5.4

1. Apr 22, 2013
    The thing about Wizardry is it is a game most new age players will take a glance at and run away. It does not give you instant gratification, it does not give you awesome eye candy. What it does give you is a difficult experience right out the starting gate. The game challenges you to work through complex dungeons and encourages you to find others to work with. Does it have its problems?The thing about Wizardry is it is a game most new age players will take a glance at and run away. It does not give you instant gratification, it does not give you awesome eye candy. What it does give you is a difficult experience right out the starting gate. The game challenges you to work through complex dungeons and encourages you to find others to work with. Does it have its problems? Yes, but you can work around them, and a lot of the issues it had on launch are fixed now, I think that was mainly an unexpected flood and not enough hardware to support it. At any rate, if you can get through the first couple dungeons the game expands a lot and it just seems to get deeper as you go on; it has a depth a lot of games lack nowadays.

I gave this game a favorable review because it reminds me of the old school games I used to play. You know, back when game devs made things challenging like Mario and the old school RPGs. Wizardry combines a lot of elements like deep dungeons, challenging monsters, and the ability to kill anyone anywhere. There is an underlying sense of danger even in town knowing that a criminal could just randomly kill you and run off, or worse attempt to loot your stuff (also pretty easy to avoid btw if you know your dungeon and rezz fast enough which is both good and bad depending on how you look at it).

This game follows the normal trend of most MMOs where one makes their own story. But it also takes it a step further by allowing one to customize a character and use abilities from other classes as well. You can be a notorious criminal wanted by the entire server for misdeeds, or you can be a protector of the weak, putting criminals in their place; or you can even be a dungeon crawler and treasure hunter, enjoying isolation and exploring deep dungeons with your friends. It has been awhile since I have had the pleasure of playing a game that presented an actual challenge and drew me in.

Thank you for reading my review and I sincerely hope you will consider giving Wizardry a shot. It may seem a little lackluster at first, but the game gets exponentially better the longer you play it and take to figure things out. If you happen to sign in and look for help, message Dracon, I am usually on weekends and evenings.

For those who have taken the time to read my little review thank you.
  2. Apr 25, 2013
    Game isn't for everyone. I do appreciate that each area is exponentially more difficult and that it is one of those hit box action mmos that require learning controls and actively dodging/blocking attacks.
  3. Jun 17, 2013
    Over all this is a fun game, sure its hard to progress solo but not impossible for the first few dungeons. This game is not for people seeking an easy payoff its far from beginner friendly. In the end you get what you put into the game. Don't get me wrong this game has problems (bad graphics, random disconnection, low population, awful story line, lots of errand quest), but what mmoOver all this is a fun game, sure its hard to progress solo but not impossible for the first few dungeons. This game is not for people seeking an easy payoff its far from beginner friendly. In the end you get what you put into the game. Don't get me wrong this game has problems (bad graphics, random disconnection, low population, awful story line, lots of errand quest), but what mmo doesn't? Their are highlights also (balanced classes, fear factor, good rpg system, helpful people). I highly recommend this game to people who want a wholesome rpg experience. Expand
  4. Nov 16, 2013
    Wizardry Online is an online rpg developed by Japanese Developers Gamepot and Headlock. In the west, it is published by SOE.

Based off the long running Wizardry Franchise, Wizardry Online is an action RPG featuring: + Active battle system -------- No waiting for turns, you're in complete control to attack, block, dodge etc. If an enemy lands an attack, it'll hurt). + Class Change

+ Active battle system --------

+ Class Change System ------------
    A unique and deep system that allows you to take skills from other classws to develop your own unique class. You can become a Fighter that can cast devestating spells from Mage Class, a Mage with stealth from Thief class etc. This system grows as you progress, unlocking more options and possibilties.

+ Proper Dungeons----------
    Bored of dungeons in other mmo's that are just long corridors of enemies and a boss at the end?
    Wizardry Online will have you solving enemies, avoiding environmental traps and multiple boss battles with an Open PvP always on.

+ Open PvP-----------
    Attack anyone you want, anywhere you like. Even towns allow open PvP. Players who hunt other normal players will be branded as criminals with a red glow. Normal players can attack criminals with no crime offenses.
    So do you have what it takes to be a criminal, with risk of being sent to prison or becoming a wanted player with a bounty on your head?

+ Permadeath Risk--------------
    Permadeath exists as a minor threat and the game offers plenty of options to avoid it. This feature was over-marketed unfortunately which created many false impressions.

+New Dungeons every 1-2 months-----
    With a new dungeon being added every 1-2 months, there will always be new content to explore and new enemies to face. Finally a game where End Game does not last a year but only a month or two at most.

+Elite Classes-------
    Being added in December 2013, advanced players will be able to change to: Samurai, Ninja, Bishop or Lord.

+No insane Pay2Win walls-------
    No content is locked by pay2win walls, free players can clear all the content just as good as membership players can. Those that complain about memberships have no grasp on the games mechanics or understanding of teamwork. Being a membership offers time saving rewards only like better exp rate that do not effect the game in a negative manner.

I have played this game for 1000+ hours as a free-to-play gamer and still enjoy playing this game.

This is a party-heavy grind game that is based off your skill as a player.

Level requirements become extremely big lv30+ and no one in game has hit the level cap yet despite the game being out for almost a year now. (lvl cap is currently level 50, but this will be raised in a few months too).

Play this game:
    - If you enjoyed Demons Souls and Dark Souls
    - If you enjoy playing difficult games/ challenges
    - If you enjoy being in direct control in combat (no WoW skill spam here)
    - If you enjoy solving puzzles
    - If you enjoy party-heavy games
    - If you enjoy grinding
    - If you want a game that isn't over in a week (this will take months to complete and by then new dungeons, systems, skills and features are added)
  5. Nov 16, 2013
    Difficult game with a lot of content. Community is great too, a blast to play.
    You have to try to permdeath to be hit by it though, but theres a lot of stuff going for it.
    The game is still difficult. First few dungeons are easy to solo but then you NEED a party to progress. Beating tougher dungeons feels great :D Also my first time playing a game where you can make your own
    Difficult game with a lot of content. Community is great too, a blast to play.

Beating tougher dungeons feels great :D

Also my first time playing a game where you can make your own character build. Always fun figuring out new builds to class change to and back, getting skills from other classes.

Graphics are not great obviously but thats no reason to rage at game. Still looks better than other online games out there that are popular.
  6. Nov 16, 2013
    Wizardry Online is like no other. The class changing system, the open PvP is what makes this game completely different. While other critics and gamers may paint this game in pitch black, it's a game for those who are up for the thrill of PK, puzzling dungeons, and making your character unique. If you're not willing to put up the time to try out this game, clearly it's not for you. Overall,Wizardry Online is like no other. The class changing system, the open PvP is what makes this game completely different. While other critics and gamers may paint this game in pitch black, it's a game for those who are up for the thrill of PK, puzzling dungeons, and making your character unique. If you're not willing to put up the time to try out this game, clearly it's not for you. Overall, Wizardry Online is one of my favorites and deserves to be checked out. Expand
  7. Nov 17, 2013
    When you start playing this game it shouts to you I AM YOUR MAIN GAME! Play me, you don't need any other.

Wizadry Online is harcore not because of posiblity of permadieing, oh yeah you die hard a lot, but you need even more for your champion to vanish for good, it hardcore because you need months to grind your strength and weeks to clear each dungeon without help of ppls who currently "life" in Kingdom of Dimento. I Currently played 800h adn will need another 3 weeks to perfect my final bulid of Master Thief of illfalo Port. If you search MMO game that you can sink in for hours, try WO. Currently US server is under PVP war and EU have less players but is place where PVE community resides, choose your patch.
  8. Nov 17, 2013
    i am playing this game for more then 6 months. i really love it. Till new year the Elite classes will be introduced, which will make the game even more interesting.
  9. Nov 17, 2013
    Critic reviews were submitted in February when the game launched with server issues
    nd based their decisions on the early dungeons, so don't pay much attention to them or to the players raging without getting to mid game.
    For ages I've searched for a game like this. Was getting sick and tired of all the bland clone mmos out there where you move from area to area killing some mobs and

For ages I've searched for a game like this.
    Was getting sick and tired of all the bland clone mmos out there where you move from area to area killing some mobs and doing dumb quests without ever needing to party until end game.

Wizardry is way better with interesting dungeons that require brains and skill to beat and you'll need to form parties pretty fast too. This isn't a solo game in the slightest.

This is a game with a lot of content and will require a lot of time but this is easily one of the best online games I've played. Also new dungeons are added quick. Game was launched with 9 dungeons. Since then we've had 9 new dungeons added(game hasn't even been out for a year yet and content has doubled). We're expecting a new city, dungeon and 4 new classes in a months time too.
  10. Nov 18, 2013
    Love this game! If you are a fan of classic rpgs then this is the game for you! One of my favorites of all time! This game really is like no other. All the haters of the game are used kiddy WOW games. Come play a real game and show every one what your made of!
  11. Nov 20, 2013
    Note:
    Most of these reviews are from the first steam release, that Sony Online Entertainment wasn't ready for so the game had horrible lag. It was practically unplayable.
    Pros: Numerous class/skill/gear combinations. Builds are extremely unique! Challenging gameplay! The game never stops surprising me! Each dungeon is a new challenge(with some reused textures) Solid community on
    Note:

Pros:
    Numerous class/skill/gear combinations. Builds are extremely unique!
    Challenging gameplay! The game never stops surprising me!
    Each dungeon is a new challenge(with some reused textures)
    Solid community on both servers!

Cons:
    Early dungeons suffer from lots of reused textures.
    Cutscenes leave lots to desire.
    Numerous translation issues(not so many in early game anymore)
  12. Dec 4, 2013
    If you want an easy fancy looking game go and play WoW. If you want to experience something truly unique and hardcore I suggest you give wizardry a try.
  13. Apr 4, 2014
    This is one of the best MMOs I have yet found. It has amazing graphics, a great combat system, and some good storylines. All of this is needed for a truly good MMORPG. Though there are some unneeded cutscenes (which can easily be skipped), the actual game makes up for that. This is a truly amazing MMORPG.

1. Apr 5, 2013
    Will the thrill provided by permadeath be enough to keep people playing this new Wizardry that is not really a Wizardry? [CD-Action 04/2013, p.72]
  2. Mar 14, 2013
    Wizardry Online is jagged around the edges, but manages to pull off a few interesting tricks.
  3. Feb 22, 2013
    Even though it carries a venerable name and promotes hardcore mechanics Wizardry Online is just a very ordinary frumpy roleplaying game.