8.1

1. May 17, 2013
    A basically very simple game. That can rightfully be accused of being rather shallow and repetitious. So why the hell im I still playing it after 50hrs? I think its because:
    1) Subject matter is cool My Space ninja is gonna slap ya crappy steampunk back into the 80's!
    2) Graphics Very good, and i like the rather bleak and moody feel. 3) Gameplay is smooth and easy, as is the
    2) Graphics Very good, and i like the rather bleak and moody feel.
    3) Gameplay is smooth and easy, as is the matchmaking. Missions are fast paced, but everyone seems chilled and tolerant of newbie starters.
    4) But mainly its because its fun to play. Controls are solid, as is the gunplay. Melee is a bit frantic, but there is nothing wrong with it.
    5) Its free (ish). But I don't think they quite understood the idea of MICRO transactions. The store is very expensive which I think will harm the game in the long run. Its probably at least double what most people would expect. Although I would normally buy some initial credits to support the game writer, here its just to expensive to feel comfortable with.

Overall, I think this is a great game to grab the odd 30mins on here and there. Play for free, and I cant see how you could be disappointed!
  2. Apr 2, 2013
    Really great game. It has large updates that are put out each month. It keeps getting better. Very polished gameplay. One of the best free to play games I've played. I would highly recommend experiencing it with your friends as it was meant to be played cooperatively and it's a far more fun than when played solo.
  3. Mar 26, 2013
    I've been playing the Warframe Closed Beta for more than a month, and this game ROCKS!! It's FtP, and was released on Steam within the last day or so, so now there's no excuse not to go and get it. The character ani's are very smooth, the tile sets are well-done, and the action is non-stop, especially in Co-op play. (The developers have said they have no plans to offer a PvP mode.) TheI've been playing the Warframe Closed Beta for more than a month, and this game ROCKS!! It's FtP, and was released on Steam within the last day or so, so now there's no excuse not to go and get it. The character ani's are very smooth, the tile sets are well-done, and the action is non-stop, especially in Co-op play. (The developers have said they have no plans to offer a PvP mode.) The leveling system recently underwent a massive change, which made the game more challenging. It also opened up a much wider spectrum of upgrade possibilities than was available previously. The game still has some small room for improvement, but it is a heck of a lot of fun to play--and it's FREE!! Strongly recommended. Expand
  4. Apr 1, 2013
    *CLAPS* nicely done.... Crisis had sex with ninja gaiden and forth bread Warframe :D Lol that's how i see it anyways love it addicted to it, became my new daily play game XD
  5. Apr 24, 2013
    I had a lot of fun with the game for the first few days, so it pains me to have to write such a scathing review and score it so low. Let's start on a high note with the pros:

+Fun gameplay with a lot of different methods of customization. Modding your weapons, warframe(character), and sentinel(Pet) provides a lot of different avenues for progression. +There are (I believe)12 warframes

+There are (I believe)12 warframes to pick from, though you only get access to 3 out of the box.
    +You can potentially get access to all the content in the game w/o spending any money, excluding cosmetics such as colors.
    +A welcoming community and a section of the forum dedicated to helping new players and gets a respectable amount of traffic

And now the low note. This is going to hurt, Warframe, but try to grit your teeth.
    ---If you do decide to spend money on the game, you'll find Warframe has one of the most expensive premium shops around. Buying a warframe can cost up to 25 dollars! Getting access to more than 18 colors(Not as many as it sounds) is 5$ a piece, and weapons range 5-15$!

-----After you've spent hours farming the cash and crafting mats to build a weapon or warframe, you have to wait 12-72 hours for it to finish "building". But wait! If you spend a paultry 25-50 plat(The least plat you can buy is 5$ for 70 plat, the cheapest weapons, colors, and warframes being 75 plat, btw) you can rush it to get your hard-earned buy immediately. A laughably obvious inconvenience forced on the players in order to promote buying premium currency

-The combat gets dull, after a while. The AI is pretty primitive, even for an indie game. Melee is gimmicky and with knockbacks and stuns abound, you're better off just keeping distance and picking enemies off. The game mistakes punishment for difficulty, if you're not careful it's very easy to be "stunlocked" to death, with very little you can do about it.

-Expect a Diablo-level grind. The whole game is a grind and the only goal is to grind more, all the bosses are bullet sponges with little to no difficulty, the Infected(An enemy faction) are generally the hardest enemies you will fight, and that's only because of the stunlocking mentioned above.

-Even though there are lots of options and customization, the game is plagued with balance issues. The Hek, Lex, and Dual Heat Blades will be the only weapon loadout you'll ever need. Half the cast can't even compete with other much stronger, more versatile Warframes. Health, Armor, and critical hit/damage mods are almost completely useless.

-The levels are reused constantly. It's not uncommon to play on the same level multiple times within one short gaming session.

-The handling leaves a lot to be desired. The game tries to be Assassin's Creed/Darksiders but it just doesn't have the polish things like wallrunning, sliding, and complex maneuvers need to function. Very rarely will you pull off super awesome stunts your friends will be wowed by. Once you get into the higher level content it all boils down to cover shooting because you just will not survive being in the middle of the grinder.

To sum it all up, you pay out the ass for the conveniences premium currency offers, the game gets stale and very grindy, very quickly. I've read people praising the massive updates but they apply sweeping changes that completely alter the game, keeping it in a perpetual state of imbalance.
  6. Jul 8, 2013
    Played for 60+ hours before quitting. I reached the point were I was just farming stuff over and over and wasn't having fun.

Positive: -Game graphics look Great -big selection of weapons -good selection of warframes -large amount of missions -able to get most items without spending real life money -fun for first little bit until you have replaced all your starting

-Game graphics look Great

-big selection of weapons

-good selection of warframes

-large amount of missions

-able to get most items without spending real life money

-fun for first little bit until you have replaced all your starting weapons
    -Skills are pretty much exact same on different frames with different strength and slight variations to graphics to make them look different. (excalibur last skill kills stuff in ring around you with lances, saryn kills things in ring around you with poison, ash slashes people in a circle around you... realize a pattern here?)

- Everything is overpriced or a cash grab(more than most mmos)... Last patch they added 3 colors into their store with different shades (red, white and blue) for 4th of July and charge 5$ for it, 10-15$ for weapons and up to 20$ for the good frames

-boss fights aren't really boss like. a boss run online takes about 3 minutes and 80% of that is running to the boss and to the exit (while ignoring mobs)

-mod variety is pretty nice but you stick to pretty much exact same build for each one

-no real customization besides colors (your frame and weapons are the same as everyone else's)

-only a few of the weapons are really used (boltor,latron,paris,hek)

-semi autos kill your finger. dual semi auto pistols have a clip of 30 and can hold 200+ rounds and you can only fire bullets one click at a time. is fine in most shooters but most shooters don't have 300 or more enemies in some of the games.

-missions are extremely repetitive and have the share the same layout

-storyline... not really much of one, you kind of bounce back and forth killing people in different areas. boss has a bit of a back story to explain why you are killing him but majority of missions have almost no explanation and just a goal.

- hosts can lag really bad and if you are a bad host player you can't choose to let someone else host

-game is mostly farming oriented with no real end game. you gather materials to build different weapons (eventually reaching the point where you just build weapons for the sake of building weapons) then you farm mods(weapon and frame buffs) which you fuse to other mods

-if you have a rare blueprint, mod or item drop you must finish the entire mission. If you need to leave because of real life, internet crashes, fail the mission, the game crashes because of your setting or because its in beta and is unstable your screwed out of the drop.

Overall:
    Good for killing time but not worth sinking money into it.
  7. Mar 27, 2013
    It seemed like a pretty good game, but after a few hours in its flaws became readily apparent. First off, I kept asking myself, didn't I just play that level? Because I pretty much did just play that level. It's the same thing, over and over and over and over and over again.
    Even then, the movement and combat mechanics seemed pretty awesome. If that was the only thing I was basing my rating on, that would be an 8.5.
    But the real kicker to the groin is the real money system. $20 will get you a cheap warframe, a weapon, and some respawns. (So if you die a lot, you end up having to pay just to continue playing the game)
    If you really want everything, you can pay $260, and you after some time you may end up spending even more money.
    Their greed has completely ruined what could have been great. If, instead of charging us large sums for absolutely nothing, they had provided a wealth of content and charged us reasonable prices, they could have had a gold mine, but right now the game tailors to spoiled rich kids.
  8. Mar 26, 2013
    The gameplay is pretty fun, even though the missions and environments are pretty repetitive. I wouldn't mind so much if I could actually improve my skills without having to spend real life money to buy 'platinum'. Since the credits you earn from missions is a pathetic sum compared to the cost of powering up your mods (without mods you basically have a lv30 Warframe that's as strong as aThe gameplay is pretty fun, even though the missions and environments are pretty repetitive. I wouldn't mind so much if I could actually improve my skills without having to spend real life money to buy 'platinum'. Since the credits you earn from missions is a pathetic sum compared to the cost of powering up your mods (without mods you basically have a lv30 Warframe that's as strong as a lv1). You get a maximum of 5000 credits if you farm the first boss for an item he drops worth 2500 credits 100% of the time. Building a new Warframe is also a chore, it costs 35k for the master blueprint, you then have to farm the specific boss for blueprints for helmet, chassis and systems. Not only will this take forever because of poor droprates, the parts also cost 25k each to build and 24 hours build time. You then have to build the Warframe for 25k more with a build time of 72 hours. We're already at 135k, but it doesn't end there! You also need an 'Orokin Reactor' to supercharge your Warframe, or you will be stuck at 50% of it's maximum potential. These only drop from rare alerts that have special rewards, with those Reactors being just about the rarest to come by. Once you finally get the blueprint for that, it takes another 35k to build that. So we're at 170k for a second Warframe. Couple this with MAYBE max 40k an hour for farming, and you're grinding the same mission over and over for at least 4.5 hours. Everything takes months in this game without spending real life money, for which in game items have a ridiculous price. Buying the pack for the Warframe 'Frost' (1 Warframe, 1 primary, 1 secondary and 1 melee) costs a whopping 60 USD. I can easily buy 5 great games for that kind of money in Steam sales which won't bore me to tears like Warframe does. Expand
  9. Jun 22, 2014
    It's a cooperative 3rd person action shooter with melee and RPG/inventory management elements. It's also absolutely one of the best examples of a free to play game out there. Spending cash on this game gets nothing that it unachievable by a non paying customer other than cosmetics. Market prices are expensive, but not on everything, just on the stuff that's a punishment for not playing theIt's a cooperative 3rd person action shooter with melee and RPG/inventory management elements. It's also absolutely one of the best examples of a free to play game out there. Spending cash on this game gets nothing that it unachievable by a non paying customer other than cosmetics. Market prices are expensive, but not on everything, just on the stuff that's a punishment for not playing the game(ie if you want to skip way ahead you're going to have to PAY for it. Either put in the game time or expect to pay a premium price). The items that really influence your experience(item and warframe slots and super chargers) are pretty cheaply obtained, and you can trade in game for the currency to do so from other players, meaning even a completely free player can purchase anything in the cash shop through dedication and trading. It's also extremely fun, you should be playing it right now. Expand
  10. Jul 28, 2014
    extremely underrated by "real reviewers" I read some of them and probably they didn't spend more that 5 min in know the game. So if you want some action game in 3d person , cooperative where you not only annihilate everything in your pat but also have huge section of characters , weapons , implementers and personalization you should try warframe. Also it have randomly generates levels andextremely underrated by "real reviewers" I read some of them and probably they didn't spend more that 5 min in know the game. So if you want some action game in 3d person , cooperative where you not only annihilate everything in your pat but also have huge section of characters , weapons , implementers and personalization you should try warframe. Also it have randomly generates levels and awesome events from time to time. Expand
  11. Jun 29, 2014
    Well to me currently warframe is a really fun and addicting game they always have a frequent updates and new stuff just keeps being added and there is always something for you to do no matter what your doing.
  12. Jul 21, 2014
    Sorry, but i have to say something about this critics/comments. I played early beta, i earned things hardly in a poor environment. A bit frustrating to see it quite free when you come back after 6 months. I played all HL maps, i have all mods. I still enjoy discovering mod combos, team combos, weapons' feeling (there are soooo many different of them, really).

For those who say: It's a

For those who say: It's a repetitive grinding game, i'll say:
    Each major update (we are currently on the 14th) you have several new weapons, new warframes, new ennemies, new bosses, new maps, new game mechanics, new interface, new story, new Gameplay (!!!!), new mods........
    If you want a funny game that evolves REALLY, Warframe is, in my opinion THE BEST game you can reach. And you know what? It(s freeee... i see some bad ratings dated "2013". Come back here, and dare say the same thing. (Impossible, it's not the same game anymore). It's true.

If you are affraid about pay to win Games:
    You can get EVERYTHING without any dollar if you are perseverant, and have a lot of time to spend in a game.
    Plus, you CANNOT have everything with virtual money. In fact, you can only buy specific things with virtual money. You can spend 400000000 dollars, you will still have to play a lot to get resources, and craft, and up your rank...
    Plus you can actually trade virtual money with other players. So, you can get it without any dollar.

For those who say: "uh, mom, it's so hard, and this player in my party is so cheat that i'm sure he paid, it's unfair": Grow up. And remember: NINJAS PLAY (for) FREE :)
  13. Dec 6, 2014
    600 hours into it. Currently all I do is logging in for events. If you can't get the message out of that, read the whole review.

It looks fancy and shiny, but after you get your eyes adapted to it, it becomes an endless grind. Gfx: Solid. The optimization for physx sucks, but the game looks amazing without it. Audio: You could say it's ok. Gun sounds are, often, allright,

Gfx:
    Solid. The optimization for physx sucks, but the game looks amazing without it.

Audio:
    You could say it's ok. Gun sounds are, often, allright, although most of them just lack the oomph part. Ingame music is like any other. You'll turn it off after a few hours and play your favorite playlist.
    Ambient sounds, like bullet ricochets, doors, elevators, are too quiet.

Content:
    Apparently, DE thinks quantity>quality. In 2 words, power creep. It just doesn't work.
    In a lot more words,
    The mod system looks intriguing and as if it offers a lot of diversity, but in reality you'll be using the same set of mods for every enemy type and every mission. Basically, there are unused useless mods and mandatory mods.
    When you look at the mission map, you get the feeling you'll have to play a very long time in order to
    experience everything. Wrong. each tileset can be fully experienced, and gotten sick of, within several missions.
    The game offers boss fights! Awesome, right? When majority of the boss mission is running around 1shotting everything with your ubermodded weapon, and then killing a boss vastly inferior to your weapons, it's quite a meh experience.
    The newly added syndicates are yet another example of quantity>quality. 10 "different" factions, that all require the player to do 1 thing : grind mindlessly and endlessly.

Guns:
    In correlation with previously mentioned power creep, there are uber awesome weapons and there are useless and unfun weapons. It's all fun and games while you're ranking up fun weapons, but run out of fun weapons and it becomes a chore worse than washing the dishes.
    DE isn't doing much to remedy this issue, but rather adding more weapons hoping they'll hit the right note occasionally.

Grind:Reward ratio
    Grind's not always bad, if you reward the player. This game doesn't do that.
    Currently, there are plans to reward players with a high master rank(a general progress indicator), but it's all just paper.
    The newly added syndicates require such an enormous amount of farming to reach useful rewards that it's a major turn off for casual players.
    RNG drops. When the gods are on your side, it's a fun night, otherwise it's pretty frustrating seeing a weapon part, that you already have 10 of, drop mission after mission.

Multiplayer factor:
    The game can be played solo, which is good but also says a lot about how much developers are investing in player to player interaction.
    There's the mandatory general chat, trade chat, guild chat, group chat, friends chat. That's it sadly.
    There IS a player hub planned, but seeing the previews, it's not really promising.
    Clans can have their own "dojos", but they end up being large abandoned museums of someone's creativity.
    Oh right, PVP. There IS pvp, but it's a sideshow, and a really bad one.

The feel:
    First couple mastery levels(namely 8) - "Cool, I'm getting these mastery levels I don't know **** about, while trying out all these fun weapons. I don't care I have no idea what they do, it's cool and awesome."
    Post 8 - "Ugh, yet another **** weapon to level to get mastery up." *checks inventory and sees 20 more rank 0* "yeah, **** it."
    The fact that the game is discouraging use of single equipment a player finds fun, is rather baffling.

P2W factor:
    The only mandatory platinum market purchases are inventory slots and weapon power ups, called potatoes.(they increase the mod capacity of a weapon by 100%)
    Thankfully they're pretty cheap and the powerups can occasionally be gained on special mission.
    Other than that, everything is attainable through farming, albeit it'll take much longer.

Summary:
    The game doesn't feel new, but it sure feels fun the first 100 hours. If you don't mind being played a fool with "new" content based on the same principle, grind, you can keep being a positive statistic on their charts.
    The quite positive thing is the nearly non existent P2W factor.
    Basically, if you REALLY have nothing better to play, or have a fetish for ninjas in space, this is the game you can sink your money into. If not, wait for a 50% platinum discount, buy some platinum in the worth of an average indie game, buy inventory slots and kill time. Contrary to what fanbois preach, this is NOT an AAA title.
  14. Feb 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There is only one thing you need to know about Warframe: It's free.

Oh, maybe I didn't make myself clear enough. When I say that Warframe is free, I mean, literally speaking, it is free. Still not clear enough? Alright, I'll elaborate. Apart from two different types of items - appearance items (such as skins and coloring pallets) and weapon/Warframe slots - it is possible for all players to access almost all types of in game items and entities (apart from a few that are no longer available to everyone). In this manner, it is possible for you to obtain every Warframes (characters or so to speak), every weapons, every non-visual-based items and the likes. Of course, there are conditions to fulfill, and obtaining everything will most likely take up a good portion of your time (isn't this what you are looking for?), but the point is, it is perfectly possible to play Warframe in the long run without paying a single cent. It's your choice.

So, what is Warframe? In this game, you are basically a character known as "Tenno" who fights battles within a futuristic solar system. You will be teaming up with 3 other Tennos (this is a 4 player co-op game) to complete missions laid out by Lotus, a female commander issuing you orders. Nah, she is nicer than your ex-girlfriend, so don't worry about that.

You will basically be facing three separate forces, Grineer, Corpus and the Infestation (think of the three races in Starcraft if you want to get a better idea). There are different types of missions, ranging from elimination, rescue, spy, to defense and rescue. As for weapons, basically you get to equip a primary weapon (rifle, shotgun, sniper and many others that are hard to categorize), a secondary weapon (categorization is hard for this as well) and a melee weapon (sword, mace, fist... you know the deal). As for your character, you will be using one out of the somewhat 10-ish (slightly less than 20, though the number is gradually increasing as more update comes by) Warframes. Each Warframe comes with different stats, such as self-repairing shields, like those in halo, health, energy (mana) and speed. Still, more importantly, each Warframe has its own unique set of 4 skills. These skills are great assets for the players as most of the times they will come in handy. One thing to note is that gender is preset, so those transsexuals don't have to fake their gender anymore, which is, well ... you decide if it's good or not. There are also mods (modifications) that you can insert into your weapons and Warframes to make them much stronger than they originally are.

Oh and there are parkour. Learn how to press "WASD" + "LShift" + "LCtrl" + "Space" in fluid coordination. It will be helpful and painful, but you will definitely need them.

Simple?

Unlike many co-op shooters, Warframe definitely has its merits. One of the most apparent distinction of the game is that it has a leveling system that can be found in most MMOs. You can level up both your weapons and Warframes to a maximum rank of 30. Moreover, you can rank up your mods as well to make them more powerful. In this way, Warframe won't be a simple "run-shoot-kill see-score go-sleep" type of game. Never. There are things more important than that.

Another merit of Warframe is that there are frequent updates. When I say frequent, I mean FREQUENT, as in one big update per month or so. There will be new game modes, Warframes, weapons, mods ... etc. I mean, come on, who thinks that L4D2 came too fast after L4D1 is released? I do. Who is still waiting for L4D3 after all these years? I am. Who thinks that Gabe Newell should fulfill the unsaid promise of completing the trilogies of Valve games? I do. Come on, we have been waiting for L4D3 and Portal 3 and HL3, and we are sick and tired of being sick and tired of waiting. This won't happen for Warframe though. The game has a gradual and comfortable pace of updating. You get new contents every now and then, and they usually blends well with the game. Usually.

Still, like most games, there are pros and cons of Warframe and I have to sincerely admit that there are shortcomings with this game when compared to other games. One major shortcoming (I won't say flaw) of this game is that it lacks a concrete story line. Apart from some trivial storytelling, there really aren't much of a tale going on. There are stories told, I'm not saying there aren't, but they are rather weak. I know, that is not their aim, and that is not really the point of Warframe, but compared to the rich (though monotonous) storyline of L4D and Portal, Warframe needs to good a better job here.

Also, the game can be rather repetitive. You know, this applies for most Coop shooters, so there really isn't much to say about this. Yeah, repetitive.

So, in general, try Warframe. It's free. If you don't like it, drop it. Simple as that.
  15. Sep 27, 2014
    Isnt it weird how users rarely agree with critic scores? Take a look at Destiny that clearly copyed Warframe, critics love it, users hate it, just a weird side note.

Anyway ive st arted playing a f ew weeks ago and I love it, it has so much contat and so many hours of gameplay that you cant believe its a free game. Ofc you can purchase things with real money, but then again, you can earn the currency needed in game aswell, so there is no need to spend money on anything. An amazing game that everyone should have a look at it.

The reason I did not give it a full scrore is because it has bugs, not during gameplay, but while you are inside your ship, they rly piss me off from time to time.
  16. Jun 16, 2014
    Amazing F2P game with a really impressive development team. They are extremely transparent with what they are working on and get the community heavily involved through weekly devstreams and Q&A.
    Warframe is a constantly evolving game with new things added frequently.
    Warframe is a constantly evolving game with new things added frequently.
    The fairest pay model I have ever seen. EVERYTHING but cosmetics can be acquired through normal gameplay, and cosmetics that cannot be acquired through normal gameplay can be acquired by selling materials or blueprints you do not need for the premium currency.

However, Warframe still has yet to polish its new player experience, which holds the game back. A proper intro and tutorial are needed badly for any future expansion of its playerbase. As of now, getting started is the most difficult part of Warframe.
  17. Aug 19, 2014
    I have put well over 700 hours into this game. You don't put that much time into a rubbish game! If this game were reviewed today by professional critics, having had 14 major updates since it was first released and reviewed, then it would score far more highly. A wonderful game that offers much and is in no way a pay to win experience. Give it a go. You won't regret it. Though you justI have put well over 700 hours into this game. You don't put that much time into a rubbish game! If this game were reviewed today by professional critics, having had 14 major updates since it was first released and reviewed, then it would score far more highly. A wonderful game that offers much and is in no way a pay to win experience. Give it a go. You won't regret it. Though you just might lose a large segment of your life to it! Expand
  18. Mar 22, 2014
    The best game ever!!! No more to say... but if Metacritic needs a review with at least 150.... so: The best game ever!!!The best game ever!!!The best game ever!!!The best game ever!!!The best game ever!!!The best game ever!!!The best game ever!!!
  19. Mar 23, 2014
    Good game and good team co op play. Always adding new things to the game. A lot of missions to play. A lot of weapons and war frames to customize with mods and colors.
  20. Apr 13, 2014
    I give it a 7 of 10 i would give it a 9 of 10 but it JUST KEEPS CRASHING for absolutely no reason.
    If anyone knows how to fix it message me on steam :billybobapb101.
  21. Apr 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is an amazing game!! Its got an amazing variety of characters, weapons, scenery, and gore!! And with an update to look forward to about every 2 months, nothing ever gets old! This game will always be a long lasting phenomenon!! XD Expand
  22. May 3, 2014
    Warframe is the best FREE mmo I have played so far.
    The system is really great and they have frequent updates so it keeps getting better.
    The only down site at this moment are the number of bugs in the game. But show stopping bugs get fixed fast if they are reported. You should give it a try for sure, at the start it is hard to understand the game and what you can do. But check some
    Warframe is the best FREE mmo I have played so far.
    The only down site at this moment are the number of bugs in the game.
    But show stopping bugs get fixed fast if they are reported.
    But check some wiki pages, ask around and try it all out and it will be great!
  23. May 6, 2014
    I hate the way people say you have to spend money to play this game. Ive unlocked everything in the game with out spending a penny. It is a great game and is very enjoyable and at the end of the day it totally free. Not a penny is need to be spent
  24. Aug 14, 2014
    I absolutely love this game. In Warframe, you can feel like the frame that you are playing as, is yourself. Yes it is true how you get farther by playing some of the same type of missions, but it's still fun to lvl up, and unlock all the GOOD weapons in the game. I usually play Warframe within a time frame of maybe 30 minutes to 3 hours, depending if I am playing with others or not. TheI absolutely love this game. In Warframe, you can feel like the frame that you are playing as, is yourself. Yes it is true how you get farther by playing some of the same type of missions, but it's still fun to lvl up, and unlock all the GOOD weapons in the game. I usually play Warframe within a time frame of maybe 30 minutes to 3 hours, depending if I am playing with others or not. The leveling system in this game is unique within itself. You level your profile (or Mastery) rank, which allows you to unlock some of the later weapons, and there are the levels that your weapons gain over time. It is true that the game does get repetitive, but it's nice to always come back after a while. I do recommend this game to anyone who enjoys a good game in Third Person. Expand
  25. Jul 19, 2014
    At the time of this writing, Warframe is at Update 14.

As this game develops, it gets better and better. The lore is taking shape, the UI is more intuitive, new game play mechanics are being implemented and old ones improved or revamped among other positive changes that enhance the game experience as it continues to develop in Beta. The developers have a good reputation with the
    At the time of this writing, Warframe is at Update 14.

As this game develops, it gets better and better.

The developers have a good reputation with the players of the Warframe Community.
    They involve themselves in the forums, communicate to players via social media, and are also involved in the in-game chat. Working closely with the community, they have been able to tailor the game to what the players are looking for.

Being in beta, there is always room for improvement.
    With each update release, the game gets buggy but you can expect that with most games during update phases - especially online multiplayer games. Smooths out with the hot fixes.
    The game is not perfect yet but I gave it a 10 because of how much it has improved since the time of its release. I also gave it a 10 because of the relationship the developers have with the players.

I have been playing since closed beta but have only been actively playing since Update 9.
    I really like how much the game has changed and I think I will be playing for a while longer.
  26. Jul 26, 2014
    Pros
    - amazing graphics
    - Free to play - great character customization - great modding system - Don't ever have to spend a cent of IRL money if you're patient and smart. - allot of fun - frequent updates - big variety of weapons war-frames and powers - random and very fun global events which usually have cool bonuses. - Great tutorial and start to the game Cons - VERY
    Pros
    - amazing graphics
    - Free to play
    - great character customization
    - great modding system
    - Don't ever have to spend a cent of IRL money if you're patient and smart.
    - allot of fun
    - frequent updates
    - big variety of weapons war-frames and powers
    - random and very fun global events which usually have cool bonuses.
    - Great tutorial and start to the game

Cons
    - VERY repetitive maps. I don't find the actual gameplay to be repetitive at all, in fact the gameplay get's funner every time i play it, but the maps sure as heck are repetitive. dozens and dozens of different missions and i've only noticed about 5 unique maps.(keep in mind i haven't unlocked all planets but my statement still stands).

- No real story. When i first started playing it started off with a cool quest to hunt down someone who tried to capture you, and it seemed like this would lead into a really cool and interesting story. Unfortunately after you complete this quest, any remnants of a story disappears, and the game just becomes nothing more than hunting for loot to build more gear and doing the occasional event.

This game is amazing and has amazing potential. If a proper and immerse story and allot more unique maps are added. This will without a doubt be my favorite game of all time.
  27. Aug 5, 2014
    This game is amazing. Play it coop since the begining with friends and you will have a blast. If you like shooters (Like Halo, but 3rd person) and Diablo style games, you'll love Warframe. Plus , mostly everything can be obtained farming without expending cash, and even then, you have a daily chance to get free bonuses, which includes discounts up to 75%+ discount on platinum (PayThis game is amazing. Play it coop since the begining with friends and you will have a blast. If you like shooters (Like Halo, but 3rd person) and Diablo style games, you'll love Warframe. Plus , mostly everything can be obtained farming without expending cash, and even then, you have a daily chance to get free bonuses, which includes discounts up to 75%+ discount on platinum (Pay currency), so if you love the game like i do, you will buy some to support this amazing game. Really worth a try, one of my favorite online games along league of legends. Expand
  28. Aug 12, 2014
    Great game. I've been playing since it came into open beta. I've sunk some money into it, but recently have been working on going at it with no extra cash put in. I've really enjoyed meeting other players, exploring constantly developing and dynamic content.
    The graphics have impressed me since the first day I played.
    I've never felt like people were pushing me to do something I didn't
    The graphics have impressed me since the first day I played.
    I've never felt like people were pushing me to do something I didn't want to do when I played, and I have been playing with lots of different types.
    Some people are jerks, but that's online game play for you.
    The core of the game lends itself very strongly to the player filling in time with fighting a lot, which helps the player fine-tune his or her game play.
  29. Aug 29, 2014
    I really admire this game because this is fun-to-play. It already lasted for 1 and a half years so it it a game where a lot of people play plus the developers progresses with their game with new updates thus hard work. The warframes designs are good, the weapons are strong and balanced, melee still needs some changes and improvements but its a good start, and the enemies are well-made.I really admire this game because this is fun-to-play. It already lasted for 1 and a half years so it it a game where a lot of people play plus the developers progresses with their game with new updates thus hard work. The warframes designs are good, the weapons are strong and balanced, melee still needs some changes and improvements but its a good start, and the enemies are well-made. But the repetitive gamplay is the problem for players who get tired easily, but this is still being developed so in the future, this game be a more fun for players and maybe they can get a higher rating compared to now. Expand
  30. Sep 15, 2014
    I really don't get why people hate on this game so much....

1.Many people complain that this is a pay 2 win game but really it is not. Everything is game changing is unlock able by just playing 2.What people don't get is that this is a game for you and 1-3 friends to play not you alone with random people online 3.This game is worth spending maybe about $25 on platinum, because
    I really don't get why people hate on this game so much....

3.This game is worth spending maybe about $25 on platinum, because buying platinum is not game changing it just makes you look cooler or get a weapon faster

Does it deserve a 10? close but not just yet
    Does it deserve a 0-4? No unless you don't have friends

If you have friends then go ahead it will be great. But if you don't why are you playing a co-op game?
  31. Sep 18, 2014
    This has been 1 of my favorite games of all time but still I don't understand why people are giving so much hate to this game. For the few people who give this game a 4-0, get real does this game really deserve a 4 or 0? The graphics are amazing and it isn't p2w at all. Even without spending a penny on this game you could get platnium from trading and the essential platnium items areThis has been 1 of my favorite games of all time but still I don't understand why people are giving so much hate to this game. For the few people who give this game a 4-0, get real does this game really deserve a 4 or 0? The graphics are amazing and it isn't p2w at all. Even without spending a penny on this game you could get platnium from trading and the essential platnium items are relativly cheap anyways so unless you're a casual player, to lazy to grind items or just a plain hater. The game isn't perfect though because of there being tons of bugs, match making with laggy players and the nerfing of some of the best weapons in the game *cough *cough acrid. Most of these flaws can be over looked because bugs aren't game breaking and laggy players could be avoided by joining a friend or clanmate, so overall the game isint quite perfect but pretty damn close. Expand
  32. Oct 13, 2014
    I have been playing Warframe for over an year now. It pumps out amazing updates regularly and the game is constantly improving. The game has a massive learning curve, the tutorial isn't that polished, and you need to check wikis and guides constantly if you're a new player, for example, you open up the market and you will see a ton of weapons and gear ridiculous amount of money, what youI have been playing Warframe for over an year now. It pumps out amazing updates regularly and the game is constantly improving. The game has a massive learning curve, the tutorial isn't that polished, and you need to check wikis and guides constantly if you're a new player, for example, you open up the market and you will see a ton of weapons and gear ridiculous amount of money, what you don't see is the small section that sells you blueprints, and you can build weapons easily. The gameplay is extremely well done and the graphics are good for a F2P game. Expand
  33. Nov 10, 2014
    Warframe was a fun at first, but after finishing a few planets there is just too much repetition and grinding. I stopped playing the game at Update 7 and started again at Update 12. Now I stopped again after Update 14 because the grind is just insane. I have a total of 394 hours on it. Warframe is just another Pay To Win game. Each update includes many fun weapons and some new additionsWarframe was a fun at first, but after finishing a few planets there is just too much repetition and grinding. I stopped playing the game at Update 7 and started again at Update 12. Now I stopped again after Update 14 because the grind is just insane. I have a total of 394 hours on it. Warframe is just another Pay To Win game. Each update includes many fun weapons and some new additions but most of those you need to either grind your way to get it or pay them for it. The graphics are amazing and the gameplay is also good. The maps are a complete repeat of the ones before it. 5.8/10 Expand
  34. Mar 30, 2015
    The first 5 hours were pretty horrific, you go in, the combat feels slow, everything that cost RL money seems to expensive. Then you start fighting in groups, you start realizing the training wheels are off, you start realizing how you can build your own play style, you realize that the cash shop stuff is a shortcut you really don't need to take, and that simply playing the game andThe first 5 hours were pretty horrific, you go in, the combat feels slow, everything that cost RL money seems to expensive. Then you start fighting in groups, you start realizing the training wheels are off, you start realizing how you can build your own play style, you realize that the cash shop stuff is a shortcut you really don't need to take, and that simply playing the game and evolving your strategies as you go depending on your mission and frames is fun and rewarding.

Pros:
    -Menus, your ship is the menu, it is gorgeous
    -Insane customization of stats and builds and weapons
    -Community of people who (statistically) welcome, encourage, and teach
    -Gorgeous graphics (when everything is cranked to max)
    -Cash shop isn't needed to progress or enjoy a thing
    -Mowing down waves of enemies that aren't too bright is pretty relaxing and fun
    -New Warframes (at lvl 30) really bring about different ways of playing

Cons
    -RNG, the "endgame" gear is all about grinding out challenging (but repetitive) missions for the low % chance of the items you actually need appearing
    -Certain aspects just aren't finished (Archwing, its melee/gun Star Fox, but gorgeous) which can leave certain modes/areas feeling shallow
    -PC controls for wall running/jumping rather clunky for a "Space Ninja Simulator"
    -Stealth, its not a working system in the game, its rather frustrating and slow to try and only stealth through a level, the current system isn't built for it

Is it the best overall game you've played? No.
    Is it fun to relax after work and mow down hordes with your friends? Yes.
  35. Mar 17, 2015
    The game is ok, but it offers not enough for its value.
    Sure its F2P and EA, but if you decide to actually invest in it you do not get much for it:
    The thing is that you start with one 'warframe'. If you want another one you will have to pay. Of course there is the lack of P2W but that involves a relentless grind. So much grinding that it feels like the deliberately made it this way so
    The game is ok, but it offers not enough for its value.
    Of course there is the lack of P2W but that involves a relentless grind. So much grinding that it feels like the deliberately made it this way so you would not be bothered with it and spend money.

There is no story at all.
    Tactics are limited to grouping up and hoping your teammates are able to help and cooperate. It is possible to work together I suppose but there is no easy way of communicating.

Level design is repetitive yet confusing yet repetitive. Maps are divided in little zones and objectives are show by a logo at the edge of the zone you are currently in. Sometimes its just down the corridor, other times you have to look for a small hole in the wall way up or below, while enemies relentlessly attack you. If you die you can be revived by a teammate but if they are up ahead they will not be able to make it within 15 seconds before bleeding out. You can revive on the spot (enemies still there, surrounding your corpse and blocking your escape) up to 4 times a day for free. Do you need more? Wait or pay up!

All in all they need more diversity in the levels, AI, increase loot drops a bit and offer way more value for the currency you can buy. Be aware of price differences between their website and steam packages, also buying more does not mean more platinum for your money!

It is something that can grab your attention and keep it for a month but the grinding and repetitiveness will make you look for the next better thing.
  36. Oct 27, 2013
    At first I felt the critics were to harsh on this game considering I was still thoroughly enjoying it. However after countless hours of playing I have to say the critics were kind. This game has MAJOR flaws the number 1 flaw of this game is that the entire game is just grind ALL OF IT, it gives you the impression that the grinding will pay off eventually but it doesn't. You get no whereAt first I felt the critics were to harsh on this game considering I was still thoroughly enjoying it. However after countless hours of playing I have to say the critics were kind. This game has MAJOR flaws the number 1 flaw of this game is that the entire game is just grind ALL OF IT, it gives you the impression that the grinding will pay off eventually but it doesn't. You get no where there is no end game NOTHING, you just find a new weapon or a new character and level them up.

Another flaw is not really of the game but more the development team. The team is completely mis-staffed there is too many content creators and not enough people left to fix stuff, amongst the playerbase there is a popular opinion of the team that creates stuff isn't the team who fixes issues within the game. That is correct but the real issue is resource management.

Overall game design and direction come into play also. There seems to be a severe lack of clear direction when it comes to overall balance. At first they took the stand of every weapon should be balanced and compensated with mods. However now they seemed to have changed their view on it in favor of a tiering system that is utterly broken. Generally a tiering system works in a way that weapons that require higher stats out preform those with lower requirements. This is not the case it just appears to be random.

This is a f2p game afterall so the monization of content has to be questioned is it good, is it bad, inbetween? Answer, its misleading. As a new player in a F2p game the first thing I do is work out how much something costs a warframe will set you back an average of 20$ weapons around 10. That is just too expensive considering the games longevity solely depends on trying different weapons and warframes.

All of that being said there are still plenty of positives when it comes to this game. As other users have pointed out in much greater detail the mechanics and the sheer amount of fun that can be had whist playing in co-op are this games strong points whether they are strong enough to outweigh poor staff management and overall incompetence when it comes to game design. I don't know that is something people will have different opinions on.
  37. Feb 22, 2014
    ITS FREE TO PLAY!!! Stunning Graphics !!! Amazing game play!! Easy controls, Full controller setup A+!! they do have big updates very often but atleast its always something cool and interesting there adding. Some levels are the same looking...but I don't complain about it...why?...because its free to play and I don't have to pay! so think about that before you give it a bad review!
  38. Feb 13, 2014
    Normally I don't write reviews for F2P games but, this game is a really great game to play! The graphics are pretty good for a F2P game, that I'll give it a 8/10. The gameplay is fast pace but, most levels are the same which I believe the reason is due to the enemy's "base" or "home planet" but, it does change once getting to the outer solar system and I'll give it a 7.5/10. I am glad thatNormally I don't write reviews for F2P games but, this game is a really great game to play! The graphics are pretty good for a F2P game, that I'll give it a 8/10. The gameplay is fast pace but, most levels are the same which I believe the reason is due to the enemy's "base" or "home planet" but, it does change once getting to the outer solar system and I'll give it a 7.5/10. I am glad that his game isn't just only a PvE only kinda game but, it also has a PvP which gets pretty fun. The best part of this game is that it gets updates almost every day which is really surprising and that I'll give a 10/10 on how active the developers are. The only thing missing is MUSIC! If the developers can just put must or battle music and even on boss battles it would be perfect!

Over all I'll give Warframe a 10/10 and I recommend to play this game with friends.
  39. Sep 13, 2013
    Two words: 1. Repetitive. 2. Grinding.
    Alot.
    The level design is incredibly boring and you only shoot and slice with your katana/sword/thingy.
    I really did not appreciate this game after 1-2 hours of gameplay. And it took forever to get ANYTHING. Not even a single weapon or upgrade after 2,5 hours gameplay. Not even an item to build.

Not recommending. But since it's free, try it.
  40. Aug 27, 2013
    Honestly, the only reason I gave it a 3 is because there aren't a lot of games like this, especially F2P's. However, that doesn't mean I had any fun whatsoever running around like a maniac completing mindless quests and mashing buttons. The controls are wonky, the enemies are stupid, and the weapons aren't very inspiring. But SPACE NINJAS! If that's enough for you, I recommend thisHonestly, the only reason I gave it a 3 is because there aren't a lot of games like this, especially F2P's. However, that doesn't mean I had any fun whatsoever running around like a maniac completing mindless quests and mashing buttons. The controls are wonky, the enemies are stupid, and the weapons aren't very inspiring. But SPACE NINJAS! If that's enough for you, I recommend this game, otherwise it's about as deep as a teaspoon and less fun. Expand
  41. Sep 6, 2013
    My my... where do I begin with Warframe...

Let's start with the good things first, because this game does have a few. It's a nice idea; I've always wanted to be a ninja in deep space. The ability to craft stuff is good too, and the level design, aesthetically at least, is rather well done. Now to the bad things, and strap yourselves in, because there are lots and lots of critical
    My my... where do I begin with Warframe...

Now to the bad things, and strap yourselves in, because there are lots and lots of critical flaws.

Let's start with the aesthetic, or lack thereof; this game, even on the highest settings, looks awful. Half the time I didn't know what I was looking at.

The sound design is terrible. The guns do not feel like guns in anyway, and the voice acting is practically criminal.

The level design is linear, cramped and doesn't explore the main mechanic of the game being a ninja. Please tell me how I am supposed to be a ninja in the corridor of a spaceship? You better get used to it too, because the levels are pretty much corridor, room, corridor, room, corridor, with no variation inbetween.

On the topic of the guns, none of them have any recoil, or anything, really. There's not really much reason to use anything else other than reading the stats and deciding which of the only slightly different weapons you prefer.

The UI is probably one of the worst I've seen since ArmA II. I spent about an hour figuring out how to craft, and still to this day, I have not worked it out.

The game is far too easy. I am roughly five hours in and I still have not received anything close to a challenge. This is reinforced by the all the enemies having severe mental defects. There are two types of AI, the ones that run straight at you, and the ones that stand in the same place and shoot you.

The game also has one of the worst transaction models I've seen. You get two starting characters. Want another? Sure. £20, please. A weapon? £5.

The whole "ninja" thing is clunky and not well designed, many a time did I find myself stuck to a locker in a corridor full of enemies. Luckily for me, the enemies seem to just be using BB guns.

Warframe is bad game. Some people will say "Oh, it's still in beta, it's allowed to be bad". It's not, it's allowed to be bad if bugs are breaking it, but the core gameplay mechanics are. It's worth nothing more than to get the trading cards on Steam, and then just leaving it to rust away.
  42. Feb 18, 2014
    It looks nice at first, all the ninja, enemies and all that stuff (from a design perspective) it's actually pretty awesome. But the game itself is boring, lackluster and a huge grind fest. Also, it promotes into oblivion all the Nvidia Crap PhysX so it is a no go for AMD users (making the game like it's holding out on features on purpose and leaves an empty space).
  43. Sep 30, 2013
    This game has a great hook and constantly comes out with new content on a (somewhat) regular basis. It's unique and holds a nice standard of promise.

However, this game has no longevity and is a large grind to get certain things you want. Not to mention that if you want to get to late game, there are certain items that are gatekeepers to the late game that you have to -buy- with money just to proceed into the game. Or you have to wait for them to do a livestream and MAKE a special alert for said items.

This game is good for a small time frame, but it sadly just does not hold my attention. If want to grind for items, I'll play an MMORPG that actually rewards you for something that's impactful rather than farming for a new skin of something that already exists.

Hope this helps.
  44. Apr 6, 2013
    The graphics are nice and they fit the mood, the overall style is pretty cool! The gunplay with ranged weapons is satisfying but could still be better. Overall it has nice and smooth animations, still there could be more of them.. The melee combat bugs me, it could be alot better in any way.. This game has alot more room for changes/optimizations, it also performs pretty bad on goodThe graphics are nice and they fit the mood, the overall style is pretty cool! The gunplay with ranged weapons is satisfying but could still be better. Overall it has nice and smooth animations, still there could be more of them.. The melee combat bugs me, it could be alot better in any way.. This game has alot more room for changes/optimizations, it also performs pretty bad on good systems... But so far, pretty nice! Give it a try! It only has 1,6 GB... I leave with a 6/10, to be changed in the future...

For now it is only "above average", nothing more, nothing less..
  45. Sep 14, 2013
    Yet another disappointing free to play game. What is it nowadays with these games overcomplicating everything? Nobody cares about story or context. No-one wants to spend time in unintuitive user interfaces. A free-to-play should be instant jump in and play without the need for a tutorial. Warframe is yet another brick in the wall of free to play games that make no effort to attract yourYet another disappointing free to play game. What is it nowadays with these games overcomplicating everything? Nobody cares about story or context. No-one wants to spend time in unintuitive user interfaces. A free-to-play should be instant jump in and play without the need for a tutorial. Warframe is yet another brick in the wall of free to play games that make no effort to attract your attention unless you are willing to play it for hundreds of hours. The graphics are horrible, controls aren't smooth and general gameplay is dull. Expand
  46. Jun 22, 2013
    a great free to play game, and it is free to play you dont have to spend any money, all the items that you think you need money for are gotten through playing alert missions or seven day login reward. you are only given a limited colour pallet but its enough. th graphics are great. the game play feels polished and is responsive. it is still a beta but there are constant updates as theya great free to play game, and it is free to play you dont have to spend any money, all the items that you think you need money for are gotten through playing alert missions or seven day login reward. you are only given a limited colour pallet but its enough. th graphics are great. the game play feels polished and is responsive. it is still a beta but there are constant updates as they add more to the game keeping it fresh. it is well worth downloading and hey its free and still better than a lot of games coming out now for cash Expand
  47. Mar 28, 2013
    Fun, fast-paced combat, strong tactical elements, good graphics, and it's very easy to run. Plus, co-op online games are hard to come by. Awesome art direction; it kind of reminds me of the Rengoku psp games, but obviously with higher production values. And this is free! You really can't go wrong with free, especially since the game so far seems to be genuinely high quality. Don'tFun, fast-paced combat, strong tactical elements, good graphics, and it's very easy to run. Plus, co-op online games are hard to come by. Awesome art direction; it kind of reminds me of the Rengoku psp games, but obviously with higher production values. And this is free! You really can't go wrong with free, especially since the game so far seems to be genuinely high quality. Don't let the people who play the first two missions and dislike it discourage you; the first couple missions are basically extended tutorials, and are kind of boring. It starts ramping up after that. Expand
  48. Jun 18, 2013
    Generic run and gun action game. Difficult to tell any characters apart, very bland design. Enemies uninteresting. The focus is more on shooting than on the powers you are supposed to have making it quite generic. Levels are maze like and frustrating. There is no way to know what the drops/ pickups do so you never know if something is worth it. UI and controls don't feel natural, you oftenGeneric run and gun action game. Difficult to tell any characters apart, very bland design. Enemies uninteresting. The focus is more on shooting than on the powers you are supposed to have making it quite generic. Levels are maze like and frustrating. There is no way to know what the drops/ pickups do so you never know if something is worth it. UI and controls don't feel natural, you often don't know what you are supposed to press to do something. Not really worth your time. Expand
  49. May 28, 2013
    This game is a mmofps co-op i dont know what to say but the game sound is terribe like bf series,turud turdur tudur boom boom bam boom,yeah this is how the music plays in combat and the enemies like that,merr miarr merr,this game needs improvements the craft system is ok,the menu is bad i loved the old menu like you had info of the mission but now you dont you only see info on events ifThis game is a mmofps co-op i dont know what to say but the game sound is terribe like bf series,turud turdur tudur boom boom bam boom,yeah this is how the music plays in combat and the enemies like that,merr miarr merr,this game needs improvements the craft system is ok,the menu is bad i loved the old menu like you had info of the mission but now you dont you only see info on events if you press the event at the ALERT tab i dont recommend this game it's a bad game i will get back on the release Expand
  50. Sep 11, 2013
    I think the people making this game are a little greedy, The price of platinum is extreme. They need to make the levels playable for 1 player and they need a grouping system to help players meet. I have a few friends on steam but none like this game so I have to find other players playing a level then hope they decide to join with me in the levels i haven't completed. The level up systemI think the people making this game are a little greedy, The price of platinum is extreme. They need to make the levels playable for 1 player and they need a grouping system to help players meet. I have a few friends on steam but none like this game so I have to find other players playing a level then hope they decide to join with me in the levels i haven't completed. The level up system takes a while 20 odd hrs playing many levels over and over. Maybe I am not great at the game. I think they need to make the Warframes interact with the AI better too like in Ninja gaiden where you can jump on them. making melee attacks have more flow. I do like the graphics, I do like the gun customization. They should have tutorials or recommendations about how to level up Warframe, rifle, pistol, melee weapon.

Im not sure on the reward system but maybe Warframes should unlock instead of having to buy platinum play a level of each war frame ???

Also the menu for weapons should be suited to class, Why have a lvl 4 weapon when im level 2?

gave it a 7
    maybe 2/10 for price of platinum,
    7/10 for originality
    8/10 graphics
    10/10 for fun (when you find a good group of people to play with)
    7/10 for difficulty
    2/10 for sound effects that lady says the same thing over and over.
    4/10 for level layout. have to do levels over and over.
    0/10 game lobby (where is the game lobby)
    2/10 for tutorial maybe tutorial till you reach level 2 as in make level up easier until players know each element of the game

This game could be one of the best games but has a few things they need to improve on. Thus i havent yet invested into platinum as the short comings make me want to play other games

If they fix the issues i mentioned it will be more appealing to players, creating a larger community.
  51. Sep 12, 2013
    Very fun and entertaining, however no game is perfect and neither is Warframe. The melee combat in it's current state feels rather gimmicky, it really boils down to just mashing the melee button repeatedly until your enemy dies. Shooting fairs much better and it's satisfying to pick off your enemies from afar using the game's large arsenal, whether it be an automatic rifle or a good oldVery fun and entertaining, however no game is perfect and neither is Warframe. The melee combat in it's current state feels rather gimmicky, it really boils down to just mashing the melee button repeatedly until your enemy dies. Shooting fairs much better and it's satisfying to pick off your enemies from afar using the game's large arsenal, whether it be an automatic rifle or a good old fashioned bow. This leads me to my next problem with the game. I know that Digital Extremes has put in considerable effort into making newer environments for the game, however, it still isn't enough. Long range encounters are a rarity and it completely eliminates the need for you to ever touch the sniper rifle. Levels often take place in ships and tight corridors, which is still fun, but when overused in the way that warframe does, after a few sessions the game starts to feel like a grind, and you really get tired of the visuals, which is a shame considering Warframe has beautiful graphics, but it is marred by the repetitive art style and level design. Having said this, it still isn't enough to keep me from playing this game as it offers a great upgrade system of mods for weapons and warframe, as well and satisfying and responsive gunplay, you'll have no regrets jumping into this game, especially since the game is free and the devs are already starting to address the problems I have listed. Expand
  52. Dec 22, 2013
    It baffles me how this game is flawed, even for an indie beta game. I wouldn't mind it too much having bugs in a beta, I did my shares of beta and I know what it entails, what bothers me is what is not there. First, how do you expect to get new people to enjoy the game when the tutorial is so horrible?! I've never seen a tutorial so badly done, where almost nothing is explained. Sure, youIt baffles me how this game is flawed, even for an indie beta game. I wouldn't mind it too much having bugs in a beta, I did my shares of beta and I know what it entails, what bothers me is what is not there. First, how do you expect to get new people to enjoy the game when the tutorial is so horrible?! I've never seen a tutorial so badly done, where almost nothing is explained. Sure, you get to know to to move and kill enemies but that's it, some commands are not explained (like changing weapons, even though the tutorial *asks* you to do it, not even a "this key by default" prompt) the missions are not explained, the forge is not explained and neither are the mods. If the missions were easy to understand, it wouldn't be a problem but how you're supposed to know that, in order to capture a target (which you're ordered not to kill at any cost) you have to *shoot* it
    The game is pretty, I'll give it that, it's smooth, runs well and I will admit that the slick look of the warframes and the cooperative side of it is what got me to try. The cooperative is more "free for all" than real cooperation, with people rushing in to get the goods before the others.
    A big disappointment for me, and I might give it another try when the glaring flaws have been fixed.
  53. Jan 4, 2014
    Trust reviewers, this game is a mediocre experience. I do belive if we haven't got this trend in gaming to give games higher ratings than they deserve, Warframe would have been given max 5/10 I'm 100% sure.
    1. The game isnt enjoyable except first 2,3 days.
    2. Kinesthetics sucks. 3. Gameplay is not balanced. 4. Playing seems pointless 5. This game looks and seems stupid 6. Is poorly
    1. The game isnt enjoyable except first 2,3 days.
    2. Kinesthetics sucks.
    3. Gameplay is not balanced.
    4. Playing seems pointless
    5. This game looks and seems stupid
    6. Is poorly designed (in every possible way!).
    This game is good for newbies. Experienced players will find it boring. Very quickly.
  54. Oct 15, 2014
    I couldn't get into the art, the story is sub par compared to what's out there. The missions are a repeat, rehash...and get pretty boring fairly quickly. The parkuor stuff was neat, but they don't expand on it's gameplay at all.

And the ai feels dated by roughly ten years.

I feel not much thought was put into this game other than the store items...
  55. Oct 15, 2014
    Having played it for a decent period of time (and having died A LOT), I feel that this game takes the Free to Play system and turned it into an amazing game.
    The graphics are more or less flawless (even my graphically challenged laptop could run it to where it was a beautiful game).
    The parts where you can use money are for gear that you can build for free with time and energy. The
    The gameplay is explained enough through the tutorial to where a fresh beginner can play it casually to understand the basics and still enjoy the game (many top-notch F2P games like DotA 2 struggle in this aspect)
    The story is interesting and the characters likable- even in aspects where the game gets repetitive (at least in my experience...) the game still manages to be very enjoyable (unlike many other top-notch games that focus on repetition... I'm looking at YOU World of Warcraft...). I don't mind slaughtering the same horde of Grineer a few times, I need the materials on the planet and I enjoy the massacre. Sometimes I go just for the genocide.
    Even more fun with friends.
    My only complaint is that I wish there was a 5th slot- my DotA 2 team recommended this game to me but I can't play with the whole team... there's 5 player slots in DotA.

One of the best games I have ever played and my second favorite game for the PC. (Second only to DotA 2 in terms of my preference.)
    10/10 Can't wait to put more hours into it.
  56. Sep 6, 2014
    It's a game about space ninjas destroying space nazis and futuristic EA representatives. I don't think I need to say any more here.

SPACE NINJAS.
    IN SPACE.
    WITH SPACE GUNS
    FIGHTING SPACE CLONES AND SPACE MERCHANTS AND SPACE ZOMBIES.
    IN SPACE.
  57. Oct 16, 2014
    Great game super fun with friends never played anything like it i love the large updates i runs fantastic on all computers i have tried it on and has beautiful level design
  58. Mar 28, 2013
    Really fun game, really fast-paced, and with a shockingly good style. It doesn't feel like a free game at all; it's polished and responsive. However, it is free. It gets a little repetitive after a while, but not enough for me to bother knocking off a point. It's also only like 1.2 GB, so the download is fast. Usually games with small downloads have either minimal content, or badReally fun game, really fast-paced, and with a shockingly good style. It doesn't feel like a free game at all; it's polished and responsive. However, it is free. It gets a little repetitive after a while, but not enough for me to bother knocking off a point. It's also only like 1.2 GB, so the download is fast. Usually games with small downloads have either minimal content, or bad graphics. Not the case here; there's tons of content, and the graphics are actually quite impressive. It looks better in person than the screenshots do, because of all the nice specular effects, reflections, and glowing things.

Also, you can wall-run, and it doesn't even feel like a cheap anime wall-run. Any game that manages to make wall-running seem serious and realistic deserves cookies.

Keep in mind, I also enjoyed Rengoku and Dark Souls, two games known for requiring long, difficult persistence to get anywhere meaningful, so this game may seem monotonous to you if you played Dark Souls or Rengoku and thought they were boring.
  59. Aug 4, 2013
    Amazing gameplay and graphics. But Lord o Lord it gets boring quickly. First of all, there is nothing in the game that is challenging in terms of difficulty. You could pretty much walk through enemies and bosses and laugh at how easy they die. The levels, bar some variations are pretty much the same and enemies variation is lacking to say the least. The loot, which we all love and cherishAmazing gameplay and graphics. But Lord o Lord it gets boring quickly. First of all, there is nothing in the game that is challenging in terms of difficulty. You could pretty much walk through enemies and bosses and laugh at how easy they die. The levels, bar some variations are pretty much the same and enemies variation is lacking to say the least. The loot, which we all love and cherish is uninspired and boring. It basically consists of the same weapons plans and mods with no variations to power. The game could have inspired itself from random loot generation in the likes of Diablo and Borderlands, but decided otherwise. This pretty much means everyone has the same weapons, the same mods and the same warframes which in my opinion provides no attachment to the character or sense of character uniqueness to the player. Last but not least is the cash shop. While I got a bundle at -75% steam summer sale, the normal prices are just too steep for any player. In addition, the only access to platinum (the currency used to purchase weapons and warframes directly, i.e. without crafring) is through the cash shop, contrary to some other f2p games where it is possible to gain small amount of the coveted currency through challenges or as rewards for difficult content.
    All in all, it is a good game to try and the free to play model should be incentive enough to try it out. But I would not spend more time on it since its novelty wears down pretty quickly.
  60. Mar 30, 2013
    Combine Mass Effect with Diablo, add some ninjas, and Warframe is what comes out. Structured around 4-man instanced missions, Warframe has a large variety of map objectives with random secondaries being added during the mission. Overall, the randomization is pretty strong, piecing together gigantic levels that are easy to get lost in. Exploration is rewarded with rare mats, bonus cash, andCombine Mass Effect with Diablo, add some ninjas, and Warframe is what comes out. Structured around 4-man instanced missions, Warframe has a large variety of map objectives with random secondaries being added during the mission. Overall, the randomization is pretty strong, piecing together gigantic levels that are easy to get lost in. Exploration is rewarded with rare mats, bonus cash, and EXP for all your equipment. The leveling system doesn't increase the stats of your gear but instead how many mods you can slot into your equip (and how strong); combined with a low level cap of 30 (for each gear piece), it's easy for new players to jump in while veterans are rewarded with stronger mods. Everything in the cash shop, apart from skins & colors, are purchasable in game or are craftable. My only major complaint right now is that the environment variety is a bit slim. Overall, Warframe is a well balanced third person shooter with tons of customization and replay value. Expand
  61. Jun 3, 2013
    Let me clarify: levels are randomly generated everytime- It takes an hour of gameplay to realize this. Running out of lives doesn't mean you can't play anymore- you just can't revive for the level if you die after being incapacitated and you're not saved by teammates in time. No gameplay changing content is locked from free players- It's all behind random drop tables.. And if you think theLet me clarify: levels are randomly generated everytime- It takes an hour of gameplay to realize this. Running out of lives doesn't mean you can't play anymore- you just can't revive for the level if you die after being incapacitated and you're not saved by teammates in time. No gameplay changing content is locked from free players- It's all behind random drop tables.. And if you think the grinding and crafting systems are harsh, let me tell you you haven't played enough F2P games.
    You should take Warframe for what it is- a run'n'gun time with friends whenever you have a break. and how comes none mentioned the stunning particle effects? It looks like a tech demo at times!
  62. Jun 3, 2013
    What I like about the game: Visual is important, and this game freakin’ delivers. It’s beautiful from loading to menus to actual game play. If it looks like crap to you, get a new pc. It’s extreme sci-fi with laser gun fighting ninjas. Yea, no kidding. I like the over-the-shoulder play style, and the melee is a BLAST! This is because the second best piece of this game is the fluidity inWhat I like about the game: Visual is important, and this game freakin’ delivers. It’s beautiful from loading to menus to actual game play. If it looks like crap to you, get a new pc. It’s extreme sci-fi with laser gun fighting ninjas. Yea, no kidding. I like the over-the-shoulder play style, and the melee is a BLAST! This is because the second best piece of this game is the fluidity in player movement. You can move with basic controls forward, back, left, right, mouse to aim or combine keys for additional moves like sprinting into a slide (which btw, makes you look awesome), jumping on the back of enemies to slit their throats, and even wall-walking. When you start off, you can choose between three ‘classes’ and after a short tutorial, you’re careening through the solar system. The Lotus system is decent, the objective map is helpful, and the enemies aren’t complete morons they’ll duck and hide and move according to where you are and hiding. Not to mention, the upgrade options for your warframe and weapons are simple to use and fun and there’s always blueprints you can find or purchase to build with components you find in certain parts of the system. God dang, there’s too much to say!! There’s clans you can create with your own clan dojo, you can play with friends (up to 4 at a time), solo or join random players. There’s a market to buy and trade stuff and.. and… and…. it’s friggin' ninjas in the future with dyable suits!!! Did I mention this game is free? 100% free? Free to download, free to play, free to level. Paying only speeds up advantages you’ll otherwise find yourself. OH… and it’s run through Steam! cheers!

What I don’t like about the game: Sometimes the Lotus chick feeding you info is dumb and annoying and tends to repeat the same things map after map. This is a small complaint though, because even if her comments aren’t exactly original, they are helpful and accurate. There is a lot to learn in a short amount of time what storage containers and canisters do, what the objects are for (cuz there’s a crap ton), and dealing with the menus. None of these are deal breakers however, they just require a slight learning curve. The only thing that drives me crazy over this game is the lighting contrast. In some ships it’s meant to be dark and it’s a little difficult to navigate through. But then in training sequences or promotions, the blinding WHITE is painful and most of us (friends included) just sped through it to make the bleeding from our eyeballs stop!

Would I recommend it: It’s FRIGGIN free!!! What is wrong with you? Login to Steam, search for it and download it. No seriously. NOW. Even if you hate it, it’s worth a try. Please note: It’s currently in Beta and updates frequently, but for a Beta it’s very complete and you won’t give a crap.

//Made G-Rated for Metacritic
  63. Jul 8, 2013
    ich finde das spiel echt genial wenn man sich seine 20 stunden yeit nimmt um es kennen zu lernen es gibt ständig events coole waffen hammer skills und eine gute flüßige spielweise es errinert mich ein wenig an GUNZ Online nur das dies hier viel gelungender ist
  64. Jan 10, 2015
    Time to write a proper review and tell You gamers out there how bad “Warframe” really is. Since my first post has been taken down. I’m an early closed Beta tester over 2 years now, and I doubt many have my experience and knowledge about the game, so listen.

What you get: (after 2 years) -100+ Missions sharing . . . -only 5 Maps with extremely repetitive map layout -few gamemodes with

What you get: (after 2 years)
    -100+ Missions sharing . . .
    -only 5 Maps with extremely repetitive map layout
    -few gamemodes with the objective to kill all or defend and kill all
    -a very very very bad AI, best at not killing you
    -quiet bad game sound, most of us players have Warframe muted
    -long loading & connecting times between missions (SSD & 8-core)
    -lag, due to player hosted at every time
    -30fps or lower due to the extremely bad optimised “Evolution Engine” (GTX 970)
    -and a game being in beta for 2 years, only getting worse -> most importantly more PAY2WIN.

Digital Extreme: Ninjas Play Free!
    Players: Cool. Well it took me 5 hours but now I got this blueprint for my second weapon, what do I do with it?
    Digital Extreme: (Grins) First you farm a lot for the resources then you’re going to wait 12 more hours for it to finish. OR you buy the weapon in the market for 5€ only.
    Players: Oh okay, ill craft it overnight then. (night passes) Wait, now it says I don’t have enough inventory space for it, what can I do? And what about Warframes?
    Digital Extreme: Pay us.

I know, to make something it takes money, or passion. They have enough money, easily – but have no idea how to make a game – good. Grindfest =/= Fun. They don’t listen to the community. They nerf and delete things we liked, worked ingame and implement things we never need or asked. The Devs ignore even the simplest requests. I have yet to see a more arrogant bunch of developers.

No lore, you can fantasize about it, but there is none.
    No quests, you can call your missions quests if you want, that’s what the developers do.
    No endgame, you read right, no endgame. Just the same missions and enemies all over again.

But the best (worst) part about the game is the progression (experience) mechanic. Using your cool stuff to level up sounds really good, but not in Warframe. I wont go into details but I can say to use your weapon/warframe you have to level it to 30. Which takes many hours!
    Digital Extreme: But wait, you can buy boosters to level quicker! And a catalyst to make it 60 (not just 30)!

That’s basically what you (cant) hear but see everywhere in the whole game. Pay us & grind free.
    I discussed a lot with people why Warframe has such a high user scoring on “Metacritic” and we came to the point it’s because about the first few hours, it looks good, many weapons, warframes and a lot to do.

Every update just includes more weapons MUCH more to grind, just to level them and throw away afterwards, nothing fun. There are no improvements, no engine fixes, no nothing. You spam 1 key ingame and win.

It is addicting somewhat somehow (at first), you want more, better weapons, the best actually! 50 hours of grind is enough and you will have access to everything ingame. And that’s exactly the point you realize how much time you wasted and now that you finally have your weapon - there’s nothing more.
  65. Apr 18, 2013
    Summary: Warframe is a third-person action shooter free to play that is somewhat pay to win. Regardless of trying to avoid the cash shop you still have to to get extra slots for your Warframes and Guns which is much needed as you play further. The difficulty of the game also hangs in the balance on your credit card balance. So I enjoyed the game and paid 50 dollars to be a founder to get aSummary: Warframe is a third-person action shooter free to play that is somewhat pay to win. Regardless of trying to avoid the cash shop you still have to to get extra slots for your Warframes and Guns which is much needed as you play further. The difficulty of the game also hangs in the balance on your credit card balance. So I enjoyed the game and paid 50 dollars to be a founder to get a new Warframe and some value Platinum and restarted and soloed at the beginning with this new Frame with weapons bought from Cash Shop and was it a lot easier over my first Warframe that had massive amounts of difficulty on the first parts. As you get further though all Cash Shop weapons are purchasable even by in-game money but you have to build most of the awesome ones via blueprints.

Graphics and Visuals: There is nothing truly outstanding in this game that you haven't seen before. Nothing really game breaking or amazing. The bloom though is overtoned to the point where I had to turn it off because White Warframes are blindly bright.

Sound, Music, and Voice Acting: Nothing you haven't heard before. Guns go boom. Enemies scream. There is one hilarious thing where you capture people and they are just screaming their heads off though it'll get tiring after awhile. The music may be repetitive but I never get tired of it! It gets me pumped and is truly amazing. The drums and the beat just gets you pumped and wanting to shoot everything! Voice acting... well... there's not much to go by here. The game has some stupid alerts though. I mean really irrelevant like telling me what type bad guys are up ahead but later in the game that becomes useful as you'll run into a variety of them. One thing that was really stupid was saying "Something is wrong, there is a heavy unit approaching." I'M SHOOTING UP THEIR ENTIRE BASE/SHIP! Of course something is wrong!

Story: This is non existent. Seriously. Bad guys are taking over the universe. You are a killer robot. Stop them. After that... yep nothing.

Difficulty and Replay Value: You won't see any real challenge if you use the cash shop at the start. This game will be extremely hard at the start and end if you don't use it. The end game gets a lot harder with or without cash shop. This game is extremely repetitive but it keeps my interest so it is hit or miss for people. You shoot you run you rinse and repeat until you complete the 1 of 5 different objectives.

Multiplayer: Well it's an MMO... there is no PvP and I'd certainly hope so because only certain guns are worth using and are overpowered. Not to mention those who buy via cash shop would have an unfair advantage early levels.

Overall: This game is nothing special and nothing great. It's a game that will either stick to you or not. I enjoy the game so I like it but... even then my score isn't going to be biased. It's a 4 out of 10... because... well it's nothing game breaking or new... I just really enjoy being a killer robot lol.
  66. Jun 24, 2013
    This game is nothing but a soulless third person shooter. There is absolutely no storyline. They didn't even try to write something. You are that and that and shoot them. Why? Who cares? SHOOT THEM! Okay. I've seen games like that... like L4D2. But that was awesome because of the lot of guns and the lot of cool enemies to shoot the hell out of. And one big stab... This game is repetitiveThis game is nothing but a soulless third person shooter. There is absolutely no storyline. They didn't even try to write something. You are that and that and shoot them. Why? Who cares? SHOOT THEM! Okay. I've seen games like that... like L4D2. But that was awesome because of the lot of guns and the lot of cool enemies to shoot the hell out of. And one big stab... This game is repetitive as hell... You go on a mission. The place looks cool... but if you play on that one little place again for the 16th mission. It is just absolutely stupid, boring and as I said soulless. You shouldn't play this game. Not a second. If you want to have a Co-op third person fun time then play Gears of War. 10 times better. Expand
  67. Jul 25, 2013
    Putting nearly 350 hours into this game has given me numerous thoughts about it as a whole.
    1. Game play, certainly the most important part of any game, and warframe has much of it and it is generally good fun all around, it could use a lot of polish but that is to be expected. 9/10
    2. Graphics, the game is pretty no doubt. 8/10 3. Sound, Meh everything more or less gets the job done,
    2. Graphics, the game is pretty no doubt. 8/10
    3. Sound, Meh everything more or less gets the job done, though numerous times weapon sounds have been changed to absolutely terrible results, others (very few) are changed to sounding better then before. 7/10
    4. Polish, this is truly where warframe suffers the greatest, a complete lack of polish. Bugs are constantly getting fixed, but with each fix brings twice as many bugs needing to be fixed. Rarely do these bugs break the game at all but when a bug that makes the game hard to play does show up it is usually fixed quite quickly. 6/10
    5. Free-To-Play Elements, While yes everything that can be bought with real money can also be crafted in game, neither way is truly good, Real Money trading is ridiculously overpriced, 15-20 dollars for a gun? Really? And crafting results in depending upon a hilariously intentionally broken RNG system. Now to the dreaded 'alert system' while this function of the game is constantly being tweaked and changed it is still a terrible way to give us things. This game while not to the tune of Play-to-win, micro transactions, it is pay ALOT to not grind and sleep for a change. 6/10
    6. Developers, I dont have much good or bad to say about the developers but lets just say i believe Warframe would be better if another company handled it. 6/10

While this review may seem pitched towards the negative, i do enjoy the game a great deal and while grinding is a pain at least the game is actually fun to pay while grinding, which relieves much stress in playing it for hours to get something you need. Overall, try the game if your at all interested in it. Lets just hope Digital Extremes figures out how to run Warframe for the long run.
  68. Jun 6, 2013
    Forewarning this game is still in Open Beta expect bugs.

I've played about 50 hours. The premise is this game is very interesting, you are an assassin that can wear different suits known as "Warframes". These are essentially the different characters that you can play through the game. The gameplay is PvE which resembles Mass Effect 3 multiplayer with Crysis style suits and Diablo
    Forewarning this game is still in Open Beta expect bugs.

I've played about 50 hours.

The premise is this game is very interesting, you are an assassin that can wear different suits known as "Warframes". These are essentially the different characters that you can play through the game. The gameplay is PvE which resembles Mass Effect 3 multiplayer with Crysis style suits and Diablo style loot drops. Weapons and Warframes in this game can be bought with cash, in game currency, or built. Most weapons and Warframes can be made simply by farming the necessary resources. The progression of the game starts out quite slow as the grind to acquire materials and blueprints get quite tedious.

Warframe has severe balancing issues regarding the warframes themselves. Some warframes lack utility, while others are overpowered. Weapons also suffer from this same fate. Warframe introduces Mods to weapons, similar to perks in Call of Duty. Mods are also affected by a balance issue.

Bugs are quite apparent in gameplay and level design, which is to be expected from an open beta game. Warframe still has a lot of kinks which need to be ironed out before it can be a worthy title.

This game is supported through the purchase of platinum with can be used to purchase warframes and weapons. 75 platinum costs $5 USD, which cannot even cover costly warframes at 325 platinum. A warframe like Rhino for example would cost a ridiculous $20 USD! Platinum prices are too high, and are not competitive enough. I for one will not dump my money into something which rewards with so little value.

Overall the PvE is not compelling enough and lacks incentive to progress further into the game. Warframes are a hit and miss with some being fun, while others are utterly boring. Warframe does have potential, but expect a long road ahead.

Final score 6.5/10
  69. Aug 15, 2014
    Extremely repetitive. updates are turning into jokes. bugs everywhere. community is next to COD when it comes to smugness.The "dev streams" are more like sale pitches. "look whats coming, in 5 or so months and probably not much like what we are showing now"
  70. May 26, 2013
    Right now, the game has so little content it's not even worth mentioning, the platinum amount you pay for a single weapon or gear is absurd, and the warframes don't feel any different from each other at all, you only have the look and 4 different abilities, of which some of them are copy and paste on some characters. The gameplay is repetitive, the bosses aren't challenging and for that itRight now, the game has so little content it's not even worth mentioning, the platinum amount you pay for a single weapon or gear is absurd, and the warframes don't feel any different from each other at all, you only have the look and 4 different abilities, of which some of them are copy and paste on some characters. The gameplay is repetitive, the bosses aren't challenging and for that it won't last you a very good time. However, the developers are doing a great job taking feedback, and for that i have great expectations for the future of warframe, but right now, it isn't a pretty good game at all. Expand
  71. Apr 12, 2013
    Beta is beta people.. I was playing the game back when every mission had roughtly the same content so I waited a couple weeks and now there's a ton of new scenery. Thats kind of how beta's work, they are actively adding content to the game so reserve your negative reviews till launch. Then they are valid. Moving on, warframe is kind of the sweet spot for me and I am guessing a lot ofBeta is beta people.. I was playing the game back when every mission had roughtly the same content so I waited a couple weeks and now there's a ton of new scenery. Thats kind of how beta's work, they are actively adding content to the game so reserve your negative reviews till launch. Then they are valid. Moving on, warframe is kind of the sweet spot for me and I am guessing a lot of gamers. First off having a coop only game was a pretty bold move and I would say it's a resounding success, so kudo's for that. While this game does make you wonder how cool pvp would be it still stands, imo, solidly as it is. I love so far how the game unfolds and how you slowly discover abilities of the warframe as you gain familiarity especially as regards advanced wallrunning and combat. Last night I realized I could power up my main abilities by fusing mods so I torqued up a sprint mod and got in a higher lvl mission with some more experienced players. I was flying through the objectives doing crazy wall running trying to keep up with these guys who knew all the shortcuts.. So much fun, being a space ninja has never been this badass. The art style is reminiscent of manga, but in a good way, because some manga is terri-bad. There is a nice diversity of warframes, weapons and playstyles available which should keep things interesting for some time. Also new content like dojos, clan structering, etc.. is in the works. The f2p model is working for me so far though expect to grind for new stuff which instead of buying outright you buy a blueprint for and then find crafting materials on missions to create content in your foundry, a main menu crafting screen.
    The high pointsfor me here are the slick art direction and music, space ninja theme in a variety of deadly flavors(stealth to hulk) and rpg elements that hardcore gamers crave. I don't knowk, games tend to all go stale on me after two months so if I at least get that I'm happy and I expect too. Play this game!
  72. Dec 9, 2013
    I would have given it a "1" for effort but after all the deception and abuse of the customers I just can not.
    Currently there are 27 pages including 540 postings by extremely angry players of this game on the Warframe forums regarding the ill treatment we have received at the hands of this company.
    - Free to play? Before you invest your time and money in this potentially wonderful but
    - Free to play?
    Before you invest your time and money in this potentially wonderful but actually disappointing game please read on.
    Welcome to Warframe where you will be asked to invest real money to buy in game platinum currency which is used in a nonrefundable manner to purchase items that improve your otherwise useless "free" weaponry.
    Then watch your weaponry (for which you have paid real money) get arbitrarily destroyed by nerfing. While new items are then offered to you in the market for real cash to replace your now useless weapons.
    Alternatively you will be asked to grind out 100 missions in a "special Event" for a promised reward weapon.
    You do the grind you get a nice weapon that looks worth investing real cash in in order to make it a respectable end game weapon. Then weeks later after spending your real money and wihtout any warning the nice weapon you got gets basically destroyed by a major nerf from the developers and the weapon is simply no longer useful.
    This has been a recurring theme for this game for months now and the veteran gamers are extremely unhappy with this business model.
    The developers have repeatedly encouraged players to spend real money on an allegedly F2P game to get decent weaponry and then they have repeatedly trashed those weapons to the point of uselessness only to introduce a new weapon for real currency rinse and repeat.

Case in point a weapon called the Soma offered for sale for real cash and a weapon slot purchased for real money weapon purchased then subsequently the stats significantly change from the purchased weapon stats rendering it far worse and in fact useless in many parts of the game.
    Case in point -
    A weapon called the strunwraith shotgun offered as a reward for time invested in special event which the developers used to test a new game format.
    Event done weapon awarded then subsequently "nerfed" to the point of being put back on the shelf. Oh yes this weapon also consumed real cash for a weapon slot and for upgrades to make it truly useful.
    Current Case in point -
    A weapon called the Brakk again an event reward for running over 100 missions! 100 mission! That is a HUGE investment.
    And again the warframe developers arbitrarily ruined the weapon after many people had invested real cash upgrading it too.

The behavior of the game developer here, DE, is at best abusive and indifferent to the gaming community. But it also constitutes engaging in deceptive and unethical business practice.
    I would strongly encourage the gaming community to avoid spending any more real cash on this game until a little well deserved respect is shown and this reprehensible bait and switch business practice is terminated .
    If you don't believe me then go to the warframe forums page and read the now 27 pages of 540 postings of extremely angry gamers. It says way more than I ever could.
    Avoid this game like the plague.
  73. Jul 31, 2013
    The game could still use some work, but overall it's a solid game. The graphics are very nice and the game play is exceptionally fun. The concept of the game is interesting and with future updates could become perfect, but that is up to the developer to decide. The ability to play solo, with friends, or with random players, allows flexibility with anyone's gaming style and there is a lotThe game could still use some work, but overall it's a solid game. The graphics are very nice and the game play is exceptionally fun. The concept of the game is interesting and with future updates could become perfect, but that is up to the developer to decide. The ability to play solo, with friends, or with random players, allows flexibility with anyone's gaming style and there is a lot of customization you can do with your character. Granted without the ability to trade items with other players makes it a little harder to obtain some items, it does allow for a more satisfying feeling when you finally find the item that you've been wanting for awhile.

The game does feature an ingame store but I have yet to find a reason to actually use it. Most if not all of the items available in the store can be found in the game world, and seeing as the majority of content is PVE there really aren't too many things that could be considered overpowered.

It's a fun game and players should at least give it a chance before looking at the 69 that meta critic has given it.
  74. Aug 6, 2013
    This is a game that I love, but totally understand why many do not. This is a game that is not for everyone. I am sure people who were fans of MMOs and Diablo will find more to like than other players.

This is an action based game but it does get repetitive. Unless you are willing to drop some cash on new weapons and Warframes then you will spend a good amount of time either grinding levels or farming for crafting items.

One measure of a good free to play for me boils down to one question: Can you unlock everything without spending money? This is true with nearly everything in game.(for the exception of cosmetic upgrades) The real money market is quite pricey though but you can acquire new weapons in a relative short amount of time. Different planets drop different gear, this means you will be jumping around quite a bit from one to the next trying to find the crafting gear you need.

This game is great fun, but it is not for everyone. If you do not like grinding then you should look somewhere else. If you like Diablo, then you will find a lot to like. (It is the best grinding for level and gear comparison I can make)

Graphics are great, some levels can feel the same after awhile and they are quite large so there is a learning curve to following the objective marker. When you first start out you will get lost and left behind. Solo missions are good for leveling up, but the game is not well suited for it. Solo you will be faced with almost overwhelming odds, adds a good amount of challenge but can be unfair especially with missions that require you to carry data packages and they take away your primary weapon for half the mission.

Overall great game. It is still being improved upon and it keeps getting better.
  75. May 12, 2013
    With it being a FREE game (and i wish i didn't have to start with that) it is extremely addicting and fun to play, no, it's nothing inspirational or revolutionary, but it is with out a doubt a satisfying game that i would gladly pay atleast 30$ for.

If you just want to try it out, go ahead! It is not game that you MUST play alot to have fun or even be good at. But at the same time you are rewarded if you do decide to play it tons.

I would recommend this game to every single PC gamer simply because i don't see how anyone could not ATLEAST have a few hours of fun with this game.....and hey, a fun time for free? who wouldn't be down for that.
  76. Jul 30, 2013
    Warframe is only in beta and yet i still find it worth coming back to for more game play. The devs seem to take care and pride in their product and keep trying to push it forward with improvements and content. Having the ability to be completely free-to-play is a huge plus when its fun enough to drop a little money on the warframe and/or weapons that would fit your desired play style. IfWarframe is only in beta and yet i still find it worth coming back to for more game play. The devs seem to take care and pride in their product and keep trying to push it forward with improvements and content. Having the ability to be completely free-to-play is a huge plus when its fun enough to drop a little money on the warframe and/or weapons that would fit your desired play style. If anything, the game is well worth a try. Expand
  77. Nov 9, 2013
    Well it is a great game... at first, the issue is it gets very boring very quickly. Repetitive levels and missions that usually consist of going to a location doing something and getting out whilst hacking everything in your path to bits as you do so. It has no real story no sense of achievement just mindless hack and slash and if that's what you look for in a game go for it, after all it is free.
  78. Feb 13, 2014
    This game will be dead in a couple of years fighting against consoles that will wipe your *** for you. So take your year 2035 and suck it Warframe lmao!
  79. Apr 6, 2013
    This game has a good idea behind it, and its obvious that a huge amount of work went into the graphics and gameplay. Sadly, the product is a jakny mess, with melee combat feeling as smooth as driving a forklift, the guns lacking satisfying punch, and several of the warframe class based abilities being downright useless (loki, Im looking at you) this game is in dire need of some polish. AddThis game has a good idea behind it, and its obvious that a huge amount of work went into the graphics and gameplay. Sadly, the product is a jakny mess, with melee combat feeling as smooth as driving a forklift, the guns lacking satisfying punch, and several of the warframe class based abilities being downright useless (loki, Im looking at you) this game is in dire need of some polish. Add to that the problem of hideously occurring environments and enemies, and you have a great looking, great sounding game which leaves me just wanting something more. I feel like the problem was that the dev team made the game, complete with assets and game logic, without asking the opinion of anyone NOT involved with the project. Were I making a passion project, and just wanted to make a butt-baby of MGS and Ninja Gaiden, this would be a visually acceptable result. However, I, personally, dont have all that much attachment to this game's visuals (well made though they may be), so the game's numerous and glaring gameplay flaws force me to give this game a 4. Expand
  80. Jul 20, 2013
    Been playing this game since open beta weekend. The developer team is pretty awesome, and patch quit often to fix any bugs that make it out into the open. They also listen to their community and take into consideration a lot of good feed back.

The ONLY downside to this game is that there are a lot of people in the community that like to complain, but if you can get passed that, you get to play a solid, well polished game, that looks more like a triple A game than a indie game.

On a side note, I find it irritating that this game has a review already, and the only somewhat valid reason this game has a rating is that they are selling in game products, but that is easily shot down when you take into consideration other games being pre-ordered, and green-light games.

If anything, give this game a try. Decide for yourself by doing a little research at the Warframe wiki while you play. You aren't wasting anything but time since its a F2P.
  81. Apr 24, 2013
    It was fun for the first few days then when I realized I hit the end of their content at the last unexplored planet I got bored very fast. The other warframes just aren't really anything to obsess over and work farming several weeks for. Sorry but they just not unique enough especially when the game is so easy and hey arn't even needed anyway. Same thing goes for the weapons. Boring andIt was fun for the first few days then when I realized I hit the end of their content at the last unexplored planet I got bored very fast. The other warframes just aren't really anything to obsess over and work farming several weeks for. Sorry but they just not unique enough especially when the game is so easy and hey arn't even needed anyway. Same thing goes for the weapons. Boring and not worth farming for after you hit the end of the content. If you want me to grind the repetitive levels endlessly for weeks to get something to drop you have to make it worth doing. That said it's free to play. I didn't expect much, didn't get much, and lost nothing but time. Oh well... Expand
  82. Apr 18, 2013
    Really disappointed in this game. The characters design are uninspired, the weapons lack any kind of punch, the melee system is really buggy. Worse, the action seems sluggish, the gameplay can be summed up by "Walking on a straight line shooting thingees" with some "Crouch behind a wall to reload", and you've seen most of the enemies after 2 hours of gameplay.

In the end, it appears to

In the end, it appears to me like a shinier version of the ME3 multiplayer, without the fun. Shame.
  83. May 25, 2013
    Play it if you like or enjoy:
    Action Shoot+Slash games
    3rd person futuristic mecha character models Mod-able character and weapon abilities Free to Play with micro transactions for convenience A samurai/ninja motif for character weapons and abilities Keep playing it if you: Don't mind being limited in your resources or options based on cash transactions Don't mind grinding Have
    Play it if you like or enjoy:
    Action Shoot+Slash games
    3rd person futuristic mecha character models
    Mod-able character and weapon abilities
    Free to Play with micro transactions for convenience
    A samurai/ninja motif for character weapons and abilities

Keep playing it if you:
    Don't mind grinding
    Have friends who are also looking to play or if you can find a clan to join
    Can ignore occasional design elements that will frustrate you
    Don't mind relying on a RNG

Avoid it if you can't stand:
    Grinding
    No in game story
    Relying on a RNG
    Repetitive gameplay and enemies
    Being constantly reminded of the presence of micro transactions

This may be a beta, but short of giant sweeping changes to the entire game in regards to how it's played and structured, it could well be argued that what you see now is what you will see at release.
  84. Jun 2, 2013
    Its a Okay game, Not bad, Not Good. Its repetitive and you basically do the same thing over and over and over and over again. Interesting design but not especially innovative.
  85. Dec 10, 2013
    Warframe is an amazing game. It is, in my opinion, one of the best looking games to come out in the last 3 years and supplements extraordinary graphics with smooth and well integrated combat mechanics. The card-based upgrading system is simple yet effective and offers an astounding number of combinations allowing the player to customise his/her warframe to suit personal playingWarframe is an amazing game. It is, in my opinion, one of the best looking games to come out in the last 3 years and supplements extraordinary graphics with smooth and well integrated combat mechanics. The card-based upgrading system is simple yet effective and offers an astounding number of combinations allowing the player to customise his/her warframe to suit personal playing preferences.

The world is vibrant, colourful and you really feel like you are exploring a future solar system.
    Coop gameplay is really where the game excels. Playing with friends is addictive and fun. I have personally sunk more than 100 hours into such games with my friends and the experience has never gotten old.

A great game and definitely worth the money.
  86. Jan 17, 2014
    One of the best MMOs I've ever played. The graphics are really beautiful, it gets lots of updates and it's free to play. There is a marketplace where you can buy stuff with real money, but it's not really necessary. after playing for almost 100 hours, the only thing I bought was a color pack for my warframes.
    The best and the most important part of this game in my opinion is farming.
    The best and the most important part of this game in my opinion is farming. You'll need to farm to build yourself new frames and weapons. The farming in this game is fun, you can always choose which type of mission suites you best.
  87. Jan 23, 2014
    Warframes is worth a second look. Tha game is vastly improved. Gameplay is fun and fast paced. There is always stuff to do, and with the introduction of Trade this game reminds of of FPS/MMO.

This is a loot game at heart, as good as any MMO, but it is a over the shoulder shooter. I have to say do not trust the other reviews. Right now this game is actually the best shooter that is available on any platform. Better than Call of Duty and Battlefield. The fact that this game is available on PS4 and is free is just amazing, as it takes advantage of graphics of the PS4 which are just as good as any high end PC. The game is ongoing much like a massively multiplayer gamer, with updates of new warframes and weapons and levels that come out every month or two. The chat interface and trading between players. It has a few bugs, but they were fixed quickly. This game is not a rehash of those although it burrows heavily from many games. The game itself is beautiful and stylish and the developer deserves better review scores so I decided to write them a short review.

Warframe features space ninja combat suits called Tenno that wage war on ships, planets, and beautiful environments where regular humans would easily die. Let us just say these things are like Samurai/Ninja of the future or Green Berets/Speznaz of today. Warframes or Tenno as they are called are an elite and powerful force but they fight for good, although the game does not explain where they came from in detail. It gives you enough of a background to start. I should mention that they should explain how Mods, and Leveling up works a little bit better in the beginning. This game is deep and does take a while to get into. The interface can be daunting at the start, but jumping into a mission is easy as you go from planet to planet, and you kill enemies and get stronger.

The game is essentially about collecting loot, such as weapons, warframes, mods (which make you stronger). I've only played this game for about a month, and I must say that I cannot wait to go home and play this. Warframe is so amazing.

I would love to list all the great features that Warframe has such as a deep damage system, with different damage types against armor, flesh and robotic enemies. The game has some cool nad unique weapons such as ninja stars, glaive, and kunai. It also has the standard weaponry you would expect like flamethrowers, rocket launchers, bows, rifles, shotguns, machine guns. These weapons are so fun to play with they are almost like characters in themselves, as its fun as hell to install Mods, and Forma and Orokin reactors which make your weapons stronger. The weapons game is deep.

Moving around the environment, you can spring, slide, wall-run, and do some amazing maneuvers just like a Ninja would. Funny as that sounds.

The models and weapons are well designed. The other reviews did not give this game a proper look. The first time I played this, I was put off as well, and when I picked up this game a few weeks later I slowly started to get into it. This game is simply awesome. Take into account I am placing this game on PS4. And with the last few updates, the reviewers need to take a second look at Warframe.

The crafting game is deep, yet simple and all the items that cost you Platinum can be acquired in other ways. So people who are broke can get strong in this game too. I myself have craftet the flamethrower called Ignis, and the rocket launcher which has to be charged to fire. But my favorite weapon in Warframe is the SOMA rifle, it has a high amount of crit which can be modded for high critical damage shots. The game has in-game events which give you rewards and can be tackled with a group of friends. They also have void missions with keys which you acquire through different missions like defense. The void missions have extra powerful weapons and warframes which are called Primes and their blue prints can be acquired through running void missions. The recruitment chat is a good place to look for people to team up with for running Void missions.

They just released a new update today with Oberon Warframe, and new weapons, so I cannot wait to go home and play it. I highly recommend Warframe to anyone!
  88. Jul 19, 2013
    Space ninjas jumping off walls and kicking butt! whats not to like? the graphics are great and the level of combat is awesome.. people say that the cash shop is expensive but aside from the colors and cosmetics EVERYTHING can be earned by playing the game... the only downside I have seen is grinding (isn't every mmo game like that?) anyways because of that I would have gave this game likeSpace ninjas jumping off walls and kicking butt! whats not to like? the graphics are great and the level of combat is awesome.. people say that the cash shop is expensive but aside from the colors and cosmetics EVERYTHING can be earned by playing the game... the only downside I have seen is grinding (isn't every mmo game like that?) anyways because of that I would have gave this game like 8..mabey 9 but I gave it 10 because the developers that made this game LISTEN to the players! unlike sooo many others... Expand
  89. Apr 3, 2013
    Free to Play, great graphics, new updates pretty often and great gameplay. Looks like they are developing a lot of depth to the game with each large update they do. It will be fascinating to see this game evolve over the coming months. I can't wait to see what they add next. The first release of the game started pretty light on the content, but after a few updates, it's not getting aFree to Play, great graphics, new updates pretty often and great gameplay. Looks like they are developing a lot of depth to the game with each large update they do. It will be fascinating to see this game evolve over the coming months. I can't wait to see what they add next. The first release of the game started pretty light on the content, but after a few updates, it's not getting a lot heavier on the content and art sets. It's worth checking to see if it's your cup of tea. Expand
  90. Jun 1, 2013
    It is the greatest game I have played since.... I don't know. Its 100000% worth checking out, especially for a f2p. Its in beta and the devs really listen to your ideas on the forums. If you have a thread that lots of people agree with, the devs take a look at it. I have a thread that has over 112 rep in it, and the devs have noticed it. Its great.
  91. May 19, 2013
    A solid sword and gun third person co-op game for the low price of free. Excellent and well optimized graphics combined with visceral and satisfying sound and art design make this game a real joy to play.

You play as a mechanized ninja with a melee weapon and two ranged weapons jumping into very accessible online co-op (completely optional, it can be played solo) completing various objectives while fighting varied enemies from power armored opponents to robots to mutants.

The cash shop sells convenience only, all guns/warframes and items can be earned in game.

Having said that if you are the lazy sort with some disposable income the cash shop has fair prices that surprised me.

A solid game that's worth the time to play even in this saturated f2p market.
  92. Apr 27, 2013
    I've been playing this game for a day or two since I got it, and it is a very good game, with good single player and multi-player components. My only complaint, which is what keeps it from being a 9 or 10 is that it requires that you are online. Yes, I know that that is a stupid complaint, but it still bugs me. That aside, it has good online and good single-player components and is a gameI've been playing this game for a day or two since I got it, and it is a very good game, with good single player and multi-player components. My only complaint, which is what keeps it from being a 9 or 10 is that it requires that you are online. Yes, I know that that is a stupid complaint, but it still bugs me. That aside, it has good online and good single-player components and is a game I'd recommend to any fan of FPS or MMO style games. Expand
  93. Jul 15, 2013
    Game is good enough. Free to play game, and its fun when u play with some friends. Its still beta, and yes there are some bad things, but with every update game is better and better. There are some new levels with update 9. People complain abaout cost of warframe, but u can earn any warframe in game, and its not hard. PvP in clan dojo is also fun, if u have enough clan members. This FtPGame is good enough. Free to play game, and its fun when u play with some friends. Its still beta, and yes there are some bad things, but with every update game is better and better. There are some new levels with update 9. People complain abaout cost of warframe, but u can earn any warframe in game, and its not hard. PvP in clan dojo is also fun, if u have enough clan members. This FtP game is much better then a lot of AAA games with 50+ prices Expand
  94. Jul 26, 2013
    This game is fun with friends, is easy to run on any PC, and has a reasonable currency system. The only reason this game does not have a 10 from me is the fact it is PAINFULLY repetitive. I find myself only able to play maybe 2 hours at a time. If the game could have better variation and a good, well written, story mode, it would have a solid 10.
  95. Jul 29, 2013
    I played the game because I was seeking a Co-op experience with friends, and I'll admit I got quite a few hours put into it. After playing it, I wanted to create a review. I was really sick of seeing these polarized reviews of 10's or 0's because apparently giving a review is too difficult for some and would rather voice their bias to an extreme.

The graphics is one of the biggest

The graphics is one of the biggest pulling/attraction for Warframe and for good reason! Considering it was a F2P game as well, the graphics were on the high end. However, this can also be a con because not everyone has a great GFX. However, the graphics are only as good as what they put it on. Which goes to one of the biggest flaws of Warframe which is the lack of variety.

The game play of Warframe is fun for a while. You get a sword, four abilities, a gun and it is smooth for the most part. There are a few bugs, and there is a lack of sword combat (only a couple of moves). Until you get a new warframe "class", you'll be stuck with the same 4 abilities which does get boring. BUT, You get to parkour and be a ninja acrobat in space. It reminds me a lot of GunZ with all the free range of moving. Eventually you'll be using the exact same movements to get around and it'll just start feeling like a chore.

Warframe lacks in story and plot. It doesn't set in stone the lore through game play, it doesn't seem to reinforce much with the missions they do have, and it isn't very enthralling. You don't feel as epic as you should, and it creates this disinterest in the missions you're doing, which is already worse with their lack of variety(explained in the next paragraph). It is a weak plot which creates a lack of game missions to base off.

Warframe lacks in variety of maps and enemies. There are 3 types of enemies (Corpus/Robots, Infested/Aliens, and Grineer/Armored Aliens/Humanoids) and they only have about 5~ of each throughout the game. You see the exact same enemies throughout the game, with the same tactics but just stronger as you progress. The maps of the 3 types change a little which got me immersed in the first place. You get to see the 3 different environment types in the first couple of planets/missions. However, they didn't create anything more different in the later planets. They mix and match a little, however you'll start feeling you're seeing the exact same environment and it gets really repetitive of going through the same map over and over with just stronger/different enemies. There are 10 mission modes. The game types are very lack luster, you can go check the wiki or just play it. Either way, once you play the game modes once they're essentially always the EXACT SAME just on a different map (of the ones you played on already) with the other 2 enemy types. It get's repetitive and tedious. However, it's still a time sink like that and for me, I was able to play through multiple planets/lots of hours before I actually did get bored of it. On the other hand, there was a lack of strategy in the missions and they rarely changed within their missions, it was always the same kind of mission with no variety within itself.

One thing I was really excited for in this "Co-Op" game was the Boss fights. I loved games with boss fights like WoW Raids, BL2, etc. However, in Warframe, the Boss fights were EXTREMELY lackluster. You could practically just shoot and run in circles, and it would die. No strategy, hell you wouldn't even need to use your abilities.

Moving on to Warframe's customization. It is a long grind to get the "better" weapons and Warframes. I understand that from a F2P perspective, it was a "good" way, however the dev's did feel like kicking F2P on acquiring Warframes. You need to farm a boss for multiple pieces(hoping it'll drop) and have all the materials to create a warframe. However, the Devs I felt did a good job on the weapon aspect. The higher end better weapons of the game require actually farming/making the item, like the Flux Rifle which you CANNOT purchase. However, they are lacking in the variety of guns/weapons and they aren't totally different from each other. Some are just plain worse than others, which I would hope the devs will fix/improve later on.

I really enjoy their mod system, which you collect mods from random drops that can improve/change your weapons to make them better versus the enemies you encounter. It gives a lot of leeway to customization and the "best" mods require luck/grind which you CANNOT purchase. I think the unavailability of trading in Warframe is a good and bad, but I understand why it was not implemented. It would make grinding/farming for mods, materials, blueprints a lot less appealing and would get people to just buy them off each other which I would believe, ruin the game create a drop of play. However, you'll eventually realize what is the "best" mods agreed upon later on, but who cares (it goes for most games).

The game still does need polish, but it's a decent F2P but not worth spending
  96. Jan 1, 2015
    It fronts as a game about space ninjas, but there is no stealth or interesting ninja mechanics, it is a series of copy and pasted corridors with every mission playing out exactly the same as the last as you grind away at the same enemies. There is no story, there is no visceral combat, there is nothing much outside of spamming an ability, a fire arm, and a melee button at the same baddiesIt fronts as a game about space ninjas, but there is no stealth or interesting ninja mechanics, it is a series of copy and pasted corridors with every mission playing out exactly the same as the last as you grind away at the same enemies. There is no story, there is no visceral combat, there is nothing much outside of spamming an ability, a fire arm, and a melee button at the same baddies in the same corridors for hours and hours. Expand
  97. Oct 18, 2013
    You get a one. Why? For your complete disregard in combat mechanics for new players.

You completely try selling the game on the idea it's about ninja's, but then give them a fully automatic rifle, have the computer enemies fight like gears of war gods, and you have to stand there out in the open hoping to hit the target while absorbing as many bullets as possible. You may get lucky

You may get lucky by moving quick enough to hit them a few times with the sword, but by then you've already taken too much damage.

Oh the powers? Yeah they don't tell you that either, but what ACTUALLY makes you a real ninja in the game are your powers and you don't get those till later, nope it's full on pay 2 win and garbage style combat gameplay for ANYONE that tries to just jump in WITHOUT paying a dime.

Hey it's free to play! (You will not enjoy this.)

The only way you could possibly enjoy it at all is by forking out $39.99 if you really need all that, but if you're like me and just wanted to play free with your first 4 powers given to you that would've been great because ninjas were always about stealth, not stupidity.

I installed this game like everyone else that jumps in, immediately it was about everyone standing out in the open just firing out in the open like a very generic call of duty game.

If you wanted to play a game with better fighting mechanics you could've always just picked up some assassin creed games and enjoyed that.

I gave this 1 for the fact you can make the so called "ninjas" look good, but they don't actually "play well" when you use them for combat. You are not ninja.

To any of those people giving "10's" left and right you need to shut up, it's free go try it out!

No I'd rather go play Path of Exile, or even D3 rather then have one more second of painful agonizing torment of terrible "ninja wanna be's" flooding the internet's over done free 2 play- I mean pay 2 win gaming market.

I downloaded it off steam just like the rest of you people, you aren't fooling anyone, it's a joke of combat mechanics and you know it. I have no lag, no movement issues except for the fact you cannot dodge, evade, or move fluent enough through the game to actually get any value out of it even if you DID end up paying a crap ton of cash cause even then those 4 powers you use are limited to some sort of resource that expires too quickly in mid combat.

You get a "1" for "good looks" because that's about all there is.
  98. Mar 28, 2013
    One of my favorite online games at the moment, and guess what, ITS FREE! Love everything about this game, graphics are beautiful, gameplay is simple and very addictive, the online works very well when joining squads, customization is of a high standard and there's lots of different tenno's to play with and weapons also. I say, when you've got a good feel of the game and are doing well, buyOne of my favorite online games at the moment, and guess what, ITS FREE! Love everything about this game, graphics are beautiful, gameplay is simple and very addictive, the online works very well when joining squads, customization is of a high standard and there's lots of different tenno's to play with and weapons also. I say, when you've got a good feel of the game and are doing well, buy some platinum to spend on new things, because hey, honestly, I would have payed around $50 dollars if this game wasn't a free to play game. Amazing game, free and enjoyable! Download it! Expand
  99. Mar 28, 2013
    Surprisingly decent and fleshed out game for a f2p-action "shooter". However,there are quite a few problems with it right now. (check the review date)

Cons: Warframe is essentially a mix of shooter and hack and slash ninja melee combat that works quite well....up until you get to the harder levels and get matched up with braindead teammates against bulletsponging enemies. And that's where the main problem of this game (at least right now) is: The matchmaking is absolutely awful. You'll get thrown into running matches,sometimes right at the end of a mission or spawned in the middle of a huge enemy group, often unable to do anything before you get downed. Also,LAG. No dedicated servers. If the host of a match has bad connection, you will suffer from debilitating lag and teleporting enemies. And let me warn you of this right now: Soloplay is extremely hard and often simply impossible due to the spawns of enemies and damage they dish out. If you're downed and you have no teammates, you're instantly dead. You *can* revive yourself 4 times a day, but most missions are simply too hard to tackle solo right now. You *could* do the majority of missions stealthily,but again,the matchmaking strikes. Once you're teamed up with randoms,forget about stealth gameplay. They'll charge right into the enemy you're just creeping up on,raising alarm and ruining your chances of stealth for the rest of the mission.

Pros: The occasional match is *really* fun,and if you can find decent groups (basically,if you're lucky or have friends you can play with), this game can be an absolute blast. There's different ninja-esque moves that you can pull off like wallrunning,sliding and backflipping,and you can combine these different moves while not losing control over your character. This makes for some awesome moments as the moves feel really fluid and you can shoot while executing them. There's a lot of customization and rpg-elements, each weapon can be leveled and modded and each Warframe (Class) has different abilities and can also be modified. Lots of possibilities with different mod combinations on weapons, but there is a lot of luck and RnG involved. Some mods are really strong and boost your power a lot,but if you don't have luck and find one mod of that kind in a mission,you'll just never get it. Example: I've played with a mate for about 5 days and at one point he found a mod that boosts your shield capacity for 140% (after leveling it up once,he can level it up even further to get even more shield capacity). Shields are crucial for survival as they can be replenished quite quickly with another mod,and 140% shield capacity basically means he can take more than twice as much a pounding. This is a huge upgrade. In the 5 days we've played (about 45 hours) I haven't found this mod once,so I still am a lot more vulnerable than he is. Then again,I have a rifle that freezes,stuns and burns enemies at once and a frost-twohander that shatters and bursts foes into bits,and he didn't get as lucky with the elemental damage mods. The diceroll system is something to keep in mind,you might be craving for an awesome mod which you just wont find for days,and there currently is no other way to get or trade mods other than finding them during missions as enemy drops.

Customization+ F2P-modell: The selection of Warframes and weapons is decent right now. However, some weapons,warframes and all of the customization options are locked unless you're willing to pay...a LOT. The prices for the ingame currency are horrendous as they are right now. you won't get the majority of Classes and Weapons unless you pay at least 27€. for ONE class. or about 14€ for ONE weapon. A lot of cashmilking going on there,as most of these weapons are simply better than your standard loadout. You can unlock some weapons and even classes without paying,but it takes quite a while,especially the materials you need for the classes will take you weeks of grinding. You'll need to farm bosses for rare blueprints for classes and rare materials to craft those, and each of the three parts required to craft a Warframe ingame requires 3-4 different materials with 1-2 being rare. They then take 12hours and 15000credits (quite a lot) each to craft, and the warframe itself will take 3days and another 25.000 creds to complete. So you're looking at atleast a week of grinding *IF* you're extremely lucky with drops and spend your cash and time on nothing else,and another week of crafting that Warframe (class),which you will then need to level up from zero.

Summary: If you have a few people you can play with or your annoyance threshold for bad matchmaking and braindead teammates is high, I definetely recommend trying Warframe. However,unless you're willing to pay (a LOT), you won't be getting much diversity. Most missions are prolonged tuberuns,you'll always be following a set path with limited variation. If you enjoy games like Mass Effect,Quake or Ninja Gaiden, give this one a try.
  100. Jun 23, 2013
    A very solid game, even for a beta.
    This is a third person shooter set in space. What you got is a "space ninja" fighting three different factions.
    Game is mission-based in that you pick a mission and you join others if a room is available or play by yourself till someone joins. You can also play the entire game in solo. Currently game is in beta and it is getting huge updates
    A very solid game, even for a beta.

Currently game is in beta and it is getting huge updates bi-weekly. Despite being in beta, almost all the bugs, glitches and exploits are fixed immediately.

Some may be put off by rather high cost of cash shop items but it is ENTIRELY optional and this game is NOT pay2win. All the items you can buy with money can be farmed. Only things that can only be obtained through cash is inventory size and purely cosmetic stuff (colour and decorations).

Do not trust the "critic reviews" as this game is not really released yet and it seems only unknown reviewers have criticized this game. I respect that all the big names are holding their votes till the game is fully released.

Give this game a shot, it is completely free to make an account and start playing.
    I have spent 400 hours since mid-April and every single moment was a joy.
  101. Mar 27, 2013

1. Sep 11, 2014
    The idea with the Tamagotchi-space-dogs is already absolutely amazing.
  2. Feb 27, 2014
    One year and twelve updates in, Warframe appears to be a solid action game leveraging really excellent technology to create a fun and engaging experience. There are still some rough edges and many opportunities to amp up the variety of content, but with a compelling world and addictive, twitchy action, Warframe has a lot to offer.
  3. With the lack of a Pay to Win system and easy engagement for new players, Warframe offers some quality time.