Wings Over Europe: Cold War Gone Hot PC

8.1

1. DR
    Sep 30, 2006
    Awesome game, graphics are stunning, gameplay rivetting , ability to play both sides in multiplayer only is the only reason I would not go 10. Buy it.
  2. NickM.
    Jul 29, 2006
    This flight sim adds nicely to the already released Wings over Vietnam (the two can be combined if you've installed WoV first). Primarily adding the F-15, A-10, and the Harrier to the mix, as well as European senary, this "sim lite" offers plenty of entertainment value.

1. The vintage jets are a delight for the eyes, and Wings over Europe can challenge your air combat maneuvering and bombing skills as well as many A-list flight sims do. [Aug 2006, p.90]
  2. Even though Wings over Europe has a lot of stiff competition from other games, I can’t seem to get the odd ‘leaning at 90 degrees’ sensation out of my head. There’s always a new trick or manoeuvre to attempt in a different mission in a different plane. Maybe someday I’ll figure out how to drop bombs.
  3. Instead of balancing on the line between arcade game and simulation, the game tries and fails to be both, giving the whole package a strange split personality that does nothing to endear you to it.