8.1

1. Sep 13, 2013
    Two words: 1. Repetitive. 2. Grinding.
    Alot.
    The level design is incredibly boring and you only shoot and slice with your katana/sword/thingy.
    I really did not appreciate this game after 1-2 hours of gameplay. And it took forever to get ANYTHING. Not even a single weapon or upgrade after 2,5 hours gameplay. Not even an item to build.

Not recommending. But since it's free, try it.
  2. Mar 27, 2013
    It seemed like a pretty good game, but after a few hours in its flaws became readily apparent. First off, I kept asking myself, didn't I just play that level? Because I pretty much did just play that level. It's the same thing, over and over and over and over and over again.
    Even then, the movement and combat mechanics seemed pretty awesome. If that was the only thing I was basing my rating on, that would be an 8.5.
    But the real kicker to the groin is the real money system. $20 will get you a cheap warframe, a weapon, and some respawns. (So if you die a lot, you end up having to pay just to continue playing the game)
    If you really want everything, you can pay $260, and you after some time you may end up spending even more money.
    Their greed has completely ruined what could have been great. If, instead of charging us large sums for absolutely nothing, they had provided a wealth of content and charged us reasonable prices, they could have had a gold mine, but right now the game tailors to spoiled rich kids.
  3. Feb 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There is only one thing you need to know about Warframe: It's free.

Oh, maybe I didn't make myself clear enough. When I say that Warframe is free, I mean, literally speaking, it is free. Still not clear enough? Alright, I'll elaborate. Apart from two different types of items - appearance items (such as skins and coloring pallets) and weapon/Warframe slots - it is possible for all players to access almost all types of in game items and entities (apart from a few that are no longer available to everyone). In this manner, it is possible for you to obtain every Warframes (characters or so to speak), every weapons, every non-visual-based items and the likes. Of course, there are conditions to fulfill, and obtaining everything will most likely take up a good portion of your time (isn't this what you are looking for?), but the point is, it is perfectly possible to play Warframe in the long run without paying a single cent. It's your choice.

So, what is Warframe? In this game, you are basically a character known as "Tenno" who fights battles within a futuristic solar system. You will be teaming up with 3 other Tennos (this is a 4 player co-op game) to complete missions laid out by Lotus, a female commander issuing you orders. Nah, she is nicer than your ex-girlfriend, so don't worry about that.

You will basically be facing three separate forces, Grineer, Corpus and the Infestation (think of the three races in Starcraft if you want to get a better idea). There are different types of missions, ranging from elimination, rescue, spy, to defense and rescue. As for weapons, basically you get to equip a primary weapon (rifle, shotgun, sniper and many others that are hard to categorize), a secondary weapon (categorization is hard for this as well) and a melee weapon (sword, mace, fist... you know the deal). As for your character, you will be using one out of the somewhat 10-ish (slightly less than 20, though the number is gradually increasing as more update comes by) Warframes. Each Warframe comes with different stats, such as self-repairing shields, like those in halo, health, energy (mana) and speed. Still, more importantly, each Warframe has its own unique set of 4 skills. These skills are great assets for the players as most of the times they will come in handy. One thing to note is that gender is preset, so those transsexuals don't have to fake their gender anymore, which is, well ... you decide if it's good or not. There are also mods (modifications) that you can insert into your weapons and Warframes to make them much stronger than they originally are.

Oh and there are parkour. Learn how to press "WASD" + "LShift" + "LCtrl" + "Space" in fluid coordination. It will be helpful and painful, but you will definitely need them.

Simple?

Unlike many co-op shooters, Warframe definitely has its merits. One of the most apparent distinction of the game is that it has a leveling system that can be found in most MMOs. You can level up both your weapons and Warframes to a maximum rank of 30. Moreover, you can rank up your mods as well to make them more powerful. In this way, Warframe won't be a simple "run-shoot-kill see-score go-sleep" type of game. Never. There are things more important than that.

Another merit of Warframe is that there are frequent updates. When I say frequent, I mean FREQUENT, as in one big update per month or so. There will be new game modes, Warframes, weapons, mods ... etc. I mean, come on, who thinks that L4D2 came too fast after L4D1 is released? I do. Who is still waiting for L4D3 after all these years? I am. Who thinks that Gabe Newell should fulfill the unsaid promise of completing the trilogies of Valve games? I do. Come on, we have been waiting for L4D3 and Portal 3 and HL3, and we are sick and tired of being sick and tired of waiting. This won't happen for Warframe though. The game has a gradual and comfortable pace of updating. You get new contents every now and then, and they usually blends well with the game. Usually.

Still, like most games, there are pros and cons of Warframe and I have to sincerely admit that there are shortcomings with this game when compared to other games. One major shortcoming (I won't say flaw) of this game is that it lacks a concrete story line. Apart from some trivial storytelling, there really aren't much of a tale going on. There are stories told, I'm not saying there aren't, but they are rather weak. I know, that is not their aim, and that is not really the point of Warframe, but compared to the rich (though monotonous) storyline of L4D and Portal, Warframe needs to good a better job here.

Also, the game can be rather repetitive. You know, this applies for most Coop shooters, so there really isn't much to say about this. Yeah, repetitive.

So, in general, try Warframe. It's free. If you don't like it, drop it. Simple as that.
  4. Jun 22, 2013
    a great free to play game, and it is free to play you dont have to spend any money, all the items that you think you need money for are gotten through playing alert missions or seven day login reward. you are only given a limited colour pallet but its enough. th graphics are great. the game play feels polished and is responsive. it is still a beta but there are constant updates as theya great free to play game, and it is free to play you dont have to spend any money, all the items that you think you need money for are gotten through playing alert missions or seven day login reward. you are only given a limited colour pallet but its enough. th graphics are great. the game play feels polished and is responsive. it is still a beta but there are constant updates as they add more to the game keeping it fresh. it is well worth downloading and hey its free and still better than a lot of games coming out now for cash Expand
  5. Apr 12, 2014
    Cant really dislike this game because its free. Having said that, there are plenty of other games out there and I did not enjoy the game enough to play it so being free was neither here nor there.

Graphics are ok. Some nice ideas and the odd gimmick such as wall running etc but the lack of control and immersion made it pretty bland for me. It feels very like a console game because

It feels very like a console game because of the pov you have. Think dead space one. Your positioned in third person with your own character taking up space in the foreground. It does have options to change the field of view and that works pretty well but although the game is well executed, for me it lacked depth and immersion.

It was ok. Giving it a rating which doesnt make excuses for the fact its free. If I had paid for it, I would be very unhappy but as it is. Its ok and worth a try. I suspect it will resonate more for some people than others.
  6. May 26, 2013
    Good fun...especially for free. Similar to ME3 PVE multiplayer but more responsive controls and far more content. Art style takes some getting used to but the graphics are pretty dam impressive, sound effects are a little lack luster but the music score is rather fantastic and suits the mood beautifully. Story development could be a little stronger in my opinion. The in game platinumGood fun...especially for free. Similar to ME3 PVE multiplayer but more responsive controls and far more content. Art style takes some getting used to but the graphics are pretty dam impressive, sound effects are a little lack luster but the music score is rather fantastic and suits the mood beautifully. Story development could be a little stronger in my opinion. The in game platinum currency is too expensive but you don't need to use it; all content can be got via gameplay. If they keep expanding the content like the last update i'll remain very impressed. Dev's please add some more large open plan/planet environments! Warframe is off to a pretty strong start for an open beta. Collapse
  7. May 19, 2013
    A solid sword and gun third person co-op game for the low price of free. Excellent and well optimized graphics combined with visceral and satisfying sound and art design make this game a real joy to play.

You play as a mechanized ninja with a melee weapon and two ranged weapons jumping into very accessible online co-op (completely optional, it can be played solo) completing various objectives while fighting varied enemies from power armored opponents to robots to mutants.

The cash shop sells convenience only, all guns/warframes and items can be earned in game.

Having said that if you are the lazy sort with some disposable income the cash shop has fair prices that surprised me.

A solid game that's worth the time to play even in this saturated f2p market.
  8. Jan 6, 2014
    I have over 200 hours in this game, and I'm giving it an 8. The game is far from perfect, but I've been playing it since beta and it has come a LONG way.

I just want to start off with something that every negative review has done to mislead you, this game's reviews are shallow and misleading. Buying items straight up in this game is expensive yes, but here is what no one has told you. 1) you get store discounts as DAILY REWARDS that range from 20% 75% off all real money purchases. These are rewards that increase in value for each consecutive day you log in. 2) There is NO I repeat NO in-game item that can't be obtained through crafting (which requires no real money). You will get everything you need just by playing the game, you can simply buy the blueprints in the shop for in-game credits. I have almost every warframe in the game and over half the weapons (including the clan tech ones that can't be bought, only built in the clan dojo) in the game. I also have all of the sentinels. I didn't pay for ANYTHING. I paid $15 for a $30 platinum pack when I got a 50% discount, and I used that to get a bunch of color packs, upgrades, and everything else I needed. So basically, I paid $15 for 200 hours of playing. That's a damn fine deal if you ask me.

All the issues the game had in beta with bad menus and glitches and lag are pretty much non-existent now. They finally got the level system evened out, so that difficult enemies are more common. The defense and survival missions are more difficult, and are a lot of fun to do with friends as these missions only end when you decide it's too difficult to continue. They give you the option to risk everything for 5 more minutes of rewards, or take what you've earned and leave. The combat is fun, and changes drastically with each new weapon or warframe you unlock. Updates have all come with big changes and lots of content. All the missions that aren't survival, boss, or defense feel very samey, but you don't have to do those missions for anything other than map progression. There's also special maps that you unlock through keys you find. All the bosses that are left over from beta (about half of them) are totally boring and uninteresting bullet sponges. The other half are challenging, cinematic, and for the most part, epic. Getting all of the mods and unlocks to maximize your weapon's potential require you to explore orokin derelict, nightmare missions, alert missions, and the void. The mission variety is actually impressive, it's the lack of enemy variety that hides it. Clans are now accessible and dojos can be built by anyone. I started a clan with just a few friends and our dojo is huge, and it adds some personality to the game. They've added some pvp, there are special events nearly every weekend, and the number of mods in the game has increased greatly. Damage 2.0 added another level of strategy to weapon builds, as now each different damage type has unique on-hit effects (stuns, bleeds, AOE's, debuffs, etc) and you can even combine mods for hybrid damage types. They added a huge amount of lore to the game, and reward you for scanning enemies by giving you bonus exp and telling you what damage types each enemy is weakest to and even telling you what their drop table is, enabling you to hunt for mods with more efficiency.

The movement and graphics in the game are awesome. It's well-optimized for low-end machines as well (I can run it on medium settings with just my APU). The enemies in the game all offer samey challenges, it gets grindy for sure, but it's all for unlocking new weapons and warframes. Every item unlock you get breathes freshness into the game as there is such a great variety of functionality. Therefore unlocking new items is the driving force of the game. It's tantalizing when your friend unlocks some new weapon that looks amazing and now you have to get it for yourself!

Lastly, I did not put 200 hours into this game in one sitting. This is a great game that you can play for a bit, get into other stuff, and then come back later to find new events and items and content waiting to be unlocked. The developers have been very dedicated to adding content throughout the entire project and I think their work deserves more credit.

So yes, there is a lot of grinding ahead, and there are serious balance issues that you won't notice because it's almost entirely coop. Lastly the great mission variety is obscured by a lack of enemy variety. Those are really the only things that keep this from being a 10, but the game's issues have been over-represented in most of the reviews. For the cost of entry, you don't have the excuse as a gamer to not check this out and decide for yourself.
  9. Jan 13, 2014
    Contrary to popular belief Warframe is a Loot game not an action game, the Beta is also a lie.

RNG reigns supreme here with drop rates for some parts as low as 0.67%, this was before DE encrypted the drop tables and the community could give feed back on such low drop rates, now we have no idea, DE told us that we would be able to view these drop rates in game with the use of their "codex" a half assed pokemon snap mechanic that currently does no such thing a whole major update later.

The gameplay boils down to mowing down hordes of half witted enemies that all look and feel extremely similar by pressing the #4 button repetitively, all of the levels look and feel extremely similar, and all of the objectives boil down to go from point A to point B or stand and hold point Z. All of the bosses are bullet sponges and pose very little threat to players. Playing with others is also a let down as everyone just rushes towards to end of the level, there is no need to stay and fight or look around. As a co op game there are also zero co op elements aside from a few doors you need 2 people to open. no end game what so ever, a half assed tutorial that will leave many if not all new players scrambling around in the dark and finally grind walls after grind walls
    an example of one that was given another one
    DE-"we get it the grind and RNG need toned down"
    adds more grind and RNG in the next update

play levels for derelict blue prints, blueprints then can used to visit the derelict level (a rehash of the void levels) once there you play said levels for the boss blueprint which may or may not drop the parts you need leaving you back at the start
    or
    the derelict vaults
    play mission for void keys (gives you access to the void levels) use these keys to make "dragon keys"
    dragon keys open vault doors by give the player a massive debuff depending on the key crafted
    less HP
    less shields
    less movement speed (-75%)
    or less weapon damage
    with 4 keys which one opens the vault?
    RNG will decide what vault spawns in your mission that you've crafted yet another key to access
    lets review

key for the derelict
    void key for the vault key
    pray you have the right key or waste time doing a mission with a huge debuff

at the time of writing updates have been adding more weapons (re-skins with different stats mostly) and more poorly planned "events" the last one consisted of players taking pictures of plants
    the plants needed to "win" the event required a rare plant RNG again it also required 4 players to have the same type of plant juice ( rarest one) to win, this lead to many players trolling others by putting in the wrong one there by destroying everyone elses plants
    this also left solo players unable to win the event regardless of the SOLO option
    DE later put out a hotfix that allowed solo players to win by doing the work of all 4 players previously
    take 4x the pictures of the rare plants (1 pic per plant)

DE does not seem to know what they are doing, aside from the art and style of the game I found very little to love as time went on and I began to see where this game was heading (nowhere)

fun gameplay is not found here
    stay away

[check box if your review contains spoilers]
    there's also no story or lore
  10. Apr 27, 2013
    I've been playing this game for a day or two since I got it, and it is a very good game, with good single player and multi-player components. My only complaint, which is what keeps it from being a 9 or 10 is that it requires that you are online. Yes, I know that that is a stupid complaint, but it still bugs me. That aside, it has good online and good single-player components and is a gameI've been playing this game for a day or two since I got it, and it is a very good game, with good single player and multi-player components. My only complaint, which is what keeps it from being a 9 or 10 is that it requires that you are online. Yes, I know that that is a stupid complaint, but it still bugs me. That aside, it has good online and good single-player components and is a game I'd recommend to any fan of FPS or MMO style games. Expand
  11. Dec 24, 2013
    Games in open beta should never have final scores associated with them. However since review sites like IGN have already reviewed it, I will give my score too following an I
    Initial 10 hours of play. The game is a loot quest, co op game. It features good looking hex which excel ya directx9 but dx11 doesn't really add much. The games value for money proposition is very high indeed, and procedurally created levels keep things interesting and rarely do things feel boring. I've purchased every AAA title in 2013 and none of them have held my attention as much as warframe. The gameplay is easy to pick up, impossible to put down. It's immediate shallow exterior belies a more indepth game which slowly unveils itself. The game would greatly benefit fro decent tutorials on you tube, but the wiki community is very good. For those looking for a coop experience, you'll be hard pressed to find a better game than warframe. Only Left4dead matches it for sheer elegance. It's a so,I'd 9 from this reviewer and a raised eyebrow to some of the scores from so called professional critics who clearly dislike free to play PC games.
  12. Apr 7, 2014
    Warframe is like the tacked-on multiplayer mode of an AAA title, it has great visuals, sound design and animation, but very little variety. It feels like a skeleton of a game. Gameplay is fun, but the grinding you have to do if you can't afford in-game currency is obnoxious, content is released at snail's pace and very little has changed in a year, Digital Extremes seem content on givingWarframe is like the tacked-on multiplayer mode of an AAA title, it has great visuals, sound design and animation, but very little variety. It feels like a skeleton of a game. Gameplay is fun, but the grinding you have to do if you can't afford in-game currency is obnoxious, content is released at snail's pace and very little has changed in a year, Digital Extremes seem content on giving the players new stuff to do the same old stuff with, (hidden inside double layers of RNG) instead of new stuff to do. Also uses a horrid P2P connection system, most of the mouth-breathers playing the game have neither the hardware or connection strength to host games, meaning unless you're soloing, games can (and will) be laggy, latency-filled disasters. Expand
  13. Sep 14, 2013
    Yet another disappointing free to play game. What is it nowadays with these games overcomplicating everything? Nobody cares about story or context. No-one wants to spend time in unintuitive user interfaces. A free-to-play should be instant jump in and play without the need for a tutorial. Warframe is yet another brick in the wall of free to play games that make no effort to attract yourYet another disappointing free to play game. What is it nowadays with these games overcomplicating everything? Nobody cares about story or context. No-one wants to spend time in unintuitive user interfaces. A free-to-play should be instant jump in and play without the need for a tutorial. Warframe is yet another brick in the wall of free to play games that make no effort to attract your attention unless you are willing to play it for hundreds of hours. The graphics are horrible, controls aren't smooth and general gameplay is dull. Expand
  14. May 9, 2014
    Whilst you get good gameplay for free, it has the problem that it doesn't stay interesting for very long. It's a very 'grindy' game, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, just that the settings in which you grind get stale. Not to mention level differences in various matches. It's not that uncommon to be matched with a max level player with max level weapons speeding ahead killingWhilst you get good gameplay for free, it has the problem that it doesn't stay interesting for very long. It's a very 'grindy' game, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, just that the settings in which you grind get stale. Not to mention level differences in various matches. It's not that uncommon to be matched with a max level player with max level weapons speeding ahead killing everything, leaving you to trail behind through empty corridors (or end up alone against a huge swarm of enemies to die). Thankfully you can play in private mode with friends, though in my experience they simply stop playing after a relatively short while. Usually around the time they unlock all the planet nodes. Finally there is the issue of lag, public servers are hosted by average joe players which also seem dependent of PC specs. The result is a 75%+ chance of ending up in a barely playable server. It's an inexpensive way to go about it, freeing up money for development. Though I'm not sure it's worth the costs in terms of enjoyment. I stick to solo/private at any rate, I can imagine a lot of people doing so...

To sum it up: it's fun but it only seems to be able to truly grab a certain demographic. Again, it's not bad, it's just grows stale too quickly.
  15. Apr 1, 2013
    *CLAPS* nicely done.... Crisis had sex with ninja gaiden and forth bread Warframe :D Lol that's how i see it anyways love it addicted to it, became my new daily play game XD
  16. Jul 31, 2013
    The game could still use some work, but overall it's a solid game. The graphics are very nice and the game play is exceptionally fun. The concept of the game is interesting and with future updates could become perfect, but that is up to the developer to decide. The ability to play solo, with friends, or with random players, allows flexibility with anyone's gaming style and there is a lotThe game could still use some work, but overall it's a solid game. The graphics are very nice and the game play is exceptionally fun. The concept of the game is interesting and with future updates could become perfect, but that is up to the developer to decide. The ability to play solo, with friends, or with random players, allows flexibility with anyone's gaming style and there is a lot of customization you can do with your character. Granted without the ability to trade items with other players makes it a little harder to obtain some items, it does allow for a more satisfying feeling when you finally find the item that you've been wanting for awhile.

The game does feature an ingame store but I have yet to find a reason to actually use it. Most if not all of the items available in the store can be found in the game world, and seeing as the majority of content is PVE there really aren't too many things that could be considered overpowered.

It's a fun game and players should at least give it a chance before looking at the 69 that meta critic has given it.
  17. Feb 18, 2014
    It looks nice at first, all the ninja, enemies and all that stuff (from a design perspective) it's actually pretty awesome. But the game itself is boring, lackluster and a huge grind fest. Also, it promotes into oblivion all the Nvidia Crap PhysX so it is a no go for AMD users (making the game like it's holding out on features on purpose and leaves an empty space).
  18. Aug 18, 2014
    A brilliant game with some key, but passable flaws, Warframe rapidly became my favourite game after starting to play over a year ago. It's fun, fast, with excellent gunplay, graphics, sound design, incredibly fast and fun base gameplay blending wallrunning and acrobatics, various forms of firearms, and countless disciplines of melee weapons, and the best part: it's free to play, and it'sA brilliant game with some key, but passable flaws, Warframe rapidly became my favourite game after starting to play over a year ago. It's fun, fast, with excellent gunplay, graphics, sound design, incredibly fast and fun base gameplay blending wallrunning and acrobatics, various forms of firearms, and countless disciplines of melee weapons, and the best part: it's free to play, and it's business model ISN'T a giant dick. Digital Extremes is an excellent development team that listens to their users, and the game has rapidly improved over the course of the year with massive, free updates introducing and revamping large swaths of gameplay, turning what was good a year ago into something truly special today. Now, I'm not going to ignore what it does wrong. The game often resorts to heavy grind to extend the life of content, though the situation has been gradually improving, and currently has a lack of endgame content, though the devs have promised that will be changing in the near future. As it stands, though, the base gameplay formula is fun enough that I don't mind the grind, and have continued to not mind it for my 1300 hours played. Highly recommended, though it's best with friend to be sure. Expand
  19. Sep 23, 2013
    Warframe is pretty, runs well even on lower end computers and has a wealth of content to play with from varying Warframes(basically classes like in any MMO that range from full out offense, defense and anything inbetween) along with a myriad of wacky looking weapons that still fit into the standards of Assault Rifle, Shotgun, Pistol, Sword and the like. There are three enemy factions withWarframe is pretty, runs well even on lower end computers and has a wealth of content to play with from varying Warframes(basically classes like in any MMO that range from full out offense, defense and anything inbetween) along with a myriad of wacky looking weapons that still fit into the standards of Assault Rifle, Shotgun, Pistol, Sword and the like. There are three enemy factions with varying units and tactics along with a wealth of randomly generated levels. However most of the environments end up looking very same-y. And the game becomes a massive grind for materials if you want to unlock anything beyond the standard gear you're given in the game. Everything costs Platinum to get but a few items, you can't even get any Warframes unless you either buy them for cash(the most expensive being 56 dollars American) or grinding for blueprints for individual pieces(which are not guaranteed drops) and then components(usually several hundred of varied just to build the constituent components) and then you need to grind for credits to buy ANOTHER blueprint so you can put them together. And the building is all real time cooldowns, usually 3 days just to BUILD your new Warframe or Sentinel(think familiar that shoots things) or Weapon. Which ALL start at level one with no abilities( you only earn mods through combat and they give you your abilities to use in game). Comparing this to a similar game style that is Mass Effect 3's multiplayer, it doesn't take you nearly as long to progress in unlocking content. Unless you don't mind a grind or have a massive amount of money, don't bother with this Skinner box of a game. It is one of the worst examples of "Pay2Play" I've seen in a while despite its fun(at first) combat and funky aesthetic. Also one more note, even with a 50mb download the game lags horribly most of the time. Expand
  20. Jul 19, 2013
    Space ninjas jumping off walls and kicking butt! whats not to like? the graphics are great and the level of combat is awesome.. people say that the cash shop is expensive but aside from the colors and cosmetics EVERYTHING can be earned by playing the game... the only downside I have seen is grinding (isn't every mmo game like that?) anyways because of that I would have gave this game likeSpace ninjas jumping off walls and kicking butt! whats not to like? the graphics are great and the level of combat is awesome.. people say that the cash shop is expensive but aside from the colors and cosmetics EVERYTHING can be earned by playing the game... the only downside I have seen is grinding (isn't every mmo game like that?) anyways because of that I would have gave this game like 8..mabey 9 but I gave it 10 because the developers that made this game LISTEN to the players! unlike sooo many others... Expand
  21. Apr 12, 2013
    Beta is beta people.. I was playing the game back when every mission had roughtly the same content so I waited a couple weeks and now there's a ton of new scenery. Thats kind of how beta's work, they are actively adding content to the game so reserve your negative reviews till launch. Then they are valid. Moving on, warframe is kind of the sweet spot for me and I am guessing a lot ofBeta is beta people.. I was playing the game back when every mission had roughtly the same content so I waited a couple weeks and now there's a ton of new scenery. Thats kind of how beta's work, they are actively adding content to the game so reserve your negative reviews till launch. Then they are valid. Moving on, warframe is kind of the sweet spot for me and I am guessing a lot of gamers. First off having a coop only game was a pretty bold move and I would say it's a resounding success, so kudo's for that. While this game does make you wonder how cool pvp would be it still stands, imo, solidly as it is. I love so far how the game unfolds and how you slowly discover abilities of the warframe as you gain familiarity especially as regards advanced wallrunning and combat. Last night I realized I could power up my main abilities by fusing mods so I torqued up a sprint mod and got in a higher lvl mission with some more experienced players. I was flying through the objectives doing crazy wall running trying to keep up with these guys who knew all the shortcuts.. So much fun, being a space ninja has never been this badass. The art style is reminiscent of manga, but in a good way, because some manga is terri-bad. There is a nice diversity of warframes, weapons and playstyles available which should keep things interesting for some time. Also new content like dojos, clan structering, etc.. is in the works. The f2p model is working for me so far though expect to grind for new stuff which instead of buying outright you buy a blueprint for and then find crafting materials on missions to create content in your foundry, a main menu crafting screen.
    The high pointsfor me here are the slick art direction and music, space ninja theme in a variety of deadly flavors(stealth to hulk) and rpg elements that hardcore gamers crave. I don't knowk, games tend to all go stale on me after two months so if I at least get that I'm happy and I expect too. Play this game!
  22. Apr 24, 2013
    I had a lot of fun with the game for the first few days, so it pains me to have to write such a scathing review and score it so low. Let's start on a high note with the pros:

+Fun gameplay with a lot of different methods of customization. Modding your weapons, warframe(character), and sentinel(Pet) provides a lot of different avenues for progression. +There are (I believe)12 warframes

+There are (I believe)12 warframes to pick from, though you only get access to 3 out of the box.
    +You can potentially get access to all the content in the game w/o spending any money, excluding cosmetics such as colors.
    +A welcoming community and a section of the forum dedicated to helping new players and gets a respectable amount of traffic

And now the low note. This is going to hurt, Warframe, but try to grit your teeth.
    ---If you do decide to spend money on the game, you'll find Warframe has one of the most expensive premium shops around. Buying a warframe can cost up to 25 dollars! Getting access to more than 18 colors(Not as many as it sounds) is 5$ a piece, and weapons range 5-15$!

-----After you've spent hours farming the cash and crafting mats to build a weapon or warframe, you have to wait 12-72 hours for it to finish "building". But wait! If you spend a paultry 25-50 plat(The least plat you can buy is 5$ for 70 plat, the cheapest weapons, colors, and warframes being 75 plat, btw) you can rush it to get your hard-earned buy immediately. A laughably obvious inconvenience forced on the players in order to promote buying premium currency

-The combat gets dull, after a while. The AI is pretty primitive, even for an indie game. Melee is gimmicky and with knockbacks and stuns abound, you're better off just keeping distance and picking enemies off. The game mistakes punishment for difficulty, if you're not careful it's very easy to be "stunlocked" to death, with very little you can do about it.

-Expect a Diablo-level grind. The whole game is a grind and the only goal is to grind more, all the bosses are bullet sponges with little to no difficulty, the Infected(An enemy faction) are generally the hardest enemies you will fight, and that's only because of the stunlocking mentioned above.

-Even though there are lots of options and customization, the game is plagued with balance issues. The Hek, Lex, and Dual Heat Blades will be the only weapon loadout you'll ever need. Half the cast can't even compete with other much stronger, more versatile Warframes. Health, Armor, and critical hit/damage mods are almost completely useless.

-The levels are reused constantly. It's not uncommon to play on the same level multiple times within one short gaming session.

-The handling leaves a lot to be desired. The game tries to be Assassin's Creed/Darksiders but it just doesn't have the polish things like wallrunning, sliding, and complex maneuvers need to function. Very rarely will you pull off super awesome stunts your friends will be wowed by. Once you get into the higher level content it all boils down to cover shooting because you just will not survive being in the middle of the grinder.

To sum it all up, you pay out the ass for the conveniences premium currency offers, the game gets stale and very grindy, very quickly. I've read people praising the massive updates but they apply sweeping changes that completely alter the game, keeping it in a perpetual state of imbalance.
  23. Sep 20, 2013
    The entire game is dark, it's hard to see enemies.. they don't show up in mini radar either.
    The melee combat is very inaccurate unless you're stealth one-slash everything. If you use slash and you're standing up, you will hit the first strike and likely will miss the second because it makes you step forward. It's better if you crouch, but it's a hassle.
    As many people say, you can get
    As many people say, you can get most of the stuff in the game with crafting but it takes forever. The drop rates for components are pretty sad.
    If you don't like to wait you can pay real money(and expensive too) and have it, they might as well make this game a subscription thing.
    Although soloing is in the options, it would be very hard unless you already got great gears.
    The enemy variations are also few at the moment.
  24. Mar 28, 2013
    Fun, fast-paced combat, strong tactical elements, good graphics, and it's very easy to run. Plus, co-op online games are hard to come by. Awesome art direction; it kind of reminds me of the Rengoku psp games, but obviously with higher production values. And this is free! You really can't go wrong with free, especially since the game so far seems to be genuinely high quality. Don'tFun, fast-paced combat, strong tactical elements, good graphics, and it's very easy to run. Plus, co-op online games are hard to come by. Awesome art direction; it kind of reminds me of the Rengoku psp games, but obviously with higher production values. And this is free! You really can't go wrong with free, especially since the game so far seems to be genuinely high quality. Don't let the people who play the first two missions and dislike it discourage you; the first couple missions are basically extended tutorials, and are kind of boring. It starts ramping up after that. Expand
  25. May 9, 2013
    A massive grind, repetitive game-play, lack of character customizing options and very limited world graphics, Warframe is nothing more then another Scifi shooter with role playing elements tacked on. Controls feel loose and broken. Lack of a cover system makes the game even worse.

Don't bother, play something else.
  26. Jun 22, 2014
    It's a cooperative 3rd person action shooter with melee and RPG/inventory management elements. It's also absolutely one of the best examples of a free to play game out there. Spending cash on this game gets nothing that it unachievable by a non paying customer other than cosmetics. Market prices are expensive, but not on everything, just on the stuff that's a punishment for not playing theIt's a cooperative 3rd person action shooter with melee and RPG/inventory management elements. It's also absolutely one of the best examples of a free to play game out there. Spending cash on this game gets nothing that it unachievable by a non paying customer other than cosmetics. Market prices are expensive, but not on everything, just on the stuff that's a punishment for not playing the game(ie if you want to skip way ahead you're going to have to PAY for it. Either put in the game time or expect to pay a premium price). The items that really influence your experience(item and warframe slots and super chargers) are pretty cheaply obtained, and you can trade in game for the currency to do so from other players, meaning even a completely free player can purchase anything in the cash shop through dedication and trading. It's also extremely fun, you should be playing it right now. Expand
  27. Jan 30, 2014
    The game is really fun to play. The visuals are great, shooting and slashing feels great (and sometimes hilarious) and as of 2014 theres a good number of different enemies including a lot of bosses with very different strategies to beat them.
    But there are very few different levels to play in and only few very simple mission designs so everything gets old and very repetetive very fast.
    The game is still in Beta and kept my attention for couple weeks max.
  28. Apr 18, 2013
    The f2p market is constantly changing, After the release of TF2 F2P, Valve raised the bar for quality in a free game, Digital Extremes clearly understood, as their newest release, "Warframe" Is an incredible title, It even surpasses some full-priced titles in quality.

The basic point of Warframe, is progression, Not story. This game can't be compared to modern shooters as it's very unique, the closest It comes to is Mass Effect 3's Co-Op mode.

Like Mass Effect 3, you enter a co-op game with other players are fight AI controlled enemies with all kinds of wild futuristic weapons and powers. But you actually play as the alien race, who are expert ninja-like guys, The gameplay consists of a mix between shooting, slicing and destruction.

You are given a basic objective like destroying a tank, you fight through the level(Left 4 Dead style) complete the objective, head to the extraction point and that's it. Level over, But as I said, it's about progression, the more you play, the more money you will make to spend on new items, mods etc.

You get to chose 1 of many "Warframes" and each excels in a certain areas, They each have their own powers and unique abilities and mods.

You start with a basic Assault Rifle, A basic pistol and a basic ninja sword, they level up as you use them and the higher level they are, the more complex mods they can use, you find mods in levels either dropped by enemies or hidden in the map, they have certain traits like crit chance, damage, magazine size etc. BUT those are just the "common" ones, there are also, "Uncommon" mods which have some incredible abilities for example one mod for the ninja sword can electrify it and make it stun as well as causing more damage.

The gun physics are not perfect, but it surpasses the quality of Mass Effect's by about 10 times and are addictive to use, rank up and mod.

nothing in this game though is quite as unique as the melee, which consist's of dismembering ninja swords, right the way to heavy hammers that crush your enemies all with their own mods, abilities and traits.

Warframe powers are very useful and get better depending on what level your Warframe is, they consist of damage dealing abilities, to healing abilities, to stunning abilities and more!

Now it's time to look at the business model, If i'm truly honest, the prices for guns can be damn-right unfair, It's takes about 10-15 matches just to get enough to buy a new gun, BUT expected in a F2P, the actual "Real" money purchases are not harsh at all, But ALMOST everything can be bought with in-game funds, so if your dedicated, you can get nearly everything without paying a penny, but there are some cosmetic things that simply can't be bought with in-game money, which is sad, because I would spend money on this game if they weren't so strict with the customization.

There is also a crafting system where you can use resources you find in game to craft new weapons, this works well, by there will always be this 1 item thats very difficult to find, the game then prompts that you can buy it with real money to make things easier, but you don't have to.

There are "SOME" aerobic abilities like sliding, wall running and flips, but this hasn't been perfectly refined yet and still needs work!

By no means is this game pay to win, The developers have been very considerate with what you can actually buy.

There are a ton of levels to tear through, tons of things to unlock and tons of hours to be spent killing monsters and humans as super-cool-ninja-alien-dudes.

The game is currently in open beta, There is no Multiplayer as of yet, not sure if the developers are thinking of adding one, but it might fit right at home.

To make things better just like The Darkness 2, this game is very well optimized, Digital Extremes didn't cheap out at all on this one, Physx support, FOV slider and great performance on most average machines!

Stop reading, Go get it now, FREE on steam.
  29. Jul 6, 2013
    It's a shame that the critic scores were written early on in the BETA stages of the game, as most of the problems have been addressed....but hey.

As for the game itself, It's nothing short of amazing value for money (Although I personally have upgraded to the Grand Master founders pack, so I've strayed off the 'free to play' path somewhat..) but if anything, the fact I've forked over $287 is frankly all the review this game needs (from my opinion)

It's unique, fun, and fast paced.

It has explosions, lasers, and flamethowers.

Robotic chickens, space zombies, and ninjas. What else could you want? Wall running? We have that....anything else? Ask for it. The development team on this game is the best I've ever worked with (Yes, I say worked with because I've helped build one of the warframes about to be released, as a member of the design council) and they are nothing short of amazing in terms of dedication and commitment to players, with regular updates, livestreams, and activity on the forums.

I would preach about the gameplay more, but come on, it's f2p, go try it. What do you have to lose?
  30. Jul 4, 2013
    Don't listen to the haters, give this game a try. It is free to play so you are not going to lose anything, the game is pve focused with the option of pvp in your clan's Dojo. There are many warframes to chose from, but only 3 starter ones at first. The crafting mechanic in this game is truly wonderful.

The storyline is okay, not great but doesn't suck either. Boss fights can get

The storyline is okay, not great but doesn't suck either. Boss fights can get interesting, and the amount of mods you can put on your weapon's is immense. The game is still in beta, but that does not mean you should ignore, and by no means is the critics score of 69 proper. Clearly those review sites are all corrupt, especially IGN. Ask your self this: Why do the users give this game pretty much a score of an 80 (B) when the critics give it a 69 (F)?

This is the kind of game that is really simple and a great way to release stress, no one cares about kdr or killcount. And the best part is that the company ACTUALLY LISTENS to its user base. In fact some of the new Warframes that come out have names chosen by the players and powers chosen by the players. So go out and download it either through Steam or their Website.
  31. Mar 28, 2013
    Really fun game, really fast-paced, and with a shockingly good style. It doesn't feel like a free game at all; it's polished and responsive. However, it is free. It gets a little repetitive after a while, but not enough for me to bother knocking off a point. It's also only like 1.2 GB, so the download is fast. Usually games with small downloads have either minimal content, or badReally fun game, really fast-paced, and with a shockingly good style. It doesn't feel like a free game at all; it's polished and responsive. However, it is free. It gets a little repetitive after a while, but not enough for me to bother knocking off a point. It's also only like 1.2 GB, so the download is fast. Usually games with small downloads have either minimal content, or bad graphics. Not the case here; there's tons of content, and the graphics are actually quite impressive. It looks better in person than the screenshots do, because of all the nice specular effects, reflections, and glowing things.

Also, you can wall-run, and it doesn't even feel like a cheap anime wall-run. Any game that manages to make wall-running seem serious and realistic deserves cookies.

Keep in mind, I also enjoyed Rengoku and Dark Souls, two games known for requiring long, difficult persistence to get anywhere meaningful, so this game may seem monotonous to you if you played Dark Souls or Rengoku and thought they were boring.
  32. Aug 27, 2013
    Honestly, the only reason I gave it a 3 is because there aren't a lot of games like this, especially F2P's. However, that doesn't mean I had any fun whatsoever running around like a maniac completing mindless quests and mashing buttons. The controls are wonky, the enemies are stupid, and the weapons aren't very inspiring. But SPACE NINJAS! If that's enough for you, I recommend thisHonestly, the only reason I gave it a 3 is because there aren't a lot of games like this, especially F2P's. However, that doesn't mean I had any fun whatsoever running around like a maniac completing mindless quests and mashing buttons. The controls are wonky, the enemies are stupid, and the weapons aren't very inspiring. But SPACE NINJAS! If that's enough for you, I recommend this game, otherwise it's about as deep as a teaspoon and less fun. Expand
  33. Nov 19, 2013
    A solid game with addictive mechanics to keep you coming back for more. While the game overall lacks mission diversity, the amount of weapons, warframes and more that keep on getting added and added on into each update will keep you coming back for more if you get yourself into it.
  34. Apr 14, 2013
    Warframe is simply an amazing free to play of this year and it is only getting better and better with each update. It is more engaging than most f2p games that I have played in my years, and the new mod system makes you want to upgrade your arsenal even more. I'm sure they will be coming out with newer equipment later on in the future to kick Grineer I can't wait for it!

Graphics wise,

Graphics wise, the game is extremely smooth. Digital Extremes provided a lot of resolution and shader adjustments in Warframe making it suitable to run on a lot PCs out there. It is high-paced, addicting, and action packed. I mean, c'mon, who doesn't want to be a space ninja with guns and a sick katana? Overall, Warframe has much potential and could possibly get as good as the more popular MMOs like WoW or League of Legends. 10/10
  35. Nov 9, 2013
    All I can really say about Warframe is that it is stupidly addictive fun. Any game that keeps me coming back for more than five hundred hours is well worth my money. I began my playtime with Warframe telling myself that I wouldn't spend any money due to the fact that ALL weapons and frames in the game can be acquired through in game currency and crafting, minus slightly up-scaled versionsAll I can really say about Warframe is that it is stupidly addictive fun. Any game that keeps me coming back for more than five hundred hours is well worth my money. I began my playtime with Warframe telling myself that I wouldn't spend any money due to the fact that ALL weapons and frames in the game can be acquired through in game currency and crafting, minus slightly up-scaled versions of a few starter weapons for people who help found the game. This philosophy lasted about fifty hours, until I realized that it was going to keep bringing me back. A hundred dollars later I don't regret a thing. Expand
  36. May 27, 2013
    No huge, expensive CG cutscenes, distracting storylines or clunky tutorials here. What you get here is some real fun, raw map grinding that you can immediately get right into and go with. And its wrapped around a really cool combat and movement engine that makes you feel really free moving around the map, and often leaves that feeling of "how did I just do that?!?" There is certainly aNo huge, expensive CG cutscenes, distracting storylines or clunky tutorials here. What you get here is some real fun, raw map grinding that you can immediately get right into and go with. And its wrapped around a really cool combat and movement engine that makes you feel really free moving around the map, and often leaves that feeling of "how did I just do that?!?" There is certainly a pay-to-advance aspect to the game that allows you to double your upgrade slots faster with cash or outright buy equipment to avoid building it. But there are plenty of things in the game you can't buy, like dojo upgrades. On top of all the fun, there is currently some glitchy physics that are outright hilarious sometimes and I hope they honestly never remove them. Namely these are when you pin mobs with railguns and their bodies start freaking out.
    It's a little harder to play solo than with other people and the game certainly emphasizes team play. But even if you're a lone wolf, the public system for teams is decent, albeit a little buggy at times. Lag synchronization between players with latency issues is pretty solid at not disconnecting you usually and most times won't get you killed. But it is still an issue at times and hopefully they can optimize that as more players come in.
  37. Oct 22, 2013
    No matter how fun or interesting Warframe looks to someone who hasn't played it yet after playing it for over 60 hours its really neither of those. The constant reusing of level layouts will become apparent after a few missions and the MMO style ''kill dozens upon dozens of the same faceless mobs grinding will make the missions seems even more repetitive when you need about a days worthNo matter how fun or interesting Warframe looks to someone who hasn't played it yet after playing it for over 60 hours its really neither of those. The constant reusing of level layouts will become apparent after a few missions and the MMO style ''kill dozens upon dozens of the same faceless mobs grinding will make the missions seems even more repetitive when you need about a days worth of grind plus the manufacturing time which is minimum 12 hours and can get up to days depending on the item on new weapons and warframes.
    And imo the most important aspect of this game that should be highlighted is the fact that the developers are giving hints of making this game P2W. I will explain:
    Warframes are basically the characters you play as each having very different stats and powers to make them unique. They can be bough from the cashshop or farmed from the different bosses in the game which although takes a lot of time I am fine with The interesting part comes in the fact that in the time of writing this review there are 3 warframes with the tag ''Prime'' basically very hard to make versions of existing warframes ).
    One of them is a TIMED EXCLUSIVE BUY ONLY version of Excalibur. Looking at the free ones you would think that the only difference between a prime and non-prime would be looks and polarities bonus stats for equibable items and seeing as polarities have a free version way of getting them you would ask me what the problem was seeing as apparently the only thing a free user would lose is the looks of the Excalibur Prime. Unfortunately that is not true the Excalibur Prime has a higher shield regeneration than its counterpart something which the other 2 FARMABLE PRIMES don't have.
    In conclusion I would recommend anyone thinking of trying this out to keep in mind the extreme repetitiveness of missions both in layout and objectives, the very long time required just to get new weapons and warframes and most importantly the fact that developer has shown signs of giving this game which has PVP MODE items that are buy only which are better than the free versions making it P2W.
  38. Mar 30, 2013
    Combine Mass Effect with Diablo, add some ninjas, and Warframe is what comes out. Structured around 4-man instanced missions, Warframe has a large variety of map objectives with random secondaries being added during the mission. Overall, the randomization is pretty strong, piecing together gigantic levels that are easy to get lost in. Exploration is rewarded with rare mats, bonus cash, andCombine Mass Effect with Diablo, add some ninjas, and Warframe is what comes out. Structured around 4-man instanced missions, Warframe has a large variety of map objectives with random secondaries being added during the mission. Overall, the randomization is pretty strong, piecing together gigantic levels that are easy to get lost in. Exploration is rewarded with rare mats, bonus cash, and EXP for all your equipment. The leveling system doesn't increase the stats of your gear but instead how many mods you can slot into your equip (and how strong); combined with a low level cap of 30 (for each gear piece), it's easy for new players to jump in while veterans are rewarded with stronger mods. Everything in the cash shop, apart from skins & colors, are purchasable in game or are craftable. My only major complaint right now is that the environment variety is a bit slim. Overall, Warframe is a well balanced third person shooter with tons of customization and replay value. Expand
  39. Aug 6, 2013
    This is a game that I love, but totally understand why many do not. This is a game that is not for everyone. I am sure people who were fans of MMOs and Diablo will find more to like than other players.

This is an action based game but it does get repetitive. Unless you are willing to drop some cash on new weapons and Warframes then you will spend a good amount of time either grinding levels or farming for crafting items.

One measure of a good free to play for me boils down to one question: Can you unlock everything without spending money? This is true with nearly everything in game.(for the exception of cosmetic upgrades) The real money market is quite pricey though but you can acquire new weapons in a relative short amount of time. Different planets drop different gear, this means you will be jumping around quite a bit from one to the next trying to find the crafting gear you need.

This game is great fun, but it is not for everyone. If you do not like grinding then you should look somewhere else. If you like Diablo, then you will find a lot to like. (It is the best grinding for level and gear comparison I can make)

Graphics are great, some levels can feel the same after awhile and they are quite large so there is a learning curve to following the objective marker. When you first start out you will get lost and left behind. Solo missions are good for leveling up, but the game is not well suited for it. Solo you will be faced with almost overwhelming odds, adds a good amount of challenge but can be unfair especially with missions that require you to carry data packages and they take away your primary weapon for half the mission.

Overall great game. It is still being improved upon and it keeps getting better.
  40. Jul 17, 2013
    The Bad:
    The Bad:
    There is very little PvP in the game, consider it mostly PvE where you join a group or try to solo instanced areas which seem to share almost the same layout. Levels are massive and filled with enemies, the storyline is non-existent and the community is about as childish as you'd expect. Not lasting fun if you play it without having a group of friends join you. Chat functionality sucks in this game, feels like it was designed in early 2000.

The Good:
    Game mechanics are balanced but challenging for level appropriate stuff. Solo missions are extremely difficult and you only get a certain number of revives (lives) per day which can be used if you die so that you dont' have to start the mission over from scratch. If you go into this with some friends and mostly just play with them, you'll have a lot of fun.

Typical Free-to-play setup for the game. Very much pay-to-win.
  41. May 29, 2013
    Warframe is a excellent game if you've got the time to put in, or conversely some dollars to drop. The game runs on medium settings on my budget gaming laptop, but drops FPS's sharp with 4 players in a game. I would suggest giving it a try, and if you like the game- support it by buying the lowest level founders pack so you can get some cool duds and contribute to the steadily growingWarframe is a excellent game if you've got the time to put in, or conversely some dollars to drop. The game runs on medium settings on my budget gaming laptop, but drops FPS's sharp with 4 players in a game. I would suggest giving it a try, and if you like the game- support it by buying the lowest level founders pack so you can get some cool duds and contribute to the steadily growing solar system of missions. Expand
  42. Apr 12, 2013
    I am going to say this once and only once, there are limits to a F2P game. If you think the game is polished,
    I say Enemy hitboxes are big, giving dafaq moments here and there. Also, clearly the single player or Digital Extreme's "Solo" is not so fun. Constant surges of higher leveled enemies on various other levels.
    Like MANY F2P, they shine for the first couple of hours or so. After
    Like MANY F2P, they shine for the first couple of hours or so. After that, you realize that nothing in the game is expectional, mediocre at the max. Though despite some bad things, it can be enjoyable from randomly generated maps that sadly are limited to same textures and cutting one thing there to here.
  43. Mar 28, 2013
    One of my favorite online games at the moment, and guess what, ITS FREE! Love everything about this game, graphics are beautiful, gameplay is simple and very addictive, the online works very well when joining squads, customization is of a high standard and there's lots of different tenno's to play with and weapons also. I say, when you've got a good feel of the game and are doing well, buyOne of my favorite online games at the moment, and guess what, ITS FREE! Love everything about this game, graphics are beautiful, gameplay is simple and very addictive, the online works very well when joining squads, customization is of a high standard and there's lots of different tenno's to play with and weapons also. I say, when you've got a good feel of the game and are doing well, buy some platinum to spend on new things, because hey, honestly, I would have payed around $50 dollars if this game wasn't a free to play game. Amazing game, free and enjoyable! Download it! Expand
  44. Sep 23, 2013
    Popular opinion seems to be "OMG SPACE NINJAS THIS GAME IS AWESOME!"

But I really can't find anything much to like about the game, and their F2P pricing model is expensive so I couldn't possibly justify spending money to buy something interesting in an attempt to get into the game if I didn't have a butt load of other games to choose between.
  45. Jul 11, 2013
    This is by far one of the very best games on steam, WARNING! highly addictive and may require all of your down time lol.
    This game is an ever evolving game that gets updates with new guns, melee weapons, warframe characters and levels. We just had a special weekend event the whole community completed and all that participated got a rare never again available sniper rifle. I so love the game and i highly recommend it.
  46. Jun 4, 2013
    Warframe drops you into a world of Dead Space with Ninjas. The combat is so grasping, that once you've picked up this ftp, its hard to put it down. Vast weapon choices and combat mechanics make the game more than just addicting, even solo. But with up to 3 other friends (many more per clan), the multiple game modes, and new Clan Dojo feature, cooperative play is a key element. While aWarframe drops you into a world of Dead Space with Ninjas. The combat is so grasping, that once you've picked up this ftp, its hard to put it down. Vast weapon choices and combat mechanics make the game more than just addicting, even solo. But with up to 3 other friends (many more per clan), the multiple game modes, and new Clan Dojo feature, cooperative play is a key element. While a small lack of enemy types, and environments bring the game down, the future of this games beta, and (hopefully) soon release, will be sure to please. Expand
  47. Aug 15, 2013
    One of the best games I've ever played. Ignore the critics, they've reviewed this game while it was still in development, so they have missed out on a lot that has and will be added. It's currently in beta, but when it gets released I'm sure it will be brilliant. The graphics are on par with massive games like Battlefield 3 and Assassins Creed 3. The gameplay is varied a lot, withOne of the best games I've ever played. Ignore the critics, they've reviewed this game while it was still in development, so they have missed out on a lot that has and will be added. It's currently in beta, but when it gets released I'm sure it will be brilliant. The graphics are on par with massive games like Battlefield 3 and Assassins Creed 3. The gameplay is varied a lot, with different missions, varying objectives, randomised changes within missions, appearances from unexpected enemies and more. Expand
  48. May 28, 2013
    This game is a mmofps co-op i dont know what to say but the game sound is terribe like bf series,turud turdur tudur boom boom bam boom,yeah this is how the music plays in combat and the enemies like that,merr miarr merr,this game needs improvements the craft system is ok,the menu is bad i loved the old menu like you had info of the mission but now you dont you only see info on events ifThis game is a mmofps co-op i dont know what to say but the game sound is terribe like bf series,turud turdur tudur boom boom bam boom,yeah this is how the music plays in combat and the enemies like that,merr miarr merr,this game needs improvements the craft system is ok,the menu is bad i loved the old menu like you had info of the mission but now you dont you only see info on events if you press the event at the ALERT tab i dont recommend this game it's a bad game i will get back on the release Expand
  49. Apr 18, 2013
    Really disappointed in this game. The characters design are uninspired, the weapons lack any kind of punch, the melee system is really buggy. Worse, the action seems sluggish, the gameplay can be summed up by "Walking on a straight line shooting thingees" with some "Crouch behind a wall to reload", and you've seen most of the enemies after 2 hours of gameplay.

In the end, it appears to

In the end, it appears to me like a shinier version of the ME3 multiplayer, without the fun. Shame.
  50. Dec 12, 2013
    Warframe may not be the perfect game, but seriously no game can, so admire what this game has to offer. A non pvp p2w game since it's co-op, well you'll only be paying if you would want to continue playing since you pretty much need to pay if you want to keep playing for those warframe and weapon slots because you wouldn't want to sell that weapon or warframe that took you awhile to farmWarframe may not be the perfect game, but seriously no game can, so admire what this game has to offer. A non pvp p2w game since it's co-op, well you'll only be paying if you would want to continue playing since you pretty much need to pay if you want to keep playing for those warframe and weapon slots because you wouldn't want to sell that weapon or warframe that took you awhile to farm for the parts.

I've played this game since the first week of it's release so I seen it grow and improve, constatly having new updates with these new weapons, locations, tile sets, ui, you get the point. I didn't play Warframe to hear a story... I came to be a space ninja with guns.

The only major problem (my opinion) for me that is, that it's really repetitive like not even the updates would make me feel like I should keep playing since the whole formula is just going to go out like this: Mastery level grinding, and Farming for parts or mods. Now I've played the game for about 500 hours which is dam impressive in my case which is why I'm not going to quit on it.

The grahpics are stunning even on the lowest settings (my opinion). Every gun is different and unique which brings me to the, I don't want to sell them, including the Warframes, It's so great to see massive amounts of enemies die by them. The clan system is good I'm just to lazy to go over it, ahh never mind, you can make get new weapons, 1v1 pvp, a speed test, you could decorate the dojo if you got the permission to, alot of neat stuff.

Conclave the 2nd only way to fight against another player in 2vs2 combat, heres a known tip just upgrade one weapon max (best stuff) if your on the low conclave matches (easy one hit kill on lol), since they try to balance it out by the rank of your mods, weapon, warframe, sentinel. If you have to much or to little you can't join, well it won't be unbalanced if your opponent is a strong frame, still fun I like I just don't do it since you can't grind or farm that way.

Gameplay: 10
    Graphics: 10
    Conclave: 7
    Dojo: 9
    Updates: 10
    Grinding: 10
    Farming: 10
    Replayability: 6
    Story: I came to kill stuff for free

Overall score is an 8 just because of the whole pay for slots because I don't want to sell my stuff since it took me awhile to make them, and how this gets repetitive, and w/e was listed above.
  51. May 5, 2013
    When I started playing this game, it was in closed Beta. Presently in open Beta, but the polish on this game is amazing, and it will take you a while to realize this isn't even a final product. They've yet to implement the story, they're still a week or two from fully realizing their plans for player-made Clans, but the mix of gunplay, hand-to-hand dismemberment, and frightfully effectiveWhen I started playing this game, it was in closed Beta. Presently in open Beta, but the polish on this game is amazing, and it will take you a while to realize this isn't even a final product. They've yet to implement the story, they're still a week or two from fully realizing their plans for player-made Clans, but the mix of gunplay, hand-to-hand dismemberment, and frightfully effective abilities gives an extremely solid combat. Personally, the only downside that occasionally gives me issues is the present peer-to-peer hosting system, which can get laggy if you've had a bad host. Beyond that, it's a free game that has no where to go but up and is climbing its way there with all the passion the devoted development team can muster. Expand
  52. Aug 19, 2013
    I have 250 hours on this game and I purchase the Founders pack. I can honestly say that this is the kind of game you either love or hate. It is a great game to pick up with your buddies and go for it. Who doesn't love to shoot robots, aliens and clones? Better yet, if you master things like wall-running, its a whole different experience as a player. My advise to you...why are you lookingI have 250 hours on this game and I purchase the Founders pack. I can honestly say that this is the kind of game you either love or hate. It is a great game to pick up with your buddies and go for it. Who doesn't love to shoot robots, aliens and clones? Better yet, if you master things like wall-running, its a whole different experience as a player. My advise to you...why are you looking at Metascore? Go play the damn thing and judge for yourself before you judge by reviews. Expand
  53. Apr 24, 2013
    It was fun for the first few days then when I realized I hit the end of their content at the last unexplored planet I got bored very fast. The other warframes just aren't really anything to obsess over and work farming several weeks for. Sorry but they just not unique enough especially when the game is so easy and hey arn't even needed anyway. Same thing goes for the weapons. Boring andIt was fun for the first few days then when I realized I hit the end of their content at the last unexplored planet I got bored very fast. The other warframes just aren't really anything to obsess over and work farming several weeks for. Sorry but they just not unique enough especially when the game is so easy and hey arn't even needed anyway. Same thing goes for the weapons. Boring and not worth farming for after you hit the end of the content. If you want me to grind the repetitive levels endlessly for weeks to get something to drop you have to make it worth doing. That said it's free to play. I didn't expect much, didn't get much, and lost nothing but time. Oh well... Expand
  54. Apr 24, 2014
    It's not done yet. You'll realize that at some point during your play experience - and after over a year in "open beta," and even longer with a functional cash shop, that's kind of a downer. The gameplay makes up for it, though. If you ever played Mass Effect 3's multiplayer and wanted more, this is the game for you. Warframe has very weak lore, almost no story, and a lot of repetition,It's not done yet. You'll realize that at some point during your play experience - and after over a year in "open beta," and even longer with a functional cash shop, that's kind of a downer. The gameplay makes up for it, though. If you ever played Mass Effect 3's multiplayer and wanted more, this is the game for you. Warframe has very weak lore, almost no story, and a lot of repetition, but it also has extremely tight and fantastically fun running and gunning gameplay, and enough character and weapon variety that you can keep trying new things for months. Add regular weekly content updates to that and you've got a game that offers a lot for a very low price. This is a game that is much more fun with at least one other player, but even solo it is worth checking out. Expand
  55. Jun 18, 2014
    Warframe is a free-to-play third person shooter, Sci-Fi game with an "alien" theme in it.

This game has one of the best variety of content even in comparison to some other games (some that aren't even F2Ps). Well, what do i exactly mean by that? What i liked about the game. - Large selection of 'Warframes' to choose from. 'Warframes' are exoskeleton suits that grants the user four

What i liked about the game.

- Large selection of 'Warframes' to choose from. 'Warframes' are exoskeleton suits that grants the user four different skills to choose from. Each Warframe has it's own unique abilities. However, don't let that fool you, as for the fact that the skill mechanics might seem a little similar. Skills are of course extremely satisfying to play around with.

-Unique & distinctive weapons options. With a huge arsenal at your disposal, the weapons in this game will definitely provide an endless amount of fun.

- The Movement mechanic in Warframe is also very special and distinctive. Any player is able to perform acrobatic feats, traveling from room to room in mere seconds.

What i didn't like about the game.

- Unfortunately, the developers of Warframe seem to have pricy microtransaction schemes in mind. Though some people might not agree that this is a "Pay To Win" title, an undeniable fact is that Warframe indirectly forces the player to purchase credits (or otherwise known as 'Platinum) in order to have a much enjoyable experience. Based on the fact that a player starts off with 2 Warframe Slots (Out of a total of 24 Warframes?) and a couple of weapon slots.

- Ridiculous weapon customization options. Weapons and Warframes in the game are enhanced in many different ways with the use of modification "cards", these cards take up "points" and the game only allows up to 60 points to be expendable on a single Warframe/Weapon. (Well, it'll be 30 if you don't have at least 20 Platinum)

- Missions in Warframes are reptitive and downright distasteful. It's either going around killing everyone in the house, saving a hostage or defending a stationary artifact.

All in all, Warframe is a decent game worth spending a little money with it's fast-paced action and as a great co-op game.

Rating: 7/10, "ok".
  56. Mar 13, 2014
    The critics obviously don't know how to review games... or films. Either that or there is no pay for help advertise a free to play game? Who knows.

Warframe is: 10/10 for a free to play game. 8/10 for a normal release game in beta phase. Overall 9/10. Warframe is Space Ninjas at their best, with action packed maneuovers, wall running and climbing, melee and ranged combat, special

Warframe is:
    10/10 for a free to play game.
    8/10 for a normal release game in beta phase.
    Overall 9/10.

Warframe is Space Ninjas at their best, with action packed maneuovers, wall running and climbing, melee and ranged combat, special skills, character customisation to some level, lots of grind-like based PvE fun, and content that keeps adding more and more to the game.

With dynamic events and operations that allow all players to change the outcome of entire planets and sections, a variety of 11 mission types and something like 7+ different tileset/maps that are also fixed somewhat to a random-map method, along with visuals and polishes being constantly made, Warframe is by far the BEST PvE free to play game out there, let alone the best Space Ninja game as it is pretty much the only space ninja game made.

This is how Free to Play games should be made.

The funny thing with this is, that although it has a grinding character, and a somewhat repeating nature to the things you do, it so much damn fun that you completely lose hours on end building characters and weapons and hacking and slashing your way through piles and piles of enemies.

Still in beta phase, I foresee the end result being a 9 out of 10 when compared normal release AAA titles, if not perhaps even 10/10 (depends on how much more they add, they truly are constantly expanding the game more and more), bumping up my overall score of 9/10 to 9.5 or 10/10.

Amazing. A must play game for 3rd person action shooter fans that love sci-fi and ninja themes. Don't take my word for it, try it out yourself. It is completely free!
  57. May 17, 2013
    A basically very simple game. That can rightfully be accused of being rather shallow and repetitious. So why the hell im I still playing it after 50hrs? I think its because:
    1) Subject matter is cool My Space ninja is gonna slap ya crappy steampunk back into the 80's!
    2) Graphics Very good, and i like the rather bleak and moody feel. 3) Gameplay is smooth and easy, as is the
    2) Graphics Very good, and i like the rather bleak and moody feel.
    3) Gameplay is smooth and easy, as is the matchmaking. Missions are fast paced, but everyone seems chilled and tolerant of newbie starters.
    4) But mainly its because its fun to play. Controls are solid, as is the gunplay. Melee is a bit frantic, but there is nothing wrong with it.
    5) Its free (ish). But I don't think they quite understood the idea of MICRO transactions. The store is very expensive which I think will harm the game in the long run. Its probably at least double what most people would expect. Although I would normally buy some initial credits to support the game writer, here its just to expensive to feel comfortable with.

Overall, I think this is a great game to grab the odd 30mins on here and there. Play for free, and I cant see how you could be disappointed!
  58. Apr 18, 2013
    Summary: Warframe is a third-person action shooter free to play that is somewhat pay to win. Regardless of trying to avoid the cash shop you still have to to get extra slots for your Warframes and Guns which is much needed as you play further. The difficulty of the game also hangs in the balance on your credit card balance. So I enjoyed the game and paid 50 dollars to be a founder to get aSummary: Warframe is a third-person action shooter free to play that is somewhat pay to win. Regardless of trying to avoid the cash shop you still have to to get extra slots for your Warframes and Guns which is much needed as you play further. The difficulty of the game also hangs in the balance on your credit card balance. So I enjoyed the game and paid 50 dollars to be a founder to get a new Warframe and some value Platinum and restarted and soloed at the beginning with this new Frame with weapons bought from Cash Shop and was it a lot easier over my first Warframe that had massive amounts of difficulty on the first parts. As you get further though all Cash Shop weapons are purchasable even by in-game money but you have to build most of the awesome ones via blueprints.

Graphics and Visuals: There is nothing truly outstanding in this game that you haven't seen before. Nothing really game breaking or amazing. The bloom though is overtoned to the point where I had to turn it off because White Warframes are blindly bright.

Sound, Music, and Voice Acting: Nothing you haven't heard before. Guns go boom. Enemies scream. There is one hilarious thing where you capture people and they are just screaming their heads off though it'll get tiring after awhile. The music may be repetitive but I never get tired of it! It gets me pumped and is truly amazing. The drums and the beat just gets you pumped and wanting to shoot everything! Voice acting... well... there's not much to go by here. The game has some stupid alerts though. I mean really irrelevant like telling me what type bad guys are up ahead but later in the game that becomes useful as you'll run into a variety of them. One thing that was really stupid was saying "Something is wrong, there is a heavy unit approaching." I'M SHOOTING UP THEIR ENTIRE BASE/SHIP! Of course something is wrong!

Story: This is non existent. Seriously. Bad guys are taking over the universe. You are a killer robot. Stop them. After that... yep nothing.

Difficulty and Replay Value: You won't see any real challenge if you use the cash shop at the start. This game will be extremely hard at the start and end if you don't use it. The end game gets a lot harder with or without cash shop. This game is extremely repetitive but it keeps my interest so it is hit or miss for people. You shoot you run you rinse and repeat until you complete the 1 of 5 different objectives.

Multiplayer: Well it's an MMO... there is no PvP and I'd certainly hope so because only certain guns are worth using and are overpowered. Not to mention those who buy via cash shop would have an unfair advantage early levels.

Overall: This game is nothing special and nothing great. It's a game that will either stick to you or not. I enjoy the game so I like it but... even then my score isn't going to be biased. It's a 4 out of 10... because... well it's nothing game breaking or new... I just really enjoy being a killer robot lol.
  59. Jul 25, 2013
    Putting nearly 350 hours into this game has given me numerous thoughts about it as a whole.
    1. Game play, certainly the most important part of any game, and warframe has much of it and it is generally good fun all around, it could use a lot of polish but that is to be expected. 9/10
    2. Graphics, the game is pretty no doubt. 8/10 3. Sound, Meh everything more or less gets the job done,
    2. Graphics, the game is pretty no doubt. 8/10
    3. Sound, Meh everything more or less gets the job done, though numerous times weapon sounds have been changed to absolutely terrible results, others (very few) are changed to sounding better then before. 7/10
    4. Polish, this is truly where warframe suffers the greatest, a complete lack of polish. Bugs are constantly getting fixed, but with each fix brings twice as many bugs needing to be fixed. Rarely do these bugs break the game at all but when a bug that makes the game hard to play does show up it is usually fixed quite quickly. 6/10
    5. Free-To-Play Elements, While yes everything that can be bought with real money can also be crafted in game, neither way is truly good, Real Money trading is ridiculously overpriced, 15-20 dollars for a gun? Really? And crafting results in depending upon a hilariously intentionally broken RNG system. Now to the dreaded 'alert system' while this function of the game is constantly being tweaked and changed it is still a terrible way to give us things. This game while not to the tune of Play-to-win, micro transactions, it is pay ALOT to not grind and sleep for a change. 6/10
    6. Developers, I dont have much good or bad to say about the developers but lets just say i believe Warframe would be better if another company handled it. 6/10

While this review may seem pitched towards the negative, i do enjoy the game a great deal and while grinding is a pain at least the game is actually fun to pay while grinding, which relieves much stress in playing it for hours to get something you need. Overall, try the game if your at all interested in it. Lets just hope Digital Extremes figures out how to run Warframe for the long run.
  60. Sep 27, 2014
    Isnt it weird how users rarely agree with critic scores? Take a look at Destiny that clearly copyed Warframe, critics love it, users hate it, just a weird side note.

Anyway ive st arted playing a f ew weeks ago and I love it, it has so much contat and so many hours of gameplay that you cant believe its a free game. Ofc you can purchase things with real money, but then again, you can earn the currency needed in game aswell, so there is no need to spend money on anything. An amazing game that everyone should have a look at it.

The reason I did not give it a full scrore is because it has bugs, not during gameplay, but while you are inside your ship, they rly piss me off from time to time.
  61. Sep 5, 2013
    Official reviews don't do it justice. This game rocks!
    Ninjas
    Guns
    RPG
    Awesome

Seriously.... play it.

You're not playing it. Just play it.
    It's free
  62. Jun 3, 2013
    Let me clarify: levels are randomly generated everytime- It takes an hour of gameplay to realize this. Running out of lives doesn't mean you can't play anymore- you just can't revive for the level if you die after being incapacitated and you're not saved by teammates in time. No gameplay changing content is locked from free players- It's all behind random drop tables.. And if you think theLet me clarify: levels are randomly generated everytime- It takes an hour of gameplay to realize this. Running out of lives doesn't mean you can't play anymore- you just can't revive for the level if you die after being incapacitated and you're not saved by teammates in time. No gameplay changing content is locked from free players- It's all behind random drop tables.. And if you think the grinding and crafting systems are harsh, let me tell you you haven't played enough F2P games.
    You should take Warframe for what it is- a run'n'gun time with friends whenever you have a break. and how comes none mentioned the stunning particle effects? It looks like a tech demo at times!
  63. Jun 16, 2014
    Amazing F2P game with a really impressive development team. They are extremely transparent with what they are working on and get the community heavily involved through weekly devstreams and Q&A.
    Warframe is a constantly evolving game with new things added frequently.
    Warframe is a constantly evolving game with new things added frequently.
    The fairest pay model I have ever seen. EVERYTHING but cosmetics can be acquired through normal gameplay, and cosmetics that cannot be acquired through normal gameplay can be acquired by selling materials or blueprints you do not need for the premium currency.

However, Warframe still has yet to polish its new player experience, which holds the game back. A proper intro and tutorial are needed badly for any future expansion of its playerbase. As of now, getting started is the most difficult part of Warframe.
  64. Jan 27, 2014
    I recently got the console version of this game and I have to say, this game is utterly fantastic. I've played multiple hours and I've seen no bugs and no glitches. It's a well rounded, great game, as far as made for PC on console games go. The only bad part about this game is that a lot of the items are very expensive and can only be bought with platinum, something I have not found inI recently got the console version of this game and I have to say, this game is utterly fantastic. I've played multiple hours and I've seen no bugs and no glitches. It's a well rounded, great game, as far as made for PC on console games go. The only bad part about this game is that a lot of the items are very expensive and can only be bought with platinum, something I have not found in game and the only other way of getting is buying from the online store. Other than that, this game is remarkable. Expand
  65. Mar 27, 2013
    First of all, as of writing this review, the game is still BETA. This means there are many bugs: laser doors that NEVER go off -despite what some will say about cameras and 20 seconds-, glitches, connection problems (I'm writing this out of the game and could not enter a coop game, only solo...). The game might also lack some diversity, and maybe the stuff is too expensive (you don't haveFirst of all, as of writing this review, the game is still BETA. This means there are many bugs: laser doors that NEVER go off -despite what some will say about cameras and 20 seconds-, glitches, connection problems (I'm writing this out of the game and could not enter a coop game, only solo...). The game might also lack some diversity, and maybe the stuff is too expensive (you don't have to buy it anyway...), but you know what? Get a couple of friends and this game is just AWESOME. The gameplay is excellent, the graphics are amongst the best I've ever seen in a F2P and it probably will be even more awesome when it's finished. I'm just addicted right now, and I know I don't get addicted that easy. Well enough about the time out, back to it! Expand
  66. May 25, 2013
    Play it if you like or enjoy:
    Action Shoot+Slash games
    3rd person futuristic mecha character models Mod-able character and weapon abilities Free to Play with micro transactions for convenience A samurai/ninja motif for character weapons and abilities Keep playing it if you: Don't mind being limited in your resources or options based on cash transactions Don't mind grinding Have
    Play it if you like or enjoy:
    Action Shoot+Slash games
    3rd person futuristic mecha character models
    Mod-able character and weapon abilities
    Free to Play with micro transactions for convenience
    A samurai/ninja motif for character weapons and abilities

Keep playing it if you:
    Don't mind grinding
    Have friends who are also looking to play or if you can find a clan to join
    Can ignore occasional design elements that will frustrate you
    Don't mind relying on a RNG

Avoid it if you can't stand:
    Grinding
    No in game story
    Relying on a RNG
    Repetitive gameplay and enemies
    Being constantly reminded of the presence of micro transactions

This may be a beta, but short of giant sweeping changes to the entire game in regards to how it's played and structured, it could well be argued that what you see now is what you will see at release.
  67. Apr 4, 2013
    its free to play yes and its great not thats its better than farcry 3 but good for f2p good graphic the gameplay is very good it isent that hard and just good for f2p.
    only your weapen outfit is hard to pick beacose they made it but you will get it later.
    so its free so go try it why not only 1.2 gb so why not its 4 player coop and just great
  68. Aug 29, 2014
    This is possibly the best F2P game I've ever played for 100+ hours and still going. The only reason I rate an 8/10 is because its generic F2P store system. People say "Oh the levels are the same throughout the game". Well, I can disagree and disprove, the only times the levels would be the same is when you're on the same planet still, also considering the fact that you're fighting againstThis is possibly the best F2P game I've ever played for 100+ hours and still going. The only reason I rate an 8/10 is because its generic F2P store system. People say "Oh the levels are the same throughout the game". Well, I can disagree and disprove, the only times the levels would be the same is when you're on the same planet still, also considering the fact that you're fighting against ONE **** FACTION thus meaning they're probably not going to waste resources building bigger, awesomer ships (realistically). Just play through the **** game and you'll see different landscapes and harder, awesomer bosses. Don't play 3 missions and be like, oh the game is just the same so I'm going to rate it low (like the critics do). No, the game **** changes you **** S-H-I-TS!!! Expand
  69. Mar 26, 2013
    I've been playing the Warframe Closed Beta for more than a month, and this game ROCKS!! It's FtP, and was released on Steam within the last day or so, so now there's no excuse not to go and get it. The character ani's are very smooth, the tile sets are well-done, and the action is non-stop, especially in Co-op play. (The developers have said they have no plans to offer a PvP mode.) TheI've been playing the Warframe Closed Beta for more than a month, and this game ROCKS!! It's FtP, and was released on Steam within the last day or so, so now there's no excuse not to go and get it. The character ani's are very smooth, the tile sets are well-done, and the action is non-stop, especially in Co-op play. (The developers have said they have no plans to offer a PvP mode.) The leveling system recently underwent a massive change, which made the game more challenging. It also opened up a much wider spectrum of upgrade possibilities than was available previously. The game still has some small room for improvement, but it is a heck of a lot of fun to play--and it's FREE!! Strongly recommended. Expand
  70. Mar 26, 2013
    The gameplay is pretty fun, even though the missions and environments are pretty repetitive. I wouldn't mind so much if I could actually improve my skills without having to spend real life money to buy 'platinum'. Since the credits you earn from missions is a pathetic sum compared to the cost of powering up your mods (without mods you basically have a lv30 Warframe that's as strong as aThe gameplay is pretty fun, even though the missions and environments are pretty repetitive. I wouldn't mind so much if I could actually improve my skills without having to spend real life money to buy 'platinum'. Since the credits you earn from missions is a pathetic sum compared to the cost of powering up your mods (without mods you basically have a lv30 Warframe that's as strong as a lv1). You get a maximum of 5000 credits if you farm the first boss for an item he drops worth 2500 credits 100% of the time. Building a new Warframe is also a chore, it costs 35k for the master blueprint, you then have to farm the specific boss for blueprints for helmet, chassis and systems. Not only will this take forever because of poor droprates, the parts also cost 25k each to build and 24 hours build time. You then have to build the Warframe for 25k more with a build time of 72 hours. We're already at 135k, but it doesn't end there! You also need an 'Orokin Reactor' to supercharge your Warframe, or you will be stuck at 50% of it's maximum potential. These only drop from rare alerts that have special rewards, with those Reactors being just about the rarest to come by. Once you finally get the blueprint for that, it takes another 35k to build that. So we're at 170k for a second Warframe. Couple this with MAYBE max 40k an hour for farming, and you're grinding the same mission over and over for at least 4.5 hours. Everything takes months in this game without spending real life money, for which in game items have a ridiculous price. Buying the pack for the Warframe 'Frost' (1 Warframe, 1 primary, 1 secondary and 1 melee) costs a whopping 60 USD. I can easily buy 5 great games for that kind of money in Steam sales which won't bore me to tears like Warframe does. Expand
  71. Mar 28, 2013
    Surprisingly decent and fleshed out game for a f2p-action "shooter". However,there are quite a few problems with it right now. (check the review date)

Cons: Warframe is essentially a mix of shooter and hack and slash ninja melee combat that works quite well....up until you get to the harder levels and get matched up with braindead teammates against bulletsponging enemies. And that's where the main problem of this game (at least right now) is: The matchmaking is absolutely awful. You'll get thrown into running matches,sometimes right at the end of a mission or spawned in the middle of a huge enemy group, often unable to do anything before you get downed. Also,LAG. No dedicated servers. If the host of a match has bad connection, you will suffer from debilitating lag and teleporting enemies. And let me warn you of this right now: Soloplay is extremely hard and often simply impossible due to the spawns of enemies and damage they dish out. If you're downed and you have no teammates, you're instantly dead. You *can* revive yourself 4 times a day, but most missions are simply too hard to tackle solo right now. You *could* do the majority of missions stealthily,but again,the matchmaking strikes. Once you're teamed up with randoms,forget about stealth gameplay. They'll charge right into the enemy you're just creeping up on,raising alarm and ruining your chances of stealth for the rest of the mission.

Pros: The occasional match is *really* fun,and if you can find decent groups (basically,if you're lucky or have friends you can play with), this game can be an absolute blast. There's different ninja-esque moves that you can pull off like wallrunning,sliding and backflipping,and you can combine these different moves while not losing control over your character. This makes for some awesome moments as the moves feel really fluid and you can shoot while executing them. There's a lot of customization and rpg-elements, each weapon can be leveled and modded and each Warframe (Class) has different abilities and can also be modified. Lots of possibilities with different mod combinations on weapons, but there is a lot of luck and RnG involved. Some mods are really strong and boost your power a lot,but if you don't have luck and find one mod of that kind in a mission,you'll just never get it. Example: I've played with a mate for about 5 days and at one point he found a mod that boosts your shield capacity for 140% (after leveling it up once,he can level it up even further to get even more shield capacity). Shields are crucial for survival as they can be replenished quite quickly with another mod,and 140% shield capacity basically means he can take more than twice as much a pounding. This is a huge upgrade. In the 5 days we've played (about 45 hours) I haven't found this mod once,so I still am a lot more vulnerable than he is. Then again,I have a rifle that freezes,stuns and burns enemies at once and a frost-twohander that shatters and bursts foes into bits,and he didn't get as lucky with the elemental damage mods. The diceroll system is something to keep in mind,you might be craving for an awesome mod which you just wont find for days,and there currently is no other way to get or trade mods other than finding them during missions as enemy drops.

Customization+ F2P-modell: The selection of Warframes and weapons is decent right now. However, some weapons,warframes and all of the customization options are locked unless you're willing to pay...a LOT. The prices for the ingame currency are horrendous as they are right now. you won't get the majority of Classes and Weapons unless you pay at least 27€. for ONE class. or about 14€ for ONE weapon. A lot of cashmilking going on there,as most of these weapons are simply better than your standard loadout. You can unlock some weapons and even classes without paying,but it takes quite a while,especially the materials you need for the classes will take you weeks of grinding. You'll need to farm bosses for rare blueprints for classes and rare materials to craft those, and each of the three parts required to craft a Warframe ingame requires 3-4 different materials with 1-2 being rare. They then take 12hours and 15000credits (quite a lot) each to craft, and the warframe itself will take 3days and another 25.000 creds to complete. So you're looking at atleast a week of grinding *IF* you're extremely lucky with drops and spend your cash and time on nothing else,and another week of crafting that Warframe (class),which you will then need to level up from zero.

Summary: If you have a few people you can play with or your annoyance threshold for bad matchmaking and braindead teammates is high, I definetely recommend trying Warframe. However,unless you're willing to pay (a LOT), you won't be getting much diversity. Most missions are prolonged tuberuns,you'll always be following a set path with limited variation. If you enjoy games like Mass Effect,Quake or Ninja Gaiden, give this one a try.
  72. Apr 9, 2013
    Warframe is a cooperative free-to-play online action game that is now available on the popular service Steam. I have over 35 Hours clocked and many more on the way, this game mixes guns and swords effectively to create an intense battlefield for you to brawl through. This game offers a solo or multiplayer experience allowing you to battle solo or group together with teammates and fightWarframe is a cooperative free-to-play online action game that is now available on the popular service Steam. I have over 35 Hours clocked and many more on the way, this game mixes guns and swords effectively to create an intense battlefield for you to brawl through. This game offers a solo or multiplayer experience allowing you to battle solo or group together with teammates and fight alongside.
    Now I know a lot of the reviews say that it’s repetitive with the missions being the same again and again but it’s not, the missions share rooms but are randomly generated giving a different experience each time.
    The graphics are very nice and work well with the style of the game; however it may cause trouble with the lower systems although optimizations are on the list to be changed.
    There is a nice amount of customisation in the game between the different weapons you can use, primary, secondary and melee. These weapons can be personalized with mods that can be acquired as random drops throughout missions, giving the player a wide range of modifications available to them.
    This game also has crafting which allows you to craft any weapon or warframe in the game as long as you have the correct blueprint which can be bought from the in-game shop or found as a rare reward. Yes, in-game shop. The shop allows the player to buy weapons, equipment, warframes and blueprints using in-game money OR ‘premium’ (Bought Cash). This game is powered by in-game transactions however it does not make it a Pay-To-Win game, as stated before you can craft anything in the game aside from visual add-ons.
    Overall I think this game has potential and I enjoy playing it, solo and with friends. I give Warframe a rating of 8/10 as I think there are a few improvements that need to be done but on the whole a really good game.
  73. Sep 4, 2013
    when you hate this game, you better just leave and even dont review the game !
    some kind of bugs but for the rest great job, keep it up to date!

it's a great shooting game where you need to work together, some things aren't balanced yet, and for the graphics isn't a recommended game, just for the gameplay.
  74. Apr 6, 2013
    The graphics are nice and they fit the mood, the overall style is pretty cool! The gunplay with ranged weapons is satisfying but could still be better. Overall it has nice and smooth animations, still there could be more of them.. The melee combat bugs me, it could be alot better in any way.. This game has alot more room for changes/optimizations, it also performs pretty bad on goodThe graphics are nice and they fit the mood, the overall style is pretty cool! The gunplay with ranged weapons is satisfying but could still be better. Overall it has nice and smooth animations, still there could be more of them.. The melee combat bugs me, it could be alot better in any way.. This game has alot more room for changes/optimizations, it also performs pretty bad on good systems... But so far, pretty nice! Give it a try! It only has 1,6 GB... I leave with a 6/10, to be changed in the future...

For now it is only "above average", nothing more, nothing less..
  75. Apr 2, 2013
    Really great game. It has large updates that are put out each month. It keeps getting better. Very polished gameplay. One of the best free to play games I've played. I would highly recommend experiencing it with your friends as it was meant to be played cooperatively and it's a far more fun than when played solo.
  76. Apr 2, 2013
    First of i would like to say that this game is still in open beta, even if it is on steam. With that being said, they aren't done adding stuff to it.

This game is like mixture Mass Effect 3, Diablo, and Vanquish. The shooting mechanics are simple yet not to easy, with a wide range of weapons (Both melee and firearms) it is easy to take down any boss if you are actually good. Weapons are similar to the designs of the real world but still get there own hyper futuristic spin on it. The scenery of the levels are very detailed in what a ship would look like and it helps immerse you into the whole space ninja vibe.

Currently there are only 6 map types. 3 of which are used for every other mission and the other 3 for defense missions. People complain that its repetitve because of seeing the same levels over and over again. Well its still in beta, the devs are still working on more.

The sound fits perfectly but one thing i could not get my mind off is that the bosses speak another language but the foot soldiers speak English.

The mod system is pretty basic and also very entertaining. It upgrades your stats and is also like a trading card game (trade system is said to be coming soon). they also drop randomly from missions and can be put together to enhance another mod.

The game is called Warframe because of these battle suits. But they are all so different in there own way. The powers they contain (or Skills) are diverse and always help out someway on the battlefield. there are about 13 and all of them can be purchased with real cash or built by buying there blueprints with in-game money. It takes sometime to build these weapons and warframes but if you want to rush the process use real cash to get it anytime you want.

Lots of people have complaints about the cash parts of the game, with everything thats purchasable with cash can also be gotten within time for free, so those prices are pretty fair (coming from a bargain hunter not a fan)

this game deserves a 9 but since its in open beta and bound to have problems in some way, ill give it its worthy 10, in full release i will give it an actual review

(update from my last review sorry)
  77. Apr 3, 2013
    Free to Play, great graphics, new updates pretty often and great gameplay. Looks like they are developing a lot of depth to the game with each large update they do. It will be fascinating to see this game evolve over the coming months. I can't wait to see what they add next. The first release of the game started pretty light on the content, but after a few updates, it's not getting aFree to Play, great graphics, new updates pretty often and great gameplay. Looks like they are developing a lot of depth to the game with each large update they do. It will be fascinating to see this game evolve over the coming months. I can't wait to see what they add next. The first release of the game started pretty light on the content, but after a few updates, it's not getting a lot heavier on the content and art sets. It's worth checking to see if it's your cup of tea. Expand
  78. Dec 1, 2014
    Warframe is a nicely done sci-fi hack-and slash third-person shooter with lots of customization options and replayability.
    Each Warframe has 4 abilities and can be equipped with lots of passive upgrades, called mods, which drop randomly from enemies.
    Everything in this game can be bought with ingame money, as well as real money. The level-design remembers me somehow of Lego, as there
    Everything in this game can be bought with ingame money, as well as real money.
    The level-design remembers me somehow of Lego, as there are finished rooms which are put together randomly every level to make every level unique.
    The AI is pretty good, too. Enemies are trying to take cover most of the time and barely stand out in the open.
    It actually has no story yet, but that doesnt really matter, as it is still a lot of fun, specially with friends, to slice/shoot your way through hordes of enemies.
    it gets pretty boring after a while though.
  79. Apr 5, 2013
    I found Warframe uninspired, boring, and uncompelling (although the skinner boxes were clearly apparent and undisguised). The UI was horrible. For example, after gaining a level in a weapon, a button related to it would flash even though there was nothing you could do with it if you clicked that button, and clicking it would not make it stop flashing. By default, if you attempted to startI found Warframe uninspired, boring, and uncompelling (although the skinner boxes were clearly apparent and undisguised). The UI was horrible. For example, after gaining a level in a weapon, a button related to it would flash even though there was nothing you could do with it if you clicked that button, and clicking it would not make it stop flashing. By default, if you attempted to start a mission, it would drop you into someone else's already-in-progress mission with no explanation and not tell you what had already happened. There's also no explanation of how to use the UI, or install mods, so you're left to figure that out yourself, and not informed when you're able to do so. If you don't explore all the menus and realize what the numbers mean, you won't realize you can equip your first power (or later powers, although they take exponentially more levels to gain, and I stopped before getting them).

The first time I tried to start the first mission, it dropped me into one which another player had nearly completed, and completed it without my assistance, and I was left with the impression that the levels were one small deck, lasted about 2 minutes, and had no sensible instructions because that was all I saw until I realized what had happened and started the mission again on single-player (which is still hosted by their servers). They're actually much bigger, and randomly generated, and you do get a minimum of instructions as you start each game, and as it goes on. But if you just join a game you get thrown into it in the middle it doesn't bother to matchmake players and start new games with them, it just throws you into existing ones.

The enemies, at least for the beginning two or three missions, are all identical, shooting them in the head does not kill them (it does slightly more damage), and yet they were not particularly entertaining to fight and the only real concerns were not to let them get close, and "where the hell are these red balls that keep appearing on me and exploding coming from?"

I also ran into half a dozen bugs, some extremely frustrating, in the first 5 minutes I tried the game, which is amazing (I ran into none in a week of playing War Thunder, and it too is in beta, and nothing approaching that bug density in PS2's beta). (It got better after I uninstalled the game, waited a couple days, reinstalled it, and tried it again with no other players but the game is supposed to be about playing with other people, not singleplayer, so if it's buggy with other people, that's a problem)

So: Lack of attention to bugs, terrible UI, no explanation of the UI or how to install mods, powers do not automatically become available as you level up, matchmaking drops you into the middle or end of missions that you have never played before, skinner boxes, non-compelling gameplay, and I did not even mention all the things with gameplay benefits (better weapons, etc) that you can only acquire with real money. Some items can be acquired with in-game points, some can not, and if the amount of 'platinum' currency they give you to start with is equivalent to $10, then those items must be extremely overpriced (because they're more expensive).
  80. Apr 6, 2013
    This game has a good idea behind it, and its obvious that a huge amount of work went into the graphics and gameplay. Sadly, the product is a jakny mess, with melee combat feeling as smooth as driving a forklift, the guns lacking satisfying punch, and several of the warframe class based abilities being downright useless (loki, Im looking at you) this game is in dire need of some polish. AddThis game has a good idea behind it, and its obvious that a huge amount of work went into the graphics and gameplay. Sadly, the product is a jakny mess, with melee combat feeling as smooth as driving a forklift, the guns lacking satisfying punch, and several of the warframe class based abilities being downright useless (loki, Im looking at you) this game is in dire need of some polish. Add to that the problem of hideously occurring environments and enemies, and you have a great looking, great sounding game which leaves me just wanting something more. I feel like the problem was that the dev team made the game, complete with assets and game logic, without asking the opinion of anyone NOT involved with the project. Were I making a passion project, and just wanted to make a butt-baby of MGS and Ninja Gaiden, this would be a visually acceptable result. However, I, personally, dont have all that much attachment to this game's visuals (well made though they may be), so the game's numerous and glaring gameplay flaws force me to give this game a 4. Expand
  81. Apr 9, 2013
    I wrote 20 min review and it vanished this the game is only for ridch kiddies
    I wrote 20 min review and it vanished this the game is only for ridch kiddies
    **** I wrote 20 min review and it vanished this the game is only for ridch kiddies**** I wrote 20 min review and it vanished this the game is only for ridch kiddies**** I wrote 20 min review and it vanished this the game is only for ridch kiddies**** I wrote 20 min review and it vanished this the game is only for ridch kiddies**** I wrote 20 min review and it vanished this the game is only for ridch kiddies**** I wrote 20 min review and it vanished this the game is only for ridch kiddies
  82. Dec 5, 2013
    This game is simply great. The problem with the score from the critics, is that they rated this game when it first came out as open beta, not the completed game. Even at this date, the game is till in beta, but is leaps and bounds better then 6 months ago. Give it a try, all it will cost you is a few moments of your time, not money, it is Free to Play.
  83. Apr 19, 2013
    Warframe is a good game ran by a team that listens to its community.

Warframe is a good game ran by a team that listens to its community.

the games visuals are one of the things I like most about the game, other than its free. gameplay feels smooth and responsive. granted, the game doesn't scream "best game ever!" but for a free game its not far from it. some features still need implementing to bulk it out as at the moment, the game is small and can be repetitive.

the game keeps you coming back to play more, if only for an hour at a time and anything that can be purchased with micro transactions can still be acquired without purchase.

score:

Visuals 8.5
    Gameplay 9
    Content 6
    OVERALL 7.8

the score is a little low for the mean time but the game is still in development so more content would be a higher score.
  84. Feb 7, 2014
    Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.GoodGood game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game. Expand
  85. Apr 25, 2013
    Amazing game so far! I downloaded it as it came out for the open beta, and have since spent over 50 hours in play and over 100 hours in the game itself (according to steam)
    The combat is fun with a variety of enemies that are still going to be expanded.
    The weapons are mostly individual and all have their shining moments. Some balancing changes still need to be made here, but it is not an influence to the game at all.
    Considering that this game just came out for open beta, it is one of the best games i have played so far, and i can only wait till the new updates come out to make it the truely amazing game that it is inside

And its free. O_O
    not the free kind where you need to buy things to have fun later on, but really really free.
  86. May 29, 2013
    Nice game to relax and spent 2-3 hours per day ^___________^ Free to play and all goods can be crafted without donate. 2 base warframe slots and 8 base weapon slots is good to try game.
  87. Apr 28, 2013
    Nice game. Very fun gameplay, but there are not enough level differences. In that aspect it gets a bit boring sometimes.
    The game gets regular updates and is still being improved.

I think its worth a try. And the best of all, its free to play.
  88. Apr 30, 2013
    The game, for the first started out as very nice, and then suddenly became very boring and repetitive. The three enemy classes are just copy pasted everywhere on repetitive missions.
    The community consists of piss poor people who can't afford hardware upgrades. 8 out of 10 matches you see are horridly laggy to the point where you can just go afk and earn credit/experience rewards. You quite often see posts like 'omg performance so poor I have dual core/pentium/integrated chipset etc etc'. Horrible scaling with even decent hardware. With several enemies on screen, I with an i7 3930k 4.0Ghz,GTX-Titan see drops to 25fps. Horrible optimization. GPU usage never goes above 20%.
    People say they're the best devs, but they can't even fix an annoying issue like screen shake. They're worse than Crytek in all respects.
    Totally unbalanced weapons, and a weak mod system which requires begging to God and non-stop 24/7 grinding. Meleeing feels weak at best.
    Solo mode spawns soo many enemies on you, and most of the smaller units stunlock you before you can move a muscle.
    I am surprised at people who spent 250$ on a grand master package in which they could have easily afforded a better system. Its seriously laughable.
  89. May 8, 2013
    This is a really good game. I have had so much fun with it. The only issue is that I cannot play with my friends at all. the game just breaks when I try. Also, I am not a fan of the in-game store, but I understand the need for it and it does not totally break the game. As in, the game is totally playable without spending a dime.
  90. May 9, 2013
    First of, i want to remind everyone that this game is above all, still in its Beta, there are bugs and limited content, lack of balance in some aspects, and it is to be expected, HOWEVER, the game WORKS, and not only that it works better then alot of released mmos out there, and the game is in a continual progression, we can expect a new piece of content (new weapon mostly, but also newFirst of, i want to remind everyone that this game is above all, still in its Beta, there are bugs and limited content, lack of balance in some aspects, and it is to be expected, HOWEVER, the game WORKS, and not only that it works better then alot of released mmos out there, and the game is in a continual progression, we can expect a new piece of content (new weapon mostly, but also new enemies, maps) every week, and the regular live podcast show how dedicated the developers are to make this work.

and now for some pro vs cons

-pro

this game has a nice "feel" in its playstyle, it reminds us alot of other games, like assasin's creed or prince of persia, sure the manoeuvres are hard to perform at times, but mastering them offers an advanteage on several maps, like shortcuts, a way out of a troop of enemies, secret loot stashes, the game also offers a wide variety of weapons, eventough as in every game there are the "favorites", they mostly require a bit of dedication to obtain, forcing players to master several other to unlock them, the crafting system might require some improvement, mainly concerning the high demand of some materials in several crafts (think rubedo for warframes), along with a considerable waiting time of 12h -3 days to finally get your item, although i understand it might bother some people, i personally favor this system, forcing people to be patient, slowing them down in order to take their time instead of directly unlocking every single item in the game.
    as for the graphics, for a free to play game, they are pretty much excellent, eventough some more polishing couldn t hurt when it comes to the models, for that i ll have to compare them to shoot mania (not a free to play game, but with a similar kind of model when it comes to characters) for the background graphics, we are mainly confronted to 3 types of layouts, cavern, outside ice planet, and spaceship, all of them look great, however some diversity in the future is expected (fire planet, desert landscape, etc...)
    on the side of the soundtrack, i am split, the gun sounds works well, altough maybe a tad loud by default, the ambiance music is fitting to give you the impression of an infiltration scenario, but considering the very hyperactive playstyle, constantly runing and jumping and crouching and sliding, something a bit more "adrenaline enducing" might be more appropriate. On the voice acting again, my opinion is split, on one side the lovely Lotus, who is constantly warning you of what is happening around, when you get spoted, warning you for incomming patrols or strong enemies, and also telling you about the Lore behind each boss during the Assasination missions, with a variety of different scripts so that we don t get bored by always hearing the same exact speech, on another hand, the enemie's voices need work, i understand they tried to go for the cryptic broken-coded-robotic voice, and eventough with time we manage to understand what the enemies are saying (and then again, some quotes remain pure gibberish), it is mostly annoying to have the feeling that a bunch of Predator ladies are having an eternal chat on the same frequency as your radio

-cons

i believe that everyone shall agree that the cash shop's price in this game are pretty much insane, however, exept for some purely cosmetic choises (like color palettes or accessories to decorate your sentinel pets) you have no need for platinums, sure you might wish that you had them to directly buy that weapon or warframe you want, or to skip the crafting time of a certain item, but considering the fact that all the items are accessible ingame, using platinium to skip and get the "good stuff" directly kinda goes against the general idea, wich is that this game is about the journey, not the destination, what is the point of getting everything right away, what are you gonna do after having to fight to get what we want is the main motivation in the game.
    having said that, there is ONE aspect on wich platinium can make a huge difference, and that aspect is your inventory space, the inventory at the start of the game is EXTREMELY limited, with only 2 Warframe slots, and 6 weapon slots, of course you can use the 50 platiniums that you get for free when you start the game to add some more slots, but even so, it does limit the players extremely, and it is an aspect upon wich the developers MUST look into for the good of this game's future.

So to sum it all up, this game is definitely worth taking a look into, mostly recommended for those who got patience, and is most definitely full of potential, if the developers continue on the path they have taken and keep on the current rythm of work, it could very quickly become a masterpiece... and all that for free.
  91. May 9, 2013
    This game is in the middle of beta so it really isn't fair to score it just yet, but each update has had a fairly meaty amount of content added to the game. "Dungeons" are randomly generated through tile sets and remain challenging after quite a few hours of play. Looking forward to playing the finished version.
  92. May 9, 2013
    Wow, so Metacritic lets you review Betas?

OK let review this Beta then. You cannot comment about storyline as it isn’t implemented yet, let’s not discuss it. You cannot comment about balance as it being balanced on a daily basis, let’s not discuss it. You cannot comment about features as we don’t even know what is fully expected, plus new features are being implemented on a
    Wow, so Metacritic lets you review Betas?

OK let review this Beta then.

You cannot comment about features as we don’t even know what is fully expected, plus new features are being implemented on a fortnightly basis. Let’s not discuss features.

You cannot comment about repetitive zones as we only have a handful so far, the zones are constantly expanded and new ones are always on their way. Let’s not discuss repetitive zones. The same goes for enemies, weapons, equipment and mods.

I guess the only thing that is beneficial to discuss is how well the Beta itself is running, so here we go.

The game has bugs as it’s in Beta, as they are found they are fixed in updates. The updates are very often and they don’t require massive down times like Wow or Diablo 3. Every update I’ve seen whilst playing hasn’t even needed me to log off while it’s occurring. New content is being delivered at a crazy rate, every two weeks at the most we’ve received new content which is fantastic.

The servers have been extremely stable (in fact, so is the engine). I haven’t had a crash or disconnect since I started playing. These days I don’t even expect this from a finished product let alone a Beta.
    The game runs peer-to-peer so even when the host disconnects it will automatically transfer to another player.

All the content that you NEED to play can be unlocked via playing. I wouldn’t be surprised if they make it harder to obtain items this way as it’s extremely easy. I don’t mind individual items costing high amounts or real life cash (for example the most expensive warframe is the Ash for 225 platinum, at the worst conversion is $15). I’ll only be spending cash simply so Digital Extremes can eat, otherwise I can just unlock any items I want in game. Using the same example, I decided I wanted the Ash, farmed the materials in one night (from what I hear I’m slightly lucky) then built it over 3.5 days.

The only items you cannot unlock via playing are expanded colour palettes for customising your look (75 platinum for about 30 or so shades, I’d need to log into the game to check how many you get), inventory slots for weapons (12 platinum for two) and warframes(suits) (20 platinum each). If you buy Platinum at the most expensive conversion ($5 for 75 plat) you can see that it’s not that bad.

All-in-all I am incredibly happy with this Beta and have only seen one other Beta of this quality which is Path of Exile.

Now I just hope Metacritic wipe all these PREVIEWS when the game goes live. I would hate to see people skip this game simply because of a flawed site like Metacritic.
  93. May 10, 2013
    J'ai viens de finir le tutoriel et ce jeu envoie déjà du lourd, normalement je n'aime pas le jeu de ninja mais là j'adore !!
    J'espère que le Multi est encore mieux malgré la beta, merci.
  94. May 11, 2013
    I absolutely LOVE this game. I can come back to this game multiple times and play it for hours non-stop.
  95. May 11, 2013
    Warframe is a wonderful third person cooperative free to play game emphasis on hack'n slash and shooting hordes of enemies. Its like a cream filling in the game without complicated features. All this game had is combat with guns, melee, and unique abilities each character have. Customization of your own character and gun through the use of mods and paint but you have to buy the paint. 50Warframe is a wonderful third person cooperative free to play game emphasis on hack'n slash and shooting hordes of enemies. Its like a cream filling in the game without complicated features. All this game had is combat with guns, melee, and unique abilities each character have. Customization of your own character and gun through the use of mods and paint but you have to buy the paint. 50 platinum in game money given for free, use it wisely such as character slot or upgrades for your character. Be warned, lots of grinding ahead but that it still fun playing while grinding at the same time. Story is near to none existent and does not have in depth anything. to sum it up, Just pure fighting shooting cooperative game. Play with your friend or invite your friend to play, games shine when you play with someone you know. Expand
  96. May 12, 2013
    The game it's VERY fun to play. The game has AWESOAME graffics,and doens't BURN your PC. That show a very good programation in making the game. Play Multiplayer, or ever Coop Witch Friends are the best tipe of gameplay.
    BUT the environment of the levels are VERY repetitive. Some times, i coud think that i was playing the same Level Twice.
    The Meele System of fighting is a little confuse
    The Meele System of fighting is a little confuse at the begining, the Shooting System remembers me of "Mass effect", "Gears of war" or even the "Uncharted" series.

To a Free to Play game, it's just what a game has to be. The Uptates are monthly, the game is almost Free of Bugs. But Later, They will have to take care of that "Incredible" race called "Hackers".
    The Game is Awesoame.
  97. May 12, 2013
    With it being a FREE game (and i wish i didn't have to start with that) it is extremely addicting and fun to play, no, it's nothing inspirational or revolutionary, but it is with out a doubt a satisfying game that i would gladly pay atleast 30$ for.

If you just want to try it out, go ahead! It is not game that you MUST play alot to have fun or even be good at. But at the same time you are rewarded if you do decide to play it tons.

I would recommend this game to every single PC gamer simply because i don't see how anyone could not ATLEAST have a few hours of fun with this game.....and hey, a fun time for free? who wouldn't be down for that.
  98. May 16, 2013
    If you love deep weapon customization, sexy character creation, fast-paced gameplay, orgasmic graphics, repetitive level designs, and item drops then this game is for you. Warframe really shines when you have friends to play co-op with, sadly I have none.
  99. May 18, 2013
    Graphic is nice, game-play is a little bit lacking of challenge and variability but the team is keeping updating new stuffs. It's still ongoing the open beta so It's acceptable for me when game crashes or bug comes out.

The most important part is: IT'S FREE. Actually, even there are some "platinum" can be bought with steam wallet and be used to purchase in-game weapons and items

The most important part is: IT'S FREE.

Actually, even there are some "platinum" can be bought with steam wallet and be used to purchase in-game weapons and items directly, the only thing that can make me to pay are extra slots to storage new weapons and new character. The Most of in-game items can be built with blueprint and material which randomly dropped from defeated enemies, and it's fun to gather those stuff across the universe.

Anyway, It's free. so go try it.
  100. May 24, 2013
    being a player that go this the day closed beta began by far this game needs more credit it think its a new type of PvE 4player co-op never have seen any game like this
  101. May 26, 2013

1. Sep 11, 2014
    The idea with the Tamagotchi-space-dogs is already absolutely amazing.
  2. Feb 27, 2014
    One year and twelve updates in, Warframe appears to be a solid action game leveraging really excellent technology to create a fun and engaging experience. There are still some rough edges and many opportunities to amp up the variety of content, but with a compelling world and addictive, twitchy action, Warframe has a lot to offer.
  3. With the lack of a Pay to Win system and easy engagement for new players, Warframe offers some quality time.