4.7

1. Sep 29, 2012
    Ok, I have to admit, I hated the game on day one, but that was because of technical problems that appear to have been resolved. I have played through all the zones and leveled from 85-90 and it's actually the best leveling experience in the franchise. Fun, not too hard, and full of stories. It's not that I like easy games, but the challenges come from end game pvp and pve content, andOk, I have to admit, I hated the game on day one, but that was because of technical problems that appear to have been resolved. I have played through all the zones and leveled from 85-90 and it's actually the best leveling experience in the franchise. Fun, not too hard, and full of stories. It's not that I like easy games, but the challenges come from end game pvp and pve content, and complicated quests that make you 5 minutes running from one end of the map to the other are just not compelling gameplay, regardless of the game. I hate it when it happens in GTA, and I hate it in MMO's. Expand
  2. Sep 25, 2012
    Its the best expansion yet, adds TONS of new things and content, even overhauls the game engine. Most of these negative reviews obviously didnt even play it, they are just haters so dont listen to them and miss out on a really fun and polished game. The servers are amazingly stable for the launch of such a huge game, and Im loving the new areas and content. Highly recommended even if youIts the best expansion yet, adds TONS of new things and content, even overhauls the game engine. Most of these negative reviews obviously didnt even play it, they are just haters so dont listen to them and miss out on a really fun and polished game. The servers are amazingly stable for the launch of such a huge game, and Im loving the new areas and content. Highly recommended even if you were burnt out of WoW. I vowed never to return but im having so much fun I dont regret it one bit. MUST PLAY! Expand
  3. Sep 25, 2012
    So far, less than 12 hours after launch its too early to give a representative score. I wouldnt read too much into the scored given, check the history and you will see they post 10 for guild wars 2 which means ofcourse they are going to give a 0 to MOP.

The release could of gone better for sure, but every single MMO can say they same, they all have problems to start with. This part did frustrate me, especially with Blizzard promising the most bug free launch ever. They simply didnt deliver on that.

In terms of content, I am really pleased with what I have seen, the Monk class is great fun, the Panda race add an interesting element, and the impacts of Horde V Alliance ultimatly disrupting the natural balance of the area really is an interesting concept, which so far has worked really well.

For me so far the best parts have been 3 fold: Talent trees, the direction blizzard has gone is the future. Cookie cutter doesnt give choice, as everyone picks the same, so really there is no choice. With the new talent trees the choices are real and there isnt any right or wrong answer only your own play style.

Secondly Challange mode. I am really excited about speed runs, we used to do something similar inguild with 2 10 man raid groups forming at the same time competing to who would finish first. This gives it an upgrade and gives standard gear for everyone.

Scenarios. This element adds group questing as well as allowing for standard queueing, working towards common goals. I think wow players dont want to work with people becide them by default. I curse the screen when someone pulls my mob, I like that element. Scenarios means if I want to work with others I can do, and offers massive flexibility, with story scenarios allowing people to see first hand the lore.

I am really pleased so far, and would recommend people to ignore the marmite guidl wars fan buoy reviews given so far
  4. Sep 25, 2012
    fantastica expansion , un inicio espectacular muy interesante con el principe secuestrado empiza tu aventura
    por estas tierras maravillosas de pandaria sin duda un 10 para blizzard
  5. Sep 26, 2012
    3.x User score...its ok, but how many of ya play WoW MoP? I think you are a fanboys of other game and try to lower WoW score, but look, atm is 100 negatives. Yep 100 and 10mln players online, so it's mean nothing.

About MoP. best content of WoW, World pvp are back, Pandaria is great place and Pandares are awesome, they story, voices and problems ROCKS for me. I hope Blizz still follow this way and don't do another mistake like Cataclysm. For the Horde!
  6. Sep 26, 2012
    Not sure why all the bad reviews, loads more areas to explore, battle pets are a great idea. Same with cross realm play. Give it a chance, there are always bugs with new games/expansions. Loving my new Panda - highly recommend!!
  7. Sep 26, 2012
    Very fun expansion to an already legendary game. It's definitely worth it to play as a Panda, questing can be the same old same old at times, but it's still worth it to play. I love it!
  8. Nov 6, 2012
    The scourge of haters from other games is quite evident here, or people lowering the games rating all the way to a zero because they made 1 change they didn't like, such as a bit of lag (which happens on every launch) don't let them turn you off from this game, the game is terrific. This has made the game fun again, in cataclysm i had a total of 10 days playing time at the end fo theThe scourge of haters from other games is quite evident here, or people lowering the games rating all the way to a zero because they made 1 change they didn't like, such as a bit of lag (which happens on every launch) don't let them turn you off from this game, the game is terrific. This has made the game fun again, in cataclysm i had a total of 10 days playing time at the end fo the xpax, so far in pandaria i already have 5 days, it is incredible, you owe it to yourself to try it, whether you are a fan of WoW or not, the game is not childish, all the quests are dark and murderous, just how we like them Expand
  9. Sep 26, 2012
    I've been around since Vanilla and MoP is my favorite expansion thus far, followed by WoTLK. Mists of Pandaria brings a new and interesting world to discover with vast lore, great mysteries to uncover, and a grandiose user experience. Quests have been optimized, dungeons are unique with new tactics, characters are memorable, and the class skill system has been redesigned in a way to betterI've been around since Vanilla and MoP is my favorite expansion thus far, followed by WoTLK. Mists of Pandaria brings a new and interesting world to discover with vast lore, great mysteries to uncover, and a grandiose user experience. Quests have been optimized, dungeons are unique with new tactics, characters are memorable, and the class skill system has been redesigned in a way to better optimize and balance classes. Pandaria is by far the most beautifully crafted continent and is so brilliant that the rest of Azeroth seems dated. You can tell that Blizzard developers have truly listened to the majority of their player base and worked hard to improve upon past miss-steps. Expand
  10. Sep 26, 2012
    Well impressed so far with my MOP experience, the game is taking a fun step back in the right direction. to all of you voting 0...all i can say is that you have set yourself up for failure from the get go.
  11. Oct 3, 2012
    There is definitely way too much "QQ" over this game for illogical reasons.

There is definitely way too much "QQ" over this game for illogical reasons.

Mists is definitely the smartest expansion from Blizzard. Some of the more pointless things in the game, such as hunters using mana, casting time on slam, healers using talent points for dispells, Soul Shards in bags, reagents for spells and grinding keys to enter dungeons are gone. The reason? Simply because they went against the shaping of the game. Warriors should never be casting. You shouldn't need to grind an item just to get into a dungeon. Etc.

The talent point system was in dire need of being revamped. PvP-wise, several classes were forced into one spec for viability, but now all specs share common qualities, giving a more diverse environment. There was never any freedom with the old system. During WotLK, it was still a basic cookie cutter and it was just as worse in Cata. When you see a lock, warrior, shaman...you could be facing any spec. There are numerous combinations. Blizzard has gone back to it's TBC/WotLK days, where you level on a separate continent with distinct zones so you can finish a zone, obtain one level, and then move on to the next zone, which definitely makes you feel more involved with the expansion rather than questing, leveling, taking a portal to a new place, and repeating the process all over again.

Speaking of leveling, the grind for 85 to 90 is horrendous. Casually playing, it took something like 5-8 hours per level. The diverse zones make it slightly bearable, but everyone in my guild and on my server complained about the length. However, most people can relate to the grind from the original 1 to 60 before we had Looking For Dungeons. People asked for a harder game, and the grind was perfect in terms of The new raids are definitely going to leave some people puzzled. The architecture for Vaults is painstakingly similar to Ulduar. There is a similar trash grind that resets if you fail to kill a boss, and the bosses offer a much stronger complexity (which you will have to judge for yourself). Whereas last expansion, almost all guilds burned through the entire normal tier without any effort, only 3 guilds on my server have down the first 3 bosses, and there is only 1 guild in the world who has finished all 6...and this is just normal mode.

The game is different and time will tell how this expansion goes. There's definitely a number of things to do and it offers a strong hand to casuals and hardcore alike. I give it a 9 because I do not think Blizzard will ever outdo themselves and return to their 12 million subs. The content is fun and enjoyable, the mechanics are new, and it definitely seemed like a more "close-to-home" expansion that it's predecessor. World of Warcraft is far from "dying" and it's the top MMO for another year.

Typical reviews on here are just plain wrong and lack any intellectual thought. I'm writing this one one day after content was released, so if you're ready any of the reviews before October 2nd, you are reading reviews of people who have yet to touch the new raids, compete in arenas, try out new BG's, and so forth. Basically, you're reading the reviews of people who haven't even played this game yet. That is no way to judge a game.
  12. Sep 26, 2012
    This is the best expansion World of Warcraft has ever received. If you were tired of wow during cataclysm and found it an effort to log on and found better games to fill your time I recommend that you give MoP a shot. It has freshened the game. The opening quests as you enter the expansion are exciting and fun. Great gameplay elements and a good story which blizzard have really worked onThis is the best expansion World of Warcraft has ever received. If you were tired of wow during cataclysm and found it an effort to log on and found better games to fill your time I recommend that you give MoP a shot. It has freshened the game. The opening quests as you enter the expansion are exciting and fun. Great gameplay elements and a good story which blizzard have really worked on that a lot of mmos usually overlook. The new areas are magical and genuinely exciting to explore. Entering a new quest hub is always interesting and the little story of that area is always fun. The new dungeons are fresh and fun. The normal modes for leveling are not overly challenging but are still good fun. There will be plenty of challenge at level 90. The music and voice acting really help immerse you in the world and allow you, as a player to get lost in the magic that is Pandaria.

Overall if you were unsure about this game because of all the negativity it has received from trolls I say try it yourself and make your own decision. I guarantee that you won't be disappointed.
  13. Sep 25, 2012
    As I can already see from the previous reviews, everyone wants to hear that the game is terrible, just like right now on ESPN everyone wants to hear that the replacement refs are awful and the owners are just a bunch of greedy jerks. Regardless of what you'd like to hear, MoP is a great game. Overall, it has to be the highest quality expansion to date. I haven't explored much yet, butAs I can already see from the previous reviews, everyone wants to hear that the game is terrible, just like right now on ESPN everyone wants to hear that the replacement refs are awful and the owners are just a bunch of greedy jerks. Regardless of what you'd like to hear, MoP is a great game. Overall, it has to be the highest quality expansion to date. I haven't explored much yet, but the visuals are fantastic (considering the circumstances), and the Asian based theme is the best zone idea yet (despite the panda thing). Disallowing flying correctly allows for you as the player to be humbled and fully appreciate the epic proportions of the zone. The expansion offers a more effective and intuitive talent system, new and improved dynamic battlegrounds, and a massive new story line with ever more engaging quests. I can see how people who do more PVE think they have been under represented in this expansion, but consider how PVPers have felt for quite some time now. Unfortunately, if you are on the badly losing side of a PVP server, you might be pretty frustrated at times, especially in the early stages of the release. In your best interest, don't listen to a lot of the unreasonably negative reviews, but if you do, I don't care. Blizzard Entertainment is majorly owned (just over 50%) by the French conglomerate 'Vivendi SA' nowadays, and I'm not interested in supporting French corporations at the moment as much as I would like people to think rationally when they analyze any piece of intellectual property. Expand
  14. Sep 26, 2012
    I've played this game since Vanilla, been on and off mostly, came back just a week before launch, i have to say, the new content is refreshing, though some old recycled mechanics but you can still definitely see the new ones, i haven't been to the 85-90 content yet, only manage to level a Pandaren Monk up to 16 on my first hours playing, like i said it was refreshing, and i don't reallyI've played this game since Vanilla, been on and off mostly, came back just a week before launch, i have to say, the new content is refreshing, though some old recycled mechanics but you can still definitely see the new ones, i haven't been to the 85-90 content yet, only manage to level a Pandaren Monk up to 16 on my first hours playing, like i said it was refreshing, and i don't really get why people are bashing the "cartoonish" style graphics....that is Warcraft identity, hating on Panda's? so much for playing Gnomes, talking cows, and space aliens with beard tentacles.....i was skeptical at first if this was a reason for me to subbing again, i tried it out, and enjoyed it. And to the people that say its simplified....have you ever tried it long enough?.......i should know, i've seen the changes to the talent system since Vanilla, though "simplified" or "dumbed down" as you people might seem it be, i think it's the closest thing to being able to be diverse as the hybrid talent system ways it has been since vanilla, they removed the "cookie cutter" talent mold that most of us just copy and paste, i do agree that the same old grind is still there, i used to be a hard core raider back in vanilla and bc, i started to be more of a casual in Wrath and Cata, not the biggest fan of Blizz mechanics, and most of the time i am part of the /ragequit guild like most of the lost subs....but like i said, playing that first 6-8 hours was refreshing and i am somewhat positive that i will be able to enjoy this game again. Expand
  15. Sep 25, 2012
    how can anyone review an mmo game(or any other tbh)after 1 day?yes it was laggy as hell yesterday,at 1 point i had a 500+min queue for kazzak!It was well expected and i am sure most of the 0 reviews i see expected it too but got all emotional anyway.Signed in just now to kazzak,levelled to 86 no probs,if all it took was 1 day to sort out i am happy with that,looking forward to hitting 90how can anyone review an mmo game(or any other tbh)after 1 day?yes it was laggy as hell yesterday,at 1 point i had a 500+min queue for kazzak!It was well expected and i am sure most of the 0 reviews i see expected it too but got all emotional anyway.Signed in just now to kazzak,levelled to 86 no probs,if all it took was 1 day to sort out i am happy with that,looking forward to hitting 90 and trying the new heroics and eventually the raids now :) I do think just 2 new dungeons up to 90 is poor though.thanks to any of you who cried yesterday and rage quitted the game,you've stopped all the lag lol like i said at the start you cant review a game after 1 day but felt i should offset some of the crying kids reviews who must have bought the expansion and then gave up after a few hours Expand
  16. Sep 26, 2012
    This is an excellent expansion to the World of Warcraft universe, and provides a much needed change to the classic World of Warcraft formula. It's more of the same, but better, more polished, and with innovation. I've had more fun with this than I ever have with any other iteration of WoW. In fact, I feel pretty bad for all those who voted against the game, because they're so stuck inThis is an excellent expansion to the World of Warcraft universe, and provides a much needed change to the classic World of Warcraft formula. It's more of the same, but better, more polished, and with innovation. I've had more fun with this than I ever have with any other iteration of WoW. In fact, I feel pretty bad for all those who voted against the game, because they're so stuck in the old WoW ways that they can't even adapt to a newer, better version. Learn to accept change, people. You and your community make me ashamed to be a gamer. Expand
  17. Sep 26, 2012
    It is worth noting that the majority of negative or zero reviews are clearly (and at times admittedly) made by people who stopped playing WoW a while ago.

From those who have actually played Mists, the reviews are very positive. This was the smoothest launch of any MMO or expansion that I have ever seen. The artwork is beautiful - some of Blizzard's best - and the graphics engine continues to be updated with new lighting effects, full DirectX 11 support, and now a native 64-bit client.

Mists adds many new features and systems to the game, including a new race, a new class, the simple-but-addictive Pet Battle system, a new form of Lore discovery, accountwide achievements and mounts, revised PvP systems and mechanics, completely revised specialization and talent systems, and more. It also introduces a ton of new content on top of all these systems-level improvements.

There is no other MMO on the market that can go toe-to-toe with WoW in terms of the single player questing experience or the competitive endgame PvE experience (raiding). Mists reaffirms WoW's dominance in these areas. I wish Blizzard would pay more attention to the PvP side of the game, and that remains my biggest gripe with the product. Damage remains too bursty, crowd control too oppressive, and composition too determinative.

I think anyone would enjoy Mists. But I can especially say that anyone who has ever enjoyed WoW would love Mists. This expansion is a sort of renaissance for the game, and I believe fans will look back years from now and say that Mists was WoW's finest expansion, finally beating out Burning Crusade in fans' hearts and minds.
  18. Sep 27, 2012
    I just came back to WoW for MoP after being discouraged by GW2's dungeon design and even though i was highly skeptic about MoP's concepts they where quickly changed shortly after logging in. Maybe it's because i haven't played WoW in so long but to me MoP is by far the best fun i've experienced since i played vanilla in beta. I also think Monks are one of the best classes Blizz has made,I just came back to WoW for MoP after being discouraged by GW2's dungeon design and even though i was highly skeptic about MoP's concepts they where quickly changed shortly after logging in. Maybe it's because i haven't played WoW in so long but to me MoP is by far the best fun i've experienced since i played vanilla in beta. I also think Monks are one of the best classes Blizz has made, they however a bit simple to play, but never the less i find them the most fun and innovated. Although i told myself i would never but another blizzard product after Diablo 3, i am actually enjoying MoP very much. Expand
  19. Sep 30, 2012
    Not sure why all these people are whining, this expansion beats Cataclysm by far. I love the storyline so far, the dungeons may be easier but they are more fun, and they have more challenging modes later on. I quit WoW after Cataclysm but came back for Mists of Panderia and am loving it so far. It's not cheesy at all, which I was worried about due to the Panda theme. I bet most of theseNot sure why all these people are whining, this expansion beats Cataclysm by far. I love the storyline so far, the dungeons may be easier but they are more fun, and they have more challenging modes later on. I quit WoW after Cataclysm but came back for Mists of Panderia and am loving it so far. It's not cheesy at all, which I was worried about due to the Panda theme. I bet most of these naysayers here have barely even played through the quests or dungeons, if at all. Typical Blizzard haters. Expand
  20. Sep 26, 2012
    I'm really enjoying it so far. I wonder if all the negative reviews have played it at all. I don't mind the graphics being a little lower-quality than the nicest-looking games out there. The graphics are still nice if you have them on the highest settings, and it's easier to play this game on an older machine because it does not have insane minimum requirements.

Another solid game

Another solid game .Battle pets are fun, guild experience comes more easily.
  21. Sep 26, 2012
    Blizzard did great job with this expansion. They were very thorough in just about every aspect. The negative reviews you see are the same people who complain on the forums. They are a vocal minority. The zones are beautiful, the quests are fun, the item art is nice, etc. I have been playing this game on and off for a long time and this is by far the most polished and complete expansionBlizzard did great job with this expansion. They were very thorough in just about every aspect. The negative reviews you see are the same people who complain on the forums. They are a vocal minority. The zones are beautiful, the quests are fun, the item art is nice, etc. I have been playing this game on and off for a long time and this is by far the most polished and complete expansion they have done. Kudos to Blizzard for sticking with their plan and not catering to the elitist gamers who make up the vocal minority that doesn't like it. Expand
  22. Oct 3, 2012
    Really enjoying this new expansion. Have played since day one up until now. I actually think the Panderans are great, their animations are superb and I love the new Monk class. I also think the new talent system is way better as it cuts out all the lvls were you pick something pointless.
    Hoping the raid content will be good as all the other things. If you liked WoW before, chances are you will like this. Plenty of people who said they wouldn't play it are back levelling.
  23. Sep 26, 2012
    Demasiados haters. Una de las mejores expansiones de World of Warcraft. Mucho fanboy de GW2 y TOR por aqui, con ganas de que Blizzard caiga, pese a que se sabe de sobra que eso es imposible.
  24. Sep 27, 2012
    I have to wonder how many of these user reviews are from the same user or companies trying to divert users to their games, cause this expansion is awesome. The music is great, the environments are awesome, and the story is interesting. The graphics may not be top of the line, but that broadens the appeal to people who can't afford uber gamer machines, and in spite of that fact,I have to wonder how many of these user reviews are from the same user or companies trying to divert users to their games, cause this expansion is awesome. The music is great, the environments are awesome, and the story is interesting. The graphics may not be top of the line, but that broadens the appeal to people who can't afford uber gamer machines, and in spite of that fact, everything is really good looking. Pandas are awesome and pet battles are supprisingly addictive. I think too many people are expecting it to be some other MMO they've played, but if they would take time to appreciate all this expansion has to offer they might actually enjoy it. Expand
  25. Sep 27, 2012
    The best expansion so far, and still by far the best MMO. I've played all of the recent MMOs in the last two years. The level of innovation and fun in MoP just blows them all away. A major improvement on Cataclysm, and a must buy for MMO fans.
  26. Sep 27, 2012
    Very happy with this expansion! The lanscaping is beautiful,. the new new race of pandas gives us all license to just have fun and i find the new class very enjoyable to play. Forget the naysayers..this is a GREAT expansion and though there will be bugs at launch, unless you are a picky person who feeds of the negative..such minor annoyances will not deter you from the fact for once youVery happy with this expansion! The lanscaping is beautiful,. the new new race of pandas gives us all license to just have fun and i find the new class very enjoyable to play. Forget the naysayers..this is a GREAT expansion and though there will be bugs at launch, unless you are a picky person who feeds of the negative..such minor annoyances will not deter you from the fact for once you are allowed to enjoy playing a cartooned character and acting like one. Did i mention that the pet battles are addictive. Have fun in mists of pandera...a breath of fresh air! Expand
  27. Dec 29, 2012
    WoW is 8 Year old, and its the the best MMO Game on the Markt. Warhammer, AoC, Tera, Aion, Rift GW, GW2, LodR, etc.....no one is so good like Warcraft. But i understand the 0 Raiting, its now "cool" to hate Blizzard and his Games. Its cool to hate EA, its cool to say Bioware is dead and now its cool to say every Blizzard Game is horrible.
  28. Sep 27, 2012
    So far this expansion seems to have a wonderful amount of polish, style and whimsy. Among other things the launch as far as I have seen has been nearly flawless - no hiccups whatsoever. With blizzard's attention to extending the end-game (we'll have to see how that plays out) I really don't see why metacritic has so much early hate for it. If anything, the slew of game reviews of tensSo far this expansion seems to have a wonderful amount of polish, style and whimsy. Among other things the launch as far as I have seen has been nearly flawless - no hiccups whatsoever. With blizzard's attention to extending the end-game (we'll have to see how that plays out) I really don't see why metacritic has so much early hate for it. If anything, the slew of game reviews of tens or zeroes with bad explanations only exposes how many people impose predetermined biased reviews on this website. Expand
  29. Sep 27, 2012
    Many people had preconceived notions regarding what this expansion would be like, and what it would entail. Personally, my favorite WoW expansion was Wrath of the Lich King, and my least favorite was Cataclysm, so coming into Mists of Pandaria I had mixed feelings. On one hand, it looked like many of the changes Blizzard was implementing were good for the game, fixing many of theMany people had preconceived notions regarding what this expansion would be like, and what it would entail. Personally, my favorite WoW expansion was Wrath of the Lich King, and my least favorite was Cataclysm, so coming into Mists of Pandaria I had mixed feelings. On one hand, it looked like many of the changes Blizzard was implementing were good for the game, fixing many of the problems that Cataclysm created regarding talents and gameplay. On the other hand, Pandas. Having gotten over my Pandaphobia, I ventured out into Pandaria and began my adventure. Turns out the game is still fun after 8 years, and looks absolutely stellar for its age. I've had zero issues with stability, and the dungeons, quests, and zones have been great. It's true, the monthly subscription fee is steep for an 8 year old game, but the demand is there to validate it. WoW has always been more of a social experience for me than pure game, and it's still a wonderful excuse to round up the old friends and raiders for another round of conquest and loots. Expand
  30. Sep 27, 2012
    I've played WoW since vanilla. I skipped WotLK entirely, though I've dabbled in some of the content since coming back for Cataclysm. I'm seeing a lot of 0's here, in addition to a lack of professional reviews so I'm putting in my 2 cents worth, because the 4.0 I'm seeing as the user score seems HORRENDOUSLY inaccurate. I'm only level 88, and have only quested the first 3 zones, so myI've played WoW since vanilla. I skipped WotLK entirely, though I've dabbled in some of the content since coming back for Cataclysm. I'm seeing a lot of 0's here, in addition to a lack of professional reviews so I'm putting in my 2 cents worth, because the 4.0 I'm seeing as the user score seems HORRENDOUSLY inaccurate. I'm only level 88, and have only quested the first 3 zones, so my scope is limited, but my first impression is vastly different from what I'm seeing other people (who likely have the same amount of time with the game, or less.)

Here's the bad:

This is not a perfect launch for an expansion. There have been quest bottlenecks where there are too many players and not enough mobs. Blizzard took away some very convenient features, such as mass summons, and the ability to use your flying mount while levelling, with the purpose of "allowing the player to better appreciate the world they've designed." Cross realm zones have been obnoxiously bugged, and were fixed only yesterday.

All of this is to be expected with the launch of a Blizzard MMO title. Every other launch has been exactly the same.

And guess what? All that stuff doesn't matter.

The zone design is beautiful. The storyline is full of laugh out loud moments, with all the goofy pop culture references you'd expect from Blizzard. The monster designs are unique and interesting. The atmosphere of the first few zones are lighthearted, with the pandas constantly eschewing their love of peace and food. Food is a big deal in this expansion... there's an entire town called Halfhill devoted to all the different cooking specialties you can learn, and tons of quests to do while learning. I've heard there's also a farming minigame to play as well, where you can grow your own cooking reagents? Tradeskills are exceptionally easy, from what I've heard. You could argue that they are too easy, but then, I never really had all that much fun running around farming ore or herbs or skinning back in the days of Classic and Burning Crusade WoW. I haven't stepped into the new dungeons, but I saw previews of them from back in beta, and they look like they'll fit right in with everything that's come before.

The story seems lighthearted now, but some NPC's are dropping foreboding hints at a coming darkness. The tension between horde and alliance in the quests is much more prominent than it's been in the past, and this evil force called the Sha keeps showing up. The ancient protectors of the continent are tired, and unable to tend to it on their own. And that's where we come in. I can't wait to get into these dungeons and raids and save the world once again.
  31. Sep 30, 2012
    Shall I give this one a fair rating unlike everyone else? The game was fun, and the new content was great. There is nothing wrong with this game. I've been around since vanilla, I've played that game at its hardest moments, so I can understand some people saying that the guy is too dumbed down. But hey, this wasn't meant to be StarCraft, and the game really isn't that unchallengingShall I give this one a fair rating unlike everyone else? The game was fun, and the new content was great. There is nothing wrong with this game. I've been around since vanilla, I've played that game at its hardest moments, so I can understand some people saying that the guy is too dumbed down. But hey, this wasn't meant to be StarCraft, and the game really isn't that unchallenging anyways. Everyone saying that probably hasn't even done a new raid yet. The game was fun, and certainly worth the $40 or $60. Ignore the idiots that rated the game 0! Expand
  32. Sep 27, 2012
    One of the best World of Warcraft expansions ever! I have been playing WoW since the middle of Vanilla, and I can't stop playing MoP. Everything is perfect. When I first logged in after the midnight launch, the servers were really laggy. That was expected because I play on one of the most popular Alliance servers. After 2 days of leveling my professions, I started to quest. I was amazed atOne of the best World of Warcraft expansions ever! I have been playing WoW since the middle of Vanilla, and I can't stop playing MoP. Everything is perfect. When I first logged in after the midnight launch, the servers were really laggy. That was expected because I play on one of the most popular Alliance servers. After 2 days of leveling my professions, I started to quest. I was amazed at how much detail Blizzard put in to each zone and quest. Sure there are a lot of grinding quest, but Blizzard also added new quest with new objectives. Leveling from 85 to 90 takes quite a while now, but I was never bored because the quest were fun. Don't listen to all these kids who giving this expansion low ratings, they're basing their ratings on the the previous patch that came prior to MoP. It changed the talent tree, but it's not biggie. Instead of everyone having 'cookie cutter' talent specs, everyone has their own unique spec now. As a hardcore arena player, and casual pve raider, I enjoy this new talent system. Also do not pay any attention to people are saying WoW is to easy now and takes no skill. Sure, anyone can raid 10 or 25 man raids. That is why still has HEROIC 10 and 25 man raids, they offer better gear and take a lot more coordination. Vanilla was terrible and you only loved it because you were young and didn't have a job yet. This game is amazing, I'm sure Blizzard will release a trial for those who didn't upgrade yet, and when they do, you will love it. Expand
  33. Sep 29, 2012
    This is by far the best content Blizzard has ever put out. The questing is superb, the story, the mechanics, I once again have that feeling of AWE I have missed since Vanilla. Kudos Blizzard, this is the best MMO out there.
  34. Sep 27, 2012
    I love you Blizzard. You have brought back what I loved about World of Warcraft - the fun. This expansion got me in a way that BC and WotLK did not. Cataclysm revived alt-leveling for me, and this revived end-game for me. It looks absolutely spectacular despite the "dated" engine. Coming straight from Guild Wars 2, I must say WoW has done everything right this time - and I am back to stay.I love you Blizzard. You have brought back what I loved about World of Warcraft - the fun. This expansion got me in a way that BC and WotLK did not. Cataclysm revived alt-leveling for me, and this revived end-game for me. It looks absolutely spectacular despite the "dated" engine. Coming straight from Guild Wars 2, I must say WoW has done everything right this time - and I am back to stay. Here, take my money. Please.

And all the down-votes in here is just rediculous.
    And people wonder why nobody looks at the user-score. It's a total joke.
    0 score = fanboy of another game, and obviously some sort of adolescent jaleousy.
  35. Oct 3, 2012
    THE GOOD: Expansive, highly detailed zones; probably the best in WoW yet. Improved details in graphics (greater luminosity and spell effects). Great soundtrack that will encourage you to put WoW music on again. Very fun (and humorous) quests that make creative use of the tools the engine has at its disposal. LOTS of endgame content; dungeons are very impressive, and Challenge Mode givesTHE GOOD: Expansive, highly detailed zones; probably the best in WoW yet. Improved details in graphics (greater luminosity and spell effects). Great soundtrack that will encourage you to put WoW music on again. Very fun (and humorous) quests that make creative use of the tools the engine has at its disposal. LOTS of endgame content; dungeons are very impressive, and Challenge Mode gives PvE players a more direct competition with other people. Voice overs are definitely a big improvement over Cataclysm. Monk class is very interesting and fun. Pandaren animations are great. Involving storylines that make you feel like a special snowflake. --------- THE BAD: Overhauled talent system makes leveling feel a bit hollow. A few buggy issues with phasing. ---------- THE UGLY: People will find any reason to hate WoW at this point. Internet chest thumpers are predisposed to hating this game simply because of the Pandaren race. Pet monster mini-game will get a lot of comparisons with Pokemon, although no one has yet criticized Polymock in GW2. (isn't selective journalism great? lol) --------- FIRST IMPRESSIONS: WoW's age is definitely showing, but the efforts put into developing Mists of Pandaria truly shows and gives long-time Blizzard fans a reason to pick up the game again. It's sad that people are judging the game so harshly without even trying it and realizing how much fun it is. FINAL VERDICT COMING IN THE NEAR FUTURE. Expand
  36. Sep 27, 2012
    If you left cause there was nothing to do in Cata check out MoP cause theres a over whelming amount of content. Reminds me a lot like the burning cruesade, also dont believe the people that give the game a zero there either GW2 fans or just haters cause this xpac is so much fun.
  37. Sep 27, 2012
    I am rating this high because I am generally a fan of the WoW franchise. The story and feeling of Mists of Pandaria was interesting enough to keep my hooked 85-90. Now that I am 90 there is so much to do (pet battles, dailies, achievements, heroics, scenarios, challenge modes, etc. etc.) that I am struggling to figure out how to spend my time. The new talent system has managed to giveI am rating this high because I am generally a fan of the WoW franchise. The story and feeling of Mists of Pandaria was interesting enough to keep my hooked 85-90. Now that I am 90 there is so much to do (pet battles, dailies, achievements, heroics, scenarios, challenge modes, etc. etc.) that I am struggling to figure out how to spend my time. The new talent system has managed to give people options, and in most situations there are not "cookie cutter" builds as we saw in previous iterations of the game. In the end people who enjoy the lore of Warcraft will like this expansion, and the tone it sets. Expand
  38. Sep 27, 2012
    First: I really hope this gets posted with paragraphs. I swear they were in here when I submitted this thing.

This expansion is hands down the best they've ever produced. The scenery is beautiful and there's a ton to do. I even find running my own little farm to be surprisingly fun, and I usually hate that kind of thing. It's just tied together so well. They've added content for

They've added content for pretty much every kind of player; from the farm and pet battles, to a lot more daily quests (500+) for end game questing variety, to new dungeons, raids, challenge modes, battle grounds, scenarios (fun little story driven dungeons), etc etc. I've played a lot of other massive games over the last couple of years (but not GW2 so I'm not referring to that here!) and Blizzard still has the best designed quests and encounters, in my opinion. Others are getting better, and Rift is certainly great at churning out content, but when I play WoW those other games just seem unpolished by comparison. Even the combat response times are crisper. There are few things I'd like to see added, inspired by the others, but Blizzard only seems to add things after a lot of thought and testing. Programming something that works for millions of players takes time!

The biggest thing that sets Blizzard apart though is their sense of humor. There's a lot of great references in this game that made me laugh.

So that's my review; it's awesome, and you should try it. If you're burnt out on WoW it might not help, because it's still WoW; not sure why you'd expect it to suddenly be a different game. But if you just got tired of no new content being posted, well, they just posted a TON. And now my personal soap box:

I'll preface this by saying that I'm a fan of Blizzard, but I can acknowledge flaws when I do encounter them. I'm sure the game's not perfect and I just haven't played long enough to run into many flaws yet, and I'm a bit forgiving because of how good my experiences with Blizzard games have been in general.

It seems to me that the biggest problem with WoW is actually a small fraction of the player base leaving reviews and forum posts. There are a lot of negative posts that are good; I'm not talking about those. Some are justifiably upset and offer details on how to fix certain aspects that they disagree with. Most seem to expect a different game, or a system that goes the way they want without realizing there are plenty of people or balance statistics that go the other way. There's a lot of people burned out on the game that don't realize it, and they're a vocal bunch. Then you've got the faction that just thinks everything should be free to play. I imagine they don't like to work and work and not get their pay checks either; not sure why they would expect Blizzard employees to. Others seem to think this is simplified or dumbed down, when gameplay and fights are actually a bit more complex and the mechanics are introduced earlier in the quest lines. I think those people are mis-remembering how content worked in earlier expansions.

Really, if you want to make a choice about the game, play it yourself or ask some trusted friends what they think. People have different opinions. If you find you don't like it, either move on or post some constructive criticism. Try to remember that WoW is made by a bunch of PEOPLE. EA may be a greedy bunch, but the programmers and artists who craft a silly little chipmunk for you to /love are doing something they love and hoping it makes someone smile.
  39. Sep 27, 2012
    A very good game that brings the fun back into gaming for me. I love being able to group up with my friends from other realms and love the new story-driven expansion. It's very much what I love about Warcraft, intrigue, action, war, history-rich and it also has many new features I can enjoy for a long time. Thanks Blizz.
  40. Sep 27, 2012
    I made an account to post this. MoP is easily the best expansion to date. There is a great deal of critism of anything blizzard does or doesnt do these days and I would like to say out that ANYONE who gives expansion under a 5 has either not actually played it or made up there mind not based on reality but on there own misconception or hatred of anything that blizzard produces. There isI made an account to post this. MoP is easily the best expansion to date. There is a great deal of critism of anything blizzard does or doesnt do these days and I would like to say out that ANYONE who gives expansion under a 5 has either not actually played it or made up there mind not based on reality but on there own misconception or hatred of anything that blizzard produces. There is one controversial change which I cannot comment on as I have seen very little of its impact which is cross realm zones. In theory it should be a good thing and I dont see why it shouldnt especially if it adds more chance for random PVP encounters. But I will leave it at that.

Talent/skill/glyph revamp- One of the most unfun things to do in an MMO is to have to learn and relearn complicated trees which alter stats. If you are playing 1 or 2 characters it is easy to keep upto speed and actually know how to make a profficent build. After 10 years of online game I have a small army of characters across doaens of games and it is almost more trouble than it is worth to go back and jump on one you havent played for a while. The new talent system can only give you strong builds that can be figured out relatively quickly. There is also a greater degree of tactical flexibility with the ability to loadout skills and glyphs on the fly allowing more focus on actual combat. I have notivced several skills which have been integrated as passives or into other skills. I think this is great as having more and more skills every year only overcomplicate what should be simple.

Pet battles- only done it a short time but it seems very well done. If you ever played pokemon on gameboy you will like this. It is optional and offers a bit of depth.

Pandaria- I have played many wow clones over the years and I have come to the conclusion that if you are looking for that kind of simple casual progression wow does it just as good and in many cases better than any. They have not reinvented the wheel. but further refined the original formula to make your basic kill/collect quest as entertaining as possible. I wasnt sure if I would be into the whole panda/chinese/kun-fu theme, although they have done a good job of it. It has an exotic feel to it. Alot of the fights are 2-5 mobs and it reminds me of fighting creeps back in the days of ROC/TFT alot more than previous expansions. Monk- Havent played hte new class however I have fought against them and they seem pretty powerful. People actually playing them like it. Dungeons/raids- Only done 4 of the new ones on normal and they are what one would expect. I look forward to the challenge modes and scenarios.

Area looting- about f'in time.

PVP-
    havent been able to try new BG, I think they are lv 90, however there is a hell of alot of world PVP. Sharing quest hubs with the other faction can be tense and difficult at times, and because of that we have the highest levels of WPVP sing the southshore/TM days. Both good and someimes annoying but its what alot of people have been saying they want for years and I dont mind. Overall- I am level 88 and have had the most fun in wow since vanilla. The overall experince is top notch. it is an experiance. I am actually looking forward to leveling up some alts which is unusual. Most people I have talked too and played with have high opinion of MoP. The many low scores reviewers have given on this site is a joke written by a growing minority of disgruntled players who have lost there perspective. I suspect that this is because they have been playing blizzard games/MMOs heavily for years and are incapable of enjoying them anymore. That has happened to me before and I couldnt play for years.
  41. Sep 28, 2012
    Tons of new thinks. The new pet system is awesome. Until now i think its so much better then cataclysm. It brings a lot of new things, systems, raids.
  42. Sep 29, 2012
    Wow, so many haters. If you like "violence" and "manliness" so much, go play CoD. If you don't like how the launch was going, then you didn't see any other MMO launches.
    The design of MoP is great, I'd say it's the best looking wow addon so far. The talent system is not that easy as it looks like (maybe for casuals it is, but hardcore players will see it's potential). Quests is good. Not great, but good enough. Scenarios/heroic dungeons/challenges is a step in a right direction.
    The only thing that I think could be better is LESS DAILIES. WE DO NOT LIKE THEM. But whatever, they're there for keep us playing even if we can't find what to do AND they also give great opportunities for world-pvp
  43. Oct 2, 2012
    Not perfect but much better then most of these derps reviewing will have you believe giving it a zero who have never played it because they don't like pandas and or feel its ripping off pokemon is just stupid.
  44. Sep 28, 2012
    For me, MoP was an awesome experience. Most of the people who are writing bad reviews probably have not even reached end-game yet. Some of them complain about the new talent system, which is an excellent idead in my opinion. No more ''cookie-cutter'' builds, where if you did not pick specific talents, you would have much lower DPS then others. You usually only had 1-3 points to put whereFor me, MoP was an awesome experience. Most of the people who are writing bad reviews probably have not even reached end-game yet. Some of them complain about the new talent system, which is an excellent idead in my opinion. No more ''cookie-cutter'' builds, where if you did not pick specific talents, you would have much lower DPS then others. You usually only had 1-3 points to put where you wanted and even then, they did not change much (Some Builds did not even have those extra points). With the new system, the talents you choose actually modify your gameplay, and there is USUALLY no good answer, it is left to the preference of the player. Furthermore, the new continent is stunning, the environnement is beautifully done and the artwork on some of the mobs are very intricate and interesting. There are new battlegrounds and Dungeons, two whole new modes (Challenge mode and Scenarios), new raids, AoE looting, changes to raid looting, reputation, etc. Hell, some stuff went back to how it was in vanilla ! All in all, i seriously don't understand why people are disliking this expansion. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone who enjoys World of Warcraft. Expand
  45. Sep 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well i see lots of discontent here. Before you are so harsh to judge the game, picture this. Here you are raiding Dragon Soul on heroic difficulty over and over again. You have nothing else to do right? Okay. Lets go farm stuff, make money, get mounts and complete a mother-load of achievements. Suddenly... oh wow what is this!? A new expansion!? Finally! So you go and read up on it little by little as it reaches launch time. Good, now you are in game. Pandas, pandas everywhere, awesome detail new quest-lines, awesome new factions/races, new items, new mounts, new tittles, new achievements, scenarios, challenge modes and a plethora of new content. So here i ask you. Are you judging the new expansion because you never really progressed into raiding and completion during your previous plays? Are you not content with the fact that the game still has low rez graphics to compensate for it's size? (WoW has over 6 million players, with server capacities on the edge of 1000 or more). Are you just a fan boy of previous releases? Or, you just cant accept how awesome this expansion really is because you never cared to research/progress further into the game? Whatever your reason may be, this game deserves much credit. People that complain about the Panda race/faction clearly never understood or read the lore. Pandas were a part of wow long since its begging, just mentioned in short sections. And of course i cant stress this enough again and again, there is the Graphics Enthusiast. I personally demand high graphics from my games, in fact i sometimes judge the games on it's graphics (bad habit), but when it comes to WoW you have to understand that it was never about the graphics, it was about the game play. And last but not least, i am baffled by people who judge this game based on how hard or easier it gets. Raid finder= Great for experiences players who are eager to learn the ropes of raiding.
    Scenarios= Awesome idea towards achievements and "something to do"
    Challenge mode= Perfect way to test your strength and skills as a hardcore gamer, with a rewarding ending only for those who can prove themselves.
    Of course the dungeons and new raids are amazing, explosive content everywhere. So much more lore, so much more unique environments, great unique bosses and worth-wile rewards.
    Now here's another thing. Wonder why WoW MoP is still (TBD) here? Its because a Metacritic less than 90 you hurt its sales. Blizzard knows best, and quite frankly they will destroy those numbers. People have to realize that criticism here is hurting the gaming industry in terms of artistic meaning and individuality. If a game scores low it has a lesser chance to be sequel-ed. And that is completely ignorant.
  46. Oct 1, 2012
    This games looks fantastic. This is hands down the most beautiful expansion to date. I know there has been lots of complaints about this being a happy or childish expansion, but I must say I am very happy they went with something different. I enjoy the bright colours and beautiful scenery. The quests have all been very enjoyable thus far. I do not see any reason this game should be scoringThis games looks fantastic. This is hands down the most beautiful expansion to date. I know there has been lots of complaints about this being a happy or childish expansion, but I must say I am very happy they went with something different. I enjoy the bright colours and beautiful scenery. The quests have all been very enjoyable thus far. I do not see any reason this game should be scoring this low. Give it a try. You will enjoy it. Expand
  47. Sep 29, 2012
    This expansion may not be ground breaking or revolutionary, but it certainly does provide more quality content in a game that has provided hundreds of hours of escapism for day to day life. The new features such as pet battles and scenarios are and interesting way to spend your time while logged in and the game has now managed to provide both the hardcore gamer and the casual gamerThis expansion may not be ground breaking or revolutionary, but it certainly does provide more quality content in a game that has provided hundreds of hours of escapism for day to day life. The new features such as pet battles and scenarios are and interesting way to spend your time while logged in and the game has now managed to provide both the hardcore gamer and the casual gamer various options to keep both happy. You can still do progression raiding and challenge modes as a hardcore or you have the LFR and scenarios if you simply do not have hours on end to apply to your time logged in. Warcraft will always be a polarizing game simply because each individual player believes that their ideas and preferences simply must be the best and most outstanding take on the situation. Blizzard does a fantastic job as an MMO giant providing content that keeps you playing and pleases as large a crowd as possible. If you don't like the game anymore, stop playing. If you like the predictable but steady expansions they provide with a few dashes of new game play styles, then enjoy. You are the consumer. Don't keep paying for something you don't enjoy. I, however, find that Blizzard does the best they can with each release and appreciate the fleshed out world they provide for me to dive in to after a hard day of work. Expand
  48. Sep 30, 2012
    I can honestly tell most people giving reviews on here have either not played the game for longer than 10 mins or just plain hate the game and like lying through whatever teeth they have left.

Mists of Pandaria has been one of the greatest expansions blizzard has made since BC if not better than it and it just is getting started. Don't knock it till you tried it. I became level 90 2 days ago and i have so many things to do. But before that the leveling and questing actually felt fun. The zones are amazing and the dungeons are beautiful. The monk is also a fantastic addition to the game along with the pandas. Alot of people are just mad about pandas...if that's the case don't play as a panda. Nothing is stopping you. This expansion as said is a step in the right direction. I am glad i got back into WoW. Thank you blizzard for making such an amazing expansion. :)
  49. Nov 3, 2012
    "To ask why we fight, is to ask why the leaves fall
  50. Oct 4, 2012
    The monk is fun. The graphics are beautiful. The talent system is no longer a Pavlovian illusion of choice. The community is strong and varied. The newbie zones aren't ghost lands anymore and the pvp has returned to the world. The leveling experience has been streamlined - although in some ways it is now like a solo rocket to max level instead of a journey - which is why I knocked it off 1The monk is fun. The graphics are beautiful. The talent system is no longer a Pavlovian illusion of choice. The community is strong and varied. The newbie zones aren't ghost lands anymore and the pvp has returned to the world. The leveling experience has been streamlined - although in some ways it is now like a solo rocket to max level instead of a journey - which is why I knocked it off 1 point. To those that feel the game is the 'same ol' same ol' - I agree it is still wow. They didn't change how the game is played. But, in my opinion, I didn't want a 'new' game, in the same way that I don't want them to change how baseball is played from season to season. It has expanded the current game, hence the term 'expansion'. They don't change the rules of baseball just because there is a new season do they? Expand
  51. Oct 6, 2012
    Blizzard has crafted a truly amazing expansion with MoP. I am genuinely impressed with the level of detail that has gone into this game. The art-style surpasses almost anything else out there, on an engine that (at it's core) is more than 8 years old. The questing is the most fun I've had in any MMO, and the story-telling actually has me reading most of the quest text. I've been playingBlizzard has crafted a truly amazing expansion with MoP. I am genuinely impressed with the level of detail that has gone into this game. The art-style surpasses almost anything else out there, on an engine that (at it's core) is more than 8 years old. The questing is the most fun I've had in any MMO, and the story-telling actually has me reading most of the quest text. I've been playing off and on since Vanilla, so statistically I'm probably supposed to hate this game... but as far as I'm concerned it just keeps getting better. Expand
  52. Sep 27, 2012
    Curious so many negative scores were put in before anyone even had a chance to try the game. Anyway, on one side I'm a bit sad that I have to give such high marks to an old title such as World of WarCraft who simply stick to the tried and true formula because it works. But the truth is there just isn't any better MMO out there. I think it's only fair the actual good games receive theirCurious so many negative scores were put in before anyone even had a chance to try the game. Anyway, on one side I'm a bit sad that I have to give such high marks to an old title such as World of WarCraft who simply stick to the tried and true formula because it works. But the truth is there just isn't any better MMO out there. I think it's only fair the actual good games receive their deserved ratings while the mediocrity we must suffer at the hands of overhyped, but now dying games like Guild Wars 2 are left in the dust. Expand
  53. Oct 1, 2012
    Tons and tons of Asian atmosphere in this new expansion. The new continent of Pandaria is the most beautiful place made in the world of Azeroth and I applaud the designers who can squeeze so much artistry out of an 8+ year old game engine.
    The game has been made more accessible for new players while giving the hard core players more challenges with the introduction of challenge modes. This expansion gives all gamer types something to do: casual gamers can have fun with pet battles and scenarios which don't take up much time while the hardcore crowd can build up their character by doing hundreds of daily quests, instances, challenge modes to get ready to raid.
    The new race is endearing with their Asian flair and cute looks and the new class is a welcome addition to the other 10. The quests are top notch and made me laugh on more than one occasion. The typical blizzard humor can also be found in the Instances. If a dungeon where you can battle drunken monkey creatures and beer spirits doesn't make you chuckle then life must be a very sour experience for you indeed. Never since the BC and WotLK days have enjoyed WoW this much. A very nice recovery from a mediocre Catacllysm.
    To all the jaded haters I say: If you're fed up with wow go play something else. I expect you'll soon find something new you can spew your bile on.
  54. Oct 4, 2012
    I remember my DM from back in the day going gaga over the AD&D 2e Oriental Adventures book and I was not digging it at all. I was very much hardcore into Norse mythology and indeed that's what first drawed me into WoW. So when I first heard of this expansion I was incredibly turned off. That said, I've taken to MoP quite well. To me it seems like a really interesting concept, aI remember my DM from back in the day going gaga over the AD&D 2e Oriental Adventures book and I was not digging it at all. I was very much hardcore into Norse mythology and indeed that's what first drawed me into WoW. So when I first heard of this expansion I was incredibly turned off. That said, I've taken to MoP quite well. To me it seems like a really interesting concept, a completely cut off land from the conflict that has ravaged the rest of Azeroth. Reminds me a lot of the relationship between D&D Forgotten Realms and Al-Qadim (they were both part of the same campaign setting, though treated as two different entities in printed adventures while the most interesting adventures to me was when we brought in assassins from Al-Qadim into Forgotten Realms or plundering Drows into the deserts of Al-Qadim). That type of clash really adds a lot for me to the scope of the world in the game.

The game itself is both familiar and new, fun and satisfying. I dig the new monk class and the new Pandarian race. The new skill system, though it irked me at first, I actually prefer now after a few days. I picked up Guild Wars 2 thinking it would easily be my favorite mmo experience this year. I was pleasantly surprised in picking up MoP because it totally made up for Guild Wars 2.
  55. Sep 28, 2012
    This game has breathed a breath of renewed life into World of Warcraft. Too many people expect this to be a GW2 clone with a WOW skin over the top - it is not, and that is why it is successful. World of Warcraft is returning to its roots, leveling is a longer and more rewarding experience than 'oh I hit 81..and then an hour later oh I hit 82'. The scenery is beautiful, the music is wellThis game has breathed a breath of renewed life into World of Warcraft. Too many people expect this to be a GW2 clone with a WOW skin over the top - it is not, and that is why it is successful. World of Warcraft is returning to its roots, leveling is a longer and more rewarding experience than 'oh I hit 81..and then an hour later oh I hit 82'. The scenery is beautiful, the music is well made and immersive.

There are so many bad reviews from butthurt old-timers who expected 'passive mitigation' and people who just down-vote the game for no reason other than D3 being a flop. I have -actually- played this game since Vanilla, and this is honestly the most fun I have had since LK. Do yourself a favour and give this expansion a go, you won't regret it.
  56. Sep 29, 2012
    There are many things that are wrong with WoW's newest expansion. Though there is so much more that is right. Mists of Pandaria represents the culmination of years of experience in making WoW expansions. It is the best of the series without question, or perhaps seems as such following the horrible blunder that was Cataclysm. The art style, questing systems and new continent areThere are many things that are wrong with WoW's newest expansion. Though there is so much more that is right. Mists of Pandaria represents the culmination of years of experience in making WoW expansions. It is the best of the series without question, or perhaps seems as such following the horrible blunder that was Cataclysm. The art style, questing systems and new continent are everything that the game needed to feel refreshing, while also boosting it's normal "World of Warcraft" style that people either love or hate. While most reviews herein contain reasons such as "network" or "Pandas" followed by obscene ignorance, MoP is everything that any past expansion has given and perhaps more. Gamers today as a whole have lost the ability of distinction, and it is human nature to hate on something that is popular if you are not a part of that group. This is exasperatingly evident with MoP, which brings forth new content, brilliant visuals (ala WoW style), hilarious and entertaining quests and an promise of so much more. The new systems alone provide for bonus addons that give players new things to do while preparing for raids and to do battle; the cross realm system, while very irritating to non-PvP realm characters, is a great idea that was poorly implemented. Getting gold ratings on challenge modes are incredibly hard even for hardcore raiders, and scenarios bring an additional outlet for people to spend time earning justice and new items without needed a tank or healer. In addition, the reformat of normal dungeons to the era of Wrath, while maintaining the difficulty of challenge modes, is a tremendous improvement over the last expansion where dungeons weren't all that popular until the second patch.

Blizzard has promise bi or tri monthly patches containing alternating portions of contents such as raids, dungeons, dailies and story that will further advance the storyline of Mists of Pandaria. As such, huge battles are expected, and there is already more blood in the water than in any expansion thus far. PvP is rampant on PvP realms, and so are a huge amount of issues that should have been handled during beta (such as crz and it's general useless nature other than providing extra players to steal your kills or quest mobs).

Pet battles are strangely addicting, and farming is less than optimal in being entertaining. Still, the game boosts tremendous improvements over the past, learning from mistakes and rewarding multiple different types of crowds. As most raids haven't been released (scheduled for a week or two), the only experiences I could speak of such is from the Beta, of which I found to be very enjoyable and just challenging enough.

Questing is entertaining from the start, minus the somewhat poor cut-scenes made to introduce them. Multiple different objectives, story-lines and "just for fun" tasks bring forth refreshing leveling when focused on at a moderate pace. Pandas, while controversial, bring about a certain feeling of "zen" in their own land, but ultimately cause one to quirk their eyebrows when seeing them in regular towns. Luckily, if Worgen are any indication, they will be a rare race of bestials despite having an "awesome" flare to a certain crowd. To put it bluntly, if one is on the fence about this expansion and you've enjoyed WoW in the past, it is definitely worth the purchase price and a few months of entertainment. Many are getting tired of the whole raiding scene and just getting new gear just to get new gear. Though the amount of content and things to so and do within WoW will give months to do while waiting on other games or just needing to fill time in general out of boredom.
  57. Oct 4, 2012
    I love all the QQ's about this game, i been a player for 6 years now and this is the best expansion in my opinion(now granted i didnt do end game content for BC so i cant judge on that) All i ever hear is people say "it seems like they made this game for kids" Are you all forgetting your playing a video game? of course its going to be focused on a younger crowd........ WoW has always hadI love all the QQ's about this game, i been a player for 6 years now and this is the best expansion in my opinion(now granted i didnt do end game content for BC so i cant judge on that) All i ever hear is people say "it seems like they made this game for kids" Are you all forgetting your playing a video game? of course its going to be focused on a younger crowd........ WoW has always had a childish theme to it. The content is SO much better than Cata, leveling has not been a complete drag to me yet which is a complete breathe of fresh air. And to those that say its dumbed down, 10 bucks says 3/4 of you went onto elitest jerks and tried to find the best build for your class and spec cause i know i sure did. So don't preach about how it impacted your play style and blah blah blah cause in reality it did not really effect you at all. All i hear is ohhhh i want it back to the way it was and end game to be ridiculously hard core. Well you all need to realize Blizzard is a BUSINESS and needs to do what they feel is best for their product......... Don't like it? Then end your subscription and go play something else, but im sure most of the negative reviewers here are already level 90. I love MoP and will be a long time WoW fan. Expand
  58. Sep 28, 2012
    Really don't understand all the negative. Quests are fun and very varied. Story lines are equal parts serious and funny. Zones end in big dramatic conclusions that tie together every story you've followed. The zones are gorgeous and filled with variety. The enemies each have unique attacks that keep most fights interesting. The dungeons, while brief, offer something different around eachReally don't understand all the negative. Quests are fun and very varied. Story lines are equal parts serious and funny. Zones end in big dramatic conclusions that tie together every story you've followed. The zones are gorgeous and filled with variety. The enemies each have unique attacks that keep most fights interesting. The dungeons, while brief, offer something different around each turn, even if they are somewhat derivative of previous boss fights.It's also a relief to be playing a story that is about more than just a big enemy. It's still WoW, people. You still accept quests, use abilities, turn in quest. But the shape around it has changed. Its also a massive relief to see some things condensed. I feel like Warcraft continues to evolve with my life changes, offering me new options to explore the content I don't have quite as much time for.
    Also, ignore reviews that came out at launch. This is not an expansion that can be summed up inone days worth of play.
  59. Sep 28, 2012
    Mists is great, fantastic visuals, great new areas to explore and awesome new dungeons with great stories that take you through the content. Peoples hatred for Blizzard amazes me, and the fact that they rate this game a '0' just shows immaturity, even when they are crying themselves to sleep because they want a more mature game..? I think Blizz did a great job, the old talent trees wereMists is great, fantastic visuals, great new areas to explore and awesome new dungeons with great stories that take you through the content. Peoples hatred for Blizzard amazes me, and the fact that they rate this game a '0' just shows immaturity, even when they are crying themselves to sleep because they want a more mature game..? I think Blizz did a great job, the old talent trees were stupid because everyone would just hop on google to find the best spec, now it actually requires personal choices as opposed to just following the crowd. Anyone who is hating on the game is just bitter because they're childhood has passed them by and they want to relive it. Expand
  60. Sep 28, 2012
    masterpiece, the art design is superb when you stand in the valley of the four winds its almost like living in a painting ( high graphics settings), every culture is finely detailed with buildings, props and inspired backstories, and i have to say this follows the blizzard principle of quality trough details. Love the game i am actually kind of sad that in time i will finally explore themasterpiece, the art design is superb when you stand in the valley of the four winds its almost like living in a painting ( high graphics settings), every culture is finely detailed with buildings, props and inspired backstories, and i have to say this follows the blizzard principle of quality trough details. Love the game i am actually kind of sad that in time i will finally explore the whole continent but then i will have a farm to take care and my ever growing pokemon collection

and the rest pve and pvp great as always but i dont really care much about this because any mmo can put some kind of dungeon/raid/battleground, blizzard just makes them beautiful and detailed
  61. Sep 29, 2012
    Best expansion I've played since Burning Crusade. Excellent storyline and a depth and variety of activities to perform that all other MMOs seem to still lack.
  62. Sep 30, 2012
    Ignore the GW2 haters who put up tons of horrible reviews. Mists of Panaria is WoW's best expansion yet. Launch day was amazingly smooth. Just hit level 90 and I'm blown away by the art & quest design for this expansion.
  63. Oct 1, 2012
    If you've been loving WoW for the last 8 years like me, then you'll love this one too. There is a ton more endgame content right out of the box. the soundtrack is also beautiful again. just fun all around. if you didn't like wow before then you probably won't like this, so go back to guild wars 2.
  64. Oct 30, 2012
    Lol this expansion is really fun and well made, just like every other one it provides tons of replay. Also i cant help but laugh at all the Guild Wars 2 fan boy butt hurt about this. Do any of you people even own the gAme? Probably not, i have played guild wars 2 and its a good game but doesnt keep you hooked and always with something do like WoW does. And if you dont like this feel freeLol this expansion is really fun and well made, just like every other one it provides tons of replay. Also i cant help but laugh at all the Guild Wars 2 fan boy butt hurt about this. Do any of you people even own the gAme? Probably not, i have played guild wars 2 and its a good game but doesnt keep you hooked and always with something do like WoW does. And if you dont like this feel free
    To dislike, swear about me, rate it unhelpful and have a good time in Azeroth! ;)
  65. Oct 2, 2012
    Another solid addition to World of Warcraft. The game may have changed since the good old days, yet it still manages to entertain. Play it for what it is now, not what it used to be, and you'll have fun. Blow out the new 5 levels, run some dungeons, say hi to old friends, then park your main again for a few years till next expansion. lol This is simply the cycle of aging mmo's.Another solid addition to World of Warcraft. The game may have changed since the good old days, yet it still manages to entertain. Play it for what it is now, not what it used to be, and you'll have fun. Blow out the new 5 levels, run some dungeons, say hi to old friends, then park your main again for a few years till next expansion. lol This is simply the cycle of aging mmo's. Seriously..everyquest has 20 expansions now...and still a core base of people that play. If you don't wanna play, then dont :) WOW will never be the same game as it was, but then again..would you want it to be? Expand
  66. Oct 10, 2012
    There's a lot of kids whining about how the game isn't what it used to be on here,, Minus them i think this should have a MUCH higher user score.
    Band waggoning all over the shop, so i shall add my counter.
  67. Sep 28, 2012
    It's quite easily to say this:

Mists of Pandaria is Blizzard's masterpiece in the World of Warcraft.

Pandaria is absolutely breathtaking, lightyears better than WotLK or Cataclysm.
  68. Oct 6, 2012
    Seems like some kind of payed anti blizzard ppl are posting here. The day expansion launched, they all give 0/10 score.

Unfortunatelyy, this makes all this scores by users totally uselles. Still, I found MoP much more entertaining than GW2. Quests are more fun, playing is much smoother (responsive of my character), the graphics changed so much (for better) for years. The new zone

Unfortunatelyy, this makes all this scores by users totally uselles.

Still, I found MoP much more entertaining than GW2. Quests are more fun, playing is much smoother (responsive of my character), the graphics changed so much (for better) for years. The new zone looks really cool.

At least my realm (Grimm Batol EU) is full of players, at AH we have tons of items (over 80k atm), raids started this week and LFR starts next. I'm having a blats playing this expansion.

Just to compare - I'v played maybe 20hrs GE2 and made me bore so much i have not launch it since. I've played MoP like 80hrs already and having so much fun.

I was somehow afraid of pandas. Fortunate, the race is cool, in those bandannas they look badass, animations are fine. Plus in the new quests they fit perfectly, nothing seems odd, everything is good explained.
  69. Sep 28, 2012
    First and foremost, let me start out by saying that I think many of the people here who have reported the game as being shipped out as the same content over and over have to realize something about MMOs in general: they all follow the same pattern. Sure, there are games out, now, like Guild Wars 2 and Rift that implemented an event-based questing system. But guess what? 8 years down theFirst and foremost, let me start out by saying that I think many of the people here who have reported the game as being shipped out as the same content over and over have to realize something about MMOs in general: they all follow the same pattern. Sure, there are games out, now, like Guild Wars 2 and Rift that implemented an event-based questing system. But guess what? 8 years down the line when the game releases their expansions, I wonder how many people are going to say oh god, not another EVENT-BASED expansion? Because after 8 years of a game being released and built upon, I would think people are just looking to hate on a game thats been walking a delicate line between releasing drastic changes and retaining much of the nostalgic and old-style feel from Classic WoW. What people want is an overhaul, but not an -overhaul-. Oh, please change all x things, but leave x things the same! I am in no way a Blizzard fangirl.Blizzard has made some royal screw-ups in the course of its career, but I -do- think they are trying. Do people really think these developers and artists just sit there and put no love into their work? Do you think they hate their own games? Come on. Use your brains. If -you- were a developer working day and night on a project as big as WoW, youd do the best you can at making it a game worth playing. Stop being petty and play the game longer than three days before you start down-rating it for issues that are either already being addressed or that are never going to change, period. If you dont like the rep/quest grind any longer, you should just stop playing MMOs in general and quit downgrading a game solely on a mechanic that is NEVER going to go away.
    Quests: There have been quite a few bugs here and there in the questlines. Such is expected of a newly game, so I give them an appropriate amount of time to go back in and fix those bugs. They are doing so as I type this...a two hour down-time period for them to do an overhaul and fix some of the more glaring issues. I dont mind taking a break from my grind to come back to fixed content. Now, we have the quests themselves, which actually are still reminiscent of the typical quest grind, but have some interesting lore surprises just when you think things are getting boring! I thoroughly enjoy the turn the lore has taken for the Alliance-side questing through Pandaria and have been following closely through each zone. Some quests are very fun and light-hearted, some might call them 'childish' but really, we're all playing an online fantasy game, what else do you expect? Pandaren: They are pretty interesting...I thoroughly LOVE Chinese lore in and of itself and I think Blizzard was very respectful in borrowing and honoring some implemented qualities from the culture and design. This is coming from a person who went to Blizzcon and grouched about the day they announced the idea of Pandaren: I didnt like them and didnt want them in my WoW. But now that I've run around on one for quite a while and delved into their lore, I have changed my mind.
    Continent: There are certain areas in Pandaria that just blew me away visually...I stand still or run around an area just to take in the beauty of it all. Zones all have something unique about them that set them apart and the flow of the quest chains has you visiting every single area so you dont miss out on any of the hard work they put into the design. Lore: I think the lore in this expansion is everything I had hoped for, not just for the Pandaren, but for the Alliance and Horde in general. I would like to go into further details but Id rather not spoil anything for anybody who hasn't gotten through most of the first batch of content. Ive been waiting for is some kind of recognition from Blizzard that there are players out there who want to see some character development for our lore characters! Graphics: The graphics have been updated significantly: better texture resolutions, smoother animations, some recycled but many of them new and fresh. They contrast heavily with the older textures and previous armor-styles but Blizzard has made it clear that they will be working on and releasing revamped character models in the future. As long as that promise is upheld, I can be patient and wait for that to roll around.
    CRZ: I heavily dislike them, I wish they were never implemented. I feel as though this is the source of all my lag and would prefer it if they would remove the feature entirely. Talent System: I miss the old talent system. I think this new change is interesting, at best, but I saw nothing wrong with the old talent trees and wish they had never touched them. I like the minor glyphs and even some options that change spells to better fit a play style. Major glyphs help to counter a little of my dislike towards the talent changes.
    Scenarios/Challenges: Have not gotten that far, yet, but after doing Theramore I think they show potential.
    Overall, this expansion gets a 9/10.
  70. Sep 28, 2012
    I think its a GREAT value for the money. You play it for a few months, get your monies worth and then quit when something else shiny/new comes out. Its the cost of about 2 movies. I quit a couple years ago, came back to Mists and personally, I'm having a GREAT time. I would happily spend the money again. Some of these reviews are laughable. What do people expect? Some kind of life alteringI think its a GREAT value for the money. You play it for a few months, get your monies worth and then quit when something else shiny/new comes out. Its the cost of about 2 movies. I quit a couple years ago, came back to Mists and personally, I'm having a GREAT time. I would happily spend the money again. Some of these reviews are laughable. What do people expect? Some kind of life altering experience? Please. Expand
  71. Sep 28, 2012
    Fantastic, immersive questing; wonderful graphics (yes, the engine is old, but so what? this makes it accessible to a wide variety of people); and a fascinating storyline with subtle, adult undertones make this the best expansion since Wrath of the Lich King. Raid content is not yet open so cannot comment yet on this, but based on several days of play I cannot see myself getting bored orFantastic, immersive questing; wonderful graphics (yes, the engine is old, but so what? this makes it accessible to a wide variety of people); and a fascinating storyline with subtle, adult undertones make this the best expansion since Wrath of the Lich King. Raid content is not yet open so cannot comment yet on this, but based on several days of play I cannot see myself getting bored or unhappy with this expansion. They have put in so much to for me to do that I'll be kept busy for the next year. Two thumbs up. Expand
  72. Oct 1, 2012
    Complete rip off of Age of Bronan's Gates of Khitai expansion, but with pandas and Pokemon battles.

This game was much better back when people who aren't as good as me couldn't access the majority of the endgame content. Playing a mage in Sunwell was truly the height of my World of Warcraft experience. Metzen needs to put down the writing quill and dedicate all of his time doing what he does best: grooming his immaculate goatee.

10 for pandas.
  73. Oct 2, 2012
    TheThird
    Sep 25, 2012
    8 Good quests, zone design, artwork, and new features are the strong point of this expansion. Those who are wanting an interesting leveling experience, colorful zones and dungeons, and new lore will not be disappointed by this expansion. Compared to the sometimes dull and rehashed zones in Cataclysm, the new zones are a breath of fresh air that harken back to the
    TheThird
    Sep 25, 2012
  74. Oct 2, 2012
    Good quests, zone design, artwork, and new features are the strong point of this expansion. Those who are wanting an interesting leveling experience, colorful zones and dungeons, and new lore will not be disappointed by this expansion. Compared to the sometimes dull and rehashed zones in Cataclysm, the new zones are a breath of fresh air that harken back to the zone design of WotLK. TheGood quests, zone design, artwork, and new features are the strong point of this expansion. Those who are wanting an interesting leveling experience, colorful zones and dungeons, and new lore will not be disappointed by this expansion. Compared to the sometimes dull and rehashed zones in Cataclysm, the new zones are a breath of fresh air that harken back to the zone design of WotLK. The accompanying music has an appropriate oriental feel mixed with the oldschool tunes of Warcraft 3, which they seem to be trying to bring back in to the game. I thought the pet battles would be a somewhat amusing side feature, and was surprised to learn how in-depth they went in to creating that system and its content. If you liked Pokémon, you'll probably get some fun out of the pet battle system. Don't look for the same amount of depth, however. The pandas have an interesting and sometimes amusing story. If you're looking for a dead serious, no-funny-business, don't play the Pandarian race. There's still plenty to keep you entertained that's not your cup of tea, however. This expansion loses points for the sometimes overly silly and cheesy quest and cinematic content and dialogue. Sometimes it seems like some sort of weird comedy in certain parts. I found myself groaning out loud in certain areas. Expand
  75. Oct 2, 2012
    it´s a wonderful game, my english is very bad, but i try explain it, world of warcraft with this expansion, return to its origins, it´s a great expansion
  76. Oct 5, 2012
    Honestly, my wife and I haven't had this much fun playing WoW together in years. We love the new island, and I am totally in love with the Monk class. I would probably rate this game an 8. Its a great step forward for the series. They've updated a lot of things, but there's some things that are still pretty old and tired. The graphics for the old races for example could use some loving.Honestly, my wife and I haven't had this much fun playing WoW together in years. We love the new island, and I am totally in love with the Monk class. I would probably rate this game an 8. Its a great step forward for the series. They've updated a lot of things, but there's some things that are still pretty old and tired. The graphics for the old races for example could use some loving. There needs to be even better ways to group with friends who are lower level to keep them interested in the game (I loved CoH/CoV adjusted level grouping). However, I think the redesign is more than slapping lipstick on a pig, they've gone through a long process and eliminated a lot of the boring utility stuff and given us a bunch of fun, cool abilities. The questing and storyline for pandaria is a bit static, however, none of your choices really matter the way SWTOR made your stories seem to matter. That being said I was enthralled to see the stories unfold, and it made me care about what was going on in the land of Pandaria more and more. The immersive effect is helped by a great musical score and superb voice acting. I was very dissappointed with the quality of the voice acting in Cataclysm, so the new stuff was very refreshing and helped draw me into the story.

So far, the new dungeons and new challenges and scenarios are fun. I like how you can still have the lower difficulty stuff for casuals but there are challenges (gold medaling dungeon runs) for more advanced people to test themselves against. I like how these challenges are getting players to be more creative in their approach.

As I say, I would give this game an 8/10 except apparently a bunch of Guildwars 2 fanboys came over to metacritic to crap all over this game for no reason. So I'll give it a 10/10 to help try and correct this bias. Really guys, its not mature to be dishonest about a game simply because you are a fan of a competitor.
  77. Oct 5, 2012
    Great Story/Content. Beautiful new landscapes. Great new musical score to go along with the new lands. Scenarios are a nice break from the dungeon grind and allow you to queue for what are basically the group quests now. Overall it is one of the best expansions since BC.
  78. Oct 5, 2012
    I actually think this expansion is quite good and it's the one to bring me back. Cataclysm was rather disappointing, but this expansion brings back the sense of exploration and wonder that I enjoyed to much with Wrath of the Lich King. I don't get why so many people hate it, but as with all internet trolls, they just hate stuff to hate stuff, really.
  79. Jul 14, 2013
    I played this game for a long time and i all ways loved it! I all ways thought that this game easily deserved a 100/100. Sadly the new expansion "Mists of Pandaria" did not turn out as well as i thought but all the other ones were good and i can't wait to see what new expansion comes out next! :D
  80. Oct 8, 2012
    This is by far the best WoW Expansion IMO, the quest and story are amazing, actual cut scenes and voice overs with a set laid out story make this jsut amazing, combat is harder and it feels more like how the original wow was to me, the MUSIC is AMAZING the Asian themed music is so well done and makes you real feel the atmosphere of pandaria. If you are a true WOW fan and not one of theseThis is by far the best WoW Expansion IMO, the quest and story are amazing, actual cut scenes and voice overs with a set laid out story make this jsut amazing, combat is harder and it feels more like how the original wow was to me, the MUSIC is AMAZING the Asian themed music is so well done and makes you real feel the atmosphere of pandaria. If you are a true WOW fan and not one of these chavs giving the game a review of 0 because they are immature and have no love for rpg's then you will love this new expansion... 10/10 and the gfx are much nicer now with more polys. Expand
  81. Oct 15, 2012
    It's been about 4 years since I was excited to get home to play World of Warcraft. Hasn't been this enjoyable since The Burning Crusade. Pretty much says it all.
  82. Sep 28, 2012
    The monk class released with this expansion class is one of my favorite classes from any mmo so far. I used to wonder why most MMOs did not offer a "Martial Arts" sort of class. Well finally WoW has, and it is not only my favorite class in the game, but of any MMO. The new Pandaren race is very well done, and many would agree has the best animations of any race in the game. World ofThe monk class released with this expansion class is one of my favorite classes from any mmo so far. I used to wonder why most MMOs did not offer a "Martial Arts" sort of class. Well finally WoW has, and it is not only my favorite class in the game, but of any MMO. The new Pandaren race is very well done, and many would agree has the best animations of any race in the game. World of Warcraft is about as polished as a game can get from my experience, and I play just about every major MMO released. I am VERY pleased that I gave WoW another try, I have not been able to stop playing since MoP released. Expand
  83. Sep 28, 2012
    As an mmo veteran i would like to say that I really love this expansion. I must be playing a different game than some of the negative posters. The transition was seamless for me, I've had a total of two MINOR bugs throughout the entire expansion. To dislike the pandas just because they seem childish is very shallow, the panda starting zone was very entertaining and the lore is amazing. TheAs an mmo veteran i would like to say that I really love this expansion. I must be playing a different game than some of the negative posters. The transition was seamless for me, I've had a total of two MINOR bugs throughout the entire expansion. To dislike the pandas just because they seem childish is very shallow, the panda starting zone was very entertaining and the lore is amazing. The artwork in mists of pandaria is beautiful, I just want to take my time questing so I can enjoy the scenery. Sure the graphics could be better but you have to sacrifice so some people can play (not everyone can have a state of the art computer). I have leveled several characters throughout the whole game and I must say that the questing experience keeps getting better. The interactions with the NPC's and the flawless phasing makes everything seem so real. To say this game is easier I think is wrong also. The mini rarespawn's throughout the questing zones make use of difficult mechanics that even a veteran will struggle with, the new talent system (although simplified) now can be encounter specific and good players will know which talents to use for each fight. The old talent system was never very difficult to begin with. Overall I think it is beautiful, questing is more involved, and very well put together. Thank you Blizzard! Expand
  84. Oct 7, 2012
    Blizzard dish out another winner - does Pandaria re-invent the genre? Hell no. But it gives the fans exactly what they want from a WoW expansion pack. Heaps of great new content, a new class, new dungeons, new raids, and some fun new features like pet battles, scenarios and challenge modes. If you play WoW, this is great. And if you don't, a WoW expansion isn't really relevant to you, is it?
  85. Oct 7, 2012
    The mists part, revealing the lovely world of Pandaria. Epic landscapes and vistas encapsulate the screen, revealing the beauty and grace this expansion offers. Yes, the rep grinds are tough, talents are streamlined, and only having ground mounts until level 90 can be frustrating. However this expansion is brimming with extremely detailed environments, great questing lore, intriguingThe mists part, revealing the lovely world of Pandaria. Epic landscapes and vistas encapsulate the screen, revealing the beauty and grace this expansion offers. Yes, the rep grinds are tough, talents are streamlined, and only having ground mounts until level 90 can be frustrating. However this expansion is brimming with extremely detailed environments, great questing lore, intriguing characters, and variety in quests. Reputation is no longer earned with tabards for the main pandaria factions, and while many may say this is bad, its also keeps it interesting, and it can be much more rewarding when you do reach honored/revered/exalted. Rare spawns actually drop better loot, depending on their level, and the 40man world boss is very fun and challenging. Mists of Pandaria actually FEELS like an expansion, there is so much to do that its hard to become bored, and the Pandaren arent as cheesy as they look, but actually fit right in. My only massive gripe is the high-population log-in queue's, sometimes exceeding 2:30hrs to actually play, but otherwise, welcome to pandaria!! Expand
  86. Sep 28, 2012
    I love this expansion, While a lighter tone for the most part then the others it really sets the stage for the war between the Horde and Alliance coming back, The amount of new end game content is fantastic, between challenge modes, scenario's, pet battles, and various other mini games. I can see myself playing this for a long while, and probably well up until the next expansion. I doI love this expansion, While a lighter tone for the most part then the others it really sets the stage for the war between the Horde and Alliance coming back, The amount of new end game content is fantastic, between challenge modes, scenario's, pet battles, and various other mini games. I can see myself playing this for a long while, and probably well up until the next expansion. I do believe the game has gotten easier to an extent but players have also been playing this for over 7 years. The game play can only change so much in a game that's already built and I think blizzard does a wonderful job adding in new and crazy mechanics. Boss fights require a little more motion and being on your toes then "Don't stand in the fire". For everyone else reviewing this game, its only been out for 3 days. 95% of the player base is mot even at level 90 yet and the end game is where this expansion is really suppose to stand out. Stop judging it harshly until you've given it a fair chance. Expand
  87. Oct 30, 2012
    Dragon Soul destroyed my faith in WoW that Firelands built up. The release of MoP has made me regain some of that faith.

Questing and dailies are as grinding as always and boring, the dungeons are not terrible but at the same time they are nothing great. I am here for the raiding though and so far MoP blows Drag Soul out of the water. As I said before dailies are a grind-fest and

As I said before dailies are a grind-fest and very boring so if you want to play a game for the questing then it may not be the game for you, but I play the game solely for the raiding and this is a big improvement over Dragon Soul. It would be nice to see some sort of innovative new idea for questing, but I still give it a 9/10 for a decent opening raid.
  88. Oct 13, 2012
    (giving a 10 to offset the children, deserves a 9)

Graphics are stylized and fantastic Monk class is fun and OP at the moment Pet Battles are poke-awesome Tillers faction is fun Story is actually worth paying attention to for once Panda's are no worse than Tauren or Murlcok and have great animation - WoW after all this time is still WoW, take it or leave it Monks start at level
    (giving a 10 to offset the children, deserves a 9)

Graphics are stylized and fantastic
    Monk class is fun and OP at the moment
    Pet Battles are poke-awesome
    Tillers faction is fun
    Story is actually worth paying attention to for once
    Panda's are no worse than Tauren or Murlcok and have great animation
    WoW after all this time is still WoW, take it or leave it
    Monks start at level ONE
    Glyphs are better than ever
    Talent system replaced with boredom
  89. HoP
    Oct 13, 2012
    LOL at all the people trying to lower MoP scores so people will join their failing mmo games ... To anyone that wants the truth, MoP is the best Xpac since TBC and in many cases better. To say there is nothing new in the game, is a blatant lie and points to people that have never stepped into Blizzards new exanpsion. The xpac is now a little over 2 weeks old and I already have 7daysLOL at all the people trying to lower MoP scores so people will join their failing mmo games ... To anyone that wants the truth, MoP is the best Xpac since TBC and in many cases better. To say there is nothing new in the game, is a blatant lie and points to people that have never stepped into Blizzards new exanpsion. The xpac is now a little over 2 weeks old and I already have 7days worth of played time at 90.

To those saying the game is simplistic? Please, there is more depth involved then your tiny brains can process.

A lot of these "0" reviews come from gw2, swotr, etc fanboy's who are upset the MoP has stolen their user base once again.

Hats off to Blizzard to creating what COULD VERY WELL POSSIBLY end up being the BEST xpac, time will tell, but if Blizzard keeps with the quailty they have started with, this very likely will become true.

So, if you are reading these reviews, don't be fooled by those trying to downrate MoP because of their personal grudge and inadept ability to enjoy a great game when it slaps them in the face.

Pick up MoP and start enjoying Pandaria. The story, gameplay, graphics, voice overs are all topnotch from a company that cares about their game and it shows through with flying colors.

Those worried that game has been casualized becauase of simple talent system, don't fool yourselfs, the talent system simply took what everyone does and applied it to your character and finally given you choices that matter and can truly effect your play experience.

The game has struck a balance for the hardcore and casuals that was never achived before. There are things that are goofy, easy and fun to keep players entertained, but the difficulty of higher rewards is turned up for those a bit more serious about the game. Wow no longer feels like it was designed for players who just wanted free hand outs and this a great step in the right direction.

Dungeons are truly well designed a mix between some challenge till mastered and fun for the causal player.

Challenge modes will challenge even the best of players while provide rewards out of reach for others.

But the pinnicale is raiding, Blizzard has heard and for the first time SINCE TBC the raiding is spot on, even the entry level raid currently available is beautiful the boss encounters diverse and difficult. None of the encounters are push overs the average player will find raiding absolutley amazing, while the hardcore will like always continue to clear ahead of others but will still enjoy the absolutely fantastic raid boss designs, where every member in the raid must play to their best of their abilities with an absolultey fantastic feeling of team work, an the casuals they will have their LFR to let them see the content at a simpler level.

MoP trulys 10/10 to all the haters, go back to your other mmo's and languish on your empty servers, the rest of us are in Pandaria enjoying what is truly the masterpiece of MMO's.

Cheers Blizzard you nailed this one!
  90. Oct 15, 2012
    So, I can tell whoever gave this a zero didn't even play it. This is by far better than Cataclysm. This expansion brings you into a new world, with a rich new story to the Warcraft universe. Sure, Pandas are goofy and not so serious, but the expansion is great. The quests they put in make questing not a drag, and I LOVE the continent of Pandaria. The only problems I have currently withSo, I can tell whoever gave this a zero didn't even play it. This is by far better than Cataclysm. This expansion brings you into a new world, with a rich new story to the Warcraft universe. Sure, Pandas are goofy and not so serious, but the expansion is great. The quests they put in make questing not a drag, and I LOVE the continent of Pandaria. The only problems I have currently with this expansion is the Cross Realm Zones, with all the ganking and bugs going on leveling alts has become pretty frustrating. But after getting past all of those frustations, the new monk class is amazing. They are very balanced (compared to release Death Knights). I have no idea where these haters came from, but this expansion is great. I was going to quit WoW but MoP brought me back. Expand
  91. Sep 19, 2013
    I was subbed to WoW for possibly 3 years straight, once Cataclysm came along I re-subbed and play for about a month.

After Diablo 3 and Cataclysm I started to sour on my Blizzard love. I had been an avid fan of the company since I was in 4th grade with Warcraft I. Pandaria seemed like a joke to me, it seemed a casual ploy. And maybe it is to a degree. I remember the first days of the

I remember the first days of the original WoW.... how long everything took. It really felt like getting to level 60 was going to be a huge achievement. But, thank goodness they did away with that level of grind so that you would be able to level a couple of classes a little quicker and get to your raid.

On a whim I recently decided to get Mists for $20. Watched the GameTrailers review and I trust that guy.

I am delighted with this expansion; I feel somewhat bad that I never gave this expansion a chance from the very beginning. I cannot devout a lot of time to any video game and I wish WoW would have gone F2P as well, but while I play this expansion I realize why it has not. There is a reason I am not still playing GW2, or Neverwinter, or any of the countless other pieces of MMOs. WoW still has creativity, it still has a vibrant soul that I cannot deny. I am glad I was able to unfurl it's claw from my mind for a while, but nonetheless roaming through it's world is a wonder.

MoP may not be nearly as ambitious as other WoW expansions and this, I find, to be it's strongest suite. The design is tight, questing is streamlined, the environments open. I loved stumbling upon a small village with 3 tight quests then journeying on-wards through majestic environments that recall the original WoW to some degree.

The sound design is solid, the new zones are solid and more down-to-Earth in a WoW sense, pop-culture references abound (the whole thing somewhat based on Rashomon), whimsical, goofy and actually slightly matured and extremely polished.

The game may not be innovative, but this is WoW. Ultima Online was more ambitious and innovative than WoW years before WoW ever set foot. It's no big deal, innovation was never in the cards for WoW even though it tore this whole genre into such a specific and emulated genre no one has been able to touch the magic Blizzard created. Blizzard once again prove with this expansion that they are design geniuses; they realize what they have, what works and what does not and what I see here is something in a perfected and under-appreciated form. The pandas work, the voice acting where it is, is great, the story is actually somewhat decent. But, at it's heart It is truly magical escapism at it's finest, beautiful and subtle. I will gladly pay another two months of sub fees to take in it's glory to a fuller extent.
  92. Oct 28, 2012
    An amazing expansion with lots to do, if you aren't an angsty teen (or just plain immature person) who hates the game because they think it's "too kiddy" you're probably going to like it. Also take note of how many 0's were put up in the first 3 days (let alone the first day alone)....just shows you how many people hated it for the sake of hating without even trying the game.
  93. Oct 27, 2012
    Simply put, I think Mists of Pandaria is probably one of the best expansions WoW has received so far. The content is amazing and vibrant and this is one of the first expansions where I geniunly felt that the journey to the level cap has been as entertaining as the destination. Great quests, with good voice acting and a solidifying narrative that takes you over the game's fairly expansiveSimply put, I think Mists of Pandaria is probably one of the best expansions WoW has received so far. The content is amazing and vibrant and this is one of the first expansions where I geniunly felt that the journey to the level cap has been as entertaining as the destination. Great quests, with good voice acting and a solidifying narrative that takes you over the game's fairly expansive continent. And once you hit 90, there is a wealth of honestly fun activities to now pursue. Farming, pet battles, a greatly improved archeology, scenarios and challenge dungeons just for starters. With a ton of great looking additions coming up in patch 5.1. Is it for everyone? Probably not. Does the formula wear a little thin at times? Sure it does. But as a fan who has been playing since 2004, I honestly feel like this is the best World of Warcraft has ever been and I'm impressed with how much heart and innovation Blizzard can still put into a game that by a lot of people's account should of packed it in years ago. Expand
  94. Nov 4, 2012
    Ignore the "reviews" that are really about one individuals soap box critique of WoW in general or are anger fueled diatribes against various personal pet peeves. If you enjoy WoW because it is a fun, light, game that gives you a ton of amusing and enjoyable content to play through and experience, you will like MoP. I was initially very skeptical of the concept, and hated the ida of KungIgnore the "reviews" that are really about one individuals soap box critique of WoW in general or are anger fueled diatribes against various personal pet peeves. If you enjoy WoW because it is a fun, light, game that gives you a ton of amusing and enjoyable content to play through and experience, you will like MoP. I was initially very skeptical of the concept, and hated the ida of Kung Fu Panda meets Azeroth, but Blizard pulled it off. The lore is execellent and the continent is extremely well realized. From a technical standpoint I personally hit no glitches during the solo run to 90 and basic dungeon crawling. I have not had an opportunity to raid yet, but all of the features seem well implemented to me. Where I felt that Cataclysm started off with a great concept and fell very flat in delivery, MoP starts off with a questionable concept and pleasantly surprises you. Risky for Blizard but I think this approach will pay dividends in the end.

One change probably causing the ridiculous flood of exaggerated negative "reviews" is the new talent system. Personally I think the new talent system is a positive since I don't need an MMO to be a full time job and don't have my ego wrapped up in what an "elite gamer" I am (that in itself is a funny concept! using video game expertise to validate your ego is just intensely ironic). It is a flattened and simplified system compared to the legacy approach and much of the fat has been trimmed. Stat jockey's and min/maxers alost certainly have their panties in a knot over this (again, note the butt hurt reviews), but if you can be obective, there is a lot to like in this new system. Especially when you consider that the complexity of the old system really just resulted in a handful of people spending 10,000 hours testing with spreadsheets and the rest of the world simply yelling "WHATS THE BEST BUILD FOR XYZ????" until they find the "cool build" to copy. No loss if you ask me.

In conclusion if you still enjoy WoW for the exploration, the humor, the lovely art direction and the innovative approach to progression (both group and solo), you will almost certainly find a lot to like here (not to mention a whole new class to try). If you already spend most of your time posting anti-WoW rants, then you already know you hate the game before it is ever released so please stop reviewing it and seek professional help.
  95. Mar 28, 2013
    The newest expansion pack for world of Warcraft, Mists of Pandaria allows the exploration of a new land Pandaria, which is inhabited by a new playable race, the Pandaren which can be used for the Horde or Alliance, also bringing in a new class the Monk which can be used by the original races as well as the new Pandaren. Setting aside the new storyline involved with this expansion pack andThe newest expansion pack for world of Warcraft, Mists of Pandaria allows the exploration of a new land Pandaria, which is inhabited by a new playable race, the Pandaren which can be used for the Horde or Alliance, also bringing in a new class the Monk which can be used by the original races as well as the new Pandaren. Setting aside the new storyline involved with this expansion pack and the level cap being risen to 90 the game is essentially the same old world of Warcraft that we know and love with the exceptions of being able work at your professions getting them to even higher levels with new materials to find and harvest and even more armour and weapons to make, new mounts dungeons raids and PVP battlegrounds which in my eyes just gives the game more opportunities to have hours of fun and gear your characters up in even more impressive armour. Anyone who loves world of Warcraft will love this new instalment and should buy it immediately. Expand
  96. Jan 8, 2013
    Best expansion so far. Leveling was really easy and there were more than enough quests to get you to 90. For the first time, I felt like Blizzard did a great job with their story and they did a much better job in delivering the story, using new ways to share story content with the player. Phasing is also masterfully done and more than ever, I feel like my actions have an effect on the world.
  97. Nov 13, 2012
    At first I was reluctant, but then I started leveling my main... and realized how different this expansion was. Most of the tedious useless grinding is gone. Even what is still left, has some variety to it so it isn't day after day of the same old dungeon or quest. Rather, it's more in sync with learning different game mechanics, which there is a bunch of them. Talents are no longer aAt first I was reluctant, but then I started leveling my main... and realized how different this expansion was. Most of the tedious useless grinding is gone. Even what is still left, has some variety to it so it isn't day after day of the same old dungeon or quest. Rather, it's more in sync with learning different game mechanics, which there is a bunch of them. Talents are no longer a template you copy from some mathematically calculated simulation (aka: website), you can actually change them on the fly, and it makes sense to do so. Most -if not all- of the consumables needed by your class are gone; no more addons to auto-refill your bags with arrows or portal runes. Actual abilities and gameplay have been tweaked so you don't have a single winning rotation, but rather a rotation with a set of choices at each point in time, which requires more situational awareness than before. Interserver is a great addition, so places that looked deserted not so long ago, now get filled with people from other servers leveling up, gathering, or just doing whatever they do. The pet minigame is part of that "filling the deserted world" trend, as you need to go to low-level areas to level up your pets. Not that you need to, but it surely is a fun way to bump into someone from the opposing faction and get some impromptu pvp action. The addition of world bosses, scenarios, and the fact you can queue for dungeons, scenarios and raids all at once, is also welcome; no 40+ min waiting times for dps anymore. While faction based dailies get spiced up with the harvesting mini-game, cloud serpent racing, and such. Overall it's an expansion that addresses many long standing problems, while adding new content and challenges to last for quite a while. Expand
  98. Nov 3, 2012
    I'd been playing WoW for four years before Mists of Pandaria was released and to be honest I was getting pretty bored of the same old thing with some huge dragon to kill at the end of it all. When I read about MoP I was really excited; I love oriental culture and aesthetics and was looking forward to a WoW expansion being about having fun instead of being all dark and broody (again).I'd been playing WoW for four years before Mists of Pandaria was released and to be honest I was getting pretty bored of the same old thing with some huge dragon to kill at the end of it all. When I read about MoP I was really excited; I love oriental culture and aesthetics and was looking forward to a WoW expansion being about having fun instead of being all dark and broody (again).

Having been through a couple of launch nights I settled down fully expecting what happened next. Too many people were logged on and everything got so slow - there was evidently a queueing system for the new quests which meant that you clicked on whatever and then nothing happened - for ages. If you were patient (something most wow players can't get the hang of) the quests would complete and you could move into Pandaria and start enjoying the continent. Luckily for those of us capable of relaxing for a while plenty of people rage quit so the queues got shorter quite quickly and the quests became less slow and buggy. Many people have flamed the launch night but I was logged in and able to play all night unlike any other expansion launch night. The quest queues made people think the whole thing was bugged when actually it was preventing us from crashing the servers and getting booted out. On the whole I was massively impressed.

I really enjoy playing WoW again since MoP launched; the scenery is glorious (I love the less than perfect, iconic graphics styling), the quests have that element of fun that has been missing for so long and the game actually feels like something I can do to enjoy myself, which is the point after all. I particularly like the fact that the focus has put on people actually completing content and not being handed everything on a silver platter. You want to spend your hard earned Valor points? Well then you've got to grind rep. You want to get the best craftables? Then you have to farm the materials. There are loads of dailies you can do and they have removed the hideous rep tabards meaning you actually have to play the game instead of just doing dungeons and raids! Any one who says that MoP requires little time or effort clearly hasn't played the game yet. There is now so much you can choose to do from grinding dailies for rep and gold to scenarios or instances, raiding to discovering all of the hidden items in Pandaria that boredom really shouldn't be a problem.

If you used to play WoW now is a great time to come back and if you have never played before take a few minutes to learn about the type of realm you want to play on and then come join in with the fun!
  99. Sep 22, 2013
    World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria is not only an expansion but its also a game which contains all World of Warcraft Expansions. Users are not judging the game as they must. Lets begin from graphics: Medium playing graphics===> based on Ultra graphics/or WoW Max graphics. The Content This game is known for its content and has big amount of content. The content of this game cannot beWorld of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria is not only an expansion but its also a game which contains all World of Warcraft Expansions. Users are not judging the game as they must. Lets begin from graphics: Medium playing graphics===> based on Ultra graphics/or WoW Max graphics. The Content This game is known for its content and has big amount of content. The content of this game cannot be challenged by any game on the world. So for the Content i would give WoW 100/100 points for this About the Design: This game got a lot of characters 2 Worlds designed by Blizzard Entertainment. The staff did a good job giving the players 2 planets with a lot of area designed a lot of characters hairstyles etc. This game is one of the best games on the World if you judge it right. This game requires a lot of word especially at lv 90 on PvP or Pve It needs more time to get PvP and Pve Gear on both primary and secondary talents. Lets judge the lore behind the game: I have always been a fan of WoW lore because it got so many characters and leaders with their long stories. The Lore of WoW is one of the biggest stories in the world. I always think that the lore is one of the important parts of the game. Going back to desing There are a lot of wearing that characters use on WoW which are also designed by blizzard entertainment. WoW its one of the best games in the world if you judge it right. WoW doesnt have high level graphic but that doesnt mean that playing it will not be fun.

As for the poor gamers here who rate it 0 or 10 learn to judge a game and stop writing foolishes about it. You are not rating the game you are writting just things that you experience.
  100. Jul 28, 2013
    Resubscribed about a month ago after having played during Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King. I myself scoffed initially at the concept and made the same generic "Kung Fu Panda" jokes everyone else did. But that was until I looked further and actually started playing the game.

While the atmosphere of Mists of Pandaria is not nearly as epic as the air of uncertainty that came with advancing upon the Lich King- an impressive antagonist steeped in WoW's Lore- it is obvious that Blizzard was attempting to break the formula. The style of MoP is radically different than that of any expansion in regards to its artistic style. Whereas the landscapes added in Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm, though beautiful and far more detailed, did not strike me as being terribly different from content in the base game, Mists of Pandaria immediately stood out. You are told that you are being thrust into a strange new land, and damn it, Blizzard delivers it.

For the Lore-aholics that resent the direction WoW's story has taken, be at ease. The Pandaren (Though I take no issue with them) are not the central characters of Mists of Pandaria. The story revolves primarily around the Alliance and Horde- lead by King Varian Wrynn and Warchief Garrosh Hellscream- taking of advantage of Pandaria and its denizens in a final attempt to end one another. While the Pandaren play an important part, you will find that characters introduced in the past of World of Warcraft seize more prominent roles.

Like them or not, it is overkill to say that the Pandaren ruin the game. Especially considering that there are already bear-people like the Furbolg. The only reason it seems far-fetched is because of Kung Fu Panda.
  101. Oct 2, 2012
    I have to say, its pretty good. I thought I was done with WoW, as I was burnt out and also pretty upset with Blizzard. This almost makes up for how bad Diablo 3 turned out. Cata lost me, as I felt like it shouldn't have even been an expansion but rather a free "refresh." I rolled my eyes like millions of others when they announced Pandaria, but you know what? I rolled my eyes when Kung FuI have to say, its pretty good. I thought I was done with WoW, as I was burnt out and also pretty upset with Blizzard. This almost makes up for how bad Diablo 3 turned out. Cata lost me, as I felt like it shouldn't have even been an expansion but rather a free "refresh." I rolled my eyes like millions of others when they announced Pandaria, but you know what? I rolled my eyes when Kung Fu panda came out, and I wound up liking the stupid movie. I went ahead and gave MoP a chance, and found myself having more fun with WoW than I had in a long while.

The new talent system is weird, and certainly boring for someone just starting to level, but I get what they were trying to do.

The graphics options are much improved. The new areas are interesting. We get a new race and new class.

I think people need to realize that there's only so much you can do with a game this old. And I don't mean the graphics. After playing the same MMO for 6 years, how can you not be tired of it? How can you not be tired of the genre itself? Maybe its time to move on. I get some players are angry that the game is easier or more casual, and that they feel betrayed, but I for one am happy the game is less of a grind. I just want to have fun. I don't want to sacrifice large chunks of my life to any single game. And to all the hate on the FMV, well, I want this one was the best they've done yet. I've never thought they were amazing or worth watching twice, but this one was technically very impressive and amusing. I've seen people comment that they were offended that this strange new race would be attacked without cause. Well lighten up, it was amusing, and it makes a pretty accurate statement on human (or orc) nature.

So no, its not perfect, or revolutionary, and I ought to vote it higher to compensate for extremists ( a zero? Really? Did you buy one of the display boxes by mistake?) but I think its a solid 8, and a pleasant surprise.

An expansion worthy of the franchise’s legacy that, according to sales and subscriptions data, pulls the series back on the right track, in a spectacular way. On the other hand however, the limitations of the World of Warcraft platform are similarly underlined. There’s no room for fundamental restructuring of the game. [November 2012]
  2. Nov 25, 2012
    The fourth World of Warcraft expansion set is trying to get back all of those souls lost in last months, even years. At the end of the day it manages to get them back, letting them forget Cataclysm that's been dull as ditch water.
  3. Nov 25, 2012
    Another great excuse to delve back into this massive world, though archaic gameplay grates. [Christmas 2012, p.92]