4.7

1. Sep 27, 2012
    I just came back to WoW for MoP after being discouraged by GW2's dungeon design and even though i was highly skeptic about MoP's concepts they where quickly changed shortly after logging in. Maybe it's because i haven't played WoW in so long but to me MoP is by far the best fun i've experienced since i played vanilla in beta. I also think Monks are one of the best classes Blizz has made,I just came back to WoW for MoP after being discouraged by GW2's dungeon design and even though i was highly skeptic about MoP's concepts they where quickly changed shortly after logging in. Maybe it's because i haven't played WoW in so long but to me MoP is by far the best fun i've experienced since i played vanilla in beta. I also think Monks are one of the best classes Blizz has made, they however a bit simple to play, but never the less i find them the most fun and innovated. Although i told myself i would never but another blizzard product after Diablo 3, i am actually enjoying MoP very much. Expand
  2. Sep 27, 2012
    I've played WoW since vanilla. I skipped WotLK entirely, though I've dabbled in some of the content since coming back for Cataclysm. I'm seeing a lot of 0's here, in addition to a lack of professional reviews so I'm putting in my 2 cents worth, because the 4.0 I'm seeing as the user score seems HORRENDOUSLY inaccurate. I'm only level 88, and have only quested the first 3 zones, so myI've played WoW since vanilla. I skipped WotLK entirely, though I've dabbled in some of the content since coming back for Cataclysm. I'm seeing a lot of 0's here, in addition to a lack of professional reviews so I'm putting in my 2 cents worth, because the 4.0 I'm seeing as the user score seems HORRENDOUSLY inaccurate. I'm only level 88, and have only quested the first 3 zones, so my scope is limited, but my first impression is vastly different from what I'm seeing other people (who likely have the same amount of time with the game, or less.)

Here's the bad:

This is not a perfect launch for an expansion. There have been quest bottlenecks where there are too many players and not enough mobs. Blizzard took away some very convenient features, such as mass summons, and the ability to use your flying mount while levelling, with the purpose of "allowing the player to better appreciate the world they've designed." Cross realm zones have been obnoxiously bugged, and were fixed only yesterday.

All of this is to be expected with the launch of a Blizzard MMO title. Every other launch has been exactly the same.

And guess what? All that stuff doesn't matter.

The zone design is beautiful. The storyline is full of laugh out loud moments, with all the goofy pop culture references you'd expect from Blizzard. The monster designs are unique and interesting. The atmosphere of the first few zones are lighthearted, with the pandas constantly eschewing their love of peace and food. Food is a big deal in this expansion... there's an entire town called Halfhill devoted to all the different cooking specialties you can learn, and tons of quests to do while learning. I've heard there's also a farming minigame to play as well, where you can grow your own cooking reagents? Tradeskills are exceptionally easy, from what I've heard. You could argue that they are too easy, but then, I never really had all that much fun running around farming ore or herbs or skinning back in the days of Classic and Burning Crusade WoW. I haven't stepped into the new dungeons, but I saw previews of them from back in beta, and they look like they'll fit right in with everything that's come before.

The story seems lighthearted now, but some NPC's are dropping foreboding hints at a coming darkness. The tension between horde and alliance in the quests is much more prominent than it's been in the past, and this evil force called the Sha keeps showing up. The ancient protectors of the continent are tired, and unable to tend to it on their own. And that's where we come in. I can't wait to get into these dungeons and raids and save the world once again.
  3. Sep 27, 2012
    I made an account to post this. MoP is easily the best expansion to date. There is a great deal of critism of anything blizzard does or doesnt do these days and I would like to say out that ANYONE who gives expansion under a 5 has either not actually played it or made up there mind not based on reality but on there own misconception or hatred of anything that blizzard produces. There isI made an account to post this. MoP is easily the best expansion to date. There is a great deal of critism of anything blizzard does or doesnt do these days and I would like to say out that ANYONE who gives expansion under a 5 has either not actually played it or made up there mind not based on reality but on there own misconception or hatred of anything that blizzard produces. There is one controversial change which I cannot comment on as I have seen very little of its impact which is cross realm zones. In theory it should be a good thing and I dont see why it shouldnt especially if it adds more chance for random PVP encounters. But I will leave it at that.

Talent/skill/glyph revamp- One of the most unfun things to do in an MMO is to have to learn and relearn complicated trees which alter stats. If you are playing 1 or 2 characters it is easy to keep upto speed and actually know how to make a profficent build. After 10 years of online game I have a small army of characters across doaens of games and it is almost more trouble than it is worth to go back and jump on one you havent played for a while. The new talent system can only give you strong builds that can be figured out relatively quickly. There is also a greater degree of tactical flexibility with the ability to loadout skills and glyphs on the fly allowing more focus on actual combat. I have notivced several skills which have been integrated as passives or into other skills. I think this is great as having more and more skills every year only overcomplicate what should be simple.

Pet battles- only done it a short time but it seems very well done. If you ever played pokemon on gameboy you will like this. It is optional and offers a bit of depth.

Pandaria- I have played many wow clones over the years and I have come to the conclusion that if you are looking for that kind of simple casual progression wow does it just as good and in many cases better than any. They have not reinvented the wheel. but further refined the original formula to make your basic kill/collect quest as entertaining as possible. I wasnt sure if I would be into the whole panda/chinese/kun-fu theme, although they have done a good job of it. It has an exotic feel to it. Alot of the fights are 2-5 mobs and it reminds me of fighting creeps back in the days of ROC/TFT alot more than previous expansions. Monk- Havent played hte new class however I have fought against them and they seem pretty powerful. People actually playing them like it. Dungeons/raids- Only done 4 of the new ones on normal and they are what one would expect. I look forward to the challenge modes and scenarios.

Area looting- about f'in time.

PVP-
    havent been able to try new BG, I think they are lv 90, however there is a hell of alot of world PVP. Sharing quest hubs with the other faction can be tense and difficult at times, and because of that we have the highest levels of WPVP sing the southshore/TM days. Both good and someimes annoying but its what alot of people have been saying they want for years and I dont mind. Overall- I am level 88 and have had the most fun in wow since vanilla. The overall experince is top notch. it is an experiance. I am actually looking forward to leveling up some alts which is unusual. Most people I have talked too and played with have high opinion of MoP. The many low scores reviewers have given on this site is a joke written by a growing minority of disgruntled players who have lost there perspective. I suspect that this is because they have been playing blizzard games/MMOs heavily for years and are incapable of enjoying them anymore. That has happened to me before and I couldnt play for years.
  4. Sep 28, 2012
    First and foremost, let me start out by saying that I think many of the people here who have reported the game as being shipped out as the same content over and over have to realize something about MMOs in general: they all follow the same pattern. Sure, there are games out, now, like Guild Wars 2 and Rift that implemented an event-based questing system. But guess what? 8 years down theFirst and foremost, let me start out by saying that I think many of the people here who have reported the game as being shipped out as the same content over and over have to realize something about MMOs in general: they all follow the same pattern. Sure, there are games out, now, like Guild Wars 2 and Rift that implemented an event-based questing system. But guess what? 8 years down the line when the game releases their expansions, I wonder how many people are going to say oh god, not another EVENT-BASED expansion? Because after 8 years of a game being released and built upon, I would think people are just looking to hate on a game thats been walking a delicate line between releasing drastic changes and retaining much of the nostalgic and old-style feel from Classic WoW. What people want is an overhaul, but not an -overhaul-. Oh, please change all x things, but leave x things the same! I am in no way a Blizzard fangirl.Blizzard has made some royal screw-ups in the course of its career, but I -do- think they are trying. Do people really think these developers and artists just sit there and put no love into their work? Do you think they hate their own games? Come on. Use your brains. If -you- were a developer working day and night on a project as big as WoW, youd do the best you can at making it a game worth playing. Stop being petty and play the game longer than three days before you start down-rating it for issues that are either already being addressed or that are never going to change, period. If you dont like the rep/quest grind any longer, you should just stop playing MMOs in general and quit downgrading a game solely on a mechanic that is NEVER going to go away.
    Quests: There have been quite a few bugs here and there in the questlines. Such is expected of a newly game, so I give them an appropriate amount of time to go back in and fix those bugs. They are doing so as I type this...a two hour down-time period for them to do an overhaul and fix some of the more glaring issues. I dont mind taking a break from my grind to come back to fixed content. Now, we have the quests themselves, which actually are still reminiscent of the typical quest grind, but have some interesting lore surprises just when you think things are getting boring! I thoroughly enjoy the turn the lore has taken for the Alliance-side questing through Pandaria and have been following closely through each zone. Some quests are very fun and light-hearted, some might call them 'childish' but really, we're all playing an online fantasy game, what else do you expect? Pandaren: They are pretty interesting...I thoroughly LOVE Chinese lore in and of itself and I think Blizzard was very respectful in borrowing and honoring some implemented qualities from the culture and design. This is coming from a person who went to Blizzcon and grouched about the day they announced the idea of Pandaren: I didnt like them and didnt want them in my WoW. But now that I've run around on one for quite a while and delved into their lore, I have changed my mind.
    Continent: There are certain areas in Pandaria that just blew me away visually...I stand still or run around an area just to take in the beauty of it all. Zones all have something unique about them that set them apart and the flow of the quest chains has you visiting every single area so you dont miss out on any of the hard work they put into the design. Lore: I think the lore in this expansion is everything I had hoped for, not just for the Pandaren, but for the Alliance and Horde in general. I would like to go into further details but Id rather not spoil anything for anybody who hasn't gotten through most of the first batch of content. Ive been waiting for is some kind of recognition from Blizzard that there are players out there who want to see some character development for our lore characters! Graphics: The graphics have been updated significantly: better texture resolutions, smoother animations, some recycled but many of them new and fresh. They contrast heavily with the older textures and previous armor-styles but Blizzard has made it clear that they will be working on and releasing revamped character models in the future. As long as that promise is upheld, I can be patient and wait for that to roll around.
    CRZ: I heavily dislike them, I wish they were never implemented. I feel as though this is the source of all my lag and would prefer it if they would remove the feature entirely. Talent System: I miss the old talent system. I think this new change is interesting, at best, but I saw nothing wrong with the old talent trees and wish they had never touched them. I like the minor glyphs and even some options that change spells to better fit a play style. Major glyphs help to counter a little of my dislike towards the talent changes.
    Scenarios/Challenges: Have not gotten that far, yet, but after doing Theramore I think they show potential.
    Overall, this expansion gets a 9/10.
  5. Sep 28, 2012
    Fantastic, immersive questing; wonderful graphics (yes, the engine is old, but so what? this makes it accessible to a wide variety of people); and a fascinating storyline with subtle, adult undertones make this the best expansion since Wrath of the Lich King. Raid content is not yet open so cannot comment yet on this, but based on several days of play I cannot see myself getting bored orFantastic, immersive questing; wonderful graphics (yes, the engine is old, but so what? this makes it accessible to a wide variety of people); and a fascinating storyline with subtle, adult undertones make this the best expansion since Wrath of the Lich King. Raid content is not yet open so cannot comment yet on this, but based on several days of play I cannot see myself getting bored or unhappy with this expansion. They have put in so much to for me to do that I'll be kept busy for the next year. Two thumbs up. Expand
  6. Sep 29, 2012
    There are many things that are wrong with WoW's newest expansion. Though there is so much more that is right. Mists of Pandaria represents the culmination of years of experience in making WoW expansions. It is the best of the series without question, or perhaps seems as such following the horrible blunder that was Cataclysm. The art style, questing systems and new continent areThere are many things that are wrong with WoW's newest expansion. Though there is so much more that is right. Mists of Pandaria represents the culmination of years of experience in making WoW expansions. It is the best of the series without question, or perhaps seems as such following the horrible blunder that was Cataclysm. The art style, questing systems and new continent are everything that the game needed to feel refreshing, while also boosting it's normal "World of Warcraft" style that people either love or hate. While most reviews herein contain reasons such as "network" or "Pandas" followed by obscene ignorance, MoP is everything that any past expansion has given and perhaps more. Gamers today as a whole have lost the ability of distinction, and it is human nature to hate on something that is popular if you are not a part of that group. This is exasperatingly evident with MoP, which brings forth new content, brilliant visuals (ala WoW style), hilarious and entertaining quests and an promise of so much more. The new systems alone provide for bonus addons that give players new things to do while preparing for raids and to do battle; the cross realm system, while very irritating to non-PvP realm characters, is a great idea that was poorly implemented. Getting gold ratings on challenge modes are incredibly hard even for hardcore raiders, and scenarios bring an additional outlet for people to spend time earning justice and new items without needed a tank or healer. In addition, the reformat of normal dungeons to the era of Wrath, while maintaining the difficulty of challenge modes, is a tremendous improvement over the last expansion where dungeons weren't all that popular until the second patch.

Blizzard has promise bi or tri monthly patches containing alternating portions of contents such as raids, dungeons, dailies and story that will further advance the storyline of Mists of Pandaria. As such, huge battles are expected, and there is already more blood in the water than in any expansion thus far. PvP is rampant on PvP realms, and so are a huge amount of issues that should have been handled during beta (such as crz and it's general useless nature other than providing extra players to steal your kills or quest mobs).

Pet battles are strangely addicting, and farming is less than optimal in being entertaining. Still, the game boosts tremendous improvements over the past, learning from mistakes and rewarding multiple different types of crowds. As most raids haven't been released (scheduled for a week or two), the only experiences I could speak of such is from the Beta, of which I found to be very enjoyable and just challenging enough.

Questing is entertaining from the start, minus the somewhat poor cut-scenes made to introduce them. Multiple different objectives, story-lines and "just for fun" tasks bring forth refreshing leveling when focused on at a moderate pace. Pandas, while controversial, bring about a certain feeling of "zen" in their own land, but ultimately cause one to quirk their eyebrows when seeing them in regular towns. Luckily, if Worgen are any indication, they will be a rare race of bestials despite having an "awesome" flare to a certain crowd. To put it bluntly, if one is on the fence about this expansion and you've enjoyed WoW in the past, it is definitely worth the purchase price and a few months of entertainment. Many are getting tired of the whole raiding scene and just getting new gear just to get new gear. Though the amount of content and things to so and do within WoW will give months to do while waiting on other games or just needing to fill time in general out of boredom.
  7. Oct 1, 2012
    If you've been loving WoW for the last 8 years like me, then you'll love this one too. There is a ton more endgame content right out of the box. the soundtrack is also beautiful again. just fun all around. if you didn't like wow before then you probably won't like this, so go back to guild wars 2.
  8. Nov 3, 2012
    "To ask why we fight, is to ask why the leaves fall
  9. Oct 30, 2012
    Lol this expansion is really fun and well made, just like every other one it provides tons of replay. Also i cant help but laugh at all the Guild Wars 2 fan boy butt hurt about this. Do any of you people even own the gAme? Probably not, i have played guild wars 2 and its a good game but doesnt keep you hooked and always with something do like WoW does. And if you dont like this feel freeLol this expansion is really fun and well made, just like every other one it provides tons of replay. Also i cant help but laugh at all the Guild Wars 2 fan boy butt hurt about this. Do any of you people even own the gAme? Probably not, i have played guild wars 2 and its a good game but doesnt keep you hooked and always with something do like WoW does. And if you dont like this feel free
    To dislike, swear about me, rate it unhelpful and have a good time in Azeroth! ;)
  10. Oct 3, 2012
    There is definitely way too much "QQ" over this game for illogical reasons.

There is definitely way too much "QQ" over this game for illogical reasons.

Mists is definitely the smartest expansion from Blizzard. Some of the more pointless things in the game, such as hunters using mana, casting time on slam, healers using talent points for dispells, Soul Shards in bags, reagents for spells and grinding keys to enter dungeons are gone. The reason? Simply because they went against the shaping of the game. Warriors should never be casting. You shouldn't need to grind an item just to get into a dungeon. Etc.

The talent point system was in dire need of being revamped. PvP-wise, several classes were forced into one spec for viability, but now all specs share common qualities, giving a more diverse environment. There was never any freedom with the old system. During WotLK, it was still a basic cookie cutter and it was just as worse in Cata. When you see a lock, warrior, shaman...you could be facing any spec. There are numerous combinations. Blizzard has gone back to it's TBC/WotLK days, where you level on a separate continent with distinct zones so you can finish a zone, obtain one level, and then move on to the next zone, which definitely makes you feel more involved with the expansion rather than questing, leveling, taking a portal to a new place, and repeating the process all over again.

Speaking of leveling, the grind for 85 to 90 is horrendous. Casually playing, it took something like 5-8 hours per level. The diverse zones make it slightly bearable, but everyone in my guild and on my server complained about the length. However, most people can relate to the grind from the original 1 to 60 before we had Looking For Dungeons. People asked for a harder game, and the grind was perfect in terms of The new raids are definitely going to leave some people puzzled. The architecture for Vaults is painstakingly similar to Ulduar. There is a similar trash grind that resets if you fail to kill a boss, and the bosses offer a much stronger complexity (which you will have to judge for yourself). Whereas last expansion, almost all guilds burned through the entire normal tier without any effort, only 3 guilds on my server have down the first 3 bosses, and there is only 1 guild in the world who has finished all 6...and this is just normal mode.

The game is different and time will tell how this expansion goes. There's definitely a number of things to do and it offers a strong hand to casuals and hardcore alike. I give it a 9 because I do not think Blizzard will ever outdo themselves and return to their 12 million subs. The content is fun and enjoyable, the mechanics are new, and it definitely seemed like a more "close-to-home" expansion that it's predecessor. World of Warcraft is far from "dying" and it's the top MMO for another year.

Typical reviews on here are just plain wrong and lack any intellectual thought. I'm writing this one one day after content was released, so if you're ready any of the reviews before October 2nd, you are reading reviews of people who have yet to touch the new raids, compete in arenas, try out new BG's, and so forth. Basically, you're reading the reviews of people who haven't even played this game yet. That is no way to judge a game.
  11. Oct 4, 2012
    I love all the QQ's about this game, i been a player for 6 years now and this is the best expansion in my opinion(now granted i didnt do end game content for BC so i cant judge on that) All i ever hear is people say "it seems like they made this game for kids" Are you all forgetting your playing a video game? of course its going to be focused on a younger crowd........ WoW has always hadI love all the QQ's about this game, i been a player for 6 years now and this is the best expansion in my opinion(now granted i didnt do end game content for BC so i cant judge on that) All i ever hear is people say "it seems like they made this game for kids" Are you all forgetting your playing a video game? of course its going to be focused on a younger crowd........ WoW has always had a childish theme to it. The content is SO much better than Cata, leveling has not been a complete drag to me yet which is a complete breathe of fresh air. And to those that say its dumbed down, 10 bucks says 3/4 of you went onto elitest jerks and tried to find the best build for your class and spec cause i know i sure did. So don't preach about how it impacted your play style and blah blah blah cause in reality it did not really effect you at all. All i hear is ohhhh i want it back to the way it was and end game to be ridiculously hard core. Well you all need to realize Blizzard is a BUSINESS and needs to do what they feel is best for their product......... Don't like it? Then end your subscription and go play something else, but im sure most of the negative reviewers here are already level 90. I love MoP and will be a long time WoW fan. Expand
  12. Oct 4, 2012
    The monk is fun. The graphics are beautiful. The talent system is no longer a Pavlovian illusion of choice. The community is strong and varied. The newbie zones aren't ghost lands anymore and the pvp has returned to the world. The leveling experience has been streamlined - although in some ways it is now like a solo rocket to max level instead of a journey - which is why I knocked it off 1The monk is fun. The graphics are beautiful. The talent system is no longer a Pavlovian illusion of choice. The community is strong and varied. The newbie zones aren't ghost lands anymore and the pvp has returned to the world. The leveling experience has been streamlined - although in some ways it is now like a solo rocket to max level instead of a journey - which is why I knocked it off 1 point. To those that feel the game is the 'same ol' same ol' - I agree it is still wow. They didn't change how the game is played. But, in my opinion, I didn't want a 'new' game, in the same way that I don't want them to change how baseball is played from season to season. It has expanded the current game, hence the term 'expansion'. They don't change the rules of baseball just because there is a new season do they? Expand
  13. Oct 15, 2012
    So, I can tell whoever gave this a zero didn't even play it. This is by far better than Cataclysm. This expansion brings you into a new world, with a rich new story to the Warcraft universe. Sure, Pandas are goofy and not so serious, but the expansion is great. The quests they put in make questing not a drag, and I LOVE the continent of Pandaria. The only problems I have currently withSo, I can tell whoever gave this a zero didn't even play it. This is by far better than Cataclysm. This expansion brings you into a new world, with a rich new story to the Warcraft universe. Sure, Pandas are goofy and not so serious, but the expansion is great. The quests they put in make questing not a drag, and I LOVE the continent of Pandaria. The only problems I have currently with this expansion is the Cross Realm Zones, with all the ganking and bugs going on leveling alts has become pretty frustrating. But after getting past all of those frustations, the new monk class is amazing. They are very balanced (compared to release Death Knights). I have no idea where these haters came from, but this expansion is great. I was going to quit WoW but MoP brought me back. Expand
  14. Oct 30, 2012
    Dragon Soul destroyed my faith in WoW that Firelands built up. The release of MoP has made me regain some of that faith.

Questing and dailies are as grinding as always and boring, the dungeons are not terrible but at the same time they are nothing great. I am here for the raiding though and so far MoP blows Drag Soul out of the water. As I said before dailies are a grind-fest and

As I said before dailies are a grind-fest and very boring so if you want to play a game for the questing then it may not be the game for you, but I play the game solely for the raiding and this is a big improvement over Dragon Soul. It would be nice to see some sort of innovative new idea for questing, but I still give it a 9/10 for a decent opening raid.
  15. Jan 9, 2013
    Quite simply the best paid MMORPG i have ever played and experienced in my history of gaming, i've been on and off with this game since i was 12 (due to financing) i am now 18 and feel that this expansion has been the best one out of all of them so far, possibly in close competition with WOTLK, it has a huge range of customization which will never fail, and even better a huge expansiveQuite simply the best paid MMORPG i have ever played and experienced in my history of gaming, i've been on and off with this game since i was 12 (due to financing) i am now 18 and feel that this expansion has been the best one out of all of them so far, possibly in close competition with WOTLK, it has a huge range of customization which will never fail, and even better a huge expansive lore universe, the expansion itself has played out very well and has made a pleasant playable new continent pandaria, by pleasant, i mean color scheme wise, unlike TBC where you trudged through the dingy worlds of Zangarmarsh, Hellfire, and SMV, this one provides a much warmer atmosphere and a new race of pandas, performing kung fu, what more could you ask more. Collapse
  16. Apr 24, 2013
    The monk is fun. The graphics are really better. The talent system is no longer a illusion of choice.

In my opinion Mists of Pandaria it's the second better expansion of world of warcraft.
  17. Jul 1, 2013
    We must all admit that world of warcraft has soon existed for 10 years and by that we can also say that this game is a hard rock to beat off the shelves. I personally have good and bad experiences about this game. But one thing is for sure. I feel ashamed when i go to metacritic to see one of my most time consuming games have gotten, i mean, haven't we all played this game? When it comesWe must all admit that world of warcraft has soon existed for 10 years and by that we can also say that this game is a hard rock to beat off the shelves. I personally have good and bad experiences about this game. But one thing is for sure. I feel ashamed when i go to metacritic to see one of my most time consuming games have gotten, i mean, haven't we all played this game? When it comes to the community of those who've moved on or gotten old of the game, it's fine, it's understandable but i do not feel that we are doing a great job as what comes to helping the existing community. I first joined World of warcraft in 2007, so i wasn't there from the beginning, but was far from the end! World of Warcraft is something we all should admire, even if it is good/bad/dying right now. I feel ashamed and disappointed. Not because of Blizzard no. But because of the community that is now turning their bags away from the game and spitting it right in the face. You don't get your voice taken seriously if you are threatening with your fists at the same time. I am not trying to defend blizzard, but i am trying to defend something that we've all loved for a long, long time. I know this was not an actual game review, to make it quick, i still play the game myself. Not as much as i used to and not as enjoyable as it used to be BUT! I do still find new things that blizzard actually DID improve to the game. The questing has gotten way more fun, RBG's, Cross realm, Battletags, LFR, Guild levels, Challenges and more. Despite every single one of you who have grown old by age, some of you STARTED playing this game as a KID and now you are judging onwards those YOU once were. Don't point the fingers at the game. Point them at yourselves and say to yourself: "what did this game do to me?" now i know that there are plenty of terrifying stories about humans who have lost their lives out of addiction, but what the heck?? The game was apparently good enough to take all the life form out of most of us? If that isn't worth the time writing a review about a game that has been life changing for both the good and for the bad we should all remember one thing. Things will never be like the past, but give the new generation room to learn.

I am sorry if this "critic" was a bit too long or if my grammar, english aren't 100% correct. I am not from English nationality.

- a happy customer.
  18. Aug 13, 2013
    Solid game if your enjoy raiding and story. The only sore spot was the constant barrage of dailies at the launch. But most of those have been addressed and fixed.
  19. Feb 21, 2014
    At first I was put off by the entire idea of a Panda expansion for my World of Warcraft game. It felt too kiddish. However, after playing through the new areas of content I was blown away by the rich storytelling. This expansion was an improvement in quest design, class balance, and end-game content than what we saw in Cataclysm. Still ranking slightly behind Vanilla, TBC, and WotLK though.
  20. Dec 16, 2014
    Storyline: The storyline (questing) in WoD is written well. Your character is integral to the core plot moving forward with an importance it has never had before. Combine that with the use of "phasing" technology that makes permanent the changes you made to the open world environment as complicated as blocking a pass with boulders falling from a mountain above or as simple as justStoryline: The storyline (questing) in WoD is written well. Your character is integral to the core plot moving forward with an importance it has never had before. Combine that with the use of "phasing" technology that makes permanent the changes you made to the open world environment as complicated as blocking a pass with boulders falling from a mountain above or as simple as just removing a NPC that died in a quest you just completed and the immersion factor is better than ever before! Now add a liberal use of "cut-scenes" staring the core characters of Warcraft lore at critical and climatic points in the campaign which are so well written and produced that they pull on your emotions as strongly as any good movie scene and you have as excellent product you can create given today's technology, the ability to be played on nearly any machine, and the limitations inherent in creating a RPG content in a MMO environment. Bravo Blizzard! Expand
  21. Oct 3, 2012
    It's hard to believe that I'm writing positive things about a Blizzard product after the last few years, but here it is. MoP has landed and it's actually a decent expansion. This time the skill remake (at least for my character) is really good. I enjoy my warlock again, something that Cataclysm took and broke again and again. The new skill selection is interesting and it affords youIt's hard to believe that I'm writing positive things about a Blizzard product after the last few years, but here it is. MoP has landed and it's actually a decent expansion. This time the skill remake (at least for my character) is really good. I enjoy my warlock again, something that Cataclysm took and broke again and again. The new skill selection is interesting and it affords you the ability to change your skills on the fly because the reagent needed to do so is inexpensive to the point of being insignificant. This actually opens the game up, rather than restricting it like people who aren't playing write in the negative reviews. You get to choose 6 abilities at a time from a pool of 18 that you can change whenever you want to without needing to visit a trainer. That's variety and accessibility on a scale never before seen in WoW. The new dungeons are enjoyable yet challenging while they're new. They aren't hard like dungeons were at the start of Cataclysm, but they aren't trivial like they were at the end (though honestly they will be by the end of this xpac, such is life in WoW). The new things to do like pet battles get you out into the world and dungeon challenge modes offer competitive PvE for players in addition to raiding. PvP is still there in several different varieties (although, I took a point off for Blizzard putting the gear vendors where they did, making them killable and saying they thought that was a good idea. It wasn't a good idea Blizzard, not at all). All in all there is more to do in MoP than there ever has been in all of WoW's history and the things that have kept the game going all this time like spot on controls, modability, accessibility and stability are all still there. Expand
  22. Mar 18, 2013
    I've been playing this game since launch and I've loved it since then. There are a couple problems with this expansion (and others) though. There are some class balance issues, but those are too bad. However, the grind is too much! I hate the daily quest system, you can only get a certain amount of rep each day, I wish it was a matter of time put into the game, not waiting.
  23. Oct 2, 2012
    I don't understand how so many people blindly rate it below 4 just out of shear emotion. I thought it was decent launch, it had lag issues for about 3-4 hours and it was perfectly fine after. I have done quite a bit in the game so far (level to 90, heroics and challenge modes)
  24. Nov 18, 2012
    Full of **** whining about a game think they're elites or some **** I came back from a 2 year break and it was such a refreshing feeling. This game doesn't deserve a score below 5 IMO.
  25. Oct 9, 2012
    I am a casual WoW player -- I play maybe a few hours per week when I get the chance. I almost always solo quests and I've never joined a guild. I play video games primarily to be entertained, not challenged. From my point of view, Mists of Pandaria is a fine expansion, perhaps the best to date. There are new zones and quests, and the Pandaren are a well-imagined new race with a cultureI am a casual WoW player -- I play maybe a few hours per week when I get the chance. I almost always solo quests and I've never joined a guild. I play video games primarily to be entertained, not challenged. From my point of view, Mists of Pandaria is a fine expansion, perhaps the best to date. There are new zones and quests, and the Pandaren are a well-imagined new race with a culture obviously drawn from medieval China and Japan. The Monk class is powerful, and many of the more tedious aspects of advancement in the game have been simplified (for example, at least for Monks, you no longer have to visit a trainer to learn new abilities when you level up). More intangibly, MoP has somehow brought back the sense of wonder and fun that made the original WoW, as well as the earlier single-player games, so appealing -- if the three previous expansions had a sort of dark, epic Lord of the Rings feel to them, MoP is more like The Hobbit. By taking itself less seriously, WoW has become more enjoyable. The only significant drawback is the graphics engine, which is definitely showing its age -- WoW will likely need massive upgrades in this regard if it is to continue for more than another year or two, especially after the next-generation consoles are released. Expand
  26. Oct 10, 2012
    I personally don't understand why this game has been score-dived so heavily. Despite the hitches most expansions experience during launch, Mists of Pandaria has put World of Warcraft back on track. By removing all of the pointless number-crunching rubbish in the game and instead focusing far more heavily on enemy tactics as well as emphasising on this idea of a continuous expansion whereI personally don't understand why this game has been score-dived so heavily. Despite the hitches most expansions experience during launch, Mists of Pandaria has put World of Warcraft back on track. By removing all of the pointless number-crunching rubbish in the game and instead focusing far more heavily on enemy tactics as well as emphasising on this idea of a continuous expansion where the main continent of Pandaria reshapes over the game's lifespan, it is far, far easier to be gripped by this Exp's far more involving story. Pandaria itself looks absolutely amazing and the Pandaren, although originally a bit gimmicky, where well delivered.
    This expansion is head-over-heals better than Cataclysm and every bit as magic as TBC or WotLK when they both first launched.
  27. Oct 2, 2012
    The quests, music and scenery are really good. The new talent and glyph setup is great.

The big drama is PVE difficulty. There is no challenge at all. Even a first dungeon run feels like a grind. It is quite literally impossible to fail.

For that I'll rate this 8, the lowest I've rated wow expansions so far.
  28. Oct 2, 2012
    I have to say, its pretty good. I thought I was done with WoW, as I was burnt out and also pretty upset with Blizzard. This almost makes up for how bad Diablo 3 turned out. Cata lost me, as I felt like it shouldn't have even been an expansion but rather a free "refresh." I rolled my eyes like millions of others when they announced Pandaria, but you know what? I rolled my eyes when Kung FuI have to say, its pretty good. I thought I was done with WoW, as I was burnt out and also pretty upset with Blizzard. This almost makes up for how bad Diablo 3 turned out. Cata lost me, as I felt like it shouldn't have even been an expansion but rather a free "refresh." I rolled my eyes like millions of others when they announced Pandaria, but you know what? I rolled my eyes when Kung Fu panda came out, and I wound up liking the stupid movie. I went ahead and gave MoP a chance, and found myself having more fun with WoW than I had in a long while.

The new talent system is weird, and certainly boring for someone just starting to level, but I get what they were trying to do.

The graphics options are much improved. The new areas are interesting. We get a new race and new class.

I think people need to realize that there's only so much you can do with a game this old. And I don't mean the graphics. After playing the same MMO for 6 years, how can you not be tired of it? How can you not be tired of the genre itself? Maybe its time to move on. I get some players are angry that the game is easier or more casual, and that they feel betrayed, but I for one am happy the game is less of a grind. I just want to have fun. I don't want to sacrifice large chunks of my life to any single game. And to all the hate on the FMV, well, I want this one was the best they've done yet. I've never thought they were amazing or worth watching twice, but this one was technically very impressive and amusing. I've seen people comment that they were offended that this strange new race would be attacked without cause. Well lighten up, it was amusing, and it makes a pretty accurate statement on human (or orc) nature.

So no, its not perfect, or revolutionary, and I ought to vote it higher to compensate for extremists ( a zero? Really? Did you buy one of the display boxes by mistake?) but I think its a solid 8, and a pleasant surprise.
  29. Oct 12, 2012
    To be fair I have to admit that I wasn't very optimistic about this expansion in the months before its release. I really was disappointed with Cataclysm and I really wasn't liking much of the news and developer posts that I was reading about Pandaria. I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised though. Pros:
    + The new lands are beautiful and if you're the time of person who loves doing
    + The new lands are beautiful and if you're the time of person who loves doing the quests like me then you'll be in heaven. + The stories and new Pandaria lore are really fun to follow. + The new cooking dailies where you have to grow food Farmville style are surprisingly fun and addictive. + Pet battles, a new system where your companion pets can duel against each other seems to be a new form of crack. Cons:
    - I'm still not a fan of homogenizing the talent trees into a total of 5 talent choices once you're level 90. That's right, you have a total of 5 talents to choose from and even those choices really aren't all that different from one another. - Profession mats drop and spawn so abundantly that the mats are practically worthless only two weeks into the game. If you had fun working the auction house in the past you might be disappointed. - Mote and Spirit of Harmony (this expansion's Volatiles) are all BoP so again, there's no money to be made selling them on the auction house. - Justice and Valor point gear is exclusively sold by faction quartermasters now so you need to grind reputation in order to spend the points that you had to grind to earn. Basically if your on the fence about picking this up because you hated WotLK and Cataclysm I'd say that its worth picking up and giving it a shot. Like myself, you may be pleasantly surprised.
  30. Oct 6, 2012
    Almost 90% of the negative reviews for this expansion are from accounts that were just created and have only reviewed this one game. This leads me to believe that it is a relatively small group of people making multiple accounts just to drive down MoP's meta score. As for the game itself, I think it's one of the best expansions that Blizzard has released thus far. It's on the same level asAlmost 90% of the negative reviews for this expansion are from accounts that were just created and have only reviewed this one game. This leads me to believe that it is a relatively small group of people making multiple accounts just to drive down MoP's meta score. As for the game itself, I think it's one of the best expansions that Blizzard has released thus far. It's on the same level as the Burning Crusade and definitely head and shoulders above Wrath and Cataclysm. The expansion adds a ton of content; A new race, new class, new continent, a pet battle system, and a personal garden for your characters to maintain a la Harvest Moon. The latter two are what is drawing the most flac from elitists. Oh no! Something else for players to do besides grind raid gear! The sky is falling! Seriously, this expansion is greatly entertaining and those whining for a return to the Vanilla / BC era are looking through some massive rose-tinted glasses. A game becoming more "casual" friendly is NOT a bad thing. Elitist snobs are actually throwing temper tantrums because Blizzard is making it possible for MORE people to see raid content. Yup, you read right. They are upset because they are no longer special little snowflakes and "less serious" players are now able to get their one exclusively 1337 gear. There are 324 negative reviews. Well, there are over 800 players in my Guild and Guild Alliance, and 90% of us think this expansion is great fun. Sure there are a few little things that could use tweaking (*cough*spawnratescough*) which is why I gave this expansion an 8 instead of a solid 10. If you just want to play WoW, see content, and get distracted by the multitude of things now in game go ahead and buy MoP. You'll get your money's worth out of it easily. If you think that EverQuest is the best MMO ever concieved, that every other game ever ripped off EverQuest (even ones that came before it!), and you think only the best of the best deserve to see end-game then you best stay away and let us "casuals" have our fun. Expand
  31. Feb 26, 2013
    If you don't do endgame raids (NOT LFR!!!!) or endgame PVP, then your opinion on this game has no meaning. Are you guys judging this game on the old content? Max level heroics have been a joke for a long time and if they weren't frankly no one would do them because the loot isn't rewarding enough. The raids are fun, the pvp is fun, the endgame is fun. This isn't that best mmo in terms ofIf you don't do endgame raids (NOT LFR!!!!) or endgame PVP, then your opinion on this game has no meaning. Are you guys judging this game on the old content? Max level heroics have been a joke for a long time and if they weren't frankly no one would do them because the loot isn't rewarding enough. The raids are fun, the pvp is fun, the endgame is fun. This isn't that best mmo in terms of leveling anymore, but it always has been the one with the best endgame, and for a mmo endgame is where it counts. The facts are this, if you liked raiding or pvp in ANY of the previous WoW expansions than this is an expertly tweaked version. The raids are challenging even on their normal modes and heroic will give you some troubles. Expand
  32. Sep 25, 2012
    Good quests, zone design, artwork, and new features are the strong point of this expansion. Those who are wanting an interesting leveling experience, colorful zones and dungeons, and new lore will not be disappointed by this expansion.

Compared to the sometimes dull and rehashed zones in Cataclysm, the new zones are a breath of fresh air that harken back to the zone design of WotLK. The accompanying music has an appropriate oriental feel mixed with the oldschool tunes of Warcraft 3, which they seem to be trying to bring back in to the game.

I thought the pet battles would be a somewhat amusing side feature, and was surprised to learn how in-depth they went in to creating that system and its content. If you liked Pokémon, you'll probably get some fun out of the pet battle system. Don't look for the same amount of depth, however.

The pandas have an interesting and sometimes amusing story. If you're looking for a dead serious, no-funny-business, don't play the Pandarian race. There's still plenty to keep you entertained that's not your cup of tea, however.

This expansion loses points for the sometimes overly silly and cheesy quest and cinematic content and dialogue. Sometimes it seems like some sort of weird comedy in certain parts. I found myself groaning out loud in certain areas. Don't get me wrong, some of the quests are great, but you can definitely tell when a quest was phoned in.

The dungeons are short and to the point. This may please some, although I did find myself pausing after completing my first few dungeons and going: "that's it?" They're been streamlined for the new challenge modes and it shows. The new class talent system is a step up from the previous talent trees, although it does seem to lack the depth that it previously had. Despite the claims of the developers, there are clear winners in most categories for the talent you want to take. Unfortunately, there are also useless talents that you instantly know will be useless in the vast majority of situations. It's a good thought, but there's still plenty of work to be done.

Its buggy introduction quests are not a reason to dock an entire point as it's not a game stopper, but it could definitely have been handled better. I'm not sure how the main intro quests still had issues upon launch after the extensive beta testing this game received.

The expansion will unfortunately be remembered for its shaky quest start if they don't fix that very, very soon. There are also issues that will manifest themselves during leveling such as some class healing specs not having essential leveling abilities such as AoE.

TLDR: If you liked Wrath of the Lich King, you'll probably like this expansion. It's not perfect, but it's a step up in game quality overall.
  33. Sep 25, 2012
    Maybe I really am addicted to this game. Maybe I am a fanboy. I really enjoyed my first 8 hours in Pandaria. Is there a huge amount of players trying to do the same quests? Yes. Is it a little buggy? Yes. These other negative reviews seem to have it in their heads it should be perfect day one. Reality is, it's not even a full day since release. Of course there will be a wait forMaybe I really am addicted to this game. Maybe I am a fanboy. I really enjoyed my first 8 hours in Pandaria. Is there a huge amount of players trying to do the same quests? Yes. Is it a little buggy? Yes. These other negative reviews seem to have it in their heads it should be perfect day one. Reality is, it's not even a full day since release. Of course there will be a wait for quests. Why you think there wouldn't be should tell you how disconnected you are to the game and it's massive fanbase. Sadly, bug do plague the experience. Kinda sad that it's expected so I really won't deduct points (maybe 1 point). I'll be first to admit I was very skeptical and even trash talked WoW after the new patch. "Too easy" and "dumbed down" were my words....well that and "even retarded kittens can play this now". I'm excited to say with the new content it has been a tad more difficult however, not enough to give a higher score. If your like me and wanted more, this game does have it...you just need to look for it. Expand
  34. Sep 26, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have vexed that so many people seem to judge this game on the first day of the release, while not only it is impossible for them to have viewed all the content that is to be seen, but also, never actually bring up in details the game's changes from its previous releases. I myself neither have however managed to see all of the content, but I will give my review based on first impressions of the game and try to avoid the hateful hivemind that seems to be omnious amongst the user reviews of this game.

First of all, let's take a look at the changes in abilities: A lot of people complain about losing their talent trees, but personally, I find it much more convenient. Lets face it, there never was any freedom with it anyway, everyone used a base set and built upon it. No creativity, everyone was the exact same. Taking away the old talent system is a good grief, whilst the new talents now give you freedom as they are all viable and all have their own amount of helpfulness. This gives people the oportunity to have a gameplay that is more like "them", and the new rotations are refreshing. Whilst some got a little stern (Such as Arms warrior, but this is based on a personal opinion), some other however seem to have gotten viable, while they used to be simply useless. For instance, Fury warriors were often laughably slow and rage starved, while now, they have less rage issue than arm warriors and are fast (And very fun!). The addition of a new class is always refreshing, but of course, there will always be unsatisfied people. The only thing I however have to complain about in terms of abilities are the power of healing. While level capped people don't seem to have a problem with it, level 85 healing is crazy and makes PVP against hybrids (I'm talking about DPSes with the ability to use healer spells, like a shadowpriest or a boomkin) very unfair. This was something mostly notable since patch 5 before MoP's actual release.

Now, let's move on to the quests and storyline. We're not talking about a huge, revolutionary and amazing questline, but it's a good and refreshing change of pace. For two expensions in a row we've been stuck with an end of the world scenario and a big villain that must be killed, or otherwise he will destroy the world (Deathwing, Lich King). This got pretty stern, and it didn't feel like the story was moving alot, altough Cataclysm's story DOES have a very important change that effects Mists: Garrosh becoming leader.

In the mists, the alliance and the horde keep their old battle against eachother, nothing unusual. But then the island is discovered, with a neutral faction upon it, and another threat; when war is brought upon Pandaria, hatred becomes corruption. It makes you think, is this fight between the alliance and the horde even worth it anymore? Is it even right? But it's hard to hold back as both faction have an extremely different approach on Pandaria. The alliance seems to try to stay as pacific as possible towards the Pandaren, with Anduin going on his own to help the people, while Garrosh, on his side, is REALLY pushing it, almost coming in as a tyrant to the horde (this is specifically felt when speaking to Paw'Don NPCs, as alliance).

That said, it's a nice change of pace from the "End of the world coming, big bad guy, must kill him" scenario. It instead makes you think about the fight between the horde and the alliance, the reasons behind it, and its consequences. It makes the whole PVP deal a lot more immersive.

Speaking of immersion, pandaria does that very well. All the zones are beautiful and unique, they're nothing like the rest of the world, and that's a breath of fresh air. The oriental mood is gorgeously executed and the music is (FINALLY) exploited to add to the mood and feeling of the game. The major NPCs (Such as the SI:7 agents) all have their own voices, and thus, feel like they're actually characters, and not just a generic person you will only meet once in the game to then forget about them forever. They feel important, and even charismatic on top of it.

The armors also have a great look. The purchasable armor gives people who have rushed their toons to 85 before the release a mean of having a good questing set, and avoids you from getting the old "Outlands clown armor" issue.

In many ways, the Mists of Pandaria are a great change of pace from Cataclysm. Some aspects of the game have been made more accessible and more enjoyable for all, while at the same, more chalenging content remains available (Such as Challenge mode, which is probably going to make PVE more intense that it ever was). The new areas have a unique feeling to them, the story makes MoP stand out of the previous expacs, and the list of goodies goes on, and this is just from a few hours of gameplay.
  35. Sep 27, 2012
    First off everyone needs to ignore all scores around 0. It is absolutely ridiculous that little kids/immature with an axe to grind can come on here and cry about Pandas. These aren't reviews they are simply being vindictive and if you read most of them, they are carbon copy posts by cry baby sheep. I am someone who hasn't played in a year and I have generally liked the expansion. To startFirst off everyone needs to ignore all scores around 0. It is absolutely ridiculous that little kids/immature with an axe to grind can come on here and cry about Pandas. These aren't reviews they are simply being vindictive and if you read most of them, they are carbon copy posts by cry baby sheep. I am someone who hasn't played in a year and I have generally liked the expansion. To start the release was one of the most solid that i can remember, although there is lag here and there. There really is tons of depth to this game and it's no longer geared to be a second job. Tons of people on here are posting vindictive zeros because they are no longer a unique snowflake. They are butt hurt because EVERYONE can now access raiding via "looking for raid (LFR)". These are the people who raid as their job and base their self-worth on it. They are the ones who stand around in major cities, posing so people can see how beautiful their gear and mounts are. Those days are over because everyone can now access said gear, but in different colors. It is actually quite hilarious that these people are so upset that the game has evolved and they no longer are the only ones with raiding gear, etc. that they feel the need to come here and score it a zero. It's sad actually, but shows you how they were way into the game in the first place.

If you've been away from the game, give this expansion a shot. There's a lot more to do, previous systems have been tweaked, and a good amount of dungeons and raids to begin with. Too much is made over pandas being a playable race, redone talent system, LFR, etc. I have zero interest in pet battles, but everyone seems to be loving it. Beyond all of that, don't be fooled. This isn't a child's game by any stretch of the imagination. People cry on the internet because they have anonymity and no fear of being called out for acting like spoiled children. Do not let haters and cry babies dictate if you play this expansion or not. I am not a Blizzard fanboy, so take that into consideration. If anything Diablo 3 deserves the zero's, but not this expansion.

One more thing about the zeros. Maybe all of the haters and cry babies here, who claimed to have quit the game, but probably haven't, hopefully have. What does that mean for the player base? Well if people, like the ones scoring the expansion zero because they are immature crybabies, are gone, that bodes well for a more mature and respectful player base. This expansion, like life, is what you make of it. If you have a sense of entitlement, you think the game should cater to the minority(hardcore, and not the majority of players, then this game isn't for you. If you like to play a very well done game/expansion, that has more depth than anything out there, this is a game for you.

P.S. Haters gonna hate, so ignore them
  36. Sep 27, 2012
    100% improvement vs. Cataclysm. I just came back to WOW after a loooong hiatus and I am liking the fact that Blizzard has decided to switch things up with the talent trees. After being gone for so long, if I was able to come back and "leave right where I left off", and there were no changes to the game, I would have been disappointed. The game is not perfect and the initial surge of people100% improvement vs. Cataclysm. I just came back to WOW after a loooong hiatus and I am liking the fact that Blizzard has decided to switch things up with the talent trees. After being gone for so long, if I was able to come back and "leave right where I left off", and there were no changes to the game, I would have been disappointed. The game is not perfect and the initial surge of people playing on opening day kinda showed some of the oversights/ imperfections of the starting content on the new zone. On Alliance side, gyrocopter event, it took me an hour to complete the night of release. Ran the event again on my rogue the next day and I completed it in 5 minutes. When I play this game, I play it to have FUN and to play with friends, not speed past all of the content just to get my character to lvl 90. So far, I am really enjoying it! Expand
  37. Sep 27, 2012
    As a player who's been with this game since alpha I can honestly say that this is the best expansion since Burning Crusade. Everything was improved, from combat, to questing. The only thing I cab even nitpick about is the age of the game slowing graphically when compared to more recent MMO titles. Us unfortunate that most reviewers are blinded by their own fanatical love for how WoW "used"As a player who's been with this game since alpha I can honestly say that this is the best expansion since Burning Crusade. Everything was improved, from combat, to questing. The only thing I cab even nitpick about is the age of the game slowing graphically when compared to more recent MMO titles. Us unfortunate that most reviewers are blinded by their own fanatical love for how WoW "used" too be to realize it. Vanilla was amazing, but what alot of people don't realize is the game its the same and hasn't gotten easier, its just less time consuming. People can't devote 10 hours a day to progression wipes in raids anymore so Blizzard speed punishing people who can't give their life too this game. Graphically the game is sound, but shows a bit of age.

Ambience music and zone sound tracks are brilliant.

Gameplay is left relatively unchanged which is both a bad and good thing.

When it comes down too it though, you'll either love it or hate it. Longtime fans will find more of the same, and newcomers will be welcomed with an expansive world with plenty to do.
  38. Oct 2, 2012
    Although it's not perfect, Mists of Pandaria certainly provides a relaxed but more fun setting to enjoy. Graphics make the game different and more voice acting and cut-scenes make it more interesting to play. For me, the real enjoyment comes from the feeling of that adventure that you had back in the old times. Great expansion, but there could have been a lot more things implemented toAlthough it's not perfect, Mists of Pandaria certainly provides a relaxed but more fun setting to enjoy. Graphics make the game different and more voice acting and cut-scenes make it more interesting to play. For me, the real enjoyment comes from the feeling of that adventure that you had back in the old times. Great expansion, but there could have been a lot more things implemented to make it even better. Expand
  39. Dec 15, 2012
    When I first heard of "panda expansion" I thought it was some kind of joke. However, after trying it out I must say it isn't too bad. The continent of Pandaria - despite the stupid name - is actually very well done. I also got used to pandas fairly quickly and found out they didn't spoil my experience like I thought they would. Pet battles are fun and make all those companions much moreWhen I first heard of "panda expansion" I thought it was some kind of joke. However, after trying it out I must say it isn't too bad. The continent of Pandaria - despite the stupid name - is actually very well done. I also got used to pandas fairly quickly and found out they didn't spoil my experience like I thought they would. Pet battles are fun and make all those companions much more desirable yet at the end of the day it's just a minigame. Overall, this is a solid expansion - not very innovative but it's very well done and it's very polished. Expand
  40. Jan 22, 2013
    Great expansion so far, much more content in contrast to Cataclysm where we had nothing to do. Positive changes, better accessibility for casual players and diverse content. Lots of players are returning to the game. However one big issue is the escalation of bots, especially in battlegrounds, and Blizzard's inability to deal with the problem.
  41. May 22, 2013
    Blizz yet again have made something magnificent, MoP is a nice expansion pack on the massive game, World of Warcraft, the new monk class is very fun to play (maxed one out my self) and was a healer, and offered a new take on healing which we have not seen in a good while, they changed the talent system so its alot more easier to understand and not just a bit cluster of little things, butBlizz yet again have made something magnificent, MoP is a nice expansion pack on the massive game, World of Warcraft, the new monk class is very fun to play (maxed one out my self) and was a healer, and offered a new take on healing which we have not seen in a good while, they changed the talent system so its alot more easier to understand and not just a bit cluster of little things, but its nothing new, WoW has always be the same and always will be, been playing WoW since vanilla and i am calling it on this one, its a good expansion but nothing new, for new players, go get it now, you will not be disappointed Expand
  42. Oct 25, 2013
    While nothing will ever bring us back to the first two expansions that made WoW, this is not bad. The talent tree changes are but the story line is better integrated than Cataclysm (though not as well done as BC or Wrath). Hopefully, Blizzard learns from the user reviews of this game to produce a better expansion next time around. There is just too much of the endgame grinding for gearWhile nothing will ever bring us back to the first two expansions that made WoW, this is not bad. The talent tree changes are but the story line is better integrated than Cataclysm (though not as well done as BC or Wrath). Hopefully, Blizzard learns from the user reviews of this game to produce a better expansion next time around. There is just too much of the endgame grinding for gear handouts and not enough challenging exclusive content. Expand
  43. Nov 18, 2013
    I've played World of Warcraft since Vanilla. Albeit, I did stop playing TBC the start of Cata, but that doesn't stop me being able to give my impressions on the current expansion, before the new one comes out and changes everything.

Now I know many onlookers to WoW are like: "Wow, look at the pandas. What this, Kung Fu Panda?". I know we're kinda past that now, but it still comes up in a few places, here and there. Out in real life. "Oh, you play WoW? Didn't they add Kung Fu Pandas?". You look at the ground, frowning. Pandaren, as they're referred to in-game, weren't the massive flop many expected them to be. A lot of people rolled a Pandaren, and you see quite a few flying around their respective capital city. The new continent, Pandaria, looking graphically striking compared to past zones, with its giant world bosses and impressive rolling hills and ancient structures. The land itself is beautiful, and a joy to explore.

We'll start off talking about Pandaria then. As I said, Blizzard opted to update the graphics significantly in Pandaria, making the land one pretty place. Pink-blossomed trees blowing in the wind, the light breeze of background music it all creates a very nice atmosphere of an ancient time-lost land that you're exploring. The decision to not let you fly in Pandaria until max level (90), was a great choice. It means that you get to actually experience the environment instead of flying high above, not caring in the slightest what's down below. It also gives way for World PVP to occur the enemy faction attacking you, or you attacking them. Only if you're on a PVP server, of course. And its likely that the enemies you find from the opposite faction are actually your level, making it a fair fight. You do get the occasional maxed out ganker, but those moments are few and far between. The new continent itself is a joy to explore and level in.

But what happens when you 'ding' 90? Yes, you've done it! Max level! The game really opens up. You can now do raids get together a group of 10-25 people and take on some of the hardest bosses. Or do LFR, and get grouped with other similar players to take on a 25-man raid. In terms of raiding, MoP shines. The raids are varied and very interesting, and the bosses are epic in scale. However, I do feel that LFR is too easy in most circumstances if you have a non-braindead group you can easily faceroll through all the bosses no problem. This is LFR though, so that's to be expected. The real challenge comes in Normal or Heroic versions of the raids, pumping up the difficulty substantially. Also, there's one more option Flexible raiding. This allows a group of anywhere in between 10 and 25 people to do a raid and the difficulty scales with the amount of people, as well as the loot. Flex is harder than LFR, and provides just the right amount of challenge for many players. In terms of raiding and endgame, MoP gets a big fat golden tick.

But what of the new class, the monk? I've played the monk for a bit, to around level 25, and it seems very fun. Talking to a 90 monk, they seem to really like this class, for all it's worth. Monks can choose all 3 positions Tank, DPS, or Healer with their 3 specs. At lower levels, monks do seem to be very OP, especially in BGs and Dungeons, but this levels out in the higher levels. Overall, the monk class is a worthy addition to the current classes, and you have to admit punching people in the face is bloody cool.

There's so much more I could say about this expansion, but... wait a second. There's one thing I've got to talk about. Pet Battles. Just seriously, hear me out. Pet battles are like Pokémon, but in WoW. When you're not raiding, or doing anything else, you can summon out your pets and battle other players in a Poké-like experience. You can even catch Rare and Epic rated pets. Seriously, it's really addictive and a lot of fun a worthy addition to this expansion.

As this review and expansion draws to a close, it's a perfect time to say that I've really enjoyed this expansion. The new Warlords of Draenor expansion is just around the corner, and that looks to be some of the best WoW times yet. I look forward to the future of this game and have truly enjoyed my time in this expansion.

8/10. If haven't before, pick up WoW and give it a go. I'm not kidding.
  44. Jan 9, 2013

An expansion worthy of the franchise’s legacy that, according to sales and subscriptions data, pulls the series back on the right track, in a spectacular way. On the other hand however, the limitations of the World of Warcraft platform are similarly underlined. There’s no room for fundamental restructuring of the game. [November 2012]
  2. Nov 25, 2012
    The fourth World of Warcraft expansion set is trying to get back all of those souls lost in last months, even years. At the end of the day it manages to get them back, letting them forget Cataclysm that's been dull as ditch water.
  3. Nov 25, 2012
    Another great excuse to delve back into this massive world, though archaic gameplay grates. [Christmas 2012, p.92]