4.8

1. Sep 27, 2012
    Well, I was disappointed in Cata from the start, and was hoping MoP would bring back anything remotely epic in the game outside of Max level play. Sadly, it's still just an ez rush to endgame, one or 2 shotting mobs along the way. Planned to take my time, enjoy the panda starting zone, but found it so dumbed down(further if possible from Cata), and really uninspiring artistically that IWell, I was disappointed in Cata from the start, and was hoping MoP would bring back anything remotely epic in the game outside of Max level play. Sadly, it's still just an ez rush to endgame, one or 2 shotting mobs along the way. Planned to take my time, enjoy the panda starting zone, but found it so dumbed down(further if possible from Cata), and really uninspiring artistically that I just left the area. The game has finally cured me of my original amazement, and awe. Time to move on. Too much streamlining, too little server interaction and community brought on by the many changes over time, too little immersion. The game is a sad shadow of its former self, where the immersion has been stripped out so everyone can get the big baddy in the end. If no one can lose, how can anyone succeed? The loss of tiered raiding, and true progression have made this game much less than it once was. I have never even been a consistent raider, but I was proud of my progress, even if it was just Heroics in BC. Eventually I moved through the raids, but I wasn't cutting edge by any means...and still there was something for everyone, a niche, where you could find friends at or near your level still climbing the progress ladder. Wrath was filled w mostly 10 man raiding for me, and as with TBC the 10 level expansion made the leveling mean something, there was real progression in your character as you opened new areas at 77, etc..sadly this franchise is nothing more than a $ generator at this point for Blizz. Nothing original in 2 full expacs, micro-transactions and vanity items everywhere, and no longer an ounce of originality. Whoever is working on the game now just seems tired of it, and waiting for people to break their addiction so they can develop something new. Sad for such a formerly great game. Technically, the game is still sound, that's the only saving grace. Expand
  2. Sep 27, 2012
    Why did i bother to buy it...Biggest buyers remorse of 2012. I EVEN made an account here because im so frustrated. I want my money back blizzard. There is nothing innovating in this game, even **** guild wars 2 brings more to the table than this pile of ****
  3. Sep 27, 2012
    Unless you live in China, you're a massive weeaboo or your IQ is lower than the amount of money you would pay for this game, don't buy it. The game has become a simplistic MMO that requires very little time and effort to play, which is not what I'm looking for. A dumbing down of a genre is what were seeing here.
  4. Sep 27, 2012
    A very good game that brings the fun back into gaming for me. I love being able to group up with my friends from other realms and love the new story-driven expansion. It's very much what I love about Warcraft, intrigue, action, war, history-rich and it also has many new features I can enjoy for a long time. Thanks Blizz.
  5. Sep 27, 2012
    Blizzard failed to deliver anything close to what i expected from a company that gets over 1 000 000$ a month. They cant do anything right these days. This was my last Blizzard game ever, im tierd of their ****
  6. Sep 27, 2012
    The game is fun and entertaining for someone who has taken a long break from away from WoW but many of the changes appear to have dumbed it down such as the talents. I am not sure exactly when Blizzard decided to only allow you to update your talent build every 15 levels since I have been away from WoW for some time, but it is really a step in the wrong direction. Blizzard needs to goThe game is fun and entertaining for someone who has taken a long break from away from WoW but many of the changes appear to have dumbed it down such as the talents. I am not sure exactly when Blizzard decided to only allow you to update your talent build every 15 levels since I have been away from WoW for some time, but it is really a step in the wrong direction. Blizzard needs to go back to the old talent system. Expand
  7. Sep 27, 2012
    Too much of the same. Little to no change what-so-ever despite, and what little new features there are they are patch worthy at best.

Do not buy if you're looking for a dramatic change, the game is just as bland as Cataclysm was.
  8. Sep 27, 2012
    Rehashed content, copy and pasted mobs and scenery, bland solo questing, completely uninspired landscapes and dungeons. The dungeons themselves are really bad rehashes (They cut Vanilla dungeons in half and called it a day) and are overly easy. AoE spam fests with no need to bother with mechanics.

As a matter of fact, ill let Ghostcrawler himself tell you why this expansion sucks and why this dungeon model sucked in WoTLK. --- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2053469 --- As you can see even Blizz realizes how bad this is, but why are they making something they know is bad design? That they criticized themselves for in WoTLK? The simple answer? Money, greed, Activision. This company isnt about gaming, it isnt about making games fun or making games they care about or are inspired to make. Its to make games they couldnt give a crap about to make more $ and it shows. The whole things a bust. 11 years old and under need only apply.
  9. Sep 27, 2012
    First: I really hope this gets posted with paragraphs. I swear they were in here when I submitted this thing.

This expansion is hands down the best they've ever produced. The scenery is beautiful and there's a ton to do. I even find running my own little farm to be surprisingly fun, and I usually hate that kind of thing. It's just tied together so well. They've added content for

They've added content for pretty much every kind of player; from the farm and pet battles, to a lot more daily quests (500+) for end game questing variety, to new dungeons, raids, challenge modes, battle grounds, scenarios (fun little story driven dungeons), etc etc. I've played a lot of other massive games over the last couple of years (but not GW2 so I'm not referring to that here!) and Blizzard still has the best designed quests and encounters, in my opinion. Others are getting better, and Rift is certainly great at churning out content, but when I play WoW those other games just seem unpolished by comparison. Even the combat response times are crisper. There are few things I'd like to see added, inspired by the others, but Blizzard only seems to add things after a lot of thought and testing. Programming something that works for millions of players takes time!

The biggest thing that sets Blizzard apart though is their sense of humor. There's a lot of great references in this game that made me laugh.

So that's my review; it's awesome, and you should try it. If you're burnt out on WoW it might not help, because it's still WoW; not sure why you'd expect it to suddenly be a different game. But if you just got tired of no new content being posted, well, they just posted a TON. And now my personal soap box:

I'll preface this by saying that I'm a fan of Blizzard, but I can acknowledge flaws when I do encounter them. I'm sure the game's not perfect and I just haven't played long enough to run into many flaws yet, and I'm a bit forgiving because of how good my experiences with Blizzard games have been in general.

It seems to me that the biggest problem with WoW is actually a small fraction of the player base leaving reviews and forum posts. There are a lot of negative posts that are good; I'm not talking about those. Some are justifiably upset and offer details on how to fix certain aspects that they disagree with. Most seem to expect a different game, or a system that goes the way they want without realizing there are plenty of people or balance statistics that go the other way. There's a lot of people burned out on the game that don't realize it, and they're a vocal bunch. Then you've got the faction that just thinks everything should be free to play. I imagine they don't like to work and work and not get their pay checks either; not sure why they would expect Blizzard employees to. Others seem to think this is simplified or dumbed down, when gameplay and fights are actually a bit more complex and the mechanics are introduced earlier in the quest lines. I think those people are mis-remembering how content worked in earlier expansions.

Really, if you want to make a choice about the game, play it yourself or ask some trusted friends what they think. People have different opinions. If you find you don't like it, either move on or post some constructive criticism. Try to remember that WoW is made by a bunch of PEOPLE. EA may be a greedy bunch, but the programmers and artists who craft a silly little chipmunk for you to /love are doing something they love and hoping it makes someone smile.
  10. Sep 27, 2012
    What a horrible expansion. Absolutely no innovation, just more of the same but extremely dumbed down this time around. The new talent system is a joke and insults our intelligence, and the pandas running around look really really stupid. Huge disappointment.
  11. Sep 27, 2012
    Very happy with this expansion! The lanscaping is beautiful,. the new new race of pandas gives us all license to just have fun and i find the new class very enjoyable to play. Forget the naysayers..this is a GREAT expansion and though there will be bugs at launch, unless you are a picky person who feeds of the negative..such minor annoyances will not deter you from the fact for once youVery happy with this expansion! The lanscaping is beautiful,. the new new race of pandas gives us all license to just have fun and i find the new class very enjoyable to play. Forget the naysayers..this is a GREAT expansion and though there will be bugs at launch, unless you are a picky person who feeds of the negative..such minor annoyances will not deter you from the fact for once you are allowed to enjoy playing a cartooned character and acting like one. Did i mention that the pet battles are addictive. Have fun in mists of pandera...a breath of fresh air! Expand
  12. Sep 27, 2012
    I am rating this high because I am generally a fan of the WoW franchise. The story and feeling of Mists of Pandaria was interesting enough to keep my hooked 85-90. Now that I am 90 there is so much to do (pet battles, dailies, achievements, heroics, scenarios, challenge modes, etc. etc.) that I am struggling to figure out how to spend my time. The new talent system has managed to giveI am rating this high because I am generally a fan of the WoW franchise. The story and feeling of Mists of Pandaria was interesting enough to keep my hooked 85-90. Now that I am 90 there is so much to do (pet battles, dailies, achievements, heroics, scenarios, challenge modes, etc. etc.) that I am struggling to figure out how to spend my time. The new talent system has managed to give people options, and in most situations there are not "cookie cutter" builds as we saw in previous iterations of the game. In the end people who enjoy the lore of Warcraft will like this expansion, and the tone it sets. Expand
  13. Sep 27, 2012
    The best expansion so far, and still by far the best MMO. I've played all of the recent MMOs in the last two years. The level of innovation and fun in MoP just blows them all away. A major improvement on Cataclysm, and a must buy for MMO fans.
  14. Sep 27, 2012
    I just came back to WoW for MoP after being discouraged by GW2's dungeon design and even though i was highly skeptic about MoP's concepts they where quickly changed shortly after logging in. Maybe it's because i haven't played WoW in so long but to me MoP is by far the best fun i've experienced since i played vanilla in beta. I also think Monks are one of the best classes Blizz has made,I just came back to WoW for MoP after being discouraged by GW2's dungeon design and even though i was highly skeptic about MoP's concepts they where quickly changed shortly after logging in. Maybe it's because i haven't played WoW in so long but to me MoP is by far the best fun i've experienced since i played vanilla in beta. I also think Monks are one of the best classes Blizz has made, they however a bit simple to play, but never the less i find them the most fun and innovated. Although i told myself i would never but another blizzard product after Diablo 3, i am actually enjoying MoP very much. Expand
  15. Sep 27, 2012
    I am not sure what happened to WoW and why it happened. The game DOES not feel like WoW anymore. The player graphics are just horrid and you really notice this when your Night Elf is standing next to a Panda bear. They should not have released the game without updating 10 year old models that we see every second we are logged on. The monsters and instances are so dumbed down. I feel noI am not sure what happened to WoW and why it happened. The game DOES not feel like WoW anymore. The player graphics are just horrid and you really notice this when your Night Elf is standing next to a Panda bear. They should not have released the game without updating 10 year old models that we see every second we are logged on. The monsters and instances are so dumbed down. I feel no real accomplishment at all. Not sure about you but I don't play video games to run around naked in Org / SW turning people into bunnies. I play for a gaming challenge. It's Blizzards own fault that they have catered to and spoiled gamers into their current shape. Players weren't this terrible in TBC, we ran very tough Heroics because people had to L2play. Now? I guess learning to play is too hard and too much to ask for.

There is nothing exciting or new about MoP, imo. It's just a gear reset, here comes the mindless gear grind all over again.

PvP is atrocious. I have already reached 90 and the same classes blow you up in seconds while your healer is in a 30 second CC chain. I love PvP, but have given up on WoW PvP entirely at this point and will sate my PvP thirst over at GW2.
  16. Sep 27, 2012
    Unfortunately we've just been given a rather lucrative content patch. That said I'm going to give reasons why I'm rating this as negative as I am, WoW as a whole can be rated against a different scale, where-as I'm going to rate Pandaria's features, nothing more. First up is WoW's 'Pokemon' feature. Let me just say what a mess this has been so far. Absolutely rife with bugs currently. ItUnfortunately we've just been given a rather lucrative content patch. That said I'm going to give reasons why I'm rating this as negative as I am, WoW as a whole can be rated against a different scale, where-as I'm going to rate Pandaria's features, nothing more. First up is WoW's 'Pokemon' feature. Let me just say what a mess this has been so far. Absolutely rife with bugs currently. It also seems that STORE BOUGHT pets are inherently more powerful than in-game pets. Painting a rather disturbing picture if you know anything about how 'Pay-to-Win' works. Most pets don't have much to differentiate them other than names, as a lot of pets of the same type share models, save your store bought ones. The mere fact that this creates an entirely other aspect for WoW developers to focus on and balance, rather than the things that matter the most in the game is also perturbing, as we've yet to see what aspects of gameplay will suffer for it. Farmville.. I mean, need I say more. The idea of growing your own cooking mats is nice and all, but most people who haven't used the feature to it's fullest will quickly realize you can only grow a certain and select kind of mats, as well as a limited amount. There are no customization features, really, it's just a plot of land, instanced of course, with a few vegetables scattered around on the ground. In all reality it doesn't come close to it's unofficial name-sake, as I would say the that REAL Farmville offers more enjoyment than this mediocre side-show.

Pandaria. Well. It's Pandaria yes, cool story right? Wrong. The entire area has been cut off from flying mounts. This is of course a mixed blessing in some regards, but a great deal of it is a pain in the ass. Yes, I know, but 'flying mounts ruined the game'. In this case, the lack-there-of is a severe setback as we're literally stuck looking at this supposedly incredible area from one point of view. Flying mounts did a great deal to break up the monotony of linear questing, allowing users to enact some degree of flexibility as to where they quested, and overall just traverse the area better. Forcing players onto a set, linear path, with nothing to break up the grind monotony is just rude and plain boring.

Cross-Realm-Zones, easily the biggest fiasco this game has had in a long time. Rather than spell out it's issues here (there's a lot, I assure you), I'd redirect the user to these threads:

Graphics - They're unfortunately still the same, and now considered rather low-end. With original vanilla models looking like they just got ported in from N64's Banjo & Kazooie. With a Blizzard promise to update character models just recently being trashed in a developer interview, it looks like these abysmal models are here to stay.

Models - Unfortunately enough most of the 'new' models in the game are actually just reskins. If you were to pull up any 'new' mount for example, you could literally find a model dating back to Cataclysm or Wrath, even TBC (i.e. Pandaren Phoenix) that shares a model and animations with it. The lack of new and unique creativity once again in a WoW expansion has put a severe damper on this.

The new talent system is also a giant farce. It's literally dumbed down to the point at which an infant could pick the right talents for the right spec. And even then you'll be hard pressed to find any way you could possibly go outside of Blizzard's stringent policy of holding your hand throughout the game. The whole idea of not having to pick mandatory talents and discouraging min/maxing is still a crock, as not all talents are the same, leading to obvious choices being more.. obvious. Other than that Blizzard really fails to bring anything notable to the expansion. Most of which is unfortunately looking like a play to just recover subscribers from Cataclysm's meltdown. It is unfortunate to see another expansion off to such an awful start, but none-the-less if Blizzard can get it's head out of it's ass and start appealing to gamers, and not children, it may be worth coming back here at the end of the expansion and re-critiquing it.
  17. Sep 27, 2012
    Overall, I like the game. The Jade Forest has been amazing. I have loved the changes to my druid main.

However, leveling my panda monk has been a painful experience due to CRZ(Cross Realm Zones). It kills the experience for me. I can not in good conscience give MoP a good rating until CRZ is removed, or we are given an option to opt-out. Overall, good game design. However, CRZ

Overall, good game design. However, CRZ kills the overall feel of the game for me.
  18. Sep 27, 2012
    Gotta laugh at all the good reviews claiming that people who don't like world of pandas have never even played it. guess what? I just got done playing it and it sucks! Wow is now a game for babies.
  19. Sep 27, 2012
    Bottom Line: in this day and age if you're paying $16 a month for this garbage Blizzard calls a game, the joke's on you. Like they say, a fool and his money is easily parted.
  20. Sep 27, 2012
    I think it's obvious that a lot of the positive reviews here are from the same person....or maybe Blizzard employees trying to cover up how bad MoP really is? Anyway, the xpac is complete garbage and just about everyone I've seen in game is pretty upset about how bad it is. They did nothing to address the real issues and everyone pretty much feels cheated. Good job pissing off yourI think it's obvious that a lot of the positive reviews here are from the same person....or maybe Blizzard employees trying to cover up how bad MoP really is? Anyway, the xpac is complete garbage and just about everyone I've seen in game is pretty upset about how bad it is. They did nothing to address the real issues and everyone pretty much feels cheated. Good job pissing off your players blizzard. Expand
  21. Sep 27, 2012
    I have to wonder how many of these user reviews are from the same user or companies trying to divert users to their games, cause this expansion is awesome. The music is great, the environments are awesome, and the story is interesting. The graphics may not be top of the line, but that broadens the appeal to people who can't afford uber gamer machines, and in spite of that fact,I have to wonder how many of these user reviews are from the same user or companies trying to divert users to their games, cause this expansion is awesome. The music is great, the environments are awesome, and the story is interesting. The graphics may not be top of the line, but that broadens the appeal to people who can't afford uber gamer machines, and in spite of that fact, everything is really good looking. Pandas are awesome and pet battles are supprisingly addictive. I think too many people are expecting it to be some other MMO they've played, but if they would take time to appreciate all this expansion has to offer they might actually enjoy it. Expand
  22. Sep 27, 2012
    Meh, stale unfortunately. The gameplay has not evolved in the slightest, and the mechanics further dumbed down. Eventually they'll be aiming at an age bracket that's in the negatives. Would have been acceptable in 2004 but that was a long time ago.

Disappointed after such a long wait.
  23. Sep 27, 2012
    So far this expansion seems to have a wonderful amount of polish, style and whimsy. Among other things the launch as far as I have seen has been nearly flawless - no hiccups whatsoever. With blizzard's attention to extending the end-game (we'll have to see how that plays out) I really don't see why metacritic has so much early hate for it. If anything, the slew of game reviews of tensSo far this expansion seems to have a wonderful amount of polish, style and whimsy. Among other things the launch as far as I have seen has been nearly flawless - no hiccups whatsoever. With blizzard's attention to extending the end-game (we'll have to see how that plays out) I really don't see why metacritic has so much early hate for it. If anything, the slew of game reviews of tens or zeroes with bad explanations only exposes how many people impose predetermined biased reviews on this website. Expand
  24. Sep 27, 2012
    Many people had preconceived notions regarding what this expansion would be like, and what it would entail. Personally, my favorite WoW expansion was Wrath of the Lich King, and my least favorite was Cataclysm, so coming into Mists of Pandaria I had mixed feelings. On one hand, it looked like many of the changes Blizzard was implementing were good for the game, fixing many of theMany people had preconceived notions regarding what this expansion would be like, and what it would entail. Personally, my favorite WoW expansion was Wrath of the Lich King, and my least favorite was Cataclysm, so coming into Mists of Pandaria I had mixed feelings. On one hand, it looked like many of the changes Blizzard was implementing were good for the game, fixing many of the problems that Cataclysm created regarding talents and gameplay. On the other hand, Pandas. Having gotten over my Pandaphobia, I ventured out into Pandaria and began my adventure. Turns out the game is still fun after 8 years, and looks absolutely stellar for its age. I've had zero issues with stability, and the dungeons, quests, and zones have been great. It's true, the monthly subscription fee is steep for an 8 year old game, but the demand is there to validate it. WoW has always been more of a social experience for me than pure game, and it's still a wonderful excuse to round up the old friends and raiders for another round of conquest and loots. Expand
  25. Sep 27, 2012
    I bought this game because I have been a fan of the series, but it was a mistake. You don't get the same feeling that you did with Vanilla Wow. It feels stale, boring, and not much fun at all. I've only leveled to 86, but the hours I spent doing so felt like a chore. It's just not a fun game anymore. Same old tired formula from 2004: kill 10 boars and come back for xp, rinse and repeat xI bought this game because I have been a fan of the series, but it was a mistake. You don't get the same feeling that you did with Vanilla Wow. It feels stale, boring, and not much fun at all. I've only leveled to 86, but the hours I spent doing so felt like a chore. It's just not a fun game anymore. Same old tired formula from 2004: kill 10 boars and come back for xp, rinse and repeat x 2352362136. It was great then, but I prefer the likes of GW2 these days, and the fact that GW2 is f2p makes me wonder more and more about what blizz has been getting away with. Expand
  26. Sep 27, 2012
    I hate when ppl downvote a game out of principle, but I do empathize with them in this case. At the moment I speak, this game doesn`t deserve more than a 4, from a couple of reasons. First, the game is 10 yrs old, with no major improvement regarding graphics and gameplay since it`s launch (it`s getting dumber, and the playstyle is highly repetitive). Second, this game costs 70% the priceI hate when ppl downvote a game out of principle, but I do empathize with them in this case. At the moment I speak, this game doesn`t deserve more than a 4, from a couple of reasons. First, the game is 10 yrs old, with no major improvement regarding graphics and gameplay since it`s launch (it`s getting dumber, and the playstyle is highly repetitive). Second, this game costs 70% the price of Torchlight2, every month, adding to this is the cost of the expansion(180% the cost of T2, only for an exp). This is OUTRAGEOUS. And don`t lie to yourself that a mmo needs monthly to sustain servers etc. GW2 does it only with the initial cost of the game. For those that get into this money eating machine, you have a major fault in the stagnation of the game industry. I am sorry to say, but atm Blizz just reached the EAjunk business model and the community has a major fault for this. I have played a couple of hours on a friend`s account, and I can state that the game has passed it`s time, a long time ago. I will stick with the memories that I have with wow from BC and WOTLK.
    Please don`t support this game. You are not only supporting Michael Morhaime to buy another city or so, but you are also sending a clear message to the game dev community that you enjoy monthly subscriptions on utterly foolish games (see swtor).
  27. Sep 26, 2012
    Not sure why the people who are giving good reviews feel the need to discredit and insult those who don't like the game. I personally was hoping pandaria would help WoW, but after playing for a few days I'm done. The expansion stinks. A well deserved 0/10.
  28. Sep 26, 2012
    Blizzard have lost all their good devolopers to other companys. Just look how they **** up every **** expantion pack in a 4 years row now and every single **** title after WoW.

MoP delivered nothing new to the game except some **** chinese pandas. Same reskined bosses, same scripted boss fights , worthless pvp with no **** balance at all.
  29. Sep 26, 2012
    This is a review of two things, actually, so take it as such. MoP is...another xpac. With pandas. Is it fun? Yes, of course. It's still the same gear treadmill and the same fetch quests, but that's always been WoW, so I'm used to it. The new zones are beautiful. The music is great. Monks are a fun class, even if they did **** with them a bit so as not to offend people because they're doingThis is a review of two things, actually, so take it as such. MoP is...another xpac. With pandas. Is it fun? Yes, of course. It's still the same gear treadmill and the same fetch quests, but that's always been WoW, so I'm used to it. The new zones are beautiful. The music is great. Monks are a fun class, even if they did **** with them a bit so as not to offend people because they're doing drunken monkey style kung-fu like Jackie Chan and we can't offend people who don't drink. Or something. The pandas are charming enough, even if the females are really just a mildly altered redo of the female dwarf. Ji Firepaw is a fun addition. Aysa is...meh. The problem is with CRZ, which has absolutely destroyed the game if you're on a low-pop PVE server. If I wanted to PVP, I would do so. If I wanted to fight with a thousand other people for mats or spawns, I'd have transferred off my low pop and gone to a place where that sort of thing went on. My economy on my server sees no benefits from this amazing new 'feature'. Make no mistake, if you are on a PVE server and you rezone, you will get griefed, heavily. This is unbelievable and stupid. I transferred off my PVP server five years ago so that I didn't have to deal with it. To those of you who enjoy PVP, I'm glad this feature has revitalized your experience playing the game. It has ruined mine. I have friends on my server. I don't need realID either, by the way. I've been playing since vanilla, I can make pals just fine. I can't believe that Blizz would implement this right before MoP dropped. I can't believe they aren't listening to the thousands upon thousands of players on both US and EU servers who are telling them they want to opt out. If Blizz adds the ability to opt-out of CRZ, I'll resub and play again. As it stands now, I'm done, and a lot of other players are too. Bad, bad move. MoP would have gotten a six and fifteen bucks a month from me if it weren't for CRZ. Bye Blizz, it was fun. Expand
  30. Sep 26, 2012
    I hope blizz will finally open their eyes and stop this madness.

I dont hate them but i really dont expect much from them like before.

But i still have big hopes in "Titan" MMO.

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    An expansion worthy of the franchise’s legacy that, according to sales and subscriptions data, pulls the series back on the right track, in a spectacular way. On the other hand however, the limitations of the World of Warcraft platform are similarly underlined. There’s no room for fundamental restructuring of the game. [November 2012]
  2. Nov 25, 2012
    The fourth World of Warcraft expansion set is trying to get back all of those souls lost in last months, even years. At the end of the day it manages to get them back, letting them forget Cataclysm that's been dull as ditch water.
  3. Games Master UK
    Nov 25, 2012
    Another great excuse to delve back into this massive world, though archaic gameplay grates. [Christmas 2012, p.92]