8.1

1. Sep 28, 2013
    I give it a 10/10 not because it's perfect, but because of the dedication made to this game. There are no bugs or glitches of any kind. It is a hidden gem. Anyone who is an RTS fan should buy this. Heck, EVERYONE should buy this, because you're really missing out if you don't. Sure there is no resource gathering, but don't think this makes the game any easier, the enemy doesn't need resources either, and you need tactics to defeat them. The story is really, really strong. Need I say more? Expand
  2. Feb 1, 2013
    If you are into strategy games, you have to try this game. Excellent Story, Graphics, Gameplay and Presentation. There is an overall polish to this game compared to the recent strategy games out there. Highly recommended to try it out.
  3. Oct 13, 2012
    This is how a strategy game is supposed to be like. A story that makes you feel like immersed like you're in the middle of a gripping movie as well as a fun and addictive game. Bear in mind though that this review is written by someone that had Soviet Assault as well installed. It seems that the expansion adds alot of dimension to the story as well as fixes some minor but annoying things. Get this game if you enjoy strategy games. Expand
  4. Nov 8, 2012
    Excellent single player RTS experience. Since I like strategy games for the single player experience, I've lost interest in games like Warcraft 3 that require you to be able to press 10 buttons per second. This game feels more like a strategy game, and less like a frantic button-pressing competition. The story's amazing, really, and really draws you in (with the expansion, it gets even better, as you see the conflict from both sides). The battles are truly gorgeous, and the gameplay is simply awesome.
    Since this game's a bit old, it can be bought real cheap, and its worth it.
    A 9, since it is indeed a bit short. As for multiplayer, who cares?
  5. Feb 1, 2013
    Excellent game. It lacks some of the strategic depth of some other games in the RTS genre, but I have a feeling that really isn't what they were going for. I found it unique and refreshing that instead of being placed in control of all forces on the map, you were a subordinate to a commander and had to work in tandem with your team-mates. The single player campaign is well told and beautifully realized, though I have yet to test out multiplayer. Expand
  6. Sep 29, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. My Favorite Game of All Time. I'm a strategy game player, so i know my way around RTS, and WIC is the the most action-packed, and fun-filled game i have ever played. The first thing i look for in a game is game-play. How is the UI, balance, tactics, and other areas that affect how a game is played. WIC is undoubtedly a 10/10 on this point. I love the team-based aspect of the game. As well the lack of macro (base-building and unit recruiting) is an important decision that adds to the fast-paced fun of the game. The story-line is epic; USA vs. USSR (How could i not be with such a topic). With it's legendary graphics (Which can still hold their own today) and superb voice acting they come together to form a powerful story-line. In fact, I actually felt attached to the characters in the game, which is something that the majority of other games have failed to do so for me (Although i only play strategy game, so perhaps that has something to do with it). The epic story-line frames the single player adding depth and complexity to the game. The single player isn't particularly difficult, but it is engaging and entertaining to play. The multiplayer of this game is where it delivers. Being able to jump into games that have already begun is a huge breakthrough and one of the major bonuses of the game. As mentioned above, the team-based aspect of the game is one of the major advantages of the game. It eliminates Rambo players and even the best player in the world can't win you a game. Meticulously balanced classes and variety of units and off-map support add to the depth, merit, and competitiveness of the multiplayer. The unfathomable hours i spent on this game are a testament to it's immense value. Expand
  7. Feb 4, 2012
    The best competitive tactical RTS on the market , only game that can compare with it in terms of pro gaming support is Starcraft 2. Great game, great support from developers (Massive) ,but still nobody bought WiC...
  8. Mar 31, 2012
    Too bad the servers aren't as busy any more........................................................................................................................

1. Another masterpiece from the folks at Massive, and one of the most beautiful visions of warfare you're ever likely to see. [Oct 2007, p.30]
    It’s not very often that a real-time strategy title comes along and changes the way you think about the genre. World in Conflict is one of those, not because all of the ideas are totally new, but because they’re all put together in such a successful way.
  3. With its combination of dazzling graphics and fast, tactical gameplay, I can easily see World in Conflict becoming a favorite of competitive clans and LAN parties everywhere. [Nov 2007, p.72]