7.3

1. Sebastian
    Jan 8, 2007
    The opening cinematic for 'Warhammer: Mark of Chaos' really got me excited. 5 minutes into the I had realized that I would never be able to love the game. I already had 'Medieval: Total War' which was similar in concept, but much better in reality. The thing that really turned me off 'Mark of Chaos' was the battle animations. A glorious letdown.
  2. KennethM.
    Nov 22, 2006
    This game is nothing like warhammer. It's basicly a warcraft clone click fest... I feel like crying...
  3. DominicP.
    Feb 8, 2007
    Awesome! This game really takes a lot of thinking and that exactly is what make it so cool! I wish that more RTS games were like Mark Of Chaos. I hope the keep patching and updating it. Every Patch makes it better!
  4. PaulJ.
    May 22, 2007
    After reading the previews and reviews in Micromanía (Spain) I was looking forward to the game, however I was soon disappointed. The start-up movie is great and really sets the scene, but although the graphics are good, the gameplay lets this game down. Basically, WH: MOC plays like WH: Dark Omen; this is a really old game that I had for my PS1 and apart from the graphics and After reading the previews and reviews in Micromanía (Spain) I was looking forward to the game, however I was soon disappointed. The start-up movie is great and really sets the scene, but although the graphics are good, the gameplay lets this game down. Basically, WH: MOC plays like WH: Dark Omen; this is a really old game that I had for my PS1 and apart from the graphics and different missions, they're practically the same game. Average Expand
  5. LeeH
    May 20, 2008
    Good concept, however severely let down by the loading times between battles, which renders the game unplayable.
  6. RobE.
    Dec 12, 2006
    A beautiful concept left pitifully incomplete. Brace yourself for the load times. A mission will last 20 minutes, and loading takes 3 minutes in, 3 minutes out... you end up spending half your time waiting. there are actually TWO load screens, in succession. One was just not enough to convey the struggle of loading that this game has. You can only play it in short bursts before you A beautiful concept left pitifully incomplete. Brace yourself for the load times. A mission will last 20 minutes, and loading takes 3 minutes in, 3 minutes out... you end up spending half your time waiting. there are actually TWO load screens, in succession. One was just not enough to convey the struggle of loading that this game has. You can only play it in short bursts before you realize you're not playing the game on a commodore 64 and it is not 1986, and this game should not be taking so long! Expand
  7. DanielG.
    Jan 1, 2007
    I think most people get too hung up on it being the exact digital replica of the turnbased tabletop game As everyone knows turn based games on the PC pretty much suck, there's no sense of urgency and you can just sit around forever planning, RTS however requires you to think on your feet and therefore is more challenging, if you want to play the traditional turn based version then I think most people get too hung up on it being the exact digital replica of the turnbased tabletop game As everyone knows turn based games on the PC pretty much suck, there's no sense of urgency and you can just sit around forever planning, RTS however requires you to think on your feet and therefore is more challenging, if you want to play the traditional turn based version then you go and waste your time and money buying little plastic men, painting them and then hang around with some other nerds and finally play it. As with 40k DoW this puts you straight into the action of a Warhammer battle which is generally more exciting than sitting around rolling some dice thinking, "I wonder how many inches this squad will move? Better ready my ruler." Sure it's not as good as DoW (imo) but I think this provides good RTS value, though it can be occasionally too similar to the popular Total War series. Expand
  8. MichaelC.
    Feb 11, 2007
    Very dissapointed in this game thought there would be more involved got bored playing this game and the review they gave for it was over rated could have been better made lets hope they improve on it.
  9. JustL.
    Feb 13, 2007
    Good concept, haste with launching, little attention to community. Up to patch 1.6 it's rather like beta. Would you believe they are going to include friendly fire only with the patch 1.7? It's would be quite another game after that, won't it? In spite of promising concept a not better semblance of TotalWar.
  10. DarrenC.
    Sep 18, 2007
    I hope you like my story in the game, I tried my best to make it relate to Warhammer. I love WarHammer very much. I hope you enjoy. But Namco did do some changes to my story. =-/ oh well. Anyways I'll do my best on #2 of mark of choas. TY =-)
  11. JoeyG.
    Nov 14, 2006
    This game is awesome! Picked it up and haven't stopped yet! Even missed dinner.
  12. Yavander
    Nov 21, 2006
    The only game I ever owned worse than this was pool of radiance by ubisoft. If you want a game that follows the warhammer turn based system and it's rules, this game is not for you. if you want a nice looking massive battles game that holds some promise, get this game. here are things I consider issues and why i wouldn't have bought this if i knew better: very hard to see all The only game I ever owned worse than this was pool of radiance by ubisoft. If you want a game that follows the warhammer turn based system and it's rules, this game is not for you. if you want a nice looking massive battles game that holds some promise, get this game. here are things I consider issues and why i wouldn't have bought this if i knew better: very hard to see all your units in battle. if there's a challenge, it doesn't zoom to the heroes. they get treated like every other combat. if u do zoom on the heroes (which is the best way to make sure your hero wins because you have to tell him which special abilities/spells to use) you then loose sight of the battlefield and risk all your troops dying around you. this is all done in realtime, which was not smart (breaks WHRB rules). the battle setups are done just like battle game rules, then it runs in realtime with spells shooting fighting all going on at once (once again, breaking the WHFB game system). try following the game manual for playing against the computer with your army instead of other people or single palyer. you can't the manual doesn't match the game interface. there's another breaking of warhammer rules. you can shoot into melee and kill your own men. this is usually reserved for the skaven army. multiplayer is unbalanced, the army autobuild feature builds an army of 2 powerfull heroes and a small supporting army. i view this as unbalanced. the prerendered movie is arguably the best part of the game. so good, in fact, there is a button on the main menu so u can watch it over and over. that's not a good sign. usually that's something you dont want to see over and over cause the game is better than the movie. Expand
  13. ChrisH.
    Nov 22, 2006
    I believe this game accomplishes what it set out to do very well...put Warhammer Fantasy Battles on the PC with current graphics and effects. The units and graphics look great to me and the hero leveling system allows alot of customization. I have also had no trouble at all with the interface or making use of my units various abilities. I particularly liked the overall look and feel of I believe this game accomplishes what it set out to do very well...put Warhammer Fantasy Battles on the PC with current graphics and effects. The units and graphics look great to me and the hero leveling system allows alot of customization. I have also had no trouble at all with the interface or making use of my units various abilities. I particularly liked the overall look and feel of the game which to me is in keeping with the Warhammer Fantasy universe. The main bad marks I have for the game are in the department of a somewhat buggy release with the main one in my case being a stutter glitch with the sound that occurs every so often. In the end, I think they have a great base here from which to hopefully expand and embellish this system much like what we have seen with Dawn of War and the Total War series. Expand
    Nov 23, 2006
    Very loose translation of table top game to an unsatisfying real-time format. The beautiful graphical recreation of the dark and gritty Warhammer setting is the only highlight of this tactically shallow, half-finished arcade game. Warhammer fans and real-time tactic gamers should look elsewhere.
  15. YanM.
    Nov 27, 2006
    Yet another victim of premature release. While it certainly might appeal to Total War fans yearning for some magic and Warcraft-like hero action, as well as many WHFB fans would certainly enjoy just any PC title bearing the Warhammer logo (it's been 8 years since Dark Omen!), Mark of Chaos is too disappointing in single player (or should I just say it's incredibly boring?..) and Yet another victim of premature release. While it certainly might appeal to Total War fans yearning for some magic and Warcraft-like hero action, as well as many WHFB fans would certainly enjoy just any PC title bearing the Warhammer logo (it's been 8 years since Dark Omen!), Mark of Chaos is too disappointing in single player (or should I just say it's incredibly boring?..) and hence it's not gonna be the favorite in the online RTS gaming community either. Despite the gorgeous graphics engine and the pretty decent core of gameplay mechanics there's simply not enough content to make the game fun. They still can fix it in an expansion or something, but at this moment Mark of Chaos doesn't really have anything to withstand the competition in the genre. Expand
  16. BertramW.
    Dec 21, 2006
    Whilst I cant help but feel this game doesnt do justice to the Warhammer name it is not actually a bad game. Patched up I have not encountered any bugs so far. Skirmish Is hard to find but is there. Narrative relies on you knowing the Warhammer world. Tactics are good and rushing gets you killed unlike the rather dire (imo) DOW. It's not simply a matter of amassing a huge force and Whilst I cant help but feel this game doesnt do justice to the Warhammer name it is not actually a bad game. Patched up I have not encountered any bugs so far. Skirmish Is hard to find but is there. Narrative relies on you knowing the Warhammer world. Tactics are good and rushing gets you killed unlike the rather dire (imo) DOW. It's not simply a matter of amassing a huge force and winning, the ranged units and heroes really make a difference. All in all 8/10 wait until its out on budget ;) Expand
  17. PeterV.
    Dec 27, 2006
    Solid game all around. The two sided campaign really intertwines and gives off the flavor fo Warhammer. The customization is also of great fun. It's really one of the best RTS games to come out this year. Everyone should at least give it a try. The graphics, sound, music, and strats are top notch.
  18. HungN.
    Dec 28, 2006
    I hope they make an expansion pack for this one because I enjoyed it quite a bit. The writing is superb along with the voice acting. After a few patches, they put in flanking and charging feedback and that really made the tactics a lot more obvious. If Namco keeps supporting the game with patches, it will keep getting better and better.

1. Even though a few aspects of Warhammer: Mark of Chaos aren't all that they could be, it nicely distills all of the best characteristics of the tabletop game. It's as close as you're going to get to the real thing without spending a fortune on miniatures.
    A pretty fun game. It's not perfect by any means and has some bugs that can be annoying, but the battles themselves offer a good variety of strategies set in a dark and brooding environment.
    If instead you'd like a cup of real-time Warhammer that's like the Total War series' tactical battles -- only with magic, monsters, and that trademark "grim world" panache -- this is that game. To Warhammer hardcores, that might sound like nerfing. It's not.