4.8

1. Dec 27, 2015
    I gave 10 because this one made the best feelings for me. Soundtracks were awesome for me. Big patches brought really a lot of things and this expansion was all about lore. This was an excellent expansion. I would like to know how many people gave this 0 just because of new race "Pandaren" While it had best starting zone... okay best starting zone was for Worgen :).
  2. Dec 16, 2014
    Storyline: The storyline (questing) in WoD is written well. Your character is integral to the core plot moving forward with an importance it has never had before. Combine that with the use of "phasing" technology that makes permanent the changes you made to the open world environment as complicated as blocking a pass with boulders falling from a mountain above or as simple as justStoryline: The storyline (questing) in WoD is written well. Your character is integral to the core plot moving forward with an importance it has never had before. Combine that with the use of "phasing" technology that makes permanent the changes you made to the open world environment as complicated as blocking a pass with boulders falling from a mountain above or as simple as just removing a NPC that died in a quest you just completed and the immersion factor is better than ever before! Now add a liberal use of "cut-scenes" staring the core characters of Warcraft lore at critical and climatic points in the campaign which are so well written and produced that they pull on your emotions as strongly as any good movie scene and you have as excellent product you can create given today's technology, the ability to be played on nearly any machine, and the limitations inherent in creating a RPG content in a MMO environment. Bravo Blizzard! Expand
  3. Oct 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really love this game, specially when they added the Flexible raid patch. I think that if they use this type of flexible raid technology blizzard can revamp old content to adjust according to player (character) character level. for instance, level 80 raid will not accept lower level players however, a level 80 player will not difference in the content. But when like now a level 90 or a 100 when WoD releases, if they enter a level 80 instance, the bosses with the flexible raid technology will adjust their Health difficulty so that players that are higher level would not easily browse through the level 80 content solo. I mean, I like to solo content, but being lonely all the time takes a toll on you, so I recommend this technology to fix the solo content problem that the game currently has. I give it a 10 because blizzard while they have their down side, they also strive in making vast game. While not spoiling the fun, I do currently play in WoD beta, and I love my garrison. It could be better but blizzard will get there eventually. Expand
  4. Sep 29, 2014
    still the best mmo there is and i have tried them all, very nice graphics even its old, and very good music. to bad i dont have time to raid anymore, that was just so fun :)
  5. Jun 3, 2014
    This game has so many features that it is like owning several games in one - player verses player, player verses environment, pet verses pet, players working as teams to accomplish goals.

Great graphics and back stories Parental controls - including language allowed and time played limits. It will even send a parental report. I am an adult who has been playing online with my adult

Great graphics and back stories

Parental controls - including language allowed and time played limits. It will even send a parental report. I am an adult who has been playing online with my adult and teenage children for years. This is an easy way to stay in touch and have fun together as a family.
  6. Jun 3, 2014
    4.x User score?? ...its ok, but how many of ya play WoW MoP? I think you are a fanboys of other game and try to lower WoW score, but look, atm is ... negatives. Yep 540 negatives and 10mln players online, so it's mean nothing. Great game, best MMO. Vivala Blizz.
  7. Feb 21, 2014
    At first I was put off by the entire idea of a Panda expansion for my World of Warcraft game. It felt too kiddish. However, after playing through the new areas of content I was blown away by the rich storytelling. This expansion was an improvement in quest design, class balance, and end-game content than what we saw in Cataclysm. Still ranking slightly behind Vanilla, TBC, and WotLK though.
  8. Dec 18, 2013
    I don't understand why people are so hating this expansion. In my opinion its great. Maybe not that good as Wrath of the Lich King, or The Burning Crusade, but still. There are a lot of new content with every patch. Yea game became easy, but... who cares
  9. Nov 18, 2013
    I've played World of Warcraft since Vanilla. Albeit, I did stop playing TBC the start of Cata, but that doesn't stop me being able to give my impressions on the current expansion, before the new one comes out and changes everything.

Now I know many onlookers to WoW are like: "Wow, look at the pandas. What this, Kung Fu Panda?". I know we're kinda past that now, but it still comes up in a few places, here and there. Out in real life. "Oh, you play WoW? Didn't they add Kung Fu Pandas?". You look at the ground, frowning. Pandaren, as they're referred to in-game, weren't the massive flop many expected them to be. A lot of people rolled a Pandaren, and you see quite a few flying around their respective capital city. The new continent, Pandaria, looking graphically striking compared to past zones, with its giant world bosses and impressive rolling hills and ancient structures. The land itself is beautiful, and a joy to explore.

We'll start off talking about Pandaria then. As I said, Blizzard opted to update the graphics significantly in Pandaria, making the land one pretty place. Pink-blossomed trees blowing in the wind, the light breeze of background music it all creates a very nice atmosphere of an ancient time-lost land that you're exploring. The decision to not let you fly in Pandaria until max level (90), was a great choice. It means that you get to actually experience the environment instead of flying high above, not caring in the slightest what's down below. It also gives way for World PVP to occur the enemy faction attacking you, or you attacking them. Only if you're on a PVP server, of course. And its likely that the enemies you find from the opposite faction are actually your level, making it a fair fight. You do get the occasional maxed out ganker, but those moments are few and far between. The new continent itself is a joy to explore and level in.

But what happens when you 'ding' 90? Yes, you've done it! Max level! The game really opens up. You can now do raids get together a group of 10-25 people and take on some of the hardest bosses. Or do LFR, and get grouped with other similar players to take on a 25-man raid. In terms of raiding, MoP shines. The raids are varied and very interesting, and the bosses are epic in scale. However, I do feel that LFR is too easy in most circumstances if you have a non-braindead group you can easily faceroll through all the bosses no problem. This is LFR though, so that's to be expected. The real challenge comes in Normal or Heroic versions of the raids, pumping up the difficulty substantially. Also, there's one more option Flexible raiding. This allows a group of anywhere in between 10 and 25 people to do a raid and the difficulty scales with the amount of people, as well as the loot. Flex is harder than LFR, and provides just the right amount of challenge for many players. In terms of raiding and endgame, MoP gets a big fat golden tick.

But what of the new class, the monk? I've played the monk for a bit, to around level 25, and it seems very fun. Talking to a 90 monk, they seem to really like this class, for all it's worth. Monks can choose all 3 positions Tank, DPS, or Healer with their 3 specs. At lower levels, monks do seem to be very OP, especially in BGs and Dungeons, but this levels out in the higher levels. Overall, the monk class is a worthy addition to the current classes, and you have to admit punching people in the face is bloody cool.

There's so much more I could say about this expansion, but... wait a second. There's one thing I've got to talk about. Pet Battles. Just seriously, hear me out. Pet battles are like Pokémon, but in WoW. When you're not raiding, or doing anything else, you can summon out your pets and battle other players in a Poké-like experience. You can even catch Rare and Epic rated pets. Seriously, it's really addictive and a lot of fun a worthy addition to this expansion.

As this review and expansion draws to a close, it's a perfect time to say that I've really enjoyed this expansion. The new Warlords of Draenor expansion is just around the corner, and that looks to be some of the best WoW times yet. I look forward to the future of this game and have truly enjoyed my time in this expansion.

8/10. If haven't before, pick up WoW and give it a go. I'm not kidding.
  10. Nov 14, 2013
    Lol there is no reason that this game on user score schould be this low this is my love my happyness this is world of warcraft and all they do with each expansion is just enhance the game to make me even happier yes it has some balancing issues blizzard always do but you cannot deny the greatness and the new additions timless isle and more just keep enhancing the experiance i am a pvpLol there is no reason that this game on user score schould be this low this is my love my happyness this is world of warcraft and all they do with each expansion is just enhance the game to make me even happier yes it has some balancing issues blizzard always do but you cannot deny the greatness and the new additions timless isle and more just keep enhancing the experiance i am a pvp player and oldschool raider and nothing is changing in me as a player each time i play it i just want to play more i have 4 lvl 90's and i think that shows the time and dedication i put into this game the only game i play right now.
    They have enhanced on the graphics remade some of the raids recreated the character models Pandas look great the new monk class is brilliant the new raids battlegrounds are great the new secrets monuts and rewards are awsome.
    Blizzard please keep doing what your doing as this game has made me and my friends happy for years and every year you just make it better Please capture this again and again and again your so good at making great games for me this was one of the easiest 10 out of 10's my fav game ever and my fav expansion!
  11. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: Gear has been updated, new mounts look good, more lighting, the game constantly upgrades even though this expansion hasn’t seen the most. WoW still has amazing graphics for its artistic style. New environments look good as well. 10.
    Sound: Amazing new themes that put a new kung-fu sound to WoW. 10.
    Gameplay: The game does a good job of mixing up its quests so that they
    Sound: Amazing new themes that put a new kung-fu sound to WoW. 10.
    Gameplay: The game does a good job of mixing up its quests so that they don’t feel like a chore. Not many new gameplay elements were added in this title, and raiding seems more casual than before, as well as the heroics when you first hit 90. The game remains similar to previous expansions with this one having more of a focus on gaining rep just to buy gear. New battlegrounds are a nice mix taking a page from Rift’s library, and a cart mode that I like to compare with Team Fortress, although the carts always move and it’s more like a king of the hill/carts. New hero class added, look out for panda monks! 10.
    Story: The focus of this expansion dives real deep in this expansion, too much to explain, I wasn’t to particularly interested, but lore fans won’t be disappointed. 10.
    Lasting Appeal: Worth the hours you get! 10.
    Overall Score: 10 out of 10.
  12. Nov 6, 2013
    graphics 6/10 visually it was stunning but this is 2013, you should be updating the way the game looks and plays at least a little bit 10 years after launch

story 10/10 I thought I wouldn't enjoy pandas, but the story line was actually enjoyable. pvp 9/10 I played arena and battlegrounds quite a bit and I have to say I enjoyed all of the new maps and game modes. Warriors were a

pvp 9/10 I played arena and battlegrounds quite a bit and I have to say I enjoyed all of the new maps and game modes. Warriors were a bit overpowered at first, but I assume they were making up for the season before that in which warriors were the "lame ducks" of pvp.

raiding 5/10 I do not like the "find a group" raiding system. It takes all the fun out of raiding.
  13. Oct 25, 2013
    While nothing will ever bring us back to the first two expansions that made WoW, this is not bad. The talent tree changes are but the story line is better integrated than Cataclysm (though not as well done as BC or Wrath). Hopefully, Blizzard learns from the user reviews of this game to produce a better expansion next time around. There is just too much of the endgame grinding for gearWhile nothing will ever bring us back to the first two expansions that made WoW, this is not bad. The talent tree changes are but the story line is better integrated than Cataclysm (though not as well done as BC or Wrath). Hopefully, Blizzard learns from the user reviews of this game to produce a better expansion next time around. There is just too much of the endgame grinding for gear handouts and not enough challenging exclusive content. Expand
  14. Sep 26, 2013
    MoP is pretty much the most packed WoW expansion to date with something for everyone, and a statement that WoW is still the MMO king.

Sad to see the low user score it's gotten due to trolls and just general idiots who doesn't have the mental strengh to see past the fact that the game is good despite the inclusion of pandas.
  15. Sep 22, 2013
    Don't listen to all the whiny anti-WoW fanboys, enough is enough. If you hate WoW, don't go around telling people lies about how it's a grind fest and not fun, because both are 100% false.

WoW is by far the most polished and enjoyable MMO I've ever played, for 8 long years now, and while I've tried every other WoW "killer" out there, none come close, none have "killed" WoW, in fact it's still the #1 MMO in the world by far, 8 years in a row. Why? Because it's the best damn MMO ever made and the rest of the industry doesn't have a clue. WoW has a bit of everything for everyone, and even more surprising, an incredibly rich story that drives its ever growing world. Two things more that WoW does right that others fail: PvP and end-game raiding.

There is nothing quite as balanced or challenging as WoW when it comes to PvP and end-game, and the WoW haters know it, so they QQ 24/7 on places like this instead of playing their precious WoW "killer" game. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a raid to go to. FOR THE ALLIANCE!
  16. Sep 22, 2013
    World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria is not only an expansion but its also a game which contains all World of Warcraft Expansions. Users are not judging the game as they must. Lets begin from graphics: Medium playing graphics===> based on Ultra graphics/or WoW Max graphics. The Content This game is known for its content and has big amount of content. The content of this game cannot beWorld of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria is not only an expansion but its also a game which contains all World of Warcraft Expansions. Users are not judging the game as they must. Lets begin from graphics: Medium playing graphics===> based on Ultra graphics/or WoW Max graphics. The Content This game is known for its content and has big amount of content. The content of this game cannot be challenged by any game on the world. So for the Content i would give WoW 100/100 points for this About the Design: This game got a lot of characters 2 Worlds designed by Blizzard Entertainment. The staff did a good job giving the players 2 planets with a lot of area designed a lot of characters hairstyles etc. This game is one of the best games on the World if you judge it right. This game requires a lot of word especially at lv 90 on PvP or Pve It needs more time to get PvP and Pve Gear on both primary and secondary talents. Lets judge the lore behind the game: I have always been a fan of WoW lore because it got so many characters and leaders with their long stories. The Lore of WoW is one of the biggest stories in the world. I always think that the lore is one of the important parts of the game. Going back to desing There are a lot of wearing that characters use on WoW which are also designed by blizzard entertainment. WoW its one of the best games in the world if you judge it right. WoW doesnt have high level graphic but that doesnt mean that playing it will not be fun.

As for the poor gamers here who rate it 0 or 10 learn to judge a game and stop writing foolishes about it. You are not rating the game you are writting just things that you experience.
  17. Sep 19, 2013
    I was subbed to WoW for possibly 3 years straight, once Cataclysm came along I re-subbed and play for about a month.

After Diablo 3 and Cataclysm I started to sour on my Blizzard love. I had been an avid fan of the company since I was in 4th grade with Warcraft I. Pandaria seemed like a joke to me, it seemed a casual ploy. And maybe it is to a degree. I remember the first days of the

I remember the first days of the original WoW.... how long everything took. It really felt like getting to level 60 was going to be a huge achievement. But, thank goodness they did away with that level of grind so that you would be able to level a couple of classes a little quicker and get to your raid.

On a whim I recently decided to get Mists for $20. Watched the GameTrailers review and I trust that guy.

I am delighted with this expansion; I feel somewhat bad that I never gave this expansion a chance from the very beginning. I cannot devout a lot of time to any video game and I wish WoW would have gone F2P as well, but while I play this expansion I realize why it has not. There is a reason I am not still playing GW2, or Neverwinter, or any of the countless other pieces of MMOs. WoW still has creativity, it still has a vibrant soul that I cannot deny. I am glad I was able to unfurl it's claw from my mind for a while, but nonetheless roaming through it's world is a wonder.

MoP may not be nearly as ambitious as other WoW expansions and this, I find, to be it's strongest suite. The design is tight, questing is streamlined, the environments open. I loved stumbling upon a small village with 3 tight quests then journeying on-wards through majestic environments that recall the original WoW to some degree.

The sound design is solid, the new zones are solid and more down-to-Earth in a WoW sense, pop-culture references abound (the whole thing somewhat based on Rashomon), whimsical, goofy and actually slightly matured and extremely polished.

The game may not be innovative, but this is WoW. Ultima Online was more ambitious and innovative than WoW years before WoW ever set foot. It's no big deal, innovation was never in the cards for WoW even though it tore this whole genre into such a specific and emulated genre no one has been able to touch the magic Blizzard created. Blizzard once again prove with this expansion that they are design geniuses; they realize what they have, what works and what does not and what I see here is something in a perfected and under-appreciated form. The pandas work, the voice acting where it is, is great, the story is actually somewhat decent. But, at it's heart It is truly magical escapism at it's finest, beautiful and subtle. I will gladly pay another two months of sub fees to take in it's glory to a fuller extent.
  18. Aug 13, 2013
    Solid game if your enjoy raiding and story. The only sore spot was the constant barrage of dailies at the launch. But most of those have been addressed and fixed.
  19. Jul 28, 2013
    Resubscribed about a month ago after having played during Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King. I myself scoffed initially at the concept and made the same generic "Kung Fu Panda" jokes everyone else did. But that was until I looked further and actually started playing the game.

While the atmosphere of Mists of Pandaria is not nearly as epic as the air of uncertainty that came with advancing upon the Lich King- an impressive antagonist steeped in WoW's Lore- it is obvious that Blizzard was attempting to break the formula. The style of MoP is radically different than that of any expansion in regards to its artistic style. Whereas the landscapes added in Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm, though beautiful and far more detailed, did not strike me as being terribly different from content in the base game, Mists of Pandaria immediately stood out. You are told that you are being thrust into a strange new land, and damn it, Blizzard delivers it.

For the Lore-aholics that resent the direction WoW's story has taken, be at ease. The Pandaren (Though I take no issue with them) are not the central characters of Mists of Pandaria. The story revolves primarily around the Alliance and Horde- lead by King Varian Wrynn and Warchief Garrosh Hellscream- taking of advantage of Pandaria and its denizens in a final attempt to end one another. While the Pandaren play an important part, you will find that characters introduced in the past of World of Warcraft seize more prominent roles.

Like them or not, it is overkill to say that the Pandaren ruin the game. Especially considering that there are already bear-people like the Furbolg. The only reason it seems far-fetched is because of Kung Fu Panda.
  20. Jul 14, 2013
    I played this game for a long time and i all ways loved it! I all ways thought that this game easily deserved a 100/100. Sadly the new expansion "Mists of Pandaria" did not turn out as well as i thought but all the other ones were good and i can't wait to see what new expansion comes out next! :D
  21. Jul 1, 2013
    We must all admit that world of warcraft has soon existed for 10 years and by that we can also say that this game is a hard rock to beat off the shelves. I personally have good and bad experiences about this game. But one thing is for sure. I feel ashamed when i go to metacritic to see one of my most time consuming games have gotten, i mean, haven't we all played this game? When it comesWe must all admit that world of warcraft has soon existed for 10 years and by that we can also say that this game is a hard rock to beat off the shelves. I personally have good and bad experiences about this game. But one thing is for sure. I feel ashamed when i go to metacritic to see one of my most time consuming games have gotten, i mean, haven't we all played this game? When it comes to the community of those who've moved on or gotten old of the game, it's fine, it's understandable but i do not feel that we are doing a great job as what comes to helping the existing community. I first joined World of warcraft in 2007, so i wasn't there from the beginning, but was far from the end! World of Warcraft is something we all should admire, even if it is good/bad/dying right now. I feel ashamed and disappointed. Not because of Blizzard no. But because of the community that is now turning their bags away from the game and spitting it right in the face. You don't get your voice taken seriously if you are threatening with your fists at the same time. I am not trying to defend blizzard, but i am trying to defend something that we've all loved for a long, long time. I know this was not an actual game review, to make it quick, i still play the game myself. Not as much as i used to and not as enjoyable as it used to be BUT! I do still find new things that blizzard actually DID improve to the game. The questing has gotten way more fun, RBG's, Cross realm, Battletags, LFR, Guild levels, Challenges and more. Despite every single one of you who have grown old by age, some of you STARTED playing this game as a KID and now you are judging onwards those YOU once were. Don't point the fingers at the game. Point them at yourselves and say to yourself: "what did this game do to me?" now i know that there are plenty of terrifying stories about humans who have lost their lives out of addiction, but what the heck?? The game was apparently good enough to take all the life form out of most of us? If that isn't worth the time writing a review about a game that has been life changing for both the good and for the bad we should all remember one thing. Things will never be like the past, but give the new generation room to learn.

I am sorry if this "critic" was a bit too long or if my grammar, english aren't 100% correct. I am not from English nationality.

- a happy customer.
  22. Jun 25, 2013
    World of Warcraft, without a doubt, is the most successful MMORPG of all time. Even it's most ravenous of critics can't help but admit this. One thing they refuse to admit, however, is why it is the most successful.

It is the most successful MMO of all time for a reason. A very good reason. The presentation is top-notch, the level of immersion is second to none, and the user-interface is the best I've ever seen in an RPG, period. What is does, it does so well, and it's addicting and all consuming in all the right ways for all the right reasons.

Mists of Pandaria breathes new life into a true classic. It aptly demonstrates that WoW is far from done. In fact, it comes darn close to boasting more subscribers than all of it's major competitors put together.

Folks, there's a reason for that. And not the reasons the haters think. WoW is excellent.

Many of those who like to hate on WoW are spoiled, self-entitled, whiny little bi**hes. No one listens. No one cares. They are most likely anti-corportate, also. They have a natural inclination to hate on big publishers. They are fools, you see.

Don't listen to the idiots drivel. WoW is as good today as it was in the WotLK era. In fact, it's still just as strong. Most of the subscriptions lost are from Asia; in the West, WoW is as popular as ever.

Don't take my word for it check the queue times on at least half a dozen of WoW's top realms. It's packed tight and there is a reason for that. Needless to say, when you do get in, it is well worth the wait.

World of Warcraft is head and shoulders above the rest. It stands alone as the greatest massively multiplayer game in video game history. Mists of Pandaria is merely a continuation of that.
  23. May 22, 2013
    Blizz yet again have made something magnificent, MoP is a nice expansion pack on the massive game, World of Warcraft, the new monk class is very fun to play (maxed one out my self) and was a healer, and offered a new take on healing which we have not seen in a good while, they changed the talent system so its alot more easier to understand and not just a bit cluster of little things, butBlizz yet again have made something magnificent, MoP is a nice expansion pack on the massive game, World of Warcraft, the new monk class is very fun to play (maxed one out my self) and was a healer, and offered a new take on healing which we have not seen in a good while, they changed the talent system so its alot more easier to understand and not just a bit cluster of little things, but its nothing new, WoW has always be the same and always will be, been playing WoW since vanilla and i am calling it on this one, its a good expansion but nothing new, for new players, go get it now, you will not be disappointed Expand
  24. Apr 24, 2013
    The monk is fun. The graphics are really better. The talent system is no longer a illusion of choice.

In my opinion Mists of Pandaria it's the second better expansion of world of warcraft.
  25. Apr 1, 2013
    The overall gameplay is pretty awesome, with new features and such, definitely a must-play for MMORPG lovers out there.
    I am playing and will continue to play this game with my friends for a very long time.
  26. Mar 28, 2013
    The newest expansion pack for world of Warcraft, Mists of Pandaria allows the exploration of a new land Pandaria, which is inhabited by a new playable race, the Pandaren which can be used for the Horde or Alliance, also bringing in a new class the Monk which can be used by the original races as well as the new Pandaren. Setting aside the new storyline involved with this expansion pack andThe newest expansion pack for world of Warcraft, Mists of Pandaria allows the exploration of a new land Pandaria, which is inhabited by a new playable race, the Pandaren which can be used for the Horde or Alliance, also bringing in a new class the Monk which can be used by the original races as well as the new Pandaren. Setting aside the new storyline involved with this expansion pack and the level cap being risen to 90 the game is essentially the same old world of Warcraft that we know and love with the exceptions of being able work at your professions getting them to even higher levels with new materials to find and harvest and even more armour and weapons to make, new mounts dungeons raids and PVP battlegrounds which in my eyes just gives the game more opportunities to have hours of fun and gear your characters up in even more impressive armour. Anyone who loves world of Warcraft will love this new instalment and should buy it immediately. Expand
  27. Mar 18, 2013
    I've been playing this game since launch and I've loved it since then. There are a couple problems with this expansion (and others) though. There are some class balance issues, but those are too bad. However, the grind is too much! I hate the daily quest system, you can only get a certain amount of rep each day, I wish it was a matter of time put into the game, not waiting.
  28. Feb 26, 2013
    If you don't do endgame raids (NOT LFR!!!!) or endgame PVP, then your opinion on this game has no meaning. Are you guys judging this game on the old content? Max level heroics have been a joke for a long time and if they weren't frankly no one would do them because the loot isn't rewarding enough. The raids are fun, the pvp is fun, the endgame is fun. This isn't that best mmo in terms ofIf you don't do endgame raids (NOT LFR!!!!) or endgame PVP, then your opinion on this game has no meaning. Are you guys judging this game on the old content? Max level heroics have been a joke for a long time and if they weren't frankly no one would do them because the loot isn't rewarding enough. The raids are fun, the pvp is fun, the endgame is fun. This isn't that best mmo in terms of leveling anymore, but it always has been the one with the best endgame, and for a mmo endgame is where it counts. The facts are this, if you liked raiding or pvp in ANY of the previous WoW expansions than this is an expertly tweaked version. The raids are challenging even on their normal modes and heroic will give you some troubles. Expand
  29. Jan 22, 2013
    Great expansion so far, much more content in contrast to Cataclysm where we had nothing to do. Positive changes, better accessibility for casual players and diverse content. Lots of players are returning to the game. However one big issue is the escalation of bots, especially in battlegrounds, and Blizzard's inability to deal with the problem.
  30. Jan 9, 2013
    Quite simply the best paid MMORPG i have ever played and experienced in my history of gaming, i've been on and off with this game since i was 12 (due to financing) i am now 18 and feel that this expansion has been the best one out of all of them so far, possibly in close competition with WOTLK, it has a huge range of customization which will never fail, and even better a huge expansiveQuite simply the best paid MMORPG i have ever played and experienced in my history of gaming, i've been on and off with this game since i was 12 (due to financing) i am now 18 and feel that this expansion has been the best one out of all of them so far, possibly in close competition with WOTLK, it has a huge range of customization which will never fail, and even better a huge expansive lore universe, the expansion itself has played out very well and has made a pleasant playable new continent pandaria, by pleasant, i mean color scheme wise, unlike TBC where you trudged through the dingy worlds of Zangarmarsh, Hellfire, and SMV, this one provides a much warmer atmosphere and a new race of pandas, performing kung fu, what more could you ask more. Expand
  31. Jan 8, 2013
    Best expansion so far. Leveling was really easy and there were more than enough quests to get you to 90. For the first time, I felt like Blizzard did a great job with their story and they did a much better job in delivering the story, using new ways to share story content with the player. Phasing is also masterfully done and more than ever, I feel like my actions have an effect on the world.
  32. Jan 1, 2013
    Someone has to make up for the haters who downrate the game just for being WoW. MoP overall is a great expansion that corrects the many mistakes made in Cataclysm and is delivering content at a much faster pace this time. Dailies can get annoying but overall they take almost no time at all and most complaints center around people who have no self control. There are faults still yes butSomeone has to make up for the haters who downrate the game just for being WoW. MoP overall is a great expansion that corrects the many mistakes made in Cataclysm and is delivering content at a much faster pace this time. Dailies can get annoying but overall they take almost no time at all and most complaints center around people who have no self control. There are faults still yes but you'll be hard pressed to find a better MMO out there unless you're someone that refuses to play the game just because it's WoW. Expand
  33. Dec 29, 2012
    WoW is 8 Year old, and its the the best MMO Game on the Markt. Warhammer, AoC, Tera, Aion, Rift GW, GW2, LodR, etc.....no one is so good like Warcraft. But i understand the 0 Raiting, its now "cool" to hate Blizzard and his Games. Its cool to hate EA, its cool to say Bioware is dead and now its cool to say every Blizzard Game is horrible.
  34. Dec 19, 2012
    Best expansion to date. A new continent to explore, new stories and adventures to partake in, a new class introducing a unique play-style, and not to mention a plethora of new dungeons, raids and battlesgrounds.
  35. Dec 15, 2012
    When I first heard of "panda expansion" I thought it was some kind of joke. However, after trying it out I must say it isn't too bad. The continent of Pandaria - despite the stupid name - is actually very well done. I also got used to pandas fairly quickly and found out they didn't spoil my experience like I thought they would. Pet battles are fun and make all those companions much moreWhen I first heard of "panda expansion" I thought it was some kind of joke. However, after trying it out I must say it isn't too bad. The continent of Pandaria - despite the stupid name - is actually very well done. I also got used to pandas fairly quickly and found out they didn't spoil my experience like I thought they would. Pet battles are fun and make all those companions much more desirable yet at the end of the day it's just a minigame. Overall, this is a solid expansion - not very innovative but it's very well done and it's very polished. Expand
  36. Nov 18, 2012
    Full of **** whining about a game think they're elites or some **** I came back from a 2 year break and it was such a refreshing feeling. This game doesn't deserve a score below 5 IMO.
  37. Nov 13, 2012
    At first I was reluctant, but then I started leveling my main... and realized how different this expansion was. Most of the tedious useless grinding is gone. Even what is still left, has some variety to it so it isn't day after day of the same old dungeon or quest. Rather, it's more in sync with learning different game mechanics, which there is a bunch of them. Talents are no longer aAt first I was reluctant, but then I started leveling my main... and realized how different this expansion was. Most of the tedious useless grinding is gone. Even what is still left, has some variety to it so it isn't day after day of the same old dungeon or quest. Rather, it's more in sync with learning different game mechanics, which there is a bunch of them. Talents are no longer a template you copy from some mathematically calculated simulation (aka: website), you can actually change them on the fly, and it makes sense to do so. Most -if not all- of the consumables needed by your class are gone; no more addons to auto-refill your bags with arrows or portal runes. Actual abilities and gameplay have been tweaked so you don't have a single winning rotation, but rather a rotation with a set of choices at each point in time, which requires more situational awareness than before. Interserver is a great addition, so places that looked deserted not so long ago, now get filled with people from other servers leveling up, gathering, or just doing whatever they do. The pet minigame is part of that "filling the deserted world" trend, as you need to go to low-level areas to level up your pets. Not that you need to, but it surely is a fun way to bump into someone from the opposing faction and get some impromptu pvp action. The addition of world bosses, scenarios, and the fact you can queue for dungeons, scenarios and raids all at once, is also welcome; no 40+ min waiting times for dps anymore. While faction based dailies get spiced up with the harvesting mini-game, cloud serpent racing, and such. Overall it's an expansion that addresses many long standing problems, while adding new content and challenges to last for quite a while. Expand
  38. Nov 6, 2012
    The scourge of haters from other games is quite evident here, or people lowering the games rating all the way to a zero because they made 1 change they didn't like, such as a bit of lag (which happens on every launch) don't let them turn you off from this game, the game is terrific. This has made the game fun again, in cataclysm i had a total of 10 days playing time at the end fo theThe scourge of haters from other games is quite evident here, or people lowering the games rating all the way to a zero because they made 1 change they didn't like, such as a bit of lag (which happens on every launch) don't let them turn you off from this game, the game is terrific. This has made the game fun again, in cataclysm i had a total of 10 days playing time at the end fo the xpax, so far in pandaria i already have 5 days, it is incredible, you owe it to yourself to try it, whether you are a fan of WoW or not, the game is not childish, all the quests are dark and murderous, just how we like them Expand
  39. Nov 4, 2012
    Ignore the "reviews" that are really about one individuals soap box critique of WoW in general or are anger fueled diatribes against various personal pet peeves. If you enjoy WoW because it is a fun, light, game that gives you a ton of amusing and enjoyable content to play through and experience, you will like MoP. I was initially very skeptical of the concept, and hated the ida of KungIgnore the "reviews" that are really about one individuals soap box critique of WoW in general or are anger fueled diatribes against various personal pet peeves. If you enjoy WoW because it is a fun, light, game that gives you a ton of amusing and enjoyable content to play through and experience, you will like MoP. I was initially very skeptical of the concept, and hated the ida of Kung Fu Panda meets Azeroth, but Blizard pulled it off. The lore is execellent and the continent is extremely well realized. From a technical standpoint I personally hit no glitches during the solo run to 90 and basic dungeon crawling. I have not had an opportunity to raid yet, but all of the features seem well implemented to me. Where I felt that Cataclysm started off with a great concept and fell very flat in delivery, MoP starts off with a questionable concept and pleasantly surprises you. Risky for Blizard but I think this approach will pay dividends in the end.

One change probably causing the ridiculous flood of exaggerated negative "reviews" is the new talent system. Personally I think the new talent system is a positive since I don't need an MMO to be a full time job and don't have my ego wrapped up in what an "elite gamer" I am (that in itself is a funny concept! using video game expertise to validate your ego is just intensely ironic). It is a flattened and simplified system compared to the legacy approach and much of the fat has been trimmed. Stat jockey's and min/maxers alost certainly have their panties in a knot over this (again, note the butt hurt reviews), but if you can be obective, there is a lot to like in this new system. Especially when you consider that the complexity of the old system really just resulted in a handful of people spending 10,000 hours testing with spreadsheets and the rest of the world simply yelling "WHATS THE BEST BUILD FOR XYZ????" until they find the "cool build" to copy. No loss if you ask me.

In conclusion if you still enjoy WoW for the exploration, the humor, the lovely art direction and the innovative approach to progression (both group and solo), you will almost certainly find a lot to like here (not to mention a whole new class to try). If you already spend most of your time posting anti-WoW rants, then you already know you hate the game before it is ever released so please stop reviewing it and seek professional help.
  40. Nov 3, 2012
    I'd been playing WoW for four years before Mists of Pandaria was released and to be honest I was getting pretty bored of the same old thing with some huge dragon to kill at the end of it all. When I read about MoP I was really excited; I love oriental culture and aesthetics and was looking forward to a WoW expansion being about having fun instead of being all dark and broody (again).I'd been playing WoW for four years before Mists of Pandaria was released and to be honest I was getting pretty bored of the same old thing with some huge dragon to kill at the end of it all. When I read about MoP I was really excited; I love oriental culture and aesthetics and was looking forward to a WoW expansion being about having fun instead of being all dark and broody (again).

Having been through a couple of launch nights I settled down fully expecting what happened next. Too many people were logged on and everything got so slow - there was evidently a queueing system for the new quests which meant that you clicked on whatever and then nothing happened - for ages. If you were patient (something most wow players can't get the hang of) the quests would complete and you could move into Pandaria and start enjoying the continent. Luckily for those of us capable of relaxing for a while plenty of people rage quit so the queues got shorter quite quickly and the quests became less slow and buggy. Many people have flamed the launch night but I was logged in and able to play all night unlike any other expansion launch night. The quest queues made people think the whole thing was bugged when actually it was preventing us from crashing the servers and getting booted out. On the whole I was massively impressed.

I really enjoy playing WoW again since MoP launched; the scenery is glorious (I love the less than perfect, iconic graphics styling), the quests have that element of fun that has been missing for so long and the game actually feels like something I can do to enjoy myself, which is the point after all. I particularly like the fact that the focus has put on people actually completing content and not being handed everything on a silver platter. You want to spend your hard earned Valor points? Well then you've got to grind rep. You want to get the best craftables? Then you have to farm the materials. There are loads of dailies you can do and they have removed the hideous rep tabards meaning you actually have to play the game instead of just doing dungeons and raids! Any one who says that MoP requires little time or effort clearly hasn't played the game yet. There is now so much you can choose to do from grinding dailies for rep and gold to scenarios or instances, raiding to discovering all of the hidden items in Pandaria that boredom really shouldn't be a problem.

If you used to play WoW now is a great time to come back and if you have never played before take a few minutes to learn about the type of realm you want to play on and then come join in with the fun!
  41. Nov 3, 2012
    "To ask why we fight, is to ask why the leaves fall
  42. Oct 30, 2012
    Lol this expansion is really fun and well made, just like every other one it provides tons of replay. Also i cant help but laugh at all the Guild Wars 2 fan boy butt hurt about this. Do any of you people even own the gAme? Probably not, i have played guild wars 2 and its a good game but doesnt keep you hooked and always with something do like WoW does. And if you dont like this feel freeLol this expansion is really fun and well made, just like every other one it provides tons of replay. Also i cant help but laugh at all the Guild Wars 2 fan boy butt hurt about this. Do any of you people even own the gAme? Probably not, i have played guild wars 2 and its a good game but doesnt keep you hooked and always with something do like WoW does. And if you dont like this feel free
    To dislike, swear about me, rate it unhelpful and have a good time in Azeroth! ;)
  43. Oct 30, 2012
    Dragon Soul destroyed my faith in WoW that Firelands built up. The release of MoP has made me regain some of that faith.

Questing and dailies are as grinding as always and boring, the dungeons are not terrible but at the same time they are nothing great. I am here for the raiding though and so far MoP blows Drag Soul out of the water. As I said before dailies are a grind-fest and

As I said before dailies are a grind-fest and very boring so if you want to play a game for the questing then it may not be the game for you, but I play the game solely for the raiding and this is a big improvement over Dragon Soul. It would be nice to see some sort of innovative new idea for questing, but I still give it a 9/10 for a decent opening raid.
  44. Oct 28, 2012
    An amazing expansion with lots to do, if you aren't an angsty teen (or just plain immature person) who hates the game because they think it's "too kiddy" you're probably going to like it. Also take note of how many 0's were put up in the first 3 days (let alone the first day alone)....just shows you how many people hated it for the sake of hating without even trying the game.
  45. Oct 27, 2012
    Simply put, I think Mists of Pandaria is probably one of the best expansions WoW has received so far. The content is amazing and vibrant and this is one of the first expansions where I geniunly felt that the journey to the level cap has been as entertaining as the destination. Great quests, with good voice acting and a solidifying narrative that takes you over the game's fairly expansiveSimply put, I think Mists of Pandaria is probably one of the best expansions WoW has received so far. The content is amazing and vibrant and this is one of the first expansions where I geniunly felt that the journey to the level cap has been as entertaining as the destination. Great quests, with good voice acting and a solidifying narrative that takes you over the game's fairly expansive continent. And once you hit 90, there is a wealth of honestly fun activities to now pursue. Farming, pet battles, a greatly improved archeology, scenarios and challenge dungeons just for starters. With a ton of great looking additions coming up in patch 5.1. Is it for everyone? Probably not. Does the formula wear a little thin at times? Sure it does. But as a fan who has been playing since 2004, I honestly feel like this is the best World of Warcraft has ever been and I'm impressed with how much heart and innovation Blizzard can still put into a game that by a lot of people's account should of packed it in years ago. Expand
  46. Oct 15, 2012
    It's been about 4 years since I was excited to get home to play World of Warcraft. Hasn't been this enjoyable since The Burning Crusade. Pretty much says it all.
  47. Oct 15, 2012
    So, I can tell whoever gave this a zero didn't even play it. This is by far better than Cataclysm. This expansion brings you into a new world, with a rich new story to the Warcraft universe. Sure, Pandas are goofy and not so serious, but the expansion is great. The quests they put in make questing not a drag, and I LOVE the continent of Pandaria. The only problems I have currently withSo, I can tell whoever gave this a zero didn't even play it. This is by far better than Cataclysm. This expansion brings you into a new world, with a rich new story to the Warcraft universe. Sure, Pandas are goofy and not so serious, but the expansion is great. The quests they put in make questing not a drag, and I LOVE the continent of Pandaria. The only problems I have currently with this expansion is the Cross Realm Zones, with all the ganking and bugs going on leveling alts has become pretty frustrating. But after getting past all of those frustations, the new monk class is amazing. They are very balanced (compared to release Death Knights). I have no idea where these haters came from, but this expansion is great. I was going to quit WoW but MoP brought me back. Expand
  48. HoP
    Oct 13, 2012
    LOL at all the people trying to lower MoP scores so people will join their failing mmo games ... To anyone that wants the truth, MoP is the best Xpac since TBC and in many cases better. To say there is nothing new in the game, is a blatant lie and points to people that have never stepped into Blizzards new exanpsion. The xpac is now a little over 2 weeks old and I already have 7daysLOL at all the people trying to lower MoP scores so people will join their failing mmo games ... To anyone that wants the truth, MoP is the best Xpac since TBC and in many cases better. To say there is nothing new in the game, is a blatant lie and points to people that have never stepped into Blizzards new exanpsion. The xpac is now a little over 2 weeks old and I already have 7days worth of played time at 90.

To those saying the game is simplistic? Please, there is more depth involved then your tiny brains can process.

A lot of these "0" reviews come from gw2, swotr, etc fanboy's who are upset the MoP has stolen their user base once again.

Hats off to Blizzard to creating what COULD VERY WELL POSSIBLY end up being the BEST xpac, time will tell, but if Blizzard keeps with the quailty they have started with, this very likely will become true.

So, if you are reading these reviews, don't be fooled by those trying to downrate MoP because of their personal grudge and inadept ability to enjoy a great game when it slaps them in the face.

Pick up MoP and start enjoying Pandaria. The story, gameplay, graphics, voice overs are all topnotch from a company that cares about their game and it shows through with flying colors.

Those worried that game has been casualized becauase of simple talent system, don't fool yourselfs, the talent system simply took what everyone does and applied it to your character and finally given you choices that matter and can truly effect your play experience.

The game has struck a balance for the hardcore and casuals that was never achived before. There are things that are goofy, easy and fun to keep players entertained, but the difficulty of higher rewards is turned up for those a bit more serious about the game. Wow no longer feels like it was designed for players who just wanted free hand outs and this a great step in the right direction.

Dungeons are truly well designed a mix between some challenge till mastered and fun for the causal player.

Challenge modes will challenge even the best of players while provide rewards out of reach for others.

But the pinnicale is raiding, Blizzard has heard and for the first time SINCE TBC the raiding is spot on, even the entry level raid currently available is beautiful the boss encounters diverse and difficult. None of the encounters are push overs the average player will find raiding absolutley amazing, while the hardcore will like always continue to clear ahead of others but will still enjoy the absolutely fantastic raid boss designs, where every member in the raid must play to their best of their abilities with an absolultey fantastic feeling of team work, an the casuals they will have their LFR to let them see the content at a simpler level.

MoP trulys 10/10 to all the haters, go back to your other mmo's and languish on your empty servers, the rest of us are in Pandaria enjoying what is truly the masterpiece of MMO's.

Cheers Blizzard you nailed this one!
  49. Oct 13, 2012
    (giving a 10 to offset the children, deserves a 9)

Graphics are stylized and fantastic Monk class is fun and OP at the moment Pet Battles are poke-awesome Tillers faction is fun Story is actually worth paying attention to for once Panda's are no worse than Tauren or Murlcok and have great animation - WoW after all this time is still WoW, take it or leave it Monks start at level
    (giving a 10 to offset the children, deserves a 9)

Graphics are stylized and fantastic
    Monk class is fun and OP at the moment
    Pet Battles are poke-awesome
    Tillers faction is fun
    Story is actually worth paying attention to for once
    Panda's are no worse than Tauren or Murlcok and have great animation
    WoW after all this time is still WoW, take it or leave it
    Monks start at level ONE
    Glyphs are better than ever
    Talent system replaced with boredom
  50. Oct 12, 2012
    To be fair I have to admit that I wasn't very optimistic about this expansion in the months before its release. I really was disappointed with Cataclysm and I really wasn't liking much of the news and developer posts that I was reading about Pandaria. I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised though. Pros:
    + The new lands are beautiful and if you're the time of person who loves doing
    + The new lands are beautiful and if you're the time of person who loves doing the quests like me then you'll be in heaven. + The stories and new Pandaria lore are really fun to follow. + The new cooking dailies where you have to grow food Farmville style are surprisingly fun and addictive. + Pet battles, a new system where your companion pets can duel against each other seems to be a new form of crack. Cons:
    - I'm still not a fan of homogenizing the talent trees into a total of 5 talent choices once you're level 90. That's right, you have a total of 5 talents to choose from and even those choices really aren't all that different from one another. - Profession mats drop and spawn so abundantly that the mats are practically worthless only two weeks into the game. If you had fun working the auction house in the past you might be disappointed. - Mote and Spirit of Harmony (this expansion's Volatiles) are all BoP so again, there's no money to be made selling them on the auction house. - Justice and Valor point gear is exclusively sold by faction quartermasters now so you need to grind reputation in order to spend the points that you had to grind to earn. Basically if your on the fence about picking this up because you hated WotLK and Cataclysm I'd say that its worth picking up and giving it a shot. Like myself, you may be pleasantly surprised.
  51. Oct 10, 2012
    There's a lot of kids whining about how the game isn't what it used to be on here,, Minus them i think this should have a MUCH higher user score.
    Band waggoning all over the shop, so i shall add my counter.
  52. Oct 10, 2012
    I personally don't understand why this game has been score-dived so heavily. Despite the hitches most expansions experience during launch, Mists of Pandaria has put World of Warcraft back on track. By removing all of the pointless number-crunching rubbish in the game and instead focusing far more heavily on enemy tactics as well as emphasising on this idea of a continuous expansion whereI personally don't understand why this game has been score-dived so heavily. Despite the hitches most expansions experience during launch, Mists of Pandaria has put World of Warcraft back on track. By removing all of the pointless number-crunching rubbish in the game and instead focusing far more heavily on enemy tactics as well as emphasising on this idea of a continuous expansion where the main continent of Pandaria reshapes over the game's lifespan, it is far, far easier to be gripped by this Exp's far more involving story. Pandaria itself looks absolutely amazing and the Pandaren, although originally a bit gimmicky, where well delivered.
    This expansion is head-over-heals better than Cataclysm and every bit as magic as TBC or WotLK when they both first launched.
  53. Oct 9, 2012
    I am a casual WoW player -- I play maybe a few hours per week when I get the chance. I almost always solo quests and I've never joined a guild. I play video games primarily to be entertained, not challenged. From my point of view, Mists of Pandaria is a fine expansion, perhaps the best to date. There are new zones and quests, and the Pandaren are a well-imagined new race with a cultureI am a casual WoW player -- I play maybe a few hours per week when I get the chance. I almost always solo quests and I've never joined a guild. I play video games primarily to be entertained, not challenged. From my point of view, Mists of Pandaria is a fine expansion, perhaps the best to date. There are new zones and quests, and the Pandaren are a well-imagined new race with a culture obviously drawn from medieval China and Japan. The Monk class is powerful, and many of the more tedious aspects of advancement in the game have been simplified (for example, at least for Monks, you no longer have to visit a trainer to learn new abilities when you level up). More intangibly, MoP has somehow brought back the sense of wonder and fun that made the original WoW, as well as the earlier single-player games, so appealing -- if the three previous expansions had a sort of dark, epic Lord of the Rings feel to them, MoP is more like The Hobbit. By taking itself less seriously, WoW has become more enjoyable. The only significant drawback is the graphics engine, which is definitely showing its age -- WoW will likely need massive upgrades in this regard if it is to continue for more than another year or two, especially after the next-generation consoles are released. Expand
  54. Oct 8, 2012
    This is by far the best WoW Expansion IMO, the quest and story are amazing, actual cut scenes and voice overs with a set laid out story make this jsut amazing, combat is harder and it feels more like how the original wow was to me, the MUSIC is AMAZING the Asian themed music is so well done and makes you real feel the atmosphere of pandaria. If you are a true WOW fan and not one of theseThis is by far the best WoW Expansion IMO, the quest and story are amazing, actual cut scenes and voice overs with a set laid out story make this jsut amazing, combat is harder and it feels more like how the original wow was to me, the MUSIC is AMAZING the Asian themed music is so well done and makes you real feel the atmosphere of pandaria. If you are a true WOW fan and not one of these chavs giving the game a review of 0 because they are immature and have no love for rpg's then you will love this new expansion... 10/10 and the gfx are much nicer now with more polys. Expand
  55. Oct 7, 2012
    Blizzard dish out another winner - does Pandaria re-invent the genre? Hell no. But it gives the fans exactly what they want from a WoW expansion pack. Heaps of great new content, a new class, new dungeons, new raids, and some fun new features like pet battles, scenarios and challenge modes. If you play WoW, this is great. And if you don't, a WoW expansion isn't really relevant to you, is it?
  56. Oct 7, 2012
    The mists part, revealing the lovely world of Pandaria. Epic landscapes and vistas encapsulate the screen, revealing the beauty and grace this expansion offers. Yes, the rep grinds are tough, talents are streamlined, and only having ground mounts until level 90 can be frustrating. However this expansion is brimming with extremely detailed environments, great questing lore, intriguingThe mists part, revealing the lovely world of Pandaria. Epic landscapes and vistas encapsulate the screen, revealing the beauty and grace this expansion offers. Yes, the rep grinds are tough, talents are streamlined, and only having ground mounts until level 90 can be frustrating. However this expansion is brimming with extremely detailed environments, great questing lore, intriguing characters, and variety in quests. Reputation is no longer earned with tabards for the main pandaria factions, and while many may say this is bad, its also keeps it interesting, and it can be much more rewarding when you do reach honored/revered/exalted. Rare spawns actually drop better loot, depending on their level, and the 40man world boss is very fun and challenging. Mists of Pandaria actually FEELS like an expansion, there is so much to do that its hard to become bored, and the Pandaren arent as cheesy as they look, but actually fit right in. My only massive gripe is the high-population log-in queue's, sometimes exceeding 2:30hrs to actually play, but otherwise, welcome to pandaria!! Expand
  57. Oct 6, 2012
    Blizzard has crafted a truly amazing expansion with MoP. I am genuinely impressed with the level of detail that has gone into this game. The art-style surpasses almost anything else out there, on an engine that (at it's core) is more than 8 years old. The questing is the most fun I've had in any MMO, and the story-telling actually has me reading most of the quest text. I've been playingBlizzard has crafted a truly amazing expansion with MoP. I am genuinely impressed with the level of detail that has gone into this game. The art-style surpasses almost anything else out there, on an engine that (at it's core) is more than 8 years old. The questing is the most fun I've had in any MMO, and the story-telling actually has me reading most of the quest text. I've been playing off and on since Vanilla, so statistically I'm probably supposed to hate this game... but as far as I'm concerned it just keeps getting better. Expand
  58. Oct 6, 2012
    Almost 90% of the negative reviews for this expansion are from accounts that were just created and have only reviewed this one game. This leads me to believe that it is a relatively small group of people making multiple accounts just to drive down MoP's meta score. As for the game itself, I think it's one of the best expansions that Blizzard has released thus far. It's on the same level asAlmost 90% of the negative reviews for this expansion are from accounts that were just created and have only reviewed this one game. This leads me to believe that it is a relatively small group of people making multiple accounts just to drive down MoP's meta score. As for the game itself, I think it's one of the best expansions that Blizzard has released thus far. It's on the same level as the Burning Crusade and definitely head and shoulders above Wrath and Cataclysm. The expansion adds a ton of content; A new race, new class, new continent, a pet battle system, and a personal garden for your characters to maintain a la Harvest Moon. The latter two are what is drawing the most flac from elitists. Oh no! Something else for players to do besides grind raid gear! The sky is falling! Seriously, this expansion is greatly entertaining and those whining for a return to the Vanilla / BC era are looking through some massive rose-tinted glasses. A game becoming more "casual" friendly is NOT a bad thing. Elitist snobs are actually throwing temper tantrums because Blizzard is making it possible for MORE people to see raid content. Yup, you read right. They are upset because they are no longer special little snowflakes and "less serious" players are now able to get their one exclusively 1337 gear. There are 324 negative reviews. Well, there are over 800 players in my Guild and Guild Alliance, and 90% of us think this expansion is great fun. Sure there are a few little things that could use tweaking (*cough*spawnratescough*) which is why I gave this expansion an 8 instead of a solid 10. If you just want to play WoW, see content, and get distracted by the multitude of things now in game go ahead and buy MoP. You'll get your money's worth out of it easily. If you think that EverQuest is the best MMO ever concieved, that every other game ever ripped off EverQuest (even ones that came before it!), and you think only the best of the best deserve to see end-game then you best stay away and let us "casuals" have our fun. Expand
  59. Oct 6, 2012
    Seems like some kind of payed anti blizzard ppl are posting here. The day expansion launched, they all give 0/10 score.

Unfortunatelyy, this makes all this scores by users totally uselles. Still, I found MoP much more entertaining than GW2. Quests are more fun, playing is much smoother (responsive of my character), the graphics changed so much (for better) for years. The new zone

Unfortunatelyy, this makes all this scores by users totally uselles.

Still, I found MoP much more entertaining than GW2. Quests are more fun, playing is much smoother (responsive of my character), the graphics changed so much (for better) for years. The new zone looks really cool.

At least my realm (Grimm Batol EU) is full of players, at AH we have tons of items (over 80k atm), raids started this week and LFR starts next. I'm having a blats playing this expansion.

Just to compare - I'v played maybe 20hrs GE2 and made me bore so much i have not launch it since. I've played MoP like 80hrs already and having so much fun.

I was somehow afraid of pandas. Fortunate, the race is cool, in those bandannas they look badass, animations are fine. Plus in the new quests they fit perfectly, nothing seems odd, everything is good explained.
  60. Oct 5, 2012
    I actually think this expansion is quite good and it's the one to bring me back. Cataclysm was rather disappointing, but this expansion brings back the sense of exploration and wonder that I enjoyed to much with Wrath of the Lich King. I don't get why so many people hate it, but as with all internet trolls, they just hate stuff to hate stuff, really.
  61. Oct 5, 2012
    Great Story/Content. Beautiful new landscapes. Great new musical score to go along with the new lands. Scenarios are a nice break from the dungeon grind and allow you to queue for what are basically the group quests now. Overall it is one of the best expansions since BC.
  62. Oct 5, 2012
    Honestly, my wife and I haven't had this much fun playing WoW together in years. We love the new island, and I am totally in love with the Monk class. I would probably rate this game an 8. Its a great step forward for the series. They've updated a lot of things, but there's some things that are still pretty old and tired. The graphics for the old races for example could use some loving.Honestly, my wife and I haven't had this much fun playing WoW together in years. We love the new island, and I am totally in love with the Monk class. I would probably rate this game an 8. Its a great step forward for the series. They've updated a lot of things, but there's some things that are still pretty old and tired. The graphics for the old races for example could use some loving. There needs to be even better ways to group with friends who are lower level to keep them interested in the game (I loved CoH/CoV adjusted level grouping). However, I think the redesign is more than slapping lipstick on a pig, they've gone through a long process and eliminated a lot of the boring utility stuff and given us a bunch of fun, cool abilities. The questing and storyline for pandaria is a bit static, however, none of your choices really matter the way SWTOR made your stories seem to matter. That being said I was enthralled to see the stories unfold, and it made me care about what was going on in the land of Pandaria more and more. The immersive effect is helped by a great musical score and superb voice acting. I was very dissappointed with the quality of the voice acting in Cataclysm, so the new stuff was very refreshing and helped draw me into the story.

So far, the new dungeons and new challenges and scenarios are fun. I like how you can still have the lower difficulty stuff for casuals but there are challenges (gold medaling dungeon runs) for more advanced people to test themselves against. I like how these challenges are getting players to be more creative in their approach.

As I say, I would give this game an 8/10 except apparently a bunch of Guildwars 2 fanboys came over to metacritic to crap all over this game for no reason. So I'll give it a 10/10 to help try and correct this bias. Really guys, its not mature to be dishonest about a game simply because you are a fan of a competitor.
  63. Oct 4, 2012
    The monk is fun. The graphics are beautiful. The talent system is no longer a Pavlovian illusion of choice. The community is strong and varied. The newbie zones aren't ghost lands anymore and the pvp has returned to the world. The leveling experience has been streamlined - although in some ways it is now like a solo rocket to max level instead of a journey - which is why I knocked it off 1The monk is fun. The graphics are beautiful. The talent system is no longer a Pavlovian illusion of choice. The community is strong and varied. The newbie zones aren't ghost lands anymore and the pvp has returned to the world. The leveling experience has been streamlined - although in some ways it is now like a solo rocket to max level instead of a journey - which is why I knocked it off 1 point. To those that feel the game is the 'same ol' same ol' - I agree it is still wow. They didn't change how the game is played. But, in my opinion, I didn't want a 'new' game, in the same way that I don't want them to change how baseball is played from season to season. It has expanded the current game, hence the term 'expansion'. They don't change the rules of baseball just because there is a new season do they? Expand
  64. Oct 4, 2012
    I remember my DM from back in the day going gaga over the AD&D 2e Oriental Adventures book and I was not digging it at all. I was very much hardcore into Norse mythology and indeed that's what first drawed me into WoW. So when I first heard of this expansion I was incredibly turned off. That said, I've taken to MoP quite well. To me it seems like a really interesting concept, aI remember my DM from back in the day going gaga over the AD&D 2e Oriental Adventures book and I was not digging it at all. I was very much hardcore into Norse mythology and indeed that's what first drawed me into WoW. So when I first heard of this expansion I was incredibly turned off. That said, I've taken to MoP quite well. To me it seems like a really interesting concept, a completely cut off land from the conflict that has ravaged the rest of Azeroth. Reminds me a lot of the relationship between D&D Forgotten Realms and Al-Qadim (they were both part of the same campaign setting, though treated as two different entities in printed adventures while the most interesting adventures to me was when we brought in assassins from Al-Qadim into Forgotten Realms or plundering Drows into the deserts of Al-Qadim). That type of clash really adds a lot for me to the scope of the world in the game.

The game itself is both familiar and new, fun and satisfying. I dig the new monk class and the new Pandarian race. The new skill system, though it irked me at first, I actually prefer now after a few days. I picked up Guild Wars 2 thinking it would easily be my favorite mmo experience this year. I was pleasantly surprised in picking up MoP because it totally made up for Guild Wars 2.
  65. Oct 4, 2012
    I love all the QQ's about this game, i been a player for 6 years now and this is the best expansion in my opinion(now granted i didnt do end game content for BC so i cant judge on that) All i ever hear is people say "it seems like they made this game for kids" Are you all forgetting your playing a video game? of course its going to be focused on a younger crowd........ WoW has always hadI love all the QQ's about this game, i been a player for 6 years now and this is the best expansion in my opinion(now granted i didnt do end game content for BC so i cant judge on that) All i ever hear is people say "it seems like they made this game for kids" Are you all forgetting your playing a video game? of course its going to be focused on a younger crowd........ WoW has always had a childish theme to it. The content is SO much better than Cata, leveling has not been a complete drag to me yet which is a complete breathe of fresh air. And to those that say its dumbed down, 10 bucks says 3/4 of you went onto elitest jerks and tried to find the best build for your class and spec cause i know i sure did. So don't preach about how it impacted your play style and blah blah blah cause in reality it did not really effect you at all. All i hear is ohhhh i want it back to the way it was and end game to be ridiculously hard core. Well you all need to realize Blizzard is a BUSINESS and needs to do what they feel is best for their product......... Don't like it? Then end your subscription and go play something else, but im sure most of the negative reviewers here are already level 90. I love MoP and will be a long time WoW fan. Expand
  66. Oct 3, 2012
    It's hard to believe that I'm writing positive things about a Blizzard product after the last few years, but here it is. MoP has landed and it's actually a decent expansion. This time the skill remake (at least for my character) is really good. I enjoy my warlock again, something that Cataclysm took and broke again and again. The new skill selection is interesting and it affords youIt's hard to believe that I'm writing positive things about a Blizzard product after the last few years, but here it is. MoP has landed and it's actually a decent expansion. This time the skill remake (at least for my character) is really good. I enjoy my warlock again, something that Cataclysm took and broke again and again. The new skill selection is interesting and it affords you the ability to change your skills on the fly because the reagent needed to do so is inexpensive to the point of being insignificant. This actually opens the game up, rather than restricting it like people who aren't playing write in the negative reviews. You get to choose 6 abilities at a time from a pool of 18 that you can change whenever you want to without needing to visit a trainer. That's variety and accessibility on a scale never before seen in WoW. The new dungeons are enjoyable yet challenging while they're new. They aren't hard like dungeons were at the start of Cataclysm, but they aren't trivial like they were at the end (though honestly they will be by the end of this xpac, such is life in WoW). The new things to do like pet battles get you out into the world and dungeon challenge modes offer competitive PvE for players in addition to raiding. PvP is still there in several different varieties (although, I took a point off for Blizzard putting the gear vendors where they did, making them killable and saying they thought that was a good idea. It wasn't a good idea Blizzard, not at all). All in all there is more to do in MoP than there ever has been in all of WoW's history and the things that have kept the game going all this time like spot on controls, modability, accessibility and stability are all still there. Expand
  67. Oct 3, 2012
    Really enjoying this new expansion. Have played since day one up until now. I actually think the Panderans are great, their animations are superb and I love the new Monk class. I also think the new talent system is way better as it cuts out all the lvls were you pick something pointless.
    Hoping the raid content will be good as all the other things. If you liked WoW before, chances are you will like this. Plenty of people who said they wouldn't play it are back levelling.
  68. Oct 3, 2012
    There is definitely way too much "QQ" over this game for illogical reasons.

There is definitely way too much "QQ" over this game for illogical reasons.

Mists is definitely the smartest expansion from Blizzard. Some of the more pointless things in the game, such as hunters using mana, casting time on slam, healers using talent points for dispells, Soul Shards in bags, reagents for spells and grinding keys to enter dungeons are gone. The reason? Simply because they went against the shaping of the game. Warriors should never be casting. You shouldn't need to grind an item just to get into a dungeon. Etc.

The talent point system was in dire need of being revamped. PvP-wise, several classes were forced into one spec for viability, but now all specs share common qualities, giving a more diverse environment. There was never any freedom with the old system. During WotLK, it was still a basic cookie cutter and it was just as worse in Cata. When you see a lock, warrior, shaman...you could be facing any spec. There are numerous combinations. Blizzard has gone back to it's TBC/WotLK days, where you level on a separate continent with distinct zones so you can finish a zone, obtain one level, and then move on to the next zone, which definitely makes you feel more involved with the expansion rather than questing, leveling, taking a portal to a new place, and repeating the process all over again.

Speaking of leveling, the grind for 85 to 90 is horrendous. Casually playing, it took something like 5-8 hours per level. The diverse zones make it slightly bearable, but everyone in my guild and on my server complained about the length. However, most people can relate to the grind from the original 1 to 60 before we had Looking For Dungeons. People asked for a harder game, and the grind was perfect in terms of The new raids are definitely going to leave some people puzzled. The architecture for Vaults is painstakingly similar to Ulduar. There is a similar trash grind that resets if you fail to kill a boss, and the bosses offer a much stronger complexity (which you will have to judge for yourself). Whereas last expansion, almost all guilds burned through the entire normal tier without any effort, only 3 guilds on my server have down the first 3 bosses, and there is only 1 guild in the world who has finished all 6...and this is just normal mode.

The game is different and time will tell how this expansion goes. There's definitely a number of things to do and it offers a strong hand to casuals and hardcore alike. I give it a 9 because I do not think Blizzard will ever outdo themselves and return to their 12 million subs. The content is fun and enjoyable, the mechanics are new, and it definitely seemed like a more "close-to-home" expansion that it's predecessor. World of Warcraft is far from "dying" and it's the top MMO for another year.

Typical reviews on here are just plain wrong and lack any intellectual thought. I'm writing this one one day after content was released, so if you're ready any of the reviews before October 2nd, you are reading reviews of people who have yet to touch the new raids, compete in arenas, try out new BG's, and so forth. Basically, you're reading the reviews of people who haven't even played this game yet. That is no way to judge a game.
  69. Oct 3, 2012
    THE GOOD: Expansive, highly detailed zones; probably the best in WoW yet. Improved details in graphics (greater luminosity and spell effects). Great soundtrack that will encourage you to put WoW music on again. Very fun (and humorous) quests that make creative use of the tools the engine has at its disposal. LOTS of endgame content; dungeons are very impressive, and Challenge Mode givesTHE GOOD: Expansive, highly detailed zones; probably the best in WoW yet. Improved details in graphics (greater luminosity and spell effects). Great soundtrack that will encourage you to put WoW music on again. Very fun (and humorous) quests that make creative use of the tools the engine has at its disposal. LOTS of endgame content; dungeons are very impressive, and Challenge Mode gives PvE players a more direct competition with other people. Voice overs are definitely a big improvement over Cataclysm. Monk class is very interesting and fun. Pandaren animations are great. Involving storylines that make you feel like a special snowflake. --------- THE BAD: Overhauled talent system makes leveling feel a bit hollow. A few buggy issues with phasing. ---------- THE UGLY: People will find any reason to hate WoW at this point. Internet chest thumpers are predisposed to hating this game simply because of the Pandaren race. Pet monster mini-game will get a lot of comparisons with Pokemon, although no one has yet criticized Polymock in GW2. (isn't selective journalism great? lol) --------- FIRST IMPRESSIONS: WoW's age is definitely showing, but the efforts put into developing Mists of Pandaria truly shows and gives long-time Blizzard fans a reason to pick up the game again. It's sad that people are judging the game so harshly without even trying it and realizing how much fun it is. FINAL VERDICT COMING IN THE NEAR FUTURE. Expand
  70. Oct 2, 2012
    I have to say, its pretty good. I thought I was done with WoW, as I was burnt out and also pretty upset with Blizzard. This almost makes up for how bad Diablo 3 turned out. Cata lost me, as I felt like it shouldn't have even been an expansion but rather a free "refresh." I rolled my eyes like millions of others when they announced Pandaria, but you know what? I rolled my eyes when Kung FuI have to say, its pretty good. I thought I was done with WoW, as I was burnt out and also pretty upset with Blizzard. This almost makes up for how bad Diablo 3 turned out. Cata lost me, as I felt like it shouldn't have even been an expansion but rather a free "refresh." I rolled my eyes like millions of others when they announced Pandaria, but you know what? I rolled my eyes when Kung Fu panda came out, and I wound up liking the stupid movie. I went ahead and gave MoP a chance, and found myself having more fun with WoW than I had in a long while.

The new talent system is weird, and certainly boring for someone just starting to level, but I get what they were trying to do.

The graphics options are much improved. The new areas are interesting. We get a new race and new class.

I think people need to realize that there's only so much you can do with a game this old. And I don't mean the graphics. After playing the same MMO for 6 years, how can you not be tired of it? How can you not be tired of the genre itself? Maybe its time to move on. I get some players are angry that the game is easier or more casual, and that they feel betrayed, but I for one am happy the game is less of a grind. I just want to have fun. I don't want to sacrifice large chunks of my life to any single game. And to all the hate on the FMV, well, I want this one was the best they've done yet. I've never thought they were amazing or worth watching twice, but this one was technically very impressive and amusing. I've seen people comment that they were offended that this strange new race would be attacked without cause. Well lighten up, it was amusing, and it makes a pretty accurate statement on human (or orc) nature.

So no, its not perfect, or revolutionary, and I ought to vote it higher to compensate for extremists ( a zero? Really? Did you buy one of the display boxes by mistake?) but I think its a solid 8, and a pleasant surprise.
  71. Oct 2, 2012
    Although it's not perfect, Mists of Pandaria certainly provides a relaxed but more fun setting to enjoy. Graphics make the game different and more voice acting and cut-scenes make it more interesting to play. For me, the real enjoyment comes from the feeling of that adventure that you had back in the old times. Great expansion, but there could have been a lot more things implemented toAlthough it's not perfect, Mists of Pandaria certainly provides a relaxed but more fun setting to enjoy. Graphics make the game different and more voice acting and cut-scenes make it more interesting to play. For me, the real enjoyment comes from the feeling of that adventure that you had back in the old times. Great expansion, but there could have been a lot more things implemented to make it even better. Expand
  72. Oct 2, 2012
    The quests, music and scenery are really good. The new talent and glyph setup is great.

The big drama is PVE difficulty. There is no challenge at all. Even a first dungeon run feels like a grind. It is quite literally impossible to fail.

For that I'll rate this 8, the lowest I've rated wow expansions so far.
  73. Oct 2, 2012
    I don't understand how so many people blindly rate it below 4 just out of shear emotion. I thought it was decent launch, it had lag issues for about 3-4 hours and it was perfectly fine after. I have done quite a bit in the game so far (level to 90, heroics and challenge modes)
  74. Oct 2, 2012
    it´s a wonderful game, my english is very bad, but i try explain it, world of warcraft with this expansion, return to its origins, it´s a great expansion
  75. Oct 2, 2012
    Not perfect but much better then most of these derps reviewing will have you believe giving it a zero who have never played it because they don't like pandas and or feel its ripping off pokemon is just stupid.
  76. Oct 2, 2012
    Another solid addition to World of Warcraft. The game may have changed since the good old days, yet it still manages to entertain. Play it for what it is now, not what it used to be, and you'll have fun. Blow out the new 5 levels, run some dungeons, say hi to old friends, then park your main again for a few years till next expansion. lol This is simply the cycle of aging mmo's.Another solid addition to World of Warcraft. The game may have changed since the good old days, yet it still manages to entertain. Play it for what it is now, not what it used to be, and you'll have fun. Blow out the new 5 levels, run some dungeons, say hi to old friends, then park your main again for a few years till next expansion. lol This is simply the cycle of aging mmo's. Seriously..everyquest has 20 expansions now...and still a core base of people that play. If you don't wanna play, then dont :) WOW will never be the same game as it was, but then again..would you want it to be? Expand
  77. Oct 2, 2012
    Good quests, zone design, artwork, and new features are the strong point of this expansion. Those who are wanting an interesting leveling experience, colorful zones and dungeons, and new lore will not be disappointed by this expansion. Compared to the sometimes dull and rehashed zones in Cataclysm, the new zones are a breath of fresh air that harken back to the zone design of WotLK. TheGood quests, zone design, artwork, and new features are the strong point of this expansion. Those who are wanting an interesting leveling experience, colorful zones and dungeons, and new lore will not be disappointed by this expansion. Compared to the sometimes dull and rehashed zones in Cataclysm, the new zones are a breath of fresh air that harken back to the zone design of WotLK. The accompanying music has an appropriate oriental feel mixed with the oldschool tunes of Warcraft 3, which they seem to be trying to bring back in to the game. I thought the pet battles would be a somewhat amusing side feature, and was surprised to learn how in-depth they went in to creating that system and its content. If you liked Pokémon, you'll probably get some fun out of the pet battle system. Don't look for the same amount of depth, however. The pandas have an interesting and sometimes amusing story. If you're looking for a dead serious, no-funny-business, don't play the Pandarian race. There's still plenty to keep you entertained that's not your cup of tea, however. This expansion loses points for the sometimes overly silly and cheesy quest and cinematic content and dialogue. Sometimes it seems like some sort of weird comedy in certain parts. I found myself groaning out loud in certain areas. Expand
  78. Oct 2, 2012
    TheThird
    Sep 25, 2012
    8 Good quests, zone design, artwork, and new features are the strong point of this expansion. Those who are wanting an interesting leveling experience, colorful zones and dungeons, and new lore will not be disappointed by this expansion. Compared to the sometimes dull and rehashed zones in Cataclysm, the new zones are a breath of fresh air that harken back to the
    TheThird
    Sep 25, 2012
  79. Oct 1, 2012
    Complete rip off of Age of Bronan's Gates of Khitai expansion, but with pandas and Pokemon battles.

This game was much better back when people who aren't as good as me couldn't access the majority of the endgame content. Playing a mage in Sunwell was truly the height of my World of Warcraft experience. Metzen needs to put down the writing quill and dedicate all of his time doing what he does best: grooming his immaculate goatee.

10 for pandas.
  80. Oct 1, 2012
    If you've been loving WoW for the last 8 years like me, then you'll love this one too. There is a ton more endgame content right out of the box. the soundtrack is also beautiful again. just fun all around. if you didn't like wow before then you probably won't like this, so go back to guild wars 2.
  81. Oct 1, 2012
    This games looks fantastic. This is hands down the most beautiful expansion to date. I know there has been lots of complaints about this being a happy or childish expansion, but I must say I am very happy they went with something different. I enjoy the bright colours and beautiful scenery. The quests have all been very enjoyable thus far. I do not see any reason this game should be scoringThis games looks fantastic. This is hands down the most beautiful expansion to date. I know there has been lots of complaints about this being a happy or childish expansion, but I must say I am very happy they went with something different. I enjoy the bright colours and beautiful scenery. The quests have all been very enjoyable thus far. I do not see any reason this game should be scoring this low. Give it a try. You will enjoy it. Expand
  82. Oct 1, 2012
    Tons and tons of Asian atmosphere in this new expansion. The new continent of Pandaria is the most beautiful place made in the world of Azeroth and I applaud the designers who can squeeze so much artistry out of an 8+ year old game engine.
    The game has been made more accessible for new players while giving the hard core players more challenges with the introduction of challenge modes. This expansion gives all gamer types something to do: casual gamers can have fun with pet battles and scenarios which don't take up much time while the hardcore crowd can build up their character by doing hundreds of daily quests, instances, challenge modes to get ready to raid.
    The new race is endearing with their Asian flair and cute looks and the new class is a welcome addition to the other 10. The quests are top notch and made me laugh on more than one occasion. The typical blizzard humor can also be found in the Instances. If a dungeon where you can battle drunken monkey creatures and beer spirits doesn't make you chuckle then life must be a very sour experience for you indeed. Never since the BC and WotLK days have enjoyed WoW this much. A very nice recovery from a mediocre Catacllysm.
    To all the jaded haters I say: If you're fed up with wow go play something else. I expect you'll soon find something new you can spew your bile on.
  83. Sep 30, 2012
    Ignore the GW2 haters who put up tons of horrible reviews. Mists of Panaria is WoW's best expansion yet. Launch day was amazingly smooth. Just hit level 90 and I'm blown away by the art & quest design for this expansion.
  84. Sep 30, 2012
    Shall I give this one a fair rating unlike everyone else? The game was fun, and the new content was great. There is nothing wrong with this game. I've been around since vanilla, I've played that game at its hardest moments, so I can understand some people saying that the guy is too dumbed down. But hey, this wasn't meant to be StarCraft, and the game really isn't that unchallengingShall I give this one a fair rating unlike everyone else? The game was fun, and the new content was great. There is nothing wrong with this game. I've been around since vanilla, I've played that game at its hardest moments, so I can understand some people saying that the guy is too dumbed down. But hey, this wasn't meant to be StarCraft, and the game really isn't that unchallenging anyways. Everyone saying that probably hasn't even done a new raid yet. The game was fun, and certainly worth the $40 or $60. Ignore the idiots that rated the game 0! Expand
  85. Sep 30, 2012
    Not sure why all these people are whining, this expansion beats Cataclysm by far. I love the storyline so far, the dungeons may be easier but they are more fun, and they have more challenging modes later on. I quit WoW after Cataclysm but came back for Mists of Panderia and am loving it so far. It's not cheesy at all, which I was worried about due to the Panda theme. I bet most of theseNot sure why all these people are whining, this expansion beats Cataclysm by far. I love the storyline so far, the dungeons may be easier but they are more fun, and they have more challenging modes later on. I quit WoW after Cataclysm but came back for Mists of Panderia and am loving it so far. It's not cheesy at all, which I was worried about due to the Panda theme. I bet most of these naysayers here have barely even played through the quests or dungeons, if at all. Typical Blizzard haters. Expand
  86. Sep 30, 2012
    I can honestly tell most people giving reviews on here have either not played the game for longer than 10 mins or just plain hate the game and like lying through whatever teeth they have left.

Mists of Pandaria has been one of the greatest expansions blizzard has made since BC if not better than it and it just is getting started. Don't knock it till you tried it. I became level 90 2 days ago and i have so many things to do. But before that the leveling and questing actually felt fun. The zones are amazing and the dungeons are beautiful. The monk is also a fantastic addition to the game along with the pandas. Alot of people are just mad about pandas...if that's the case don't play as a panda. Nothing is stopping you. This expansion as said is a step in the right direction. I am glad i got back into WoW. Thank you blizzard for making such an amazing expansion. :)
  87. Sep 29, 2012
    Ok, I have to admit, I hated the game on day one, but that was because of technical problems that appear to have been resolved. I have played through all the zones and leveled from 85-90 and it's actually the best leveling experience in the franchise. Fun, not too hard, and full of stories. It's not that I like easy games, but the challenges come from end game pvp and pve content, andOk, I have to admit, I hated the game on day one, but that was because of technical problems that appear to have been resolved. I have played through all the zones and leveled from 85-90 and it's actually the best leveling experience in the franchise. Fun, not too hard, and full of stories. It's not that I like easy games, but the challenges come from end game pvp and pve content, and complicated quests that make you 5 minutes running from one end of the map to the other are just not compelling gameplay, regardless of the game. I hate it when it happens in GTA, and I hate it in MMO's. Expand
  88. Sep 29, 2012
    Best expansion I've played since Burning Crusade. Excellent storyline and a depth and variety of activities to perform that all other MMOs seem to still lack.
  89. Sep 29, 2012
    This expansion may not be ground breaking or revolutionary, but it certainly does provide more quality content in a game that has provided hundreds of hours of escapism for day to day life. The new features such as pet battles and scenarios are and interesting way to spend your time while logged in and the game has now managed to provide both the hardcore gamer and the casual gamerThis expansion may not be ground breaking or revolutionary, but it certainly does provide more quality content in a game that has provided hundreds of hours of escapism for day to day life. The new features such as pet battles and scenarios are and interesting way to spend your time while logged in and the game has now managed to provide both the hardcore gamer and the casual gamer various options to keep both happy. You can still do progression raiding and challenge modes as a hardcore or you have the LFR and scenarios if you simply do not have hours on end to apply to your time logged in. Warcraft will always be a polarizing game simply because each individual player believes that their ideas and preferences simply must be the best and most outstanding take on the situation. Blizzard does a fantastic job as an MMO giant providing content that keeps you playing and pleases as large a crowd as possible. If you don't like the game anymore, stop playing. If you like the predictable but steady expansions they provide with a few dashes of new game play styles, then enjoy. You are the consumer. Don't keep paying for something you don't enjoy. I, however, find that Blizzard does the best they can with each release and appreciate the fleshed out world they provide for me to dive in to after a hard day of work. Expand
  90. Sep 29, 2012
    Wow, so many haters. If you like "violence" and "manliness" so much, go play CoD. If you don't like how the launch was going, then you didn't see any other MMO launches.
    The design of MoP is great, I'd say it's the best looking wow addon so far. The talent system is not that easy as it looks like (maybe for casuals it is, but hardcore players will see it's potential). Quests is good. Not great, but good enough. Scenarios/heroic dungeons/challenges is a step in a right direction.
    The only thing that I think could be better is LESS DAILIES. WE DO NOT LIKE THEM. But whatever, they're there for keep us playing even if we can't find what to do AND they also give great opportunities for world-pvp
  91. Sep 29, 2012
    This is by far the best content Blizzard has ever put out. The questing is superb, the story, the mechanics, I once again have that feeling of AWE I have missed since Vanilla. Kudos Blizzard, this is the best MMO out there.
  92. Sep 29, 2012
    There are many things that are wrong with WoW's newest expansion. Though there is so much more that is right. Mists of Pandaria represents the culmination of years of experience in making WoW expansions. It is the best of the series without question, or perhaps seems as such following the horrible blunder that was Cataclysm. The art style, questing systems and new continent areThere are many things that are wrong with WoW's newest expansion. Though there is so much more that is right. Mists of Pandaria represents the culmination of years of experience in making WoW expansions. It is the best of the series without question, or perhaps seems as such following the horrible blunder that was Cataclysm. The art style, questing systems and new continent are everything that the game needed to feel refreshing, while also boosting it's normal "World of Warcraft" style that people either love or hate. While most reviews herein contain reasons such as "network" or "Pandas" followed by obscene ignorance, MoP is everything that any past expansion has given and perhaps more. Gamers today as a whole have lost the ability of distinction, and it is human nature to hate on something that is popular if you are not a part of that group. This is exasperatingly evident with MoP, which brings forth new content, brilliant visuals (ala WoW style), hilarious and entertaining quests and an promise of so much more. The new systems alone provide for bonus addons that give players new things to do while preparing for raids and to do battle; the cross realm system, while very irritating to non-PvP realm characters, is a great idea that was poorly implemented. Getting gold ratings on challenge modes are incredibly hard even for hardcore raiders, and scenarios bring an additional outlet for people to spend time earning justice and new items without needed a tank or healer. In addition, the reformat of normal dungeons to the era of Wrath, while maintaining the difficulty of challenge modes, is a tremendous improvement over the last expansion where dungeons weren't all that popular until the second patch.

Blizzard has promise bi or tri monthly patches containing alternating portions of contents such as raids, dungeons, dailies and story that will further advance the storyline of Mists of Pandaria. As such, huge battles are expected, and there is already more blood in the water than in any expansion thus far. PvP is rampant on PvP realms, and so are a huge amount of issues that should have been handled during beta (such as crz and it's general useless nature other than providing extra players to steal your kills or quest mobs).

Pet battles are strangely addicting, and farming is less than optimal in being entertaining. Still, the game boosts tremendous improvements over the past, learning from mistakes and rewarding multiple different types of crowds. As most raids haven't been released (scheduled for a week or two), the only experiences I could speak of such is from the Beta, of which I found to be very enjoyable and just challenging enough.

Questing is entertaining from the start, minus the somewhat poor cut-scenes made to introduce them. Multiple different objectives, story-lines and "just for fun" tasks bring forth refreshing leveling when focused on at a moderate pace. Pandas, while controversial, bring about a certain feeling of "zen" in their own land, but ultimately cause one to quirk their eyebrows when seeing them in regular towns. Luckily, if Worgen are any indication, they will be a rare race of bestials despite having an "awesome" flare to a certain crowd. To put it bluntly, if one is on the fence about this expansion and you've enjoyed WoW in the past, it is definitely worth the purchase price and a few months of entertainment. Many are getting tired of the whole raiding scene and just getting new gear just to get new gear. Though the amount of content and things to so and do within WoW will give months to do while waiting on other games or just needing to fill time in general out of boredom.
  93. Sep 28, 2012
    masterpiece, the art design is superb when you stand in the valley of the four winds its almost like living in a painting ( high graphics settings), every culture is finely detailed with buildings, props and inspired backstories, and i have to say this follows the blizzard principle of quality trough details. Love the game i am actually kind of sad that in time i will finally explore themasterpiece, the art design is superb when you stand in the valley of the four winds its almost like living in a painting ( high graphics settings), every culture is finely detailed with buildings, props and inspired backstories, and i have to say this follows the blizzard principle of quality trough details. Love the game i am actually kind of sad that in time i will finally explore the whole continent but then i will have a farm to take care and my ever growing pokemon collection

and the rest pve and pvp great as always but i dont really care much about this because any mmo can put some kind of dungeon/raid/battleground, blizzard just makes them beautiful and detailed
  94. Sep 28, 2012
    This game has breathed a breath of renewed life into World of Warcraft. Too many people expect this to be a GW2 clone with a WOW skin over the top - it is not, and that is why it is successful. World of Warcraft is returning to its roots, leveling is a longer and more rewarding experience than 'oh I hit 81..and then an hour later oh I hit 82'. The scenery is beautiful, the music is wellThis game has breathed a breath of renewed life into World of Warcraft. Too many people expect this to be a GW2 clone with a WOW skin over the top - it is not, and that is why it is successful. World of Warcraft is returning to its roots, leveling is a longer and more rewarding experience than 'oh I hit 81..and then an hour later oh I hit 82'. The scenery is beautiful, the music is well made and immersive.

There are so many bad reviews from butthurt old-timers who expected 'passive mitigation' and people who just down-vote the game for no reason other than D3 being a flop. I have -actually- played this game since Vanilla, and this is honestly the most fun I have had since LK. Do yourself a favour and give this expansion a go, you won't regret it.
  95. Sep 28, 2012
    Fantastic, immersive questing; wonderful graphics (yes, the engine is old, but so what? this makes it accessible to a wide variety of people); and a fascinating storyline with subtle, adult undertones make this the best expansion since Wrath of the Lich King. Raid content is not yet open so cannot comment yet on this, but based on several days of play I cannot see myself getting bored orFantastic, immersive questing; wonderful graphics (yes, the engine is old, but so what? this makes it accessible to a wide variety of people); and a fascinating storyline with subtle, adult undertones make this the best expansion since Wrath of the Lich King. Raid content is not yet open so cannot comment yet on this, but based on several days of play I cannot see myself getting bored or unhappy with this expansion. They have put in so much to for me to do that I'll be kept busy for the next year. Two thumbs up. Expand
  96. Sep 28, 2012
    I think its a GREAT value for the money. You play it for a few months, get your monies worth and then quit when something else shiny/new comes out. Its the cost of about 2 movies. I quit a couple years ago, came back to Mists and personally, I'm having a GREAT time. I would happily spend the money again. Some of these reviews are laughable. What do people expect? Some kind of life alteringI think its a GREAT value for the money. You play it for a few months, get your monies worth and then quit when something else shiny/new comes out. Its the cost of about 2 movies. I quit a couple years ago, came back to Mists and personally, I'm having a GREAT time. I would happily spend the money again. Some of these reviews are laughable. What do people expect? Some kind of life altering experience? Please. Expand
  97. Sep 28, 2012
    For me, MoP was an awesome experience. Most of the people who are writing bad reviews probably have not even reached end-game yet. Some of them complain about the new talent system, which is an excellent idead in my opinion. No more ''cookie-cutter'' builds, where if you did not pick specific talents, you would have much lower DPS then others. You usually only had 1-3 points to put whereFor me, MoP was an awesome experience. Most of the people who are writing bad reviews probably have not even reached end-game yet. Some of them complain about the new talent system, which is an excellent idead in my opinion. No more ''cookie-cutter'' builds, where if you did not pick specific talents, you would have much lower DPS then others. You usually only had 1-3 points to put where you wanted and even then, they did not change much (Some Builds did not even have those extra points). With the new system, the talents you choose actually modify your gameplay, and there is USUALLY no good answer, it is left to the preference of the player. Furthermore, the new continent is stunning, the environnement is beautifully done and the artwork on some of the mobs are very intricate and interesting. There are new battlegrounds and Dungeons, two whole new modes (Challenge mode and Scenarios), new raids, AoE looting, changes to raid looting, reputation, etc. Hell, some stuff went back to how it was in vanilla ! All in all, i seriously don't understand why people are disliking this expansion. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone who enjoys World of Warcraft. Expand
  98. Sep 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well i see lots of discontent here. Before you are so harsh to judge the game, picture this. Here you are raiding Dragon Soul on heroic difficulty over and over again. You have nothing else to do right? Okay. Lets go farm stuff, make money, get mounts and complete a mother-load of achievements. Suddenly... oh wow what is this!? A new expansion!? Finally! So you go and read up on it little by little as it reaches launch time. Good, now you are in game. Pandas, pandas everywhere, awesome detail new quest-lines, awesome new factions/races, new items, new mounts, new tittles, new achievements, scenarios, challenge modes and a plethora of new content. So here i ask you. Are you judging the new expansion because you never really progressed into raiding and completion during your previous plays? Are you not content with the fact that the game still has low rez graphics to compensate for it's size? (WoW has over 6 million players, with server capacities on the edge of 1000 or more). Are you just a fan boy of previous releases? Or, you just cant accept how awesome this expansion really is because you never cared to research/progress further into the game? Whatever your reason may be, this game deserves much credit. People that complain about the Panda race/faction clearly never understood or read the lore. Pandas were a part of wow long since its begging, just mentioned in short sections. And of course i cant stress this enough again and again, there is the Graphics Enthusiast. I personally demand high graphics from my games, in fact i sometimes judge the games on it's graphics (bad habit), but when it comes to WoW you have to understand that it was never about the graphics, it was about the game play. And last but not least, i am baffled by people who judge this game based on how hard or easier it gets. Raid finder= Great for experiences players who are eager to learn the ropes of raiding.
    Scenarios= Awesome idea towards achievements and "something to do"
    Challenge mode= Perfect way to test your strength and skills as a hardcore gamer, with a rewarding ending only for those who can prove themselves.
    Of course the dungeons and new raids are amazing, explosive content everywhere. So much more lore, so much more unique environments, great unique bosses and worth-wile rewards.
    Now here's another thing. Wonder why WoW MoP is still (TBD) here? Its because a Metacritic less than 90 you hurt its sales. Blizzard knows best, and quite frankly they will destroy those numbers. People have to realize that criticism here is hurting the gaming industry in terms of artistic meaning and individuality. If a game scores low it has a lesser chance to be sequel-ed. And that is completely ignorant.
  99. Sep 28, 2012
    First and foremost, let me start out by saying that I think many of the people here who have reported the game as being shipped out as the same content over and over have to realize something about MMOs in general: they all follow the same pattern. Sure, there are games out, now, like Guild Wars 2 and Rift that implemented an event-based questing system. But guess what? 8 years down theFirst and foremost, let me start out by saying that I think many of the people here who have reported the game as being shipped out as the same content over and over have to realize something about MMOs in general: they all follow the same pattern. Sure, there are games out, now, like Guild Wars 2 and Rift that implemented an event-based questing system. But guess what? 8 years down the line when the game releases their expansions, I wonder how many people are going to say oh god, not another EVENT-BASED expansion? Because after 8 years of a game being released and built upon, I would think people are just looking to hate on a game thats been walking a delicate line between releasing drastic changes and retaining much of the nostalgic and old-style feel from Classic WoW. What people want is an overhaul, but not an -overhaul-. Oh, please change all x things, but leave x things the same! I am in no way a Blizzard fangirl.Blizzard has made some royal screw-ups in the course of its career, but I -do- think they are trying. Do people really think these developers and artists just sit there and put no love into their work? Do you think they hate their own games? Come on. Use your brains. If -you- were a developer working day and night on a project as big as WoW, youd do the best you can at making it a game worth playing. Stop being petty and play the game longer than three days before you start down-rating it for issues that are either already being addressed or that are never going to change, period. If you dont like the rep/quest grind any longer, you should just stop playing MMOs in general and quit downgrading a game solely on a mechanic that is NEVER going to go away.
    Quests: There have been quite a few bugs here and there in the questlines. Such is expected of a newly game, so I give them an appropriate amount of time to go back in and fix those bugs. They are doing so as I type this...a two hour down-time period for them to do an overhaul and fix some of the more glaring issues. I dont mind taking a break from my grind to come back to fixed content. Now, we have the quests themselves, which actually are still reminiscent of the typical quest grind, but have some interesting lore surprises just when you think things are getting boring! I thoroughly enjoy the turn the lore has taken for the Alliance-side questing through Pandaria and have been following closely through each zone. Some quests are very fun and light-hearted, some might call them 'childish' but really, we're all playing an online fantasy game, what else do you expect? Pandaren: They are pretty interesting...I thoroughly LOVE Chinese lore in and of itself and I think Blizzard was very respectful in borrowing and honoring some implemented qualities from the culture and design. This is coming from a person who went to Blizzcon and grouched about the day they announced the idea of Pandaren: I didnt like them and didnt want them in my WoW. But now that I've run around on one for quite a while and delved into their lore, I have changed my mind.
    Continent: There are certain areas in Pandaria that just blew me away visually...I stand still or run around an area just to take in the beauty of it all. Zones all have something unique about them that set them apart and the flow of the quest chains has you visiting every single area so you dont miss out on any of the hard work they put into the design. Lore: I think the lore in this expansion is everything I had hoped for, not just for the Pandaren, but for the Alliance and Horde in general. I would like to go into further details but Id rather not spoil anything for anybody who hasn't gotten through most of the first batch of content. Ive been waiting for is some kind of recognition from Blizzard that there are players out there who want to see some character development for our lore characters! Graphics: The graphics have been updated significantly: better texture resolutions, smoother animations, some recycled but many of them new and fresh. They contrast heavily with the older textures and previous armor-styles but Blizzard has made it clear that they will be working on and releasing revamped character models in the future. As long as that promise is upheld, I can be patient and wait for that to roll around.
    CRZ: I heavily dislike them, I wish they were never implemented. I feel as though this is the source of all my lag and would prefer it if they would remove the feature entirely. Talent System: I miss the old talent system. I think this new change is interesting, at best, but I saw nothing wrong with the old talent trees and wish they had never touched them. I like the minor glyphs and even some options that change spells to better fit a play style. Major glyphs help to counter a little of my dislike towards the talent changes.
    Scenarios/Challenges: Have not gotten that far, yet, but after doing Theramore I think they show potential.
    Overall, this expansion gets a 9/10.
  100. Sep 28, 2012
    As an mmo veteran i would like to say that I really love this expansion. I must be playing a different game than some of the negative posters. The transition was seamless for me, I've had a total of two MINOR bugs throughout the entire expansion. To dislike the pandas just because they seem childish is very shallow, the panda starting zone was very entertaining and the lore is amazing. TheAs an mmo veteran i would like to say that I really love this expansion. I must be playing a different game than some of the negative posters. The transition was seamless for me, I've had a total of two MINOR bugs throughout the entire expansion. To dislike the pandas just because they seem childish is very shallow, the panda starting zone was very entertaining and the lore is amazing. The artwork in mists of pandaria is beautiful, I just want to take my time questing so I can enjoy the scenery. Sure the graphics could be better but you have to sacrifice so some people can play (not everyone can have a state of the art computer). I have leveled several characters throughout the whole game and I must say that the questing experience keeps getting better. The interactions with the NPC's and the flawless phasing makes everything seem so real. To say this game is easier I think is wrong also. The mini rarespawn's throughout the questing zones make use of difficult mechanics that even a veteran will struggle with, the new talent system (although simplified) now can be encounter specific and good players will know which talents to use for each fight. The old talent system was never very difficult to begin with. Overall I think it is beautiful, questing is more involved, and very well put together. Thank you Blizzard! Expand

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    An expansion worthy of the franchise’s legacy that, according to sales and subscriptions data, pulls the series back on the right track, in a spectacular way. On the other hand however, the limitations of the World of Warcraft platform are similarly underlined. There’s no room for fundamental restructuring of the game. [November 2012]
  2. Nov 25, 2012
    The fourth World of Warcraft expansion set is trying to get back all of those souls lost in last months, even years. At the end of the day it manages to get them back, letting them forget Cataclysm that's been dull as ditch water.
  3. Games Master UK
    Nov 25, 2012
    Another great excuse to delve back into this massive world, though archaic gameplay grates. [Christmas 2012, p.92]