4.9

1. Sep 30, 2012
    Once you get past the initial visual wonderland of Pandaria and reach 90, you will find just how shallow this game is. Not only is the game shallow, it is also schizophrenic: On one hand, Blizzard has made it ridiculously easy to complete content with the nerfing of talents and linear structuring of quests. Likewise, responding to complaints from Cataclysm, Blizzard has made HeroicOnce you get past the initial visual wonderland of Pandaria and reach 90, you will find just how shallow this game is. Not only is the game shallow, it is also schizophrenic: On one hand, Blizzard has made it ridiculously easy to complete content with the nerfing of talents and linear structuring of quests. Likewise, responding to complaints from Cataclysm, Blizzard has made Heroic dungeons mindnumbingly easy to the point where a decent tank and healer with 3 mediocre DPS can chain pull entire dungeons. Yet, while they've made dungeon crawling insanely easy compared to early Cataclysm, they've reverted back to Burning Crusade design for reputation grinding. There's even two reputations you can't touch until you've gotten a third, separate, reputation to revered. If you are like me and enjoy having reputations at exalted, prepare to endure a hellishly slow grind of daily quests where you gain only 100-500 rep per quest. They even did a nearly direct copy and paste of the Netherwing Ledge grind from Burning Crusade and called it "Order of the Cloud Serpent" (complete with sky races and rare spawning eggs). Then there's the Tillers, where you have to get reputation with *individual NPCs* in order to get overall reputation. |||| Professions have become markedly easier with most of them easily completed to level 600 well before you reach level 90. On my main, I had enchanting at 600 by 87 and tailoring at 600 by 88. Never in the past have I had all my professions at max *before* I hit max level cap. |||| Pet battles and the Tillers (aka Farmville or Harvest Moon) are nifty but gimmicky and a poor excuse for content. They're nowhere near as good as their original sources so they won't have staying power over time. |||| Frankly, it feels like they don't know where they're going. They've made too much of the game overwhelmingly easy and are trying to use reps as the hook to keep people playing. Unfortunately, it's not 2007 anymore and this isn't Burning Crusade. I struggled through Cataclysm and was actually excited for Pandaria but I find it to be as lacking, if not moreso, than Cataclysm. It would appear, then, that after 8 years, I will likely be bidding adieu to Azeroth as I just don't see the game getting better any time soon. It's sad when pet battles, WoW's version of Farmville/Harvest Moon/SIMS, and the complete trashing of the RPG elements of talents are considered major sales bullet points. Expand
  2. Sep 27, 2012
    Many of these negative score reviews make mention of the decline of excellence from Blizzard games within the last 5 or 6 years.

The main thing that ruins games, game development and creativity and sinks developers is... interfering, money hungry publishers! Most notably Eidos, Electronic Arts and Activision! Who have ruined many, many fantastic development companies in their time.

Blizzard was possibly the last great development company not owned by a faceless corporation. However Activision bought Blizzard back in 2007. Need I say more?
  3. gas
    Sep 26, 2012
    Im a wow player since classic, i got more than 300 days played on my main char. I played casual, i played hardcore, ive been a heavy raider in tbc, i raided more or less any content.
    I really enjoyed classic and tbc, ive found wotlk a so-so expansion, cata an immense letdown, and pandazz... i feel pandaz is just the right expansion to quit wow.
    The main problem is that Blizzard at a
    The main problem is that Blizzard at a point decided that they were going for the masses,they decided they just wanted to focus on kids with easy content and uber power ranger armors, streamlined abilities, purple epazzz for anyone, and the dictat that every player must be special, making ofc everyone plain normal.
    I can understand that, game industry is business ofc, anyway they sadly ruined a great game.
    Leveling is plain stupid since wotlk, there is never a single challenge, its boring and it gives zero satisfaction.
    Everyone hate leveling in wow, Blizzard instead of makin it more challening and epic, they think that to make it more interesting it must be super fast and super easy.. damnz just stop with leveling maybe ?
    The idea that the game starts at end level and prior to that its just a boring rush, has been implemented by blizzard itself, thats crazy.
    Really i think there are not anymore gamers at blizzard developing games, there are economists in Blizzard developing games, this is the main problem.
    PvP in wow has always been not very balanced, uber geared ppl having fun in razing no geared ppl in bgs, world pvp has been completely murdered with fly mounts, and i cant get why Blizzard continued to allow pvp gear in pve and vice-versa which always created a lot of issues, especially pve players forced to play pvp to get specific rewards to go on easier in pve.
    The addition of fly mounts and million of portals since TBC ruined totally the sense of multiplayer ,as if you are out of the actual content zones or the main city, you will basically play alone and will not see any other player around.
    Actually in wow there is not anymore the feeling of doing something epic, any item/mount is rare just for 1 or 2 month at best, anyone can do anything with little or no effort.
    Maybe the player base wants that, a Kung Fu Panda toon nice and funny, nonsense pet nice and funny combat, new hairstyles, super huge shoulders, lore and quests funny and stupid, LFR to make every raid a cake, basically all things appealing for kids and console gamers.
    Wow can go on with this formula i guess even another 10 years maybe, but its not more wow, its just a dumbed down version of itself.
    Tbh i could write 20 pages of reasons why wow turned from a great game to a piece of garbage, but i stop here.
    I can say vanilla wow stays at civilization II like pandaz stays at farmville, Go Bli$$ard earn more cash!
    Adios WOW it has been fun.
  4. Feb 9, 2013
    The economy is inflated, the amount of gear is inflated, the stats are all inflated and an amazingly still on-going stream of bad design choices. It is truly sad to see that World of Warcraft is now on life-support in the form of being spoon-fed yearly expansion-packs that is gradually dumbing the game down in order to slow down the amount of subscribers they're very rapidly losing untilThe economy is inflated, the amount of gear is inflated, the stats are all inflated and an amazingly still on-going stream of bad design choices. It is truly sad to see that World of Warcraft is now on life-support in the form of being spoon-fed yearly expansion-packs that is gradually dumbing the game down in order to slow down the amount of subscribers they're very rapidly losing until they can release their next pile-of-turd MMO known as Titan. Being disappointed far enough by Diablo 3's "Pay 2 Win" auction house I will give everyone this advice from now on: Stay the hell away from Blizzard's new products. They aren't themselves anymore. R.I.P Expand
  5. Sep 29, 2012
    Sad to see WoW fall so low. A little background about me: I played vanilla when it first came out, cleared Naxx, did mostly arena in TBC, and only got to level 78 in WotLK. I returned for Cata briefly but quit at level 69 (I lost my old account).

The game that was once tough and fun is now just casual trash. Once, the game catered to people who had played Warcraft III, StarCraft, Diablo, and just real gamers in general. Now those demographics are entirely alienated in favor of Farmville types of players. They should just make it free to play at this point; I am not coming back to this and I don't miss the game at all. The game has been oversimplified thanks to incessant whining from the lowest common denominator. The game assumes you're so stupid it's offensive. It's a stark betrayal of the fans that propelled this game in the beginning. Every decision Blizzard has made since TBC has been to expand its user base and dumb down the game at the cost of anything. At this point, they have polarized their audience and squandered any vestige of good will they had left. I, personally, will never buy another Blizzard game. I am glad I just played this at my friend's house and not myself.
  6. Oct 19, 2014
    Pre-Wod patch 6.0.2 dropped recently... Turned the game into something slightly under passable into complete GARBAGE!!! they nerfed classes that didnt need it, many specs are no longer viable in anything EXCEPT RAIDS! Oh god if you have a cast bar, in heroics, when everyone else has the same ilvl, you will do no damage, at all... Druids have yet to have a much needed balance. They halfPre-Wod patch 6.0.2 dropped recently... Turned the game into something slightly under passable into complete GARBAGE!!! they nerfed classes that didnt need it, many specs are no longer viable in anything EXCEPT RAIDS! Oh god if you have a cast bar, in heroics, when everyone else has the same ilvl, you will do no damage, at all... Druids have yet to have a much needed balance. They half implemented a new bag system, however, they forgot to include the most important part, assigning a bag to "Trash items"... Oh wait, nvm, trash items somehow get stored in EQUIPMENT BAGS!!! Absolutely no redeeming elements, now. Its GARBAGE!!!! Go play a better game, ffxiv, swtor, hell even ESO is better than this trash. Expand
  7. Oct 3, 2012
    Activision was the death of blizzard as we once knew them. Everything they release is an obvious attempt at getting as much money from the consumer as possible. This isn't as bad as diablo 3, but it's a very close second. Nothing innovative with this expansion. Hit the level cap in a day or two, and back to the same old stuff. Sorry but this wasn't fun during WOTLK and it isn't now.
  8. Feb 15, 2013
    It's definitely better than the ill-advised Cataclysm expansion, but the damage is done and the game is now too old for redemption; it has Blizzard's seal of quality all over it, it's top-notch until you realize you don't know why you're still playing this dated game at all. There's better stuff out there, just let go already.
  9. Oct 10, 2012
    I didn't want to buy this game, but I did. I got so excited about new zones that weren't streamlined so I gave in. For that, I figure the expansion was worth perhaps about $20 altogether with a free month. However, there is no free month and the cost of this expac was twice that. In the end the game became nothing more than a grind that is even worse than Cataclysm at level 90. TheI didn't want to buy this game, but I did. I got so excited about new zones that weren't streamlined so I gave in. For that, I figure the expansion was worth perhaps about $20 altogether with a free month. However, there is no free month and the cost of this expac was twice that. In the end the game became nothing more than a grind that is even worse than Cataclysm at level 90. The amount of dailies you will have to do, even after the nerfs to rep needed, will be quite high. These dailies will take you quite a bit of time and will help you eventually get some epic gear to raid with. But the problem isn't so much that as it is the talent system being once again revamped to an even more handheld version of its former self, the overly instanced world of warcraft, and CRZ zones which pretty much turns all zones into random groups of people who just compete for your stuff. It isn't an improvement on the game, but rather a step back. Sure there are more dungeons and heroics to level in and get nice loot, but it is all the same thing with new skins and set pieces to come crashing through on your aggressive romp to end game. The farming btw is also heavily gated since you need rep with the tillers and not to mention you have to wait a day til you can even grow anything. Honestly this annoys me. I have no interest in playing pokemon as well. So what do I do? I try the Scenarios to check out this new type of content and am let down yet again. These are essentially the older group quests but mobs have more health and can overwhelm you, if you die you just graveyard zerg back and try again. The challenge of this game in learning to play it and become good at it are by and large so far gone it is painful to try and remember what it once was. I say don't buy this. In fact don't ever support Blizzard again because at this point it is so blatantly obvious they are milking this game it is a wonder the community hasn't rioted. Expand
  10. Sep 27, 2012
    Bottom Line: in this day and age if you're paying $16 a month for this garbage Blizzard calls a game, the joke's on you. Like they say, a fool and his money is easily parted.
  11. Sep 26, 2012
    This is a review of two things, actually, so take it as such. MoP is...another xpac. With pandas. Is it fun? Yes, of course. It's still the same gear treadmill and the same fetch quests, but that's always been WoW, so I'm used to it. The new zones are beautiful. The music is great. Monks are a fun class, even if they did **** with them a bit so as not to offend people because they're doingThis is a review of two things, actually, so take it as such. MoP is...another xpac. With pandas. Is it fun? Yes, of course. It's still the same gear treadmill and the same fetch quests, but that's always been WoW, so I'm used to it. The new zones are beautiful. The music is great. Monks are a fun class, even if they did **** with them a bit so as not to offend people because they're doing drunken monkey style kung-fu like Jackie Chan and we can't offend people who don't drink. Or something. The pandas are charming enough, even if the females are really just a mildly altered redo of the female dwarf. Ji Firepaw is a fun addition. Aysa is...meh. The problem is with CRZ, which has absolutely destroyed the game if you're on a low-pop PVE server. If I wanted to PVP, I would do so. If I wanted to fight with a thousand other people for mats or spawns, I'd have transferred off my low pop and gone to a place where that sort of thing went on. My economy on my server sees no benefits from this amazing new 'feature'. Make no mistake, if you are on a PVE server and you rezone, you will get griefed, heavily. This is unbelievable and stupid. I transferred off my PVP server five years ago so that I didn't have to deal with it. To those of you who enjoy PVP, I'm glad this feature has revitalized your experience playing the game. It has ruined mine. I have friends on my server. I don't need realID either, by the way. I've been playing since vanilla, I can make pals just fine. I can't believe that Blizz would implement this right before MoP dropped. I can't believe they aren't listening to the thousands upon thousands of players on both US and EU servers who are telling them they want to opt out. If Blizz adds the ability to opt-out of CRZ, I'll resub and play again. As it stands now, I'm done, and a lot of other players are too. Bad, bad move. MoP would have gotten a six and fifteen bucks a month from me if it weren't for CRZ. Bye Blizz, it was fun. Expand
  12. Sep 26, 2012
    This is just completely awful. Not fun at all. What the hell happened, Blizzard? How do you screw something up this badly? Poor design, down crap, nothing works properly...
  13. Sep 25, 2012
    Honestly, there isn't anything new to the game at all. All of the talent that brought up Uldular, WOTLK, are gone. We are left with a hallow shameless company that is tripping over its own feet.

Blizzard used to be a company of gamers making fun games for gamers. Instead, now it has become a soulless extension of Activision and is failing to deliver any fun.
  14. Dec 18, 2012
    Tons of BORING dailies to remain competitive.
    Dailies, Dailies, Dailies, all the way Dailies, again Dailies for rep, Dailies for epics, Dailies for extra loot coins, Dailies for recipes, Dailies to cook, Dailies for titles, Dailies for Mounts. Dailes to unlock factions.

DAILIES SUCK!
  15. Sep 26, 2012
    Oh god. Just what everyone was afraid of. Dumbed down talent systems, click-to-start/win everything, bringing in a species as the titular characters which doesn't fit in the game at all (they were intended as easter eggs and minor characters in Warcraft 3). A few days before this game's announcement, an employee said they would never include pandas in games, they only see them to be inOh god. Just what everyone was afraid of. Dumbed down talent systems, click-to-start/win everything, bringing in a species as the titular characters which doesn't fit in the game at all (they were intended as easter eggs and minor characters in Warcraft 3). A few days before this game's announcement, an employee said they would never include pandas in games, they only see them to be in comics and mangas. Well, it looks like they found out where the game is the most profitable (Asians) and they decided to make it look like as much as the asian culture as they could (Great Wall, pandas of course, the music). The only problem is, almost no one is happy about the changes (Asians included). I mean, the Deus Ex games and Tomb Raider 2 are among my favorite games, and they are influenced by asian cultures a lot, but, again, it simply doesn't fit Warcraft at all. Blizzard, it's a shame how much you let money take over this franchise and (as much as I am ashamed to say this) I hope WoW dies as soon as possible, because this game is starting to be like the exact opposite of the original WoW. Activision, I remember when you published quality games like Jedi Outcast 10 years ago, since then, most of your games are equal to pure crap. You also let yourself to be a money-hungry company and it's obvious your hand is in this, too. If you listen to me, don't buy this game if you're still playing. Go to another MMO, go to a Vanilla/TBC private realm, do whatever you want, just avoid this game like the plague. Expand
  16. Oct 7, 2012
    Isn't this like Diablo3 simplified talent system for kids between ages 7-12 cartoony graphics. Cute panda bears for kids and of course you are able to play monk class. Similarity kung fu panda children movie is obvious. All time favourite is of course is implementing pokemon pets to game another feature that is bound to draw 7-12 years to play. After wotlk game has just been steadily beenIsn't this like Diablo3 simplified talent system for kids between ages 7-12 cartoony graphics. Cute panda bears for kids and of course you are able to play monk class. Similarity kung fu panda children movie is obvious. All time favourite is of course is implementing pokemon pets to game another feature that is bound to draw 7-12 years to play. After wotlk game has just been steadily been simplified cata was crap but at least had 10 points of talents to distribute "freely" ill bet pandaria is even more crap with cookie cutter abilities easily seen from really limited abilities. Really not worth about 60 euros to even test for month. Expensive and there are loads of better mmo games in market atm. Expand
  17. Sep 26, 2012
    Graphics are better than the old WoW but the fun factor has left. There is absolutely no challenge whatsoever. It feels like a game for simplistic children. What happened Blizzard? Where are you?
  18. Nov 4, 2014
    It's easy to see Blizzards game plan.
    Make money, for as long as it's possible, and spend as little effort as possible during the time.
    Mist of Pandaria brings nothing good to the table. They have dumbed down exactly everything. The talents are no longer any talent tree. There are just a few abilites where you can chose some of them. Sure it makes the game easier to balance, cause
    It's easy to see Blizzards game plan.

Mist of Pandaria brings nothing good to the table.
    They have dumbed down exactly everything.
    The talents are no longer any talent tree. There are just a few abilites where you can chose some of them. Sure it makes the game easier to balance, cause you can't do anything. But it's boring and bland. A grey nothingness of choices.
    The instances where easy before, but now they can be done with two people of low item level (poor gear).
    The heroics which should be the "The instance is now in hard mode" are so easy that they can be done with three people with average item level.
    This results in a party just running through an instance as fast as possible, just to try to get some loot (That will be disposed of within 3 playing hours, so it doesnt really matter anyway)

The raids are plain stupid. Learn where the ground AE hits or just stand in it. It does not matter. The raid will win anyway.
    After you've done the braindead and boring raids, you will have to wait a week to be able to do anything at all.

Of cource, this is at max level. But it takes roughly 20 hours to become high level. So it's basicly the whole game.

There is no longer any reason to play this. It's a scramble of button mashing and shiny colors, nothing more. It lacks all weight and all sort of challenge to anyone over eight years of age.

(My daughter is currently playing it on my account, and she is performing excellent, and she is eight years old. That is saying a lot of the game)

This is no longer an mmo, this is a kids color splash with low ambitions.
    I believe that Blizzard will have to change their company policy or die slowly, cause after World of warcrafts latests fails and Diablo 3 it's clear that they no longer want to create good games. They want the games to be as easy as possible to reach out to as many kids as possible, to get more cash in the bank.

It's sad for a hardcore warcraft/starcraft/diablo2 fan to see the company turn to this. I guess it's money that control their actions, and the vision to become a good game developer is long gone.
  19. Dec 2, 2014
    Not much to say..
    This is obviously not Blizzard any more. Hope Activision are happy with the sales in Asia since this game will be dead in western markets soon with this direction.
  20. Oct 6, 2012
    First of all, the attack on negative reviewers by the majority of positive reviewers exposes the fact that it is a select minority, perhaps even company employees, creating multiple accounts to boost the games positive rating. The whole thing reeks of self-promotion. Secondly, the expansion has dumbed the game down to ridiculous proportions. Will this appeal to everyone? No, of course not.First of all, the attack on negative reviewers by the majority of positive reviewers exposes the fact that it is a select minority, perhaps even company employees, creating multiple accounts to boost the games positive rating. The whole thing reeks of self-promotion. Secondly, the expansion has dumbed the game down to ridiculous proportions. Will this appeal to everyone? No, of course not. However, those that enjoy the game? I do honestly hope you have a great time. The expansion to me feels tired, flat and the blatant rehash of game mechanics into simpler versions does little to help the enjoyment factor. While this next point is entirely down to social perspective, playing WoW now feels embarrassing due to the multitude of fuzzy pandas played by 10 year olds running around karate kicking things. As an adult, I can't take the game seriously anymore. I just can't. The pollution of the community is also offputting. Give children anonymitity and a feeling of invincibility behind a computer screen and, well, comment sections on Youtube are all the evidence needed.

Blizzard have taken the commercial route for more money over game quality and please, trying to deny this is like trying to say fish don't swim. In the interest of being fair, the Monk class is fun. On the whole however, MoP won't win back any loyal fans and certainly doesn't put Blizzard in a great light. I'd like to say at this point, I really don't like Guild Wars 2 either. The bottom line? WoW is dying a very slow death and the injection of botox that is MoP doesn't do anything to make its ultimate demise any more graceful. Just the same old tired formula. This kind of arrogance and disregard for quality simply shouldn't be encouraged.
  21. Nov 6, 2012
    Is it me? Or am I the only one who thinking the next expansion... if there ever is one. Will be World of Warcaft: Rainbow Pony Friendship? Even when i saw the WoW commercial on TV. I thought it was a trailer for the next Kung Fu Panda and that movie is seriously where I think Blizzard got their ideas from. 0 creativity, 0 thought, and 0 respect toward their loyal players. This game isIs it me? Or am I the only one who thinking the next expansion... if there ever is one. Will be World of Warcaft: Rainbow Pony Friendship? Even when i saw the WoW commercial on TV. I thought it was a trailer for the next Kung Fu Panda and that movie is seriously where I think Blizzard got their ideas from. 0 creativity, 0 thought, and 0 respect toward their loyal players. This game is NOTHING like what it once was. Classic, and Burning Crusade looking back feel like and are a totally different game. It seems like their idea of business is to take your money and for you to shut up. I even tried to give my account to my girlfriend so she didn't haft to buy it. She wanted the account name changed to hers. Customer Service told me we needed to submit 2-3 copies of each of our LEGAL Identification to get a name change. What is this? Here in the US to vote for a President you don't even haft to show ONE piece of ID. LOL and this is for a VIDEO GAME account. But, that didn't end there. The client then proceeded to threaten to ban my account since letting her have/play it was a violation of the EULA. As a BIG leader in the gaming industry i expected more. Collecting millions and billions if revenue a year, they would be the most polished company on earth. But to assume that, you would be DEAD wrong. Expand
  22. Oct 21, 2012
    I saw a blog post the other day from another MMO developer which talked about how you shouldn't make drastic changes to an MMO after launch, specifically on 'streamlining' the experience. In it, he talks about changes that individuals felt were necessary, but wound up contributing to his game's ultimate decline and demise. That dev was Dan Rubenfield, writing about the NGE patch for StarI saw a blog post the other day from another MMO developer which talked about how you shouldn't make drastic changes to an MMO after launch, specifically on 'streamlining' the experience. In it, he talks about changes that individuals felt were necessary, but wound up contributing to his game's ultimate decline and demise. That dev was Dan Rubenfield, writing about the NGE patch for Star Wars: Galaxies. Now, 5.0 wasn't on the level of NGE, but over the years, things have begun to accumulate that make me question the necessity. The most obvious is the talent point system. Mechanically, it works and I understand why they did it. It is actually nice to be 'viable' regardless of the spec you choose. However, A) you are making choices for your character every 20 levels as opposed to every 2 levels, taking a lot out of the feeling of excitement for levelling up. B) oftentimes it is difficult to decide not because things are so good, but because nothing really appeals to you. C) the change did absolutely nothing to get rid of cookie cutter builds. D) things are seriously, seriously unbalanced - it's like they didn't listen to the beta testers. Another terrible decision was the inclusion of Cross Realm Zones (CRZ). Currently these only affect pre-MoP areas, but they have introduced a host of new bugs and issues, including lag spikes which crash your connection and auto-dismount when crossing zone borders. I play on a full server, and I was blown away when I learned I would have to share space with not only people from my server, but at least 5 other high population servers! Quest mobs are constantly camped, and on pvp servers there is constant ganking by high level players. Absolutely terrible decision. You now get Valor Points for dailies, which on the surface seems like a possibly good change, until you realize rewards for running heroic dungeons are cut in half, and you can only get full rewards once a day. This essentially means daily quests are mandatory, forever. I am not able to play 24/7, so the idea of doing 30+ daily quests every day really turns me off. Anyway, this review isn't so much about Pandaria as it is about the changes that came out in 5.0. I struggled with scoring it because content wise, MoP is ok if a bit lackluster. There wasn't anything that blew my mind in MoP like there was in previous expansions, and the "new features" (pet battles, scenarios) feel tacked on. You will run 4 dungeons while levelling 85-90, then find only 2 new, heroic-only dungeons at 90 (the rest are heroic versions of vanilla dungeons - ugh). I don't like to be a 'sky is falling' type person, but the only thing that can kill WoW is WoW itself, and dammit, they're trying. I don't believe I will be renewing my subscription. Expand
  23. Sep 28, 2012
    Holy Cow! Blizzard really jumped the shark with this one. YES people wanted more races....but that should have been done early and often- finally adding one all these years later is more like a slap in the face to the players who gave up playing because of how static the game world has become. The fact that they were too lazy to make new races for both sides (or even *gasp* add a new sideHoly Cow! Blizzard really jumped the shark with this one. YES people wanted more races....but that should have been done early and often- finally adding one all these years later is more like a slap in the face to the players who gave up playing because of how static the game world has become. The fact that they were too lazy to make new races for both sides (or even *gasp* add a new side to the war) also hurts the games premiss. Expand
  24. Sep 26, 2012
    Argh! why oh why did I buy this? Blizzard have destroyed what was once my favourite game of all time, people complein in other MMO's at the lack of endgame content at launch (of which wow had none) but nowadays WoW is only endgame with everything up to that point being dumbed down into a mindless grind. Round up as many mobs as you possibly can and easily kill them all.....no group quests,Argh! why oh why did I buy this? Blizzard have destroyed what was once my favourite game of all time, people complein in other MMO's at the lack of endgame content at launch (of which wow had none) but nowadays WoW is only endgame with everything up to that point being dumbed down into a mindless grind. Round up as many mobs as you possibly can and easily kill them all.....no group quests, no elites anymore, no need to think at all, but hey, don;t worry because you'll have to wait an hour to kill this one mob that everyone is waiting for to respawn anyway! The new area and race are inspired by Jung Fu panda, it's alright whining that pandarens were brought in back in WC3, that wasn't really a proper introduction and the actual creation of the WoW race and area were clearly done with the dreamworks movie in mind to appeal to their young playerbase.

Sick of kill stealing, sick of ninja looting, sick of PvP that is geared strictly against new players (not fun when my wife won't PvP because the heirloom people one shot her), sick of rude idiots desperatly running through easy mode dungeons whining that we need to round up more mobs, sick of fetch and return questing......back to GW2 for me! My glorious memories of Vanilla and TBC won't be further tarnished by lazy, one dimensional expansions......oh and don't get me started on the talent system, nice new talents for some classes but godawful way of dealing with it, yet more dumbing down, they may as well just hand out level 80's and let them get on with the boring raiding from day one.
  25. Nov 7, 2012
    World of Daily Questcraft. WoW has devolved into a rep grind. What started out as Shattered Sun daily quests in The Burning Crusade where one could do them all in an hour, now dailies have evolved into a 3 to 4 hour grind (depending on server and if you are doing them at peak time). Other than that, the story arc is the same as the last 2 expansions: 1. New world is discovered, 2. AllianceWorld of Daily Questcraft. WoW has devolved into a rep grind. What started out as Shattered Sun daily quests in The Burning Crusade where one could do them all in an hour, now dailies have evolved into a 3 to 4 hour grind (depending on server and if you are doing them at peak time). Other than that, the story arc is the same as the last 2 expansions: 1. New world is discovered, 2. Alliance and Horde compete for colonization, 3. A great evil awakens to threaten the very fabric of existence, and 4. Blizzard takes a year rolling out the content to save the world in 2 to 4 content patches before they announce another expansion to reset the cycle. Do not buy! You won't have time to enjoy this game unless you are unemployed and on welfare. This game has become a job. Expand
  26. Sep 28, 2012
    honestly, i didn't expect any better, just another pointless expansion with no texture or graphics updates, i think WoW has had it's time and needs to rethink there style and what makes an MMO fun. gameplay is dull , nothing new brought to the MMO genre. However, i did enjoy the dungeons.
  27. Sep 25, 2012
    So, how can we reduce even more content for our players? Oh I know! How about we take away good story elements (or any story for that matter), refuse to innovate more on the game play and reduce areas of content just a bit so that we are giving less and less (I will get into that in a bit) people might say I haven't played it enough since it was mainly just beta that I was most likely toSo, how can we reduce even more content for our players? Oh I know! How about we take away good story elements (or any story for that matter), refuse to innovate more on the game play and reduce areas of content just a bit so that we are giving less and less (I will get into that in a bit) people might say I haven't played it enough since it was mainly just beta that I was most likely to have played, but,, for now, i'm talking about content, and there really isn't a lot in this game. From what I understand, there is no new world BG, Tol'Barard was horrible because it had nothing different or new about it, it was basically AB but dumbed down to a game with literally a few strategies that people couldn't understand (at least on my server) just mass attack one place while defending the other in a repeating cycle. Also, this game seems to have no story, so you would thing that they would add more or better BGs right? Well only 2, and they aren't anything too new in terms of other games that have come out, mine cart garding, really? Whats next blizzard? Oooh ooh, kill confirmed? How about a Co Op mode where you fight zombies or robots? I know i'm kind of being a d*ck at this point, but really, there is nothing new and to make matters worse, you are getting less from the expansion, this wouldn't be so bad if it had an epic PVE story mode, but I have yet to find something intriguing. I think the biggest flaw since cata was creative designing,,,, where the hell is it? Everything since Cata feels like anything good stripped down to something extremely basic yet so bad that improving it wouldn't really make the core game play (Like TB) any better, it would just be masking it. I'm also rating it on the fact that I can't even install the freaking optimization patch, i get internet errors from blizzard telling me to check my connection, I have, and guess what, I'm fine, my friend is having the same problem, we both got good rigs and good internet, today the download bar moved to 0.5 before giving me this error, that only took a week... Look,,, iv'e been playing WoW since Burning Crusade, I was one of the first people on my server when it was starting, I have enjoyed WotLK because it had brought in cool new mechanics, but when Cata came, the quests were good in my opinion but the raiding and the dungeons were terrible, they started recycling more dungeons from the past to improvise extra stuff, we have been on a decline on brand new dungeons/raids/arena maps/Bgs since cata, we are paying 15 bucks a month and 40 dollars for each expansion that brings less and less, this needs to stop blizzard, stop being so high and mighty, and listen to your players.... Have a good one... Expand
  28. Sep 25, 2012
    MoP is the same old tired mechanics only with a new skin. It has gotten to the point where Blizzard is just shoveling out useless content worse than a Facebook game.
  29. Oct 2, 2012
    Every expansion has breathed new features and new life into WoW. This one doesn't. It simplifies the game to the point of absurdity, offers nothing to improve on the dated, now-ugly graphics and effects, and offers nothing compelling we haven't seen and done before. The new race isn't interesting, the new zones aren't interesting, and the new class is slightly interesting. Once you getEvery expansion has breathed new features and new life into WoW. This one doesn't. It simplifies the game to the point of absurdity, offers nothing to improve on the dated, now-ugly graphics and effects, and offers nothing compelling we haven't seen and done before. The new race isn't interesting, the new zones aren't interesting, and the new class is slightly interesting. Once you get to the new level cap, which takes practically no time whatsoever, you'll be treated to...easy end-game that, frankly, isn't very interesting. If you're addicted to WoW, you'll undoubtedly buy this. If not, just pass. There are so many MMOs out there now offering different features and playstyles, there's really no reason to play this one anymore. Expand
  30. Sep 26, 2012
    Wasted 40$ for nothing. It feels like a game for children. This was once a good game. Not anymore, what happened Blizzard? Just stay away from Activision-Blizzard.

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    An expansion worthy of the franchise’s legacy that, according to sales and subscriptions data, pulls the series back on the right track, in a spectacular way. On the other hand however, the limitations of the World of Warcraft platform are similarly underlined. There’s no room for fundamental restructuring of the game. [November 2012]
  2. Nov 25, 2012
    The fourth World of Warcraft expansion set is trying to get back all of those souls lost in last months, even years. At the end of the day it manages to get them back, letting them forget Cataclysm that's been dull as ditch water.
  3. Games Master UK
    Nov 25, 2012
    Another great excuse to delve back into this massive world, though archaic gameplay grates. [Christmas 2012, p.92]