8.3

1. Dantheman
    Sep 22, 2005
    They really killed this game with the add-on... Dont buy it if you like the original as they have changed build orders and unit caps and loads of other stuff... rubbish real rubbish and the imp guard suck - no one would use them in their right mind!
  2. Doc
    Oct 4, 2005
    How initially disappointing! I have totally enjoyed playing single player DOW ( I never play online...and have "dial up" ) On buying the game, I found I can't play it or get it installed without downloading the online available patches v1.1-1.4........so until then its useless to me....I give it some points because I'm sure it will be fun ONCE I finally figure out how to get How initially disappointing! I have totally enjoyed playing single player DOW ( I never play online...and have "dial up" ) On buying the game, I found I can't play it or get it installed without downloading the online available patches v1.1-1.4........so until then its useless to me....I give it some points because I'm sure it will be fun ONCE I finally figure out how to get these patches downloaded before I'm kicked offline.... sighhhh.... Expand

The Imperial Guard only add to the frantic gameplay in a positive way by allowing a slightly different style of play for the more defensively minded.
    Not since Blizzard unleashed "Brood Wars" on the "Starcraft" community has a developer put such a well-conceived effort into an expansion pack. Relic has rewarded the patience of its fans with an absolute must have add-on, and for any RTS fan that hasn't already picked up the original game...no more excuses.
  3. Winter Assault adds a new playable faction, new units to existing factions, a new single-player game, and some of tweaks and additions that should make most Dawn of War fans very happy, and might win a few converts, too.