would just be beating a dead horse at this point. Expand
  4. Feb 24, 2014
    The game offers pretty great ambiance and sound, but the combat system is sketchy at best. While playing the archer can be fun if you have 7 or 8 buddies acting as axe fodder preventing other players from zerging your position, the hand to hand is abysmal. The execution animations are dull, and seem almost out of place with the fast paced combat. To top it off, the squad spawning causes the game to devolve into an arm cocked zerging of the closest players to the squad leaders. It's free to play on Steam as of this writing, so I recommend checking it out for the sake of novelty. But I do not recommend buying the game at this time. Expand
  5. Jan 24, 2014
    This game is a multiplayer only, medieval third person action game set in 15th century England. For many of you, if you see this game on steam, this might look quite appealing. Unfortunately it is a huge waste of 10 GB and the graphics are fuzzy and not as I would have hoped. The actual playing is decent, but the frame rate goes at a dismal 10-40 FPS. It is really impossible to play unless you have patience. Anyway, save the 10 GB, don't get this game. Plus this game is infested with horrible bugs Expand
  6. Dec 30, 2013
    I am a veteran chiv:medieval warfare player with 700 hours. War of roses is definately slower paced. The hit boxes in this game are pretty solid, minus some of the broken weapons. Guys complaining about the 2h swords don't know the basic mechanics otherwise they would be saying the pitchfork is massively OP as the hit boxes on it are so broken (it just hits everything including the handle). Heavy armor can be ONE shot with a warhammer. So armor choices basically let you know what weapons will give you trouble.

The real trouble lies in no auto-balance, respawn timers that are shorter for lancaster than for york (clear advantage when lancaster can spawn 3 times for yorks 1), hackers (easy to spot, except for archers), and the fact that most capture the point maps are also setup to make it easier for the lancaster side, and a solid grind with a lack of content. With all this negative I still enjoy taking heads off or winning a 5v1(easy to do if u know how to dance and face hug enemies to make them hit you with the weapon handle instead of the sharp part).

All in all this game is a lot of fun once you find a custom load out you rape face with. Plus the graphics are F**king amazing. Flaming arrows and guns anyone?
  7. Dec 4, 2013
    Where to start why NOT to play this game. I think the two most important things are AIM BOTS and PAY2WIN.

AIM BOTS... Well, how about a player standing at the other side of the map, you can't even see him at all and he 1-shots you with a perfect headshot over and over again. Kinda lame that there's always cheaters in games like these just for the e-peen charts :(

PAY2WIN... As it
    says. Drop real money in the game to get in-game money and buy weapons & upgrades. Without those you close to have no chance to win a battle in this game.

Then there's also the animations and combat.
    Combat feels slow, but that's how it should be you can't easily swing huge 2-handed sword in a matter of a second. But it's the mechanics around the slow combat system makes combat weird. You can't really aim very well how you want to hit and you just have to hope for the best results.
    And animations, well, they are kinda choppy. It feels like the animations are still in development and only the rough sketches of them were released.
  8. Nov 15, 2013
    I purchased this thinking it would be similar to Mount & Blade, a game I love, but it isn't.

It's basically a fast paced FPS in medieval times. Claustrophobic maps. Scripted A. I. Constant respawning. Horrible bows. Worthless combat. Crappy settings. Not at all fun.

This is probably the worst game I have ever purchased. Yet again I have to remind myself to read reviews before I buy a
    game. *sigh* Silly me.

I return to Mount & Blade (heavily modded....).
  9. Nov 2, 2013
    This is a great game, but not for the faint of heart. It's hard. Really hard. That's because it simulates the combat so well. It's definitely frustrating at times, but once you know what you're doing it's a very satisfying experience. Every knockdown feels so good, because it was hard earned and won with cunning, not button-mashing.

A lot has changed since this game debuted, early on
    there were no tutorials, which made the learning curve even steeper if you didn't have a friend who could help you out with it. There were a lot of balancing issues some weapons were overly powerful, bleed was a lot more annoying (although it still sucks, it doesn't happen quite as easily now). Both bleed and squad spawning are pretty annoying mechanics, but without squad spawning it would be annoying to have to traverse the map all the time.

If you're new to the game, the best piece of advice I can give is to put $5 into your steam wallet and spend it on coins. Coins can be earned through xp, but it's very slow and while the game isn't really pay-to-win it will become a lot more enjoyable once you have some custom loadout slots and your own weapon and armor choices.

As long as the servers stay full, I have no problem with this game receiving tepid or even bad reviews. I understand where you're coming from, but I think most probably played it in beta and did not really give it a chance to shine.
  10. Oct 20, 2013
    Terrible game, you will probably be kicked from a server for killing someone, hits don't count half the time. Floaty, spammy combat. Griding for new classes. All around boring game. Don't waste money on it.
  11. Oct 19, 2013
    The game already happening limit stick, now that he is free to play and I've paid for it, I have a lil taste of in my mouth when I think (I'm totally scammed me) Personally, I would not advice for several reasons. The game is not terribly fluid and lagg and camera shots in the third person is more than doubtful. So even free, I will not play more and i have paid for that!

I want my
    money back! Serious Expand
  12. Oct 2, 2013
    It looks beautiful, it sounds that way, too. Who doesn't want to swing a sword? Well, not in this game, because swords are actually peasant weapon here. Just farm through your pathetic free frag season, equip plate armour and warhammer/crossbow to even have a chance versus other plate+warhammer players. The melee combat is a mess, an absolute clusterf***, not explained and even if you finally know what's what, it simply doesn't work as it should. I guess that a clusterf*** defines a "refined" novadays, but don't get fooled there's not a single thing that's "refined" here.
    It's a good spamhammer simulator, though.
  13. Sep 26, 2013
    There's a good game here somewhere, perhaps best found in a single-player campaign a la Mount & Blade. WotR is poorly balanced and not very fun. In typical MP style new players are given a target to run around in and left to die 50 times before they can unlock something that can stand up to enemy players. Has a very poor tutorial that explained nothing. Combat is unresponsive, frustrating and clunky, matches are annoying, basically capture the flag with knights. Expand
  14. Sep 24, 2013
    Strangely, this game is extremely unbalanced. and completely un-policed against hacking. Strange because official servers claim "ANTI-CHEAT: ON"

Avoid this game as it is a micro-transaction black-hole rivaling the best scams of EA.
  15. Sep 19, 2013
    The game is massively unbalanced; One large example would be that the first class that is unlocked when you start the game does extremely minimal to no damage to two of the other classes. Once the other classes are unlocked the game basically becomes a "Who can insta-kill the other other first", which I personally don't find fun. The graphics are decent, but the game suffers from poor optimization. Like any free game, if you think you might like the game try it out for yourself, but many will be disappointed in doing so. Expand
  16. Sep 18, 2013
    This game is a wasted potential. It looks fun at first, but the more you play the more you become aware of its issues. The biggest flaw with this game is weapon balance. There is a huge variety of weapons yet you're limited to 3 main weapons and 2-3 sidearms. Even the community is getting angry at devs not being willing to reduce strength of certain weapons that dominate the game. Those weapons either are both fast and strong or just have broken hitbox that you can't really avoid, since you will get hit by part of the weapon that's invisible.
    Melee combat is never trying to properly punish people who spam their attacks since the weapon's speed will always put you back in advantage over enemy, even if you get hit, so perhaps if you block once or twice that's enough. Feinting doesn't help either since your enemy will ignore it and just spam attacks mindlessly.
    One of the specially annoying things are shield bashes that stun you for a brief moment so the enemy always gets a hit on you, but that wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't for the fact you can do that all the time without any sort of cool down. The only way you can counter it is if you're out of enemy's reach, but then if he notices that, he can do 180 degree turn and slide away from you.

Arrows are broken in this game as well. 1 arrow type becomes part of metagame due to its versatility. In the past that was swallow tail, which would penetrate every type of armor without any problem. That makes me wonder what armor piercing arrows are meant for. If you take certain type of arrows they should excel in the combat aspect they are meant for and lack in other aspects. That was meant to be fixed in latest patch, but it just made the early mentioned type of arrows replaced by a new one that does almost exact same thing.

Game is lacking in game modes. Mostly it's team deathmatch or conquest (along with those there are assault and pitched battle that are almost never played). Team deathmatch is mindless killing without any tactics. Conquest is slightly better, but the fact the teams have to advance one flag at the time is really stupid. You end up fighting for the flag in the middle so there's barely any flanking or anything since enemy knows where to expect you. Lets also not forget about the fact that devs don't want to include duel mode, while duels are actually quite enjoyable.

Reviving and execution mechanic is pretty irritating and while you could say you can avoid it and not suffer irritation, you will always need money as a beginner and that's the biggest income of gold for you. When you get good at the game you can avoid that and get just as much gold as the newbies who stop to revive or execute. I don't really see any other reason to revive teammate or execute enemy since you risk your life by doing so and it's not even properly rewarded.

Oh, yes. I almost forgot to mention that the game has almost no protection against cheaters, so you will run into many people who will be speedhacking and some of them will be very subtle about it. The only way to deal with it is to make sure that the person is a cheater and vote kick him. However just getting his ID to kick him and write it all down is a painful process, so most of the time you will be like, "Ahh, it!" and will leave the match.

Only positive thing I can think of is that devs release new content in their patches instead of making it a DLC. However game has a system where you buy coins with real money. Luckily most of the things are fairly cheap so you can obtain your imbalanced weapons just by playing 2-3 matches.

Game could be fairly fun if it gets properly balanced, but since it's been so long without any proper balance update I'm afraid it will stay like this.

Buy only if discounted and if you're okay with spending some money for a couple of hours of fun.
  17. Sep 14, 2013
    Rated 0 for a game that isn't worth your money and time at all for the following reasons: 1. Pay to win. 2. Horrible balance in weapons & armour, only very few weapons and customisations are viable 3. Poor community (for a multiplayer game), inactive forums, foul mouthed players ingame. Even Dota 2's community is better and its a F2P without Pay To Win. 4. Poor game development direction and track record (read their forums) You need about 20USD to buy the gears (after grinding up the levels to unlock them) to gain a level playing field. With the 4 stock classes available, with the exception of the Foot Knight, you will be mercilessly massacred non-stop by players with OP weapons, which means you can't help your team win, meaning you level very slowly and painfully and have no equipment. The current state of the game 1.8 is highly unbalanced and the development direction isn't good. Multi player consists of: 1. Ninjas in cloth armour and overpowered weapons running around, dodging hits and 1-hitting people 2. Players using overpowered weapons (Pollaxe, Long Axe, Warhammer) in Medium/Heavy armour killing everything in 1 2 hits. 3. Snipers with Crossbows sniping with high precision across the battlefield. Simply try the F2P version if you want to see how bad it is. Forget about trying anything "historical". They don't work. List of useless game features (or why the game is terrible): 1. Heavy Armour Blunt weapons ignore armour. The 2 OP weapons commonly used are Pollaxe (Foot Knight stock class has it) and Warhammer. No knight in shining armour for you. 2. Any Medium/Heavy Helmet other than Bascinet Pollaxe 1-hit kills if it hits your head regardless of Helmet type. The neck attachments to the helmets DO NOT WORK (Bevors, Mail Coif) but they still slow your character down. Bascinet is the only viable competitive helmet because of its protection to weight ratio as well as the vision restriction. The lack of neck protection also means that people can simply use a faster weapon and spam an attack to your head repeatedly hoping for a lucky hit to your neck (which happens rather frequently). 3a. Any sword that isn't Imperial Style, Hollow Grind, Balanced These settings increases the damage of your weapon, penetration against heavy armour and swing speed. The majority of your opponents online wear Medium to Heavy Armour. Without Hollow Grind (which gives armour penetration buff), your sword is useless. b. That being said, majority of the swords are useless because they either don't attack fast enough, or don't deal enough damage. c. You will notice an option to pick Common Style, Imperial Style or Milanese Style of fighting with any weapon. Anything except from Imperial style, is non-competitive. You're welcome to try and frustrate yourself. 4. Bows They take time to charge up, can only hold maximum charge for a few seconds and are difficult to shoot with. Compare this with Crossbows which can be reloaded within 4 seconds with pin point sniper accuracy and potential 1-hit headshot kills. Again, this requires you to buy all the correct unlocks. 5. Perks Majority of the perks are uncompetitive and useless. You will only use some perks for the entire time because they are the ONLY VIABLE perks. This reduces the "options" by about 75% 6. Majority of other weapons No matter what weapon combination you pick, if you go up against players using Medium/Heavy Armour Warhammer you will not win. Even if you're mastered the game by training in duelling scenarios non-stop, your team mates will not be as good as you and the players using OP weapons know this. They will kill them and they will drop like flies. Then you will be mobbed by a party, beaten to death and your corpse teabagged. Some players may say, use a Shield! Guess what? All axes in this game deals extra damage to shield (breaks them faster). Add an Offensive Perk called Shield Breaker, add Imperial Style (Extra Damage) and Convex blade (Extra Damage) your shield goes down in 2 fully charged hits. If he is a competent cloth ninja with long axe, good luck trying to hit him with anything shorter than the long axe. === === The Good Bits === === If you've read all that, you're undeterred you still want to play the game... Here's what's good about the game. (Aside from all the technical problems as well) 1. Combat system is fundamentally sound If no OP customisations are used, a fight goes down to skill and very little luck. There is also a significant difference between winning duels (1v1) and winning battles (Group Fighting & Objective Game Modes). 2. Armour Customisations They are quite nice, if you're willing to accept massive penalties to performing well in game. 3. Graphics It's pretty good looking. Expand
  18. Sep 12, 2013
    Oh dear god, where to begin? At first glance War of the Roses looks attractive. When I first started up the game I had the expectation that I would be experiencing some fun game play, sword fighting with other players from across the world and upgrading my character etc. Now I have a pretty good PC, i can run the new Tomb Raider on High settings but War of the Roses barely runs properly on medium! In fact in only runs smoothly on low! And even then there is pop-up and some damn bad textures. There is so little to do in this game, there is no single player and the maps are frankly rubbish! Everything about the game play is boring and sluggish, you move at a snails pace, your character is awkward to look at and control and the sword fighting... it seems like a great idea, allowing you to swing your sword in different directions and give yourself more control but it is executed SO badly! It takes a depressing amount of time and effort to land a single blow on an enemy. Also you will find that it is hard to tell who is your enemy and who isn't since there is no indication as to who your enemy is, you just have to look for whoever is trying to kill you. I could go on for ages about how bad this game is. Usually when I see users rating a game a low score I assume the user is just being too harsh but this is NOT the case with this game, don't be tempted by any positive reviews, this game is BAD! I'm just glad I got it in the humble origin deal for a low price otherwise I would be fuming by now. Avoid like AIDS. Expand
  19. Sep 7, 2013
    Ok, where do I start? For starters, the swinging system feels backwards. Swinging the mouse to the right makes you swing left, and vise versa. The archery, while seemingly sophisticated, is too complicated for serious use. The game requires you to reach level 20 to make your own classes. Until then, you are stuck with classes that are objectively inferior to these created classes, causing you to get your butt handed to you over and over again and destroying any sense of enjoyment until level 20. The spawn and revival systems feel incredibly wonky and confusing, as well. But the worst part of the game, by far, is the campaign missions. You run into glitch after glitch after glitch, in which either your kills aren't registered, the AI has snipers for archers, or you just die on the spot for no reason. In these cases, you don't even get a death animation, you are just sent back to your spawn point. The AI is constantly stealing your kills, yet never has your back when you need them the most. The campaign is definitely the worst aspect. Even disregarding the campaign, this game feels broken and only half finished. I honestly cannot name a single positive thing about this game. If you are looking for a medieval combat game, I would instead recommend Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. Expand
  20. Sep 7, 2013
    I played Chivalry before this and found it fun, but buggy and not worth the price tag for what still felt like a mod. Fast forward to now, I decided to try War of the Roses what a mistake. This game is full of people who have spent far too much time unlocking skins and weapon upgrades so you basically have no chance. Most of the players in the game kill you no matter what you do. I've tried all the tactics, faking attacks, parrying enemy attacks, it's just so badly done. The hitboxes are small and random, so you can't reliably hit someone just because your mace or sword just hit them. The third person perspective sucks for immersion and makes it hard to aim given the game has such small hitboxes. I unlocked plate armor and thought I'd try it assuming I'd be much harder to kill NOPE. Plate armor is useless, the latest patch must have rebalanced because people fussed about plate armor being OP. Now I get murdered by guys with swords and axes with my visor down. Somehow slashing a guy in plate armor just murders him.

The realism in this game is just totally missing. No stamina, so that means everyone just spams attacks. There's no real different feel between the armor types they just look different. Honestly this game makes me think of Call of Duty far more than Chivalry did. This has ranks, crests which are like the banner thing in CoD (I have no idea what it's called anymore), ridiculous things that look stupid (Big antlers on a guy's head, really authentic there), and ridiculous skins for some of the armors and unlockable weapons. Chivalry had unlockable weapons, but at least required a player to be really good with them to get the better ones and didn't have terrible ones for starter weapons. It's hard to believe the same people who made Mount & Blade made this abomination, as M&B is a good and fun game. This is nothing like it. Avoid at all costs. Any small redeeming factors in this game get totally overshadowed by terrible balance, ridiculous learning curve, and it just feels too arcade to me.
  21. Sep 4, 2013
    Despite floaty combat, generally average map design, and some pervasive bugs, War of the Roses provides gameplay that is just plain fun, and the skill based combat as well as the variety of weapons keeps me coming back. Its not technically a 9/10 however I rate it so because of how much fun I got out of this game, which to me is the end all of what a game should do, be immersive, challenging and fun. Expand
  22. Aug 31, 2013
    Don't get me wrong, the customization is what this game managed to put forward in this genre, however the game falls incredibly short in terms of genuine content and gameplay.
    As an avid fan of Mount and Blade: Warband, this game is just appalling in terms of gameplay, weapons seem to have no weight, fighting is incredibly slow (and whatever critic said it was fast paced is deemed
    retarded in my books), awful animations and it just feels floaty as oppose to how battles back then really were.
    Graphics wise it's fairly good
    Music's nice
    But I would not recommend this game to anyone, if you want a proper medieval type action/RPG get Mount and Blade: Warband, or play this and then that.
  23. Aug 16, 2013
    War of the Roses is modest and pared-down, then but it offers a challenging, chaotic and sometimes comic take on multiplayer. It's an innovative game and I'd like to see it succeed, I'd like to see it grow and, quite honestly, I'd like to see it turn into an eSport.
  24. Aug 3, 2013
    an excellent game .this game is much better now than it was at launch. is much more realistic than chivalry. in war of the rose there a real system of armor in chivalry you only have more life no real potrecion
  25. Jul 30, 2013
    Good game, I would like to see more variety of weapons and armor. But now, the game is a lot of fun. More such games about the Middle Ages.
    Developers are tried to capture the atmosphere of the time and they turned out well.
  26. Jul 27, 2013
    I have logged 10 hours of play after purchasing WOTR: Kingmaker on Steam. I did not find the learning curve to be too high, and I have never played a multiplayer medieval game like this before. The default classes are not bad and I quickly earned gold with which to purchase custom classes and equipment. Sure, I can't afford good armor yet but I am doing fine without it. The battle mechanics are great and dueling is really fun. All the weapons are realistic. If you are using an axe or spear you must hit with the top of the weapon or it will not count. Its a great feeling when you successfully decapitate someone, get a headshot with a longbow, or knock someone off their mount.

I tried Chivalry recently and found it to be basic, boring, unrealistic, and very unpolished. I went straight back to WOTR. It feels much more refined and satisfying. Its not too easy and its not too hard, and with some skill you can earn enough gold to buy new stuff very quickly. Its really a great game and I plan to log many more hours.
  27. Jul 17, 2013
    First of all, let me start by saying that I have been following the Mount & Blade saga since the first beta. I was hooked immediately. With that said, I hate this game. Mount & Blade is a great game. It has great gameplay and some very solid gameplay mechanics. I will even say that the combat and movement are fluid. War of the Roses is all but that. The feel of the old M&B games is gone and replaced by a slow and clunky game experience.

There is no single player campaign at all (which is to be expected and doesn't come as a surprise).

The multiplayer is very niche and hardcore. You know how some servers in the original M&B had some bad mods that allowed you to have money? You remember how you hated it? Well, War of the Roses is a standalone version of those servers.

This is not a game for the M&B fans. (Check out that other game instead.)
  28. Jul 9, 2013
    I enjoy playing this game very much. It is very easy to pick up and begin playing. I believe the combat system is unique but is sometimes frustrating. Squad spawn also is annoying and is almost useless. However, I still recommend this game highly as I already have 30+ hours logged in, and plan to have many more.
  29. Jun 25, 2013
    I am coming from playing Chivalry: Medieval Warfare first, due to metacritic scores. I bought the better rated game, and didn't get into it at all due to the difficulty of aiming blows. When I read that one of the faults of WotR was that the controls were worse, I steered away. I decided to give the game a go however, due to a great sale on Steam. While the game is still clunky, I think it is great fun, and the 3rd person view does a bit to give you some situational awareness. Online play is fun, and leveling up for new classes comes easy enough with just a few wins. I do disagree with the crossbow mechanic, but the longbow works great, and the sword swinging and parry system are great fun. Expand
  30. Jun 25, 2013
    Dear customers;
    The worst medieval game I played.First, this game hasn't got campaign or single player.Second, too few unlockables.You find a match and join it. there is four classes you can chose.you played game.match finished and you unlocked custom class 1. you want edit it and you click it.""what the h,,l ""you cant edit it if you dont buy coins.everything requires level 6,7,8 or
    5.000 10.000 and 100.000 coins. THİS İS A GAME FOR AIMLESS PEOPLES Expand

1. Dec 2, 2012
    The foundation for a sophisticated swordplayer is here, but War of the Roses misses the jugular by forgetting to include the rest. [Dec 2012, p.74]
  2. Nov 29, 2012
    An interesting medieval action game with a very good combat system (except for a rather primitive mounted combat) which is more refined than its counterpart in Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. [CD-Action 13/2012, p.62]
  3. Nov 29, 2012
    A complicated game mechanics title that's obviously suited for gamers in love with medieval battles. If it is your love, you will clench your teeth and the gameplay will reward you with a fantastic atmosphere and a rich experience. The game's variations are few, so it is basically two groups of fighters slitting each others throats. Nonetheless, expanding the gameplay experience is a likelihood.