4.6

1. Sep 25, 2012
    Before I purchased MOP, I had a some resentment towards blizzard. I've played the game for years and paid a lot of $ for my three active accounts. My resentment grew as I feel that Blizzard was no longer designing the game for it's loyal customers. I hesitated, and upgraded to mop on release day. That's when the resentment was pushed over to hate. Problems with logging in to loading screens taking 5 mins to load to getting stuck questing. Now I feel blizzard is intentionally making the game a chore to play rather than enjoyable. NO FLYING IN MOP?!?!?! wth. I feel like I'm being punished by Blizzard. I play a shaman, a class that has always been in the mid to bottom of the pack in pve. I'm sorry Blizzard, though MOP looks nice and interesting, the overwhelming feeling that you are punishing me for playing is why I decided to create this account on metacritic and give you this bad review. Expand
  2. Sep 25, 2012
    The game is about as innovative as the abacus and as complex as a brick. There were many flaws in beta, but they went through with the launch anyway. I suppose they had to since Blizzard left the game untouched for a year. Not supporting your current product to release a watered down "expansion" speaks volumes of Blizzard's rabid cash grab. We can certainly expect more of the same in the future.
  3. Sep 25, 2012
    Simply too terrible for words. I have lost all faith in Blizzard. This would be a good kid's game or starter mmo, but the player base is much too abrasive and abominable.
  4. Sep 25, 2012
    WoW was fun... I mean, some years ago, burning crusade...

MoP is very very very bad...this game is out...

Now we have TSW, GW2, SWTOR even Diablo 3 or Torchlight 2.

WoW = GAME OVER

Bye bye Kunfu panda...
  5. Sep 25, 2012
    So, how can we reduce even more content for our players? Oh I know! How about we take away good story elements (or any story for that matter), refuse to innovate more on the game play and reduce areas of content just a bit so that we are giving less and less (I will get into that in a bit) people might say I haven't played it enough since it was mainly just beta that I was most likely to have played, but,, for now, i'm talking about content, and there really isn't a lot in this game. From what I understand, there is no new world BG, Tol'Barard was horrible because it had nothing different or new about it, it was basically AB but dumbed down to a game with literally a few strategies that people couldn't understand (at least on my server) just mass attack one place while defending the other in a repeating cycle. Also, this game seems to have no story, so you would thing that they would add more or better BGs right? Well only 2, and they aren't anything too new in terms of other games that have come out, mine cart garding, really? Whats next blizzard? Oooh ooh, kill confirmed? How about a Co Op mode where you fight zombies or robots? I know i'm kind of being a d*ck at this point, but really, there is nothing new and to make matters worse, you are getting less from the expansion, this wouldn't be so bad if it had an epic PVE story mode, but I have yet to find something intriguing. I think the biggest flaw since cata was creative designing,,,, where the hell is it? Everything since Cata feels like anything good stripped down to something extremely basic yet so bad that improving it wouldn't really make the core game play (Like TB) any better, it would just be masking it. I'm also rating it on the fact that I can't even install the freaking optimization patch, i get internet errors from blizzard telling me to check my connection, I have, and guess what, I'm fine, my friend is having the same problem, we both got good rigs and good internet, today the download bar moved to 0.5 before giving me this error, that only took a week... Look,,, iv'e been playing WoW since Burning Crusade, I was one of the first people on my server when it was starting, I have enjoyed WotLK because it had brought in cool new mechanics, but when Cata came, the quests were good in my opinion but the raiding and the dungeons were terrible, they started recycling more dungeons from the past to improvise extra stuff, we have been on a decline on brand new dungeons/raids/arena maps/Bgs since cata, we are paying 15 bucks a month and 40 dollars for each expansion that brings less and less, this needs to stop blizzard, stop being so high and mighty, and listen to your players.... Have a good one... Expand
  6. Sep 25, 2012
    Mists of Pandaria - approved for ages Age 4+
    Save your money! It's almost like the business model for this expansion and WOW is the same as the big tobacco companies. The whole point of this expansion is to bring in really young players to try and replace the older player base. There is nothing new with the game. The first quest I did I flew in a copter and had to kill 60 mobs....but
    there was only one option. Press the number one every 4 seconds while the thing drove itself. No other choices to make but repeatedly pressing the number 1 for 10 minutes. It was clearly designed for a little kid. This is really sad too. Having been a Warcraft player since Orcs and Humans in the 90's I got this out of almost pure habit. I should have saved my money. Not worth $15 a month. This game barely could hold its own in the Free to Play category. It was a good run. RIP WOW :( Expand
  7. Sep 25, 2012
    Same old game, just more gimmicks and trying to appeal to an entirely different demographic.

Rush to level cap, get on the gear treadmill. Nothing new, save what looks to be a Facebook rip-off and Pokemon.
  8. Sep 25, 2012
    Well, Blizzard Entertainment has really done it this time.

Just when you thought World of Warcraft couldn't get any more tedious, Mists of Pandaria is released. Bugged zones, poorly designed quests and content, & a heavily flawed Cross-realm zoning feature. The play style is also the same as past expansions: Log in, rush to maximum level & begin the tired old gear treadmill once again.

Even the reviews on various forums, including the Battle.net forums, are full of harsh criticism for certain features that the development team forced on their customers. And in typical the fashion of Blizzard Entertaiment, all of the negative criticism is being ignored by the company. All in all, I give this expansion & the development team at Blizzard Entertainment a 2/10 for their effort.
  9. Sep 25, 2012
    Just overall a very poorly designed, poorly thought out expansion. Right off the bat you can tell that this expansion was designed with one goal in mind: Damage control. It is in it's entirety seems to have been produced only to attempt to recuperate subscribers. Tons of childish memes, Farmville, and a poor Pokemon rip-off don't help their case for a very serious title. Also the fact that this game has yet to UPDATE IT'S GRAPHICS, is really awful. If you're playing a race from The Burning Crusade and below, your character literally looks like it has been ported off of Nintendo 64. Quite frankly, the disparity between expansion graphics is astoundingly large, with each subsequent race appearing better than the next. I would also like to point out that most of, if not all the animations are shared, and rip-offs of animations that had already been in the game prior. One of the worst features of all has got to be the sheer simplification of the game. The removal of most of what made 'WoW', 'WoW' has had a profound effect on the game. Everything is literally handed to you on a silver platter. Gear, gold, you name it. It's yours. All you have to do is wait. Minimal effort, maximum reward. Talents are literally must picks. As there may be smaller amounts to choose from, the obvious dps increase, or heal increase, or mitigation talents are stupid obvious in terms of picking, leading to little or no care for learning how your class actually functions. On top of all that, recent features have given way to a near unplayable game. CRZ, or 'Cross Realm Zones' has allowed servers to group based on population deficiencies. However, it sounds great in theory, but what was supposed to make the world feel more alive, has actually contributed to it's downfall. Zones literally overlap, and if you're an unfortunate soul on a PvE or RP server, you're currently grouped with PvP servers. Do the math, you're pretty much fair game. If you're on a PvP server initially, have fun questing. As random ganking was the norm back in WoW's hay-day, World PvP has devolved into a 24/7 gank fest reminiscent of a private server. This unfortunate circumstance has lead to a near unplayable situation for those under level cap on PvP servers. In closing, I recommend those who view these reviews DO NOT purchase Mists of Pandaria, or even WoW as a whole if you can help it. The game has sadly devolved into too much of a mess. So much so that it's almost as if Blizzard could care less about their own game, so much as you just keep paying and don't mind the awfulness around you. Expand
  10. Sep 25, 2012
    The panda starting zone is mind numbingly boring. Not to mention how cheesey the pandas look. Whenever I see a panda running around I feel embarrassed to even be playing the game. Sub has been cancelled, game has been ruined. Sorry Blizzard but you just arent the same anymore :(
  11. Sep 25, 2012
    Blizzard makes you pay for the expansion, makes you pay for the month you want to play, makes you pay for character transfer, server transfer and everything they can... after that they release an expansion that is lackluster in every way and with horrible technical limitations, to top it off they make 6 dungeons and 2 rehash that are a complete AoE fest to make you stupid.
  12. Sep 25, 2012
    Most of the people leaving positive reviews here have only played this expansion for less than a day. Having played the Mists of Pandaria beta extensively, I can tell you that it is by far the worst World of Warcraft expansion yet. I would not recommend it for anyone.
  13. Sep 25, 2012
    Horrible game, CRZ, New "Talent" System, fixed mana. The arrogance of this company is astounding, I am glad I have finally woken up to it. This was once a good game. Not anymore, blizzard has saw to that.
  14. Sep 25, 2012
    wow this game is just sad. i know i know its only day one, but things will not get better and it will be back to same old grind. Game is out for what 24 hours and theirs a ton of max level characters now. Sorry blizzard not your best expansion by far. also that cross realm bs has to go.
  15. Sep 25, 2012
    Absolutely horrible. Can't believe I was duped into buying this turd. WoW is dead, the Pandas killed it. Maybe the under 12 crowd could enjoy this game now, but no adult could possibly take this game seriously any more. So sad.
  16. Sep 25, 2012
    Blizzard has insulted their player base with this lackluster expansion. If you thought Cata was bad, wait until you see Pandaria! This game might be ok for very small children due to it's extreme simplicity, ease of play, and cartoony graphics....... if it wasn't for the vile community. They somehow managed to dumb down the talent trees even further, taking all thought out of character development. Graphics and gear are a joke. Gameplay is still slow and sluggish, and feels outdated. Out of everything bad about this expansion, the Pandas have to be the worst part. They look ridiculous. Even in a game full of ridiculous creatures, the Pandas stand out as being overwhelmingly childish and lame. There are so many better mmos out there, and a lot of them are free. There is no reason to pay $15 a month for this horrible game anymore.

Please do not support or waste your money on this trash.
  17. Sep 25, 2012
    This expansion adds no innovative features to the game at all and only further shows that WoW is a shell of its former self. They have slowly begun releasing less and less regular updates to their games while keeping the $180 a year fee. All of the "new" features to this game are just different forms of scaling or, in the case of companion battles, just complete copies of other games/genre ideas. If there was ever a time to refrain from buying a WoW expansion it would be now. Expand
  18. Sep 25, 2012
    There isn't anything new here in WoW. Same ol' repetitive scheme of grinding through pointless new lands that nobody will go back to in later content. Weird to have a Panda Bear playing in World of Warcraft as well .... I guess some back room editor went to work and cut/edit the original lore of this game but ORCS vs. Humans is long gone for those mac players :). THis game is to bring in younger players with the cute little pandas in the video game b/c majority of the original WoW subscribers are all grown up and are no longer teens devoting sheer amounts of time enjoying end game contentt on this MMO. Oh and did I mention you ahve to do repetitive things (grinding dungeons, pvp battle grounds, daily quests) to enjoy end game Raids. Same ol' stuff here just a few new lands that will be dead in about 6 months. Expand
  19. Sep 25, 2012
    Blizzard dropped the ball even before Cata, they made players wait 9 additional months for content, including making the PvP season that lasted 9 months total rather than the normal 3 months. They basically just said FU to their player base and told us to wait. Whats funny is this company used to be awesome, now its trash. This is what happens when you sell out to **** Bobby, he is a business man, and not a gamer. Everquest 3 is the only MMO that I am looking forward to, lets hope they releases some info on it soon. Death to WoW. Collapse
  20. Sep 25, 2012
    The death of a giant. Same old same old. No new artwork, bad design, changing things that do not need changing. Voiceovers are bad. Once was a great MMO, now just a stale piece of junk. Blizzard needs to hire people who care about games, not those who just want to make money by insulting the customer.
  21. Sep 25, 2012
    Blizzard knows high population servers need more attention.... Yet they still dont fix the laggy-ness on their end... What a fail...There is so much money being pumped into that company, and they can't even keep the server's in tip top shape... When you are a leader in the industry, you want people to look up to you.. Not look AT you, and criticize you...
  22. Sep 25, 2012
    Going from cata to this was a bad idea from the start, I was worried this would attract a younger audience, and I can already tell it HAS, my realm has so many panda races now, and all the new people don't know how to play and type like 12 year old's. WORST EXPANSION.
  23. Sep 25, 2012
    To start off the expansion, you're greeted with some of the most poorly done cut scenes ever done in a modern game. Terrible voice acting? When there is voice acting it's pretty bad, but even that's better than no voice acting at all - this is how most of the cut scenes are. Silent w/ text at the bottom.

Once you get past all of that, you'll find yourself on the isle of Pandaria -
    which in an of itself is not a bad looking place. However it becomes clear that this isn't much of an expansion, but rather a little bit more of the same old same old you've come accustomed to over the last couple of years. All in all, this is one to skip. Expand
  24. Sep 25, 2012
    After their Cataclysm expansion, where the main focus landed onto the casual players, i get the feeling after playing about 5 hours that also this expansion will all be about playing as little as you can, but get as much profit and loot as possible. Due to the fact that the previous expansions held on to the core mechanic of the original world of Warcraft, the more you play the better the game becomes. Because of this change i get the feeling, why should i keep paying for something that is not rewarding? It sure is fun don't get me wrong, if you want the hours to keep flowing away. Expand
  25. Sep 25, 2012
    I think by now we can all agree that they should erase this game and Cata from WoW History. Metsin needs a reality check. Sure pandas isn't the worst idea, but it's not what this game needed to be saved. I miss the slight complexity of the first three expansions. It's all downhill from here.
  26. Sep 25, 2012
    Can't believe I bought this game. The whole idea of it should have turned me off from the get go, but loyalty to the series made me want to try it. The game has become a simplistic MMO that requires very little time and effort to play, which is not what I'm looking for. A dumbing down of a genre is what were seeing here.
  27. Sep 25, 2012
    Poor design, poorly planned out, causal-ized skills, bad launch. This xpac will be the downfall of WoW. Crossrealm is interesting, however it's lead to camp-the-spawn world PVP. Piles of bones at spawn and portal points. The expansion quests - mobbed with players trying to do "spawns once every 10 minutes" destroyable objects. Severe bottleneck quests that have long cinematic scenes, and require certain objects to be destroyed. Seriously, you'd think blizzard - with hundreds of millions in revenue, near a decade of running an MMO ... would they know how to design and run one? It's falling apart, it's like they want to destroy it. I didn't think there could be a step down from Cata, but there IS. And Mists of Pandaria - is it. Don't buy it if you haven't bought it. It's bad. Expand
  28. Sep 25, 2012

An expansion worthy of the franchise’s legacy that, according to sales and subscriptions data, pulls the series back on the right track, in a spectacular way. On the other hand however, the limitations of the World of Warcraft platform are similarly underlined. There’s no room for fundamental restructuring of the game. [November 2012]
  2. Nov 25, 2012
    The fourth World of Warcraft expansion set is trying to get back all of those souls lost in last months, even years. At the end of the day it manages to get them back, letting them forget Cataclysm that's been dull as ditch water.
  3. Nov 25, 2012
    Another great excuse to delve back into this massive world, though archaic gameplay grates. [Christmas 2012, p.92]