4.7

1. Oct 21, 2012
    I saw a blog post the other day from another MMO developer which talked about how you shouldn't make drastic changes to an MMO after launch, specifically on 'streamlining' the experience. In it, he talks about changes that individuals felt were necessary, but wound up contributing to his game's ultimate decline and demise. That dev was Dan Rubenfield, writing about the NGE patch for StarI saw a blog post the other day from another MMO developer which talked about how you shouldn't make drastic changes to an MMO after launch, specifically on 'streamlining' the experience. In it, he talks about changes that individuals felt were necessary, but wound up contributing to his game's ultimate decline and demise. That dev was Dan Rubenfield, writing about the NGE patch for Star Wars: Galaxies. Now, 5.0 wasn't on the level of NGE, but over the years, things have begun to accumulate that make me question the necessity. The most obvious is the talent point system. Mechanically, it works and I understand why they did it. It is actually nice to be 'viable' regardless of the spec you choose. However, A) you are making choices for your character every 20 levels as opposed to every 2 levels, taking a lot out of the feeling of excitement for levelling up. B) oftentimes it is difficult to decide not because things are so good, but because nothing really appeals to you. C) the change did absolutely nothing to get rid of cookie cutter builds. D) things are seriously, seriously unbalanced - it's like they didn't listen to the beta testers. Another terrible decision was the inclusion of Cross Realm Zones (CRZ). Currently these only affect pre-MoP areas, but they have introduced a host of new bugs and issues, including lag spikes which crash your connection and auto-dismount when crossing zone borders. I play on a full server, and I was blown away when I learned I would have to share space with not only people from my server, but at least 5 other high population servers! Quest mobs are constantly camped, and on pvp servers there is constant ganking by high level players. Absolutely terrible decision. You now get Valor Points for dailies, which on the surface seems like a possibly good change, until you realize rewards for running heroic dungeons are cut in half, and you can only get full rewards once a day. This essentially means daily quests are mandatory, forever. I am not able to play 24/7, so the idea of doing 30+ daily quests every day really turns me off. Anyway, this review isn't so much about Pandaria as it is about the changes that came out in 5.0. I struggled with scoring it because content wise, MoP is ok if a bit lackluster. There wasn't anything that blew my mind in MoP like there was in previous expansions, and the "new features" (pet battles, scenarios) feel tacked on. You will run 4 dungeons while levelling 85-90, then find only 2 new, heroic-only dungeons at 90 (the rest are heroic versions of vanilla dungeons - ugh). I don't like to be a 'sky is falling' type person, but the only thing that can kill WoW is WoW itself, and dammit, they're trying. I don't believe I will be renewing my subscription. Expand
  2. Oct 31, 2012
    I played wow since TBC in chunks of a few months and stopped playing when Cata came out. Cata alienated the game world to me. Everything became streamlined and useless. The worgens on the alliance side were an insult. Then GW2 came out, i tried it and liked it until the first instance - it was a mess, so I dropped GW2 on the same day i went to the first instance. Then pandaria comes out,I played wow since TBC in chunks of a few months and stopped playing when Cata came out. Cata alienated the game world to me. Everything became streamlined and useless. The worgens on the alliance side were an insult. Then GW2 came out, i tried it and liked it until the first instance - it was a mess, so I dropped GW2 on the same day i went to the first instance. Then pandaria comes out, and i bought the expansion and 1-month subscription "just to check it out". Well, did 2 zones (Jade forest and Valley of 4 winds), created a female panda monk character and deleted it immediately because it looked like a fat ugly woman. I simply hate all this new asian content. It's completely out of place and worst of all, the whole expansion is about China. You can't skip it, you can't avoid doing the zones or quests related to China. It's just China everywhere, there is nothing else. Also, the game got even easier than it was before. So, why should i level up the character? What would i find at level 90? Same heroics, than raids, chaotic bgs and arenas where i will always lose because i don't have the gear. And all that now in the chinese setting... This game is gone, Wow died when Cata came out. The painful part for me as a gamer is that WoW will still earn money, but from the different audience now, from the same people who play farms and buy seeds and potions for real money on mobile platforms. This is a new generation of players. They are dumb, lazy and don't see games as challenge or mental exercise. Blizzard is just adapting to them. Pretty soon there will be no place for us "old farts". This all just makes me feel old. The funny part is that this "dumbing" did not start just recently. Even my generation is dumber than the one of my parents. So, lets see where we come in 20 years from now. Kids of our kids will see Pandaria as an impossibly hard game. Expand
  3. Sep 30, 2012
    Once you get past the initial visual wonderland of Pandaria and reach 90, you will find just how shallow this game is. Not only is the game shallow, it is also schizophrenic: On one hand, Blizzard has made it ridiculously easy to complete content with the nerfing of talents and linear structuring of quests. Likewise, responding to complaints from Cataclysm, Blizzard has made HeroicOnce you get past the initial visual wonderland of Pandaria and reach 90, you will find just how shallow this game is. Not only is the game shallow, it is also schizophrenic: On one hand, Blizzard has made it ridiculously easy to complete content with the nerfing of talents and linear structuring of quests. Likewise, responding to complaints from Cataclysm, Blizzard has made Heroic dungeons mindnumbingly easy to the point where a decent tank and healer with 3 mediocre DPS can chain pull entire dungeons. Yet, while they've made dungeon crawling insanely easy compared to early Cataclysm, they've reverted back to Burning Crusade design for reputation grinding. There's even two reputations you can't touch until you've gotten a third, separate, reputation to revered. If you are like me and enjoy having reputations at exalted, prepare to endure a hellishly slow grind of daily quests where you gain only 100-500 rep per quest. They even did a nearly direct copy and paste of the Netherwing Ledge grind from Burning Crusade and called it "Order of the Cloud Serpent" (complete with sky races and rare spawning eggs). Then there's the Tillers, where you have to get reputation with *individual NPCs* in order to get overall reputation. |||| Professions have become markedly easier with most of them easily completed to level 600 well before you reach level 90. On my main, I had enchanting at 600 by 87 and tailoring at 600 by 88. Never in the past have I had all my professions at max *before* I hit max level cap. |||| Pet battles and the Tillers (aka Farmville or Harvest Moon) are nifty but gimmicky and a poor excuse for content. They're nowhere near as good as their original sources so they won't have staying power over time. |||| Frankly, it feels like they don't know where they're going. They've made too much of the game overwhelmingly easy and are trying to use reps as the hook to keep people playing. Unfortunately, it's not 2007 anymore and this isn't Burning Crusade. I struggled through Cataclysm and was actually excited for Pandaria but I find it to be as lacking, if not moreso, than Cataclysm. It would appear, then, that after 8 years, I will likely be bidding adieu to Azeroth as I just don't see the game getting better any time soon. It's sad when pet battles, WoW's version of Farmville/Harvest Moon/SIMS, and the complete trashing of the RPG elements of talents are considered major sales bullet points. Expand
  4. Sep 28, 2012
    Pandas... Excellent, here's a 0 for blizzard. If i could I'd give it -1000. The graphics look like a turd, I have seen PS2 games look better than WoW. Good job blizzard.
  5. Oct 19, 2014
    Pre-Wod patch 6.0.2 dropped recently... Turned the game into something slightly under passable into complete GARBAGE!!! they nerfed classes that didnt need it, many specs are no longer viable in anything EXCEPT RAIDS! Oh god if you have a cast bar, in heroics, when everyone else has the same ilvl, you will do no damage, at all... Druids have yet to have a much needed balance. They halfPre-Wod patch 6.0.2 dropped recently... Turned the game into something slightly under passable into complete GARBAGE!!! they nerfed classes that didnt need it, many specs are no longer viable in anything EXCEPT RAIDS! Oh god if you have a cast bar, in heroics, when everyone else has the same ilvl, you will do no damage, at all... Druids have yet to have a much needed balance. They half implemented a new bag system, however, they forgot to include the most important part, assigning a bag to "Trash items"... Oh wait, nvm, trash items somehow get stored in EQUIPMENT BAGS!!! Absolutely no redeeming elements, now. Its GARBAGE!!!! Go play a better game, ffxiv, swtor, hell even ESO is better than this trash. Expand
  6. Feb 12, 2014
    I know this game isn't exactly for adults, but I never felt that I was in a kid (targeted) game. That is until I fought a boss that consisted of a rabbit burping carrots at me while I played whack-a-mole, then I finished it off by fighting a beer monster in china town. Ugh...I can't do this any more.
  7. Nov 6, 2012
    Is it me? Or am I the only one who thinking the next expansion... if there ever is one. Will be World of Warcaft: Rainbow Pony Friendship? Even when i saw the WoW commercial on TV. I thought it was a trailer for the next Kung Fu Panda and that movie is seriously where I think Blizzard got their ideas from. 0 creativity, 0 thought, and 0 respect toward their loyal players. This game isIs it me? Or am I the only one who thinking the next expansion... if there ever is one. Will be World of Warcaft: Rainbow Pony Friendship? Even when i saw the WoW commercial on TV. I thought it was a trailer for the next Kung Fu Panda and that movie is seriously where I think Blizzard got their ideas from. 0 creativity, 0 thought, and 0 respect toward their loyal players. This game is NOTHING like what it once was. Classic, and Burning Crusade looking back feel like and are a totally different game. It seems like their idea of business is to take your money and for you to shut up. I even tried to give my account to my girlfriend so she didn't haft to buy it. She wanted the account name changed to hers. Customer Service told me we needed to submit 2-3 copies of each of our LEGAL Identification to get a name change. What is this? Here in the US to vote for a President you don't even haft to show ONE piece of ID. LOL and this is for a VIDEO GAME account. But, that didn't end there. The client then proceeded to threaten to ban my account since letting her have/play it was a violation of the EULA. As a BIG leader in the gaming industry i expected more. Collecting millions and billions if revenue a year, they would be the most polished company on earth. But to assume that, you would be DEAD wrong. Expand
  8. Feb 9, 2013
    The economy is inflated, the amount of gear is inflated, the stats are all inflated and an amazingly still on-going stream of bad design choices. It is truly sad to see that World of Warcraft is now on life-support in the form of being spoon-fed yearly expansion-packs that is gradually dumbing the game down in order to slow down the amount of subscribers they're very rapidly losing untilThe economy is inflated, the amount of gear is inflated, the stats are all inflated and an amazingly still on-going stream of bad design choices. It is truly sad to see that World of Warcraft is now on life-support in the form of being spoon-fed yearly expansion-packs that is gradually dumbing the game down in order to slow down the amount of subscribers they're very rapidly losing until they can release their next pile-of-turd MMO known as Titan. Being disappointed far enough by Diablo 3's "Pay 2 Win" auction house I will give everyone this advice from now on: Stay the hell away from Blizzard's new products. They aren't themselves anymore. R.I.P Expand
  9. gas
    Sep 26, 2012
    Im a wow player since classic, i got more than 300 days played on my main char. I played casual, i played hardcore, ive been a heavy raider in tbc, i raided more or less any content.
    I really enjoyed classic and tbc, ive found wotlk a so-so expansion, cata an immense letdown, and pandazz... i feel pandaz is just the right expansion to quit wow.
    The main problem is that Blizzard at a
    The main problem is that Blizzard at a point decided that they were going for the masses,they decided they just wanted to focus on kids with easy content and uber power ranger armors, streamlined abilities, purple epazzz for anyone, and the dictat that every player must be special, making ofc everyone plain normal.
    I can understand that, game industry is business ofc, anyway they sadly ruined a great game.
    Leveling is plain stupid since wotlk, there is never a single challenge, its boring and it gives zero satisfaction.
    Everyone hate leveling in wow, Blizzard instead of makin it more challening and epic, they think that to make it more interesting it must be super fast and super easy.. damnz just stop with leveling maybe ?
    The idea that the game starts at end level and prior to that its just a boring rush, has been implemented by blizzard itself, thats crazy.
    Really i think there are not anymore gamers at blizzard developing games, there are economists in Blizzard developing games, this is the main problem.
    PvP in wow has always been not very balanced, uber geared ppl having fun in razing no geared ppl in bgs, world pvp has been completely murdered with fly mounts, and i cant get why Blizzard continued to allow pvp gear in pve and vice-versa which always created a lot of issues, especially pve players forced to play pvp to get specific rewards to go on easier in pve.
    The addition of fly mounts and million of portals since TBC ruined totally the sense of multiplayer ,as if you are out of the actual content zones or the main city, you will basically play alone and will not see any other player around.
    Actually in wow there is not anymore the feeling of doing something epic, any item/mount is rare just for 1 or 2 month at best, anyone can do anything with little or no effort.
    Maybe the player base wants that, a Kung Fu Panda toon nice and funny, nonsense pet nice and funny combat, new hairstyles, super huge shoulders, lore and quests funny and stupid, LFR to make every raid a cake, basically all things appealing for kids and console gamers.
    Wow can go on with this formula i guess even another 10 years maybe, but its not more wow, its just a dumbed down version of itself.
    Tbh i could write 20 pages of reasons why wow turned from a great game to a piece of garbage, but i stop here.
    I can say vanilla wow stays at civilization II like pandaz stays at farmville, Go Bli$$ard earn more cash!
    Adios WOW it has been fun.
  10. Jun 5, 2014
    The definition of dropping the ball, World of Warcraft is as of today the biggest misguided MMO I've ever seen. Class & race balances are shuffled around with the same kind of care and thought as a rabid wolf trying to eat a bloody stake and I don't mean any puns with that due to the ongoing balance right now having hunters be the masters of DPS, burst and manouverability all at once.The definition of dropping the ball, World of Warcraft is as of today the biggest misguided MMO I've ever seen. Class & race balances are shuffled around with the same kind of care and thought as a rabid wolf trying to eat a bloody stake and I don't mean any puns with that due to the ongoing balance right now having hunters be the masters of DPS, burst and manouverability all at once.

All that is left of this soulless game is meaningless grinding in the form of laughable "daily missions" which was Blizzard's trumphcard to try and make people come back to the game but ultimately only served to reinforce the notion that blizzard priorities income>fun instead of making genuinely fun and enjoyable products.

I can only hope that they will not also screw up Heroes of the Storm.
  11. Sep 28, 2012
    WoW was a fantastic game in the past. It was filled with adventure, discovery, and most importantly, teamwork. However, the game has been going downhill recently with the release of the new expansion, the Mists of Pandaria. It has become too simplistic, and plays like a console game. There is no sense of accomplishment and adventure anymore. Clearly, Blizzard is now targeting a differentWoW was a fantastic game in the past. It was filled with adventure, discovery, and most importantly, teamwork. However, the game has been going downhill recently with the release of the new expansion, the Mists of Pandaria. It has become too simplistic, and plays like a console game. There is no sense of accomplishment and adventure anymore. Clearly, Blizzard is now targeting a different demographic - the game is now for kids. If you enjoy paying a monthly fee AND playing with (other) children, this game might be for you. Expand
  12. Sep 26, 2012
    Oh god. Just what everyone was afraid of. Dumbed down talent systems, click-to-start/win everything, bringing in a species as the titular characters which doesn't fit in the game at all (they were intended as easter eggs and minor characters in Warcraft 3). A few days before this game's announcement, an employee said they would never include pandas in games, they only see them to be inOh god. Just what everyone was afraid of. Dumbed down talent systems, click-to-start/win everything, bringing in a species as the titular characters which doesn't fit in the game at all (they were intended as easter eggs and minor characters in Warcraft 3). A few days before this game's announcement, an employee said they would never include pandas in games, they only see them to be in comics and mangas. Well, it looks like they found out where the game is the most profitable (Asians) and they decided to make it look like as much as the asian culture as they could (Great Wall, pandas of course, the music). The only problem is, almost no one is happy about the changes (Asians included). I mean, the Deus Ex games and Tomb Raider 2 are among my favorite games, and they are influenced by asian cultures a lot, but, again, it simply doesn't fit Warcraft at all. Blizzard, it's a shame how much you let money take over this franchise and (as much as I am ashamed to say this) I hope WoW dies as soon as possible, because this game is starting to be like the exact opposite of the original WoW. Activision, I remember when you published quality games like Jedi Outcast 10 years ago, since then, most of your games are equal to pure crap. You also let yourself to be a money-hungry company and it's obvious your hand is in this, too. If you listen to me, don't buy this game if you're still playing. Go to another MMO, go to a Vanilla/TBC private realm, do whatever you want, just avoid this game like the plague. Expand
  13. Feb 24, 2014
    The quality of this expansion vary on where are you coming from. If you want a cheerful asian-themed MMORPG resembling Diablo III with game mechanics, then this expansion might be pretty good for you. If you played all the other expansions of WoW, you might be disappointed. If you play RPGs for story, character progression, atmosphere, immersion etc. don't even bother considering it. IfThe quality of this expansion vary on where are you coming from. If you want a cheerful asian-themed MMORPG resembling Diablo III with game mechanics, then this expansion might be pretty good for you. If you played all the other expansions of WoW, you might be disappointed. If you play RPGs for story, character progression, atmosphere, immersion etc. don't even bother considering it. If you played the original WoW and TBC and have no experience with later expansions, stay away from this. WoW is no longer a game for the RPG crowd. I played this expansion briefly, finished the story-line in few days and was done with it. All the other expansions left at least some feeling in my. This one... complete hollowness. The game has become very shallow and it aims at players with no imagination, inteligence and self-respcet. One point for all what is left in the game from its original. One point for the very few people I can still meet there and have a chat with them. Expand
  14. Oct 13, 2012
    Well look at that, bet you never thought WoW xpacs would become the same as CoD- just releasing the same game but with new skins. And like every year's CoD, the fanbois devour it and let Blizz in turn devour their money.
    Vanilla WoW- fantastic for its time. BC- perhaps the height of mmos across the board. WotLK- sure, starting to weaken, but some great ideas like Wintergrasp and new pvp types, and some fantastic dungeons like Ulduar which had fights that were challenging, accessible and enjoyable all at the same time.
    Cataclysm was a mistake- but, at least it had some enjoyable parts like the new starting areas, and a story which while lacking any depth at least completely fit the game.

Pandaria is to WoW what Twilight is to vampires- a really bad fanfic of something otherwise at least decent. Sad thing is, Bella and Mister Sparkles is still a better love story than lol-Kung Fu Pandaren. I picked the game up because I'd grown frustrated and bored with the extreme repetition in GW2, and lack of endgame of SWTOR- but Pandaria quickly made both those games look godly in comparison. This and Diablo 3 have sealed it- Blizzard's dead, replaced by Activision, not unlike how EA killed Bioware- I have utterly lost interest in Titan if this is what we should expect from it.
  15. Jun 15, 2013
    Major letdown. Questing feels like a chore Takes forever to get to 90 lvl.
    Stupid lore WORST pvp balance so far LFR Casuals everywhere. Monks are lame.
    AND even now it still costs 20 to migrate 1 character I have 10 character so it would cost me 200 to migrate them all to other server. And reason why this is a problem for me is that my server died around Cataclysm times .
    Major letdown. Questing feels like a chore Takes forever to get to 90 lvl.
    Stupid lore WORST pvp balance so far LFR Casuals everywhere. Monks are lame.

If im lucky there will be 2-3 alliance in Tol'Barad battle At best gametime there might be 35-45 90 lvl.s online. And yet we get no free migrate out of the server .

Blizzard doesent give a about they'r fans Migrate costing 20 just proves it.
  16. Oct 1, 2012
    Pet duels? Pandas? What the heck is this crap. After the fiasco that is DIablo 3, this game seals it for Blizzard's demise. The collector's edition is ok, but the included digital addons for their other games are just a major disappointment.
  17. Dec 28, 2012
    This is a game for little kids.
    Full of cartoony things,they removed real talents,gave nothing to the storyline,ni epicness.
    It has some good things,but its literally worth a **** 0. i dont wanna watch pandas dance,i want to see sargeras,azshara as nage,or even the past kalimdor or draenor.Im sorry for the world of warcraft,it's dead,now what you can play is a funny action game without
    This is a game for little kids.
    It has some good things,but its literally worth a **** 0.
    i dont wanna watch pandas dance,i want to see sargeras,azshara as nage,or even the past kalimdor or draenor.Im sorry for the world of warcraft,it's dead,now what you can play is a funny action game without storyline.I hoped the realise and fix their mistakes of cataclysm,but 2bad they ruined 2 games,only starcraft franchise remains,and they made me not buy that after what they did with diablo and wow.
    thanks for reading have fun on cracked servers or **** up yourself with pandas playin pokémon.
  18. Oct 2, 2012
    When a company decides to make an easter egg in warcraft III the new mighty race of Azeroth, it kinda shows how Cata was indeed the end of the world. The pandas don't fit in this universe, and the pokemon pet system doesn't help. This isn't azeroth anymore, this is rainbow and unicorns land. Let your 12 year old kid play it and move on.
  19. Sep 29, 2012
    Sad to see WoW fall so low. A little background about me: I played vanilla when it first came out, cleared Naxx, did mostly arena in TBC, and only got to level 78 in WotLK. I returned for Cata briefly but quit at level 69 (I lost my old account).

The game that was once tough and fun is now just casual trash. Once, the game catered to people who had played Warcraft III, StarCraft, Diablo, and just real gamers in general. Now those demographics are entirely alienated in favor of Farmville types of players. They should just make it free to play at this point; I am not coming back to this and I don't miss the game at all. The game has been oversimplified thanks to incessant whining from the lowest common denominator. The game assumes you're so stupid it's offensive. It's a stark betrayal of the fans that propelled this game in the beginning. Every decision Blizzard has made since TBC has been to expand its user base and dumb down the game at the cost of anything. At this point, they have polarized their audience and squandered any vestige of good will they had left. I, personally, will never buy another Blizzard game. I am glad I just played this at my friend's house and not myself.
  20. Sep 25, 2012
    So, how can we reduce even more content for our players? Oh I know! How about we take away good story elements (or any story for that matter), refuse to innovate more on the game play and reduce areas of content just a bit so that we are giving less and less (I will get into that in a bit) people might say I haven't played it enough since it was mainly just beta that I was most likely toSo, how can we reduce even more content for our players? Oh I know! How about we take away good story elements (or any story for that matter), refuse to innovate more on the game play and reduce areas of content just a bit so that we are giving less and less (I will get into that in a bit) people might say I haven't played it enough since it was mainly just beta that I was most likely to have played, but,, for now, i'm talking about content, and there really isn't a lot in this game. From what I understand, there is no new world BG, Tol'Barard was horrible because it had nothing different or new about it, it was basically AB but dumbed down to a game with literally a few strategies that people couldn't understand (at least on my server) just mass attack one place while defending the other in a repeating cycle. Also, this game seems to have no story, so you would thing that they would add more or better BGs right? Well only 2, and they aren't anything too new in terms of other games that have come out, mine cart garding, really? Whats next blizzard? Oooh ooh, kill confirmed? How about a Co Op mode where you fight zombies or robots? I know i'm kind of being a d*ck at this point, but really, there is nothing new and to make matters worse, you are getting less from the expansion, this wouldn't be so bad if it had an epic PVE story mode, but I have yet to find something intriguing. I think the biggest flaw since cata was creative designing,,,, where the hell is it? Everything since Cata feels like anything good stripped down to something extremely basic yet so bad that improving it wouldn't really make the core game play (Like TB) any better, it would just be masking it. I'm also rating it on the fact that I can't even install the freaking optimization patch, i get internet errors from blizzard telling me to check my connection, I have, and guess what, I'm fine, my friend is having the same problem, we both got good rigs and good internet, today the download bar moved to 0.5 before giving me this error, that only took a week... Look,,, iv'e been playing WoW since Burning Crusade, I was one of the first people on my server when it was starting, I have enjoyed WotLK because it had brought in cool new mechanics, but when Cata came, the quests were good in my opinion but the raiding and the dungeons were terrible, they started recycling more dungeons from the past to improvise extra stuff, we have been on a decline on brand new dungeons/raids/arena maps/Bgs since cata, we are paying 15 bucks a month and 40 dollars for each expansion that brings less and less, this needs to stop blizzard, stop being so high and mighty, and listen to your players.... Have a good one... Expand
  21. Jan 8, 2013
    I may look like a simple hater by giving this game a 0, but it is entirely justified. This "expansion" is an example of Blizzard's greed and disrespect for their best franchise. They killed off all the major characters and gave them obnoxious canon backstories, thus completely destroying everything Warcraft III could have lead to. All the villains got killed off unceremoniously by "a groupI may look like a simple hater by giving this game a 0, but it is entirely justified. This "expansion" is an example of Blizzard's greed and disrespect for their best franchise. They killed off all the major characters and gave them obnoxious canon backstories, thus completely destroying everything Warcraft III could have lead to. All the villains got killed off unceremoniously by "a group of heroes", and now that they have no more characters to spit on so they could make money, they turn an April Fools joke into an "expansion". I say "expansion" because it isn't really an expansion to WoW, as it is to Cataclysm. Cataclysm changed WoW so much it is basically an entirely new game. But by making it an expansion, Blizzard forces people to play it if they want WoW, as they would ignore it if it were a separate game. It started plunging WoW into a pit of casual gaming, and Mists of Pandaria does that even further, and like Cataclysm, makes old content people worked hard for - obsolete and useless. This blatant, disrespectful money-maker is an insult to Warcraft and an insult to everyone who ever paid to play World of Warcraft. I'd rather give my money to EA. Instead of focusing on fixing this and working on Warcraft IV, they keep butchering the canon so much that such a game will soon be impossible. Kudos to you, Blizzard, I hope you enjoy your money. Expand
  22. Jun 5, 2014
    I felt like this expansion started out VERY strong. I was impressed with the story and all the zones. That is, until I finished the quests and was left with dailies. This is the first expansion that I felt had not a single fun raid boss fight. Every raid was hard and tedious for the sake of being hard and tedious, nothing was made to be fun and challenging a the same time. Hell, even theI felt like this expansion started out VERY strong. I was impressed with the story and all the zones. That is, until I finished the quests and was left with dailies. This is the first expansion that I felt had not a single fun raid boss fight. Every raid was hard and tedious for the sake of being hard and tedious, nothing was made to be fun and challenging a the same time. Hell, even the previous expansion had enjoyable fights and people complain about those being hard all the time! The sheer amount of daily grind that I had to do prevented me from fully enjoying PVP and raid content and was pushed out of raiding and PVP for the first time in any expansion. Many of my friends came back to this expansion excited but quickly left after 2 months. Failure to keep players is not the fault of the player! The community has utterly destroyed this game's enjoyment for me and I'm sure many others.
    Final thoughts; Game grinds to a painful stop once you hit 90 and have to grind (even after all the changes made), getting into normal pick up groups (what I considered to be a staple of wow raiding) is impossible due to a toxic community. The community being toxic is a strange side effect of the internet an while I can't say WOW invented the problem (it's a problem in every mmo) it ruins the game!
    At the start of the game it was going to get a 10; -2 for grinding problems -2 community -2 for ending the expansion on a grind island. -1 for being unable to keep players interested (lack of innovation?).
  23. Sep 12, 2014
    Pros: N/A

Pros: N/A

Cons: "Pandaria" is obnoxious and didn't exist in the lore until Activision-Blizzard wanted to contrive another money-grubbing expansion for the game; the Panda-China theme is unneeded and annoying, and probably shows Blizzard's new market bias; the game lore was destroyed after Deathwing came back to life for the "Cataclysm expansion; highly inflationary economy; terrible leveling and gear systems where for example a level one character cannot even harm a level 80; each new expansion effectively resets the game, making your previous achievements through time invested worthless; game is deliberately designed like a giant money-generating hamster wheel for the players to run on, that is it rewards time invested very much and actual skill very little; once a new expansion is out, you can really no longer play the older versions of the game you had paid for.

Score Breakdown: Sound Effects and Music 9/10, Game Stability 8/10, Graphics 8/10, Loading Screens and Frame Rate 5/10, Voice Acting 5/10, Background Story 1/10, Plot Development 0/10, Realism 0/10, Gameplay 0/10, Replay Value 0/10, Game Publisher's Ethics -100/10, Total Score 0/10

Conclusion: Ignore this game instead of playing or buying it.
  24. Sep 26, 2012
    This is a review of two things, actually, so take it as such. MoP is...another xpac. With pandas. Is it fun? Yes, of course. It's still the same gear treadmill and the same fetch quests, but that's always been WoW, so I'm used to it. The new zones are beautiful. The music is great. Monks are a fun class, even if they did **** with them a bit so as not to offend people because they're doingThis is a review of two things, actually, so take it as such. MoP is...another xpac. With pandas. Is it fun? Yes, of course. It's still the same gear treadmill and the same fetch quests, but that's always been WoW, so I'm used to it. The new zones are beautiful. The music is great. Monks are a fun class, even if they did **** with them a bit so as not to offend people because they're doing drunken monkey style kung-fu like Jackie Chan and we can't offend people who don't drink. Or something. The pandas are charming enough, even if the females are really just a mildly altered redo of the female dwarf. Ji Firepaw is a fun addition. Aysa is...meh. The problem is with CRZ, which has absolutely destroyed the game if you're on a low-pop PVE server. If I wanted to PVP, I would do so. If I wanted to fight with a thousand other people for mats or spawns, I'd have transferred off my low pop and gone to a place where that sort of thing went on. My economy on my server sees no benefits from this amazing new 'feature'. Make no mistake, if you are on a PVE server and you rezone, you will get griefed, heavily. This is unbelievable and stupid. I transferred off my PVP server five years ago so that I didn't have to deal with it. To those of you who enjoy PVP, I'm glad this feature has revitalized your experience playing the game. It has ruined mine. I have friends on my server. I don't need realID either, by the way. I've been playing since vanilla, I can make pals just fine. I can't believe that Blizz would implement this right before MoP dropped. I can't believe they aren't listening to the thousands upon thousands of players on both US and EU servers who are telling them they want to opt out. If Blizz adds the ability to opt-out of CRZ, I'll resub and play again. As it stands now, I'm done, and a lot of other players are too. Bad, bad move. MoP would have gotten a six and fifteen bucks a month from me if it weren't for CRZ. Bye Blizz, it was fun. Expand
  25. Sep 26, 2012
    Let me start by saying Mists of Pandaria is not a bad expansion, WoW itself is not a bad game, it's just not great or Epic anymore, or at least as it used to be. The main problem of Mists it's just more of the exact same thing of the past 5 years, in fact it could very easily be a DLC. 5 more levels of the same quests, handful of more dungeons, couple more BGs, raids, and a re-shuffledLet me start by saying Mists of Pandaria is not a bad expansion, WoW itself is not a bad game, it's just not great or Epic anymore, or at least as it used to be. The main problem of Mists it's just more of the exact same thing of the past 5 years, in fact it could very easily be a DLC. 5 more levels of the same quests, handful of more dungeons, couple more BGs, raids, and a re-shuffled talent tree. That has been the motto for Blizzard and WoW every since Burning Crusade. More importantly is the direction that the game started to take back in Wotlk, which is faster, simpler, easier and grindy. Normally those are good attributes, but not in a game. It basically stripped off WoW of its epicness, the feeling of adventure, hard work, difficulty, skill and challenge. It became a very easy, dumbed down mind-numbling grind, with no sense of challenge, adventure or worthwhile reward. And unfortunately, Mists of Pandaria is more of that, the same formula of 5 years ago heading even further down the road of streamlined dumbed down games. It's clear that Blizzard is heading that direction for a reason, to appeal to the younger newer crowd in order to continue selling copies and micro-transactions, not necessarily to continue making a better, more Epic game. Mists is very mediocre, specially when you compare it to new releases out there of MMOs and RPGs. With Guild Wars 2 being free-to-play I can't believe Blizzard has the face to charge monthly subscription for WoW anymore, or to continue to butcher their customer's pockets with elevated prices for extra stuff, like transfers, etc. The new class, slightly better graphics, new race and few other additions here and there unfortunately go un-noticed due to the other things that are just mediocre at best. Conclusion: Mists is just another WoW expansion, more of the same ol', very VERY little improvement if at all, that unfortunately goes overshadowed by the very poor direction where the game has been heading since Wotlk. Mists didn't cause WoW to lose it's Epicness, sense of adventure, challenge or skill/reward system, it hasn't been a trend since few expansions ago, however Mists continues that trend, which is bad. In top of that, we are talking about a very wealthy company with a lot of resources, and comparing to other free-to play releases (GW2) it just falls way, wayyy too short. Expand
  26. Oct 18, 2012
    18OCT2012 - What else can I say about this expansion except Truly Awful. The kung fu pandas are way over the top to the point of being unbearably obnoxious. The panda characters and animations look stupid and clunky. Their voice acting is borderline offensive Asian stereotype. As expected, Blizzard pulled their usual lame tricks and recycled old content over and over. Very little is18OCT2012 - What else can I say about this expansion except Truly Awful. The kung fu pandas are way over the top to the point of being unbearably obnoxious. The panda characters and animations look stupid and clunky. Their voice acting is borderline offensive Asian stereotype. As expected, Blizzard pulled their usual lame tricks and recycled old content over and over. Very little is actually original work. Thankfully most of the Kung Fu Panda land is accessible on a trial account which saved me from purchasing this awful piece of garbage. If there was ever any doubt that Blizzard doesn't know what they're doing anymore, this expansion is proof of it. Don't trust the "professional" reviews here on metacritic because they're often paid to write a good review. I doubt any of them even know what World of Warcraft is nor how low Blizzard has sunk. Expand
  27. Jan 12, 2014
    I played it for 8 years and I was, at different times, role-player with quests, profession farmer, gold farmer, explorer, serious raider and a sad veteran in the end. Its just not what it used to be. I put some things that players might remember or want back:

1) Mounts became useless and easy to get, you can summon and wait EVERYTHING. You pet may get one any of these days. 2)

2) Professions are easy and good for I don't know what anymore...
    3) You may get lvl 90 without questing and using LFG/LFR easily
    4) Epic items are easier to get when compared to common and uncommon. The hardest to find are the gray items that we use to sell when questing.( prove is that enchanting mats from epics most times are the cheapest available in AH)
    5) Classic dungeons are so dead...
    6) The old expansions have no value AT ALL. They are needed because they are pre-requisite for the new one. The old raids have no real value.
    7) Old areas have no real value, they are totally dead
    8) World pvp for resources, dungeon summon, fun are GONE forever...
    9) BARRENS CHAT is no more...
    10) STV pvp have vanished...
    11) Auction house, well... I won't even comment...

That's it...we need to wait for the next real good MMO, because right now there is no heir to WoW in the market.
  28. Oct 3, 2012
    Activision was the death of blizzard as we once knew them. Everything they release is an obvious attempt at getting as much money from the consumer as possible. This isn't as bad as diablo 3, but it's a very close second. Nothing innovative with this expansion. Hit the level cap in a day or two, and back to the same old stuff. Sorry but this wasn't fun during WOTLK and it isn't now.
  29. Oct 7, 2012
    Isn't this like Diablo3 simplified talent system for kids between ages 7-12 cartoony graphics. Cute panda bears for kids and of course you are able to play monk class. Similarity kung fu panda children movie is obvious. All time favourite is of course is implementing pokemon pets to game another feature that is bound to draw 7-12 years to play. After wotlk game has just been steadily beenIsn't this like Diablo3 simplified talent system for kids between ages 7-12 cartoony graphics. Cute panda bears for kids and of course you are able to play monk class. Similarity kung fu panda children movie is obvious. All time favourite is of course is implementing pokemon pets to game another feature that is bound to draw 7-12 years to play. After wotlk game has just been steadily been simplified cata was crap but at least had 10 points of talents to distribute "freely" ill bet pandaria is even more crap with cookie cutter abilities easily seen from really limited abilities. Really not worth about 60 euros to even test for month. Expensive and there are loads of better mmo games in market atm. Expand
  30. Sep 26, 2012
    Graphics are better than the old WoW but the fun factor has left. There is absolutely no challenge whatsoever. It feels like a game for simplistic children. What happened Blizzard? Where are you?
  31. Sep 28, 2012
    Holy Cow! Blizzard really jumped the shark with this one. YES people wanted more races....but that should have been done early and often- finally adding one all these years later is more like a slap in the face to the players who gave up playing because of how static the game world has become. The fact that they were too lazy to make new races for both sides (or even *gasp* add a new sideHoly Cow! Blizzard really jumped the shark with this one. YES people wanted more races....but that should have been done early and often- finally adding one all these years later is more like a slap in the face to the players who gave up playing because of how static the game world has become. The fact that they were too lazy to make new races for both sides (or even *gasp* add a new side to the war) also hurts the games premiss. Expand
  32. Oct 15, 2012
    First: a copy of Asia in WoW? That's not cut, that's not creative - that's simply cheap. Same with the whole armory. Compared to the gear and level design in Cata, MoP is simply crap. Next thing: the talent "tree". That's no tree at all. It even doesn't have talents. It's just choosing 6 skills. Some of them are pretty cool, many are just copies of old talents - the real ones. That sucks.First: a copy of Asia in WoW? That's not cut, that's not creative - that's simply cheap. Same with the whole armory. Compared to the gear and level design in Cata, MoP is simply crap. Next thing: the talent "tree". That's no tree at all. It even doesn't have talents. It's just choosing 6 skills. Some of them are pretty cool, many are just copies of old talents - the real ones. That sucks. Next: the PVP. They all call it the "PVP Addon". Did anyone of these guys even play PVP in GW2? WoW never was a PVP-MMO and it never will be one. PVP boring as always. Last: the endgame content. Well, the only reason I give 2 Points for: it's a bit harder to beat. But I bet they will patch it easier, as they always did. I really loved WoW, but it's old and boring now. The world and the whole gameplay are so stiff like an 90 year old guy and its simply ridiculous how WoW tries to copy GW2 and other MMOs with it's scenarios and Pokemon stuff. That's simply cheap. Expand
  33. Sep 27, 2012
    I hate when ppl downvote a game out of principle, but I do empathize with them in this case. At the moment I speak, this game doesn`t deserve more than a 4, from a couple of reasons. First, the game is 10 yrs old, with no major improvement regarding graphics and gameplay since it`s launch (it`s getting dumber, and the playstyle is highly repetitive). Second, this game costs 70% the priceI hate when ppl downvote a game out of principle, but I do empathize with them in this case. At the moment I speak, this game doesn`t deserve more than a 4, from a couple of reasons. First, the game is 10 yrs old, with no major improvement regarding graphics and gameplay since it`s launch (it`s getting dumber, and the playstyle is highly repetitive). Second, this game costs 70% the price of Torchlight2, every month, adding to this is the cost of the expansion(180% the cost of T2, only for an exp). This is OUTRAGEOUS. And don`t lie to yourself that a mmo needs monthly to sustain servers etc. GW2 does it only with the initial cost of the game. For those that get into this money eating machine, you have a major fault in the stagnation of the game industry. I am sorry to say, but atm Blizz just reached the EAjunk business model and the community has a major fault for this. I have played a couple of hours on a friend`s account, and I can state that the game has passed it`s time, a long time ago. I will stick with the memories that I have with wow from BC and WOTLK.
    Please don`t support this game. You are not only supporting Michael Morhaime to buy another city or so, but you are also sending a clear message to the game dev community that you enjoy monthly subscriptions on utterly foolish games (see swtor).
  34. Nov 7, 2012
    World of Daily Questcraft. WoW has devolved into a rep grind. What started out as Shattered Sun daily quests in The Burning Crusade where one could do them all in an hour, now dailies have evolved into a 3 to 4 hour grind (depending on server and if you are doing them at peak time). Other than that, the story arc is the same as the last 2 expansions: 1. New world is discovered, 2. AllianceWorld of Daily Questcraft. WoW has devolved into a rep grind. What started out as Shattered Sun daily quests in The Burning Crusade where one could do them all in an hour, now dailies have evolved into a 3 to 4 hour grind (depending on server and if you are doing them at peak time). Other than that, the story arc is the same as the last 2 expansions: 1. New world is discovered, 2. Alliance and Horde compete for colonization, 3. A great evil awakens to threaten the very fabric of existence, and 4. Blizzard takes a year rolling out the content to save the world in 2 to 4 content patches before they announce another expansion to reset the cycle. Do not buy! You won't have time to enjoy this game unless you are unemployed and on welfare. This game has become a job. Expand
  35. Sep 25, 2012
    There isn't anything new here in WoW. Same ol' repetitive scheme of grinding through pointless new lands that nobody will go back to in later content. Weird to have a Panda Bear playing in World of Warcraft as well .... I guess some back room editor went to work and cut/edit the original lore of this game but ORCS vs. Humans is long gone for those mac players :). THis game is to bring inThere isn't anything new here in WoW. Same ol' repetitive scheme of grinding through pointless new lands that nobody will go back to in later content. Weird to have a Panda Bear playing in World of Warcraft as well .... I guess some back room editor went to work and cut/edit the original lore of this game but ORCS vs. Humans is long gone for those mac players :). THis game is to bring in younger players with the cute little pandas in the video game b/c majority of the original WoW subscribers are all grown up and are no longer teens devoting sheer amounts of time enjoying end game contentt on this MMO. Oh and did I mention you ahve to do repetitive things (grinding dungeons, pvp battle grounds, daily quests) to enjoy end game Raids. Same ol' stuff here just a few new lands that will be dead in about 6 months. Expand
  36. Sep 26, 2012
    Do yourself a favor and stay AWAY from this game. Better, stay away from activision-blizzard as a whole. They are trailing the same path as Electronic Arts.
  37. Nov 20, 2012
    At first I found it good because it was way better then Cata.
    However it's completely destroyed at high levels by the awful daily quest grinds that are a grief fest, a bore fest and an annoying mechanics fest. Blizzard is also cheap on the rewards, with dirty moves like no flying while dead.
    I find myself getting angry each evening while doing these crap daily quests. Nothing good to
    At first I found it good because it was way better then Cata.
    I find myself getting angry each evening while doing these crap daily quests.
    Nothing good to expect from Blizzard any more after Cataclysm, Diablo 3 and now this.
  38. Oct 3, 2012
    This isn't World of Warcraft anymore that game died with Wotlk. With the streamlining of of everything from talents to forming parties this has just became a shell of what it once was. No reason to encourage this kind of mentality.
  39. Sep 25, 2012
    After their Cataclysm expansion, where the main focus landed onto the casual players, i get the feeling after playing about 5 hours that also this expansion will all be about playing as little as you can, but get as much profit and loot as possible. Due to the fact that the previous expansions held on to the core mechanic of the original world of Warcraft, the more you play the better theAfter their Cataclysm expansion, where the main focus landed onto the casual players, i get the feeling after playing about 5 hours that also this expansion will all be about playing as little as you can, but get as much profit and loot as possible. Due to the fact that the previous expansions held on to the core mechanic of the original world of Warcraft, the more you play the better the game becomes. Because of this change i get the feeling, why should i keep paying for something that is not rewarding? It sure is fun don't get me wrong, if you want the hours to keep flowing away. Expand
  40. Oct 14, 2012
    Ok, I may lose credibility right off the bat for saying this, but pandas? really? I know they were in the warcraft games, but they were barely even covered. Why go this route when there are so many other options available, such as the emerald dream, or what happened to alleria and turalyon? Or we could have even fought sargeras and it still would have been more plausible than this BS. MyOk, I may lose credibility right off the bat for saying this, but pandas? really? I know they were in the warcraft games, but they were barely even covered. Why go this route when there are so many other options available, such as the emerald dream, or what happened to alleria and turalyon? Or we could have even fought sargeras and it still would have been more plausible than this BS. My second issue is that this "new" continent is just a reskinned northrend, there is no originality here people. Third, the talent tree changes are just bad, it throws off what balance the classes had, meaning that there is no class balance anymore. Fourth, the community blows ass now, it was bad in cata, but it's even worse here, and when a community sucks in a game which requires massive cooperative effort, you've got a serious **** problem. Fifth, the game brings nothing new to the table, it's just more of the same, get to level cap, grind for gear, grind for more gear, make a new character, rinse and repeat. Sorry people, but if you were looking for something refreshing and new or anything good, go somewhere else, this game sucks now Expand
  41. Mar 29, 2013
    I played world of warcraft since about 2006, stopping on occasions when it got boring between expansions. I like the questing experience, the story, the cutscenes etc. Over time, WoW has gotten much better with the cutscenes, but this is not necessarily implemented effectively. the idea of the world changing, characters walking around and interacting, etc that is GOOD. but when it changeI played world of warcraft since about 2006, stopping on occasions when it got boring between expansions. I like the questing experience, the story, the cutscenes etc. Over time, WoW has gotten much better with the cutscenes, but this is not necessarily implemented effectively. the idea of the world changing, characters walking around and interacting, etc that is GOOD. but when it change to a situation where the cutscene is scripted by the server and it does not wait for your computer to load the world and characters, the cutscene can lose any and al impact that it may have otherwise had. This is the issue that has made me decide to stop playing Mists of Pandaria. although it pains me a great deal to do so, I have to do it because while the story and ideas are good, the way it is presented is so bad, that it upsets me to play it. You could call this incredibly poor choice in programming or system design, and is just one of many poor choices. There is also the decision to tie the graphics engine into the internet connection speed so that if you are lagging, your display becomes choppy. for people with intermittent connections, this makes playing the game almost impossible. lag can be dealt with. sometimes a monster might be slow attacking. that is not the end of the world. but when you cannot run forwards because of the stuttering, you know something is seriously wrong with the game. I had quit WoW for good, but decided to come back for MoP. unfortunately that meant i had to go through all the same areas for the 5th time. This is another massive flaw in the game. having to repeat the same actions over and over again, is not my idea of fun. but anyhow, I had decided to play MoP. I had spent all this time getting to the content I had actually paid for, and now it is nearly un-playable. this has become a colossal waste of my money and time. to say I am feeling upset is a gross understatement. Expand
  42. Sep 27, 2012
    I bought this game because I have been a fan of the series, but it was a mistake. You don't get the same feeling that you did with Vanilla Wow. It feels stale, boring, and not much fun at all. I've only leveled to 86, but the hours I spent doing so felt like a chore. It's just not a fun game anymore. Same old tired formula from 2004: kill 10 boars and come back for xp, rinse and repeat xI bought this game because I have been a fan of the series, but it was a mistake. You don't get the same feeling that you did with Vanilla Wow. It feels stale, boring, and not much fun at all. I've only leveled to 86, but the hours I spent doing so felt like a chore. It's just not a fun game anymore. Same old tired formula from 2004: kill 10 boars and come back for xp, rinse and repeat x 2352362136. It was great then, but I prefer the likes of GW2 these days, and the fact that GW2 is f2p makes me wonder more and more about what blizz has been getting away with. Expand
  43. Jan 2, 2013
    Do you know why WoW was popular once? Did you feel it? Did you try the game when it came out in 2005? Did you then try this new one? Did you feel the difference? You would pay every single coin you got in your bank if they gave us back the first WoW game... this one is not WoW in my opinion and it's never going to be WoW again. WoW kept you addicted for YEARS and you would feckin love it.Do you know why WoW was popular once? Did you feel it? Did you try the game when it came out in 2005? Did you then try this new one? Did you feel the difference? You would pay every single coin you got in your bank if they gave us back the first WoW game... this one is not WoW in my opinion and it's never going to be WoW again. WoW kept you addicted for YEARS and you would feckin love it. In 2005 you just need the World of Warcraft Classic and nothing else for your PC. It would take you MONTHS to level up your character and HOURS to earn money for good gear. THAT WAS REALISTIC. You can't describe it in words. If you didn't try the WoW Classic, Burning Crusade or Lich King you just missed the biggest chance you could ever have in this world. You couldn't get enough. I'm not a nerd :D but that game was not just a MONSTER, it was a BEAST... why? Because this game was full fun in a way it couldn't stop... it just couldn't. People were hangin around pups and drinking beer together, they were hanging around the mountains doing quests at night and eating food together.. they were communicating in a way you couldn't explain. It was good addiction. The game was FULL of gear and stuff. You could even be a workaholic because you need the money that bad to buy gear, mounts, food and much more. I loved this game. They every SINGLE detail of this game from start to scratch. That's why it isn't WoW in my opinion anymore. Why remove something your customers actually liked? Why not develope what they already pay for... the LOVE it... it's great. They just created an entire new game and called it WoW but that's not the game we once liked... that's just a totally new product. Expand
  44. Apr 17, 2013
    Remember when the game was rewarding, and made ditching your girlfriend because it was a raid night and it would take at least 4 hours to get through it okay? Well now you just feel like an idiot, because there is no longer any point to play for more than 2 minutes a day. That is all the time you need to level cap, get geared up, and rape some bosses.

Remember how there was a sense of

Remember how there was a sense of individualism in customizing your character by paving the way each and every level, learning a new trick that goes with the way you play? Blizzard to a dump on that idea and fed to their dogs by destroying the talent trees, and giving every ability you will EVER use at level 10. By the time you are 90 your face will be bruised, because that is all you need to use to play this game. Just smash your face on the keyboard and everything before you will die.

This game sucks, end of story. The ONLY reason I give it a 3 instead of a 0 is because leveling from 85 to 90 wasn't so bad. Its just, when I reached the endgame content (which is where WOW used to truly shine) I said to myself "this game blows massive donkey boner". And that was the end of my experience.
  45. Oct 1, 2012
    Once again Blizzard goes backwards. World of Warcraft mist of Pandaria has been dumbed down so much it feels more like Kitty online then actually world of warcraft. If you are between 2 and 6 years old this game is for you
  46. Oct 2, 2012
    I've played WOW since vanilla, I'm a guild leader, heroic raid leader/tank. I have already got 2 level 90's and 10+ 85's. This game is simply out of date and therefore scores 0 as its no longer relevant to the genre. The developer ruined Diablo now they are in the process of ruining Warcraft. This expansion is obviously a blatant marketing campaign to garner support in Asia. I am not aI've played WOW since vanilla, I'm a guild leader, heroic raid leader/tank. I have already got 2 level 90's and 10+ 85's. This game is simply out of date and therefore scores 0 as its no longer relevant to the genre. The developer ruined Diablo now they are in the process of ruining Warcraft. This expansion is obviously a blatant marketing campaign to garner support in Asia. I am not a fan of Pandas nor Asian architecture. I am a fan of dragons, undead knights and a struggle between good and evil BUT I am forced to eat humble pie by a company that I wont give any of my money to. Guild Wars 2 - modern, more mature player base, sane designers. Mists of Pandaria you are such a disappointing end to whats been a great ride. Expand
  47. Sep 25, 2012
    The death of a giant. Same old same old. No new artwork, bad design, changing things that do not need changing. Voiceovers are bad. Once was a great MMO, now just a stale piece of junk. Blizzard needs to hire people who care about games, not those who just want to make money by insulting the customer.
  48. Oct 4, 2012
    Mists of Pandaria is a very nice looking expansion. After getting my hands on a beta copy though, I discovered that I ran out of original play content within three weeks of very casual play. There is a lot of padding to the game, but if you are interested in seeing new things, and not just the same things at higher difficulty, repeated daily, or with a stop watch, then this expansionMists of Pandaria is a very nice looking expansion. After getting my hands on a beta copy though, I discovered that I ran out of original play content within three weeks of very casual play. There is a lot of padding to the game, but if you are interested in seeing new things, and not just the same things at higher difficulty, repeated daily, or with a stop watch, then this expansion offers under a month of new content. For a game with a price tag of approximately 65$ for a month of play time and the expansion I expected much more.
    Ignoring the excessive play time padding measures that launched with the game a potential buyer should also consider changes in customization options. Talent trees are gone replaced with a small amount of mostly cosmetic ability decisions, I recommend looking at their online talent calculator to see if it provides you with what you are looking for in customization. Gear selection has taken another hit as well. After the decrease in options introduced back when players were given a strong incentive to avoid the gear types of other classes took a major cut in to gearing options, Blizzard has decided to push even harder in to that ideology. Now, gear choices are made for you throughout leveling, often giving you one reward option, that can be changed if you change specs before turning it in. Afterward leveling, there is one correct loot choice for each slot for each class that can be easily determined by checking item level armor type and main stat. It looks like Blizzard took the old joke of having one stat "power" and ran with it, making that only the second joke to become a major offering of this new installment.
  49. Apr 16, 2014
    Blizzard falls further and further away from the once groundbreaking and incredibly enjoyable game experience they once offered. With all the changes, this game will likely never be as good as it once was.
  50. Sep 25, 2012
    MoP is the same old tired mechanics only with a new skin. It has gotten to the point where Blizzard is just shoveling out useless content worse than a Facebook game.
  51. Oct 1, 2012
    Pandas? Just not fun. There are better games out there. Just an excuse to extend WOW subscriptions. Over simplified skill trees, and overly simplified game.
  52. Sep 25, 2012
    It's all well and good to call the low rating givers trolls but the reality is most of us are people who sunk a decent amount of hours in to WoW from the beginning and are sick of the rubbish Blizzard is now flogging us. I was bored of this game within the first few hours and feel like a sucker for buying this after they already ripped me off with Diablo 3. Delete this game from existenceIt's all well and good to call the low rating givers trolls but the reality is most of us are people who sunk a decent amount of hours in to WoW from the beginning and are sick of the rubbish Blizzard is now flogging us. I was bored of this game within the first few hours and feel like a sucker for buying this after they already ripped me off with Diablo 3. Delete this game from existence a release WoW2 revamp starting from Vanilla days. I think that would be 100x better than kiddycore pandaland. If 70% of people rate this game badly you can't just call them all trolls and ignore them... Expand
  53. Mar 13, 2013
    Blizzard: "Let's copy/paste our previous expansions and give it a new look and slightly tweaked mechanics! That way we can get as much money as possible without working on improving the game at all!" MoP is just the same old wow with a new wrapping and unjustified hype. WoW will never be the great game it once was again.
  54. Nov 11, 2014
    This is by far the worst expansion. The story was not very interesting. The game was way too simple and I could barely play the game because of a lack of interest in the topic of the expansion. I like the Asian theme and the Pandaren, but an entire expansion devoted to the topic felt very unnecessary and a bit much. I felt as though it was all nonsense except for the parts regarding theThis is by far the worst expansion. The story was not very interesting. The game was way too simple and I could barely play the game because of a lack of interest in the topic of the expansion. I like the Asian theme and the Pandaren, but an entire expansion devoted to the topic felt very unnecessary and a bit much. I felt as though it was all nonsense except for the parts regarding the Celestials and the Siege of Orgrimmar raid. SoO was the only good part of the story in the entire expansion and it was exciting to take down Garrosh for the first time after almost tearing apart the Horde. I wish Thrall would have played a bigger role in this expansion. Hopefully, Blizzard can fix all their mistakes in Warlords of Draenor. Expand
  55. Sep 25, 2012
    Honestly, there isn't anything new to the game at all. All of the talent that brought up Uldular, WOTLK, are gone. We are left with a hallow shameless company that is tripping over its own feet.

Blizzard used to be a company of gamers making fun games for gamers. Instead, now it has become a soulless extension of Activision and is failing to deliver any fun.
  56. Dec 18, 2012
    Tons of BORING dailies to remain competitive.
    Dailies, Dailies, Dailies, all the way Dailies, again Dailies for rep, Dailies for epics, Dailies for extra loot coins, Dailies for recipes, Dailies to cook, Dailies for titles, Dailies for Mounts. Dailes to unlock factions.

DAILIES SUCK!
  57. Nov 4, 2014
    It's easy to see Blizzards game plan.
    Make money, for as long as it's possible, and spend as little effort as possible during the time.
    Mist of Pandaria brings nothing good to the table. They have dumbed down exactly everything. The talents are no longer any talent tree. There are just a few abilites where you can chose some of them. Sure it makes the game easier to balance, cause
    It's easy to see Blizzards game plan.

Mist of Pandaria brings nothing good to the table.
    They have dumbed down exactly everything.
    The talents are no longer any talent tree. There are just a few abilites where you can chose some of them. Sure it makes the game easier to balance, cause you can't do anything. But it's boring and bland. A grey nothingness of choices.
    The instances where easy before, but now they can be done with two people of low item level (poor gear).
    The heroics which should be the "The instance is now in hard mode" are so easy that they can be done with three people with average item level.
    This results in a party just running through an instance as fast as possible, just to try to get some loot (That will be disposed of within 3 playing hours, so it doesnt really matter anyway)

The raids are plain stupid. Learn where the ground AE hits or just stand in it. It does not matter. The raid will win anyway.
    After you've done the braindead and boring raids, you will have to wait a week to be able to do anything at all.

Of cource, this is at max level. But it takes roughly 20 hours to become high level. So it's basicly the whole game.

There is no longer any reason to play this. It's a scramble of button mashing and shiny colors, nothing more. It lacks all weight and all sort of challenge to anyone over eight years of age.

(My daughter is currently playing it on my account, and she is performing excellent, and she is eight years old. That is saying a lot of the game)

This is no longer an mmo, this is a kids color splash with low ambitions.
    I believe that Blizzard will have to change their company policy or die slowly, cause after World of warcrafts latests fails and Diablo 3 it's clear that they no longer want to create good games. They want the games to be as easy as possible to reach out to as many kids as possible, to get more cash in the bank.

It's sad for a hardcore warcraft/starcraft/diablo2 fan to see the company turn to this. I guess it's money that control their actions, and the vision to become a good game developer is long gone.
  58. Oct 6, 2012
    First of all, the attack on negative reviewers by the majority of positive reviewers exposes the fact that it is a select minority, perhaps even company employees, creating multiple accounts to boost the games positive rating. The whole thing reeks of self-promotion. Secondly, the expansion has dumbed the game down to ridiculous proportions. Will this appeal to everyone? No, of course not.First of all, the attack on negative reviewers by the majority of positive reviewers exposes the fact that it is a select minority, perhaps even company employees, creating multiple accounts to boost the games positive rating. The whole thing reeks of self-promotion. Secondly, the expansion has dumbed the game down to ridiculous proportions. Will this appeal to everyone? No, of course not. However, those that enjoy the game? I do honestly hope you have a great time. The expansion to me feels tired, flat and the blatant rehash of game mechanics into simpler versions does little to help the enjoyment factor. While this next point is entirely down to social perspective, playing WoW now feels embarrassing due to the multitude of fuzzy pandas played by 10 year olds running around karate kicking things. As an adult, I can't take the game seriously anymore. I just can't. The pollution of the community is also offputting. Give children anonymitity and a feeling of invincibility behind a computer screen and, well, comment sections on Youtube are all the evidence needed.

Blizzard have taken the commercial route for more money over game quality and please, trying to deny this is like trying to say fish don't swim. In the interest of being fair, the Monk class is fun. On the whole however, MoP won't win back any loyal fans and certainly doesn't put Blizzard in a great light. I'd like to say at this point, I really don't like Guild Wars 2 either. The bottom line? WoW is dying a very slow death and the injection of botox that is MoP doesn't do anything to make its ultimate demise any more graceful. Just the same old tired formula. This kind of arrogance and disregard for quality simply shouldn't be encouraged.
  59. Sep 29, 2012
    This game has gone a long way in terms of instances, loot, hp, etc. But what still irks me every time I play this game is the fact 9/10 people who play wow are trollers and griefers.
  60. Jan 17, 2013
    This game has been so dumbed down it's ridiculous. Once again blizzards philosophy of "my way or don't play at all" has driving away fans yet again. The 6 talent system had so much criticism when it was first announced in cata, and yet they went with it anyways. Low pop servers continue to suffer. Class imbalance rampant like always. Truly horrible.
  61. Oct 14, 2012
    Oh boy, now I am a fan of WOW, but not this debacle. I like the new addition to the game, but none can forgive credit to BLizzard anymore, they have lost the magic it once possessed. I don't want to bash the game, because it is still a social monarch on the scene, but the gameplay and surprise is once lost after a week of questing. The QUESTion marks are this games downfall, it brought toOh boy, now I am a fan of WOW, but not this debacle. I like the new addition to the game, but none can forgive credit to BLizzard anymore, they have lost the magic it once possessed. I don't want to bash the game, because it is still a social monarch on the scene, but the gameplay and surprise is once lost after a week of questing. The QUESTion marks are this games downfall, it brought to the scene a way to simplify an MMO and takke the immersion one would once get, when you wandered around and LEARNING what the game was about. It is now nothing more than a strict mother telling you what to do. It is a good expansion pack, but I think maybe the AGE of the game is showing. I want to make clear, if you enjoy WOW, please don't read the reviews, they are for honest biased opinions only. If you are a fan of the game, get this XP now! If you are thinking of returning, well....you will have the same disappointment you had when you quit the last time. Blizzard needs to revamp it's developers and seek out young creative talent instead of patting themselves on the back for taking chump money. Expand
  62. Sep 25, 2012
    Blizzard makes you pay for the expansion, makes you pay for the month you want to play, makes you pay for character transfer, server transfer and everything they can... after that they release an expansion that is lackluster in every way and with horrible technical limitations, to top it off they make 6 dungeons and 2 rehash that are a complete AoE fest to make you stupid.
  63. Sep 27, 2012
    Kungfu Panda and Pokemon + Stupid re-design of skill trees and boring quests = MoP. Also cross realm pvp was probably the worst ideas ever. Enjoy being camped constantly?
  64. Nov 7, 2012
    I have been playing it since it's release and it's really boring for someone who is new to the game. It has too much "questing" collecting things and getting reputation, something that is not Warcraft and it's not fun at all. I'm still trying to understand what's so interesting about this game, what keeps the player base in it, but it's only the "item race" to get the best items on theI have been playing it since it's release and it's really boring for someone who is new to the game. It has too much "questing" collecting things and getting reputation, something that is not Warcraft and it's not fun at all. I'm still trying to understand what's so interesting about this game, what keeps the player base in it, but it's only the "item race" to get the best items on the game before someone does. It doesn't worth 15USD every month or paying for the Battlechest + Mist of Pandaria if you could get a lot of fun from other games that are cheaper and interesting (like GTAV, COD, GW2, etc.). For a game that is supposed to fell like a MMO it fells like a Facebook game.
    The story line is really childish focused on young audience, I don't even recommend it for young children because of the addictive level the game has. So far, the worst game to play right now.
  65. Oct 10, 2012
    Did Blizzard hire a bunch of game designers from Zynga? Because that's what WoW feels like now. The heart of the whole endeavor is gone. It's not a matter of hardcore vs. casual -- it's all the design choices that have made it a colorful chatroom where you play minigames and wait for dungeons, instead of a virtual world. That's changing the entire project, from an MMORPG to somethingDid Blizzard hire a bunch of game designers from Zynga? Because that's what WoW feels like now. The heart of the whole endeavor is gone. It's not a matter of hardcore vs. casual -- it's all the design choices that have made it a colorful chatroom where you play minigames and wait for dungeons, instead of a virtual world. That's changing the entire project, from an MMORPG to something else...something more like a suite of FarmVille-type games. They could have catered to casual players without those types of changes. Expand
  66. Nov 4, 2012
    Yeah Kung-Fu Panda... seriously? Blizzard it's time to show the world your project titan.

World of Warcraft has a special place in my heart, and I was thrilled by the original, Burning Crusade too, but then it started to loose it's self, and this expansion only proves the point.
  67. Apr 3, 2013
    Crappy expansion, same old game with more pandas! Only fans and people with mental issues would enjoy this game. NOT RECOMMENDED! Graphics have been the same since the first release, it's time for a better graphics.
  68. Dec 30, 2012
    Lets cut straight to the issue. Wow was once a game for adults, based on a great story. Pandaria is a childrens game produced by second rate game designers (top ones are working on titan). I used to be addicted to Wow, so i can only thank blizzard for releasing me from my chains and saving me £10 a month. The only reason to play this game is if you are a child who enjoys trollingLets cut straight to the issue. Wow was once a game for adults, based on a great story. Pandaria is a childrens game produced by second rate game designers (top ones are working on titan). I used to be addicted to Wow, so i can only thank blizzard for releasing me from my chains and saving me £10 a month. The only reason to play this game is if you are a child who enjoys trolling chat channels and facerolling quests. Next expansion will be Wow: In the night garden....... what a joke......... Expand
  69. Sep 27, 2012
    Many of these negative score reviews make mention of the decline of excellence from Blizzard games within the last 5 or 6 years.

The main thing that ruins games, game development and creativity and sinks developers is... interfering, money hungry publishers! Most notably Eidos, Electronic Arts and Activision! Who have ruined many, many fantastic development companies in their time.

Blizzard was possibly the last great development company not owned by a faceless corporation. However Activision bought Blizzard back in 2007. Need I say more?
  70. Sep 28, 2012
    honestly, i didn't expect any better, just another pointless expansion with no texture or graphics updates, i think WoW has had it's time and needs to rethink there style and what makes an MMO fun. gameplay is dull , nothing new brought to the MMO genre. However, i did enjoy the dungeons.
  71. May 28, 2013
    I fear MOP is a reflection of when the whining masses get their own way. Let me be up front and state this: just because people want something in a game, does not mean it's good game design.

Do you remember when tanking and healing used to take skill and some forethought? You won't find that here. Healers cannot go OOM and tanking takes very little attention. Characters have

Characters have become very homogenized and the differences between the classes are small.

Blizzard cannot balance PVP. This is the worst pvp I've played in any wow game. Sure, people used to get gibbed in vanilla, but at least you could see it coming most of the time IE stuck in a seduction while a warlock fired up a soulfire with a 6 second cast. Combine this with boatloads of instant CCs and instant heals and instant everything else and I'm left wondering who finds pvp fun anymore?

Many of the raid fights I've been in had hard enrage timers. Many fights aren't about mechanic mastery, but about pumping out as much dps as you can. This made for some of the most boring boss battles I've done yet, and the most frustrating.

Blizzard has taken an approach to eliminate all aspects of socialization or need to communicate and coordinate. Why CC a mob? Looking for raid is pants on head stupidly easy. No longer is there any mystique because all raids are cleared on day 1 with a raid full of people who don't communicate and are not punished for standing in the fire the whole fight. How is this even a game? There is no challenge to be found here. Just because I'm a casual player doesn't mean I want to be treated like someone who has never seen a computer before.

Grinding has been replaced with daily quests. Remember how in vanilla or TBC you could log on and go kill mobs for drops to get rep with the scryers or timbermaw? Yes, it was a grind, but what we're offered in place of this is daily quests. Now the ability to accumulate rep is throttled instead of being something you could do on your own time! Just because it's a daily quest doesn't mean it is not a grind. You are still killing mobs or picking up items. I miss being able to farm twilight texts and selling them to other players who wanted their rep grind quickly. I also miss how grinding mobs in an area for drops usually meant players were going to be in the same area for a while and provided good opportunities for PVP.

Cross realm zones have ensured that the low level crafting materials are going to be extremely rare. This is opposed to the mop lvl zones where you literally cannot go 2 seconds without seeing another resource node to loot. Have fun lvling that new character's trades!

I'll conclude by saying that I stand in the group that firmly believes Vanilla and especially TBC were the pinnacle of wow. I still play on a private vanilla wow server and I find it infinitely more enjoyable than mop. It is not the nostalgia factor at all as many mop supporters would like to think. Wow used to be simple to learn and hard to master. It used to require team work, communication, and some struggling which just made the rewards that much more enjoyable to get. There used to be a reason to go out into the world, and you could make real rivalries and get a reputation for yourself. Blizz made wow so people who want to be anonymous jerks or are really bad at the game are able to accomplish just as much as everyone else in the same span of time without ever leaving the main cities. There is no challenge to be had here. This is the last Blizzard game I will ever purchase (I said that when I got D3 and I should have stuck to my guns). The worst part is that much of the community supports the direction WOW is going so I really do think we are going to see WOW fizzle out and die because the people who made the community good, enjoyed a challenge, and didn't want everything handed to them on a silver platter have been alienated.

The few good things, challenge modes, and improved graphics, are the only pros I can think of. Even challenge modes though are just a race against the clock however and only provide aesthetic rewards. Not worth coming back for IMO.
  72. Oct 27, 2012
    This game is just a re-hash. Boring grindfest to nothingness.
    WoW Pandaria and Diablo 3 has nailed the coffin for blizzard. I regret purchasing this game.
  73. Oct 8, 2012
    This game is the boring same old, same old. Barely any new content (despite what others are saying). A reduced skill system and a declining player base make for a game that's dead in the water.

They needed to stop at WoTLK and maybe perhaps try to make another MMO. For those who are new to WoW and not familiar with what it "used" to be like and the old skill system which was far better.. this game will probably be gold to you.

If your a current or returning player, well you'd have to be a complete and utter fool to think this expansion is good and added anything new.
  74. Sep 29, 2012
    Honestly, it is just pure stealing now. They have created something that feels tacky and dull. Honestly, do yourself a favor and buy yourself GW2. In GW2, you don't pay out the nose for an enjoyable experience and the plays so much better.
  75. Sep 25, 2013
    Each WoW expansion has felt like a watered down version of the one before it. The complexity that made the game great is gone, pandering instead to the lowest common denominator player.
  76. Feb 15, 2013
    It's definitely better than the ill-advised Cataclysm expansion, but the damage is done and the game is now too old for redemption; it has Blizzard's seal of quality all over it, it's top-notch until you realize you don't know why you're still playing this dated game at all. There's better stuff out there, just let go already.
  77. Oct 10, 2012
    I didn't want to buy this game, but I did. I got so excited about new zones that weren't streamlined so I gave in. For that, I figure the expansion was worth perhaps about $20 altogether with a free month. However, there is no free month and the cost of this expac was twice that. In the end the game became nothing more than a grind that is even worse than Cataclysm at level 90. TheI didn't want to buy this game, but I did. I got so excited about new zones that weren't streamlined so I gave in. For that, I figure the expansion was worth perhaps about $20 altogether with a free month. However, there is no free month and the cost of this expac was twice that. In the end the game became nothing more than a grind that is even worse than Cataclysm at level 90. The amount of dailies you will have to do, even after the nerfs to rep needed, will be quite high. These dailies will take you quite a bit of time and will help you eventually get some epic gear to raid with. But the problem isn't so much that as it is the talent system being once again revamped to an even more handheld version of its former self, the overly instanced world of warcraft, and CRZ zones which pretty much turns all zones into random groups of people who just compete for your stuff. It isn't an improvement on the game, but rather a step back. Sure there are more dungeons and heroics to level in and get nice loot, but it is all the same thing with new skins and set pieces to come crashing through on your aggressive romp to end game. The farming btw is also heavily gated since you need rep with the tillers and not to mention you have to wait a day til you can even grow anything. Honestly this annoys me. I have no interest in playing pokemon as well. So what do I do? I try the Scenarios to check out this new type of content and am let down yet again. These are essentially the older group quests but mobs have more health and can overwhelm you, if you die you just graveyard zerg back and try again. The challenge of this game in learning to play it and become good at it are by and large so far gone it is painful to try and remember what it once was. I say don't buy this. In fact don't ever support Blizzard again because at this point it is so blatantly obvious they are milking this game it is a wonder the community hasn't rioted. Expand
  78. Oct 2, 2012
    Every expansion has breathed new features and new life into WoW. This one doesn't. It simplifies the game to the point of absurdity, offers nothing to improve on the dated, now-ugly graphics and effects, and offers nothing compelling we haven't seen and done before. The new race isn't interesting, the new zones aren't interesting, and the new class is slightly interesting. Once you getEvery expansion has breathed new features and new life into WoW. This one doesn't. It simplifies the game to the point of absurdity, offers nothing to improve on the dated, now-ugly graphics and effects, and offers nothing compelling we haven't seen and done before. The new race isn't interesting, the new zones aren't interesting, and the new class is slightly interesting. Once you get to the new level cap, which takes practically no time whatsoever, you'll be treated to...easy end-game that, frankly, isn't very interesting. If you're addicted to WoW, you'll undoubtedly buy this. If not, just pass. There are so many MMOs out there now offering different features and playstyles, there's really no reason to play this one anymore. Expand
  79. Dec 23, 2012
    I unsubed from the game yesterday and its running out today. I will not be returning to WOW again. Why? Because I dont play games that consider waiting in queues for more than an hour to be the best way to gate content. Thats not acceptable and every 10 mins of waiting lowers the score I give the game by 1. So... 4 it is.
  80. Sep 26, 2012
    Your time and money is better spent elsewhere. Blizzard once again continues to dumb down their franchises while gouging $ out of their customers. The setting is awful and the class changes are even worse. It is clear that the talent truly has left Blizzard and all they care about is making money. It is sad to see that a company that was once the best in the industry has fallen so hard.
  81. Sep 29, 2012
    Terrible xpac. The cut scenes are atrocious and truly has started catering to a new generation of kids out there with pandas. They have removed skill trees from the game and they pretty much spoon feed you your skills now. No longer are there skill trees that you need to think through and try out.

The graphics are a decent update but the core content of the game is what drives me and this falls flat on its face for sure. For those that are giving high scores for this game, I'm not certain what game they are playing but this is not a great game. Such a shame that once a proud and great company that produced quality games and make tonnes of money are only concerned now with making tonnes of money and not quality games. It's time to shelve the WoW series as Mist of Pandaria is a nail in their coffin for enjoyment.
  82. Sep 26, 2012
    Mists of Pandaria is a continuation of Blizzard's business office policy of directly steering game development. As most people who follow MMOs know, in Feb 2010, Blizzard announced that they were going to begin retooling World of Warcraft to appeal to a younger audience. Cataclysm came first and took an already relatively easy MMO and turned it into something that would feel right atMists of Pandaria is a continuation of Blizzard's business office policy of directly steering game development. As most people who follow MMOs know, in Feb 2010, Blizzard announced that they were going to begin retooling World of Warcraft to appeal to a younger audience. Cataclysm came first and took an already relatively easy MMO and turned it into something that would feel right at home in Disney World.

With Pandaria, they've further reduced the challenge and difficulty. Even the heroic mode dungeons in WoW are easier than the standard dungeons available in games like Rift and GW2. With a nod to Rift... that being the undisputed champion of raid depth and challenge on the market today... Mists of Pandaria looks and plays like a kid's Etch-a-Sketch in comparison.

Visually, Pandaria does have more detail. However, you have to be a fan of My Little Pony or the Teletubbies in order to like the art direction. The colors in Pandaria are vibrant... akin to shades that belong in cotton candy or Hello Kitty backpacks carried around by harajuku girls.

Now, if you're under the age of 14 and are reading this... then I'm sure you'll disagree with my opinion that this game is not made for anyone outside of the 8 to 14 age group. The mechanics are dumbed down with reduction of available abilities at a player's disposal, it has a streamlined (see: easier) combat system, reduced dungeon difficulty, reduced dungeon run times, simple quests and instant access to rewards for little to no effort. As it was stated in Feb. 2010 in their letter to investors, Blizzard has stayed that course. Mists of Pandaria has firmly taken WoW and nestled it right between Toy Story and Happy Feet when it comes to target audience. Other MMOs like Rift, Guild Wars 2, and TERA offer much more challenging gameplay and content. WoW is, in my opinion, the new king of kids' games... and I'll be looking forward to see what other MMOs do to fill the void for the adult gamers of the world.

Warcraft might have 8 to 10 million players... and Toy Story is still the top grossing film in its opening weekend of all time. Food for thought.

After playing and reviewing Pandaria... I have to question the rating of the game. I don't think it belongs in the MMORPG category any longer. It belongs in a category with similar games like Skylander's Spyro Adventures and Club Penguin. I'm an adult and I rate Pandaria a 2. It does not appeal to me and I feel strongly that it wasn't developed with my likes in mind.

Kids, however, will absolutely love Pandaria. It's probably challenging for an 8 year old just learning how to use a PC and the bright colors and juvenile art direction would fit right at home in their library of similarly themed games. That, and their Pandas can dance like their older sisters.
  83. Sep 29, 2012
    Let's take a $200 used car and put a $700 body kit on it so it grab everyone's attention. It's still a $200 used car. This analogy can be used for Mists of Pandaria. Let's take a used game, add something new to it in order to grab attention and sell it. It carries the bad design of Cata on it's shoulders. This gets a 1 simply because it might be good for you if: A) You are new to wowLet's take a $200 used car and put a $700 body kit on it so it grab everyone's attention. It's still a $200 used car. This analogy can be used for Mists of Pandaria. Let's take a used game, add something new to it in order to grab attention and sell it. It carries the bad design of Cata on it's shoulders. This gets a 1 simply because it might be good for you if: A) You are new to wow therefor less likely to be biased B) Enjoy games that will hold your hand for you C) Are a parent looking for an at home babysitter that costs $15/month Expand
  84. Sep 26, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I will say i loved world of warcraft in the the past. I loved Wolk and somewhat liked cata. But now they make this? This is the largest game failure that i have ever seen, sadly i bought it despite it being very childish and dumb as hell.So i play this game and it is absolutly terrible. First of all it is very easy, and second the game is designed for 9 year olds who play games that make no since.I would talk for day about the story flaws and how dumb it is, but i will sum it up: Huge island no one ever noticed gets discovered somehow,very childish storyless pandas meet you, stupid flawed story that makes no since happens, no main boss that makes since. Now i made that as short as i could because i could say all its flaws all day. So you can give this money whore blizzard 15 dollars a month to play a very stupid flawed game for 9 year olds, or you could stop and say **** you blizzard you guys need to make content that is logical and entertaining Example: burning crusade.I hate this game so much. Please don't buy it blizzard needs to learn from its mistakes and make content that is not childish and completely stupid. Expand
  85. Sep 29, 2012
    super mario mmorpg. everything is so colourful, cheery and merry that i almost feel as if the game is about to send me on a quest to save a princess that was abducted by a nasty giant turtle with spikes on its shell. everything is ageing extremely bad: from the ancient quest system design to the old (but surprisingly resource taxing) graphics. i've spent countless days of my life playingsuper mario mmorpg. everything is so colourful, cheery and merry that i almost feel as if the game is about to send me on a quest to save a princess that was abducted by a nasty giant turtle with spikes on its shell. everything is ageing extremely bad: from the ancient quest system design to the old (but surprisingly resource taxing) graphics. i've spent countless days of my life playing this game, but i guess this expansion sealed the coffin. Expand
  86. Apr 28, 2013
    I've seen WoW slowly go down the drain. Pretty soon you'll pick a character and all the abilities will be picked for you and you'll have no choice. I can't believe people actually still play this.
  87. Jan 12, 2014
    This addon ist NOT for players who enjoy to play a variety of classes for multiple reasons. Be it crafting materials that you can only gather by playing your -one same- character but not by trading, the farming of faction reputation (per character) or daily as well as weekly duties (per character) that you have to do over and over again, unless you want to be excluded from the rest of theThis addon ist NOT for players who enjoy to play a variety of classes for multiple reasons. Be it crafting materials that you can only gather by playing your -one same- character but not by trading, the farming of faction reputation (per character) or daily as well as weekly duties (per character) that you have to do over and over again, unless you want to be excluded from the rest of the content due to gear level.

If you make it: still endgame is hell. Outside of raids you won't find anything that isn't dumbed down. There's just nothing to do that makes sense whatsoever. Leveling is broken (too fast, super easymode, skipping lots of content, role system broken in low dungeons because of easymode npcs). PVP is broken (item level for PVP is no competition for PVE players, no change in the world for PVP victories, no sense as of what PVP should be good for in this game). Raiding can only be done once per week due to an ID system that flags the content until reset - which is once per week. So it's like a waiting game until you're allowed to do stuff again.

I'm looking hard, really, really hard for some kindness and teamplay in this game but it's nowhere to be found so far. Because everything has been anonymized along with the dumbing down people can and will try to do everything by themselves alone - in an MMO ! Others are merely a pest or random annoyance. Gameplay favors that by cornering the classes in their roles without any way to prove useful out of that role as well as the way classes are designed: Not teamplay is relevant for everyone. It's just relevant that YOU play you OWN CLASS well enough to survive - except for healers of course who are responsible for everyone.

I can hardly put my finger on the -one thing- that is broken in that game because there's so much wrong with it now. Basically it's become a game of ego players that want the best items while looking down on all others and trying to do everything alone and/or start griefing on others.
    It's not the MMO with a kind community and teamplay that it once was. The thing is: I could put myself to use but because there's only raid content where that really matters I feel like there's no other place for me to be - except for once per week, of course.

Pandas are not the problem with that addon. Just another race added. The problems are broken mechanics everywhere, a world that has content added to it, one addon at a time while the previous content is basically dead and a community that is merely centered around endgame and toxic behaviour because the game has become so boring that this is the most interesting thing that one can actually do.

I had to take a break at the end of the previous addon, "Cataclysm", because it was long overdue to release new story content aka the next addon which took quite a long time. I waited some time after MoP before I started so that I could start my question without facing overrun zones with harsh competition but still there was just no place for me to be. As tank or healer I don't have any good options outside of instanced content. So I am forced to play a damage based class outside - or I play my -one- raid per week. Below the raiding difficult there is only very shallow instanced content and nothing that matters in the outside world.

Just no fun. Add toxic people, have your Wow experience. That's how it is.

Take this rating as a 3/10 instead of a 4/10 if you play on those servers that have technical problems quite frequently or such a low Horde / Alliance population that the auction house and guilds are quite empty.
  88. Dec 2, 2014
    Not much to say..
    This is obviously not Blizzard any more. Hope Activision are happy with the sales in Asia since this game will be dead in western markets soon with this direction.
  89. Sep 26, 2012
    Argh! why oh why did I buy this? Blizzard have destroyed what was once my favourite game of all time, people complein in other MMO's at the lack of endgame content at launch (of which wow had none) but nowadays WoW is only endgame with everything up to that point being dumbed down into a mindless grind. Round up as many mobs as you possibly can and easily kill them all.....no group quests,Argh! why oh why did I buy this? Blizzard have destroyed what was once my favourite game of all time, people complein in other MMO's at the lack of endgame content at launch (of which wow had none) but nowadays WoW is only endgame with everything up to that point being dumbed down into a mindless grind. Round up as many mobs as you possibly can and easily kill them all.....no group quests, no elites anymore, no need to think at all, but hey, don;t worry because you'll have to wait an hour to kill this one mob that everyone is waiting for to respawn anyway! The new area and race are inspired by Jung Fu panda, it's alright whining that pandarens were brought in back in WC3, that wasn't really a proper introduction and the actual creation of the WoW race and area were clearly done with the dreamworks movie in mind to appeal to their young playerbase.

Sick of kill stealing, sick of ninja looting, sick of PvP that is geared strictly against new players (not fun when my wife won't PvP because the heirloom people one shot her), sick of rude idiots desperatly running through easy mode dungeons whining that we need to round up more mobs, sick of fetch and return questing......back to GW2 for me! My glorious memories of Vanilla and TBC won't be further tarnished by lazy, one dimensional expansions......oh and don't get me started on the talent system, nice new talents for some classes but godawful way of dealing with it, yet more dumbing down, they may as well just hand out level 80's and let them get on with the boring raiding from day one.
  90. Oct 1, 2012
    horrible just horrible

say bye bye to wow u knew once

this is the worst expansion blizzard has ever done to date

i wont bother explaining whats wrong and whats good.
  91. Oct 6, 2012
    After playing a vanilla wow private server and then playing this and comparing the two games, I can really say Blizzard has completely ruined wow, this game really sucks now and there's no point playing it. I used to be so addicted to this game , I would play every day and it was all I thought about, now it's a piece of crap.
  92. Sep 25, 2012
    Poor design, poorly planned out, causal-ized skills, bad launch. This xpac will be the downfall of WoW. Crossrealm is interesting, however it's lead to camp-the-spawn world PVP. Piles of bones at spawn and portal points. The expansion quests - mobbed with players trying to do "spawns once every 10 minutes" destroyable objects. Severe bottleneck quests that have long cinematic scenes,Poor design, poorly planned out, causal-ized skills, bad launch. This xpac will be the downfall of WoW. Crossrealm is interesting, however it's lead to camp-the-spawn world PVP. Piles of bones at spawn and portal points. The expansion quests - mobbed with players trying to do "spawns once every 10 minutes" destroyable objects. Severe bottleneck quests that have long cinematic scenes, and require certain objects to be destroyed. Seriously, you'd think blizzard - with hundreds of millions in revenue, near a decade of running an MMO ... would they know how to design and run one? It's falling apart, it's like they want to destroy it. I didn't think there could be a step down from Cata, but there IS. And Mists of Pandaria - is it. Don't buy it if you haven't bought it. It's bad. Expand
  93. Dec 21, 2012
    I have been loyal to blizzard since Pre-BC. I loved BC. WotLK...that's when I stopped.

However, CatA came out and I said "Hey why not!" It was an entirely different world of warcraft. When I was 15 - I said "LFG VC!" No one knew what I was talking about. It wasn't until an older player messaged me saying "umm..he's dead." and gave me a full run down of the new WoW. Leveling up to 85...I was shocked at how easy tanking was now. It was pathetic! People would storm into mobs and not care about aggro! It was going against everything I learned! Remember "tanking" lessons back in Pre and BC? Yeah - apparently that went out the window in WotLK. Remember good old Nax? It was floating in the air!!! Ok, so I got to 85, did the entire "gear thing" which was REALLY easy (seriously). I was disappointed...then Pandas. Ok. Blizzard said it's fixed things and made things fun.

I will NEVER EVER play a blizzard game again! I do not trust them! D3 was a disaster...but this panda BS is terrible! The community is rotten, the gameplay is good for a 5 year old, and RP is dead.
  94. Sep 29, 2012
    Blizzard really needs to re-learn how to make fun games. Nothing new, same old stuff with more ilvl, same old crafting materials, and questing is still boring.
  95. Sep 26, 2012
    I really wanted to like the game but it seems to be trying to draw in a very young crowd with this last expansion. I played a panda through level 30 and had to stop. The combat seems clunky at best and the quests are just a thousand more of the same "bring me 10 wolf pelts" or "kill 10 murlocs" Nothing new, and definitely nothing to be excited about.
  96. Sep 28, 2012
    Horrible expansion. This is not WoW anymore it's one big kiddyland. Game is so easy it's not playable anymore. Good days of Vanilla and TBC are gone forever.
  97. Nov 15, 2012
    I just wanted to say World of Warcraft is dead, I loved you from the first moment I installed you on my computer back in the days of Molten core 40s and UBRS 10s, some of the funniest gaming days of my life the dungeon sets the Grand marshals, the fear of seeing someone with sulfuras hand of ragnaros charging towards you in warsong gulch, the STV ganking the ganking when trying to getI just wanted to say World of Warcraft is dead, I loved you from the first moment I installed you on my computer back in the days of Molten core 40s and UBRS 10s, some of the funniest gaming days of my life the dungeon sets the Grand marshals, the fear of seeing someone with sulfuras hand of ragnaros charging towards you in warsong gulch, the STV ganking the ganking when trying to get into SM, THE GANKING OHHHH THE GANKING it made you rage but it wasn Expand
  98. Dec 18, 2012
    I concluded to buy MoP. I started fresh, levling was boring as always. When i came to pandaria i was at first extremly impressed. This feeling was short, as i progressed it grew less and less fun. When i dinged 90 i was so happy that the levling was finally was over (was extremly easy). I thought that it would be thons of things to do in lvl 90. But i found nothing fun. There is no worldI concluded to buy MoP. I started fresh, levling was boring as always. When i came to pandaria i was at first extremly impressed. This feeling was short, as i progressed it grew less and less fun. When i dinged 90 i was so happy that the levling was finally was over (was extremly easy). I thought that it would be thons of things to do in lvl 90. But i found nothing fun. There is no world pvp in this game anymore. They try to get people out in the world by indirectly forcing them to do it. The dailiy quests suck and are extremly easy. Everything in the game is extremly easy and doesn't give any kinds of competition. PvP is also broken. Battlegrounds are full of botters. The battlegrounds are also destroyed, some by the players and some by blizzard. Though bgs have been destroyed for a while now it has gotten even worse. I actually spent thons of time walking around looking for something to do. Everything is about farming. Me and some friends also made a guild. We got about 50 active players before my friends starting transfering/faction changing to the alliance. My server was like 5% horde and 95% alliance. It was also "full". Pve content is also extremly easy. Community is destroyed. Bgs have been turned into zerging fiest. The idea of Pandas weren't that bad, but you screwed it up Blizzard.
    The thing that made me finally quit was when i saw thons of blue posts on the forum where people were complaining about different problems like unbalanced servers, destroyed bgs and more. The problem was that most of the posts were about 1-3 years old and are stil extremly popular topics. It shows that even though Blizzard promise to fix problems they wont do **** Also anounced that they are never going to make vanila,tbc,wrath servers since "they were looking forward". Why look forward, when everyone loves their previous stuff and hate their new content? It's time to look back. Blizzard, you screwed up.
  99. Jul 11, 2013
    Throughout the beta for this game, you could tell there was something 'off' about it, there was a lack of direction and the game as a whole has been left in odd, unsavory parts.

Whilst they have rectified the errors made in cataclysm by adding more endgame content, they have further reduced the leveling time and now they want to bring an ingame shop with which to buy further EXP bonuses, so you never actually see more than half of a zone before you are rushed off.

The Endgame content is lacking, and all though the raids are plenty, Blizzard is making fights more and more complex, which doesn't necessarily mean a more interesting counter but more of a tedium to learn and do. There has only been 1 additional raid release throughout it's 3 patches, with a 2nd coming in 5.4, and the fact that it is almost over after 1 year of release, makes you wonder whether they are pushing out a greater quantity of content rather than a select of quality content. They have added a new raiding system, which is an improvement, but it still feels like a huge 'drop-off' point for players who want to raid, as you can still get 0 loot from your raid finder, or normal raid, and as soon as you get gear that out-scales the raid finder's current loot available to you, you can't help but feel that it becomes a pointless waste of your time. Blizzard have removed the daily quest limit, so instead of paying careful attention to which faction you'd like to make some friends with, you basically have no reason to not spend 3 hours doing them all at once, which feels very overwhelming and necessary to retain an edge in the game. Challenge mode dungeons are underplayed, and are still pretty much ignored on the whole.

New features such as the Tiller's farm and Pet battles added some interesting flavor and value to the game, but they quickly lose their novelty and your farm seems like more of a chore, and pet battles just lose any sort of charm after you get beaten by an enemy-troll team.

In conclusion, I think that Mists of Pandaria cured the bane of players, which was nothing to do, but now instead overfaces them with too much.

Graphics wise it is fine, not a gem, but it's not really a 'graphics' orientated game.
  100. Oct 2, 2014
    Love the game and the lore, absolutely hate the players, and the people who play it, you can get harassed and mistreated badly on this game and i would not intend on letting younger kids play it because they have a realm just for erp, which is where people have cyber sex, and it is disgusting if you do play do not go to moon guard and i would not recommend having your child being able toLove the game and the lore, absolutely hate the players, and the people who play it, you can get harassed and mistreated badly on this game and i would not intend on letting younger kids play it because they have a realm just for erp, which is where people have cyber sex, and it is disgusting if you do play do not go to moon guard and i would not recommend having your child being able to communicate/chat with other players at all i have played for 9 years and this game has really lost it's touch due to it's players which i would not have a problem with if the GAME MASTERS didn't treat you like a number, which they do of course because there are so many players and they don't care about you or how much money you spend, also the game is way to expensive 14.99 a month A MONTH just to be harassed and mistreated by other players... no thanks.... i stopped playing period and have found a different game to play because of the players on this game.... i do not recommend this game to younger kids or suicidal people because ... the players are so mean and disrespectful on this game that it will be the last game you ever play.

this is coming from a person who has played for 9 years.

An expansion worthy of the franchise’s legacy that, according to sales and subscriptions data, pulls the series back on the right track, in a spectacular way. On the other hand however, the limitations of the World of Warcraft platform are similarly underlined. There’s no room for fundamental restructuring of the game. [November 2012]
  2. Nov 25, 2012
    The fourth World of Warcraft expansion set is trying to get back all of those souls lost in last months, even years. At the end of the day it manages to get them back, letting them forget Cataclysm that's been dull as ditch water.
  3. Nov 25, 2012
    Another great excuse to delve back into this massive world, though archaic gameplay grates. [Christmas 2012, p.92]