7.1

1. May 13, 2012
    Wolfenstein takes the gamer back to the 1940's to shoot the same Germans over and over using over-powered firearms while listening overly poorly acted English-German accents. However, they've added a twist this time around; you get special "veil" powers which can slow down time, make you move slightly faster, give you a headache when turning them off and on (There's no real point in turning the powers off except to conserve veil power energy. The game is simply easier with the powers turned on and the only price you pay is that your entire gaming experience is surprisngly similar to looking through your grandpa's negative film collection.) and make you feel awkward when playing with the powers off. You are also able to walk around a town which acts as a sort of "hub" between missions. As the player progresses, he can travel to more parts of town and purchase upgrades for weapons by finding gold to pay for them and veil powers by finding tomes that are hidden in walls. You will also find gold and tomes during missions and I often found myself having spent far more time on trying to find all the gold and tomes in a level than I did killing Germans. I am a huge FPS buff but this game was too repetitive even for me, combined with the horrible veil-power effects I quit playing about three-fourth through and haven't picked it up ever since. Expand
  2. Oct 25, 2013
    Wolfenstein2009 is everything that Return to Castle Wolfenstein wasnt. We got an console port. That may have seen to many Rtcw players as an spit to the face. Gone were the different environments, gone was the superb A.I, gone was the music, gone was the artistic approach. Gone were the Germanic Knight Looking Super Soldiers and replaced with Japanese looking Power Rangers. Not to mention the terrible Atmosphere and the silly looking guns. One felt literally like shooting green toothpaste. I cant consider this as an sequel to the francise. Its just an console game. But deffently not a game itended for pc. Expand
  3. Dec 13, 2012
    This game is a big big big FAILURE---A major DISAPPOINTMENT...in other words---it a piece of TRASH !!!

The AI SUX BALLS, the enemy just keep respawning ---endless respawning !!!, the gameplay is **** and the camera just keep shaking so intensely---this is a piece of **** that you will regret buying it---or you just like puking at your screen playing with this **** !!!

1. In the end this is a by the numbers shooter with slick graphics, and ample opportunity to shoot supercharged Nazis. It's not going to win any awards but it's worth checking out if you’re looking for a weekend to pass the time shooting everyone's favorite bad guys.
  2. Dated look and tired “twists” of the barely noticeable story fail to impress. Wolfenstein is a true mediocrity in all regards – it has neither shameful slip-ups nor flashes of inspiration.
  3. Throw away your fears – this game is not “oldie and weirdie” as some can assume. It’s a smart fast shooter with a couple of great features. Pity some elements don’t work as intended. [Sept 2009]